PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN SUPPORTS FOODBANK COLLECTION

RSS Bot
09-12-2014, 12:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4994)

Golden Bear
09-12-2014, 12:32 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4994)

And there we have it - panic over.

CropleyWasGod
09-12-2014, 12:34 PM
STF has done a deal with the bank. Speculation over.

Pretty Boy
09-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Well done Hibs for giving this publicity.

Hope it gets a fair few donations.

PatHead
09-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Well done Hibs for giving this publicity.

Hope it gets a fair few donations.

Asked everyone at work to give something which I will take along. Think it is terrible that in this day and age it is required in a supposed "rich" country.

Well done to the guys for organising it.

emerald green
09-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Think it is terrible that in this day and age it is required in a supposed "rich" country.

Well done to the guys for organising it.

:agree: Well done to everyone at HFC - board and all the supporters involved. Lets hope for a big collection.

Hibbibri
09-12-2014, 05:52 PM
I agree with PatHead that it's shocking that we even have to think of doing this on our own shores in this day and age.

Absolutely Well done to the guys and Gals for organising it but why no collection at the West Stand were our more affluent fans enter ?

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2014, 06:36 PM
I agree with PatHead that it's shocking that we even have to think of doing this on our own shores in this day and age.

Absolutely Well done to the guys and Gals for organising it but why no collection at the West Stand were our more affluent fans enter ?

Poor people just don't have the palate for prawns, it would be wasted on them.

snedzuk
09-12-2014, 06:42 PM

As a 'more affluent' fan sitting in the west I see theres a collection point at the ticket office - have also emailed Alloa Athletic to alert them to this initiative and Hibs as well to see if they will provide a point for the (doubtless small amount of) away fans - right - owing to my affluence away to rake out my spare Beluga Caviar....

Swedish hibee
09-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Whilst I applaud Hibs for doing this- I find it so sad that this is needed in the UK in 2014.

Chuck Rhoades
09-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Anyway of getting involved with this in terms of helping collections?

Hibernia&Alba
09-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Whilst I applaud Hibs for doing this- I find it so sad that this is needed in the UK in 2014.

I find it shameful and infuriating. But when you have benefit sanctions leaving people with literally nothing for weeks at a time, falling wages and rising food prices, this is a consequence. This government wants charitable organizations to replace the welfare state. What an indictment of our society.

IanM
09-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Desperately sad that this happens in this day and age. Hibs fans are good when it comes to helping others so I expect this to be successful if not for a better turn of phrase

I know from donating a while back to anither 'foodbank' that there was a desperate need for nappies, doesn't say if they are needed in this but altho it's a foodbank they were needing nappies, toothbrushes etc. wonder of someone could ask?

Hibbibri
09-12-2014, 07:24 PM
As a 'more affluent' fan sitting in the west I see theres a collection point at the ticket office - have also emailed Alloa Athletic to alert them to this initiative and Hibs as well to see if they will provide a point for the (doubtless small amount of) away fans - right - owing to my affluence away to rake out my spare Beluga Caviar....

Fair comment as I should have worded that better as I meant the main reception at the West where all the suits enter and I honestly can't see many of them walking ALL the way to the ticket office and back to the main reception especially if there is bad weather on the day. My point was that there's a collection point at the Famous Five, at the shop, and one at the East so why not one at the Main reception in the West :rolleyes: :wink:

I do toff my hat to you regarding the email sending though :not worth :aok:

- right- I wouldn't bother wasting your time searching for your spare Beluga Caviar as I swapped the contents out with frog spawn last time I did my butler in the buff for your good lady :na na: :cb

emerald green
09-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Huge amounts of food is wasted in this and other affluent countries in the world every single day. That is something that needs to be looked at to see if it's possible to re-distribute to those most in need.

I'm not saying it's the solution to the problem of poverty (here, and elsewhere in the world where it's much much worse) but maybe it would help.

snedzuk
09-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Fair comment as I should have worded that better as I meant the main reception at the West where all the suits enter and I honestly can't see many of them walking ALL the way to the ticket office and back to the main reception especially if there is bad weather on the day. My point was that there's a collection point at the Famous Five, at the shop, and one at the East so why not one at the Main reception in the West :rolleyes: :wink:

I do toff my hat to you regarding the email sending though :not worth :aok:

- right- I wouldn't bother wasting your time searching for your spare Beluga Caviar as I swapped the contents out with frog spawn last time I did my butler in the buff for your good lady :na na: :cb

...that was no lady that was my wife...
:greengrin

Swedish hibee
10-12-2014, 09:16 PM
bump

green&left
11-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Any drop off point around Easter Road tonight or tomorrow AM?

Missing this weekends game.

Cabbage East
11-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Same here, would like to drop off stuff tonight/tomorrow as can't make the game.

oconnors_strip
11-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Any drop off point around Easter Road tonight or tomorrow AM?

Missing this weekends game.

Contact HOH on twitter or Facebook and ask, maybe there is another place or someone's house you can drop items off at

Pretty Boy
11-12-2014, 12:35 PM
I think Holyrood Boxing Club had a collection the other night, lot of the same people involved.

They have 2 gyms, 1 on Gorgie Road and 1 just before Holyrood High School. Might be possible to drop something off there. Worth asking.

EH54
11-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Same here, would like to drop off stuff tonight/tomorrow as can't make the game.

Maybe Hibs would take it off your hands and drop it off on the Saturday?

green&left
12-12-2014, 08:19 AM
Can take it to the ticket office as per the following reply I just received from Colin Millar...

"Hi Scott,

Thanks for your e-mail. Sorry you can’t make the game tomorrow but we’re happy to help take in your donation and pass it on tomorrow. Just hand it in to the ticket office when you’re in for the Raith Rovers game and we will add it to tomorrow’s collection.

Thanks,

Colin"

PatHead
12-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Remember every little helps

over the line
12-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Just remember people, NO RIBENA CARTONS!!! ;)

OsloHibs
12-12-2014, 08:08 PM
I find it shameful and infuriating. But when you have benefit sanctions leaving people with literally nothing for weeks at a time, falling wages and rising food prices, this is a consequence. This government wants charitable organizations to replace the welfare state. What an indictment of our society.

:agree: Well said.

Big_Franck
13-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Great to see the club getting involved with this. Hopefully there's a few of us planning on taking some things along. Below is the list of items that the Foodbank need most, buying a few of them wouldn't break the bank for most of us.

Supporters are asked to donate non-perishable items if they are able to, such as:

Tinned meat/fish
Tinned vegetables
Tinned fruit
Tinned tomatoes
Tea/coffee
Sugar
Soup
Milk (UHT)
Cereals
Rice/Pasta
Pasta Sauces
Jam
Biscuits/Breakfast bars
Toys and domestic items such as washing power/washing up liquid will also be accepted.

whiskyhibby
13-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Just dropped off a couple of bags at the main stand end, already loads of stuff has been donated by charitable Hibbies , well done to everyone who is supporting it [emoji4]

Mr White
13-12-2014, 01:59 PM
That's a pretty impressive amount of food outside the ticket office. Great response :thumbsup:

bigwheel
13-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Fantastic credit to all who contributed ...that is a perfect example of football fans coming together for the community ... I'm not a fan of HoH pseudo political approach around engaging with the club ...but credit to them on this - great effort for those who need some support in these difficult economic times. Well done again !

Pretty Boy
13-12-2014, 04:30 PM
I was genuinely stunned at how much food was there. Looked like hundreds of bags at the ticket office point alone.

Well done to Brad and HOH for organising, Hibs for publicising it and everyone who contributed. Great effort.

lucky
13-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Proud of the Hibs fans for sheer amount of donations but disgusted that food banks are needed in this country

CallumLaidlaw
13-12-2014, 05:45 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/13/e1d72857a20449dc938709bf598b006e.jpg

CraigHibee
13-12-2014, 08:28 PM
i was really happy to see how many bags there were, i'm sure we will get an update as to how much was donated but i saw loads of bags off stuff, i done my good deed for the day and dropped stuff off as well.

well done to everyone that donated :aok:

snooky
13-12-2014, 08:33 PM
i was really happy to see how many bags there were, i'm sure we will get an update as to how much was donated but i saw loads of bags off stuff, i done my good deed for the day and dropped stuff off as well.

I was totally heartened by the generosity of our supporters but at the same time angry that we require food banks in this country, in this day and age.

Jonnyboy
13-12-2014, 09:02 PM
https://twitter.com/Hibernian_FC/status/543868583445790720/photo/1

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2014, 09:09 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/13/e1d72857a20449dc938709bf598b006e.jpg

Hibs class. It's a sad sight that in a western country people have to rely on food parcels. The state should ensure that not a single person goes hungry. Well done to all who gave so generously.

CallumLaidlaw
13-12-2014, 09:11 PM

Apparently filled 3 vans. The amount of stuff was amazing to see. As said Tho, very bittersweet as it really shouldn't be needed

DaveF
13-12-2014, 09:17 PM
A truly fantastic effort from everyone involved.

I bl00dy well forgot about it and felt pretty bad when I saw the bags at the stadium on my way in, but knowing how much has been donated lifts my own personal annoyance a little bit.

Jonnyboy
13-12-2014, 09:20 PM
A truly fantastic effort from everyone involved.

I bl00dy well forgot about it and felt pretty bad when I saw the bags at the stadium on my way in, but knowing how much has been donated lifts my own personal annoyance a little bit.

So did I Dave. Went to the shop on the corner of Albion Road and bought some stuff to leave. (Not meant to make you feel bad, honestly!)

son of haggart
13-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Superb effort by you guys. Horrific that in this day and age a civilised country has to resort to this but all credit to you for your efforts

givescotlandfreedom
15-12-2014, 04:20 AM
Superb effort by you guys. Horrific that in this day and age a civilised country has to resort to this but all credit to you for your efforts

Sadly I don't think we needed to either but sadly those in charge seem to have decided otherwise.