PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Livi in the mess again?

CraigHibee
08-12-2014, 08:04 AM
bbc reporting that livingston might be pushed into administration

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30374173

another points deduction on the cards?

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-12-2014, 08:26 AM
They don't need to worry as they're cheating chums in maroon will be moving in with them soon :agree:

greenginger
08-12-2014, 08:38 AM
They don't need to worry as they're cheating chums in maroon will be moving in with them soon :agree:

Heard anything ? Levien just about bust the Thomson family at Dundee Utd , I wonder if he was told get us back up at any price ?

Sorry, I get it now , Yam lodgers at Almondvale.

Sylar
08-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Christ, what an exhausting club.

jdships
08-12-2014, 09:16 AM
bbc reporting that livingston might be pushed into administration

another points deduction on the cards?

Sadly been one of the worst kept secrets for a while
Word is by end of Feb'y they will be in the " Doo Doo"
:hmmm:

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2014, 12:44 PM
.... for those of you (unlike me) who are missing your fix of administration-related stuff.

JimBHibees
08-12-2014, 12:46 PM
.... for those of you (unlike me) who are missing your fix of administration-related stuff.

Salaries are due to be paid on 25th December. Never heard of anyone apart from Santa :greengrin getting paid on that date.

Weststandwanab
08-12-2014, 03:56 PM

I think that is a distinct possibility and if the soon to be appointed Administrators are looking to sell the stadium Queen Budgie could buy it, move the ****bos there and sell the PBS to get her cash back with a healthy profit.

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2014, 04:00 PM
I think that is a distinct possibility and if the soon to be appointed Administrators are looking to sell the stadium Queen Budgie could buy it, move the ****bos there and sell the PBS to get her cash back with a healthy profit.

Do they own it?

Billy Whizz
08-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Do they own it?

Thought it was council owned?
What will Nixon get if he forces them into admin? What do they own?

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Thought it was council owned?
What will Nixon get if he forces them into admin? What do they own?

That's what I thought.

Not sure they'd have much to sell.

Edit:- Just checked their accounts. They do lease the stadium. At June 13, they had Fixed Assets of about £57k, which is probably cars and equipment.

Not much for him to get his teeth into, TBH.

Bronson
08-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Salaries are due to be paid on 25th December. Never heard of anyone apart from Santa :greengrin getting paid on that date.

Last Thursday of the month, quite a common payday although a lot of employers pay early in December.

Billy Whizz
08-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Who actually owns Livvi now?

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Who actually owns Livvi now?

The parent company is Livingston 5 Limited.

I'll try and dig out their accounts later.

Bronson
08-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Most of their fans have given up hope from what I understand. Pretty much a case of 'last one out remember and turn off the lights', or at least that's how my mate called it. Really is a shame, hate seeing clubs go to the wall (der hun aside, that was enjoyable).

IWasThere2016
08-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Hopefully they lock the doors and launch the keys this time..

alexedwards
08-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Do they own it?
Council owned stadium, effectively Neil Rankine owns club.

Sylar
08-12-2014, 06:01 PM

:agree:

If only they did that to all clubs who are serial offenders, eh?

Jay
08-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Spare a thought for those with jobs there when your wanting it closed permanently. Jobs ain't easy to come by and some of these people have worked there for years.

Bronson
08-12-2014, 06:55 PM

What a bitter attitude to have, you must have a real chip on your shoulder.

The last thing Scottish football needs is more clubs going to the wall, Rangers is self inflicted since they clearly never learned their lesson first time round, but Livi have just been trying to make ends meet for the last decade. Cracking youth policy and a real community club, good facilities that will go to waste, I'll be very disappointed if they're forced to call it a day.

CraigHibee
08-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Spare a thought for those with jobs there when your wanting it closed permanently. Jobs ain't easy to come by and some of these people have worked there for years.

definitely, theres loads of jobs lost when this sort of thing happens, wouldn't wish that for anyone especially this time of year

Pinkie
08-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Maybe a bit distasteful of me to introduce this, given that jobs are probably on the line, but can anyone tell me what happens to points amassed by other clubs is Livvi go bust during the season?

My recollection from the chat over the anticipated demise of our Pink pals last season was that any points gained against the bust club by other teams would be wiped. Then again, I can barely remember what route I drove to work this morning, so I'm not too confident that my memory is going to be correct on this one.

I raise this because while we have gained a full six points so far from Livingston this season, other sides, including (I think) QOS, Falkirk and Raith have not. So wiping the points from the league table would see our position drop in relation to these teams.

Or do I also recall that there is a rule somewhere in there that basically says "the SPFL board can take any decision is sees fit in any given circumstances"; the 'Sevco clause', if you will...

silverhibee
08-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Maybe a bit distasteful of me to introduce this, given that jobs are probably on the line, but can anyone tell me what happens to points amassed by other clubs is Livvi go bust during the season?

My recollection from the chat over the anticipated demise of our Pink pals last season was that any points gained against the bust club by other teams would be wiped. Then again, I can barely remember what route I drove to work this morning, so I'm not too confident that my memory is going to be correct on this one.

I raise this because while we have gained a full six points so far from Livingston this season, other sides, including (I think) QOS, Falkirk and Raith have not. So wiping the points from the league table would see our position drop in relation to these teams.

Or do I also recall that there is a rule somewhere in there that basically says "the SPFL board can take any decision is sees fit in any given circumstances"; the 'Sevco clause', if you will...

I was just about to bring this up, we would lose 6 points and that could be a disaster for us as other teams around us haven't all beat Livi.

Would this happen if Livi can't see out the season.?

Hibernia&Alba
08-12-2014, 11:24 PM
I feel for the fans. They've been kicked from pillar to post for years, and it's unsurprising so many have chucked it.

Turkish Green
08-12-2014, 11:48 PM
Apart from Celtic, every club in Scotland is feeling the financial downturn. Some clubs are in a better position than others to cope but all are seeing their incomes reduced due to the fall in attendances.

Hibs are in no better a situation and I expect our accounts, when published, will be sorry reading. And with low attendances and the likelihood of another season in the Championship, things are not going to improve. Now is not a time for clubs to carry debts.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-12-2014, 08:52 AM

That was exactly what I was thinking and talking to a yam shareholder on Saturday night he said the same thing, lots of worried whispers around the pig slop bucket arena, there is no way the cheats can pay her back and flogging the ****hole is the only option, she's no daft!, also heard this from a friend of a West Lothian Councillor a while back that the yams were "making inquiries" with WLDC.

Time will tell.

CropleyWasGod
09-12-2014, 08:59 AM
That was exactly what I was thinking and talking to a yam shareholder on Saturday night he said the same thing, lots of worried whispers around the pig slop bucket arena, there is no way the cheats can pay her back and flogging the ****hole is the only option, she's no daft!, also heard this from a friend of a West Lothian Councillor a while back that the yams were "making inquiries" with WLDC.

Time will tell.

It's not the administrator's, or the club's, to sell.

However, WLC might decide they would make more by selling it to HMFC than to, say, (s******) Cala.

Sylar
09-12-2014, 09:08 AM

However, WLC might decide they would make more by selling it to HMFC than to, say, (s******) Cala.

Do the Council definitely own the stadium? I was under the impression that the club owned the building but the Council owned the land and the club leased that off of them.

Building the stadium up to previous SPL requirements of 10k seats was one of the reasons they got into bother the first time around, as there's no way a Council could be involved in footing the bill for that kind of upgrade.

I really wish the SPFL/SFA had undertaken an investigation into Livi a long while ago - they've been abused by a string of shysters looking to make a quick buck and pass it along to the next idiot willing to buy their problems over.

The story from the Dominic Keane era sums up a lot of the behind the scenes problems - followed by up Pearse Flynn and his corrupt running of the club and then topped off by Angelo Massone, who should be in a jail somewhere right now! The original Craig Whyte.

Billy Whizz
09-12-2014, 09:11 AM

How wI'll you get 400,000 Hearts supporters into a 10,000 seater stadium?

CropleyWasGod
09-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Do the Council definitely own the stadium? I was under the impression that the club owned the building but the Council owned the land and the club leased that off of them.

According to the 2013 accounts, the club lease the stadium. There's no mention of them owning land.

Eyrie
09-12-2014, 07:25 PM
How wI'll you get 400,000 Hearts supporters into a 10,000 seater stadium?

Disguise them as empty seats. It works at the PBS.