PDA

View Full Version : Spartans half season ticket

Magnifique
06-12-2014, 06:03 PM
£25 for approx 10 games and mot getting shafted left right and centre for food etc.

Can somebody give me a reason not to

matty_f
06-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Bash on.

Smartie
06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Presumably you're a Hibs fan.

Why would you buy a season ticket for another team irrespective of what price it is?

(You asked for a reason.)

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2014, 06:21 PM
For the sake of £25, buy the Spartans ticket and still attend Hibs when fixtures don't clash.

Islington Hibs
06-12-2014, 06:23 PM
£25 for approx 10 games and mot getting shafted left right and centre for food etc.

Good luck to Spartans- but I support Hibs

Capt Mainwaring
06-12-2014, 06:26 PM

Best going on to a Spartans website and asking the question No? Personally I'm a Hibs fans so could give a flying one !

tamig
06-12-2014, 06:57 PM

Why would a Hibs fan want to buy a half season for another team - assuming you're a Hibs fan that is?

SaulGoodman
06-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Why would a Hibs fan want to buy a half season for another team - assuming you're a Hibs fan that is?

Because we got beat today and people feel the need to be overly dramatic

tamig
06-12-2014, 07:39 PM

Armageddon on here tonight bud.

Time For Heroes
06-12-2014, 07:42 PM

:greengrin

Swedish hibee
06-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Dear-o-dear :rolleyes:

:taxi

macca70
06-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Wonder if it includes cup games, might come in handy when we get drawn against Spartans at Spartans :)

Hermit Crab
06-12-2014, 08:13 PM

See you then. Enjoy.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 08:25 PM

Cos it's amateur football? A load of boys that work in offices having a kickabout.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 08:26 PM

There are a few drama queens out tonight.

Hibby Bairn
06-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Good pies though. Not a bad deal for those customers out there who might be thinking about coming to a football game and who don't currently. How much is the Hibs half season ticket?

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Good pies though. Not a bad deal for those customers out there who might be thinking about coming to a football game and who don't currently. How much is the Hibs half season ticket?

How does it compare with the Edinburgh City half season ticket?

Hibby Bairn
06-12-2014, 08:52 PM
How does it compare with the Edinburgh City half season ticket?

Irrelevant. Spartans are a club on the up. Potential Scottish Cup quarter finalists. Lots of positivity. For someone interested in watching some football and having a decent afternoon out I would say their offer v Hibs is very decent value.

You can even have a beer.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Irrelevant. Spartans are a club on the up. Potential Scottish Cup quarter finalists. Lots of positivity. For someone interested in watching some football and having a decent afternoon out I would say their offer v Hibs is very decent value.

You can even have a beer.

It's not irrelevant - Spartans are below Edinburgh City in the league. If anyone's on the way up it's city.

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Is Spartans v Edinburgh City a feisty local derby? I wouldn't mind popping along to that.

Hibby Bairn
06-12-2014, 09:01 PM
It's not irrelevant - Spartans are below Edinburgh City in the league. If anyone's on the way up it's city.

But to the casual interested potential spectator they won't know that. Probably don't even know Edinburgh City exist. Spartans market themselves (the whole) very well.

Eyrie
06-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Ltsf!

CmoantheHibs
07-12-2014, 02:42 AM
Ltsf!

:greengrin

Thecat23
07-12-2014, 06:11 AM
Strange post and then no replies to what anyone has said. Think someone likes to stir ***** while sitting back and laughing myself.

Why would any Hibs fan buy a Spartans ST?? Strangest thread in a long time!!!

Pete
07-12-2014, 07:01 AM
Strange post and then no replies to what anyone has said. Think someone likes to stir ***** while sitting back and laughing myself.

Why would any Hibs fan buy a Spartans ST?? Strangest thread in a long time!!!

I think he was just raging as he was left ticketless outside the ground when there was no need to be.

It wasn't our clubs fault but I don't blame him to be honest. Total farce.

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2014, 09:49 AM

I get my MOT done at the Ainslie Park Garage. If I'd known I could be getting into see Spartans whilst it was getting done, I'd certainly have taken the offer up.

ps you should also have mentioned that there's a licenced bar in the club house.

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Cos it's amateur football? A load of boys that work in offices having a kickabout.

Tell that to Clyde and Morton.

Scottie
07-12-2014, 09:59 AM
So exactly the same office working part timers we are playing most weeks in the Championship that we can't beat. :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Tell that to Clyde and Morton.

They know that's why they were so embarrassed at getting beat.

Having said that Clyde might have to play off against Edinburgh City to stay in the league.

Crazyhorse
07-12-2014, 10:08 AM
So exactly the same office working part timers we are playing most weeks in the Championship that we can't beat. :confused:

Was just thinking the same thing. Sneering at part-timers is not exactly a good idea at the moment given that many of them are showing more appetite and bottle than the current Hibs squad.

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2014, 10:10 AM

Sorry to confuse you. It's different ones. Players that play for Spartans and that aren't good enough to play in div 1. That's why they don't. It's around 3 levels lower in the lowland league.

Maybe they should number the leagues to help with this confusion?

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Was just thinking the same thing. Sneering at part-timers is not exactly a good idea at the moment given that many of them are showing more appetite and bottle than the current Hibs squad.

Not sneering just pointing out facts.

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2014, 10:16 AM
They know that's why they were so embarrassed at getting beat.

Having said that Clyde might have to play off against Edinburgh City to stay in the league.

Right, so Spartans get no credit at all, because you've foolishly said they are worse than they actually are.

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2014, 10:20 AM
Right, so Spartans get no credit at all, because you've foolishly said they are worse than they actually are.

I don't think I have? They're not even top of their own amateur league?

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2014, 10:29 AM
I don't think I have? They're not even top of their own amateur league?

You make a good point there. Are they actually Amateurs though. I thought it was a semi professional league?

happiehibbie
07-12-2014, 10:31 AM
I have a season ticket at Spartans for when Hibs are not at home great day out Tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2014, 10:37 AM
You make a good point there. Are they actually Amateurs though. I thought it was a semi professional league?

As far as I know some of the players are paid but I'm not sure how official that is and it's not all of them. Don't know if that means it's semi pro or not?

Scottie
07-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Sorry to confuse you. It's different ones. Players that play for Spartans and that aren't good enough to play in div 1. That's why they don't. It's around 3 levels lower in the lowland league.

Maybe they should number the leagues to help with this confusion?
No **** Sherlock :greengrin

Thanks for clearing that up that you have part timers of different ability :aok: Maybe some of those part Timers would show more fight than some of the Hibs players at the mo eh.

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2014, 10:42 AM
As far as I know some of the players are paid but I'm not sure how official that is and it's not all of them. Don't know if that means it's semi pro or not?

Not clear from their website:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartans_F.C.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-12-2014, 10:45 AM

Hearts are top of the league, why not buy one for them?

SaulGoodman
07-12-2014, 10:55 AM
No **** Sherlock :greengrin

Thanks for clearing that up that you have part timers of different ability :aok: Maybe some of those part Timers would show more fight than some of the Hibs players at the mo eh.

Nah probably not. I'd imagine if they didn't have any depth in their squad and had arguably the spine of the team out and replaced they'd struggle too.

Thecat23
07-12-2014, 11:22 AM
I think he was just raging as he was left ticketless outside the ground when there was no need to be.

It wasn't our clubs fault but I don't blame him to be honest. Total farce.

He could have maybe added that part in no? Unless I missed another post that he was locked out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
07-12-2014, 11:37 AM

Not a one.

Bye.

:dummytit:

Since90+2
07-12-2014, 12:06 PM

All Spartans players are paid.

givescotlandfreedom
07-12-2014, 01:54 PM

Do us a favour and don't come on here moaning next time we're in a cup final and you can't get a ticket.

Pretty Boy
07-12-2014, 02:05 PM
All Spartans players are paid.

Not necessarily.

A player in the Lowland, Highland, EOS etc leagues can be signed on either a professional or an amateur form. I'm not sure of the situation at Spartans, although I do know a majority of their under 20/development players are on amateur forms, but there will be various reasons why a player may choose to remain an amateur.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Do us a favour and don't come on here moaning next time we're in a cup final and you can't get a ticket.

:agree: Well said.

NAE NOOKIE
07-12-2014, 04:07 PM

The Spartans were really, really cruel to their children