View Full Version : Can THEY compare Us to them

Torto7062
09-12-2014, 08:09 PM
A serious question here...

I've had a few jumbo tramps/friends
Claim today that what STF is trying
to do with the bank debt is tantamount
to what they did with their debts.....

I say it's a ridiculous claim anyone disagree?

emerald green
09-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Just have a look at the complete boll**** they are posting on the Sir Tom Farmer debt story in tonight's EEN.

I do not as a rule read that rag, but had a look at some of the comments they've posted because I knew they would, and I wanted to see what they were saying. Even by their standards some of it was just way off the scale. Crazy stuff.

Hibernia&Alba
09-12-2014, 08:17 PM
There's no comparison at all. They shafted everyone via administration, even including charities, and are now flying in the league, as if nothing happened. What is there to compare here?

jacomo
09-12-2014, 08:23 PM
We've paid all our bills. Did they?

Might be mistaken, but I've not seen a long (or even short) list of creditors who have shafted by Hibs... do let us know.

As for the bank debt, the banks lent recklessly, caused a global financial crash, got bailed out by us taxpayers, got a load more cash to play with through QE, and are now prudently clearing some of those debts through negotiated settlements. Hibs may or may not negotiate something similar.

Talking of taxpayers - has Hibs failed to pay any taxes to HMRC? How about Hearts?

Mr White
09-12-2014, 08:24 PM
It doesn't compare to their insolvency event in the slightest. It does however compare to the debt forgiveness amounting to in excess of £10m IIRC that vlad engineered around 2009 that was both roundly applauded by the 400000 at the time and swept under the carpet since.

Edit- Actually, until the details of this are announced it doesn't really compare to anything. For all anyone knows its STF taking a financial hit not the bank.

Spike Mandela
If they agreed debt forgiveness with every single creditor maybe, rather than shafting them all and leaving it in the hands of court appointed administrators to tell them they were getting nowt.

Vlad's 2 (or was it 3) debt for equity deals vastly overshadow any debt forgiveness Hibs may acheive, never mind the £28m + they shafted others with.

Talking of Vlad what ever happened to that crook?

Ozyhibby
I very much doubt it.
We are helping out our local bank which has fallen on hard times by giving them some much needed cash in return for a discount on some loans. This should help protect employment in the area.
They are a bunch of Poppy thieving B******s.

Kato
09-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Hibs seem to be on the verge of reaching an agreement with a creditor.

Hearts failure to pay their creditors was imposed upon said creditors by a civil court.

Agreed / imposition - can't see the similarity there.

Swedish hibee
09-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Hibs fans pay for their poppies. Infact they pay their charity's and don't cheat them.

SunshineOnLeith
09-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Is the OP a haiku?

Aldo
09-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Funny had a feeling the bitterness and seethe didn't take long from the robbing charities brigade.

Big difference being we have an owner who actually HAS money unlike Mad Vlad who didn't have any (well he did when he did a bunk).

Let them say what they want. We've paid our bills and will continue to do so.

If STF decides he wants to take on the debt ;and then pay it off) then so be it. That's his decision.
That will then be between STF and the bank.

tamig
09-12-2014, 09:09 PM
I really don't know why anybody could be bothered about what they think. I couldn't care less. We all know what they did.

EastCalderHibby
09-12-2014, 09:13 PM
there is nothing to compare us to that absolutely disgusting club what i would like to know is if any of you guests out their could inform me as to were the FAMOUS comes into the famous hearts ****
We know you're famous for lots of stuff . but cant think of anything football related :yw:

lord bunberry
09-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Until we have a bogus share issue we can't be considered anything near the same as them. What happened to those certificates anyway?

Stevie Reid
09-12-2014, 09:26 PM
We had a huge amount of debt, £17M, in 2003 - we made severe cut backs before managing to trade our way out of it with the sale of players and the car park.

As far as I am aware our current debt is mainly mortgages and arranged loans with an agreed repayment schedule that we have always stuck to. If we come to some arrangement now it will be something that the bank is amenable to, obviously - and no one will be getting shafted.

After Mercer decided to stop spending big on Hearts, their support didn't like it and Robinson came in, and managed to build up £20M worth of debt - after he made serious cutbacks and developed a plan to sell Tynie to clear their debts, their fans didn't like it and Romanov came in.

Despite record revenue and some large transfer fees coming in, their debt went up, and up, and up - all the time it was abundantly clear that it would eventually go tits up, and their creditors would never, ever get their money. Their players regularly didn't get paid on time, at one point they went several months without paying them - it didn't stop them from signing players at the expense of opposition teams though - including Beattie and Skacel, who played a huge part in their Scottish Cup win in 2012. Both players were signed one month and not paid their salary the next.

Eventually, after several claims that Hearts were becoming self sufficient, HMRC moved to wind them up after yet another massive tax bill went unpaid - the panic measure share issue, that involved no shares, raised a substantial amount of money to keep them afloat for a while, with HMRC agreeing to a payment schedule (that they ultimately didn't stick to) before they eventually went into administration in the summer of 2013.

This of course culminated in that massive list of creditors, including charities and junior football clubs, being completed and utterly shafted by a crooked club devoid of any morals or class.

So yes, the two situations are absolutely identical, obviously.

Aldo
09-12-2014, 09:32 PM
We had a huge amount of debt, £17M, in 2003 - we made severe cut backs before managing to trade our way out of it with the sale of players and the car park. As far as I am aware our current debt is mainly mortgages and arranged loans with an agreed repayment schedule that we have always stuck to. If we come to some arrangement now it will be something that the bank is amenable to, obviously - and no one will be getting shafted. After Mercer decided to stop spending big on Hearts, their support didn't like it and Robinson came in, and managed to build up £20M worth of debt - after he made serious cutbacks and developed a plan to sell Tynie to clear their debts, their fans didn't like it and Romanov came in. Despite record revenue and some large transfer fees coming in, their debt went up, and up, and up - all the time it was abundantly clear that it would eventually go tits up, and their creditors would never, ever get their money. Their players regularly didn't get paid on time, at one point they went several months without paying them - it didn't stop them from signing players at the expense of opposition teams though - including Beattie and Skacel, who played a huge part in their Scottish Cup win in 2012. Both players were signed one month and not paid their salary the next. Eventually, after several claims that Hearts were becoming self sufficient, HMRC moved to wind them up after yet another massive tax bill went unpaid - the panic measure share issue, that involved no shares, raised a substantial amount of money to keep them afloat for a while, with HMRC agreeing to a payment schedule (that they ultimately didn't stick to) before they eventually went into administration in the summer of 2013. This of course culminated in that massive list of creditors, including charities and junior football clubs, being completed and utterly shafted by a crooked club devoid of any morals or class. So yes, the two situations are absolutely identical, obviously.

Well said Stevie.

Let's face it though they still won't see it even if it is right in front of them in black and white.

Pretty Boy
09-12-2014, 09:38 PM
No. Incomparable.

Simple as that really.

Torto7062
09-12-2014, 09:39 PM
We had a huge amount of debt, £17M, in 2003 - we made severe cut backs before managing to trade our way out of it with the sale of players and the car park.

As far as I am aware our current debt is mainly mortgages and arranged loans with an agreed repayment schedule that we have always stuck to. If we come to some arrangement now it will be something that the bank is amenable to, obviously - and no one will be getting shafted.

After Mercer decided to stop spending big on Hearts, their support didn't like it and Robinson came in, and managed to build up £20M worth of debt - after he made serious cutbacks and developed a plan to sell Tynie to clear their debts, their fans didn't like it and Romanov came in.

Despite record revenue and some large transfer fees coming in, their debt went up, and up, and up - all the time it was abundantly clear that it would eventually go tits up, and their creditors would never, ever get their money. Their players regularly didn't get paid on time, at one point they went several months without paying them - it didn't stop them from signing players at the expense of opposition teams though - including Beattie and Skacel, who played a huge part in their Scottish Cup win in 2012. Both players were signed one month and not paid their salary the next.

Eventually, after several claims that Hearts were becoming self sufficient, HMRC moved to wind them up after yet another massive tax bill went unpaid - the panic measure share issue, that involved no shares, raised a substantial amount of money to keep them afloat for a while, with HMRC agreeing to a payment schedule (that they ultimately didn't stick to) before they eventually went into administration in the summer of 2013.

This of course culminated in that massive list of creditors, including charities and junior football clubs, being completed and utterly shafted by a crooked club devoid of any morals or class.

Thought as much.

deluded puddle drinkers will think otherwise

stoneyburn hibs
09-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Even taking the green tinted specs off, huckin no chance. No comparison between us and the charity thieves.

Hibernia&Alba
09-12-2014, 09:48 PM

Yes, good post which covers it.

Chibs
09-12-2014, 10:02 PM

In one word NO.

WeeRussell
09-12-2014, 10:19 PM
I very much doubt it.
We are helping out our local bank which has fallen on hard times by giving them some much needed cash in return for a discount on some loans. This should help protect employment in the area.
They are a bunch of Poppy thieving B******s.

I don't think you and I have agreed on an awful lot on here, to date. However, may I be the first to say :aok::top marksin this instance.

CraigHibee
09-12-2014, 10:23 PM

not quite the same, tom is paying a substantial chunk, the only thing they thieves done was BUMP a substantial chuck of debt, mutants

NAE NOOKIE
09-12-2014, 10:25 PM
You can guarantee that the situations are utterly different. If they were not, never mind the Yam fans who lets face it can be totally ignored, we would probably have their club who as we all know are now the benchmark for ethical football administration commenting about 'some clubs' not playing fair.

GreenLake
09-12-2014, 10:27 PM
When it comes to cheating on finances, we will forever be in their shadow.

IWasThere2016
09-12-2014, 10:28 PM
They're twats. That is all.

Kato
09-12-2014, 10:29 PM
They're twats. That is all.

Every discussion about them seems to come around to this fact sooner or later.

Sir David Gray
09-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Hearts were effectively trading whilst insolvent up until the summer.

Any comparison they try to make with us is nonsense.

Pete
09-12-2014, 11:06 PM
They're seething.

Nando™
09-12-2014, 11:13 PM
They are DESPERATE for Hibs to do anything even remotely similar to the s**mbaggery of their club.

We haven't, we aren't, yet they are trying to convince us and themselves that we are.

They know they are **** and it's eating them up inside.

hibs0666
09-12-2014, 11:38 PM

No comparison whatsoever. We are giving the taxpayer a return it didn't expect, They raped the system.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-12-2014, 11:39 PM
I honestly don't think the situations could be any more different. Any Hearts fan that even tries to compare them is beyond help

basehibby
09-12-2014, 11:45 PM
It doesn't compare to their insolvency event in the slightest. It does however compare to the debt forgiveness amounting to in excess of £10m IIRC that vlad engineered around 2009 that was both roundly applauded by the 400000 at the time and swept under the carpet since.

Edit- Actually, until the details of this are announced it doesn't really compare to anything. For all anyone knows its STF taking a financial hit not the bank.

It doesn't really - Vlad "forgave" £10M of debt to the Yams with a load of cash that wasn't even his - or if it was, was likely the proceeds of laundering dirty money from the likes of Arkan - proceeds from gun running, white slave trade - that sort of thing. They are a club mired in slime and it's reprehensible that any of their obviously more backward supporters should even attempt to compare themselves to an honestly run club like Hibs.

Thecat23
10-12-2014, 07:25 AM
Just had a look over on kickback, the anger is oozing out of just about everyone of them. Trying to compare what we are doing is what they done! You couldn't make this up.

They know all of Scottish football knows they cheated. They post their wee smug gifs to hide behind the embarrassment of knowing the club has no shame. In my work are Utd fans and Dons fans and they can't stand Hearts because of the fans. Arrogant fuds! Anyway, GET IT RIGHT UP YOUS!

Thecat23
10-12-2014, 07:29 AM
Here is a quote from queensferryjambo, the last paragraph had me in fits! No mention of his own team!!!!

"Can we please change the name of this thread to 'Losers cannot pay their debts' ? The title at the moment sounds like they are about to pay them.

Joking aside the one thing that does bug me is Tom Farmer has a personal fortune or £130 million, doesn't want to pay HIS clubs debt so will write it off with the bank then will sell H1b5 and make himself a couple of million (ish?)

If this was a Tory MP doing the same thing the Press would go into meltdown. Suppose that is why rich guys get richer.

I have said it before on here and will say it again the only teams finances I care less about is Heart of Midlothian.

Scottish football needs to get out of the rut it has gotten itself into and if H1b5, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc have to cut deals and not pay their debts in full then so be it."

Hibbyradge
10-12-2014, 07:40 AM
Here is a quote from queensferryjambo the last paragraph had me in fits! No mention of his own team!!!!

"Can we please change the name of this thread to 'Losers cannot pay their debts' ? The title at the moment sounds like they are about to pay them.

Joking aside the one thing that does bug me is Tom Farmer has a personal fortune or £130 million, doesn't want to pay HIS clubs debt so will write it off with the bank then will sell H1b5 and make himself a couple of million (ish?)

If this was a Tory MP doing the same thing the Press would go into meltdown. Suppose that is why rich guys get richer.

I have said it before on here and will say it again the only teams finances I care less about is Heart of Midlothian.

Scottish football needs to get out of the rut it has gotten itself into and if H1b5, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc have to cut deals and not pay their debts in full then so be it."

How many debt for non-existent equity swaps did Romanov arrange?

How much were they worth?

Thecat23
10-12-2014, 07:41 AM
How many debt for non-existent equity swaps did Romanov arrange?

How much were they worth?

Exactly!!! They really are a bunch of idiots who embarrass themselves at every opportunity [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
10-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Here is a quote from queensferryjambo, the last paragraph had me in fits! No mention of his own team!!!! "Can we please change the name of this thread to 'Losers cannot pay their debts' ? The title at the moment sounds like they are about to pay them. Joking aside the one thing that does bug me is Tom Farmer has a personal fortune or £130 million, doesn't want to pay HIS clubs debt so will write it off with the bank then will sell H1b5 and make himself a couple of million (ish?) If this was a Tory MP doing the same thing the Press would go into meltdown. Suppose that is why rich guys get richer. I have said it before on here and will say it again the only teams finances I care less about is Heart of Midlothian. Scottish football needs to get out of the rut it has gotten itself into and if H1b5, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc have to cut deals and not pay their debts in full then so be it."

Difference being we actually have an owner that has money unlike the mad one.

Very very short memories I think.... Wait who went into administration for not paying their debts... Ah yes the Yams.

Bitter and seething. Good.

Get it roond ye ya bunch of jealous charity robbing (always will be) ignorant clowns.

Funny as like!!

Thecat23
10-12-2014, 07:52 AM
Difference being we actually have an owner that has money unlike the mad one.

Very very short memories I think.... Wait who went into administration for not paying their debts... Ah yes the Yams.

Bitter and seething. Good.

Get it roond ye ya bunch of jealous charity robbing (always will be) ignorant clowns.

Funny as like!!

Spot on Aldo, we are actually paying the bank as well as sorting a deal. No one is losing unlike the companies and charities they shafted!

Kaiser1962
10-12-2014, 08:00 AM
It doesn't really - Vlad "forgave" £10M of debt to the Yams with a load of cash that wasn't even his - or if it was, was likely the proceeds of laundering dirty money from the likes of Arkan - proceeds from gun running, white slave trade - that sort of thing. They are a club mired in slime and it's reprehensible that any of their obviously more backward supporters should even attempt to compare themselves to an honestly run club like Hibs.

He "forgave" £18.7m in three amounts as well as £22m in two DFE swaps which is over and above the near £30m they ended up owing to all and sundry. There were a few invoices in there as well, notably to FC Kaunas, which reduced their overall liabilities but looked decidedly dodgy.

My Yam acquaintance assures me the dfe swaps were "perfectly legitimate transactions" and, therefore, should not be taken into account. Same with the inter co invoices.

The difference is that Hibs are paying everyone and the money that STF will be using is actually his to use and there is no financial risk to anyone bar himself.

Kaiser1962
10-12-2014, 08:05 AM

I really can't see how he will make any money out of his association with Hibs tbh.

FWIW The Times Rich list had Romanov at £200m and Murray at £620m a few short years ago. Farmer looked a poor relation by comparison.

brog
10-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Here's my attempt at a comparison summary.
1. We are attempting to conclude what is, for these times, a routine business deal. It will only be signed off if all parties are in agreement & is seen as a win/win by all concerned. No creditors, small children or animals will be hurt during the making of this deal.
2. Forgetting the murky waters of debt/equity swaps, Hawrts stole the proceeds of a share issue & their principal did likewise with season ticket proceeds. Santa bypassed Gorgie in 2013! They then repeatedly lied about the financial well-being of their club right up until they went into admin. The consequence of admin was that many businesses, small & large & all of us as taxpayers, were shafted for a collective total of circa £30m. Approximately 95% of creditors had effectively no say in the administration settlement.

Apart from the above, the situations are identical!:wink:

EskbankHibby
10-12-2014, 08:29 AM
They know the difference, all the seethe and bravado confirms it.

Only one team in Edinburgh who shafted NHS Lothian/Fife, poppy charity, City of Edinburgh Council, British Red Cross, HMRC and all our friends in the Ambulance service - and it is NOT Hibs.

Jambos trying to position themselves on the moral high ground is like The Rangers fans insisting that are the same team with the same history.

They know.

Hibernia&Alba
10-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Here is a quote from queensferryjambo, the last paragraph had me in fits! No mention of his own team!!!!

Surely a Hibby on a fishing trip?

Northern Hibby
10-12-2014, 12:20 PM
there is nothing to compare us to that absolutely disgusting club what i would like to know is if any of you guests out their could inform me as to were the FAMOUS comes into the famous hearts ****
We know you're famous for lots of stuff . but cant think of anything football related :yw:

How do I get that slap down gif for use outside .net

Geo_1875
10-12-2014, 02:00 PM

I've often wondered that myself and come to the conclusion that it's related to the good footballing sides of the 50's.

Hibs had the Famous Five while they had the Terrible Trio.

They really should be calling themselves the Terrible but stole the Famous from us.

southsider
10-12-2014, 03:36 PM
I've often wondered that myself and come to the conclusion that it's related to the good footballing sides of the 50's.

They really should be calling themselves the Terrible but stole the Famous from us.
Perhaps they should just call them selves "the broken"

brog
10-12-2014, 03:41 PM

Yep, and the Terrible Trio's collective number of caps was the same (6) as that earned by the least capped member of the FF, Willie Ormond! Famous my erchie!

matty_f
10-12-2014, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't try explaining the difference to the Yams, if you do make sure you have pen and paper to draw diagrams, some lego men in case you need to act it out, a helmet (for when you're banging your head against a wall wondering why you've bothered), a 3 year old kid (to re-assure you that they 'get it' and it's not just you), and an infinite amount of patience.

Or do what I do, and avoid the ****s.

emerald green
10-12-2014, 06:38 PM

Good post. Summarises things very well. :top marks

What is it the Yams don't understand? Truth be told, those with half a brain understand all too well what their club did. They simply will not admit it, either out of shear pig-headedness and/or stupidity.

They are now trying to find some way of deflecting their own club's shocking behaviour over many years by claiming "Hibs are cheating". It's almost childlike in a way, were it not so sad.

Kato
10-12-2014, 09:22 PM
What is it the Yams don't understand?

Humanity? Humilty?

Truth be told, those with half a brain understand all too well what their club did. They simply will not admit it, either out of shear pig-headedness and/or stupidity.

They are now trying to find some way of deflecting their own club's shocking behaviour over many years by claiming "Hibs are cheating". It's almost childlike in a way, were it not so sad.

Admitting that their club acted in the most shameful manner is beyond them. Admitting that they did anything wrong at all, while their fans sat back and acted billy-big-baws is beyond the vast majority of them.

Deflecting any wrong doing back onto Hibs suits them very well.

TRC
10-12-2014, 10:56 PM
😅😅

Thecat23
10-12-2014, 11:21 PM
Surely a Hibby on a fishing trip?

Mental eh? Reading it though had me worried that I share a city with this idiot. They really are in a different league when it comes to being deluded. I notice quite a few are reading this thread so "hiya" to all you tramps" oh and it's getting hilarious how you's are now arguing with each other. Or will you lot deny that as well.

ROASTERS!! 😄

Hank Schrader
11-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Mental eh? Reading it though had me worried that I share a city with this idiot. They really are in a different league when it comes to being deluded. I notice quite a few are reading this thread so "hiya" to all you tramps" oh and it's getting hilarious how you's are now arguing with each other. Or will you lot deny that as well.

ROASTERS!! 

I didn't last long reading the comments at the bottom of that article the other day. The amount of single brain celled Jambo morons posting on there is utterly incredible.

One total idiot referred to Hearts as "the famous". Isn't that the most cringeworthy and embarrassing sort of self adulation ever? What are they "famous" for exactly. Can someone explain? :confused:

Thecat23
11-12-2014, 01:20 PM
I didn't last long reading the comments at the bottom of that article the other day. The amount of single brain celled Jambo morons posting on there is utterly incredible.

One total idiot referred to Hearts as "the famous". Isn't that the most cringeworthy and embarrassing sort of self adulation ever? What are they "famous" for exactly. Can someone explain? :confused:

Maybe famous for cheating so many companies out cash in one swoop?! Does make me cringe too though when they call themselves that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
11-12-2014, 01:55 PM

Tax evasion?
Stealing from charities?
Employing perverts?

Surely that's enough justification for such a nickname? :confused:

Hank Schrader
11-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Tax evasion?
Stealing from charities?
Employing perverts?

Surely that's enough justification for such a nickname? :confused:

Maybe they should refer to themselves as "the infamous"? :dunno:

emerald green
11-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Humanity? Humilty?

Admitting that their club acted in the most shameful manner is beyond them. Admitting that they did anything wrong at all, while their fans sat back and acted billy-big-baws is beyond the vast majority of them.

Deflecting any wrong doing back onto Hibs suits them very well.

:agree:

12-12-2014, 03:08 PM
As someone so rightly mentioned above, the tramps seen absolutely desperate to find something hibs have done/are doing that takes some of the shame away from themselves. They know fine well we are doing nothing wrong and that they're the conning, cheating charity robbing ****.

Their shameless cheating will forever live with them. Absolutely vile little club.