PDA

View Full Version : Handling

Hermit Crab
06-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Had another shocker today. Should not be in the team. Poor passing and decision making and looked lazy at times. Need to bench him for a while.

Ozyhibby
06-12-2014, 05:16 PM
About 4 years?

Brightside
06-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Wow....

calumhibee1
06-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Offers absolutely nothing.

staunchhibby
06-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Just does not do the job he is paid for

Simpson
06-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Total pish

marinello59
06-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Wow....

I take it Craig wasn't playing so Handling is this weeks scapegoat.

Brightside
06-12-2014, 05:25 PM

Indeed. Positive Hibs Fans :wink:

B.H.F.C
06-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Every one of them was crap today but he is just crap far too often.

Bishop Hibee
06-12-2014, 05:28 PM

He's symptomatic of all that's wrong at Hibs. He's the standard of player who may well keep us in the Championship. That would surely make it the worst season in our history. Anyone care to disagree?

B.H.F.C
06-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Indeed. Positive Hibs Fans :wink:

Given we've just fallen 19 points behind the league leaders in the bloody championship can you not understand why people aren't particularly positive?

Pete
06-12-2014, 05:29 PM

It wouldn't surprise me to hear people moaning about Michael Nelson.

Northernhibee
06-12-2014, 05:31 PM
The latest player to get no praise for the things he does well but will get a kicking no matter what.

SneakersO'Toole
It wouldn't surprise me to hear people moaning about Michael Nelson.

The problem is the criticism is wholly justified. Handling has been given numerous chances this season and fails to deliver too often. He has scored the same number of goals as Hearts left back FFS.

He just isn't good enough.

marinello59
He's symptomatic of all that's wrong at Hibs. He's the standard of player who may well keep us in the Championship. That would surely make it the worst season in our history. Anyone care to disagree?

One of our best players last week and our manager obviously rates him. What does he know though?

B.H.F.C
06-12-2014, 05:34 PM
One of our best players last week and our manager obviously rates him. What does he know though?

Maybe Stubbs isn't always right which a look at the league table possibly suggests.

If Handling starts doing providing and scoring goals people will stop moaning. If he doesn't they won't.

marinello59
06-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Maybe Stubbs isn't always right which a look at the league table possibly suggests.

If Handling starts doing providing and scoring goals people will stop moaning. If he doesn't they won't.

Stubbs inherited the most dispirited squad I can ever remember at Hibs. Yes, he made mistakes to begin with but the absolute shambles that **** Butcher left us in meant we were always going to start slowly.

Ozyhibby
06-12-2014, 05:44 PM

19 points behind Hearts. It won't be long till people start to ask that question.

Brightside
06-12-2014, 05:46 PM
19 points behind Hearts. It won't be long till people start to ask that question.

The same people.... Lets ignore the fact that it the first defeat in about a dozen games.

marinello59
06-12-2014, 05:47 PM

Seriously? Do you think that would be sensible?

Ozyhibby
06-12-2014, 05:48 PM
The same people.... Lets ignore the fact that it the first defeat in about a dozen games.

How many points behind were we at the start of that amazing run?

Northernhibee
06-12-2014, 05:50 PM

It's always the same posters.

Ozyhibby
06-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Seriously? Do you think that would be sensible?

Doesn't matter what I think, it will happen if we don't improve. We are performing poorly in the championship. Unless we start picking up a lot more points then people will look at Stubbs and Petrie will look for his latest scapegoat.

Ozyhibby
06-12-2014, 05:53 PM

Look at our attendances. I'm not alone.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 05:54 PM
How many points behind were we at the start of that amazing run?

Thats a very good question, if as folk keep telling me we are improving, why are we not catching the teams above us?

I mean there are threads on this very site every week telling us how poor The Rangers and Hearts are, yet we are improving but are failing to get any nearer, in fact we are getting further behind them? :confused:

Northernhibee
06-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Look at our attendances. I'm not alone.

I don't give a **** if you're not alone, you're still wrong.

silverhibee
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM

Who are.?

Bishop Hibee
06-12-2014, 05:59 PM

Do you see us getting a play-off place and beating one/two Championship teams and then the 11th place Premiership team with the current squad? I just can't see it.

Andy74
06-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Doesn't matter what I think, it will happen if we don't improve. We are performing poorly in the championship. Unless we start picking up a lot more points then people will look at Stubbs and Petrie will look for his latest scapegoat.

You are willing to overlook BuyHibs being pretty poor and allowing them time to develop and learn and improve.

Why not try that approach out with the team you support?

silverhibee
06-12-2014, 06:01 PM

Oh dear.

marinello59

It wouldn't be Petrie's call. But you know that anyway.
Just out of interest though, do you think hounding out Stubbs this season would be sensible? You raised this after all.

Andy74
Do you see us getting a play-off place and beating one/two Championship teams and then the 11th place Premiership team with the current squad? I just can't see it.

On recent form yes I can.

loanheadhibby
06-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Stubbs inherited the most dispirited squad I can ever remember at Hibs. Yes, he made mistakes to begin with but the absolute shambles that **** Butcher left us in meant we were always going to start slowly.

How long is Stubbs going to get out of the mess Butcher left? Butcher left us as a shambles but lets not kid ourselves, Stubbs is not covering himself in glory.

19 points behind that shower in the 1st division will never be acceptable to me. There are no excuses for that.

macd123
06-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Had another shocker today. Should not be in the team. Poor passing and decision making and looked lazy at times. Need to bench him for a while.

Does he deserve to be singled out above heffernan and cummings?

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Thats a very good question, if as folk keep telling me we are improving, why are we not catching the teams above us?

I mean there are threads on this very site every week telling us how poor The Rangers and Hearts are, yet we are improving but are failing to get any nearer, in fact we are getting further behind them? :confused:

Interesting point BH.

silverhibee
06-12-2014, 06:11 PM
You are willing to overlook BuyHibs being pretty poor and allowing them time to develop and learn and improve.

Why not try that approach out with the team you support?

Been trying that as well for years now Andy. :greengrin

hibeesjoe
06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Both Handling are Cummings are honking. I have been wanting them too prove me wrong for ages but it's just not happening.

Mcpakeisgod
06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
On a brighter note it is Saturday, stop whining and get some hobbies

Ozyhibby
06-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Just out of interest though, do you think hounding out Stubbs this season would be sensible? You raised this after all.

I think you know who I want out of the club.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Interesting point BH.

One that's funny enough never answered? :confused:

Hermit Crab
06-12-2014, 06:18 PM

Cummings was hooked at half time I dont know if he was injured, he was doing anything anyway. Heffernan has been out for weeks and cant be given a bashing for coming back into the team. Handling has been consistenly poor throughout the season except 1 maybe 2 ok performances., not for the first time this season

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 06:19 PM

Well I can't help you. Hopefully someone that's not "depressed" or someone that doesn't have an agenda can answer.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Both Handling are Cummings are honking. I have been wanting them too prove me wrong for ages but it's just not happening.

:agree:

Ozyhibby
06-12-2014, 06:20 PM
On a brighter note it is Saturday, stop whining and get some hobbies

Unfortunately a lot of Hibs fans are doing just that. :-(

silverhibee
06-12-2014, 06:20 PM

If we didn't get a play-off spot then it will be talked about no doubt, i no this his first shot at being a manager and taking the Hibs job was a tough gig for his first appointment, but if we don't make the play-off's then his job will be on the line, it's a results business as you no and if we don't make the play-off's then he hasn't got us the results we need and it's the manager that takes the fall for that.

Hopefully we still win the league though. :greengrin

marinello59
06-12-2014, 06:22 PM
I think you know who I want out of the club.

You haven't answered the question I asked. I assume you mean Petrie with that response, we agree on that one.

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 06:23 PM
I had a discussion on another thread about Handling as I think he's very poor. But was told to watch him more closely! I'm happy to do that but going by pretty much every post seems I was right. 4 year deal for that? Surely has something on Petrie or Stubbs??

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 06:25 PM
I think Hibs will make the top four but will not go up because of the way we started this season. We didn't appointment a manager quick enough, we didn't sign enough players to get us out and we're stuck with Heff, Handling, Harris and Stanton to an extent!

There is no way anyone on here can argue against that because proof is where we are at and the concerns were raised by many at the start and they have been proved correct so far whether you think they are "doom and Gloomers"

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 06:26 PM
FFS if Stubbs failed to get us into a play off spot he should be punted after the final whistle of the last game. Personally i think we will finish top 4, well i hope we do.

3pm
06-12-2014, 06:26 PM
I had a discussion on another thread about Handling as I think he's very poor. But was told to watch him more closely! I'm happy to do that but going by pretty much every post seems I was right. 4 year deal for that? Surely has something on Petrie or Stubbs??

When I watched Danny Handling at CF, Inwas among the very first to dismiss him. I have paid a bit more attention this year and I reckon he's a good footballer.

Technically I don't think it's a problem. Physically and mentally is more of a problem.

Until he can piece it all together, threads like this will appear. He's a decent footballer but skill alone enough is not enough.

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 06:29 PM
When I watched Danny Handling at CF, Inwas among the very first to dismiss him. I have paid a bit more attention this year and I reckon he's a good footballer.

Technically I don't think it's a problem. Physically and mentally is more of a problem.

Until he can piece it all together, threads like this will appear. He's a decent footballer but skill alone enough is not enough.

Why is it a mental issue though mate? We are playing in the championship and should be thinking I'm having a right go. He doesn't create anything and finds it hard to make a simple pass.

This isn't the fans fault before anyone comes in with that because away from home the fans have apparently been great and even at ER you can tell fans want him to do well. He needs to man up and show his worth for the faith Hibs have shown in him by given him a ridiculous 4 year deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 06:30 PM
FFS if Stubbs failed to get us into a play off spot he should be punted after the final whistle of the last game. Personally i think we will finish top 4, well i hope we do.

I wouldn't bin him I'd bin the lot and let Stubbs build a team that isn't full of cowards!

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Handling was running the show earlier in the season before he was sent off at ibrox, so the ability is in there somewhere.

Gordy M
06-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Im sure at one point we were 2nd bottom and in danger of going bottom, now we are fourth, so yes we have caught teams above us. Though i think ur obv referring to them sevco etc who have been on similar runs. We can still improve and not necessarily catch all those above us??

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't bin him I'd bin the lot and let Stubbs build a team that isn't full of cowards!

Any manager who fails to get Hibs in the top 4 of the 2nd tier of Scottish football is not good enough to manage Hibs, even this season with those two clubs in the Championship.

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Any manager who fails to get Hibs in the top 4 of the 2nd tier of Scottish football is not good enough to manage Hibs, even this season with those two clubs in the Championship.

I know what your saying BH, but I think he is a good manager and will do well. Can't see us not making top 4.

3pm
06-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Why is it a mental issue though mate? We are playing in the championship and should be thinking I'm having a right go. He doesn't create anything and finds it hard to make a simple pass.

This isn't the fans fault before anyone comes in with that because away from home the fans have apparently been great and even at ER you can tell fans want him to do well. He needs to man up and show his worth for the faith Hibs have shown in him by given him a ridiculous 4 year deal.

I think he can make a simple pass mate, very much so. The issue for me is he is capable of far more.

Why does he not create anything? It's a guess of course but I think it's mental. It's not the best expression but I do believe he is not confident enough to assert himself.

Again, just an opinion.

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 06:35 PM
I think he can make a simple pass mate, very much so. The issue for me is he is capable of far more.

Why does he not create anything? It's a guess of course but I think it's mental. It's not the best expression but I do believe he is not confident enough to assert himself.

Again, just an opinion.

You could be right! How do we fix this though could be the problem. I honestly think we could have got a better player with the deal he got but it's done now so just have to hope he comes good!

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 06:35 PM
I know what your saying BH, but I think he is a good manager and will do well. Can't see us not making top 4.

I think we should make the top 4 too, but i stand by what i said.

Ozyhibby
06-12-2014, 06:37 PM
You haven't answered the question I asked. I assume you mean Petrie with that response, we agree on that one.

As far as I'm concerned no proper assessment can be made of any manager while the chairman remains in post.

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 06:37 PM
I think we should make the top 4 too, but i stand by what i said.

Fair dos there will be others that will agree and I do see what your saying. I just think he's slowly getting there with a very poor Hibs side bar Allen!

GreenArmy1875
06-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Colin Nish was right

3pm
06-12-2014, 06:41 PM
You could be right! How do we fix this though could be the problem. I honestly think we could have got a better player with the deal he got but it's done now so just have to hope he comes good!

I am not the gaffer so I don't have the solution to fix it. Would love to though!

I think Stubbs needs a bit steel about him.

I was at Newcastle today. Drogba is generally one of Mourinho's lieutenant's for want of a better expression. Today, he tore a strip off him and Drogba took it.

Does Stubbs have that?

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Fair dos there will be others that will agree and I do see what your saying. I just think he's slowly getting there with a very poor Hibs side bar Allen!

:aok:

easty
06-12-2014, 06:42 PM

Last 8 league games we've beat Livi, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton, so bottom, second bottom and fourth bottom. Drew with Raith, Dumbarton, Hearts and QOTS, and lost to Falkirk.

Is that good form? Seriously?

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Last 8 league games we've beat Livi, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton, so bottom, second bottom and fourth bottom. Drew with Raith, Dumbarton, Hearts and QOTS, and lost to Falkirk.

Is that good form? Seriously?

Did you know that this fine run of form we have been on has actually got us further away from the top of the league?

Can you imagine what this place would be like if we'd been poor?

The_Horde
06-12-2014, 06:45 PM
What a load of. Both are young guys capable of producing moments of Magic but they're gonna be inconsistent.

Islington Hibs
06-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Sure our position is disappointing, very, but frankly we have tried 'punting' managers every time things don't quite go to plan. Yogi is doing fine elsewhere for example. It is far far to soon to judge Stubbs. He inherited a mess and he needs a couple of seasons, minimum, to prove himself, not 4 months. In any case we are (usually) playing better football and in my view heading in the right direction. One thing I do know this constant figure pointing does no one any good. Saying Handling is crap (he is 19?) and trying his best isn't going to help his confidence, nor constant criticism of the other youngsters. Support the guys- they are the best we have got.

Cod Boy
06-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Didnt have a good game to be fair tried to stick up for him then got shot down by other fans after i said blame stubbs and not him as he picks the team.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2014, 06:57 PM
What a load of . Both are young guys capable of producing moments of Magic but they're gonna be inconsistent.

Not really done it this season so far have they?

Leith Green
06-12-2014, 07:02 PM

Exactly, its a results business and they have not been anywhere near good enough this season. Anyone who is cock a hoop over going 12 games unbeaten needs their head examined. We have had far too many home draws against poor opposition during that run.

woodythehibee
06-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Handling was hopeless today. Surprised he lasted the full 90. Don't think he offers much. Stanton or Allan are far better options in that area of the pitch

silverhibee
06-12-2014, 07:03 PM
Did you know that this fine run of form we have been on has actually got us further away from the top of the league?

Can you imagine what this place would be like if we'd been poor?

And after our fine run we normally hit the bad run of form at the end of December start of January and it's normally all down hill from there, lucky we have amassed all these points through wins while we were doing well.

Hiber-nation
06-12-2014, 07:11 PM
I don't think anyone can realistically defend Danny's performance today. Gave the ball away in dangerous positions about 4 times in the first half and offered nothing going forward.

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 07:16 PM
I am not the gaffer so I don't have the solution to fix it. Would love to though!

I think Stubbs needs a bit steel about him.

I was at Newcastle today. Drogba is generally one of Mourinho's lieutenant's for want of a better expression. Today, he tore a strip off him and Drogba took it.

Does Stubbs have that?

That's not a bad shout, Stubbs maybe does need to just tell it how it is and say get the finger out or you won't play!

Cod Boy
06-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Other players get away with oh unlucky with a misplaced pass or nothing is said about having a bad game. Gets on my goat

Leith Green
06-12-2014, 07:20 PM
I don't think anyone can realistically defend Danny's performance today. Gave the ball away in dangerous positions about 4 times in the first half and offered nothing going forward.

The problem for me is that its nowhere near the first time that you could say that this season.. Id love to see any young laddie that comes through make the grade, i personally just dont see it in Handling, i actually find his selection in the first 11 baffling.. A player in that position is an absolute must in January, as is a another goalkeeper

Bishop Hibee
06-12-2014, 07:25 PM

Well you're watching a different team from me. Our home form is patchy at best and apart from newco away and Cowdenbeath away when have we been convincing winners? I see improvement from our early form and I think Stubbs is a good appointment but we are 19 points behind Hertz and 10 behind newco and 2 behind QoS. The league table doesn't lie.

Cod Boy
06-12-2014, 07:33 PM
It puts a end to this great unbeaten run myth from Stubbs.

edinburghhibs
06-12-2014, 07:35 PM

JimBHibees
06-12-2014, 07:35 PM

Why was it a myth, it was a fact?

Leith Green
06-12-2014, 07:36 PM

The unbeaten run wasn't a myth. But it was hardly something to be getting excited about.. Our home form is totally shocking, especially at this level

JimBHibees
06-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Well you're watching a different team from me. Our home form is patchy at best and apart from newco away and Cowdenbeath away when have we been convincing winners? I see improvement from our early form and I think Stubbs is a good appointment but we are 19 points behind Hertz and 10 behind newco and 2 behind QoS. The league table doesn't lie.

Livingston 4 0, Dumbarton 6 3

Andy74
06-12-2014, 07:41 PM

The question was could we make the play off, win it then beat a top league team.

So yes we are in a play off spot now despite all.
We know we can beat Rangers and have seen theres not much to fear from Hearts. We've beaten Ross County away and drew with Dundee Utd.

Poor result today but let's not get silly.

Cod Boy
06-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Why was it a myth, it was a fact?

Its hardly anything to shout about

ancient hibee
06-12-2014, 07:45 PM
It still wasn't a myth though was it?

Cod Boy
06-12-2014, 07:52 PM
To many draws in that for me

Kaff
06-12-2014, 08:09 PM
That's not a bad shout, Stubbs maybe does need to just tell it how it is and say get the finger out or you won't play!

I've got a better idea, why doesnt he grab them by the throat and shout blue murder at them? Someone told me this has a great motivational impact on young players!

Drogba is an old experienced head and knows Mourinho, he would never use the same tactics on a young vulnerable player imo

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 08:13 PM
I've got a better idea, why doesnt he grab them by the throat and shout blue murder at them? Someone told me this has a great motivational impact on young players!

Drogba is an old experienced head and knows Mourinho, he would never use the same tactics on a young vulnerable player imo

I very much doubt anyone thinks he should do a Butcher but when your good enough to play your old enough to listen when your not playing well. Sometimes players need to be told! Doesn't have to be a shouting match!! I'd be telling Danny your performances have been very poor and he's letting down himself and the club. If you don't pick up you will be out the team. Sadly I think our players know the squad is bare thin so no matter how bad they play every chance they will be in the following week.

I'm sick hearing of they are just "kids" they are men! Man up and prove your worth that goes for anyone not putting a shift in not just Danny!

Billychaotic182
06-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Last week there was a thread saying how well he has done now he is rubbish? Jeezo

marinello59
06-12-2014, 08:24 PM
As far as I'm concerned no proper assessment can be made of any manager while the chairman remains in post.

Eh? That makes no sense and you are still avoiding the question.

Kaff
06-12-2014, 08:30 PM
I very much doubt anyone thinks he should do a Butcher but when your good enough to play your old enough to listen when your not playing well. Sometimes players need to be told! Doesn't have to be a shouting match!! I'd be telling Danny your performances have been very poor and he's letting down himself and the club. If you don't pick up you will be out the team. Sadly I think our players know the squad is bare thin so no matter how bad they play every chance they will be in the following week.

I'm sick hearing of they are just "kids" they are men! Man up and prove your worth that goes for anyone not putting a shift in not just Danny!

How on earth do you know that isnt being done?
I wasnt there so can't comment on the performance of any player but we cant make up scenarios of what the manager is or isnt doing to suit our view of a player.
Stubbs is doing ok to good imo, of course i wish we were doing better, but we need stability and he is worth persevering with and having a handful of hiccups along the way. Some players seem to be thriving under him and none of the others seem worse so i'd say his methods are working generally speaking.
I long for the days when we moaned TM was too easy on the young lads

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 08:38 PM
I've never said Stubbs wasn't doing a good job. I'm saying "if" he hasn't had a word with Danny he should now! If he has then it's sadly not worked. If you read all my posts about our manager I rate him highly so not sure why your so upset with what I posted [emoji15]

As for hiccups I'm sorry I don't agree there he's been very poor with one or two good games! That's not good enough not in this league, in fact not in any. Players can have off days but how many does him Harris and Stanton have? It's seems on here if you don't rate a player you fall into the "boo boys" that shout abuse. I've chatted with many Hibs fans who all want Danny and the rest to do well but it's just not happening so please tell me how long we keep persevering before it's to late?!

bingo70
06-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Last week there was a thread saying how well he has done now he is rubbish? Jeezo

Abd folk like me got slated for reigning that in when we were saying he's no been that good.

I personally think he's dreadful, he's had a few good moments in a few good games but nowhere near the standard we should be after.

I find it borderline insulting that my season ticket money has contributed to him getting a four year deal. Absolutely baffling decision imo.

Kaff
06-12-2014, 08:51 PM
I've never said Stubbs wasn't doing a good job. I'm saying "if" he hasn't had a word with Danny he should now! If he has then it's sadly not worked. If you read all my posts about our manager I rate him highly so not sure why your so upset with what I posted [emoji15]

As for hiccups I'm sorry I don't agree there he's been very poor with one or two good games! That's not good enough not in this league, in fact not in any. Players can have off days but how many does him Harris and Stanton have? It's seems on here if you don't rate a player you fall into the "boo boys" that shout abuse. I've chatted with many Hibs fans who all want Danny and the rest to do well but it's just not happening so please tell me how long we keep persevering before it's to late?!

You said 'Stubbs maybe does need to just tell it how it is and say get the finger out or you won't play!' No mention of 'if'.
Thats me being pedantic i know and i saw that you think Stubbs should be backed, no problem.
I meant that Stubbs is doing ok and shouldnt be changing his methods, i won''t comment on Danny or others as i havent seen enough of them but from the games i've been at (only 2) and seen on tv then i think we're doing 'ok/good' and want to see this out in the long term

Ozyhibby
06-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Eh? That makes no sense and you are still avoiding the question.

I thought I did. I'm saying I won't be calling for his head. As far as I'm concerned the problems at our club are higher up the good chain.

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 09:05 PM
You said 'Stubbs maybe does need to just tell it how it is and say get the finger out or you won't play!' No mention of 'if'.
Thats me being pedantic i know and i saw that you think Stubbs should be backed, no problem.
I meant that Stubbs is doing ok and shouldnt be changing his methods, i won''t comment on Danny or others as i havent seen enough of them but from the games i've been at (only 2) and seen on tv then i think we're doing 'ok/good' and want to see this out in the long term

Stubbs it a manager still learning and so far he's done a good job in my view anyway of stopping the rot and very slowly playing better. Hopefully results will come. As I said if he hasn't spoke to Danny I think he should just my opinion of course because I go nearly every home game and he's not doing it. In fact he's been very poor! Maybe that is his method? He may take him aside and tell him straight.

Whatever happens Stubbs for me is doing the right things Danny is doing all the wrong things. In a perfect world I wouldn't have Handling, Harris or Stanton near the first 11 out the three I'd maybe just maybe keep Staton but even he doesn't do it enough.

This is a league below the top flight, I think folk forget this, not saying you but Hibs should not have more than one player who finds it hard down here even with hearts and the Rangers!!

marinello59
06-12-2014, 09:14 PM
I thought I did. I'm saying I won't be calling for his head. As far as I'm concerned the problems at our club are higher up the good chain.

I didn't ask if you would be calling for his head.:greengrin
I get what you are saying though.

Kaff
06-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Stubbs it a manager still learning and so far he's done a good job in my view anyway of stopping the rot and very slowly playing better. Hopefully results will come. As I said if he hasn't spoke to Danny I think he should just my opinion of course because I go nearly every home game and he's not doing it. In fact he's been very poor! Maybe that is his method? He may take him aside and tell him straight.

Whatever happens Stubbs for me is doing the right things Danny is doing all the wrong things. In a perfect world I wouldn't have Handling, Harris or Stanton near the first 11 out the three I'd maybe just maybe keep Staton but even he doesn't do it enough.

This is a league below the top flight, I think folk forget this, not saying you but Hibs should not have more than one player who finds it hard down here even with hearts and the Rangers!!

No problem, I can't defend players that i don't see enough of (enjoyed the 'discussions' you have had with truehibernian on these players) but i dont want Stubbs to change his style now as i do think we are improving overall. I reacted to the post by 3pm who said he should give the lads a rocket and to me that was the approach which put us so far backwards, we have to keep faith with Stubbs imo

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 09:19 PM
No problem, I can't defend players that i don't see enough of (enjoyed the 'discussions' you have had with truehibernian on these players) but i dont want Stubbs to change his style now as i do think we are improving overall. I reacted to the post by 3pm who said he should give the lads a rocket and to me that was the approach which put us so far backwards, we have to keep faith with Stubbs imo

No worries mate all good [emoji106] Truehibernian does put some good points across that's why I want to watch Danny myself closely next home game. I share his views on many things so there must be something there if he sees this. I've just looked at his play and impact which by all standards has been poor more than good.

As for Stubbs, defo agree we should keep the faith as he's done better with this lot than the other managers ever did!

hibeesjoe
06-12-2014, 09:35 PM
What a load of. Both are young guys capable of producing moments of Magic but they're gonna be inconsistent.

I can see where you are coming from but when does inconsistency turn into total mince. I honestly can't believe Handling got a new 4 year deal. I can't see Cummings going onto bigger and better things either.

Hibby Bairn
06-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Surely getting beat today or being almost 20 points behind Hearts isn't all Danny Handling's fault?

Leith Green
06-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Surely getting beat today or being almost 20 points behind Hearts isn't all Danny Handling's fault?

Who said it was?

Eyrie
06-12-2014, 11:03 PM
The problem for all of our young players is that they are currently playing in the "champion"ship, and if they are consistently poor with only the occasional good game at this level then it is legitimate to question of they will develop into a reliable player for us when we return to the top flight.

I'm at the stage where I don't expect Handling or Harris to play for long even at this level, whilst the clock is ticking for Cummings and Stanton. That disappoints me, because I want to see our own kids coming through to be mainstays of our team or even sold to clubs playing at a higher level down south.

sesoim
06-12-2014, 11:42 PM
The latest player to get no praise for the things he does well but will get a kicking no matter what.

A couple of neat touches a game is nowhere enough to justify being in the team, never mind a ridiculously long new contract.

sesoim
06-12-2014, 11:44 PM

What DOES he know? Has he successfully managed anybody before? He sure as hell isn't doing anything special here.

marinello59
06-12-2014, 11:51 PM
What DOES he know? Has he successfully managed anybody before? He sure as hell isn't doing anything special here.

Welcome back. It's been a while since your last post but I knew a loss would bring you fresh inspiration to post.:greengrin

andrew70
06-12-2014, 11:53 PM

Seriously? People questioning Danny's ability is bad enough but to even contemplate judging Stubbs' knowledge and managerial potential is beyond belief.

This is a work in progress, there is no quick fix, unfortunately but that's Butchers fault...not Alan's.

On that note shouts from some of our support are cringeworthy at the best of times but this one with a matter of minutes left today is an absolute belter:
"F... off Stubbs ya Evertonian C..."

Hermit Crab
07-12-2014, 12:49 AM

Nobody said it was. He's a contributing factor though, along with others in that team.

macd123
07-12-2014, 02:43 AM
I can see where you are coming from but when does inconsistency turn into total mince. I honestly can't believe Handling got a new 4 year deal. I can't see Cummings going onto bigger and better things either.

Cmon guys, remember scott brown at that age? Some games he ran around like a headless chicken. Whittaker was a bomb scare when he broke into the team. Im not saying current youngsters are as good but it's bit early to write them off.

Handling has been dropped and played for the under 20s. He has been their best player and was brought back in. Fine to say someone played badly but it looks like handling is this year's scapegoat.

Winston Ingram
07-12-2014, 06:00 AM
It's not a surprise he had a shocker. He puts in 1 decent performance in 10 so the next decent one is due mid Jan.

I'm still stunned we gave him a 4 yr deal. I genuinely thought he had no chance of getting any deal at all.

bingo70
07-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Cmon guys, remember scott brown at that age? Some games he ran around like a headless chicken. Whittaker was a bomb scare when he broke into the team. Im not saying current youngsters are as good but it's bit early to write them off.

Handling has been dropped and played for the under 20s. He has been their best player and was brought back in. Fine to say someone played badly but it looks like handling is this year's scapegoat.

Scott Brown was excellent from the start. Bit raw and rough round the edges but was always involved.

Winston Ingram
07-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Scott Brown was excellent from the start. Bit raw and rough round the edges but was always involved.

Absolutely. He was 17 and playing up front as well. A complete standout.

As for Whittaker, defending was a bit ropey but he was miles better than Handling

Thecat23
07-12-2014, 07:08 AM

Brown performed almost every week! With some stand out performances. Whitty was a fantastic player going forward who needed covered as he got carried away but both are miles and I mean miles ahead of where Danny, Alex or Staton are for that matter.

bingo70
07-12-2014, 07:50 AM
Brown performed almost every week! With some stand out performances. Whitty was a fantastic player going forward who needed covered as he got carried away but both are miles and I mean miles ahead of where Danny, Alex or Staton are for that matter.

They were also doing it in the top league.

If these guys can't cut it in this division then I've got my doubts about how good they actually are.

hibeesjoe
07-12-2014, 09:33 AM

Maybe I was a bit harsh. Cummings has 5 goals this season including his double at ibrox. I really hope Handling proves me wrong. Just a bit frustrated from yesterday I think.

One Day
07-12-2014, 09:42 AM

Cummings was dreadful today but hopefully will come again

H18Y GW
07-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Handling and Cummings were terrible.

There is no need to over elaborate.

happiehibbie
07-12-2014, 11:34 AM

What ! Best player can't agree Manger rates him I think so !

southern hibby
07-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Handling had an absolute shocking game. However I'm not going to rip I'n to him as all players do have off days. What I would like to know was why he lasted the game and was not substituted long before the final whistle?

Also ( off topic, but I'm still curious to know ), why was Allen on the left and not through the middle? The game I watched he kept trying to cut I'n to the middle from the left, so maybe he just doesn't do his best work there.

Handling was bad yesterday so was a few other players but ( tin hat on ) was team selection and substitutions.

GGTTH

Brightside
07-12-2014, 02:41 PM

Cmon now... No place for common sense! It would appear that all out players are rubbish now we lost a game. Cummings is now awful, Handling, Harris, Stanton. All dreadful players according to the wise on here. I'm sure once BuyHibs take over we'll be able to buy all the best talent in Europe and they will love to play in the encouraging atmosphere of Hibernian.

bingo70
07-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Cmon now... No place for common sense! It would appear that all out players are rubbish now we lost a game. Cummings is now awful, Handling, Harris, Stanton. All dreadful players according to the wise on here. I'm sure once BuyHibs take over we'll be able to buy all the best talent in Europe and they will love to play in the encouraging atmosphere of Hibernian.

Do you think our opinion of these players is based on one defeat yesterday?

Sitting about 800 points off top place in the first division after winning something like 5 out of 16 abd you really think people opinions are based on one defeat yesterday?

I find that incredible.

Sorry but part of making it as a footballer is the ability to handle criticism abd take the pressure of an expectant support, if they cannae handle a bit stick from a less than half full Easter road then they're not going to make it any higher than they are now.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 02:52 PM

:faf: Our players are not rubbish, they are just not good enough to achieve your prediction of winning the Championship.

Have you had anymore predictions that have been wrong recently, let me think...............:wink:

Brightside
07-12-2014, 02:54 PM

Sitting about 800 points off top place in the first division after winning something like 5 out of 16 abd you really think people opinions are based on one defeat yesterday?

I find that incredible.

Sorry but part of making it as a footballer is the ability to handle criticism abd take the pressure of an expectant support, if they cannae handle a bit stick from a less than half full Easter road then they're not going to make it any higher than they are now.

We don't have the money to buy anything better than we currently have. Its vital that we develop these players. The constant turnover of bang average loan players is whats got us in the state. Support rather than slaughter.

macd123
07-12-2014, 04:10 PM

I find that incredible.

It's just a bit over the top bingo. Handling gets a dedicated thread after a loss with folk queueing up to put the boot in. Stanton is now getting written off. We have all seen what he is capable of.

We can't afford experience in every position so need to use these players and they are nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2014, 04:44 PM

It isn't common sense though. There is absolutely no comparison to to the likes of Scott Brown. He absolutely burst on to the scene. He was cocky, needed a bit coaching and calmed down a bit at times, but it was obvious he was a player. Think he scored 3 goals playing as a striker in his first four or five games. That's about the same as some of the current crop have shown in about odd 50 games. Hence the criticism they are receiving.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 04:59 PM
It isn't common sense though. There is absolutely no comparison to to the likes of Scott Brown. He absolutely burst on to the scene. He was cocky, needed a bit coaching and calmed down a bit at times, but it was obvious he was a player. Think he scored 3 goals playing as a striker in his first four or five games. That's about the same as some of the current crop have shown in about odd 50 games. Hence the criticism they are receiving.

Nonsense, it wont be long before we are all moaning about bringing in £12m in transfer fee's and blaming Dempster for giving Stubbs nothing to replace them with.

Cameron1875
07-12-2014, 05:00 PM
He's crap. His Agent should be up infront of an audience collecting an award though!

How he got him a 4 year contract is a miracle. Bravo :aok:

superfurryhibby
07-12-2014, 05:03 PM
We don't have the money to buy anything better than we currently have. Its vital that we develop these players. The constant turnover of bang average loan players is whats got us in the state. Support rather than slaughter.

Spot on about average loan players. That is part of why we are where we are now. Symptomatic of the past four-five years.

The question of no money to buy better is also true but you have to ask yourself why. Lack of investment in the playing staff is surely a contributory factor? It's a bit of a circular argument but If we were challenging them at the top then I'm sure our crowds would be much bigger than they are now.

Big drop in revenue via walk up and season tickets, impacts on the budget and so on.

My worry regarding the young guys is that they simply aren't good enough. I haven't seen enough from Stanton and Handling that they have what it takes and Harris looks like lost the drive that it needs to play at any level.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 05:08 PM

You told me we were going to skoosh this league, in fact you told me we had better players than both Hearts and Rangers. If this is the case, and of course i have no reason apart from the number of points they have and the number of points we have to believe you.

Why are we not winning the league?

johnbc70
07-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Too many 'off days' is another way saying they are just not good enough. Don't dress it up as anything else. Guys like Handling, Stanton and Harris have far too many off days. Handling for one has been around the first team for nearly 4 years and is 21 soon, he is no boy he needs to show us what he can do and I am surprised he got a 4 year deal so soon at the start of the season. I would have judged things in January as to who has a future or not.

J-C
07-12-2014, 05:24 PM
I think it's plain to see that some of the young guys coming through McDonaugh's reign are technically good but lack strength and the mental strength to be ready for the 1st team, this is being taken care off with Mcbride and May taking over, maybe the next batch will be ready.

HoboHarry
07-12-2014, 05:26 PM
You told me we were going to skoosh this league, in fact you told me we had better players than both Hearts and Rangers. If this is the case, and of course i have no reason apart from the number of points they have and the number of points we have to believe you.

It always takes a while to build a team, even if you do have good players. If you don't know that that you have never played a team sport in your life.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 05:27 PM
It always takes a while to build a team, even if you do have good players. If you don't know that that you have never played a team sport in your life.

And what has that got to do with what i asked underscore?

HoboHarry
07-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Errrr, because you asked why we are not winning the league? It takes a while to build a team pretty much from scratch. Something Rangers and Hearts aren't having to do right now.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Errrr, because you asked why we are not winning the league? It takes a while to build a team pretty much from scratch. Something Rangers and Hearts aren't having to do right now.

Errrr i asked why we are not wining the league, because underscore told me we had the best team in the league, we had a better team and better players than rangers and hearts. I asked him why they were not winning the league when this was the case, he did not think the team needed built, he stated we had better players.

You really need to read all the post you have answered, not just the little bit you quoted.

bingo70
07-12-2014, 05:42 PM
It's just a bit over the top bingo. Handling gets a dedicated thread after a loss with folk queueing up to put the boot in. Stanton is now getting written off. We have all seen what he is capable of.

We can't afford experience in every position so need to use these players and they are nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

By the same token though any half decent performance gets exaggerated to something far better than it was as people are desperate to see our youngsters break through and make an impact.

Clutching at straws though with some of our youngsters but especially with handling imo.

HoboHarry
07-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Errrr i asked why we are not wining the league, because underscore told me we had the best team in the league, we had a better team and better players than rangers and hearts. I asked him why they were not winning the league when this was the case, he did not think the team needed built, he stated we had better players.

You really need to read all the post you have answered, not just the little bit you quoted.
Ok never mind that my answer was a valid one. I will leave you to try and pick arguments on an anonymous internet forum. Seems like a waste of a Sunday afternoon to me but each to their own I guess.

brog
07-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Nobody said it was. He's a contributing factor though, along with others in that team.

You didn't start a thread about others though did you? You started a thread about Handling alone which would suggest you think he was the main factor in yesterday's result. It's beyond my comprehension why Hibs fans start threads of this nature about young players, I also despair at some of the comments about Cummings & the team in general. TB left us in a shambles which AS is IMO doing a decent job in trying to change. We were without 5 players yesterday who would have started the game if available. Better teams than our current one have lost at Falkirk.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Ok never mind that my answer was a valid one. I will leave you to try and pick arguments on an anonymous internet forum. Seems like a waste of a Sunday afternoon to me but each to their own I guess.

:faf: running away with your tail between your legs because you got it wrong. :dummytit:

Mikey
07-12-2014, 05:47 PM

We're not going to have a situation where a poster is pursued around hibs.net just because his prediction that Hibs would win the league looks unlikely. It's not his fault and we're not having users harangued for showing a bit of positivity.

Mikey
07-12-2014, 05:48 PM
:faf: running away with your tail between your legs because you got it wrong. :dummytit:

You need to up your game here BH.

bingo70
07-12-2014, 05:49 PM
You didn't start a thread about others though did you? You started a thread about Handling alone which would suggest you think he was the main factor in yesterday's result. It's beyond my comprehension why Hibs fans start threads of this nature about young players, I also despair at some of the comments about Cummings & the team in general. TB left us in a shambles which AS is IMO doing a decent job in trying to change. We were without 5 players yesterday who would have started the game if available. Better teams than our current one have lost at Falkirk.

Against this falkirk team who was better than us but lost?

The rangers and hearts both won there.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 05:50 PM
We're not going to have a situation where a poster is pursued around hibs.net just because his prediction that Hibs would win the league looks unlikely. It's not his fault and we're not having users harangued for showing a bit of positivity.

Mikey this is underscore and me, we have a bit of fun between the two of us about predictions. We have even had bets on things that have even made the ladies team some money.

We i have a good relationship about this, and its just banter and mickey taking thats never taken seriously.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 05:52 PM
You need to up your game here BH.

In what way, he quoted a small part of my post thats been taken completely out of the context of what was written?:confused:

easty
07-12-2014, 05:53 PM
We were without 5 players yesterday who would have started the game if available. Better teams than our current one have lost at Falkirk.

This is just the same sort of crap I kept reading on here after we drew with QOTS the other week.

The same QOTS side who Hearts pumped 4-1 yesterday, when Hearts were without thier first choice 2 strikers (Sow and El Hassathingy, and Gomis was out). Christ they started with some lad I'd never heard of up front!

Hermit Crab
07-12-2014, 05:54 PM

Who?

Handling and cummings were poor again yesterday. They are consistenly poor, except handling makes more mistakes which lets the opposition in and gives them chances. His body language says he's not bothered.

HoboHarry
07-12-2014, 05:55 PM
What was it that I got wrong?

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 05:58 PM
What was it that I got wrong?

Read what i asked underscore, its that simple really.

SneakersO'Toole
07-12-2014, 05:58 PM

Hearts had 6 pre-season signings in their first eleven yesterday. And that is without Sow, Gomis and El-Hassnoui who arguably all first team picks.

They have just as much a new team this year as Hibs.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2014, 05:59 PM
This is just the same sort of crap I kept reading on here after we drew with QOTS the other week.

The same QOTS side who Hearts pumped 4-1 yesterday, when Hearts were without thier first choice 2 strikers (Sow and El Hassathingy, and Gomis was out). Christ they started with some lad I'd never heard of up front!

Correct. Hearts have pumped every team home and away except us and dumbarton, without their full team in some of these games. Yet we struggle to draw with some of these teams!!

HibbyAndy
07-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Danny Handling. Id let this kid go for free in the summer, I know he's signed a new contract for a few years but this lad just doesn't cut it for me. Id Let Harris go in the summer too.

Sooner we get rid of the dead wood the better.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Danny Handling. Id let this kid go for free in the summer, I know he's signed a new contract for a few years but this lad just doesn't cut it for me. Id Let Harris go in the summer too.

Sooner we get rid of the dead wood the better.

A tin hat may be required Andy. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-12-2014, 06:10 PM
A tin hat may be required Andy. :greengrin

Ill keep it oan:greengrin

In all seriousness though the guy contributes absolute ****all and if hibs fans can't see it more fool them, He's honking!

Hermit Crab
07-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Ill keep it oan:greengrin

In all seriousness though the guy contributes absolute ****all and if hibs fans can't see it more fool them, He's honking!

I agree. Still getting stick for starting this thread though. I'd be looking at punting Cummings as well. Mulhal will hopefully force his way into the team when he's fit giving us another option up front.

SneakersO'Toole
07-12-2014, 06:22 PM
I agree. Still getting stick for starting this thread though. I'd be looking at punting Cummings as well. Mulhal will hopefully force his way into the team when he's fit giving us another option up front.

Handling I agree with but I think you are being harsh with Cummings. He has managed to get amongst the goals this season and is still very young and raw. But he has potential IMO.

HibbyAndy
07-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Handling I agree with but I think you are being harsh with Cummings. He has managed to get amongst the goals this season and is still very young and raw. But he has potential IMO.

I like JC, This kid can make the grade IMO..Cheeky wee eye for goal and a bit self arrogance so what, He'l make it.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2014, 06:29 PM

I hear what you're saying but yesterday he was poor hooked at halftime, and he's very greedy when he gets the ball, needs to be more of a team player for me. Point taken about him being young and raw and hopefully he proves me wrong.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2014, 06:37 PM
I hear what you're saying but yesterday he was poor hooked at halftime, and he's very greedy when he gets the ball, needs to be more of a team player for me. Point taken about him being young and raw and hopefully he proves me wrong.

I've stuck up for Cummings a bit in the last few weeks but he was like a wee lost boy yesterday. Poor first touch. Bullied by centre halves. And like you say, I thought he was a bit greedy at times on the few occasions he did have the ball in a decent position.

Despite that, I'm still not ready to write him off. It's his first full season in the first team, he's chipped in with a few goals. I think he needs a seat back on the bench for a spell. The fact he's played as much shows how bad the likes of Heffernan is. For me there is still something to work with there. Something I dont seen in the likes of Handling.

macd123
07-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Absolutely. He was 17 and playing up front as well. A complete standout.

As for Whittaker, defending was a bit ropey but he was miles better than Handling

Whittaker was so good him and riordan almost earned a move to inverness in return for bobby mann!

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Whittaker was so good him and riordan almost earned a move to inverness in return for bobby mann!

A Myth.

easty
07-12-2014, 08:25 PM

Was that the same season St Mirren almost got Ronaldinho on loan?

macd123
07-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Was that the same season St Mirren almost got Ronaldinho on loan?

They opted for ross caldwell instead

brog
08-12-2014, 07:56 PM

You'll probably be starting a derogatory thread about Mulhall a few weeks after his debut if he's not scoring every week. :wink: Seriously, you posted that IIRC, Handling was a contributory factor to our defeat but others were also poor. Essentially I agree with that statement, my question then was why did you start a thread headed Handling? Why pick on one of our youngest players when you agree that others, more experienced were equally poor? Maybe it's an age thing, I note that older posters such as myself tend not to be so vociferous in our criticism of individual players, possibly because we've seen a lot more honking Hibs players than most netters!

ancient hibee
08-12-2014, 07:58 PM
You'll probably be starting a derogatory thread about Mulhall a few weeks after his debut if he's not scoring every week. :wink: Seriously, you posted that IIRC, Handling was a contributory factor to our defeat but others were also poor. Essentially I agree with that statement, my question then was why did you start a thread headed Handling? Why pick on one of our youngest players when you agree that others, more experienced were equally poor? Maybe it's an age thing, I note that older posters such as myself tend not to be so vociferous in our criticism of individual players, possibly because we've seen a lot more honking Hibs players than most netters!

:top marks

JimBHibees
08-12-2014, 08:01 PM

Couldn't agree more.

bingo70
08-12-2014, 08:26 PM

It's probably because handling consistently offers very little.

If he played well more often then people would cut him more slack when he had an off day.

If mullhall is still offering next to nothing after the same number of games that handling has played then he'll get criticism too, as would all players regardless of age.

Kato
08-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Haven't read most of this thread, but really. Is there any need?

bingo70
08-12-2014, 08:31 PM

To discuss a players performance on a hibs messageboard?

What else are we meant to discuss?

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2014, 08:34 PM

What things should we discuss on here, should there be things that shouldn't be talked about? It might not be pretty, but i'm pretty sure the same things are spoken about in the pubs and work places every week and this is just an extention of that.

Alfred E Newman
08-12-2014, 09:25 PM
What things should we discuss on here, should there be things that shouldn't be talked about? It might not be pretty, but i'm pretty sure the same things are spoken about in the pubs and work places every week and this is just an extention of that.

You are probably right and a good percentage of the stuff is absolute rubbish. The difference between the pub and on here though is that the pub discussion maybe reaches the ears of one or two people. On here it is broadcast to a couple of thousand and more than likely the players as well if they are daft enough to log on.

H18Y GW
08-12-2014, 09:51 PM
You are probably right and a good percentage of the stuff is absolute rubbish. The difference between the pub and on here though is that the pub discussion maybe reaches the ears of one or two people. On here it is broadcast to a couple of thousand and more than likely the players as well if they are daft enough to log on.

So the bottom line ,Handling is doing well ,nothing to see,dump the thread.

Hermit Crab
08-12-2014, 10:15 PM

I hope the players do log on. It might open their eyes a bit! 5 wins out of 16 might be good enough for them but not for us.

Winston Ingram
08-12-2014, 10:16 PM

I can't see the problem. The 1000 or so are in agreement it's only a few that are saying he's doing ok.

matty_f
08-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Danny definitely has to up his game if he's going to make it at Hibs. There are a few players in the team just now (at least, they're getting a game because others are out) that are contributing very little on a match day.
Some of them are our younger players and while I feel for them, ultimately my primary concern is seeing a winning Hibs team.
Stanton, Harris, Handling, and to an extent Cummings have all fallen short of the standards required this season. Stanton gets some slack because he was good last season but that goodwill will only last so long.
These players (along with senior players at times) can coast 90 minutes of first team football and have no discernible impact on the game. You would be hard pushed to notice they are on the pitch at times. Harsh, but IMHO true.

I said at the end of last season that hibs had to be ruthless with players that weren't cutting it but we are having to field players that don't influence games and it's costing us wins and points.

They have potential, and that potential might be worth sticking with them for, but they are running out of time to realise that potential. Other clubs are playing younger players who seem to cope alright, so it's time these boys stepped up their game.

macd123
09-12-2014, 12:22 AM
Danny definitely has to up his game if he's going to make it at Hibs. There are a few players in the team just now (at least, they're getting a game because others are out) that are contributing very little on a match day.
Some of them are our younger players and while I feel for them, ultimately my primary concern is seeing a winning Hibs team.
Stanton, Harris, Handling, and to an extent Cummings have all fallen short of the standards required this season. Stanton gets some slack because he was good last season but that goodwill will only last so long.
These players (along with senior players at times) can coast 90 minutes of first team football and have no discernible impact on the game. You would be hard pushed to notice they are on the pitch at times. Harsh, but IMHO true.

I said at the end of last season that hibs had to be ruthless with players that weren't cutting it but we are having to field players that don't influence games and it's costing us wins and points.

They have potential, and that potential might be worth sticking with them for, but they are running out of time to realise that potential. Other clubs are playing younger players who seem to cope alright, so it's time these boys stepped up their game.

Which clubs in the championship are playing youngsters who are coping well? Rangers have one (macleod). Hearts? They were forced to play youngsters all last season who were out of their depth. They had to persevere though until they started to do well at the end of the season. But they did persevere.

We have a tiny squad so guys like cummings are needed every week while malonga and farid are out. I don't think handling deserves to be singled out this year. Maybe we should be looking harder at the senior players.

Turkish Green
09-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Which clubs in the championship are playing youngsters who are coping well? Rangers have one (macleod). Hearts? They were forced to play youngsters all last season who were out of their depth. They had to persevere though until they started to do well at the end of the season. But they did persevere.

We have a tiny squad so guys like cummings are needed every week while malonga and farid are out. I don't think handling deserves to be singled out this year. Maybe we should be looking harder at the senior players.
i agree. Why are we criticising the young players who are still learning the game. Young players are inconsistent at most clubs including at Hearts.

Cummings is just 19, signed from Hutchie and rushed into the team due to injuries and a shortage of forwards. He should be learning the trade with the U20s instead of being thrust into the first team and expected to score goals every game.

if we must criticise players them pick on those senior players that just do not pull their weight week after week.

Thecat23
09-12-2014, 02:00 AM

I think it's maybe because the older lads don't play bad almost every week? I like Cummings and feel he will play an important part for the club. Harris and Handling I don't think will make it. There is nothing wrong with posters on here posting their opinions on players. Young or old if your not good enough people will call you on it. Handling has been very poor in a league he should find easier. So for me how many chances does he get?

Folk comparing Hearts youngsters to ours is daft. They played against better teams last year and this year are showing they are better than all other championship clubs by hammering them. We can't even beat half these sides so the facts are pretty clear. Hibs have players who wouldn't be near this club or even the first 11 but because of bad coaching and managerial appointments we find ourselves playing catch up.

It's a shame for the young boys and what I don't agree with is personal abuse, but voicing concern over the ability to move us forward as a club is fine by me. Really hope all the young guys turn a corner so we can be praising them not saying how bad they played!!

macd123
09-12-2014, 04:28 AM
I think it's maybe because the older lads don't play bad almost every week? I like Cummings and feel he will play an important part for the club. Harris and Handling I don't think will make it. There is nothing wrong with posters on here posting their opinions on players. Young or old if your not good enough people will call you on it. Handling has been very poor in a league he should find easier. So for me how many chances does he get?

Folk comparing Hearts youngsters to ours is daft. They played against better teams last year and this year are showing they are better than all other championship clubs by hammering them. We can't even beat half these sides so the facts are pretty clear. Hibs have players who wouldn't be near this club or even the first 11 but because of bad coaching and managerial appointments we find ourselves playing catch up.

It's a shame for the young boys and what I don't agree with is personal abuse, but voicing concern over the ability to move us forward as a club is fine by me. Really hope all the young guys turn a corner so we can be praising them not saying how bad they played!!

Cat, the point about hearts is it took 2/3rds of season playing EVERY week before they got near the right level. That's why they are doing ok now.

Fwiw i think handling's future will be playing in front of the back 4. We will find out in good time.

Thecat23
09-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Cat, the point about hearts is it took 2/3rds of season playing EVERY week before they got near the right level. That's why they are doing ok now.

Fwiw i think handling's future will be playing in front of the back 4. We will find out in good time.

That's where I think we'd see the better of him. He's no good at all in midfield. But as you say we will find out in due time!

smurf
09-12-2014, 09:47 AM

Well said. Unfortunately I reckon only Stanton will come good.

brog
09-12-2014, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Thecat23;4244702]I think it's maybe because the older lads don't play bad almost every week? I like Cummings and feel he will play an important part for the club. Harris and Handling I don't think will make it. There is nothing wrong with posters on here posting their opinions on players. Young or old if your not good enough people will call you on it. Handling has been very poor in a league he should find easier. So for me how many chances does he get?

Cat, I don't have a problem with players being criticised, although I tend to reserve my criticisms for lack of effort (stand up OTJ) rather than lack of ability. I do have a problem with Hibs supporters starting threads which name 1 player only, & yes I do think its worse when its a young, unproven player. In the recent past, IIRC there have been threads specifically started to post negative comments re Hanlon, Stevenson, Craig, Robertson, Cummings & Harris, & that's just off the top of my head! We're all supposed to be Hibs Fans, though I have serious doubts about some on here. Does anyone really think it helps a player, & particularly a young one, to start a negative thread about that player?
Oh, & there were comments on here about Scott Brown (who I greatly admire). In Scotty's first full season he started 38 games, playing mostly up front & scored 4 goals. If that was now there would be a queue of experts on here writing him off in December.

we are hibs
10-12-2014, 08:30 AM
The problem with him is that there is no consistency. He has the ability but he very rarely shows it.

happiehibbie
10-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Handling just check his hair after every game never out off place

there is an image of the Falkirk goal he looks like he has stepped out of Burton's window :)

But Stubbs is playing him gave him 4 years so they must see something we don't he even got in the Under 21 squad .

I hope he comes good as I want Hibs to excel but I can see it

GreenArmy1875
14-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Scored and created. Well done Danny

Hermit Crab
14-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Got a goal, I'll give him that but his performance was still lacking.

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2014, 10:25 AM

Stop moaning FFS!

happiehibbie
14-12-2014, 10:26 AM
He scored does not mean you played well in the first 15 mins he had 3from 10 passes the ones he did make where side ways less than 15 yards I want more from my team but as I have said Stubbs must see something

Hermit Crab
14-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Stop moaning FFS!

Opinion not a moan.

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Opinin not a moan.

:tee hee:

inglisavhibs
14-12-2014, 11:17 AM

The young guys who we all hoped would become regulars have mostly disappointed. Harris has gone backwards after hs injury and to me he still doesn't appear to be running freely. Stanton I thought would be a regular by now but it hasn't happened yet. Stil got a bit of hope on this one.Handling is playing regularly but I am not sure why. I have said on here many times he just doesn't pose teams enough problems. He seems to think coming short and playing it back to where it came from is him doing his job. He needs to play and move a lot more and vary his play by running long a bit more. Although he scored yesterday his performance was very poor, and no suprise to see him hooked. Cummings still gives me hope, yes he missed a few chances yesterday but he comes back for more and is always hungry for goals. At his age and playing in the hardest position he has done pretty well. Overall we are looking for much more hunger and desire (excluding Cummings) from these young lads and indeed our more experienced players. Stopping playing five minutes from the end against an Alloa teàm who were out on their knees is indicative of our mental attitude just now.

snooky
14-12-2014, 11:33 AM
The young guys who we all hoped would become regulars have mostly disappointed. Harris has gone backwards after hs injury and to me he still doesn't appear to be running freely. Stanton I thought would be a regular by now but it hasn't happened yet. Stil got a bit of hope on this one.Handling is playing regularly but I am not sure why. I have said on here many times he just doesn't pose teams enough problems. He seems to think coming short and playing it back to where it came from is him doing his job. He needs to play and move a lot more and vary his play by running long a bit more. Although he scored yesterday his performance was very poor, and no suprise to see him hooked. Cummings still gives me hope, yes he missed a few chances yesterday but he comes back for more and is always hungry for goals. At his age and playing in the hardest position he has done pretty well. Overall we are looking for much more hunger and desire (excluding Cummings) from these young lads and indeed our more experienced players. Stopping playing five minutes from the end against an Alloa teàm who were out on their knees is indicative of our mental attitude just now.

Exactimondo. :agree:

matty_f
14-12-2014, 11:42 AM

I'd agree with that post save for the last part. I thought it showed an astute mental attitude to just close the game out and make sure of the three points. The Rangers were cruising at 2-0 up against Alloa with ten minutes to go and ended up losing the match. Even if it's not exciting for those five minutes, I'm much happier having 3 points in the bag than not. Fair enough, we could have nicked another goal in the last couple of minutes, but we didn't need to take any risks - we just needed to win.

Winston Ingram
14-12-2014, 12:00 PM

Agreed. I don't know wtf they were smoking in the sponsors lounge

Hermit Crab
14-12-2014, 12:38 PM

Whoever picked the motm needs their heed looked at.

green day
14-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Anyone remember how much pelters Steven Fletcher used to get as a young player?

Sometimes it takes time. We build them up as world beaters then call them for everything when they turn out not to be the new Messi.

marinello59
14-12-2014, 12:45 PM

I'd disagree. There were other contenders for MOTM but Handling was one of the better players yesterday.

happiehibbie
14-12-2014, 01:24 PM
I'd disagree. There were other contenders for MOTM but Handling was one of the better players yesterday.

Really !!!

Evergreen86
14-12-2014, 01:28 PM

I don't know what match you were watching? Ok, he got a goal (a six yard tap in) but he was woeful....I cannot see what he brings yet he starts and gets hooked every week.......

Scott Allan again was head and shoulders above anyone yesterday.....best player there has been at ER in many a moon IMO

matty_f
14-12-2014, 01:34 PM

I'd disagree with that, he was in the right place for his goal and deserves credit for that, however he rarely influenced the game other than that. He wasn't bad, but certainly not one of the best.

Hermit Crab
14-12-2014, 01:35 PM

Thats your opinion and that's fair enough but I think it's rubbish. Sorry.

marinello59
14-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Thats your opinion and that's fair enough but I think it's rubbish. Sorry.

No need to apologise, it's only opinions.
But I'm right and everybody else here is wrong.:greengrin

Hermit Crab
14-12-2014, 01:45 PM

Ah, the old "I'm an admin and what I say goes or you're band" trick. :greengrin

marinello59
14-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Ah, the old "I'm an admin and what I say goes or you're band" trick. :greengrin

Exactly. You have five minutes to say your goodbyes.:greengrin

Hermit Crab
14-12-2014, 01:55 PM

If I was ever to be an admin I wouldnt abuse the power. :whistle:

Winston Ingram
14-12-2014, 01:58 PM

It was a trademark Handling performance. Anonymous

truehibernian
14-12-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm a broken record on here regards my view on Danny, I think he is a superb footballer - he's actually becoming more resilient and one of the few younger players who despite criticism, always plays with his head up and tries to be involved.

His 'position' and split opinion amongst fans reminds me very much of Jordan Henderson at L'pool - a lad who for me wasn't as good as cracked up to be but still a very very good football player - had a really poor couple of seasons, injuries, fans simply didn't rate or want him. But then under Rodgers he started to show what he was all about and last season he was a mainstay and cog in the L'pool wheel.

Sometimes a good manager gets the best from a good player - I think Stubbs and Danny are a good combination and he will come good.

For me he is still a striker though. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2014, 02:08 PM
I don't know what match you were watching? Ok, he got a goal (a six yard tap in) but he was woeful....I cannot see what he brings yet he starts and gets hooked every week.......

Scott Allan again was head and shoulders above anyone yesterday.....best player there has been at ER in many a moon IMO

I don't know what match you were watching.

Picking mom yesterday was a thankless task! The boys admitted he chose handling cos his daughter fancies him. Fair enough - it's not like there were any other contenders.

lord bunberry
14-12-2014, 02:17 PM
I don't know what match you were watching.

Picking mom yesterday was a thankless task! The boys admitted he chose handling cos his daughter fancies him. Fair enough - it's not like there were any other contenders.
How do you know that his daughter doesn't fancy any other players?

silverhibee
14-12-2014, 02:28 PM

That was me.

Fully deserved.

silverhibee
14-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Really !!!

Yes. Really.

silverhibee
14-12-2014, 02:30 PM

I'm with you. :thumbsup:

Alfred E Newman
14-12-2014, 02:31 PM

MoM in the Sunday Post. :dunno:

silverhibee
14-12-2014, 02:31 PM

Jack
14-12-2014, 02:32 PM
How do you know that his daughter doesn't fancy any other players?

She does but they're married :-)

Alfred E Newman
14-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Anyone remember how much pelters Steven Fletcher used to get as a young player?

Sometimes it takes time. We build them up as world beaters then call them for everything when they turn out not to be the new Messi.

Seems to be the Hibs way.

lord bunberry
14-12-2014, 02:34 PM
She does but they're married :-)

:faf:

macd123
14-12-2014, 03:23 PM
I'm a broken record on here regards my view on Danny, I think he is a superb footballer - he's actually becoming more resilient and one of the few younger players who despite criticism, always plays with his head up and tries to be involved.

His 'position' and split opinion amongst fans reminds me very much of Jordan Henderson at L'pool - a lad who for me wasn't as good as cracked up to be but still a very very good football player - had a really poor couple of seasons, injuries, fans simply didn't rate or want him. But then under Rodgers he started to show what he was all about and last season he was a mainstay and cog in the L'pool wheel.

Sometimes a good manager gets the best from a good player - I think Stubbs and Danny are a good combination and he will come good.

For me he is still a striker though. :greengrin

:top marks

snooky
14-12-2014, 03:36 PM
MoM in the Sunday Post. :dunno:

The Sunday Post? That 'weakly' Encyclopedia of Knowledge.

Reminds me of the wee girl who wrote in to the Melody Maker defending Monkee Davy Jones' ability as a musician by claiming that he was a brilliant maracas player.

(Nothing personal MB. I just don't like the SP :greengrin)

Smartie
14-12-2014, 03:49 PM
I was watching him quite closely yesterday.

Whilst it wasn't a masterclass and I was surprised that he got motm I think he made a serious impact on the game.

First - credit to him for getting into position to get his goal. Great anticipation and exactly what we've lacked at times. Against Qots shots weren't being followed up and the game petered out into a dull 0-0.

He made several key passes in the final third. He found positions just off the front 2 to play passes through. He put Malonga in 1 on 1 with the keeper1st half and the keeper did well to come off his line and save. He put Cummings through on his right foot early 2nd half and what should have been a clear cut chance fizzled out as he dithered trying to get it onto his left side. On another day that could have been 2 assists to add to his goal.

Just before Gray went off Handling played an exquisite wee ball in between the CB and FB for him and again cut their defence open.

These balls didn't lead to goals but could/ should have if only our strikers weren't out of sorts.

Yes, he gave ball away from time to time, was sometimes muscled off the ball but that's going to happen.

He made the most significant contribution in the final 3rd yesterday and was imo the difference between us winning and the game fizzling out into another draw.

So, not a masterclass but a telling contribution - again.

There wasn't a standout motm for me but I'd say Stevenson shaded it. Excellent at LB and made a very decent effort on the right even though he can't be too comfortable there. Although had Gray lasted the 90 he would have probably earned it.

Winston Ingram
14-12-2014, 04:52 PM
That was me.

Fully deserved.

Cheers SH. Almost the entire South Stand let out a hearty chuckle when it was announced

snooky
14-12-2014, 04:56 PM

Whilst it wasn't a masterclass and I was surprised that he got motm I think he made a serious impact on the game.

First - credit to him for getting into position to get his goal. Great anticipation and exactly what we've lacked at times. Against Qots shots weren't being followed up and the game petered out into a dull 0-0.

He made several key passes in the final third. He found positions just off the front 2 to play passes through. He put Malonga in 1 on 1 with the keeper1st half and the keeper did well to come off his line and save. He put Cummings through on his right foot early 2nd half and what should have been a clear cut chance fizzled out as he dithered trying to get it onto his left side. On another day that could have been 2 assists to add to his goal.

Just before Gray went off Handling played an exquisite wee ball in between the CB and FB for him and again cut their defence open.

These balls didn't lead to goals but could/ should have if only our strikers weren't out of sorts.

Yes, he gave ball away from time to time, was sometimes muscled off the ball but that's going to happen.

He made the most significant contribution in the final 3rd yesterday and was imo the difference between us winning and the game fizzling out into another draw.

There wasn't a standout motm for me but I'd say Stevenson shaded it. Excellent at LB and made a very decent effort on the right even though he can't be too comfortable there. Although had Gray lasted the 90 he would have probably earned it.

:top marks Good stuff, Smartie. Enjoyed your observations & comments.

ballengeich
14-12-2014, 05:22 PM
:top marks Good stuff, Smartie. Enjoyed your observations & comments.

Agreed. I thought Handling was very good yesterday, but some people are only interested in looking for mistakes from him.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-12-2014, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=Thecat23;4244702]I think it's maybe because the older lads don't play bad almost every week? I like Cummings and feel he will play an important part for the club. Harris and Handling I don't think will make it. There is nothing wrong with posters on here posting their opinions on players. Young or old if your not good enough people will call you on it. Handling has been very poor in a league he should find easier. So for me how many chances does he get?

Cat, I don't have a problem with players being criticised, although I tend to reserve my criticisms for lack of effort (stand up OTJ) rather than lack of ability. I do have a problem with Hibs supporters starting threads which name 1 player only, & yes I do think its worse when its a young, unproven player. In the recent past, IIRC there have been threads specifically started to post negative comments re Hanlon, Stevenson, Craig, Robertson, Cummings & Harris, & that's just off the top of my head! We're all supposed to be Hibs Fans, though I have serious doubts about some on here. Does anyone really think it helps a player, & particularly a young one, to start a negative thread about that player?
Oh, & there were comments on here about Scott Brown (who I greatly admire). In Scotty's first full season he started 38 games, playing mostly up front & scored 4 goals. If that was now there would be a queue of experts on here writing him off in December.

Can anyone from the Hibs list era recall if we were so quick to turn esp on the young ones?

I don't believe we did.

Therefore I believe this phenomenon (coming down heavily on what IS our future) down to yams, trolls, ignorance or buying too much into the Big Brotheresque booing just to get a reaction.

Thecat23
14-12-2014, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=brog;4244894]

Can anyone from the Hibs list era recall if we were so quick to turn esp on the young ones?

I don't believe we did.

Therefore I believe this phenomenon (coming down heavily on what IS our future) down to yams, trolls, ignorance or buying too much into the Big Brotheresque booing just to get a reaction.

I personally think message boards like these don't help. Back in the day people had opinions but never as widely put out as on message boards!

The booing of players has prob always happened but only by a few. I was surprised to read though some were booing the players for keeping the ball yesterday, that really is just weird!

I don't think there is anything wrong with voicing concerns over players ability as every fan has a voice and these boards are what that's for. I'm no fan of Harris, Handling but always give credit when due. For me Hibs have a pretty poor team over all and it's this decline and lack of quality coming through the ranks past 7 years that's helped us get where we are.

Winston Ingram
14-12-2014, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=brog;4244894]

I don't believe we did.

I don't think it's a case of turning on young ones & it's certainly not quick.

Handling has been in & around the 1st team for 3 seasons now.

If anything he's got quite a bit of leeway because he's come through the youths.

People who've 'turned on him' have done so because he offers very little.

I certainly don't think someone who had been signed to been seen more favourably.

Saying that, I don't hear Handling getting much stick in the stadium. Then again it's very difficult to boo a player if he never has the ball

Stuarty27
14-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I rate handling and thunk he will be a good player.

The problem he has is he does one to two really good things but then gets caught On the ball or plays a misplaced pass.

He needs to be more consistent, but as I have said on a lot of threads before I'd much rather give him and other youngsters the chance to develop than the like of Liam Craig, paul Heffernan etc who ate clearly rubbish

truehibernian
14-12-2014, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=VivaPalmeiras;4248959]

I don't think it's a case of turning on young ones & it's certainly not quick.

Handling has been in & around the 1st team for 3 seasons now.

If anything he's got quite a bit of leeway because he's come through the youths.

People who've 'turned on him' have done so because he offers very little.

I certainly don't think someone who had been signed to been seen more favourably.

Saying that, I don't hear Handling getting much stick in the stadium. Then again it's very difficult to boo a player if he never has the ball

Interesting you say he's been around for 3 seasons - I'd say this is Danny's first proper season under a decent managerial set up, in a side that's growing in confidence little by little - Pat didn't use him correctly, Butcher destroyed confidence in many.

Stubbs is starting to bring Danny on as a player, and it's helped by players like Allan and McGeouch also sharing the creative role. He's added a few goals to his game and we're not halfway into the season yet.

All our youngsters were brought into the first team at the worst possible time - terrible football, uncreative, uninspired and thereafter relegated. One reason the United youngsters flourish is because they play(ed) in a confident, attacking and creative set up.

Hibs were for the last few seasons one of the most boring sides to watch. Not anymore.

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2014, 07:07 PM
I think a lot of the younger players problems with the fans like Handling and the others, is they are compared with Brown Thomson and Whittaker.

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2014, 07:15 PM
I think a lot of the younger players problems with the fans like Handling and the others, is they are compared with Brown Thomson and Whittaker.

True. I also think the youngsters aren't lauded in the same way as someone we've brought in. For example, Boozy always got more praise than the others - had his own song and everything. Same with zemamma.

bingo70
14-12-2014, 07:19 PM

I don't think that's the case.

They don't contribute enough in games, doesn't matter what other young players we've produced in the past

jane_says
14-12-2014, 07:32 PM

That was the pass of the match. Scott Allan made a point of going over to him right after and gave him a high five.

Northernhibee
14-12-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't think that's the case.

They don't contribute enough in games, doesn't matter what other young players we've produced in the past

I think that's very harsh - the youngsters are still learning but Handling is chipping in with the occasional goal and is creating chances.

I like him.

Winston Ingram
14-12-2014, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=Winston Ingram;4248976]

Interesting you say he's been around for 3 seasons - I'd say this is Danny's first proper season under a decent managerial set up, in a side that's growing in confidence little by little - Pat didn't use him correctly, Butcher destroyed confidence in many.

Stubbs is starting to bring Danny on as a player, and it's helped by players like Allan and McGeouch also sharing the creative role. He's added a few goals to his game and we're not halfway into the season yet.

All our youngsters were brought into the first team at the worst possible time - terrible football, uncreative, uninspired and thereafter relegated. One reason the United youngsters flourish is because they play(ed) in a confident, attacking and creative set up.

Hibs were for the last few seasons one of the most boring sides to watch. Not anymore.

It is his 3rd season for Hibs. He's played about 70 games for us. He was used out of position a few times under Fenlon but so are most youngsters when they come come through. He was also played a lot in his correct position.

As for Stubbs bringing him on as a player, he's picking him but I'm not seeing any progress.

ancient hibee
14-12-2014, 07:45 PM
After the Queens game we were all complaining about players not following shots in.Now someone does it and it seems it's no big deal.As I said on another thread John Baxter used to get pelters at ER especially when he first came into the team probably because he wasn't Archie Buchanan or Bobby Combe-some things never change -particularly our ability to have strong different views on players.

bingo70
14-12-2014, 07:46 PM
I think that's very harsh - the youngsters are still learning but Handling is chipping in with the occasional goal and is creating chances.

I like him.

How old is he?

Genuine question by the way, too lazy to look, feels like he's been around for a while.

Jonnyboy
14-12-2014, 07:52 PM
How old is he?

Genuine question by the way, too lazy to look, feels like he's been around for a while.

He'll be 21 in February. Has made 55 appearances but 27 of those have been off the bench. Remember too that he was loaned out to Berwick at one point and scored a few goals for them IIRC

Billy Whizz
14-12-2014, 07:55 PM
He'll be 21 in February. Has made 55 appearances but 27 of those have been off the bench. Remember too that he was loaned out to Berwick at one point and scored a few goals for them IIRC

Jonnyboy, still a kid, and he's also played in about 5/6 positions in the team. I like Danny and I look forward to further development in his game, but I don't really know where his best position is yet

macd123
14-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Cheers SH. Almost the entire South Stand let out a hearty chuckle when it was announced

Ah, you sit in the south stand winston. That explains a lot! :greengrin

bingo70
14-12-2014, 08:13 PM

21 isn't that young in footballing terms. He really needs to start making more of an impact more regularly.

Winston Ingram
14-12-2014, 08:27 PM
As I've said on here before the boy has ability, there's no doubt about it. I do wonder if he's played in the right position. Another poster on here suggested that he saw him as a sitting midfielder & I think there's some mileage in that.

One things for sure is that the team can't continue to carry a player with Handling's level of contribution.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Nurturing our FUTURE takes time, care and attention.
Many have asked what happened to the "conveyer belt" IMO the eye was taken off the ball as the disruption of Collins departure and John Park amongst a revolving door of management it seems eroding standards of professionalism permeated the club. Now of all time surely we need to draw the line and start afresh. There are many sides to nurture it looks like Stubbs is addressing one.

GreenArmy1875
14-12-2014, 10:05 PM
I just dont see whats wrong with Handling dropping deep for the ball and giving it back to the guy who he got it from or making 15 yard passes. He makes a mistake and its picked up on and slagged off for it, Scott Allan who i love btw, had a shocker yesterday by his standards but people still give him high ratings. There is nothing wrong with having players that attempt to keep the ball with easy passes. We lost the ball so many times due to players trying world cup passes. He aint perfect Handling and not everyone's cup of tea but he is a Hibs players who tries his best and in my opinion is deserving off his place in the line up.

Stringer
14-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Always liked him, lacks pace though. Can't quite tell his best position, anywhere behind the lone striker. Needs to stand the defender up more.

Crammond Hibee
14-12-2014, 10:40 PM
I just dont see whats wrong with Handling dropping deep for the ball and giving it back to the guy who he got it from or making 15 yard passes. He makes a mistake and its picked up on and slagged off for it, Scott Allan who i love btw, had a shocker yesterday by his standards but people still give him high ratings. There is nothing wrong with having players that attempt to keep the ball with easy passes. We lost the ball so many times due to players trying world cup passes. He aint perfect Handling and not everyone's cup of tea but he is a Hibs players who tries his best and in my opinion is deserving off his place in the line up.
I agree !