PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk ticket wanted

Magnifique
06-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Long shot but does anybody near the ground have any spare tickets.

Been working locally and took the urge

Diug

Pete
06-12-2014, 02:08 PM
It's an absolute farce that there are fans outside the ground who can't get into a half full stadium because they don't have a ticket.

hail1875hail
06-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Agreed, apparently orders from police Scotland which resulted in both hibs and falkirk fans being turned away despite the ground being no where near the capacity. Shocking

marinello59
06-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Agreed, apparently orders from police Scotland which resulted in both hibs and falkirk fans being turned away despite the ground being no where near the capacity. Shocking

That's disgraceful, there is no justification for that.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2014, 05:33 PM

No wonder the game in Scotland is on its knees.

Disgrace.

hail1875hail
06-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Exactly, you would have thought it was a high profile European tie which is known for trouble due to the amount of police and the ticketing farce - need to get their heads out their erses and realise that it is the Scottish championship and we are paying fans not hardened criminals. Scottish Football at it's finest

Sir David Gray
06-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Exactly, you would have Thought it was a high profile European tie which is known for trouble due to the amount of police and the ticketing farce - need to their heads out their erses and realise that it is the Scottish championship and we are paying fans not hardened criminals. Scottish Football at it's finest

I think there needs to be a review into this decision so that it doesn't happen again.

Roughly how many people were outside and trying to get in?

Hermit Crab
06-12-2014, 05:56 PM
I think there needs to be a review into this decision so that it doesn't happen again.

I seen 3 thats it. 2 had travelled knowing it was all ticket and 1 who travelled who didnt know. I seen the 2 inside the ground so they must have got tickets from somwhere.

hail1875hail
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM

I was outside the main stand for about the first 5-10 mins of the game and would say at least 20, although this doesnt sound much its the manner in which supporters are being treated which pisses me off. Dont live or work in edinburgh so couldnt get a hold of tickets monday to friday due to obvious reasons, but decided that I would go through this morning on the way to falkirk, then was informed once I phoned to check opening times that they weren't selling tickets on the day after 12. Then went through anyway thinking if they wouldn't sell us tickets for the hibs end then we would just sit quiet in the falkirk end. When we finally got there, apparently strictly no ticket sales AT ALL after 12 noon after orders from police Scotland. Couldn't make it up honestly

jaf
06-12-2014, 10:16 PM
I was in the Falkirk end with a boy i work with and right behind us there were 4 Falkirk fans who got to near the front of the queue before finding out they needed a ticket. Hopeless with a capital H.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2014, 10:40 PM
I was in the Falkirk end with a boy i work with and right behind us there were 4 Falkirk fans who got to near the front of the queue before finding out they needed a ticket. Hopeless with a capital H.

Whilst I would agree that the decision not to offer any pay at the gate option was wrong, it was well publicised over the last couple of weeks.

Hibs couldn't have done much more to get the word out about this decision.

jaf
06-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Whilst I would agree that the decision not to offer any pay at the gate option was wrong, it was well publicised over the last couple of weeks.

Hibs couldn't have done much more to get the word out about this decision.

Totally agree wih that statement, and fair enough but where does the necessity to make a fixture like that be all ticket. I believe it would have came from the police but why is my question, same point as you.

Aaron
06-12-2014, 10:57 PM

My guess is that this was caused by the recent disaster away to Livingston. Police must of insisted all ticket.

The game was all ticket but they announced PATG a day before the match. Livingston only opened one PATG turnstile for the match...just one. I got there at 1430 but I had to queue until 1540 before I got in. This caused a disaster outside the ground.

Livingston blamed Hibs for the late notice for PATG. The police blamed Livingston for only having one PATG turnstyle in operation. :rolleyes:

marinello59
06-12-2014, 11:00 PM
My guess is that this was caused by the recent disaster away to Livingston.

The game was all ticket but they announced PATG a day before the match. Livingston only opened one PATG turnstile for the match...just one. I got there at 1430 but I had to queue until 1540 before I got in. This caused a disaster outside the ground.

Livingston blamed Hibs for the late notice for PATG. The police blamed Livingston for only having one PATG turnstyle in operation. :rolleyes:

We've had PATG at Cowdenbeath and Alloa since then. We've had tickets sold at a booth (ok a container) outside Falkirk in the past. The police have got this one wrong.