PDA

View Full Version : Currently on target for around 54 points

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Give or take a point or two, we're currently looking at around the 53/54 points total. What would your reaction have been to that one day one of the season? Mine wouldn't have been very polite. Performances have been better, but we must kick on in the second half of the season and convert more performances into wins, especially at home.

Spike Mandela
06-12-2014, 09:00 PM
No point 'gilding the lily', our points tally is atrocious for the Championship.

Must do better.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Would 54 points have got us a play off place last season?

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Would 54 points have got us a play off place last season?

Qots finished 4th on 55 points, 4 points ahead of 5th place (Dumbarton).

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 09:23 PM

:aok:

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2014, 09:24 PM

Interesting, so right on the borderline. We have to push on second half of the season and get some momentum for the play offs.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Interesting, so right on the borderline. We have to push on second half of the season and get some momentum for the play offs.

I was surprised - I still feel we'll comfortably finish top 4 but if we're only on target for 54 points it could be a real battle to the wire.

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2014, 09:42 PM
I was surprised - I still feel we'll comfortably finish top 4 but if we're only on target for 54 points it could be a real battle to the wire.

I'm confident we'll be in the play offs (famous last words) then it's a matter of form and a bit of luck.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 09:48 PM
We are now in a fight for one of two places left, don't in any circumstances ask Mikey what his prediction is on this. :wink:

Forza Fred
07-12-2014, 12:13 AM
We are now in a fight for one of two places left, don't in any circumstances ask Mikey what his prediction is on this. :wink:

I was confident we would avoid relegation last season, so I'm not going to tempt fate again.

however, I just don't think we have the mental strength to win promotion through a serious of play off scraps I'm afraid, unless three or four fechters are brought in during the January window.

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2014, 09:43 AM
I think we have to accept that we have sunk so low that it's going to be at least two years to repair the damage. At least we've stopped the rot, but we are far from the quality needed to get out of this league.

jacomo
08-12-2014, 10:19 AM
I think we have to accept that we have sunk so low that it's going to be at least two years to repair the damage. At least we've stopped the rot, but we are far from the quality needed to get out of this league.

The problem is that another season in this division will cause more damage. Crowds will drop off, certain key players and others will want out.

Stubbs has shown that it is possible to change the way the team plays in a short space of time. I just don't think the club have backed him enough.

Geo_1875
08-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Probably depends whether we get our best XI on the park week in week out. A couple of decent signings in January and better luck with injuries will see us reach the play-offs and hopefully with enough momentum to get through.

easty
08-12-2014, 10:52 AM
The problem is that another season in this division will cause more damage. Crowds will drop off, certain key players and others will want out.

Stubbs has shown that it is possible to change the way the team plays in a short space of time. I just don't think the club have backed him enough.

In what way haven't the club backed him? I'm not having a go, I'm genuinely interested.

As far as I can see the board backed him fair enough to bring in some decent players in Farid, Allan, Malonga, Fontaine, Gray. What more did he want?

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2014, 11:06 AM

There's what is, and what should be.

I also think that if we are properly prepared for next season, then we can skoosh this league, and expect attendances well into five figures every week.

jacomo
08-12-2014, 12:17 PM
In what way haven't the club backed him? I'm not having a go, I'm genuinely interested.

As far as I can see the board backed him fair enough to bring in some decent players in Farid, Allan, Malonga, Fontaine, Gray. What more did he want?

I don't know what AS would see as priorities, but we are painfully short of cover in defence, have no proper holding midfielder, and injuries have meant we've had only one experienced and in form striker available all season.

For me, the summer was good as far as it went, but we didn't go far enough in terms of rebuilding the squad.

jacomo
08-12-2014, 12:20 PM
There's what is, and what should be.

I also think that if we are properly prepared for next season, then we can skoosh this league, and expect attendances well into five figures every week.

You really think we'll get crowds of 10,000 plus if we're in the Championship next season? At these prices?

I admire your optimism, but I just can't see it.

Also remember that TV money (such as it is) will drop away if we don't go up.

Smartie
08-12-2014, 12:46 PM
You really think we'll get crowds of 10,000 plus if we're in the Championship next season? At these prices?

I admire your optimism, but I just can't see it.

Also remember that TV money (such as it is) will drop away if we don't go up.

I could see us getting big crowds like that but certain things would have to have happened.

You mention the price - prices absolutely 100% would have to be cut. Not necessarily by a lot but it would be a gesture to get the fans back. The board will have lost credibility in the eyes of the fans by promising a tilt at the Championship this year by keeping prices where they are and falling so far short.

I don't think it matters that much what league we're in - if Hibs are playing well and winning games the fans will return. Our crowds have held up ok this year in spite of us being horribly inconsistent and sometimes plain honking. We do seem to be making progress though and I think that most fans recognise that (if not the ones that appear on here at 5pm every Saturday to piss and moan about everything whenever we've dropped points).

We'd need to hang onto our best players but it would be a big ask to get the likes of Scott Allan, Paul Hanlon and Dominique Malonga to hang around the Championship for another year. Although if they went I'd have faith that Stubbs could find suitable replacements.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2014, 01:21 PM
I could see us getting big crowds like that but certain things would have to have happened.

You mention the price - prices absolutely 100% would have to be cut. Not necessarily by a lot but it would be a gesture to get the fans back. The board will have lost credibility in the eyes of the fans by promising a tilt at the Championship this year by keeping prices where they are and falling so far short.

I don't think it matters that much what league we're in - if Hibs are playing well and winning games the fans will return. Our crowds have held up ok this year in spite of us being horribly inconsistent and sometimes plain honking. We do seem to be making progress though and I think that most fans recognise that (if not the ones that appear on here at 5pm every Saturday to piss and moan about everything whenever we've dropped points).

We'd need to hang onto our best players but it would be a big ask to get the likes of Scott Allan, Paul Hanlon and Dominique Malonga to hang around the Championship for another year. Although if they went I'd have faith that Stubbs could find suitable replacements.

Which would mean another rebuilding job, would Stubbs fancy doing this again, on less money could he do it again?

Turkish Green
08-12-2014, 02:03 PM

Last season was a bit away from the norm. Previous years has had the 4th & 5th place teams with under 50 pts.

It could be a lower pts total this season as Hearts & Rangers are firing ahead and the other teams currently in 3rd to 6th places are taking points of each other.

DH1875
08-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Which would mean another rebuilding job, would Stubbs fancy doing this again, on less money could he do it again?

Are we saying that IF we fail to make the playoffs, Stubbs should keep his job :confused:.

Lago
08-12-2014, 05:01 PM
OTEH1875;4244432]Are we saying that IF we fail tobeake the playoffs, Stubbs should keep his job :confused:.[/QUOTE]
Who's to say Stubbs might not want to move on or be offered another job.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Are we saying that IF we fail to make the playoffs, Stubbs should keep his job :confused:.

Not for me, as things stand a play off place is the minimum target his team needs to make.

worcesterhibby
08-12-2014, 06:28 PM
I have to take issue with your logic that we are heading for 54 points. I personally would hope and expect that the form the team has showed in the last 6 games is what we can expect for the rest of the season (note that means no further improvement, which is also possible) In the last 6 games we have picked up 61% of the points available to us. If we carry on with that sort of form (and it's hardly a big ask, hearts have picked up 88% of points available) then we would end up with 65 points by the end of the season, which I would suggest would comfortably put us in the play offs. Even if we drop off a bit and only manage to pick up 55% of points available we will end up with 61 points which again would almost certainly put us well into a play off spot.

With Farid set to return to the team in the new year and the possibility of strengthening the team in january I think it is perfectly fair to suggest that the current modest uplift in form will be continued.

We are currently 19 points away from the only Automatic promotion spot..and while I hope the team are still striving to make up the gap, in truth a play off spot is the best we can hope for and judging by RECENT form we should manage that comfortably.

How we will then do in those play offs is another matter..much will depend on who has the momentum going into them..with Farid back fit and Malonga alongside him..I would hope at least some of that momentum will be with the guys wearing green shirts.

Brightside
08-12-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm hoping we can keep Stubbs for the next three years. I'm also hoping that over those three years we'll see more and better players coming up from the Development Squad.

ancient hibee
08-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Don't understand this idea that some players will not want"to hang around"if we don't get promoted.These are the players that are keeping us here!

Northernhibee
08-12-2014, 06:56 PM

I'd say no matter what we should keep him. He has a track record of bringing youth players through to the first team squad and we really, really need to start producing young talent again. He's started to dig us out but as of the summer we were seriously deep in the **** - it's going to be a long rebuilding process but I think we need stability and he seems the man for the job.

Let's not forget how bad we were at the end of last season - with the quality of play that we had we'd have found ourselves in league one next season if not improved upon.

Broken Gnome
08-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Our form could hardly be worse second half of the season. I'd be amazed if we failed to beat Falkirk and QOS at least once.

Most think Rangers are hopeless and we've got every chance against them.

It's generally accepted St Mirren are also hopeless. We've already beaten Ross Co. Motherwell are beatable.

Why are we so intent on this reluctant two year plan? The second half of the year is about proving we're better than at least seven of the teams in this league. That SHOULD be the case. Form suggests that is optimistic, but we've more potential to hit a run of points than others. Can't deny that.

Alfred E Newman
08-12-2014, 08:44 PM
If you believe a lot of the stuff you read on here we are absolutely garbage. Even so we are currently in the play off places and a couple of points off 3 rd. Surely only a modest improvement in the second half of the season should see us make it quite comfortably.

easty
08-12-2014, 09:24 PM
If you believe a lot of the stuff you read on here we are absolutely garbage. Even so we are currently in the play off places and a couple of points off 3 rd. Surely only a modest improvement in the second half of the season should see us make it quite comfortably.

I'd also say QOTS and Falkirk are garbage, and they're about our level just now.

I'm amazed that anyone Hibs fan happy with us this season, or content with our apparant good form.

Northernhibee
09-12-2014, 07:04 PM
I'd also say QOTS and Falkirk are garbage, and they're about our level just now.

I'm amazed that anyone Hibs fan happy with us this season, or content with our apparant good form.

Both Falkirk and QOTS are very good clubs with some good talent coming through - it's this arrogant view to call them 'garbage' that does us no favours.

Steve20
10-12-2014, 12:23 PM

Our aim should have been to challenge Hearts and Rangers, not just finish 3rd. It's been a poor season results wise and that's what counts when going for promotion.

worcesterhibby
10-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Give or take a point or two, we're currently looking at around the 53/54 points total. What would your reaction have been to that one day one of the season? Mine wouldn't have been very polite. Performances have been better, but we must kick on in the second half of the season and convert more performances into wins, especially at home.

Right since there has been absolutely no response to my post about the fact that the whole premise of this thread is flawed

"I have to take issue with your logic that we are heading for 54 points. I personally would hope and expect that the form the team has showed in the last 6 games is what we can expect for the rest of the season (note that means no further improvement, which is also possible) In the last 6 games we have picked up 61% of the points available to us. If we carry on with that sort of form (and it's hardly a big ask, hearts have picked up 88% of points available) then we would end up with 65 points by the end of the season, which I would suggest would comfortably put us in the play offs. Even if we drop off a bit and only manage to pick up 55% of points available we will end up with 61 points which again would almost certainly put us well into a play off spot."

Can I assume that we all agree the 54 point thing is crap and that we are comfortably heading towards between 60-65 points ?

Hibernia&Alba
11-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Right since there has been absolutely no response to my post about the fact that the whole premise of this thread is flawed

"I have to take issue with your logic that we are heading for 54 points. I personally would hope and expect that the form the team has showed in the last 6 games is what we can expect for the rest of the season (note that means no further improvement, which is also possible) In the last 6 games we have picked up 61% of the points available to us. If we carry on with that sort of form (and it's hardly a big ask, hearts have picked up 88% of points available) then we would end up with 65 points by the end of the season, which I would suggest would comfortably put us in the play offs. Even if we drop off a bit and only manage to pick up 55% of points available we will end up with 61 points which again would almost certainly put us well into a play off spot."

Can I assume that we all agree the 54 point thing is crap and that we are comfortably heading towards between 60-65 points ?

Not with 22 points from 15 games, no.

Ronniekirk
12-12-2014, 07:16 AM

I am sticking to the old football adage ,of one game at a time .Lets just concentrate of winning a home game this weekend ,something we haven't achieved that many times so far .

worcesterhibby
12-12-2014, 07:33 AM
Not with 22 points from 15 games, no.

time will tell

Smartie
12-12-2014, 07:43 AM
I am sticking to the old football adage ,of one game at a time .Lets just concentrate of winning a home game this weekend ,something we haven't achieved that many times so far .

Spot on. Never was the old cliche more appropriate.

Hopefully Stubbs and the lads are doing the same.

easty
12-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Both Falkirk and QOTS are very good clubs with some good talent coming through - it's this arrogant view to call them 'garbage' that does us no favours.

Nah, they're rubbish. They're championship teams, and that's their level. I want Hibs to play at the level they should be playing at, which is SPL. We're not nearly arrogant enough, and that does us no favours.

jacomo
12-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Nah, they're rubbish. They're championship teams, and that's their level. I want Hibs to play at the level they should be playing at, which is SPL. We're not nearly arrogant enough, and that does us no favours.

Love this idea that the top tier is such a cut above this division. As far as I can tell they're both poor.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2014, 08:04 PM
time will tell

Of course, and hopefully we'll get the home form sorted and start picking up points at a faster rate. But right now the return isn't good enough.

seanshow
12-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Unless we kick on big time plus a collapse by der hun,
we could be looking at three home and away ties against Qos,The Rangers and then St midden.

Who fancies our chances to come through that lot?

btw wikipedia calling it how it is. Spfl Championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Scottish_Championship) .....Teams - New club Rangers........ :greengrin

worcesterhibby
21-02-2015, 03:57 PM
I have to take issue with your logic that we are heading for 54 points. I personally would hope and expect that the form the team has showed in the last 6 games is what we can expect for the rest of the season (note that means no further improvement, which is also possible) In the last 6 games we have picked up 61% of the points available to us. If we carry on with that sort of form (and it's hardly a big ask, hearts have picked up 88% of points available) then we would end up with 65 points by the end of the season, which I would suggest would comfortably put us in the play offs.

So we have 11 matches to go and we are now on 46 points…so who thinks we are heading for a final total of 54 points now ? or who thinks we might even surpass my estimation (made in middle of December) of 65 points ?

Personally I think we will take at least 22 points from the rest of the seasons matches meaning will are likely to end up on 68 points and if things go well in the key clashes against Hearts, Rangers and QOS then we may well get above 70 points.

Certainly if we end up on 54 points or less I will happily bathe in the traditional Hibs bath of beans…..all I can say to the original OP and his supporters is…oh ye of little faith.

Spike Mandela
21-02-2015, 04:05 PM
So we have 11 matches to go and we are now on 46 points…so who thinks we are heading for a final total of 54 points now ? or who thinks we might even surpass my estimation (made in middle of December) of 65 points ?

Personally I think we will take at least 22 points from the rest of the seasons matches meaning will are likely to end up on 68 points and if things go well in the key clashes against Hearts, Rangers and QOS then we may well get above 70 points.

Certainly if we end up on 54 points or less I will happily bathe in the traditional Hibs bath of beans…..all I can say to the original OP and his supporters is…oh ye of little faith.

Irrespective of our points tally, current good form and strong squad there is no denying that our atrocious start to the season is the reason we are relying on the playoffs rather than challenging Hearts for automatic promotion.

Jack Hackett
21-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Irrespective of our points tally, current good form and strong squad there is no denying that our atrocious start to the season is the reason we are relying on the playoffs rather than challenging Hearts for automatic promotion.

S**t happens....but at least AS turned up with a bog roll :greengrin

Eyrie
21-02-2015, 04:08 PM

There are two reasons for the gap. The first was the delay in sacking Butcher put us 2-3 weeks further back which was a major factor in that atrocious start. The other sadly is the Yams ability to keep grinding out results whether they have played well or not.

Spike Mandela
21-02-2015, 04:11 PM
There are two reasons for the gap. The first was the delay in sacking Butcher put us 2-3 weeks further back which was a major factor in that atrocious start. The other sadly is the Yams ability to keep grinding out results whether they have played well or not.

:agree: it's a shame for the league but the way we are playing just now if we'd managed to keep ourselves say, within 9 points of Hearts we might just have been able to put a bit of pressure on them as the season comes to an end. They are playing with no pressure at all at the moment.

Dashing Bob S
21-02-2015, 04:12 PM

Always said that before Christmas didn't count as it was transitional.

Keith_M
21-02-2015, 04:14 PM
I have a funny feeling somebody's going to ressurect this thread in about three weeks time, when we pass the 54 point mark.......

......with 8 games still to go :wink:

TheReg!
21-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Suppose it doesn't matter how many points we gather as long as we are above the Huns for the playoffs, but I think we may just be a little short.

Spike Mandela
21-02-2015, 04:19 PM
I have a funny feeling somebody's going to ressurect this thread in about three weeks time, when we pass the 54 point mark.......

To be fair to the OP he never said we would get 54 points he merely pointed out that form till December if continued would result in this points tally.

He stated that results had to improve. They did.

Gerard
21-02-2015, 04:24 PM

In what way do you think the club has not backed Stubbs enough?

--------
21-02-2015, 04:31 PM
I have a funny feeling somebody's going to resurrect this thread in about three weeks time, when we pass the 54 point mark.......

:agree: Oh yes.

We're on 46 points right now, and we still have to Livingston, SEVCO, Hearts, QotS and Alloa at home, and Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Raith, Livingston and Falkirk away.

Eleven games, and we're seven points ahead of QotS and Falkirk, with QotS having a game in hand.

It's entirely irrelevant what the league situation last season was; we just have to keep going one game at a time until it becomes impossible for us to drop below fourth spot.

Hearts did us a favour today, beating Queens. I'd be more interested in comparing our present situation with the situation as it appeared to be developing around the beginning of October. There's been a major improvement in form and results, surely?

worcesterhibby
21-02-2015, 04:45 PM
To be fair to the OP he never said we would get 54 points he merely pointed out that form till December if continued would result in this points tally.

He stated that results had to improve. They did.

To be fair to me..I pointed out at the time of the OP that the results HAD already started to improve and that on our current form (in mid December) we were heading for about 65 points…he was failing to take into account the fact that we were a much better team by Mid December than we were in October. Looks Like I was right.

Phil D. Rolls
21-02-2015, 04:57 PM

:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
21-02-2015, 05:01 PM
:agree: Oh yes.

We're on 46 points right now, and we still have to Livingston, SEVCO, Hearts, QotS and Alloa at home, and Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Raith, Livingston and Falkirk away.

Eleven games, and we're seven points ahead of QotS and Falkirk, with QotS having a game in hand.

It's entirely irrelevant what the league situation last season was; we just have to keep going one game at a time until it becomes impossible for us to drop below fourth spot.

Hearts did us a favour today, beating Queens. I'd be more interested in comparing our present situation with the situation as it appeared to be developing around the beginning of October. There's been a major improvement in form and results, surely?

We are playing to a system and are picking up points we would have dropped six months ago. We are also getting stingy in defence.

hibby6270
21-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Doesn't take a genius to work out that the 6 home draws (so far) this season have been our downfall.

Just say we had won say 5 out of these 6 (including the Hertz game), we'd be on 56 points now, they'd be on 65 and The Rangers as they are now on 44 with their games in hand.

Yeah we'd be a bit pi$$ed at them being ahead of us but at least there would be a bit of hope to possibly catch them up. 9 point gap much better than 20!!

AND we'd be comfortable with the thought that 2nd place was more or less in the bag.

These draws will ultimately bite us in the bum. That said, minimum 3rd place if we continue as we are, should, as a minimum, be pretty certain.

lucky
21-02-2015, 06:27 PM
1 defeat in 23 games and they are 20 points in front. There is no doubt that our draws and their ability to turn draws into victories is reason we are so far behind. I thought at the start of the season we would end up 3rd and in the play offs and that's looking likely. I could handle another season in the championship if we kept the same squad

Sir David Gray
21-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Our form since the end of September has been fantastic.

Since we lost to Queen of the South on 20th September, our form has been;

P-19
W-11
D-7
L-1
F-43
A-14
PTS-40

We've picked up 70% of the available points in that time. There's still been a few more draws in there than I would have liked but we're still not far away from where I would have expected us to be at this time.

I don't think anyone could have foreseen the form Hearts have been in this season and I think that's been the cause of the complaints from our fans, because they're 20 points clear.

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Moving up2
Hibernian (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian)

Moving down3
Rangers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers)

No movement4
Queen of Sth (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queen-of-the-south)

No movement5
Falkirk (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/falkirk)

good to see Malonga creeping up near the top

11 Cummings
(Hibernian)
11 Lyle
(Queen of Sth)
11 Reilly
(Queen of Sth)
10 Keatings
(Hearts)
10 Malonga
(Hibernian)

wookie70
22-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Our form since the end of September has been really good but in that time Hearts have doubled their advantage from 10 to 20 points. Draws, particularly from winning positions, have been our biggest problem. We have pretty much matched Hearts since the Rangers game in December.

Nevi_SOL
22-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Moving up2
Hibernian (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian)

Moving down3
Rangers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers)

No movement4
Queen of Sth (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queen-of-the-south)

No movement5
Falkirk (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/falkirk)

good to see Malonga creeping up near the top

11 Cummings
(Hibernian)
11 Lyle
(Queen of Sth)
11 Reilly
(Queen of Sth)
10 Keatings
(Hearts)
10 Malonga
(Hibernian)

I agree, also think with cummings becoming top goalscorer will spur him on to keep scoring

Speedy
22-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Our form since the end of September has been fantastic.

Since we lost to Queen of the South on 20th September, our form has been;

P-19
W-11
D-7
L-1
F-43
A-14
PTS-40

We've picked up 70% of the available points in that time. There's still been a few more draws in there than I would have liked but we're still not far away from where I would have expected us to be at this time.

I don't think anyone could have foreseen the form Hearts have been in this season and I think that's been the cause of the complaints from our fans, because they're 20 points clear.

I agree with Wookie. That's not fantastic in this division, as you say it's pretty much in line with expectations.

Jack Hackett
14-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Just a wee reminder of how far we've come :greengrin

Andy74
14-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Just a wee reminder of how far we've come :greengrin

Looks like we now have the same points as the 4th placed team got at the end of last season.

Hibernia&Alba
14-03-2015, 06:44 PM
Now on target for around 71 points, according to my reckoning, over the 28 games played . The last three months or so have been sensational. Let's hope the form continues through to the end and then in the play offs.

mutley
15-03-2015, 08:05 AM
I just re read this thread from the start, what a difference from now to then. We have gone from " oh we might scrape a play off place but struggle" to " 2nd is almost guaranteed and positive we will go up this year"

Singing- stubsy..... Stubsy

Keith_M
15-03-2015, 08:31 AM

Well, I'm not often right so it had to happen sometime

:greengrin

Jack Hackett
15-03-2015, 09:24 AM
Well, I'm not often right so it had to happen sometime

:spammy:

The Leith Dutch
15-03-2015, 09:42 AM
And hopefully, if we can tie up a couple like Fyvie and McGeough, then we can have a transfer window that is about improving a decent team rather than a whole sale rebuild.