PDA

View Full Version : We will get it right

jodjam
06-12-2014, 06:13 PM
apologies for not jumping on the hibs bashing. Today did have its up side. Take a minute to look at lewis allan and Scott martins Twitter feeds. They are delighted . They are the future. This season may not be what we all want but like that mob over the city these young lads are getting experience which will help us going forward ggtth

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2014, 06:19 PM
I think we'll make the play offs for sure, which, considering I never considered we could win the division, is the target. Falkirk away is one of the tougher fixtures. A point would have been a good result and we were only denied it at the death. As we all know, we need the home form to improve.

Wheat Hound
06-12-2014, 06:19 PM
apologies for not jumping on the hibs bashing. Today did have its up side. Take a minute to look at lewis allan and Scott martins Twitter feeds. They are delighted . They are the future. This season may not be what we all want but like that mob over the city these young lads are getting experience which will help us going forward ggtth

Like this :)

Turkish Green
06-12-2014, 06:37 PM
They are unbeaten in the league. 19pts ahead of us and with a better GD of 26 goals. I never believed that they would come out of their trap running.

it is unfortunate that so many on here compare how good Hibs are doing against our city rivals. Regardless of the yams results, I am still very confident that we will comfortably make the play-offs and reach the final. By then Stubbs should have them buoyed up against either Well, Buddies or Staggies.

emerald green
06-12-2014, 06:51 PM
They are unbeaten in the league. 19pts ahead of us and with a better GD of 26 goals. I never believed that they would come out of their trap running.

it is unfortunate that so many on here compare how good Hibs are doing against our city rivals. Regardless of the yams results, I am still very confident that we will comfortably make the play-offs and reach the final. By then Stubbs should have them buoyed up against either Well, Buddies or Staggies.

Why is it "unfortunate"? They are our local and greatest rivals, and as much as I absolutely hate to say it, they are walking this garbage league.

It's only natural, surely, to make the comparison, especially if you live in the same city and have to hear all their bragging and p*** taking day in day out.

Fans would also make the comparison no matter who is top of the league we are in. The fact that it happens to be HOMFC just makes things worse.

Would you bet your house that Hibs will win two play-off ties, against say QOS and the newco, and then go on to defeat a team from SPFL? I'm not saying that's impossible, but as far as I'm concerned the jury is currently out on that one. Today was a great opportunity to strengthen our league position, but the truth is Hibs on the day were simply not good enough to take that opportunity. Just my opinion though for what it's worth.

Cod Boy
06-12-2014, 07:07 PM
^^^ well said the above poster. Its a sad time when Hibs fans are happy with quotes saying dont worry we will finish in the top four. It aint good enough for me we should be getting better results than we are in this league.

weonlywon6-2
06-12-2014, 07:10 PM
A lot of our players are out injured plus malonga suspended today,we need to remember this,once we get our players all back we will be better

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2014, 07:12 PM
^^^ well said the above poster. Its a sad time when Hibs fans are happy with quotes saying dont worry we will finish in the top four. It aint good enough for me we should be getting better results than we are in this league.

Ordinarily, certainly, GH. But typical Hibs style, we get ourselves relegated the year both Hearts and Rangers are also in the second tier. I've never thought beyond the play offs this season.

emerald green
06-12-2014, 07:15 PM
A lot of our players are out injured plus malonga suspended today,we need to remember this,once we get our players all back we will be better

That happens to most / every club over the course of a season though.

Carheenlea
06-12-2014, 07:15 PM
It's only natural, surely, to make the comparison, especially if you live in the same city and have to hear all their bragging and p*** taking day in day out.

I learned a long time ago that it was best to as a rule, not to engage with any Hearts supporters.

Ozyhibby
06-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Of course we'll get it right, Rod's got this.

Bronson
06-12-2014, 07:18 PM
That happens to most / every club over the course of a season though.

How many clubs don't see their main 2 strikers play together until february/march? We have been incredibly unfortunate this season.

GlasgowHibee
06-12-2014, 07:25 PM
How many clubs don't see their main 2 strikers play together until february/march? We have been incredibly unfortunate this season.

Well that horrible lot haven't, we as Hibs fans need to stop putting everything down to luck, or, "maybe next time". it's tedious and boring.

Swedish hibee
06-12-2014, 07:30 PM
:aok:

Brightside
06-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Just a shame that the boys will have a couple of poor games and then half this forum will rip them to shreds.

Bronson
06-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Well that horrible lot haven't, we as Hibs fans need to stop putting everything down to luck, or, "maybe next time". it's tedious and boring.

No, what's tedious and boring is the hysteria on this forum when we drop points in this division, even after going on such a good run. We're not unbeatable and it's certainly not our god given right to win every game we play, get over yourself.

Stuarty27
06-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Felt for Lewis Allan when he came on, really difficult game to come onto when the rest of his team mates weren't playing very well.

Tried hard but nothing really came off. Unlucky with his wee chance.

Would of much rather seen him start ahead of the wage thief

GlasgowHibee
06-12-2014, 07:51 PM
No, what's tedious and boring is the hysteria on this forum when we drop points in this division, even after going on such a good run. We're not unbeatable and it's certainly not our god given right to win every game we play, get over yourself.

Yes, our great run that left us 19 points behind the league leaders instead of 10, when the "great" run started. You're the one who needs to get over yourself, we shouldn't be accepting a 3rd/4th place playoff spot in the CHAMPIONSHIP ffs.

We should be challenging for European spots, not losing 1-0 to ****ing Falkirk.

HappyAsHellas
06-12-2014, 07:54 PM
When we win the Scottish we will be in Europe:greengrin

Forza Fred
06-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Forgive me, but the thought that some can be content with being a mid table club in the second tier of what is arguably the poorest period of Scottish Club fitba in history....albeit with the salivating thought of finishing in the top four and making the play offs ....makes me shake my head in wonder.

HappyAsHellas
06-12-2014, 08:05 PM
It's not a matter of being content, it's a matter of being a Hibs fan at this moment in time. The entire club was in a shambles and this has been addressed and things are progressing in a positive manner. It will not happen overnight though and quoting about our past is irrelevant to our current situation. Fergie took 10 years to turn round Man U with all their resources but Stubbs should do it in four months? Really?

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 08:07 PM

Apparently Alloa had 7 men out midweek to beat what i keep hearing is a poor rangers team. The same poor rangers team streatched further away from us today.

This division is all about results, performances come a long way back in 2nd place this season.

Pete
06-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Forgive me, but the thought that some can be content with being a mid table club in the second tier of what is arguably the poorest period of Scottish Club fitba in history....albeit with the salivating thought of finishing in the top four and making the play offs ....makes me shake my head in wonder.

I don't think anyone is content or has even got carried away with our decent run that's just ended. I just find it strange that people are suddenly looking at things in the one context.

Yes, we should be challenging for Europe etc...but what can Stubbs do about that right now? I hope the team behave nothing like some people on this board do after a rare defeat with all the naval gazing and feeling sorry for themselves.

Dalkeith Hibee
06-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Yet again another example of Petries and Dempster failings. Bring in and Stubbs and give him little to work with. He needed serious backing to mount a challenge and they have failed him.

So long as those 2 are involved at Hibs we will achieve nothing so results like today dont surprise me or even upset me anymore.

Time and time again Petrie tells us to back the team, give them our money but what do we ever get back?

emerald green
06-12-2014, 08:26 PM
I learned a long time ago that it was best to as a rule, not to engage with any Hearts supporters.

Totally agree, and that's exactly what I try to do as a rule. But just seeing them poncing around with their smug expressions and overhearing it all just bugs me.

I agree again that Hibs have not had the best of luck with injuries. But that is something a club of our relative size and resources should be better able to cope with than the vast majority of clubs in this league.

No club, not even the top clubs in world football, have a god given right to win every game. Hibs though, are simply not winning enough games to get out of this garbage league and that is what is worrying and disappointing to the the bulk of the club's support (presumably including yourself?). I'm not sure I'd agree with your description of all opinions like that as hysteria.

I can only speak for myself here, and I honestly am not hysterical. Just really disappointed and worried that Hibs are possibly facing at least another season in this crap league. I'm not saying that's going to happen, but what if it does? Getting a play-off place guarantees nothing as I'm sure you will agree.

:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-12-2014, 08:50 PM
We will get it right, but it won't be this season. We have seen some really good stuff but what we are lacking is consistency and squad depth to contend with absences. Where we actually are, and where we would like to be, are two different questions that are not linked.

Eyrie
06-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Yet again another example of Petries and Dempster failings. Bring in and Stubbs and give him little to work with. He needed serious backing to mount a challenge and they have failed him.

So long as those 2 are involved at Hibs we will achieve nothing so results like today dont surprise me or even upset me anymore.

Time and time again Petrie tells us to back the team, give them our money but what do we ever get back?
If Petrie can't provide the financial backing when he has the ear of Farmer, what chance would BuyHibs have? How many people would have doubled their DDs to help us get promotion, and how many would have cancelled in disgust at relegation?

And isn't it a bit early to be writing off Dempster?

sesoim
06-12-2014, 11:13 PM
If we had appointed a manager who knew our squad better when he came in, maybe we would have gotten a better squad together than what we have now. Stubbs took too long to sign players because he wasn't familiar with the squad, and that was time we didn't have.

I just hope Stubbs has a better clue now and does something about it in January, otherwise the second half of the season will be another write off.

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 11:16 PM
If we had appointed a manager who knew our squad better when he came in, maybe we would have gotten a better squad together than what we have now. Stubbs took too long to sign players because he wasn't familiar with the squad, and that was time we didn't have.

I just hope Stubbs has a better clue now and does something about it in January, otherwise the second half of the season will be another write off.

Stubbs had plenty targets when he got the job. Some decided it wasn't for them others didn't arrive due to money constraints.

TheHarpy76
07-12-2014, 03:28 AM

Once again that was down to Petrie and Dempster.
Butcher should have walked straight after the Hamilton debacle but no we waited and waited and then sacked him a couple of weeks later meaning that while our rivals were preparing for the season,we were hunting for a manager.

Pete
07-12-2014, 05:16 AM
Blaming Dempster

Andy74
07-12-2014, 07:17 AM
Here we go again.

We can't change the past, let's not sabotage the present and the future again.

eastcoasthibby
07-12-2014, 08:18 AM
Here we go again.

We can't change the past, let's not sabotage the present and the future again.

and blaming Stubbs and Dempster is ridiculous ... they came to a club that was a disaster zone and the BIGGEST instigator of creating that situation is still sitting in the chairman's seat pulling the strings making the decisions that is where 90% of the blame lies for things taking so long to remedy it.

The quote above is spot on we need to move and look forward, but a key factor and we all know it I think is that Petrie is a hugely NEGATIVE aspect of this club doing that regardless of Stubbs and Dempster's efforts, because Petrie can only see the financial part and will not sanction or support additional spending that we can't afford at the time, he never has looked at the future benefits of spending up front to benefit in the future particularly the near future, player buys and fan respect.

January provides an opportunity for Petrie & his board stooges to provide suitable funds that will reflect a statement of intent, for not only the run in but for the next season, because what is done at this time will significantly influence not only the rest of the season, but also the season tickets sales for next. Hopefully Leanne Dempster can establish the picture with him, that all that is done now promotes the fact that fans will respond positively, if they believe and see that the board and club are promoting it to physically happen on the field and that words are not enough. WE HAVE HAD PETRIE'S WORDS FOR 3-4 YEARS NOW AND HE HAS NOT DELIVERED, FANS WON'T BUY IT AGAIN 7K ST SALES THIS YEARS WILL BE 4-5 K NEXT SEASON, I suggest.

I have no doubt that Stubbs knows what he needs and will already have targets for January ( take the fact we have a keeper in on trial just now does that mean he is convinced by Oxley ? ) the key to January is what funds will he be given in a realistic world, we will watch with interest ! and hope.

Ronniekirk
07-12-2014, 08:32 AM
i accept we have a lot of players out at present and that was why I thought we wouldn't win yesterday .But to think we will get to the end of the season with fully fit squad and no suspensions is not realistic imo especially with the small squad we have
To date foster Hanlon fontaine and gray have all missed games through injury Haven't looked at bookings we are amassing but am sure into next year we will have players who will be one booking away from a suspension and with lack of depth of squad ,and the fact we are still fourth with teams not that far behind us means we wil be in more scrappy games where further bookings are inevitable .
The real Dissapointment for me is that Stanton and Harris are struggling to make an impact , These players were given longer term contracts on assumption they would be key first team players this year .!and it's not working out Stanton has been doing well for under 20s and scoring but got his chance yesterday and looks like didn't impress . that's a concern as there looks a player in there and he is a Hibby . So what's the problem ,is it they are feeling the pressure when they do get there chance .
Cummings still has a lot of developing to do and think too much was being expected of him this season Steve Cowan when commentating on Dumbarton game kept pointing out he was making wrong run ,wrong pass and not being aware of where other players were .But he is younger and we can't expect him to be played week in week out and be consistent at that age and the same will apply to young Lewis .

Yesterday's result puts pressure on us to win at home next game ,and that's something we know we haven't coped with ,so for me this Saturday becomes a Key Must Win Game to break the recent run of drawn games at home .

HH81
07-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Stubbs and Dempster have made mistakes you can not deny that.

Learn from them and we wil get better. Home form is a massive one that needs sorting.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Are Hibs the only club that get injuries? Yesterday i heard the Hibs tv guys blame our display in part on Malonga's stupidity last week in getting sent off.

Are we the only club who have suspensions too? As i said before, there's preparation for the new season and there's 19 points behind the leaders in December preparation.

Its just excuse after excuse every bloody year,

HH81
07-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Are Hibs the only club that get injuries? Yesterday i heard the Hibs tv guys blame our display in part on Malonga's stupidity last week in getting sent off.

Are we the only club who have suspensions too? As i said before, there's preparation for the new season and there's 19 points behind the leaders in December preparation.

Yes to both.

Bronson
07-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Yes, our great run that left us 19 points behind the league leaders instead of 10, when the "great" run started. You're the one who needs to get over yourself, we shouldn't be accepting a 3rd/4th place playoff spot in the CHAMPIONSHIP ffs.

We should be challenging for European spots, not losing 1-0 to ****ing Falkirk.

You are a bed-wetter of the highest order. Just went 11 games unbeaten, winning 6 away games on the trot, lose a 90th minute winner and suddenly we're back to being a shambles. We're not going to win every game. I really don't understand your sense of entitlement, it's hibs not real madrid.

It's a long season and we're not even half way through it. Still have to play hearts twice and rangers 3 times, I'm not particularly worried in all honesty.

Thecat23
07-12-2014, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't blame LD or Stubbs. Ok Leeann took way too long to sack Butcher but the board should have done that soon as we lost that game. Stubbs is learning all the time and he's got a couple of tactics and selections wrong but most managers do that even guys who's been in the game a long time.

We shouldn't be losing or drawing so many home games though and there's no real excuse for it either. The unbeaten run was good but to many draws has seen us drop to far behind now. I think we will finish 3rd or 4th and lose the play off. All the mistake from the past has made it more difficult for Stubbs and that why I think we will be here another season and hopefully then we can go up. If we are down for a while then I've no idea what will happen as we will lose fans and money and that could cripple us.

WestStandMoaner
07-12-2014, 11:47 AM
You are a bed-wetter of the highest order. Just went 11 games unbeaten, winning 6 away games on the trot, lose a 90th minute winner and suddenly we're back to being a shambles. We're not going to win every game. I really don't understand your sense of entitlement, it's hibs not real madrid.

It's a long season and we're not even half way through it. Still have to play hearts twice and rangers 3 times, I'm not particularly worried in all honesty.
That's why we are in the position we are in, guys like you that are not worried and accept second best to Falkirk, QofS etc. no promotion this season will result in the lowest season tickets sales ever, that will mean hibs will struggle for years, every season spent in the Championship will result in teams like Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and the hertz getting further ahead on and off the park.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-12-2014, 12:03 PM

I believe we just need to be patient. :-)

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 12:13 PM

There are other teams in this league with there injury problems and suspensions as well, we are not the only one's in this position, once they other teams get they're players back they will get better as well.

It's how well we strengthen our squad in January that will help us for the rest of the season.

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Just a shame that the boys will have a couple of poor games and then half this forum will rip them to shreds.

I don't think it is about a couple of poor games, more like where we are sitting in the league at this time of the year, we are now never going to win this league and now hoping that we make the play-off's, i keep saying it, the three teams below us all have a good chance of catching us, the three teams above, it's now looking like we can only catch one of them, QOTS, but the teams below us will think they can also get in to a play-off spot as well and they have a better chance of doing that than us catching the wee and big huns.

We need to start winning games rather than drawing them, each time we draw on our unbeaten run (which ended yesterday) hertz and The Rangers were pulling away with a extra two points because they were and still are winning games in this league.

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 12:34 PM

Which included a lot of draws in that good run.

Correct, but it can be done in this league, just look at the team at the top of the league, they are winning most of there games.

WestCoastHibby
07-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Excuses excuses, but the reality would appear the best we can hope for is play offs. I've never been convinced L.D was our saviour but I am happy to see her given the chance, which in real terms probably means two seasons in this division.

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 03:17 PM
I believe we just need to be patient. :-)

Build it and they will come. :cb