PDA

View Full Version : What funds will Stubbs be given in January?

Diclonius
06-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Will the board deem it not worth it spending money now and allocate the usual pish funds, or try and get a 2nd place charge going and give him some serious money to spend (with a view for building for next season if we fail to go up)? We NEED another striker.

Either way, there is going to be tremendous pressure on this club to WIN the league and comfortably next season.

Greenblood70
06-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Imo he'll maybe bring in a loan player if we're lucky as the board start to make budget cuts for another season in this division.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
06-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Imo he'll maybe bring in a loan player if we're lucky as the board start to make budget cuts for another season in this division.

Christ we must've got beat the day?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-12-2014, 04:02 PM
We're skint.

Greenblood70
06-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Do you think we'll spend like Meh? Nothing I've seen so far leads me to think they will. I also don't think we will go up, the squad is paper thin and injuries and suspensions costs us points.

Bobby's Cinema
06-12-2014, 04:05 PM
It's shown itself in the game against QOTS and again today, the moment we are missing even one or two players, we are left with the nucleus of the squad that took us down, and it's not enough. I still resent the fact we headed in to this season in this way.

There's no doubt the style has changed for the better, but the results aren't there as they should be.

We need to bring in winners. Where you find those in our position, I've no idea.

People will say we are hysterical after one defeat, but that is the reality. That is the reality of a team fighting to try and win something (allegedly). They always talk about the Old Firm and the pressure to win every week. We don't have that culture. Not a bit of it. Not good enough.

familyman
06-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Will the board deem it not worth it spending money now and allocate the usual pish funds, or try and get a 2nd place charge going and give him some serious money to spend (with a view for building for next season if we fail to go up)? We NEED another striker.

Either way, there is going to be tremendous pressure on this club to WIN the league and comfortably next season.
Falkirk no disrespect to them but as a Capital club y et again we see from Hibs you get what you pay for ,Petrie hanging on how on earth can that be...it is beyond belief .
you are already talking about waiting till next season like you I am disgusted and remember what we have all been through last year..it is a disgrace the club needs sold and fast no doubt at all a change of mind set is LONG OVERDUE, internal reshuffle is all very well but sadly despite all that hard work there remains a BASIC problem at easter road and we need that finally sorted out ..Buy Hibs at least recognise that..

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Players like Heff we need to get off our wage bill, does nothing and costs us a fortune. And he's murder.

Matty_Jack04
06-12-2014, 04:07 PM
How many strikers do we need? We'll have farid back shortly, I think we need a bit of steel in the middle much more and we're lacking quality in midfield IMO, relying heavily on Allan someone else with creativity would help us open teams up better instead of running out of ideas when teams set up defensively

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 04:21 PM
I reckon we'll be scrapping about for loan deals on 31/1 and for the best of the "no one wanted them" pool on 1/2.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 04:25 PM
What is the point in worrying anymore? :yawn:

SteveHFC
06-12-2014, 04:25 PM
I reckon we'll be scrapping about for loan deals on 31/1 and for the best of the "no one wanted them" pool on 1/2.

:agree:

SaulGoodman
06-12-2014, 04:28 PM

Like we done in the summer then??

Aw.

SteveHFC
06-12-2014, 04:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lXheAcY.jpg

We'll sign Griffiths in January and we'll be fine

Keith_M
06-12-2014, 04:34 PM
He said on Friday that he expected 3 to 4 new signings.

No idea how much money that is.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Like we done in the summer then??

Aw.

Yeah.

Pete
06-12-2014, 04:35 PM

Exactly. Worrying is negative. His signings so far have been pretty decent so I'm confident we'll get decent additions in January.

SaulGoodman
06-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Yeah.

I don't think that's what we've done, but don't let that get in the way.

SaulGoodman
06-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Exactly. Worrying is negative. His signings so far have been pretty decent so I'm confident we'll get decent additions in January.

Your comment's too logical. Bear in mind we got beat tonight, please adjust your mindset accordingly

Pete
06-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Your comment's too logical. Bear in mind we got beat tonight, please adjust your mindset accordingly

But but but look how far off the top of the league we are. We are all moaning for a good reason.

Where was all this moaning when we were only a mere 16 points behind Hearts?

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 04:45 PM
I don't think that's what we've done, but don't let that get in the way.

We signed Allan and Gray permanently. Fontaine as well - on deadline day.

Kennedy, McGeough, Sinclair, Oxley on loan.

Malonga from the bargain bin.

Who did I miss?

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 04:48 PM

Who did I miss?

The same ones every manager seems to miss, those that take us into a position where we are punching our weight in the backwater we call Scottish football.

Keith_M
06-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Who did I miss?

Farid El Alagui

Yeah and that's been such a disaster, hasn't it.

:faf:

SaulGoodman
06-12-2014, 04:49 PM

Who did I miss?

El Alagui.

We had no option but to sign Malonga from this so called "bargain bin" I don't know if you recall but Alagui got injured once the window had closed. And for being a "bargain bin" player he's certainly done well.

Allan is a great signing, as is Gray.

Let's not forget the summer we've had, sacking our manager (who's wages we're still paying) and bringing in a whole new team of backroom staff. I can let them off with the loans and fully expect to see a few new signings in January.

Anyway carry on with your needless bashing

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Yeah and that's been such a disaster, hasn't it.

:faf:

Did I say that? Decent scoring record compared to the others.

stoneyburn hibs
06-12-2014, 04:51 PM

Your right, a top four place is inevitable, as is getting papped out in the play offs to whoever. Nothing is a surprise now.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 04:51 PM
El Alagui.

We had no option but to sign Malonga from this so called "bargain bin" I don't know if you recall but Alagui got injured once the window had closed. And for being a "bargain bin" player he's certainly done well.

Allan is a great signing, as is Gray.

Let's not forget the summer we've had, sacking our manager (who's wages we're still paying) and bringing in a whole new team of backroom staff. I can let them off with the loans and fully expect to see a few new signings in January.

Anyway carry on with your needless bashing

Where did I say they were bad signings?

I said we'd be getting loan deals in at the last minute and scrapping about in the no one wanted them pile like we have been doing since JCs days!

Carry on with the needless twisting of statements to back up your pretend positivity though.

SaulGoodman
06-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Where did I say they were bad signings?

I said we'd be getting loan deals in at the last minute and scrapping about in the no one wanted them pile like we have been doing since JCs days!

Carry on with the needless twisting of statements to back up your pretend positivity though.

Where did you say they were bad signings? Well I'd say the fact you keep talking about these players like we only took them out of panic and because no one else wanted them as quite a harsh statement.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Where did you say they were bad signings? Well I'd say the fact you keep talking about these players like we only took them out of panic and because no one else wanted them as quite a harsh statement.

But crucially a different statement.

HappyAsHellas
06-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Our signings have been quite impressive so far, and at EM, AS said they were already on the lookout for more players so it doesn't mean we'll be scrabbling about on the last day of January, raking through the bins. Some people on here are so depressing.......

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Our signings have been quite impressive so far, and at EM, AS said they were already on the lookout for more players so it doesn't mean we'll be scrabbling about on the last day of January, raking through the bins. Some people on here are so depressing.......

Just basing it on the experience of the last 7 years and 14 transfer windows.

That's the depressing thing.

HappyAsHellas
06-12-2014, 05:19 PM
But we didn't have the same manager or staff who should run these things properly. This season I believe we have, so therefore look forward with a bit of optimism.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 05:22 PM
But we didn't have the same manager or staff who should run these things properly. This season I believe we have, so therefore look forward with a bit of optimism.

We've had a few though - it's not the managers fault that we go through the process we do. And only one things changed in that area, so hopefully we'll get to see who is running things in January.

Spike Mandela
06-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Not a surprising result today. Never really convinced we had a squad strong enough to consistently go to away games like Falkirk and QOTS and win. The team has improved a little over the season and Stubbs is confident in his ability and has cetainly signed a couple of noteworthy players but results remain average.

The embarrassment of being so far behind Hearts and a truly awful Rangers team is almost starting to wear off as reality of our position kicks in and of course we have long known any notion of winning the league was fanciful. However, we still need to make some decent signings in January as it is becoming clear we have a real job on our hands to secure 4th place.

For too long last year people ignored the real possibility we would slip into relegation bother and this year if significant improvements aren't made we could slip behind Falkirk and the players need to wake up to this.

An improving team finishing the season in 2nd or 3rd could bring crowds back and the playoffs are a certainly exciting fixture but to slowy drift back in to 5th with a lacklustre team and results like today's would see crowds disappear like snow off a dyke.

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 05:32 PM
We need players to move on in Jan for us to make a perm signing as we have zero cash because we are paying of the clown!

loanheadhibby
06-12-2014, 05:37 PM

19 behind hearts and 10 behind rangers suggests otherwise.

silverhibee
06-12-2014, 06:07 PM

STF will dig deep in to his pockets and give stubbs a bucket load of money to bring in more quality in January.

HappyAsHellas
06-12-2014, 06:27 PM

So you think that Gray, Allen, Fontaine, Alagui and Malonga are second rate players?

Smartie
06-12-2014, 06:35 PM
What he gets is anyone's guess.

What he needs is obvious.

What he deserves is a bit of support from us and also from the board to let him make moves.

He has already managed to improve us to a point where our 1st choice team can compete with anyone, possibly outwith Celtic (see the recent Dundee Utd cup game) whilst carrying the odd Handling and Craig who some are still a bit cynical about but may prove to come good.

What he hasn't done is create a squad that has strength in depth in all positions in order to cope with an injury/ suspension/ African Nations Cup crisis. Given the absolute shambles that he inherited there is NO WAY that that could have been expected to have been done in one transfer window. So when we go to difficult places like Falkirk without Forster, McGeoch, Craig, Malonga and Farid (a hell of a spine for a team in our league to have btw) then we are going to struggle.

We can probably get away in most games with having one of Handling, Heffernan, Harris et al in the team. But when you're relying on several of these characters at once then it is simply asking too much (I'd argue that we're expecting a lot of Cummings and Lewis Allan too at this stage in their development). The lack of goals from these players got us relegated last year, they are not good enough but on days like today they are all we've got.

If we're going to go up it is going to be via the playoffs, no doubt about it - get used to that now. We need to have a strong team out in those games to have any chance. If we strengthen the squad depth in January we'll be fine and I'll be confident. If we don't, we'll be keeping our fingers crossed that Malonga, Scott Allan, Paul Hanlon, Lewis Stevenson, Dylan McGeoch and Farid are fit - we might be lucky, we might not.

Stubbs will make more mistakes as the season goes on, and I'd rather he experimented from time to time to find out for sure which players and formations he can trust than play safe all the time. But he must have it figured out by the playoffs. I have a lot of faith in him and it's a long time since I've thought that of a Hibs manager.

Days like today are going to happen. Deal with it. If Stubbs is given a chance to improve the squad in January, days like today will happen less and less. But lets not start wetting the bed every time we have an iffy performance/result.

Bobby's Cinema
06-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Can't agree with that. His signings have helped us to say the least. It just depends on what he will be allowed to bring in

Peevemor
06-12-2014, 07:16 PM
I think Stubbs has shown that he can be trusted to make decent signings. That coupled with the revamped scouting system will influence the board's decision on the budget he'll get in January. Obviously emptying more of the deadwood will help too.

Dalkeith Hibee
06-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Like August he will get very little if anything and expected to get results. Usual pish really. So long as Petrie is involved with the club nothing will change. I actually feel sorry for Stubbs

Deansy
06-12-2014, 08:35 PM
They wouldn't spend in the close-season when it was really needed so there's no danger of them spending mid-season.

Peevemor
06-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Like August he will get very little if anything and expected to get results. Usual pish really. So long as Petrie is involved with the club nothing will change. I actually feel sorry for Stubbs

Here we go again. What's it got to do with him?

Dalkeith Hibee
06-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Here we go again. What's it got to do with him?

So you think Petrie who has shares in the club has no say whatsoever? I dont believe that

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2014, 08:51 PM

What he deserves is a bit of support from us and also from the board to let him make moves.

He has already managed to improve us to a point where our 1st choice team can compete with anyone, possibly outwith Celtic (see the recent Dundee Utd cup game) whilst carrying the odd Handling and Craig who some are still a bit cynical about but may prove to come good.

What he hasn't done is create a squad that has strength in depth in all positions in order to cope with an injury/ suspension/ African Nations Cup crisis. Given the absolute shambles that he inherited there is NO WAY that that could have been expected to have been done in one transfer window. So when we go to difficult places like Falkirk without Forster, McGeoch, Craig, Malonga and Farid (a hell of a spine for a team in our league to have btw) then we are going to struggle.

We can probably get away in most games with having one of Handling, Heffernan, Harris et al in the team. But when you're relying on several of these characters at once then it is simply asking too much (I'd argue that we're expecting a lot of Cummings and Lewis Allan too at this stage in their development). The lack of goals from these players got us relegated last year, they are not good enough but on days like today they are all we've got.

If we're going to go up it is going to be via the playoffs, no doubt about it - get used to that now. We need to have a strong team out in those games to have any chance. If we strengthen the squad depth in January we'll be fine and I'll be confident. If we don't, we'll be keeping our fingers crossed that Malonga, Scott Allan, Paul Hanlon, Lewis Stevenson, Dylan McGeoch and Farid are fit - we might be lucky, we might not.

Stubbs will make more mistakes as the season goes on, and I'd rather he experimented from time to time to find out for sure which players and formations he can trust than play safe all the time. But he must have it figured out by the playoffs. I have a lot of faith in him and it's a long time since I've thought that of a Hibs manager.

Days like today are going to happen. Deal with it. If Stubbs is given a chance to improve the squad in January, days like today will happen less and less. But lets not start wetting the bed every time we have an iffy performance/result.

Good post IMO. A lot of fair points.

Peevemor
06-12-2014, 09:04 PM
So you think Petrie who has shares in the club has no say whatsoever? I dont believe that

He no longer runs the club. The board have already budgeted to run at a loss this season. Petrie's shareholding is irrelevant - he doesn't control the purse strings.

Lee Marvin
06-12-2014, 09:10 PM

Top class post.

The Leith Dutch
06-12-2014, 09:17 PM

Good post this. Can't say I'm not disappointed to be so far adrift of the yams and the rangers as both have profoundly average teams but we can't change what happened last season and there was never going to be a magic wand to wave.

emerald green
06-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Am I correct in thinking AS said he preferred quality signings to quantity? If so, that's good.

However, quality signings usually cost money. Does anyone, other than the board and the head coach, know how much money can be made available to AS to strengthen and improve the first team squad?

Did I not read somewhere that the January transfer window is frequently a bit of a waste of time as far as getting decent players signed is concerned? I could be wrong.

HFC 0-7
06-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Are we still paying butcher? If we are and he gets the well gig we may have money for a permanent signing. Trouble is, January is usually crap for signings. Loans are not the answer, Stubbs won't want to be in a position in the summer that he needs to try and add to the squad at the same time as replace loans.

Eyrie
06-12-2014, 10:14 PM
We know that Stubbs was looking at a Swedish keeper. I wonder if the reference to three or four signings means that we could be picking up some Scandinavian free agents now that their seasons are over?

jacomo
06-12-2014, 10:24 PM
He said on Friday that he expected 3 to 4 new signings.

No idea how much money that is.

does anyone have a proper understanding of what we are spending, and how we compare to others in this division, and what kind of budget might be available in Jan?

Hibs need to spend some money, though.

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 11:22 PM
does anyone have a proper understanding of what we are spending, and how we compare to others in this division, and what kind of budget might be available in Jan?

Hibs need to spend some money, though.

No idea, I do know that we really don't have anything to spend without players moving or so I have been told. Hearts don't have much either but enough to bring in one or two players to cover injuries if needed! They have set themselves up very well for this season as much as it pains to say and they had some cash put aside in case it's needed in jan. We just went round in circles for to long after we went down and the whole thing was a mess.

I believe given half decent money Stubbs will bring in better than we've had in a while and players to play his way. He's done well in my book turning these players into a semi good side. Still a long, long way to go but remember there's players here who are playing better now than under TB and Fenlon. Stevenson has been very good under Stubbs. We just need money though to get the right guys and help Stubbs as it can't be easy for him with this squad.

jacomo
07-12-2014, 06:25 AM
No idea, I do know that we really don't have anything to spend without players moving or so I have been told. Hearts don't have much either but enough to bring in one or two players to cover injuries if needed! They have set themselves up very well for this season as much as it pains to say and they had some cash put aside in case it's needed in jan. We just went round in circles for to long after we went down and the whole thing was a mess.

I believe given half decent money Stubbs will bring in better than we've had in a while and players to play his way. He's done well in my book turning these players into a semi good side. Still a long, long way to go but remember there's players here who are playing better now than under TB and Fenlon. Stevenson has been very good under Stubbs. We just need money though to get the right guys and help Stubbs as it can't be easy for him with this squad.

I agree with all this.

jacomo
07-12-2014, 06:29 AM
He no longer runs the club. The board have already budgeted to run at a loss this season. Petrie's shareholding is irrelevant - he doesn't control the purse strings.

FACT, aye?

How do you know?

Forza Fred
07-12-2014, 06:54 AM
Falkirk no disrespect to them but as a Capital club y et again we see from Hibs you get what you pay for ,Petrie hanging on how on earth can that be...it is beyond belief .
you are already talking about waiting till next season like you I am disgusted and remember what we have all been through last year..it is a disgrace the club needs sold and fast no doubt at all a change of mind set is LONG OVERDUE, internal reshuffle is all very well but sadly despite all that hard work there remains a BASIC problem at easter road and we need that finally sorted out ..Buy Hibs at least recognise that..

So where exactly does he add value to the club?

Forza Fred
07-12-2014, 06:58 AM
We need a few seasoned scrapers who know how to dig in, and don't wilt at the earliest sign of a fight.

I'm afraid many of the current mob turn to water when pressure is applied.

I think Heffernan will be moved on, if anybody is silly enough to take him, and I won't cry if Harris and Handling can be punted. Maybe even Stanton, who is not living up to early promise.

Sorry, I've run out of patience and we need results NOW, not in a year or two.

Aldo
07-12-2014, 07:02 AM
We need a few seasoned scrapers who know how to dig in, and don't wilt at the earliest sign of a fight. I'm afraid many of the current mob turn to water when pressure is applied. I think Heffernan will be moved on, if anybody is silly enough to take him, and I won't cry if Harris and Handling can be punted. Maybe even Stanton, who is not living up to early promise. Sorry, I've run out of patience and we need results NOW, not in a year or two.

Heffernan NEEDS to be moved on. Offers nowt IMHO and hasn't done so for quite a while. I'd rather we played the young lad Lewis Allen than Heff cos at least the young lad will be more mobile and will probably bring more to the team.

JimBHibees
07-12-2014, 07:41 AM

Fantastic post. What he inherited needs to be completely taken into account.

lucky
07-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Most of Subbs signings have been decent. Kennedy and Sinclair are the two which have not paid off but that's the gamble in taking young players on loan. Injuries have not been kind to us but yesterday we had 5 players out which 4 would have been starters, Forster maybe the exception. Yes it's gutting to be out the title race but if it had been Rangers at the top rather than them I doubt we would be as gutted. At the start of the season we were third favourite for the league and that's just about where we are sitting. The play offs were always going to be a lottery but at end of the season we might just put a wee run together and scrape our way up.

Peevemor
07-12-2014, 08:04 AM
FACT, aye?

How do you know?

I can't be bothered ansewring you as you're on some pathetic trip to contradict everything I say.

Boooooooooooooring.

Peevemor
07-12-2014, 08:06 AM
So where exactly does he add value to the club?

Where did I say he did.

southsider
07-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Sorry but players usually sign deals to the summer. All you usually get in the Jan window is players other clubs want to unload. However, AS may, i hope, pull a rabbit out the hat.

Hibeewilly
07-12-2014, 09:38 AM
We need a few seasoned scrapers who know how to dig in, and don't wilt at the earliest sign of a fight.

I'm afraid many of the current mob turn to water when pressure is applied.

I think Heffernan will be moved on, if anybody is silly enough to take him, and I won't cry if Harris and Handling can be punted. Maybe even Stanton, who is not living up to early promise.

Sorry, I've run out of patience and we need results NOW, not in a year or two.
Totally agree with all of that

Keith_M
07-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Did I say that? Decent scoring record compared to the others.

Come off it, you were at it with your 'from the bargain bin' comment and you know it.

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Am I correct in thinking AS said he preferred quality signings to quantity? If so, that's good.

However, quality signings usually cost money. Does anyone, other than the board and the head coach, know how much money can be made available to AS to strengthen and improve the first team squad?

Did I not read somewhere that the January transfer window is frequently a bit of a waste of time as far as getting decent players signed is concerned? I could be wrong.

I think you did, plenty on here at the last January window saying it is not the right time to be bringing in players as there is no decent ones available at that time of year, best waiting until the summer to get the quality in as there is no quality players going about in January, just look at the three flops we brought in at the last January window, and players will just be banging down the door to come play for Hibs in January as well, mid table in the Championship, yep, we are in a great position to be attracting players to the club in January :rolleyes:, only paying players over the top wages for players will get them here, but we don't have much money to spend in January, so you can see where we will be shopping in January.

jacomo
07-12-2014, 01:19 PM
I can't be bothered ansewring you as you're on some pathetic trip to contradict everything I say.

Boooooooooooooring.

Nope, as posted elsewhere I simply have a different opinion to you.

Once again, you have made an assertion as if speaking from a position of authority... 'Petrie no longer holds the purse strings'.

I have challenged you to back that statement up, and once again you've refused to do so.

Have you got anything?

Peevemor
07-12-2014, 02:16 PM

Once again, you have made an assertion as if speaking from a position of authority... 'Petrie no longer holds the purse strings'.

I have challenged you to back that statement up, and once again you've refused to do so.

Have you got anything?

OK. Tell me what money he's meant to spend, or where all this cash is that he isn't allowing to be spent.

sleeping giant
07-12-2014, 02:23 PM
I think you did, plenty on here at the last January window saying it is not the right time to be bringing in players as there is no decent ones available at that time of year, best waiting until the summer to get the quality in as there is no quality players going about in January, just look at the three flops we brought in at the last January window, and players will just be banging down the door to come play for Hibs in January as well, mid table in the Championship, yep, we are in a great position to be attracting players to the club in January :rolleyes:, only paying players over the top wages for players will get them here, but we don't have much money to spend in January, so you can see where we will be shopping in January.

I don't think you said January enough.

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 03:09 PM
I don't think you said January enough.

0-7

Just trying to get the point over that JANUARY isn't the best time to get decent players in. :greengrin

Turkish Green
07-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Players are generally contracted until 30 June. The January window is for clubs with money to BUY players to augment/strengthen their squad or for unattached players (not picked up in the previous summer) to find a club or loan deals for players until the summer.

We can forget about Hibs buying so we are left with cast-offs and loanees.

Stubbs needs an additional striker. Goal scorers by their very nature are prized assets and usually do not come cheap IF they are any good with a proven record.

Personally, I am not hopeful that there will be much improvement to the squad come January. I expect some of the current loan players to leave and news loan players to come in.

i do hope that I am proven wrong.

Smartie
07-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Bearing in mind how far down the football food chain Hibs currently find themselves there will be no shortage of cast-offs from higher up that food chain that should be more than useful to Hibs.

This cannot be allowed to be used as an excuse not to bring players in.

We're not rebuilding an entire squad this time, just supplementing what we have with some much-needed strength in depth.

Mibbes Aye
07-12-2014, 04:32 PM

Have you got anything?

You're asking Peevemor to prove a negative, which isn't really possible, let alone fair.

Why don't you give us the evidence of what he has actually done this season re withholding money from Stubbs, you know, like a fact, as opposed to asking others to prove the absence of something.

HibbyAndy
07-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Nae funds.

Nae funds will catch an automatic promotion place and the squad we have is good enough for top 4 IMO.

What's the fuss like ?

SaulGoodman
07-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Nae funds.

Nae funds will catch an automatic promotion place and the squad we have is good enough for top 4 IMO.

What's the fuss like ?

We got beat on Saturday so naturally we have reverted back into the worst team in the country

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 05:35 PM
We got beat on Saturday so naturally we have reverted back into the worst team in the country

Who has actually said this? :confused:

Cameron1875
07-12-2014, 05:40 PM

That sort of hyperbole doesn't help anyone imo.

SaulGoodman
07-12-2014, 05:41 PM
That sort of hyperbole doesn't help anyone imo.

Ah I see, it's my posts that aren't helping.

IanM
07-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Didn't think this merited a thread of it's own and it's two worthless bits of info but hey ho. Leslie Deans was in hospitality last wknd at the hearts v Celtic game and telling any jambo that would listen that they were coming in for Scott Allen in January. Laughable as it sounds he also said that Allen was out of contract this summer :bye:. Clown. Don't know why he was havering but he was havering nonsense.

And mike martin who's on the board with Dundee United was saying that Hibs will defo be back in for LG in January. He was telling a pal of mine at some conference that Stubbs/McNamara have a good relationship jackie mac hopes we come up in the expense of rangers. Says the SPL is a better place without the new old firm. Don't know how he knows about LG but he was assuring my pal that its happening. I feel a bit of a plum casting up another LG story but I never have any info to share on these boards so don't hate me!

I feel better for getting this off my chest although it's pretty poor chat even by my standards!

Keith_M
07-12-2014, 05:55 PM

He's obviously exaggerating but all it takes is one defeat for people to start questioning everything: Will we get more funds ; have we actually progressed since Fenlon; Should I get a Season Ticket for Spartans

We all already know we're in a bad way, we don't have massive sums of money to fix it but we are where we are and people are trying their best to get us out of it.

Constant sniping does nobody any good.

Pretty Boy
07-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Nae funds.

What's the fuss like ?

It's not just about finishing 4th though. Finishing 3rd or 4th means negotiating 6 play off matches in 2 weeks. We'll need strength in depth to do that which means we need at least 2 or 3 more bodies. The QOTS game and, by all accounts as I wasn't there, yesterday have shown that once we get a few injuries or suspensions we aren't capable of coping with that.

hibees 7062
07-12-2014, 06:09 PM
0-7

Just trying to get the point over that JANUARY isn't the best time to get decent players in. :greengrin

When ?

SaulGoodman
07-12-2014, 06:10 PM
He's obviously exaggerating but all it takes is one defeat for people to start questioning everything: Will we get more funds ; have we actually progressed since Fenlon; Should I get a Season Ticket for Spartans

We all already know we're in a bad way, we don't have massive sums of money to fix it but we are where we are and people are trying their best to get us out of it.

Said it better than I could :agree:

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Nae funds.

What's the fuss like ?

That tip was pish. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 06:23 PM

Meh

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2014, 06:24 PM

Should we all become stepford wives or should a message board forum be there for all views? :confused:

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 06:27 PM
When ?

New Year. :greengrin

emerald green
07-12-2014, 06:28 PM

Players are generally contracted until 30 June. The January window is for clubs with money to BUY players to augment/strengthen their squad or for unattached players (not picked up in the previous summer) to find a club or loan deals for players until the summer.

We can forget about Hibs buying so we are left with cast-offs and loanees.

Stubbs needs an additional striker. Goal scorers by their very nature are prized assets and usually do not come cheap IF they are any good with a proven record.

Personally, I am not hopeful that there will be much improvement to the squad come January. I expect some of the current loan players to leave and news loan players to come in.

i do hope that I am proven wrong.

Come on, nobody is saying that at all. Hibs are nowhere near being "the worst team in the country".

What HFC actually is though is its a club that is massively under achieving, given its comparative resources and fanbase compared to many clubs playing in Scotland today, and has been for some time. Is it really so wrong that some supporters are not happy (putting it mildly) with that?

Where are these funds coming from, and how much?

I completely agree with you that constant sniping does nobody any good, but this is a fans forum and as we all know all sorts of opinions get aired.

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Should we all become stepford wives or should a message board forum be there for all views? :confused:

Positive vibes only by the looks of it.

SaulGoodman
07-12-2014, 06:53 PM
I say to help raise funds for Hibs.net we have an 11v11 "Happy clappers vs Doom and Gloomers" fitba match. Fiver entry.

Might help get rid of this bad blood, come on, we're aw Hibs fans :greengrin:hibees

emerald green
07-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I say to help raise funds for Hibs.net we have an 11v11 "Happy clappers vs Doom and Gloomers" fitba match. Fiver entry.

Might help get rid of this bad blood, come on, we're aw Hibs fans :greengrin:hibees

I'm s**** these days Meh, so I wouldn't get a game. :wink:

SteveHFC
07-12-2014, 07:04 PM

I'll be on the Doom and Gloomers team.

SaulGoodman
07-12-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm s**** these days Meh, so I wouldn't get a game. :wink:

It's rolling subs you'll be fine :wink:

I'll be on the Doom and Gloomers team.

You're the ref

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2014, 07:20 PM

How aboout making it a triangular tournament and adding a team of realists? :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-12-2014, 08:31 PM

The younger members of this site will be wondering "What the hell's a Stepford Wife!" :-)

RedHibby
07-12-2014, 09:27 PM
IMHO I don't think we have any money to give him. He will have to get players out to bring anyone in and I think it will be loans again.

gegs70
08-12-2014, 08:00 AM
He already indicated he would like to bring in 3-4 players. But who would he move on or send out on loan? Are there any loan deals that are finished in January?

The Falcon
08-12-2014, 08:08 AM

I have shares in the club and no one asks me!

jacomo
08-12-2014, 11:44 AM
You're asking Peevemor to prove a negative, which isn't really possible, let alone fair.

Why don't you give us the evidence of what he has actually done this season re withholding money from Stubbs, you know, like a fact, as opposed to asking others to prove the absence of something.

Not true. I asked Peevemor to back up his assertion.

He said: 'Petrie doesn't hold the purse strings anymore.' I asked him to back that statement up.

Peevemor thinks I'm out to get him, but it really isn't true. He has strong opinions and is fully entitled to them, but when he makes an assertion as above then surely it is ok to ask him to back it up?

As to the second part of your question: I think both AS and LD are doing well overall, within their remits. But I still don't think the penny has dropped at Board level about quite what is needed to get us out of trouble. I imagine the Board set a budget for LD and AS to work within, and whatever it is it's not allowed us to build a strong enough squad for this term.

Peevemor also repeatedly says that Hibs is budgeted to run at a loss this season, therefore what else can STF or RP do? Without any numbers to go on we are all guessing to some extent on what this will be.

Someone should point out to STF that Hibs is also certain to make a big loss next season unless we get promoted. We may also lose a further lot of fans as people who invested in a season ticket this year refuse to do so again for another year in the Championship. These fans will prove hard to entice back.

Hibs' cost base is far too high to be outside the top level of Scottish football. From what I have seen, we did not do enough to build a squad to fight for the title this season... a great shame, as AS has shown he knows what a player looks like at this level, and he is capable of getting the team to play.

Be no doubt about it, we are in a crisis. Short-term losses mean little compared to the long-term fall of this football club. Much more of this and the Training Centre will be under threat, because I cannot see how we can possibly justify the expenditure on our current level or income.

If RP can't or won't explain this to STF, then he needs to get out of the way because he is doing nothing for us.

Mikey
08-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Not true. I asked Peevemor to back up his assertion.

He said: 'Petrie doesn't hold the purse strings anymore.' I asked him to back that statement up.

Peevemor thinks I'm out to get him, but it really isn't true. He has strong opinions and is fully entitled to them, but when he makes an assertion as above then surely it is ok to ask him to back it up?

As to the second part of your question: I think both AS and LD are doing well overall, within their remits. But I still don't think the penny has dropped at Board level about quite what is needed to get us out of trouble.

Peevemor also repeatedly says that Hibs is budgeted to run at a loss this season, therefore what else can STF or RP do? Without any numbers to go on we are all guessing to some extent on what this will be.

Someone should point out to STF that Hibs is also certain to make a big loss next season unless we get promoted. We may also lose a further lot of fans as people who invested in a season ticket this year refuse to do so again for another year in the Championship. These fans will prove hard to entice back.

Hibs' cost base is far too high to be outside the top level of Scottish football. From what I have seen, we did not do enough to build a squad to fight for the title this season... a great shame, as AS has shown he knows what a player looks like at this level, and he is capable of getting the team to play.

Be no doubt about it, we are in a crisis. Short-term losses mean little compared to the long-term fall of this football club. Much more of this and the Training Centre will be under threat, because I cannot see how we can possibly justify the expenditure on our current level or income.

If RP can't or won't explain this to STF, then he needs to get out of the way because he is doing nothing for us.

Stop picking out individual hibs.net users in this way please.

jacomo
08-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Stop picking out individual hibs.net users in this way please.

I only mention him because he thinks I'm getting at him. I want to reassure him that I am not.

We've had some fairly robust exchanges of views but it is absolutely not personal.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-12-2014, 11:54 AM
What has he done wrong Mikey?