05-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Any news of when it's on?

None at all, sorry.

Ozyhibby
05-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Soon hopefully, the delay is worrying.

greenlex
06-12-2014, 03:22 AM
Books aren't quite ready yet. Another month at 180 fan assisted.

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Books aren't quite ready yet. Another month at 180 fan assisted.
I'd be worried if the accounts were the problem. That would mean that there was a problem with the audit. The accounts themselves would have been virtually finished in September/October.

I prefer the theory that the announcement of the club's future plans is what has delayed the AGM.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2014, 09:15 AM
After the Derby mefinks...

Blaster
06-12-2014, 09:30 AM
I'd be worried if the accounts were the problem. That would mean that there was a problem with the audit. The accounts themselves would have been virtually finished in September/October.

I prefer the theory that the announcement of the club's future plans is what has delayed the AGM.

Maybe still in discussions with the bank to write off our debt. It's pretty normal thing for banks to do according to some 😄

bobbyhibs1983
06-12-2014, 10:03 AM

A question in regards accounts, i guess football clubs do things a lil differently. but as far as i understand the *tax* year ends april(the 4th/5th?) why dont clubs go alone those sorta lines, I know the tax year is different, but would it not make sense to follow that sorta line? i mean the season runs from like late july/early august and finishes in may(a month after the tax year) so in theory your *accounts* would be for the current season.

Or have i missed something so damn obvious?

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2014, 10:10 AM
A question in regards accounts, i guess football clubs do things a lil differently. but as far as i understand the *tax* year ends april(the 4th/5th?) why dont clubs go alone those sorta lines, I know the tax year is different, but would it not make sense to follow that sorta line? i mean the season runs from like late july/early august and finishes in may(a month after the tax year) so in theory your *accounts* would be for the current season.

Or have i missed something so damn obvious?
The tax year for individuals ends on 5 April. The tax year for the Government and related bodies ends on 31 March.

A company can have its year end at any time. In Hibs' case, we have 31 July as it reflects the end of the natural business year ie the end of the season. That's a sensible decision IMO

bobbyhibs1983
06-12-2014, 10:18 AM
The tax year for individuals ends on 5 April. The tax year for the Government and related bodies ends on 31 March.

A company can have its year end at any time. In Hibs' case, we have 31 July as it reflects the end of the natural business year ie the end of the season. That's a sensible decision IMO

ok thanx for the repsonse, so why has it taken a good 4 and a bit months? surely the hibs money person would sorta keep some sorta accounts(income-outgoings etc) and the accountant people come in check over the books, sign off, bang they get back to the club and they announce the agm for x weeks/month in advance

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2014, 10:20 AM
ok thanx for the repsonse, so why has it taken a good 4 and a bit months? surely the hibs money person would sorta keep some sorta accounts(income-outgoings etc) and the accountant people come in check over the books, sign off, bang they get back to the club and they announce the agm for x weeks/month in advance
Like I say, the accounts will have been ready for a while. It is probably other matters that are holding up the AGM

bobbyhibs1983
06-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Like I say, the accounts will have been ready for a while. It is probably other matters that are holding up the AGM

like to have tea or coffee at the agm?
prawn sandwiches or bacon rolls?
all standing or all sitting?

or to start at 6pm or 6.01pm:na na:

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2014, 10:26 AM
like to have tea or coffee at the agm?
prawn sandwiches or bacon rolls?
all standing or all sitting?

or to start at 6pm or 6.01pm:na na:
My source tells me that Rod has lost the key to the stamp drawer. That's why nothing has been sent out.