PDA

View Full Version : Annual accounts

Stoney Hibee
07-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know where they and likely to be issued?

Normally we would have a manager sacked swiftly followed by AGM by now!!

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Does anyone know where they and likely to be issued?

Normally we would have a manager sacked swiftly followed by AGM by now!!

They're locked in Rod's desk drawer.

He refuses to hand over the key until the nasty men on Hibs.net stop calling him names.

Alternatively, they will be sent out with the AGM Notice. Given the 14-day period required, time is running out for it to be this year.

Ozyhibby
07-12-2014, 08:46 PM
When Rod was in charge the accounts were always on time.
;-)

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2014, 08:50 PM
;-)

Yup.

Think you should start a new group. Hands Off Rod.

Ozyhibby
07-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Yup.

Think you should start a new group. Hands Off Rod.

:-)
It's lonely enough backing BuyHibs

Eric
07-12-2014, 10:17 PM
They're locked in Rod's desk drawer.

He refuses to hand over the key until the nasty men on Hibs.net stop calling him names.

Alternatively, they will be sent out with the AGM Notice. Given the 14-day period required, time is running out for it to be this year.

A 21-day notice is required if an AGM is being held and LD has already referred to it as forthcoming so it now looks like early 2015 at the soonest.

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2014, 10:22 PM
A 21-day notice is required if an AGM is being held and LD has already referred to it as forthcoming so it now looks like early 2015 at the soonest.

Hibs are a private company, so it's 14 days.

Eric
07-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Hibs are a private company, so it's 14 days.

In previous years, as far as I can remember, the notice calling the AGM together with the accounts has been sent out on a Monday and the AGM has been on the Tuesday 3 weeks later thus giving 21 days notice. But we shall see:wink:

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2014, 11:26 PM
In previous years, as far as I can remember, the notice calling the AGM together with the accounts has been sent out on a Monday and the AGM has been on the Tuesday 3 weeks later thus giving 21 days notice. But we shall see:wink:

They might give 21 days, but they don't need to.

It's also often the case that a company will send out their notices in such a way as to ensure that everyone has them in their hands 14 days before the meeting.

R11Loaded
08-12-2014, 01:10 AM
Do they even need to release accounts every year? I reckon they won't if it's not a pretty picture

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Peevemor
08-12-2014, 01:29 AM
Do they even need to release accounts every year? I reckon they won't if it's not a pretty picture

Yes.

R11Loaded
08-12-2014, 01:29 AM
Yes.

Is it within a certain time since the previous one?

Peevemor
08-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Is it within a certain time since the previous one?

Yes. It's within 9 months of your last financial year end or something like that.

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2014, 07:39 AM
Shareholders are entitled to get a copy of the accounts when they are ready.

The public can get a copy of them when they are lodged with Companies House. This should be no later than 9 months after the year end. In our case, that's 30 April.

In practice, although it's not required by law, we put our accounts into the public domain with the AGM notice.

Billy Whizz
08-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Shareholders are entitled to get a copy of the accounts when they are ready.

The public can get a copy of them when they are lodged with Companies House. This should be no later than 9 months after the year end. In our case, that's 30 April.

In practice, although it's not required by law, we put our accounts into the public domain with the AGM notice.

Crops, thread on kickback re this. They reckon we've agreed some sort of deal with the bank to write off some debt?
Not sure how they'd know though

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Crops, thread on kickback re this. They reckon we've agreed some sort of deal with the bank to write off some debt?

Cheers.

I'd ask for a link, but it's a nice day and I don't want to spoil my lunch :greengrin

Actually, sod it, my nose is bothering me..... I'm away for a look.

Billy Whizz
08-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Cheers.

I'd ask for a link, but it's a nice day and I don't want to spoil my lunch :greengrin

Actually, sod it, my nose is bothering me..... I'm away for a look.

Let me know what you think........

Kato
08-12-2014, 12:43 PM

Believeing their own myths/

Billy Whizz
08-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Believeing their own myths/

They certainly know how to shed debt though!

greenpaper55
08-12-2014, 12:47 PM
The yams up in arms that it might be true that the bank would write off some of the debt-talk about a brass neck !.

Turkish Green
08-12-2014, 12:47 PM
;-)
They always said that under Mussolini the trains always ran on time and look what happened to him.

Maybe Rod is waiting for another Hibs win before he releases.

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Let me know what you think........

Had a quick look.

As far as I can see, it's based on one guy hearing a rumour. It then goes on to the same type of argument that's been had over here. "Why would the bank write off debt?" vs "they did it for others".

Not sure it's much to get excited about, TBH. Nice thought, though.

Turkish Green
08-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Unless Petrie is a closet yam, I'd say that anything on Keekback is just hopeful speculation. Let's wait until the accounts are posted before biting at their ruse.