PDA

View Full Version : Now What

happiehibbie
07-12-2014, 10:57 AM
So we drop further behind the pack and I did believe that we could have sneaked up and won the league, that has now disappeared I do believe we will get a play off spot but wonder if we have the game plan to win so many games. I expect a few players to be moved on in January I hope Stubbs can get some tactics right as some of his team choices and set up have been poor Thankfully we are at home next week but we can not keep dropping point after point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
07-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Just accept now that we are set for another season in this league paying premier league prices for the privilege. Not that the board give a .

H18S NX
07-12-2014, 12:27 PM
I fully expected to be in this division next season and see no reason to change my mind

gegs70
08-12-2014, 08:08 AM
We really don't have the quality throughout the squad and injuries to key players plus suspension really shows that!

mutley
08-12-2014, 08:17 AM
Just accept now that we are set for another season in this league paying premier league prices for the privilege. Not that the board give a .

I certainly won't be paying those prices next season. I renewed before the thoughts of relegation were that real, and I put p with the " no refunds as we need toht money to rebuild" theory that never happened.

If (and I am still in the hope-to-win-the-play-off-and-gain-promotion camp) for some reason we are still in the chamionship next season I won't be renewing unless there are significant price reductions. There has been absolutely no benefit of having a ST this season

flash
08-12-2014, 08:17 AM

No they will be delighted if we stay down.

Thecat23
08-12-2014, 08:25 AM
I think many on here myself included, were happy to pay the money for a season ticket thinking it will help us get out so worth it for a season. Now looks like we won't go up by being first and play offs are a lottery so if we stay down again and they come out with the same line "help us build for promotion" they can **** right off. We done our part time they done theirs.

Billy Whizz
08-12-2014, 08:31 AM
Going to cost us around £350,000 or so in lost gate receipts, if Hearts and Rangers go up. Need to sell a lot of season tickets to make up that sort of shortfall

#FromTheCapital
08-12-2014, 08:40 AM
I just hope we get the playoff spot - 2nd would be ideal, although perhaps unlikely. If we're down here again next season then the prices will come down, this season is understandable due to the circumstances in which we were relegated. But we can't keep pretending we're a premier league team when we're not. My main concern there is that lower prices might not make such a huge difference to the number of season tickets sold. The fans have a huge range of objections to choose from these days and price is just one of them.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-12-2014, 08:44 AM
I hate to say this but, I'm really starting to fear for us in the short term future, still cannae quite manage to get my head around being relegated from a League devoid of The Rangers and Hearts finishing bottom.

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2014, 08:52 AM

Why would they be?

JimBHibees
08-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Why would they be?

I read that as sarcasm. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2014, 09:12 AM
I read that as sarcasm. :greengrin

I hoped it was, too....:greengrin

Ozyhibby
08-12-2014, 09:30 AM
It clearly was but the board at Hibs are a complete disgrace. For not one of them to resign after what has happened/is happening is unbelievable.

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2014, 09:40 AM
It clearly was but the board at Hibs are a complete disgrace. For not one of them to resign after what has happened/is happening is unbelievable.

How many resigned in 1980 and 1998? Just so we can see how far the club has slipped.

Hermit Crab
08-12-2014, 09:42 AM

No they won't. If we stay down they've got big decisions to make. They have to significantly lower the prices of tickets and how are they going to fund transfers if nobody is going to games?

GreenOnions
08-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Going to cost us around £350,000 or so in lost gate receipts, if Hearts and Rangers go up. Need to sell a lot of season tickets to make up that sort of shortfall

I know what you're saying but it needs to be considered also that we're not the only one of the three "bigger teams" in this league that has serious problems. I'm not so sure that The Rangers would actually make it to the Premier League if they were in the play-offs. They may get through to play against the 11th placed team but are they certain to win that? I'm not so sure

Islington Hibs
08-12-2014, 09:57 AM
We have around a 18% chance of promotion! We should make 3rd, or 4th, so probable game v QOS in 1st play off. I would say we would be 60/40 to win then v Der Hun I guess 50/50 finally if we win that Ross or St Midden - I would guess the Championship play off winner would be marginal favourites 60- 40 so the maths is 12% chance of going up. If is certainly no better than a 20% chance, and probably less. The Board can work that out too so they will be budgeting for a second season in the Championship without Hearts and 50/50 chance of without Rangers. Media interest, sponsorship and gates will all be down . I would guess we will struggle to average 8000 and they will need to cut prices. So budget cut be 20% for starters?

IF Rangers stay down we would only be favourites for the play off next time so I would say if is 50/50 whether we are down for 2 or 3 seasons. On balance I think 2, but it could very easily be longer.

Some will take it out on Stubbs. That would be shooting the messenger. He has, in my view, got us going in the right direction from a very poor set of cards indeed. We need a new keeper, I think the defence is OK, although prone to stupid mistake, a bit more wide pace and another striker. I don't think we are far, when the entire squad is available from being quite decent.

I do think that Petrie, if he had any honour would resign, but that does not seem to be in the nature of the man.

So What Now- a bloody long way back and hard grind. Have a good day:wink:

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2014, 10:04 AM
I know what you're saying but it needs to be considered also that we're not the only one of the three "bigger teams" in this league that has serious problems. I'm not so sure that The Rangers would actually make it to the Premier League if they were in the play-offs. They may get through to play against the 11th placed team but are they certain to win that? I'm not so sure

I think they would get through, Rangers are not as bad as some folk are making out. Just as we are not as bad either, but while we are not good enough to win this league we are just like the huns quite capable of beating anyone on OUR day.

We beat Ross County away, and drew with Dundee Utd, the huns swept past Kilmarnock the other week 3-0 and were by far the better team.

I think whatever team reaches the play off game be it us or the huns will win it, this is why we need to give us the best chance as possible this season by strengthening as much as humanly possible in January.

It looks likely that the huns will have to go with what they have, but we have a chance to get stronger.

Will we take that chance, that punt, that bit of speculating to accumulate?

Billy Whizz
08-12-2014, 10:23 AM
I think Falkirk will get 4th, so we'll be playing our bogey team in the 1st play off game

#FromTheCapital
08-12-2014, 10:24 AM
I think they would get through, Rangers are not as bad as some folk are making out. Just as we are not as bad either, but while we are not good enough to win this league we are just like the huns quite capable of beating anyone on OUR day.

We beat Ross County away, and drew with Dundee Utd, the huns swept past Kilmarnock the other week 3-0 and were by far the better team.

I think whatever team reaches the play off game be it us or the huns will win it, this is why we need to give us the best chance as possible this season by strengthening as much as humanly possible in January.

It looks likely that the huns will have to go with what they have, but we have a chance to get stronger.

Will we take that chance, that punt, that bit of speculating to accumulate?

Agree with that. Whoever gets the shot at playing 11th in the league has a huge chance of going up, just like Hamilton did with us last season. The gap in quality between premier and championship is as small as it's ever been, which probably gives an advantage to the championship team who at least have a bit of momentum going into the fixture.

Let's say the league finished as it is now.... Based on how the season has went this far, I think the toughest game for Hibs would be the 3rd/4th place playoff vs QOS.

Onion
08-12-2014, 10:26 AM

:agree: Reaffirms our suspicions that abject failure is accepted and tolerated at the club. And there are still those who think culture, leadership and winning mentality has nothing to do with the Board :rolleyes:

Steve20
08-12-2014, 10:46 AM
We've played Falkirk twice and Queen of the South twice and not scored a goal in any of those games. Don't fancy our chances in the playoffs.

Down for another year. But we'll be charged Premier League prices for the privilege.

scoopyboy
08-12-2014, 11:20 AM
I certainly won't be paying those prices next season. I renewed before the thoughts of relegation were that real, and I put p with the " no refunds as we need toht money to rebuild" theory that never happened.

If (and I am still in the hope-to-win-the-play-off-and-gain-promotion camp) for some reason we are still in the chamionship next season I won't be renewing unless there are significant price reductions. There has been absolutely no benefit of having a ST this season

Nobody is asking you to pay these prices next season. Basically you are having a rant for no reason.

scoopyboy
08-12-2014, 11:21 AM
We've played Falkirk twice and Queen of the South twice and not scored a goal in any of those games. Don't fancy our chances in the playoffs.

Down for another year. But we'll be charged Premier League prices for the privilege.

When was this announced?

scoopyboy
08-12-2014, 11:21 AM
No they won't. If we stay down they've got big decisions to make. They have to significantly lower the prices of tickets and how are they going to fund transfers if nobody is going to games?

Why will nobody be going to the games?

Hermit Crab
08-12-2014, 11:37 AM

We are barely getting 9k the now for home games. Do you really think we are going to see major crowd increases next season if we are in the same league without Rangers and hearts should they both go up? If anything the crowds will decrease again, especially if prices are not adjusted.

Ozyhibby
08-12-2014, 11:40 AM

A lot less will be going than this year. Just like a lot less are going now compared to previous seasons. As we keep cutting our playing budget to suit, what we are effectively doing is downsizing the club. Not sure at what level they plan to stop.

jacomo
08-12-2014, 12:11 PM
A lot less will be going than this year. Just like a lot less are going now compared to previous seasons. As we keep cutting our playing budget to suit, what we are effectively doing is downsizing the club. Not sure at what level they plan to stop.

:agree:

Maybe there's a model that works on crowds of 3-4,000? Close the East Stand to save money, cheap journeymen and kids, cheap manager. If we break even at that level then with a bit of luck we could put together a push for promotion within the next five years.

I am exaggerating for effect. At least, I hope I am.

scoopyboy
08-12-2014, 12:12 PM
We are barely getting 9k the now for home games. Do you really think we are going to see major crowd increases next season if we are in the same league without Rangers and hearts should they both go up? If anything the crowds will decrease again, especially if prices are not adjusted.

Should Rangers and Hearts go up we will lose a maximum of 15200 fans.

We will have 18 home league matches so an extra 844 fans per game would cancel this out (assuming no away fans take their place).

I reckon a Hibs team playing good football and challenging for the league could make up this shortfall.

scoopyboy
08-12-2014, 12:13 PM

See my reply at #30, same applies.

AndyM_1875
08-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Should Rangers and Hearts go up we will lose a maximum of 15200 fans.

We will have 18 home league matches so an extra 844 fans per game would cancel this out (assuming no away fans take their place).

I reckon a Hibs team playing good football and challenging for the league could make up this shortfall.

If Hibs start well and are blasting teams away then fans will come.
But we will have to start well.

This season is something of a freakshow with Der Hun and the Debt Dodgers there but for Hibs assuming we get stuck here for another season next season will be last chance saloon stuff for Hibs. Failure to go up in 2016 just does not bear thinking about.

Andy74
08-12-2014, 12:41 PM
This thread is like a parody of Hibs.net.

Glory Lurker
08-12-2014, 12:42 PM
This thread is like a parody of Hibs.net.

:agree:

We may well not make it back up, but I don't want to be making plans for that eventuality just now. Hibs torture us enough without us doing it to ourselves, too!

Alfred E Newman
08-12-2014, 08:51 PM
We have around a 18% chance of promotion! We should make 3rd, or 4th, so probable game v QOS in 1st play off. I would say we would be 60/40 to win then v Der Hun I guess 50/50 finally if we win that Ross or St Midden - I would guess the Championship play off winner would be marginal favourites 60- 40 so the maths is 12% chance of going up. If is certainly no better than a 20% chance, and probably less. The Board can work that out too so they will be budgeting for a second season in the Championship without Hearts and 50/50 chance of without Rangers. Media interest, sponsorship and gates will all be down . I would guess we will struggle to average 8000 and they will need to cut prices. So budget cut be 20% for starters?

IF Rangers stay down we would only be favourites for the play off next time so I would say if is 50/50 whether we are down for 2 or 3 seasons. On balance I think 2, but it could very easily be longer.

Some will take it out on Stubbs. That would be shooting the messenger. He has, in my view, got us going in the right direction from a very poor set of cards indeed. We need a new keeper, I think the defence is OK, although prone to stupid mistake, a bit more wide pace and another striker. I don't think we are far, when the entire squad is available from being quite decent.

I do think that Petrie, if he had any honour would resign, but that does not seem to be in the nature of the man.

So What Now- a bloody long way back and hard grind. Have a good day:wink:

Let's just shut the bloody doors.