Stuarty27
06-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Very difficult to defend the performance

Oxley 3 kicking was awful

Gray 3 worst performance in a hibs jersey, crossing poor
Stevenson 2 terrible
Fontaine 2 distrubtion was terrible at times, looked shakey throughout
Hanlon 6 the best out of everyone had some great blocks and tackles

Handling 1 caught on the ball at least 5 times and at one point passed the ball right out the pitch, slow looked lacking in confidence.
Allan 5 worst game in a hibs jersey not a lot came off, still our most likely to create
Robertson 5 usual workman like performance
Stanton 2 Sorry but playing well for the 20s is not good enough, didn't look hungry, powderpuff. Didn't take his chance

Heffernan 0 why is this wage thief still at our club!! He should be freed! Doesn't care one bit about the club or fans
Cummings 1 poor first touch, bullied by centre halfs

Subs:

L Allan 3 touched the ball maybe 4 times
Harris 3 just when you need abit dig on comes Harris
Martin- no time

Elephant Stone
06-12-2014, 06:48 PM

Stevenson 2 terrible

Handling 1 caught on the ball at least 5 times and at one point passed the ball right out the pitch, slow looked lacking in confidence.
Allan 5 worst game in a hibs jersey not a lot came off, still our most likely to create
Stanton 2 Sorry but playing well for the 20s is not good enough, didn't look hungry, powderpuff. Didn't take his chance

Heffernan 0 why is this wage thief still at our club!! He should be freed! Doesn't care one bit about the club or fans

Subs:

Martin- no time

He's still at our club because he chose to help us get promoted instead of staying in the SPL with St Johnstone, who wanted him. Say what you like about his performances but don't talk **** about his attitude towards Hibs.

3pm
06-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Based on what you're saying, 1-0 is a decent result.

Stuarty27
06-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Based on what you're saying, 1-0 is a decent result.

We got what we deserved today and if anyone disagrees they are kidding themsel on!

Hermit Crab
06-12-2014, 06:54 PM

Stevenson 2 terrible

Subs:

Martin- no time

The two in bold indicte that you were not at the game, and if you were you were not watching it.

dmc1875
06-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Oxley - 5
Gray - 4
Hanlon - 5
Fontaine -5
Stevenson - 5
Robertson - 5
Allan - 6
Handling - 4
Stanton- 4
Cummings - 3
Heffernan - 4

Lewis Allan made a nuisance of himself but didn't get much of a chance and Harris looked quick but little time

Billy Whizz
06-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Only Paul Hanlon gets more than a 2 today

Stuarty27
06-12-2014, 06:58 PM
The two in bold indicte that you were not at the game, and if you were you were not watching it.

Stevensons first half performance was a joke, what about when he kicked the ball straight out the park?? Second half was a slight improvement.

Please explain to me what Heffernan contributed to the game apart from being caught offside and being booked??

Hermit Crab
06-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Stevensons first half performance was a joke, what about when he kicked the ball straight out the park?? Second half was a slight improvement.

Please explain to me what Heffernan contributed to the game apart from being caught offside and being booked??

Heffenan has been out the team for months, hardly realistic to expect him to swing right back into the ways of scoring goals and creating chances.

Jonnyboy
06-12-2014, 07:04 PM

So he gets a two for doing that once and Oxley gets a three for doing it multiple times? Your dislike for Lewis is showing through :wink:

Stuarty27
06-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Heffenan has been out the team for months, hardly realistic to expect him to swing right back into the ways of scoring goals and creating chances.

So your agreeing that he was absolute dire then?

Leith Green
06-12-2014, 07:10 PM
He's still at our club because he chose to help us get promoted instead of staying in the SPL with St Johnstone, who wanted him. Say what you like about his performances but don't talk **** about his attitude towards Hibs.

To be fair to the original poster, he is useless and looks unfit/lazy when he plays. If we are going to kick on then we really to be shifting on players such as Heffernan and Craig,along with a couple of others, thats a no brainer

MWHIBBIES
06-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Heff could easily have scored twice on a different day, unlucky to have 2 good attempts blocked, especially the one off the line. Certainly not our worst player today.

Allan gave the ball away about 25 times for absolutely no reason.

Everyone else was meh except Hanlon who was probably the best player on the park and saved us from a 2/3 goal loss.

silverhibee
06-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Heff could easily have scored twice on a different day, unlucky to have 2 good attempts blocked, especially the one off the line. Certainly not our worst player today.

Allan gave the ball away about 25 times for absolutely no reason.

Everyone else was meh except Hanlon who was probably the best player on the park and saved us from a 2/3 goal loss.

Nah, on a different day he would still be missing these chances.

Elephant Stone
06-12-2014, 07:19 PM
To be fair to the original poster, he is useless and looks unfit/lazy when he plays. If we are going to kick on then we really to be shifting on players such as Heffernan and Craig,along with a couple of others, thats a no brainer

It must be hard to get match fit when you're getting chucked on for 5 minutes every now and then though, don't you think? Either way, everyone is entitled to their opinion about players' performances but to say Heffernan is a 'wage thief' or doesn't care about the club is unfair and not true.

Tyler Durden
06-12-2014, 07:22 PM

He stayed for his own convenience. His performances have been awful and I don't think he gives a toss about Hibs to be honest.

A prime example of the mismanagement of the club, him on a 2 year deal.

Elephant Stone
06-12-2014, 07:24 PM
He stayed for his own convenience. His performances have been awful and I don't think he gives a toss about Hibs to be honest.

A prime example of the mismanagement of the club, him on a 2 year deal.

What?

Leith Green
06-12-2014, 07:26 PM
It must be hard to get match fit when you're getting chucked on for 5 minutes every now and then though, don't you think? Either way, everyone is entitled to their opinion about players' performances but to say Heffernan is a 'wage thief' or doesn't care about the club is unfair and not true.

At the end of the day Heffernan has been at Hibs for 18 months, and he has been consistently not good enough, he is too slow and weak mate.. We arent even in the top league for christ sake..

It wouldnt surprise me one bit if Heffernan turned down St Johnstone because he realises himself he is past it..

SneakersO'Toole
06-12-2014, 07:27 PM

It's difficult to disagree with this. Everytime I've seen Heffernan this season his body language on the pitch has been disgraceful.

Ronniekirk
06-12-2014, 07:28 PM

I understand the point you are making ,but he must be one of our top earners and we can't afford a Striker that just isn't scoring

Colr
06-12-2014, 07:30 PM

back into the ways of scoring goals and creating chances?

Capt Mainwaring
06-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Hanlon best player on the park today. MOTM. Scott Allan not far behind but needed runners on the end of his passes

Tyler Durden
06-12-2014, 07:34 PM
What?

Offered the chance to play in the top division, apparently on more money and rejects it. Shows no sign that he's even disappointed to be pretty much out the picture at Hibs - 4th or 5th choice? When he gets a chance he doesn't look interested, seems content to go through the motions and take his wage.

His attitude is very clearly open to question.

I think Stubbs made a mistake in not publicly trying to force him out but maybe he knew there was no chance of shifting him so had to play the "we're delighted he's staying" card

emerald green
06-12-2014, 07:37 PM
I understand the point you are making ,but he must be one of our top earners and we can't afford a Striker that just isn't scoring

back into the ways of scoring goals and creating chances?

Does anyone know how many goals Heffernan has scored in all the time he has been at Hibs?

Leith Green
06-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Offered the chance to play in the top division, apparently on more money and rejects it. Shows no sign that he's even disappointed to be pretty much out the picture at Hibs - 4th or 5th choice? When he gets a chance he doesn't look interested, seems content to go through the motions and take his wage.

I think Stubbs made a mistake in not publicly trying to force him out but maybe he knew there was no chance of shifting him so had to play the "we're delighted he's staying" card

As i said earlier, i reckon he knows himself that he is well past it

silverhibee
06-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Does anyone know how many goals Heffernan has scored in all the time he has been at Hibs?

andrew70
06-12-2014, 07:43 PM
What?

Stayed to maintain his wage, no other reason. Shouldn't be anywhere near ER anymore. What a complete embarrassment. As a footballer and as a man. Hopefully he gets dumped on the scrapheap in January replaced by someone who actually tries for us.

andrew70
06-12-2014, 07:45 PM

Nonsense

scoopyboy
06-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Oxley - 5
Gray - 4
Hanlon - 5
Fontaine -5
Stevenson - 5
Robertson - 5
Allan - 6
Handling - 4
Stanton- 4
Cummings - 3
Heffernan - 4

Lewis Allan made a nuisance of himself but didn't get much of a chance and Harris looked quick but little time

It beggars belief that you can give Fontaine and Stevenson the same mark as Hanlon. Paul was easily our best player.

Hiber-nation
06-12-2014, 07:54 PM
It beggars belief that you can give Fontaine and Stevenson the same mark as Hanlon. Paul was easily our best player.

Yep, by the length of Easter Road. Bailed us out time and time again. Anyone who's giving him 5 wasn't actually at the game or has no knowledge of football whatsoever.

Tyler Durden
06-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Nonsense

Not according to this http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-striker-saint-for-leaving-1-3523159

emerald green
06-12-2014, 08:02 PM

Wow. Thanks for that Silverhibee.

hibsbollah
06-12-2014, 08:04 PM
. What a complete embarrassment. As a footballer and as a man.

Totally unnecessary. I assume you're looking for attention.

Blaster
06-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Only Paul Hanlon gets more than a 2 today

Agree. He was very good and worth a 7
Most were a 4 at best but handling and Stanton disappointed me most.

Feel sorry for our defence today. When all in front of you are poor it puts pressure on them.

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 08:18 PM

That's not entirely true! Heff is on a huge appearance fee for Hibs! His wage is ok but if he plays the full 90 mins believe me his wage takes a huge jump. The prem sides never came close to this salary and we were left with him. Hibs wanted Heff out out the door to free up the wage.

andrew70
06-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Totally unnecessary. I assume you're looking for attention.

Unnecessary? I tell you what's unnecessary someone who is quite clearly stealing a wage from our club. He's a mercenary and quite clearly has no care or regard for Hibernian.

Certainly not 'looking for attention' but you've certainly got mine now. 'As a man' comment is more directed towards the complete lack of effort. You can't be happy with that surely? If I went in to work and done nothing for a good couple of years I'd be sacked but I'd also have the guts to look within myself and try to sort it out. It's not one (lack of) performance it's several.

andrew70
06-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Not according to this http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-striker-saint-for-leaving-1-3523159

Sorry for multi posting on phone and can't multi quote. Players, agents can spin words in papers very easily. He's on a very good deal here and isn't going to let that go.

Stuarty27
06-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Unnecessary? I tell you what's unnecessary someone who is quite clearly stealing a wage from our club. He's a mercenary and quite clearly has no care or regard for Hibernian.

Certainly not 'looking for attention' but you've certainly got mine now. 'As a man' comment is more directed towards the complete lack of effort. You can't be happy with that surely? If I went in to work and done nothing for a good couple of years I'd be sacked but I'd also have the guts to look within myself and try to sort it out. It's not one (lack of) performance it's several.

Completely agree.

His lack of effort is disgusting

dmc1875
06-12-2014, 08:46 PM

On reflection your right he made a couple of goal saving challenges but he also contributed to the goal by getting his header all wrong at the end so it should have been a six.

I was at the game, and I thought Allan was our best player even though it was one of his poorer games. No one else looked like starting anything

Up The Bracket
06-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Am I the only one that thought Stanton played well today?

Passmarks for Stanton, Allan and Hanlon, rest were dreadful, Fontaine and Handling especially

B.H.F.C
06-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Am I the only one that thought Stanton played well today?

Passmarks for Stanton, Allan and Hanlon, rest were dreadful, Fontaine and Handling especially

I thought Stanton drifted in and out the game. Couple of good moments but like everyone else today didn't do enough. That said, I think he was one of the better ones and probably merits a start next week.

woodythehibee
06-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Only stand outs for me were Paul Hanlon & Scotty Allan. Scotty is a joy to watch.

andrew70
06-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Only stand outs for me were Paul Hanlon & Scotty Allan. Scotty is a joy to watch.

Makes the game look extremely easy. Floats by players as if they aren't there.

cleanyman
06-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Thought Fontaine and Hanlon(up until that header) played well.

Other than that, total mince.

Forza Fred
07-12-2014, 07:43 AM
What worries me for the long term is that I consistently read that players either don't make pass marks or just make pass marks for games played against second tier opposition.

Doesn't fill me with confidence that they are capable of holding their own in the Premier League, and unless we start to fill positions with Premier League capable players, then we can expect to remain out of it.

craigmounthibby
08-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Yep, by the length of Easter Road. Bailed us out time and time again. Anyone who's giving him 5 wasn't actually at the game or has no knowledge of football whatsoever.
I agree he was our best player. But it was his terrible header that resulted in the goal