PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Falkirk 1 - 0 Hibernian [FT]

Pages : 1 [2]

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Now now, no need to be bringing positives or reason into this, go stick your head in the oven as we're supposed to.

This is an example of the extremes people go to on message boards.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 05:07 PM
This is an example of the extremes people go to on message boards.

:agree: Just burnt my ear on the grill.

Bobo
06-12-2014, 05:09 PM
We actually beat Dumbarton by 3 clear goals.. We also beat Rangers 3-1 and should've beat Hearts (who are so often bugged up on here) we also beat Livi by 4 goals and put 3 past a good Utd team in the cup.

You can post whenever you like of course, I'm just saying a quick look at your recent post history shows a worrying pattern.

I'm aware that we've won 3 of our 20 competitive matches by more than 1 goal, performing really well at Ibrox and, but for a fluke goal, should have beat the Meriricks in the Derby but we need to do that and raise our determination against the stuffy teams not just those who are perceived to be bigger.

Gum beating about losing games is not something I like and is a worrying pattern but the only way to vent frustration at another Saturday night / weekend being ruined! I've watched Hibs for 40+ years (35 as a season ticket holder) and I so wish, like everyone else, that I could give the last 7 of them back! 

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Oh well, I said yesterday I would be happy with a point, but denied at the end. Shame the wee unbeaten run couldn't continue.

19 points behind the tramps after 15 games is depressing.

HappyAsHellas
06-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Oh well, I said yesterday I would be happy with a point, but denied at the end. Shame the wee unbeaten run couldn't continue.

19 points behind the tramps after 15 games is depressing.

But not the end of the world.....

Thecat23
06-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Hibs were never in a million years scoring today. Heff up front says it all. Without Malonga we are poor up too. Need Farid back but he's still a fair bit off!

Shows how poor we actually are as a squad as Falkirk are rotten as well. I'd be interested to hear how Handling and Stanton played. I wasn't there but I'll go out on a limb and say bang average?

cabbageandribs1875
06-12-2014, 05:19 PM
when's McGeouch back, we badly miss the laddie

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Every club has injuries and suspensions, but whats the point in beating The Rangers 3-1 if Falkirk then do the double over us?

Lago
06-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Its not a disaster ... but we are far from cemented into the top 4 and we need to start putting points on the board at home. IMO we need a striker who can win high balls in the box so we can mix it up a bit.

Time for Handling and Cummings to take a look at themselves too .... their goals return is pitiful, are they good enough for this league or not?
There is something unconvincing about this hibs team even when they win its a stagger over the line.

cabbageandribs1875
06-12-2014, 05:25 PM
cummings taken of at HT, if it wasn't an injury i can see him getting dropped next week

lucky
06-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm disappointed but always believed we would be in the play offs. The fact we are fourth is made worse Hearts are running away with the league. Hibs have a small squad missing the two strikers and two midfielders had impact on the team today. I'm hoping that all will be fit for the run in.

Lago
06-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Every club has injuries and suspensions, but whats the point in beating The Rangers 3-1 if Falkirk then do the double over us?
You hit the nail on the head.

Ronniekirk
06-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Tom English can GTF. We have problems up front but were unbeaten in how many games? We're allowed an off day.

I take it this will now be a feeding frenzy/the end of the world.

Only if you take the bait and I don't see many Sharks circling :wink:

HFC 0-7
06-12-2014, 05:43 PM
That's a cracker, the fans are lowering expectations? Given the mess Dastardly and Muttley left us in we had a much harder task ahead on us than our two biggest rivals. That's not lowering expectations, that's realism. It looks like the title has gone bit I expect us to still keep trying to get closer to the top. I still reckon we will make it through the play offs if required against anybody. The fans can take no blame for the position we are in, blaming them in any way is utter nonsense.

Sorry, I meant to say are forced to lower.

We are forced to lower expectations but right now we are shouting at the press who are saying we are not good enough. We are not good enough and the fans are defending where we are. Do you not think we have been pretty quick in changing our expectations of challenging for the title to hoping we can make play offs? Other teams wouldn't accept our league position and stuttering performances in the championship but we do. I know that Stubbs had to work quickly to assemble a squad, I know he inherited a mess, but a club the size of hibs should not be where we are and anyone in the press describing our current situation as not good enough is correct.

I definately don't think the fans are to blame but as a group I think we should expect and deman better. Things are improving but IMO it's too slowly. We have more resources than the other teams bar rangers yet you can't look at hibs side vs a raith, Alloa or Dumbarton and see that hibs are actually the 4th or 5th biggest club in Scotland!

greengnome
06-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Looking at the table tonight, I am very worried that we are going to be sucked back into a fight for the play offs.

We are in the situation we are through ignorance at board level, and bad management in the past. I sincerely hope that Stubbs can work a miracle, but I fear that may we still be in the championship next season, this will have a devastating effect on our club.
All the teams are scrapping to get promotion, we are one of many, and any thoughts that we will automatically get into a play off place, will mean getting results at home as well as away... Can this be done??

Thoughts???

Ronniekirk
06-12-2014, 05:46 PM
when's McGeouch back, we badly miss the laddie
Not seen anything official on his operation and recovery so don't know is the answer Originally I think they said a few weeks and someone on here posted four months but there was nothing to back this up .However he isn't a prolific scorer iether so may not have solved problem today

Turkish Green
06-12-2014, 05:49 PM
I have tempered my views to Hibs only needing to finish in a Play-off place.

We should have at least taken a draw today and thereby kept 5 pts ahead of Falkirk, while a win would have put us in 3rd equal place. But with QOTS and Raith both losing the damage is not so bad.

4 teams fighting for 3rd and 4th place.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Not even on the bench, hearing he is far from happy but with the sordid revelations that came through last week it's hardly surprising he wasn't quoted today.

Come on home wee man....:offski:

No danger. Cup tied now anyway

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2014, 05:52 PM
I have tempered my views to Hibs only needing to finish in a Play-off place.

We should have at least taken a draw today and thereby kept 5 pts ahead of Falkirk, while a win would have put us in 3rd equal place. But with QOTS and Raith both losing the damage is not so bad.

4 teams fighting for 3rd and 4th place.

:agree:

silverhibee
06-12-2014, 05:57 PM
:agree:

Mr Murray is hoping for a play-off spot as well.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Looking at the table tonight, I am very worried that we are going to be sucked back into a fight for the play offs.

We are in the situation we are through ignorance at board level, and bad management in the past. I sincerely hope that Stubbs can work a miracle, but I fear that may we still be in the championship next season, this will have a devastating effect on our club.
All the teams are scrapping to get promotion, we are one of many, and any thoughts that we will automatically get into a play off place, will mean getting results at home as well as away... Can this be done??

Thoughts???

My thoughts are that we will easily make the play offs.

Today shows that we have almost no depth to our squad but we knew that already.

When Malonga and El Alagui are both out, we are unlikely to score goals. We'll have Malonga back next week and hopefully El Alagui will be back in the next couple of months.

If both are fit and available for the last two or three months of the season then we'll win most games as they are far better than the strikers that most teams in this division have available.

We also have McGeouch to come back as well and he's arguably been our best player this season.

I haven't seen Falkirk this season but by all accounts they weren't much better than us today and the same could be said about their performance at Easter Road earlier in the season. I honestly don't see them finishing above us, despite winning maximum points against us so far.

The team below them is Raith Rovers and they've just been beaten 5-1 by Livingston, who are bottom of the league!

I fully expect us to finish in the play offs and I would even hope to finish 3rd. What happens after that is anyone's guess but I certainly don't expect us to finish below 4th this season.

Turkish Green
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM

I hate to bring up the Yams but even with injuries and suspensions they still manage to pull of a win today playing their youth. It is all about commitment, which appears to be missing at times in our squad. No point in showing commitment when beating the Huns but then play sloppyball against the teams below us in the league.

SneakersO'Toole
06-12-2014, 06:02 PM

We are forced to lower expectations but right now we are shouting at the press who are saying we are not good enough. We are not good enough and the fans are defending where we are. Do you not think we have been pretty quick in changing our expectations of challenging for the title to hoping we can make play offs? Other teams wouldn't accept our league position and stuttering performances in the championship but we do. I know that Stubbs had to work quickly to assemble a squad, I know he inherited a mess, but a club the size of hibs should not be where we are and anyone in the press describing our current situation as not good enough is correct.

I definately don't think the fans are to blame but as a group I think we should expect and deman better. Things are improving but IMO it's too slowly. We have more resources than the other teams bar rangers yet you can't look at hibs side vs a raith, Alloa or Dumbarton and see that hibs are actually the 4th or 5th biggest club in Scotland!

Good post. I really do think some fans need a reality check as to our current predicament as a club. Yes there has been improvement but that has come from starting at rock bottom. Improvement doesn't necessarily mean things are fine again.

Turkish Green
06-12-2014, 06:05 PM

When Malonga and El Alagui are both out, we are unlikely to score goals. We'll have Malonga back next week and hopefully El Alagui will be back in the next couple of months.

We also have McGeouch to come back as well and he's arguably been our best player this season.

Agree.

My concern is that we are coming to the busy winter season. Injuries are common place. Who is not to say that Malonga will not get injured in his first game back.

Hibs have little goal threat. Teams know it and play to suit.

Stubbs may have a decent squad when they are all fit but it is clear that there is no depth to it.

greengnome
06-12-2014, 06:05 PM

If both are fit and available for the last two or three months of the season then we'll win most games as they are far better than the strikers that most teams in this division have available.

I haven't seen Falkirk this season but by all accounts they weren't much better than us today and the same could be said about their performance at Easter Road earlier in the season. I honestly don't see them finishing above us, despite winning maximum points against us so far.

The team below them is Raith Rovers and they've just been beaten 5-1 by Livingston, who are bottom of the league!

I fully expect us to finish in the play offs and I would even hope to finish 3rd. What happens after that is anyone's guess but I certainly don't expect us to finish below 4th this season.

Appreciate your input Trig... I hope your thoughts resemble our situation at the end of the season... I truly do. :aok:

The Green Goblin
06-12-2014, 06:13 PM
We actually beat Dumbarton by 3 clear goals.. We also beat Rangers 3-1 and should've beat Hearts (who are so often bugged up on here) we also beat Livi by 4 goals and put 3 past a good Utd team in the cup.

You can post whenever you like of course, I'm just saying a quick look at your recent post history shows a worrying pattern.

As does yours...a whole load of them in a row doing nothing except criticising or sarcastically mocking other fans for posting that they are annoyed or disappointed because we lost.

This is a Hibs fans forum. We lost a game today. People care about that, so they write posts which reflect their disappointment. It's entirely normal and there's nothing wrong with it.

emerald green
06-12-2014, 06:14 PM
I didn't see the game, but what I've heard is that it was the manner of the defeat, and the overall team performance, today that rankles with many supporters.

Today was one of those games where Hibs could have strengthened their position in the table, but like so often in recent seasons just could not do it.

Even if they could have seen the game out and picked up another point away from home, and kept the recent unbeaten run going, would have been not so bad. But to chuck it away in time added on (again) is very disappointing indeed. Another chance gone abegging. Just feel gutted (again).

California-Hibs
06-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Glad some people are highlighting the negative posters on here. Bang on the nail, there are so many on here that are oh so quiet when we win or put in a good performance, but jump on .net like whippets when we lose and proceed to post all types of nonsense! I can think of a certain few Posters in particular who ask in this manor constantly. It's embarrassing, have some pride in your club and try to analyze things taking a deep breath and truly thinking about recent form. Again, far too many draws yes, but...1 loss in 12!!!! Be dissappointed of course, but the panic-like stations displayed on here are a joke!

We're in a play off spot, we still have a good chance of going up and we're only at the half way stage! Lots of games to be played, we won't win them all!

SneakersO'Toole
06-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Glad Jo some people are highlighting the negative posters on here. Bang on the nail, there are so many on here that are oh so quiet when we win or put in a good performance, but jump on .net like whippets when we lose and proceed to post all types of nonsense! I can think of a certain few Posters in particular who ask in this manor constantly. It's embarrassing, have some pride in your club and try to analyze things taking a deep breath and truly thinking about recent form. Again, far too many draws yes, but...1 loss in 12!!!! Be dissappointed of course, but the panic-like stations displayed on here are a joke!

We're in a play off spot, we still have a good chance of going up and we're only at the half way stage! Lots of games to be played, we won't win them all!

It's realism I'm mostly reading from posters rather than negativity. I think some on here have trouble differentiating between the two.

greenpaper55
06-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Lose as much sleep as Rod will.

Blaster
06-12-2014, 07:28 PM
We were very poor today but the thing that gets me annoyed just as much is we didn't even grab a point

Grind out results when needed. Really feel for hanlon today as looked like the only one who cared

HFC 0-7
06-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Glad some people are highlighting the negative posters on here. Bang on the nail, there are so many on here that are oh so quiet when we win or put in a good performance, but jump on .net like whippets when we lose and proceed to post all types of nonsense! I can think of a certain few Posters in particular who ask in this manor constantly. It's embarrassing, have some pride in your club and try to analyze things taking a deep breath and truly thinking about recent form. Again, far too many draws yes, but...1 loss in 12!!!! Be dissappointed of course, but the panic-like stations displayed on here are a joke!

On the flip side though we have posters who after a small unbeaten run think all is rosey. The fact is we are one of the biggest clubs in Scottish football who are struggling to compete. Remember this isn't the top flight we are playing in, if you want to win leagues or gain promotion you need to be winning most of your games.

We are not showing the signs of a large club that dominates the league and teams. We don't seem to have the ability or mentality. We have slated rangers and hearts for the blaming their misfortunes on others, "the big guy did it and ran away" was used a lot. Hear we are using the same line, the bad board and manager done it.

If we are being realistic and honest then we are underachieving and our results this season and league position isn't good enough.

There is a mindset and mentality among some supporters, which are the ones I think you are highlighting, that, in this league expect wins every week. It's a mentality that I think the management and players should adopt. Hibs, probably the 5th largest club in Scotland, in the second tier of football should be expecting to win almost every game they play in this league.

We should have been making sure of promotion and going for the league, instead we are going for the playoffs, even going for the playoffs we should at least be one of the front runners, putting distance between ourselves and the opposition, instead we are caught in a fight for what looks like that last position.

B.H.F.C
06-12-2014, 07:41 PM
I didn't see the game, but what I've heard is that it was the manner of the defeat, and the overall team performance, today that rankles with many supporters.

Today was one of those games where Hibs could have strengthened their position in the table, but like so often in recent seasons just could not do it.

Even if they could have seen the game out and picked up another point away from home, and kept the recent unbeaten run going, would have been not so bad. But to chuck it away in time added on (again) is very disappointing indeed. Another chance gone abegging. Just feel gutted (again).

It was the manner of it that angered me. Thought we showed a poor attitude today. No urgency. Not enough desire for me.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 08:12 PM

You're looking at this the wrong way.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2014, 08:14 PM
As does yours...a whole load of them in a row doing nothing except criticising or sarcastically mocking other fans for posting that they are annoyed or disappointed because we lost.

This is a Hibs fans forum. We lost a game today. People care about that, so they write posts which reflect their disappointment. It's entirely normal and there's nothing wrong with it.

Correct GG. The ott reaction that the overly positive are claiming is actually coming from them.

Deansy
06-12-2014, 08:26 PM
You don't get 'Commitment' and 'Desire' from a club that has a policy of 'Business 1st - Football 2nd' - you get continued-existence. Maybe.

Peevemor
06-12-2014, 08:30 PM
You don't get 'Commitment' and 'Desire' from a club that has a policy of 'Business 1st - Football 2nd' - you get continued-existence. Maybe.

What? Does Rod Petrie take the training? Does STF do the team talks?

jacomo
06-12-2014, 09:21 PM

With respect, some of these 'negative' posters on here turn up week after week, and have lost count of the amount of money they have spent following this club only to suffer disappointment after disappointment.

Every game is a test. Every game can be lost. But in the context of the past few years, and the desperation of our position, further disappointments become amplified.

Then there's people like you, who don't attend games but feel entitled to deliver lectures from afar.

You are entitled to your opinion. But don't dismiss the amount of genuine disenchantment there is amongst the fans. Hibs would be further ahead on the road to recovery if the club as a whole understood this.

emerald green
06-12-2014, 09:25 PM
It was the manner of it that angered me. Thought we showed a poor attitude today. No urgency. Not enough desire for me.

:agree: That's what I'm hearing. The obvious question of course is why?

marinello59
06-12-2014, 09:47 PM

Ah, that's different then and I sort of agree. But not quite. :greengrin
I'm definitely not defending where we are but I can understand the reasons why we have struggled in this division. That doesn't mean I accept it, we shouldn't be where we are. I blame Butcher (spit) mainly for our slow start but the club should have thrown more money at the last transfer window. Thankfully the players Stubbs has signed seem to have worked out. The January transfer window is crucial and that is when we will know how serious those in charge are about getting back up this season. I think the majority of Hibs fans do expect better and in the run up to this window will be demanding it.

NOLA
06-12-2014, 10:02 PM
It's only ever going to take one bad result for people to start having a go because we are so far off the top of the league.

What's this top of the league number you speakoff! 😈

jacomo
06-12-2014, 10:09 PM
What? Does Rod Petrie take the training? Does STF do the team talks?

It's about leadership and vision. I know you don't see it. But it's a factor.

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Losing a game in the last minute always makes a defeat feel twice as bad. Getting a point would have made a big difference to morale.

Waxy
06-12-2014, 10:20 PM
So a long unbeaten run is ended. After our very poor start to the season i wouldn't have imagined we'd have been able to put such a run together.

ian cruise
07-12-2014, 12:49 AM
Today was disappointing and jibs were p**h however I don't think the gap between soft and "championship" is that great. We really should have had at least a 16 team top league years ago. Falkirk on their day could beat at least half the sides in our top division. we're we good. No. We're we unlucky? Not really. But we will lose games, that's no surprise. The fact the eternal flukes across the road don't is a surprise but it's not because they're infinitely better or anything. Will they stumble and allow us to catch up? Who knows but I believe jobs will get to the top league next year and it's only yobs I care about. Too many fans are concerned about them across the road

jacomo
07-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Today was disappointing and jibs were p**h however I don't think the gap between soft and "championship" is that great. We really should have had at least a 16 team top league years ago. Falkirk on their day could beat at least half the sides in our top division. we're we good. No. We're we unlucky? Not really. But we will lose games, that's no surprise. The fact the eternal flukes across the road don't is a surprise but it's not because they're infinitely better or anything. Will they stumble and allow us to catch up? Who knows but I believe jobs will get to the top league next year and it's only yobs I care about. Too many fans are concerned about them across the road

Well they do currently sit comfortably in the automatic promotion place, so are of material concern to our prospects this season. Does that have something to do with it?

Peevemor
07-12-2014, 08:01 AM
It's about leadership and vision. I know you don't see it. But it's a factor.

Can you tell me what you prefer more, contradicting me or having a pop at the board?

Can you tell me how the people on the board influence the players' "commitment and desire"? Do the players even have any regular contact with these people?

And you know nothing about me.

jacomo
07-12-2014, 08:49 AM
Can you tell me what you prefer more, contradicting me or having a pop at the board?

Can you tell me how the people on the board influence the players' "commitment and desire"? Do the players even have any regular contact with these people?

Why are you so wound up? Honestly, you could start an argument in an empty room.

I'm not having a pop, I just disagree with you. I don't know anything about you except what you post in here, and am entitled to respond to that am I not?

My position is that the chronic lack if vision and leadership from the top of the club has had (and is still having) a negative impact on Hibs. You think it's a non issue. I think you're wrong. All clear?

Ronniekirk
07-12-2014, 08:52 AM

We do know you like to debate a point and stick to your view and fair play to you for that .

I do tend to think Leeann is now the key decision maker ,and some early signings in January of players who can improve us would indicate she has backing of the Board and the vision to push for promotion this season . Obviously I don't know the Financial position we are in ,but Leeann will know with current squad promotion is not guaranteed .So from the business we do in January and when we do it will give us an indication of the Boards priority this season .

Peevemor
07-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Why are you so wound up? Honestly, you could start an argument in an empty room.

I'm not having a pop, I just disagree with you. I don't know anything about you except what you post in here, and am entitled to respond to that am I not?

My position is that the chronic lack if vision and leadership from the top of the club has had (and is still having) a negative impact on Hibs. You think it's a non issue. I think you're wrong. All clear?

You replied to me "I know you don't see it", the implication being that I'm either narrow minded or thick, or perhaps a combination of both. But hey, you're "not having a pop".

From what I can gather from direct quotes from the players or second hand stuff that's posted on here, Alan Stubbs is highly rated by everyone around ER/EM. The players motivation and commitment comes from Stubbs and his training staff, not from the board who have little or no contact with the squads.

marinello59
07-12-2014, 09:39 AM
You replied to me "I know you don't see it", the implication being that I'm either narrow minded or thick, or perhaps a combination of both. But hey, you're "not having a pop".

From what I can gather from direct quotes from the players or second hand stuff that's posted on here, Alan Stubbs is highly rated by everyone around ER/EM. The players motivation and commitment comes from Stubbs and his training staff, not from the board who have little or no contact with the squads.

Exactly. The boards job is to get the right man in to run the first team, not to motivate the players etc. That would be ridiculous. They have got the last few appointments spectacularly wrong but this time LD looks to have got it right.

Borderhibbie76
07-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Fact of the matter is our squad is just not strong enough... Im sorry but Handling, Stanton, Harris, Heffernan are not good enough and on a day like yesterday when we r missing 5 or 6 regulars, once again these fringe players come in and put in a woeful performance... A la QOS a few weeks back. They need emptied and better replacements brought in... Simple as that!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Did we not win 3-1at Ibrox?

Yup, we seem to perform really well in the big / televised games.

Alfred E Newman
07-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Yup, we seem to perform really well in the big / televised games.

We should be ok in the play offs then. That will be the time to moan if it goes tits up.

silverhibee
07-12-2014, 03:58 PM
We should be ok in the play offs then. That will be the time to moan if it goes tits up.

Like how well we done in the last play off's we played in.

Turkish Green
07-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Like how well we done in the last play off's we played in.
The fact that I am clinging to is that Hibs were on a low after a string of defeats including the game against Kille while Hamilton had been playing well all season. PLUS we do not Butcher as manager.

Hopefully, by the time the play-offs come around in May, AS will have the team ticking and go into the games in a positive mood. If we get through to the final, I cannot see us losing over two legs against either Well, Buddies or Staggies. All 3 are awful.