PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama

poolman
09-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Had a meeting with oor Rod today,not Leeann

Mmmmm?

Before anyone says source, sorry been asked not to divulge but he def met him today

3pm
09-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Had a meeting with oor Rod today,not Leeann

Mmmmm?

Before anyone says source, sorry been asked not to divulge but he def met him today

Aye right.

Bostonhibby
09-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Maybe Rod's converting to Islam?:greengrin

70hibby
09-12-2014, 09:42 PM

Lol :greengrin

Billychaotic182
09-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Maybe Zemamma is an investor to clear our debt.........

O'Rourke3
09-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Tourist visits old pal shock. Up there with Riordan near incident so is guilty by association exclusive.

poolman
09-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Aye right.

You must know more than me then

Hermit Crab
09-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Aye right.

:agree:

SMAXXA
09-12-2014, 10:10 PM
It's true, it was a double date with them Budgie and Skacel

Cabbage East
09-12-2014, 10:17 PM
You should be a reporter for the sun with writing like that.

Hibby70
09-12-2014, 10:22 PM

somebody tell him it's different kind of prophets.

Ozyhibby
10-12-2014, 01:22 AM
Free agent, only 31?
Maybe worth a trial.
Can certainly create chances.

Forza Fred
10-12-2014, 05:04 AM

:hibees

Mark79
10-12-2014, 06:00 AM
No ta. Had his chance. Some cracking moments but more time on treatment table or having a poor game.

Auckland Hibs
10-12-2014, 06:04 AM

:top marks

bingo70
10-12-2014, 07:01 AM
No ta. Had his chance. Some cracking moments but more time on treatment table or having a poor game.

He's far better than we currently have so I'd be happy enough with that.

Hermit Crab
10-12-2014, 07:07 AM

Scott Allan? :confused:

bingo70
10-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Scott Allan? :confused:

Was thinking more handling, Harris or Stanton but was trying to avoid using their names as criticism of young players doesn't go down very well on here ;-)

I'd say Scott Allan was more of a centre mid where as zemmama is better either put wide or behind the strikers.

PeterboroHibee
10-12-2014, 07:46 AM

Is he really though? When Zemmama was on his game he was a hugely entertaining player, but I also remember the huge number of problems we had getting him to perform consistently or even be on the pitch (whether through injury or because of other issues). If I recall correctly, we ended up getting about 10-15 appearances a season from him over his time at Hibs which is really poor! I dont doubt his technical ability compared to most currently at Hibs, but theres far more to being a footballer than that.

IFONLY
10-12-2014, 07:54 AM
Was thinking more handling, Harris or Stanton but was trying to avoid using their names as criticism of young players doesn't go down very well on here ;-)

I'd say Scott Allan was more of a centre mid where as zemmama is better either put wide or behind the strikers.

But you did anyway!!!

johnbc70
10-12-2014, 07:56 AM
Another player who had too many 'off days' just like all the others. In other words not good enough.

Although one game he was outstanding and one of the best performances I have seen by a Hibs player, think it was against Dundee Utd.

steve75
10-12-2014, 08:38 AM
If he could prove his fitness and fit into what Stubbs wanted I'd be more than happy for the return!

People are forgetting that the top flight standard has dropped considerably since he last played here, and we are a tier below that.

bingo70
10-12-2014, 08:41 AM
But you did anyway!!!

Yes. I decided that as its a hibs forum it wasn't unreasonable to suggest an ex player is far better than we currently have, regardless of age.

keep the faith
10-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Another player who had too many 'off days' just like all the others. In other words not good enough.

Although one game he was outstanding and one of the best performances I have seen by a Hibs player, think it was against Dundee Utd.

I think he is good enough. Yes he is inconsistent but at this level he would stroll it.
Saturday showed more than ever how much we miss a bit of creativity or a cutting edge. Zemamma would give that.
If terms are sensible then it's worth a punt.

JimBHibees
10-12-2014, 08:45 AM
He signed a 2 year deal for Raja Casablanca in August 13. No idea if he has been playing or not.

The_Exile
10-12-2014, 08:49 AM
Seem to remember he had a lot of issues with his missus getting a visa and his family coming over, so that would've certainly unsettled him. That free-kick against St MIrren, that drive against Rangers which led to the quickest goal in SPL history, he was exciting!

Ozyhibby
10-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Be worth a couple of weeks trial, see what Stubbs thinks.

erin go bragh
10-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Zemmama is still my grandson's fav Hibs player . He's now 8 . A couple of years ago when the kids meet santa after the panto , santa asked him "what can i get for you young man "
To which my grandson replied " can you have a word with the manager , for selling Zemmama " . Santa and his helpers burst out laughing . Lol

Ggtth

Ken
10-12-2014, 11:25 AM
If Stubbs is interested in Zemmama and the terms of the contract suit Hibs, I would be all for giving him a short term pay as you play deal

--------
10-12-2014, 11:38 AM

I disagree. He was very inconsistent and if we did sign him he'd need to put in a lot more effort than I remember him doing last time around.

The quality's there, I agree, but he didn't show it half enough to justify a second chance.

And in view of his inconsistency and lack of effort, I would challenge the notion that he's better than we currently have.

AND I thought Leeann Dempster was the CEO now - not Petrie. He should have gone in the summer. He certainly shouldn't be hanging around getting involved in the signing of players.

You can't go back.

The_Exile
10-12-2014, 11:40 AM
I would be all for giving him a short term pay as you play deal

These types of contract don't really exist anymore as there are a load of legal issues around said contracts.

Ken
10-12-2014, 11:49 AM
These types of contract don't really exist anymore as there are a load of legal issues around said contracts.

Low basic wage and an appearance bonus. Deal until the end of the season. Don't think that would be too complicated to put in place

Bad Martini
10-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Low basic wage and an appearance bonus. Deal until the end of the season. Don't think that would be too complicated to put in place

Agree. It would be relatively easy to put in place.

I dont think he done enough the first time to merit even that though...

Brightside
10-12-2014, 12:39 PM

You are totally at it! Have you watched him recently?

bingo70
10-12-2014, 12:44 PM
You are totally at it! Have you watched him recently?

No but I've watched hibs recently.

If he's half the player he was he'd be good enough for this league.

God Petrie
10-12-2014, 12:47 PM
We haven't had a player as creative as Zemmama since he left. Some of his touches were sublime. Worth it for that alone.

Give me 1 zouma instead of 10 of these boring 'safe' players.

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Come on, if he's anything like the player we had before he'd be very good in this standard. I genuinely think some people do forget just where we are playing our football these days.

bingo70
10-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Come on, if he's anything like the player we had before he'd be very good in this standard. I genuinely think some people do forget just where we are playing our football these days.

You must be totally at it!

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2014, 12:53 PM
You must be totally at it!

:greengrin

Brightside
10-12-2014, 12:59 PM
:greengrin

You both need to lay off the lunchtime shandies.

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2014, 01:01 PM
You both need to lay off the lunchtime shandies.

do you want a bet? :greengrin

Brightside
10-12-2014, 01:04 PM
You cant comment on a player you havent seen play for years! Maybe we can get Roughie back in goals? Andy Goram is a free agent? Steve Archibald?

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2014, 01:12 PM

You cant comment on a player you havent seen play for years! Maybe we can get Roughie back in goals? Andy Goram is a free agent? Steve Archibald?

There's the clue you missed. :wink:

Ozyhibby
10-12-2014, 01:13 PM

But you can suggest a trial might be worthwhile given that he is only 31.

southsider
10-12-2014, 01:50 PM
What about Benji ? Or is he still waiting for Real Madrid.

Thecat23
10-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Zemamma or Harris? Mmmm let me think!!

I'd take a half fit Zemamma everyday of the week.

Bishop Hibee
10-12-2014, 02:45 PM
If he could prove his fitness and fit into what Stubbs wanted I'd be more than happy for the return!

People are forgetting that the top flight standard has dropped considerably since he last played here, and we are a tier below that.

Agree. Get him in to train and if he looks good sign him until the end of the season. Sinclair etc. will be going back to their clubs in the window so we'll need players in. As we saw on Saturday, our squad is poor beyond the first XI.

brog
10-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Agree. Get him in to train and if he looks good sign him until the end of the season. Sinclair etc. will be going back to their clubs in the window so we'll need players in. As we saw on Saturday, our squad is poor beyond the first XI.

I don't think there will be any etc! If the parent clubs agree, & I believe they will, then Oxley, McGeouch & Kennedy will be here until end of season. I wouldn't completely rule Sinclair out either.

Iain G
10-12-2014, 03:07 PM

Are we still at Easter Road?!? ;-)

IWasThere2016
10-12-2014, 03:12 PM

This.

Andy74
10-12-2014, 03:15 PM

Correct! One of the few players in my Hibs supporting life worth paying in to watch.

Thecat23
10-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Correct! One of the few players in my Hibs supporting life worth paying in to watch.

He really was, he could change a game. We don't have that bit of magic just now. I'd like to see him back and would improve the team IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
10-12-2014, 03:20 PM

Aye - you are a very unfortunate age Andy.

First Hibs X1 I saw included Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Blackley, Edwards, O'Rourke, Gordon, Cropley, Duncan etc.. :cb

Bobby's Cinema
10-12-2014, 03:24 PM
I disagree. He was very inconsistent and if we did sign him he'd need to put in a lot more effort than I remember him doing last time around.

The quality's there, I agree, but he didn't show it half enough to justify a second chance.

And in view of his inconsistency and lack of effort, I would challenge the notion that he's better than we currently have.

AND I thought Leeann Dempster was the CEO now - not Petrie. He should have gone in the summer. He certainly shouldn't be hanging around getting involved in the signing of players.

You can't go back.
Zemmama or Harris? :wink:

Bobby's Cinema
10-12-2014, 03:25 PM

beat me to it

Andy74
10-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Aye - you are a very unfortunate age Andy.

First Hibs X1 I saw included Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Blackley, Edwards, O'Rourke, Gordon, Cropley, Duncan etc.. :cb

First line up I saw was:

Jim McArthur
Alan Sneddon
Erich Schaedler
Jackie McNamara
Peter Welsh
Ally Brazil
Ralph Callachan
Bobby Thomson
Derek Rodier
Willie Jamieson
Bobby Flavell

Yours might win.

JimBHibees
10-12-2014, 03:37 PM
First line up I saw was:

Jim McArthur
Alan Sneddon
Erich Schaedler
Jackie McNamara
Peter Welsh
Ally Brazil
Ralph Callachan
Bobby Thomson
Derek Rodier
Willie Jamieson
Bobby Flavell

Yours might win.

Yeah but just think of the quality of the hairstyles. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
10-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Imagine Zemamma in the middle with a fit Deek banging in the goals. :drool:

Make it happen, Stubbsie!

Bostonhibby
10-12-2014, 03:59 PM

Pay as you play, who was the last flawed but talented player we did this with and was he a failure? :wink: All about the level of football and the duration of the deal.

To be honest the only part of this that really excited me is if a deal is on WTF has it got to do with the semi retired :wink:, non involved chairman?

Hibbyradge
10-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Pay as you play, who was the last flawed but talented player we did this with and was he a failure? :wink: All about the level of football and the duration of the deal.

To be honest the only part of this that really excited me is if a deal is on WTF has it got to do with the semi retired :wink:, non involved chairman?

I love this forum.

Isn't Pay as you Play the same as a zero hours contract?

The things we expect our players, manager and directors to do for us is, well, er, perfectly reasonable. :wink:

djs69
10-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Part player part coach, he is the type of player who could always make space in the hole( behave, not that) and had a few tricks up his sleeve, we hear of goalkeeping and defensive coaches , maybe a playmaking coach is being recruited?!?!

Bostonhibby
10-12-2014, 04:21 PM
I love this forum.

Isn't Pay as you Play the same as a zero hours contract?

The things we expect our players, manager and directors to do for us is, well, er, perfectly reasonable. :wink:

Aw balls, here's me thinking I was being clever again:wink:

It'll never work

weonlywon6-2
10-12-2014, 04:31 PM
He was probably popping in to say hello to Rodders as he's an out the only person he will know

Hibbyradge
10-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Aw balls, here's me thinking I was being clever again:wink:

It'll never work

Oh, I know all about George Best. I saw every one of his games for Hibs, and the ones he didn't turn up for! :greengrin

George Best signed a play as you pay deal on an extremely high game fee. He would have been picked for every week, if he'd been even semi fit, so that deal probably worked better for him than it did Hibs, in all honesty.

The money also reportedly came direct from Tom Hart's pocket although Hibs recouped some of it through higher attendances.

If Zemamma is looking to put himself in the shop window in order to secure a deal at Hibs or elsewhere, then a pay as you play deal would be an option.

If however, he's fit and has other options, he'd be mad to sign on that basis.

In my opinion, I should add. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
10-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Oh, I know all about George Best. I saw every one of his games for Hibs, and the ones he didn't turn up for! :greengrin

George Best signed a play as you pay deal on an extremely high game fee. He would have been picked for every week, if he'd been even semi fit, so that deal probably worked better for him than it did Hibs, in all honesty.

The money also reportedly came direct from Tom Hart's pocket although Hibs recouped some of it through higher attendances.

If Zemamma is looking to put himself in the shop window in order to secure a deal at Hibs or elsewhere, then a pay as you play deal would be an option.

If however, he's fit and has other options, he'd be mad to sign on that basis.

In my opinion, I should add. :greengrin

Agree every word, I was at the same games as you, enjoyed every minute, including bumping into him in the pub with other fans before an Ayr Utd cup game when he was in the squad that day.

Hart did pay his wages.

If we could get some moments of inspiration and highlight from Zemmama when he did pay if Stubbs wanted him, and zero cost when he didn't play, I'd do it. That said I wouldn't be too upset if this was a load of tom kite.

jacomo
10-12-2014, 04:53 PM
He was probably popping in to say hello to Rodders as he's an out the only person he will know

Why was he in Edinburgh then? Pleasure or business?

Maybe he's opening a restaurant?

Actually, I would frequent a place called Zemmama's... sounds awesome. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
10-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Why was he in Edinburgh then? Pleasure or business?

Maybe he's opening a restaurant?

Actually, I would frequent a place called Zemmama's... sounds awesome. :greengrin

He was minding his own business and got blown here by Zemamma nature ;)

Winston Ingram
10-12-2014, 05:10 PM

He'll no be playing wide these days. We signed him as a no 10 and the JC & Mixu played him wide.

Him or Handling?:hmmm:

Franck Stanton
10-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Agree every word, I was at the same games as you, enjoyed every minute, including bumping into him in the pub with other fans before an Ayr Utd cup game when he was in the squad that day.

Hart did pay his wages.

If we could get some moments of inspiration and highlight from Zemmama when he did pay if Stubbs wanted him, and zero cost when he didn't play, I'd do it. That said I wouldn't be too upset if this was a load of tom kite.

Sorry to be pedantic but this is wrong. Hart didn't pay a penny of Best's wages. The deal was Hart would pay the wage - £2000 - IF he did not increase the gate in any game he appeared [or was supposed to appear] in, The previous seasons attendances used as the yardstick. Remember his home debut v Partick Thistle and 29,000 turned up. Every game Best appeared in added thousands to the gate whilst he played for us.

Hibbyradge
10-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Sorry to be pedantic but this is wrong. Hart didn't pay a penny of Best's wages. The deal was Hart would pay the wage - £2000 - IF he did not increase the gate in any game he appeared [or was supposed to appear] in, The previous seasons attendances used as the yardstick. Remember his home debut v Partick Thistle and 29,000 turned up. Every game Best appeared in added thousands to the gate whilst he played for us.

20000 were at the game v Partick, not 29000.

We would have had around 4k so it was still a significant increase.

Bostonhibby
10-12-2014, 06:15 PM

Not pedantic, you could be right, I was told separately by a shareholder and well respected player who went onto have a decent business career that Hart fronted the wages or Best wouldn't have signed (he wanted cash early on at that time in his career). He was guaranteed the agreed wage every time he played, but not if he didn't.

Who knows what to believe, I believed my sources, always wiling to listen to evidence either way. What he did do is bring us a few memories on the pitch.

weonlywon6-2
10-12-2014, 09:06 PM
and he didn't even play cause he was hung over !!!

eastterrace
10-12-2014, 09:35 PM
and he didn't even play cause he was hung over !!!

he did play in the partick game, it was the cup tie against ayr united on the sunday were he didnt turn up as he got pished with the irish fans who were in town for the rugby international which was on the saturday

Hibbyradge
10-12-2014, 09:43 PM
he did play in the partick game, it was the cup tie against ayr united on the sunday were he didnt turn up as he got pished with the irish fans who were in town for the rugby international which was on the saturday

It was the French Rugby Team not the Irish fans.

Debbie Harry was also with them.

Franck Stanton
11-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Not pedantic, you could be right, I was told separately by a shareholder and well respected player who went onto have a decent business career that Hart fronted the wages or Best wouldn't have signed (he wanted cash early on at that time in his career). He was guaranteed the agreed wage every time he played, but not if he didn't.

Who knows what to believe, I believed my sources, always wiling to listen to evidence either way. What he did do is bring us a few memories on the pitch.

Tom Hart did guarantee to pay the £2000 wage, but only if the attendance had not increased in comparison to the previous years fixture.

As a wee side note, on his Hibs debut V St Mirren, [a], we were getting beat 2-0 with only a few minutes to play and the St Mirren fans started chanting "Ha ha Georgie ha ha" over and over. Seemed to spur the great man on as he picked the ball up [not literally] dribbled forward and scored from around 25 yards, [great goal]. From the kick-off Hibs regained possession and he demanded the ball, again around the half-way line, dribbled past a few players and unleashed another 25 yarder, unfortunately just a wee bit too high . At the final whistle a few seconds later even the St Mirren fans were chanting his name.

snooky
11-12-2014, 05:24 PM
It was the French Rugby Team not the Irish fans.

Debbie Harry was also with them.

:hmmm: Debbie Harry or ER?

Hard call.
(no pun intended).

silverhibee
12-12-2014, 03:28 PM

Up your game eh.

I seen Deek play a few weeks ago for 90 minutes and he was outstanding. :greengrin

3pm
12-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Up your game eh.

I seen Deek play a few weeks ago for 90 minutes and he was outstanding. :greengrin

For who?!

weonlywon6-2
12-12-2014, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=silverhibee;4247093]Up your game eh.

I seen Deek play a few weeks ago for 90 minutes and he was outstanding. N:greengrin[/
at pool,darts ??
need to be more dpecific 😃QUOTE]

Smartie
12-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Up your game eh.

Now we've got the inevitable "Hibs to try again for Griffiths" thread up and running again, at what point to we dig up the equally inevitable "Deek - worth a shout?" thread?

ancient hibee
12-12-2014, 05:03 PM
After the O'Connor's knocking in the goals for Selkirk thread.