PDA

View Full Version : Queen Budge, are you being serious

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Yeah and your fans are the best in the world, attacking a player while he celebrated scoring a winning goal, attacked a manager while in the dug out, your fans came to our stadium and covered parts of the stadium with excrement, have a habit of invading the pitch at ER and causing trouble, etc etc etc etc.

Boo Hoo Mrs Budge, get your own fans sorted first, like the nazi saluting guy a month or so back, what happened to him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30312462

hibs0666
03-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Yeah and your fans are the best in the world, attacking a player while he celebrated scoring a winning goal, attacked a manager while in the dug out, your fans came to our stadium and covered parts of the stadium with excrement, have a habit of invading the pitch at ER and causing trouble, etc etc etc etc.

Boo Hoo Mrs Budge, get your own fans sorted first, like the nazi saluting guy a month or so back, what happened to him.

Don't forget smashing up ambulances.

SteveHFC
03-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Anthony StokesVerified account ‏@stoksey10 (https://twitter.com/stoksey10) Maybe Ann budge should worry about her own fans,never had so many sectarian comments directed at me in a ground like tynecastle the othr day

Aldo
03-12-2014, 01:13 PM
You just need to google -Hearts fans cause damage at Easter Road.

Loads of it including one from the infamous High 6 from the tattooed freak when the club pleaded with fans attending the ICT semi final at ER not to damage the place.

Once again very very small minded tunnel visioned attitude from them again.

Mikeystewart
03-12-2014, 01:15 PM

TBF the one hearts fan arrested has been banned from the stadium, not sure how long for doesn't say. Won't hold my breath on the 5 Celtic fans getting away bans, they might do now budge has made a big deal out of it, if she kept schtum i don't think Celtic would have lifted a finger.

Edit: However she doesn't mention the fact that all damage caused by away fans is invoiced to the away team.

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Is she serious with this quote.

"I have received a number of emails/letters from parents stating that their children were terrified/had to be removed part way through the game/were traumatised - and as such would be unlikely ever to want to return to a game. This is appalling.

Were Celtc fans in the home end. :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2014, 01:17 PM
read that earlier, quite bizarre coming from someone who owns a club with a vile set of fans, who even celebrate smearing there own excrement over toilet walls at other grounds...pfft :rolleyes: STFU budge and start looking at your own moronic support before criticising other sets of fans

Broken Gnome
03-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Away from the tit-for-tat element which always buggers up these issues, good on her.

Smartie
03-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Good for her.

Neither "The greatest fans in the world" or the jambos are going to come of this in a good light. She's relatively new to this and if she was shocked at what she witnessed on Sunday - from both sides - then good on her for feeling brave enough to speak out. Would we prefer that she went the way of so many before and choose to sweep it under the carpet, pretend it didn't happen, downplay it, pretend it's not a problem?

Plenty of whataboutery already on the loose - see Stokes' comments - but at least it highlights a problem that we know exists and has existed for some time (I have never been to a Hearts/ Celtic game, have no desire to ever go to one but I believe that these games can be truly poisonous). And I'm sure the The Rangers v Celtic cup game is going to be "eventful" to say the least.

Sectarianism a cancer that blights this country and we need those in positions of power and influence to speak out about it. If the problem is highlighted it then has far more chance of being dealt with.

mutley
03-12-2014, 01:26 PM
I saw that earlier, and if that's how she wants to air things in public, maybe we should do that too after the next Home Derby, letting the press know what damage/grafitti/ vandolism that gets conducted but Hearts fans

Bostonhibby
03-12-2014, 01:31 PM

Any mention of fans robbing their fellow fans for bus trips that don't exist?

JimBHibees
03-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Good for her.

Neither "The greatest fans in the world" or the jambos are going to come of this in a good light. She's relatively new to this and if she was shocked at what she witnessed on Sunday - from both sides - then good on her for feeling brave enough to speak out. Would we prefer that she went the way of so many before and choose to sweep it under the carpet, pretend it didn't happen, downplay it, pretend it's not a problem?

Plenty of whataboutery already on the loose - see Stokes' comments - but at least it highlights a problem that we know exists and has existed for some time (I have never been to a Hearts/ Celtic game, have no desire to ever go to one but I believe that these games can be truly poisonous). And I'm sure the The Rangers v Celtic cup game is going to be "eventful" to say the least.

Sectarianism a cancer that blights this country and we need those in positions of power and influence to speak out about it. If the problem is highlighted it then has far more chance of being dealt with.

Totally agree with that. Apparently she has banned for life the Hearts fan involved and also the fan from the previous derby so is actually acting and not just saying. Good on her for having the guts to comment and not hide.

jacomo
03-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Totally agree with that. Apparently she has banned for life the Hearts fan involved and also the fan from the previous derby so is actually acting and not just saying. Good on her for having the guts to comment and not hide.

:agree:

Hearts fans love vandalising ER when they visit, it's time everyone speaks up about this rather than sweeps it under the carpet.

Is it true that clubs agree to cover costs of damage caused by their visiting supporters, or an urban myth?

southsider
03-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Both the "bigot" brothers received large Govt./Local Govt. grants over the years but have steadlastly refused to attend Nil by Mouth meetings. Oldco attended one and the newgreens have never attended any. They both make money from "supporting" this sectarian stance and one wonders if these clubs want to keep it that way.

Dashing Bob S
03-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Good for her.

Agreed. Credit to her for confronting this nonsense, too bad she's shot herself in the foot by dragging the vile elements her own support into the argument.

Kato
03-12-2014, 01:44 PM
I think it's a good thing she's spoken but can't help agreeing with Stokes. It's her responsibility to get her own house in order first.

le bill
03-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Away from the tit-for-tat element which always buggers up these issues, good on her.

Totally Agree

Mr White
03-12-2014, 01:48 PM
"The match was a disappointing football spectacle for both sets of supporters," said Budge.

Hahaha aye right the celtc fans were gutted right enough!

Pedantic_Hibee
03-12-2014, 01:50 PM
I blame the SFA, personally. They've allowed it to perpetuate and increase by turning a blind eye.

macd123
03-12-2014, 01:50 PM

Good for her (if true to her word). I wish clubs would just decide they won't tolerate sectarianism.

southsider
03-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Good for her (if true to her word). I wish clubs would just decide they won't tolerate sectarianism.

If we treated sectarianism the same way as racism (just as vile in mho) then changes would happen sharpish.

bod
03-12-2014, 02:13 PM

"I have received a number of emails/letters from parents stating that their children were terrified/had to be removed part way through the game/were traumatised - and as such would be unlikely ever to want to return to a game. This is appalling.

that was from hahahartz supporters because they were playing p1sh

Dashing Bob S
03-12-2014, 02:13 PM
If we treated sectarianism the same way as racism (just as vile in mho) then changes would happen sharpish.

One of the reasons I was keen on a Yes vote, was in the hope that through setting our own priorities, we'd be inclined to take sectarianism more seriously.

I'm delighted by all the inroads that have been made tackling racism over the last thirty years, but sectarianism effects far more people in Scotland than racism, and it would have been good to see more resources/energy spent on this.

Had it been a widespread problem in England, I'm sure it would have been.

Instead we're left with this running sore, where attitudes in some parts of Scotland, haven't changed for generations.

green&left
03-12-2014, 02:17 PM
One of the reasons I was keen on a Yes vote, was in the hope that through setting our own priorities, we'd be inclined to take sectarianism more seriously.

I'm delighted by all the inroads that have been made tackling racism over the last thirty years, but sectarianism effects far more people in Scotland than racism, and it would have been good to see more resources/energy spent on this.

Instead we're left with this running sore, where attitudes in some parts of Scotland, haven't changed for generations.

When there's folk like this around, what chance have you got?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/boy-asked-for-uff-flag-for-christmas-30795194.html

Kid asked for a UVF/UFF flag over a PS4, right ye are hen, sure he did :aok::cb

Elephant Stone
03-12-2014, 02:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pa84mgCHqA

Turkish Green
03-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Good for her, however, she needs to take the speck of dirt out of her own eye before complaining about the plank of wood in the eyes of the weegie bigots.

Forza Fred
03-12-2014, 02:42 PM

Sorry silver, but I think she should be praised for actually doing something about
it, rather than ignoring it.

As long as she continues to act against her won fans too, as she has suggested will be the case..

Keith_M
03-12-2014, 02:44 PM
I think Hibs should no longer sweep Visiting Fans behaviour under the carpet. In the spirit of Mrs Budge's outrage, Hibs should highlight the vandalism, pitch invasions and also any sectarian singing.

As Hearts Fans are by far the worst culprits, we should start with them.

---------------------------

Just to make it clear, I will happily condemn any Hibs Supporters comitting acts of vandalism at Tynecastle.

Keith_M
03-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Good for her, however, she needs to take the speck of dirt out of her own eye before complaining about the plank of wood in the eyes of the weegie bigots.

Isn't that saying back to front?

Scouse Hibee
03-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Some ridiculous comments on here from folk who can't see the wood for the trees. Good on her it has to start somewhere.

The_Exile
03-12-2014, 02:51 PM
I can see what she's up to here, she knows the response she'll get will be similar to what's on this thread. This is the start of the siege mentality that they're obviously going to adopt to see out the season, fair play to her, I hope it backfires though.

Elephant Stone
03-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Some ridiculous comments on here from folk who can't see the wood for the trees. Good on her it has to start somewhere.

It could have started when over 3000 of her club's supporters sang a sectarian and illegal song at Easter Road about four weeks ago. She didn't even think to mention that at the time or in her statement. She's at it. Their fans will lap that up and it will have just the effect she wants.

Hibernia&Alba
03-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Good for her.

Good post, and provided she is equally vocal in her disgust with Hearts fans' bad behaviour, then it's absolutely right to tackle the issue of sectarianism and anti-social behaviour.

MWHIBBIES
03-12-2014, 03:04 PM
She isn't wrong, Celtic fans are absolute ****.

ekhibee
03-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Although there's aspects of Budge's statement that I agree with, to me there is definitely an element of locking the door after the horse has bolted in respect of the behaviour of her own fans. That said our board could, IMO have done a lot more in that respect as regards Hearts fans behaviour at ER. The stewarding and policing at our ground can be embarrasingly bad. Their complete lack of activity of removing Hearts fans from the ground after the game's finished but they're still giving it raldy in the South Stand while stewards and police do virtually f*** all.

Pete
03-12-2014, 03:06 PM

Correct and its Stokes's comment that stands out in the article for me.

It's similar to those made by black players in England in the seventies and eighties. He doesn't even report it because it's so common and there's absolutely no point. If that was van Dyke tweeting and you substituted "sectarian" for "racist" there would be a national outcry. In fact, we've come so far in the last thirty years in that regard, a black player would probably report racist abuse and maybe walk off with the support of everyone.

This is Scotland though and there are thousands of people who have read what Stakes had to say and thought "serves him right for being so Irish. Fenian *******"

I'm not blaming hearts for this as it was a cup match and hearts fans themselves commented on how many unusual, bigoted faces were there. It's just depressing that people see football matches as focal points to express their hatred.

Hibernia&Alba
03-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Agreed, Peter. Sadly, casual religious bigotry is still tolerated in a way other forms of bigotry are no longer.

Sir David Gray
03-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Anthony StokesVerified account ‏@stoksey10 (https://twitter.com/stoksey10) Maybe Ann budge should worry about her own fans,never had so many sectarian comments directed at me in a ground like tynecastle the othr day

This is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black, considering some of the questionable company that Anthony Stokes appears to have kept over the years.

Hearts undoubtedly have some idiots within their support but Celtic's fans are far worse in my experience.

Their away fans in particular are awful.

paul_hfc3
03-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Stokes is spot on. Ann Budge is obviously oblivious to her own poisonous fans, they spit out there poison of: extreme sectarianism especially against Celtic, and homophobia and Nazi salutes and red hand patter. Then of course also **** up ER anyway they can with them being monkeys by spreading their own **** on the away sides walls. And also pitch invasions and almost every derby chuck a flare on the pitch. Ann budge should look at her own.fans first and I can't see her taking any actions to be honest.

Also Barry Hearn suggesting Scottish football should unban bevy in grounds. This is an exact.example from both teams why it is banned

macd123
03-12-2014, 03:25 PM

Exactly. Too many excuses.

Cameron1875
03-12-2014, 03:26 PM
So she spent money fixing loads of seats in the Roseburn stand before Celtic come to town. Is she lying or just ridiculously naive?!

Pete
03-12-2014, 03:27 PM
This is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black, considering some of the questionable company that Anthony Stokes appears to have kept over the years.

Hearts undoubtedly have some idiots within their support but Celtic's fans are far worse in my experience.

Their away fans in particular are awful.

Are you suggesting that Stokes somehow deserves to be abused or is wrong to complain because of the company he is reported to keep?

And why do you find celtics fans worse than hearts? Is it because you think one form of bigotry worse than the other?

Squealing pig
03-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Hiding the fact they left early with some other reason . 4-0 they left for not sectarian abuse I'm thinking

JimBHibees
03-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Stokes is spot on. Ann Budge is obviously oblivious to her own poisonous fans, they spit out there poison of: extreme sectarianism especially against Celtic, and homophobia and Nazi salutes and red hand patter. Then of course also **** up ER anyway they can with them being monkeys by spreading their own **** on the away sides walls. And also pitch invasions and almost every derby chuck a flare on the pitch. Ann budge should look at her own.fans first and I can't see her taking any actions to be honest.

Also Barry Hearn suggesting Scottish football should unban bevy in grounds. This is an exact.example from both teams why it is banned

Except she clearly stated one will be banned for life. Good on her for having the guts to say what needs to be said. The last Hearts ownership IMO allowed an extreme element to fester within their support at least AB seems to be willing to criticise and also ban fans. A good start other teams need to do the same.

NAE NOOKIE
03-12-2014, 03:53 PM
All owners should comment when their grounds are vandalised, including us. I don't have a problem with Budge doing this, but there is no doubt her own club have a problem that needs sorting, including the sectarian problem which is much worse than anything we have.

Having said that, there is graffiti in the FF bogs left by Yams from a Scotland under 21 game or cup semi final held about 10 years ago or something ..... about time we scrubbed it off.

Sir David Gray
03-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Are you suggesting that Stokes somehow deserves to be abused or is wrong to complain because of the company he is reported to keep?

And why do you find celtics fans worse than hearts? Is it because you think one form of bigotry worse than the other?

I didn't say he deserved to be abused. I just find it ironic that someone who associates with people who have IRA sympathies will complain about sectarianism.

As for your second question, I think most people would accept that Celtic fans are worse than Hearts fans.

And no I don't think one form of bigotry is worse than any other. For the avoidance of doubt, Celtic and Sevco are as bad as each other.

green&left
03-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Storm in a teacup stuff again.

Out of 3000 away fans 5 got huckled, some graffiti'd the bogs, some seats got smashed which celtic will pay for.

Out of 9000 home fans 1 got arrested and another almost knocked himself out after falling over the railing (they have a habit of this).

Slow news day it seems....

GreensesArab
03-12-2014, 04:14 PM

I agree. It's refreshing to see someone of her standing going public regarding sectarianism and yes, she has to start somewhere. If it means exploding the self proclaimed myth that Celtic have 'the best fans in the world' then so be it. I wonder what the people of Amsterdam think of them. Dross, hopefully.

PatHead
03-12-2014, 04:26 PM

I agree to an extent but why did she not raise it after the last derby at Easter Road and tell them it would not be tolerated.

Pretty Boy
03-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Correct and its Stokes's comment that stands out in the article for me.

It's similar to those made by black players in England in the seventies and eighties. He doesn't even report it because it's so common and there's absolutely no point. If that was van Dyke tweeting and you substituted "sectarian" for "racist" there would be a national outcry. In fact, we've come so far in the last thirty years in that regard, a black player would probably report racist abuse and maybe walk off with the support of everyone.

This is Scotland though and there are thousands of people who have read what Stakes had to say and thought "serves him right for being so Irish. Fenian *******"

I'm not blaming hearts for this as it was a cup match and hearts fans themselves commented on how many unusual, bigoted faces were there. It's just depressing that people see football matches as focal points to express their hatred.

Agree with much of this.

If Budge was serious about tackling sectarianism she would start with sorting the very vocal problem in her own support and take it from there. Very few people in Scottish football give a toss about seriously tackling religous bigotry.

Smacks of opportunism to me.

Pretty Boy
03-12-2014, 04:30 PM
I agree. It's refreshing to see someone of her standing going public regarding sectarianism and yes, she has to start somewhere. If it means exploding the self proclaimed myth that Celtic have 'the best fans in the world' then so be it. I wonder what the people of Amsterdam think of them. Dross, hopefully.

As I said in my previous post if she had wanted to start somewhere why not start in her own back yard?

Kato
03-12-2014, 04:42 PM
http://www.celticfc.net/news/7220

Pete
03-12-2014, 04:50 PM

It kind of puts a few broken seats and some graffiti into perspective. No wonder kids were terrified.

I don't know who else thinks they have developed a good reputation though.

GreensesArab
03-12-2014, 04:51 PM
As I said in my previous post if she had wanted to start somewhere why not start in her own back yard?

Aye, you have a fair point Pretty Boy. Perhaps the publicity generated by her comments following last weekend's game may prompt her to look inwards and address sectarianism amongst her own team's fans. But the most seething, putrid, vile examples of mass sectarian bigotry is in the west. When the Jambo's do it I find it petty, childish and 'copycat' stuff. Like they feel they need to because they're playing us! Yes, we pay homage to our roots but are culturally a forward looking, modern thinking club devoid of bigotry, racism, sexism etc. All IMO.

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Sorry silver, but I think she should be praised for actually doing something about
it, rather than ignoring it.

As long as she continues to act against her won fans too, as she has suggested will be the case..

See post 25, what did she have to say about that, nothing, I'm sorry but she has a cheek to throw mud at other clubs/supporters when she can't get her own house in order, and when her fans travel to ER and graffiti our stadium with there own s**t and I'm pretty sure at the last Derby our stadium was vandalised with graffiti written all round the stadium before the game had even started, what did she have to say about that, nothing, why did she say nothing when the big huns came to Tynie a few weeks back and The Rangers fans smashed up as many seats and sang there bile at the game and her supporters were just as bad with there pishy songs, one big bigot fest fae the big huns and the wee huns and the trouble that took place outside the ground after the game, nothing said about that from her, but remember her team won that day, at the weekend her team took another hammering from celtc, her team got there first defeat of the season at the weekend and all of a sudden she has plenty to say about kids being traumatised and won't be back to watch them and some seats got broken(the seat thing has been going on for ever, she knows that, why bring it up now) and staff were abused, it would seem that there was some celtc players got some abuse as well but she must have not heard that, only the young traumatised kids did.

Lets all hail Queen Budge as the saviour of football :rolleyes:, she is simply deflecting away from how bad her team was at the weekend and telling us stuff that everyone knows what goes on at these games, they are nasty, but her opening her gub isn't going to change things that happens at these games, just remember she admits to having being a ST holder at tynie before she got the mugs to pay for it out of there DDs and all of a sudden she is being put over as someone who is taking this seriously, my arse, she has heard it all before and said nothing about it but after her team got gubbed at the weekend she cones out with this pish to deflect any talk about how bad her team were, and how bad the nasty celtc fans are, wee no how bad they are when they go to away grounds, they think they are untouchable, and they mainly are.

If the SPL/SFA can't do anything about it then i doubt many folk are going to listen to Mrs Budge and her wee rant about what we already no that 3 clubs in Scotland still get involved in sectarian singing, her club Celtc and The Rangers, she needs to get her own house in order first before having a go at one other club.

Have Celtc responded to her rant yet, the reply from them won't be good, i would expect a rant from Peter Lawwelll pretty soon.

F*** the hertz

Pretty Boy
03-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Aye, you have a fair point Pretty Boy. Perhaps the publicity generated by her comments following last weekend's game may prompt her to look inwards and address sectarianism amongst her own team's fans. But the most seething, putrid, vile examples of mass sectarian bigotry is in the west. When the Jambo's do it I find it petty, childish and 'copycat' stuff. Like they feel they need to because they're playing us! Yes, we pay homage to our roots but are culturally a forward looking, modern thinking club devoid of bigotry, racism, sexism etc. All IMO.

No argument from me about the worst stuff coming from 2 clubs in the west in particular.

Equally there has to be an element of first stones and without sin and all that. Hibs managed to get rid of any sectarian problem we had mainly through self policing by our own fans. Songs about the IRA et al weren't acceptable and people were made aware that was the case. I'm no expert on how sound travels but it didn't sound like a minority of Hearts fans signing about 'fenian blood' at ER a few weeks ago.

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 04:58 PM

And it just happens to be after there first defeat of the season.

Bully for Budge, nothing will change.

thebakerboy
03-12-2014, 05:02 PM
A Jambo friend of mine took his 7 year old to the game and told me afterwards how he had forgotten why he had stopped going to Old Firm games.He said the whole atmosphere was vile and his son asked why some of the regulars who sit near them were not there. He only started going back because his son wanted to but may miss these games in the future.

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 05:07 PM
It could have started when over 3000 of her club's supporters sang a sectarian and illegal song at Easter Road about four weeks ago. She didn't even think to mention that at the time or in her statement. She's at it. Their fans will lap that up and it will have just the effect she wants.

How can folk on here not see this, all of a sudden the tramp thieving poppy stealer's are about to be the leaders in stamping out sectarian singing at football.

:faf:

As you say she is at it, if she is genuine then she should just ban celtc supporters from attending games at her ground as it was more the majority than the minority at the weekend.

Lets think of the kids here, they are being traumatised. At it Queen B.

Aldo
03-12-2014, 05:11 PM
She isn't wrong, Celtic fans are absolute ****.

Pot kettle IMHO.

Hello hello we are the gorgie boys
Hello hello you'll,know us by our noise
We're up,to,out knees in Fenian blood.

Well not sung by the minority but by the whole stand.

Bigoted **** that on their day are as bad if not worse than the bigoted brothers.

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Good post, and provided she is equally vocal in her disgust with Hearts fans' bad behaviour, then it's absolutely right to tackle the issue of sectarianism and anti-social behaviour.

But she hasn't so she is talking pish, nothing new for a yam mind you.

Do folk forget what this mob were getting up to for years and one statement from the Budge woman and her club are now the way ahead and folk better stand up and listen to her.

F*** hertz.

Aldo
03-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Agree with much of this. If Budge was serious about tackling sectarianism she would start with sorting the very vocal problem in her own support and take it from there. Very few people in Scottish football give a toss about seriously tackling religous bigotry. Smacks of opportunism to me.

Enclosure of the asbestos stand for a start.

You tube video with nazi salutes etc.

GreensesArab
03-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Pot kettle IMHO.

Hello hello we are the gorgie boys
Hello hello you'll,know us by our noise
We're up,to,out knees in Fenian blood.

Well not sung by the minority but by the whole stand.

Bigoted **** that on their day are as bad if not worse than the bigoted brothers.

Well she's opened a Pandora's Box now Aldo, so the next time a song like that is belted out by Jambos she should go public and condemn her own fans. If she doesn't, then her reputation is seriously damaged.

davcar
03-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Before we all get holier than thou, how many times have we caused damage at their midden? It's time for all supporters of all clubs to stop acting like animals and causing damage, and definitely time for Septic, Rankers and Hertz to take action on their own sectarian mobs, at least we have rid ourselves of this moronic behaviour

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Except she clearly stated one will be banned for life. Good on her for having the guts to say what needs to be said. The last Hearts ownership IMO allowed an extreme element to fester within their support at least AB seems to be willing to criticise and also ban fans. A good start other teams need to do the same.

You have seen post 25 on this thread, where was the public outcry from her about her own fans about that song, you couldn't not hear it that day, lets not get carried away here, she has banned two supporters, whooppy f***ing do, i don't here any sectarian singing at our games but i bet you Hibs have banned more fans from ER this season for other bad behaviour.

She is f***ing at it.

Poor hertz, our young kids were traumatised, by what by the way.?

paul_hfc3
03-12-2014, 05:24 PM

Spot on. Nailed it

Aldo
03-12-2014, 05:25 PM
How can folk on here not see this, all of a sudden the tramp thieving poppy stealer's are about to be the leaders in stamping out sectarian singing at football. :faf: As you say she is at it, if she is genuine then she should just ban celtc supporters from attending games at her ground as it was more the majority than the minority at the weekend. Lets think of the kids here, they are being traumatised. At it Queen B.

On the day out played, well beaten with loads of decisions going against them and at home. Seats were broken and there was some damage.

But remember it was the big boys from the west who,sang horrible songs and made oor bairns cry.

Funny how every time they come to ER they damage our stadium and sing songs as bad as the big laddies from the west.

Maybe someone should bring that to her attention before she spouts off.

I also posted earlier in the thread that the club pleaded with their fans not to cause damage at the SF against 9 man ICT.

Pre cons for the damage so away back to yur knitting budgie either that or start banning your own for singing sectarian bile..... Which we know won't happen anytime soon.

Aldo
03-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Well she's opened a Pandora's Box now Aldo, so the next time a song like that is belted out by Jambos she should go public and condemn her own fans. If she doesn't, then her reputation is seriously damaged.

She won't for fear of upsetting them and the money running dry!!

For me her rant has already damaged get reputation as she's is just another blinkered yam who cries out the second things aren't going their way....... As it did at weekend.

Problem is closer to home Budgie and until she sorts that out then she needs to sit back and shut up!!

My opinion mind!! ;-)

Crops73
03-12-2014, 05:29 PM
She's dead right.

Can't believe it's turned into a name calling issue.

Someone has to stand up and be counted and hopefully get something done about this sort of thing.

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 05:30 PM

. We are also aware of a home supporter again attempting to enter the field of play at Tynecastle, this time to approach one of our players

No the hertz fans, they don't do this kind of stuff, :rolleyes: Budge must have missed it but you could see the fan on the pitch when watching the game on Sky Sports.

Get your own house in order Queen B.

Aldo
03-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Before we all get holier than thou, how many times have we caused damage at their midden? It's time for all supporters of all clubs to stop acting like animals and causing damage, and definitely time for Septic, Rankers and Hertz to take action on their own sectarian mobs, at least we have rid ourselves of this moronic behaviour

Regardless of what the club do there will always be an a hole element of every support doing something stupid however our club doesn't come out and say things like please don't damage that **** hole etc.

Budge has opened the can of worms yet she fails to see the problem right in front of her nose.

Bigoted cheating robbing sectarian ********s IMHO. They never have and never will change until they sort it out themselves and ban the problems.

green&left
03-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Agree with much of this.

If Budge was serious about tackling sectarianism she would start with sorting the very vocal problem in her own support and take it from there. Very few people in Scottish football give a toss about seriously tackling religous bigotry.

Smacks of opportunism to me.

Couple for starters for her

Booing of the popes minutes silence > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hwcAx5FQT4

Or the maroon and white clad HMFC flute band > http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?210876-They-even-have-their-own-flute-band........-but-it-is-a-minority.

matty_f
03-12-2014, 05:43 PM
She's dead right.

Someone has to stand up and be counted and hopefully get something done about this sort of thing.

And she can start by cleaning her own club's act up before chinning others.

davcar
03-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Regardless of what the club do there will always be an a hole element of every support doing something stupid however our club doesn't come out and say things like please don't damage that **** hole etc.

Budge has opened the can of worms yet she fails to see the problem right in front of her nose.

Bigoted cheating robbing sectarian ********s IMHO. They never have and never will change until they sort it out themselves and ban the problems.

I'm all for banning culprits off vandalism and sectarianism, let them do it their own way, when we are squeaky clean then we can slate others. I agree she has opened a can of worms here, but that's her right as their new custodian and if it gets results then it's all good, if not then only herself to blame. However how long did it take Hibs fans to get the message re flares but hopefully this is now a thing of the past, as much as I like the colour the atmosphere they generate they are dangerous when thrown, like any object thrown onto the field of play.

Kato
03-12-2014, 05:48 PM
She's dead right.

She might be right(ish) but the questions are; Why the emphasis on Celtic fans when their own fans are just as bad? and, Why not speak out after the derby a few weeks ago when Hearts were singing about being up to their knees in fenian blood? Why now?

3pm
03-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Very lucky that only a hundred seats were damaged. Will be around £8 to fix.

Maybe more advisable to speak out when the bill runs to double figures.

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 05:57 PM
She's dead right.

She should have stood up a few weeks ago and said something about her own fans being up to there knees in it, but no lets wait until the bad celtc fans turn up and there team gave them a thumping and then we will kick off, trying to be victims here, you couldn't make it up, the cheats fae seasons past have all of a sudden became the voice of Scottish football.

It was only a few weeks ago she was complaining about the facilities at grounds for women, should they get better facilities than the male population at games, the only toilet she will have used at football is the toilet of a ground she sits in.

Get your own house in order Budge woman, your ground is a dump, i bet as you have found out by now since you took over the DD mugs, that facilities are a lot better at other grounds compared to your s**thole.

sambajustice
03-12-2014, 06:00 PM

Aye, she looked pretty disgusted in her interview above...

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm all for banning culprits off vandalism and sectarianism, let them do it their own way, when we are squeaky clean then we can slate others. I agree she has opened a can of worms here, but that's her right as their new custodian and if it gets results then it's all good, if not then only herself to blame. However how long did it take Hibs fans to get the message re flares but hopefully this is now a thing of the past, as much as I like the colour the atmosphere they generate they are dangerous when thrown, like any object thrown onto the field of play.

Did she also miss the flare thrown in to the Hibs East stand at the last Derby.

Take the blinkers off Budge.

3pm
03-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Did she also miss the flare thrown in to the Hibs East stand at the last Derby.

Take the blinkers off Budge.

I just thought you had sparked up!

sleeping giant
03-12-2014, 06:04 PM

I'm positive he will remember when flares were fashionable :greengrin

21 inches with cut bottoms over the top of pod sandles :greengrin

emerald green
03-12-2014, 06:05 PM
As the saying goes, "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Does Budge seriously expect anyone to believe that she was completely unaware of the moronic and sectarian behaviour of her own clubs supporters every time they come to ER? Their wee sectarian songs, and the disgusting damage caused to the South stand?

To be honest, when it comes down to it, one lot (HOMFC & Celtic) is as bad as the other. It's just that Celtic have a larger number of **** than HOMFC.

I wonder if she would have spoken out if her club had won on Sunday?

EDIT: Has she forgotten the incident when one of her clubs supporters attacked Neil Lennon?

3pm
03-12-2014, 06:06 PM

Ha Ha Ha Ha!

weonlywon6-2
03-12-2014, 06:19 PM
I see what she is trying to say but she really needs to get her own house in order before she has a go at anyone else

KDY Hibs
03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
See post 25, what did she have to say about that, nothing, I'm sorry but she has a cheek to throw mud at other clubs/supporters when she can't get her own house in order, and when her fans travel to ER and graffiti our stadium with there own s**t and I'm pretty sure at the last Derby our stadium was vandalised with graffiti written all round the stadium before the game had even started, what did she have to say about that, nothing, why did she say nothing when the big huns came to Tynie a few weeks back and The Rangers fans smashed up as many seats and sang there bile at the game and her supporters were just as bad with there pishy songs, one big bigot fest fae the big huns and the wee huns and the trouble that took place outside the ground after the game, nothing said about that from her, but remember her team won that day, at the weekend her team took another hammering from celtc, her team got there first defeat of the season at the weekend and all of a sudden she has plenty to say about kids being traumatised and won't be back to watch them and some seats got broken(the seat thing has been going on for ever, she knows that, why bring it up now) and staff were abused, it would seem that there was some celtc players got some abuse as well but she must have not heard that, only the young traumatised kids did.

Lets all hail Queen Budge as the saviour of football :rolleyes:, she is simply deflecting away from how bad her team was at the weekend and telling us stuff that everyone knows what goes on at these games, they are nasty, but her opening her gub isn't going to change things that happens at these games, just remember she admits to having being a ST holder at tynie before she got the mugs to pay for it out of there DDs and all of a sudden she is being put over as someone who is taking this seriously, my arse, she has heard it all before and said nothing about it but after her team got gubbed at the weekend she cones out with this pish to deflect any talk about how bad her team were, and how bad the nasty celtc fans are, wee no how bad they are when they go to away grounds, they think they are untouchable, and they mainly are.

If the SPL/SFA can't do anything about it then i doubt many folk are going to listen to Mrs Budge and her wee rant about what we already no that 3 clubs in Scotland still get involved in sectarian singing, her club Celtc and The Rangers, she needs to get her own house in order first before having a go at one other club.

Have Celtc responded to her rant yet, the reply from them won't be good, i would expect a rant from Peter Lawwelll pretty soon.

F*** the hertz

Agreed.

Aldo
03-12-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm positive he will remember when flares were fashionable :greengrin 21 inches with cut bottoms over the top of pod sandles :greengrin

SG very fashionable indeed (in their time) kickers it was for me!! ;-)

sleeping giant
03-12-2014, 06:33 PM
SG very fashionable indeed (in their time) kickers it was for me!! ;-)

Aye but I had a multicoloured Pepe key ring.

Aldo
03-12-2014, 06:40 PM

The club tried to sort it internally ie liaised with groups etc before going public with a statement and yes it took time but we tried to sort it and didn't blame others unlike Budge. This is where we differ from them. We didn't point the finger at other clubs for it but went about resolving it ourselves.

What she has insinuated is that the big bad bigots from the west came, sung bad songs and trashed her stadium and upset folk that supported her team whilst no one supporting her team did anything wrong.

I stand by my previous comments about her, her team and everything/ one associated with her. Take off your tinted specks and sort yourselves out before you go pointing the finger.

Aldo
03-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Aye but I had a multicoloured Pepe key ring.

Doh!! That beats me..... Also had port side boating shoes I bought from McKenzie that used to have a shop at Hunters square iirc.

Those were the days!!

Showing our age SG!! ;-)

Greenblood70
03-12-2014, 06:42 PM
The only thing budge is queen of is hypocrisy. I ****ing hate those gorgie bawbags more and more with each passing day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Www1875hfc
03-12-2014, 06:43 PM
Tell Queen Budgie to sit in Section N when we come to Tynecastle for the new year derby ? :wink:

sleeping giant
03-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Doh!! That beats me..... Also had port side boating shoes I bought from McKenzie that used to have a shop at Hunters square iirc.

Those were the days!!

Showing our age SG!! ;-)
Nike Cagoul :-)

Adidas ZX 600's
I'll be impressed if anyone can remember them.

ronaldo7
03-12-2014, 06:52 PM

F*** the hertz

:top marks She must have had earmuffs in when she used to sit in the Wheatfield cess pit. Once she's got her own house in order can she then dish it out.

davcar
03-12-2014, 07:07 PM
The club tried to sort it internally ie liaised with groups etc before going public with a statement and yes it took time but we tried to sort it and didn't blame others unlike Budge. This is where we differ from them. We didn't point the finger at other clubs for it but went about resolving it ourselves.

What she has insinuated is that the big bad bigots from the west came, sung bad songs and trashed her stadium and upset folk that supported her team whilst no one supporting her team did anything wrong.

I stand by my previous comments about her, her team and everything/ one associated with her. Take off your tinted specks and sort yourselves out before you go pointing the finger.

this 100% I stand partially corrected, thanks

Aldo
03-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Nike Cagoul :-) Adidas ZX 600's I'll be impressed if anyone can remember them.

Had a pair of 600's grey with yellow stripes back in the day and a pair of 750''s brown a few years back.

Was the cagoule a two tone job??

Aldo
03-12-2014, 07:18 PM
this 100% I stand partially corrected, thanks

No worries at all davcar!! :-)

sleeping giant
03-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Had a pair of 600's grey with yellow stripes back in the day and a pair of 750''s brown a few years back.

Was the cagoule a two tone job??

Twas indeed.
Two tone blue.

lEXO
03-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Club owner speaks out against sectarianism and hatred and has a go at a section of her own fans. That is a good thing in my opinion. More should be doing the same.

Aldo
03-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Twas indeed. Two tone blue.

I'm now showing my age!! ;-)

EastCalderHibby
03-12-2014, 07:33 PM
But she hasn't so she is talking pish, nothing new for a yam mind you.

Do folk forget what this mob were getting up to for years and one statement from the Budge woman and her club are now the way ahead and folk better stand up and listen to her.

F*** hertz.

:top marks :agree:

Swedish hibee
03-12-2014, 07:42 PM
She's talking about other teams horrible fans when her own support has ran on to attack players (derek), managers (lennon) & away fans (the fool who ran upto the east last new year). Never-mind the amount of damage done to ER by the Hearts fans....

:kettle:No sympathy from me. You reap what you sow Queen Budge.

EastCalderHibby
03-12-2014, 07:48 PM
On the day out played, well beaten with loads of decisions going against them and at home. Seats were broken and there was some damage.

But remember it was the big boys from the west who,sang horrible songs and made oor bairns cry.

Funny how every time they come to ER they damage our stadium and sing songs as bad as the big laddies from the west.

Maybe someone should bring that to her attention before she spouts off.

I also posted earlier in the thread that the club pleaded with their fans not to cause damage at the SF against 9 man ICT.

Pre cons for the damage so away back to yur knitting budgie either that or start banning your own for singing sectarian bile..... Which we know won't happen anytime soon.

why no ban every yam fan that was their on sunday after all she's still got 391,000 of them in reserve ::greengrin:

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 07:48 PM

SdGP only puffs green, nae maroon s**t in my lungs. :greengrin

Aldo
03-12-2014, 07:49 PM
why no ban every yam fan that was their on sunday after all she's still got 391,000 of them in reserve ::greengrin:

Ha ha!! Not sure how they will fit them all into their 52,000 mainstandhotelcasino??

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 07:50 PM

I now feel as old as Jonnyboy, pods were the biz. :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
03-12-2014, 07:52 PM
They were the wrong be kind of bigoted songs, Mrs Budge prefers the ones they were belting out at Easter Road widely discussed on here she didn't feel the need to mention.

Aldo
03-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I now feel as old as Jonnyboy, pods were the biz. :greengrin

Some of us are older than others eh Silver (just though mate) ;-)

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Nike Cagoul :-)

Adidas ZX 600's
I'll be impressed if anyone can remember them.

Only because you are mentioning them :greengrin

Still got my wrangler denim coat. :cb

Carheenlea
03-12-2014, 08:10 PM
A 12000 odd crowd, populated in the main by bigoted imbeciles, what else was Budge expecting?

Everyone knows Hearts v Celtic has for a long time been an unsavory fixture and will continue to be so in the future.

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Time the SFA/SPL closed the place down if there fans are going to keep running on to the pitch during games to try and attack players and managers, hope the Compliance Officer has seen Celtcs statement and take action against Queen Bs fans for once again trying to get on to the pitch to attack opposition players when they score goals.

And now we no why the kids were traumatised, they must have been sitting close to this yam paedo.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/lolz/what-do-you-look-like-hearts-fan-goes-to-the-celtic-game-wearing-in-a-bath-robe-video/

AndyM_1875
03-12-2014, 08:23 PM
A 12000 odd crowd, populated in the main by bigoted imbeciles, what else was Budge expecting?

Everyone knows Hearts v Celtic has for a long time been an unsavory fixture and will continue to be so in the future.

Indeed it's poisonous in the way that Aberdeen v Rangers is. But with added sectarianism.

I have a lot of time for what Ann Budge is saying but she does need to clean up her own support. The 'Fenian blood' brigade need clearing out permanently. I've often wondered why that garbage just isn't an issue with Hibs yet our city rivals just can't shake it off.

That does not however excuse Celtic's dewy eyed view of their own support as there's little doubt they have some of the ****miest supporters on the face of the planet.My Dutch Ajax friends absolutely despise them and never want to play them again. Last year they behaved like filth, treating dam Square as a urinal, fighting in the street and annoying the locals. Dont believe Ajax? Ask Dundee's chairman who complained about them last year.

So why is anyone surprised some of their number smash seats, toilets and act like the vandals they are?

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Some of us are older than others eh Silver (just though mate) ;-)

:thumbsup:

Still going strong though bud. :greengrin

Hows the shoulder. :aok:

Just Alf
03-12-2014, 08:32 PM
It's a start I guess.... Let's see if she actually follows it up.
I'm a bit suspicious over the motive (timing etc) but we'll see soon enough if it's all just wee and wind.

Oh..... Silver, I'm starting to get a bit of a hint that you possibly might have some very slight negative feelings regarding our "good friends" over the road? :thumbsup:

Aldo
03-12-2014, 08:36 PM
:thumbsup: Still going strong though bud. :greengrin Hows the shoulder. :aok:

Indeed mate indeed.

Not good. Another op on 8th Jan - manipulation under general anaesthetic and if that doesn't work they will open me up again shortly after. :-(

heretoday
03-12-2014, 08:41 PM
It's not so long ago that a Hearts fan ran out of the stand and attacked the Celtic manager. I presume Mrs Budge was "taking care of business" that day.

JimBHibees
03-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Club owner speaks out against sectarianism and hatred and has a go at a section of her own fans. That is a good thing in my opinion. More should be doing the same.

Absolutely agree.

JimBHibees
03-12-2014, 09:14 PM
You have seen post 25 on this thread, where was the public outcry from her about her own fans about that song, you couldn't not hear it that day, lets not get carried away here, she has banned two supporters, whooppy f***ing do, i don't here any sectarian singing at our games but i bet you Hibs have banned more fans from ER this season for other bad behaviour.

She is f***ing at it.

Poor hertz, our young kids were traumatised, by what by the way.?

Harsh, she has every right to criticise both sets of fans after Sundays game.

Can't remember Hibs ever doing anything similar.

Just Alf
03-12-2014, 09:28 PM
The full statement

"I feel it is important that I respond to some of the issues that have arisen/emails received following the Scottish Cup tie between Hearts and Celtic on Sunday and I hope this goes some way to offering reassurance that we are totally committed to creating a safe and comfortable environment in which to enjoy the Tynecastle matchday experience.

It is important to stress the values and principles we are trying to promote within the club and the behaviour we are seeking to encourage.

Many of our fans are supporting our efforts to improve the overall experience at Tynecastle and to create a truly family-focused culture.

For this to work, we need to do everything in our power to ensure our opposition on the day also enjoys the experience of coming to Tynecastle. Friendly banter is acceptable - some might even say desirable - threatening and intimidating behaviour between supporters is not.

However, we also need our visiting fans to behave accordingly. Based on emails and communications received into the club it would seem both sets of supporters had cause for complaint on Sunday.

Sunday past - November 30th - was, of course, St Andrew’s day - a day when we should all be proud to be Scots! Unfortunately, I was certainly not overly proud of some of the behaviour I witnessed and heard about both during and after the game.

The match was a disappointing football spectacle for both sets of supporters. However, as football supporters, we know that things will not always go our way on the pitch; we know that players will make mistakes; we know that referees will make calls that we do not all agree with. That is football! It does not justify bad behavior - on or off the field.

At Hearts, poor on-field behaviour is scrutinised, disciplined and, where appropriate, punished. The same approach must apply off the field.

The police report confirms that one Hearts supporter was arrested at the match for sectarian abuse. That is unacceptable and dangerous. In line with my previous statement of zero tolerance, that individual will not be allowed back into the stadium.

The same police report confirms that five Celtic supporters were arrested for sectarian abuse, coin throwing and disorderly behaviour. I hope that Celtic will take appropriate action against those individuals who let them down. Certainly, at Hearts, we will do everything in our power to ensure they are never again allowed into Tynecastle.

I was appalled at the vandalism carried out by our visiting supporters on Sunday. Having recently spent significant sums to replace broken seats in the Roseburn Stand, for the benefit, primarily, of our away supporters, I was hugely disappointed to witness the destruction of close to 100 seats. Similarly, the graffiti on walls, tiles, doors - basically all types of surfaces - was quite disgraceful and this is not to mention the damage to toilets.

I have discussed all of these matters with members of the Celtic Executive and we are working co-operatively to address the issues. No club should be on the receiving end of such unacceptable behaviour and no club should be put in the position of having to defend such behaviour.

The most distressing emails/reports I have received are of intimidation both to fans and to staff from away fans. Everyone gets frustrated when officials and police appear to take little or no action.

This is something I will discuss with the authorities but as many of us know, their response is very often influenced by a need not to further inflame a situation. The only real answer is to try to remove those people who cause the problems and who spoil the whole experience for so many others.

I was pleased to learn that approximately 20% of the Hearts supporters on Sunday were youths. This is fantastic evidence that we are appealing to the family. The not so good news is that I have received a number of emails/letters from parents stating that their children were terrified/had to be removed part way through the game/were traumatised - and as such would be unlikely ever to want to return to a game. This is appalling.

OK. These letters relate to a tiny proportion of the 12,000-plus crowd. The number is unimportant. We want to be a family-oriented club, offering a thoroughly enjoyable matchday experience for both sets of supporters - in a safe and non-threatening environment.

I promise that this current management team will do everything in its power to try to make this happen. This includes taking action against our own supporters who let the side down; vigorously pressing other clubs to be accountable for the actions of their supporters and where necessary petitioning the authorities to take appropriate action.

I would urge Hearts supporters to stick with us and supporters of other visiting clubs to recognise that we want to offer a welcoming environment at Tynecastle where both teams can enjoy the matchday experience. For Scottish football to survive and develop, we need each other.

Let’s look forward to welcoming the Queen of the South supporters to Tynecastle on Saturday."

Talking a good game.... Let's see where it goes...

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 09:35 PM
It's a start I guess.... Let's see if she actually follows it up.
I'm a bit suspicious over the motive (timing etc) but we'll see soon enough if it's all just wee and wind.

Oh..... Silver, I'm starting to get a bit of a hint that you possibly might have some very slight negative feelings regarding our "good friends" over the road? :thumbsup:

None of my good friends support that manky mob.

And it is all pish and wind, Queen B is at it.

Weirdo's in house coats, bigots in the stands giving the celtc coaching staff abuse and she never heard it, she is at it and it won't be long before we are being told about the abuse she is now recieving from the nasty celtc fans, i wonder if she has ever ventured on to "Brokeback" and see how her fans behave on that MB.

Get your own dump of a house in order first Budge and worry more about the idiots keep paying there Direct Debits.

"I heard fae Tam in the pub that Craig (the Bitch) Levein was seen with a sledgehammer smashing chairs up in the away end a few hours after the game, he did look a tad angry during the the game so maybe Tam is ITK.

F*** hertz

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Indeed mate indeed.

Not good. Another op on 8th Jan - manipulation under general anaesthetic and if that doesn't work they will open me up again shortly after. :-(

No good to here bud, hopefully the manipulation works eh. :aok:

If there is any yams looking in any chance of getting your spare third arm for this guy, second thoughts ram it up your backside, probably where you keep it now that Vlads gone.

PatHead
03-12-2014, 09:44 PM
The full statement

"I feel it is important that I respond to some of the issues that have arisen/emails received following the Scottish Cup tie between Hearts and Celtic on Sunday and I hope this goes some way to offering reassurance that we are totally committed to creating a safe and comfortable environment in which to enjoy the Tynecastle matchday experience.

It is important to stress the values and principles we are trying to promote within the club and the behaviour we are seeking to encourage.

Many of our fans are supporting our efforts to improve the overall experience at Tynecastle and to create a truly family-focused culture.

For this to work, we need to do everything in our power to ensure our opposition on the day also enjoys the experience of coming to Tynecastle. Friendly banter is acceptable - some might even say desirable - threatening and intimidating behaviour between supporters is not.

However, we also need our visiting fans to behave accordingly. Based on emails and communications received into the club it would seem both sets of supporters had cause for complaint on Sunday.

Sunday past - November 30th - was, of course, St Andrew’s day - a day when we should all be proud to be Scots! Unfortunately, I was certainly not overly proud of some of the behaviour I witnessed and heard about both during and after the game.

The match was a disappointing football spectacle for both sets of supporters. However, as football supporters, we know that things will not always go our way on the pitch; we know that players will make mistakes; we know that referees will make calls that we do not all agree with. That is football! It does not justify bad behavior - on or off the field.

At Hearts, poor on-field behaviour is scrutinised, disciplined and, where appropriate, punished. The same approach must apply off the field.

The police report confirms that one Hearts supporter was arrested at the match for sectarian abuse. That is unacceptable and dangerous. In line with my previous statement of zero tolerance, that individual will not be allowed back into the stadium.

The same police report confirms that five Celtic supporters were arrested for sectarian abuse, coin throwing and disorderly behaviour. I hope that Celtic will take appropriate action against those individuals who let them down. Certainly, at Hearts, we will do everything in our power to ensure they are never again allowed into Tynecastle.

I was appalled at the vandalism carried out by our visiting supporters on Sunday. Having recently spent significant sums to replace broken seats in the Roseburn Stand, for the benefit, primarily, of our away supporters, I was hugely disappointed to witness the destruction of close to 100 seats. Similarly, the graffiti on walls, tiles, doors - basically all types of surfaces - was quite disgraceful and this is not to mention the damage to toilets.

I have discussed all of these matters with members of the Celtic Executive and we are working co-operatively to address the issues. No club should be on the receiving end of such unacceptable behaviour and no club should be put in the position of having to defend such behaviour.

The most distressing emails/reports I have received are of intimidation both to fans and to staff from away fans. Everyone gets frustrated when officials and police appear to take little or no action.

This is something I will discuss with the authorities but as many of us know, their response is very often influenced by a need not to further inflame a situation. The only real answer is to try to remove those people who cause the problems and who spoil the whole experience for so many others.

I was pleased to learn that approximately 20% of the Hearts supporters on Sunday were youths. This is fantastic evidence that we are appealing to the family. The not so good news is that I have received a number of emails/letters from parents stating that their children were terrified/had to be removed part way through the game/were traumatised - and as such would be unlikely ever to want to return to a game. This is appalling.

OK. These letters relate to a tiny proportion of the 12,000-plus crowd. The number is unimportant. We want to be a family-oriented club, offering a thoroughly enjoyable matchday experience for both sets of supporters - in a safe and non-threatening environment.

I promise that this current management team will do everything in its power to try to make this happen. This includes taking action against our own supporters who let the side down; vigorously pressing other clubs to be accountable for the actions of their supporters and where necessary petitioning the authorities to take appropriate action.

I would urge Hearts supporters to stick with us and supporters of other visiting clubs to recognise that we want to offer a welcoming environment at Tynecastle where both teams can enjoy the matchday experience. For Scottish football to survive and develop, we need each other.

Let’s look forward to welcoming the Queen of the South supporters to Tynecastle on Saturday."

Talking a good game.... Let's see where it goes...

She didn't criticise their player for the sending off or the manager for his inflamatory comments. She needs to look inwards first

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 09:52 PM
It's not so long ago that a Hearts fan ran out of the stand and attacked the Celtic manager. I presume Mrs Budge was "taking care of business" that day.

They were at it at the weekend, on the pitch trying to attack celtc players, she seems to be missing a lot out from the weekend, is the pitch invader getting banned as well, or is this just the norm at your ground now Queen B and just accepted nowadays.

Springbank
03-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Questions

1) have hearts seen the YouTube footage of their fans a few weeks ago at Easter Road (on p1 of thread)?

2) does Ann budge agree this is the same type AND intensity of sectarian chanting she so roundly condemns in other teams?

3) does she have the list of hearts fans who purchased these tickets for Easter road that day (I suspect so)

4) will she ban these supporters for their "unacceptable behaviour"

Springbank
03-12-2014, 09:57 PM
For the record I took my 6 year old boy to that game and he was disgusted with the hearts chants

03-12-2014, 10:01 PM
read that earlier, quite bizarre coming from someone who owns a club with a vile set of fans, who even celebrate smearing there own excrement over toilet walls at other grounds...pfft :rolleyes: STFU budge and start looking at your own moronic support before criticising other sets of fans

Exactly. A truly vile, bigotted (big) element in their support who have a long history of invading the pitch, attempts at attacking players/managers, racism etc. And not to mention things like the disgusting "Petrov 36 days to live" banner for example. The list of their shameful behaviour knows no end and they have the cheek to come out and take the moral high ground :faf:

Nomeancity
03-12-2014, 10:15 PM
We moan about scottish football being run for the benefit of the old firm. When someone at last has the 'balls' to take them on, we do nothing but criticise. Whether hearts fans are as bad or to blame, I'm just pleased to see that someone at last isn't scared to stand up to them. So well done to her.

macca70
03-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Wonder if anyone made her aware of the Neil Lennon attack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpXBgDZVoak&sns=em

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-12-2014, 10:29 PM
We moan about scottish football being run for the benefit of the old firm. When someone at last has the 'balls' to take them on, we do nothing but criticise. Whether hearts fans are as bad or to blame, I'm just pleased to see that someone at last isn't scared to stand up to them. So well done to her.

What, bow to the sanctimoneous, virtous p!sh coming from those ****s.....will no one think of the irony?

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 10:32 PM

Or the Derek Riordan attack where several fans tried to attack him after scoring a winning goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvGL4OOW55A

:casper:

macca70
03-12-2014, 10:33 PM
These kids that claim to have been 'traumatised', wonder if they were sitting in the designated family area.

The atmosphere at Tynie for hearts v celtic games has been venomous for years.

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Nice fans you have Queen B.

http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.3512794.1408354209!/image/567094530.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleImgDeriv_628px/567094530.jpg

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 10:40 PM
You must be so proud of your support.

http://balls.ie/football/sickening-banner-spotted-amongst-hearts-supporters-at-hampden-park-yesterday/

Disgusting club with disgusting fans.

You are full of pish Queen B.

F*** the hertz

Leithenhibby
03-12-2014, 10:53 PM

I'm I right in saying this Guy got off with this? :rolleyes:

silverhibee
03-12-2014, 11:07 PM
I'm I right in saying this Guy got off with this? :rolleyes:

Was found guilty of a breach of the peace if i remember correctly.

Leithenhibby
03-12-2014, 11:09 PM

Just that a guy mentioned it on Sunday watching the game, couldn't think why he'd get off. :aok:

monktonharp
03-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Totally agree with that. Apparently she has banned for life the Hearts fan involved and also the fan from the previous derby so is actually acting and not just saying. Good on her for having the guts to comment and not hide.oh, well that's a new thing. not read it in the EEN. CANT BE TRUE

monktonharp
03-12-2014, 11:22 PM
I find it very hard to read and see Hibernian fans applauding Ann Budge for any of her comments. she is trying to portray her club as the good side of Scottish football, which most on here know is simply not the case. apart from their activities over the last 2 years with financies, their support has been abnoxious over the years and most times have got away with their behaviour very lightly. traumatized kids, must have been traumatized by being next to their ain Ma, at the hame end.

Sir David Gray
03-12-2014, 11:35 PM

:agree: He was cleared of assault after the allegation that it was aggravated by religious prejudice was found to be not proven. However he was found guilty of a breach of the peace and sentenced to eight months in prison.

He was also given a football banning order lasting five years.

Hibernia&Alba
04-12-2014, 01:09 AM
I find it very hard to read and see Hibernian fans applauding Ann Budge for any of her comments. she is trying to portray her club as the good side of Scottish football, which most on here know is simply not the case. apart from their activities over the last 2 years with financies, their support has been abnoxious over the years and most times have got away with their behaviour very lightly. traumatized kids, must have been traumatized by being next to their ain Ma, at the hame end.

But by pointing the finger at Celtic, she is unwittingly inviting scrutiny upon the Hearts support too, which can only be a good thing also. The tacit acceptance of sectarianism in a way which is no longer tolerated in relation to racism and homophobia must be challenged. It's the elephant in the room that too many people are still scared to confront, and whether it's Celtic fans, Hearts fans, or even any Hibs fans for that matter, religious hatred remains Scotland's shame and must be booted out.

Aldo
04-12-2014, 05:34 AM
No good to here bud, hopefully the manipulation works eh. :aok: If there is any yams looking in any chance of getting your spare third arm for this guy, second thoughts ram it up your backside, probably where you keep it now that Vlads gone.

Ha ha! Cheers Silver!! Quality btw pure quality!!

Aldo
04-12-2014, 06:00 AM
But by pointing the finger at Celtic, she is unwittingly inviting scrutiny upon the Hearts support too, which can only be a good thing also. The tacit acceptance of sectarianism in a way which is no longer tolerated in relation to racism and homophobia must be challenged. It's the elephant in the room that too many people are still scared to confront, and whether it's Celtic fans, Hearts fans, or even any Hibs fans for that matter, religious hatred remains Scotland's shame and must be booted out.

Starts at the clubs and if the clubs don't do anything then the SPFL or SFA or whatever they are called should intervene.

Sectarian bile is spouted pretty much every week at hunbrox, Darkheid and at the PBS (depending in the opposition) is heard during television/radio coverage yet nothing is mentioned about it in the media. Head in the sand/accepted or acceptable - it shouldn't be but it is.

Did Budge come out and disown or criticise the stand full of Yams a few weeks back at ER after singing -

"WE'RE UP TO OUR KNEES IN FENIAN BLOOD - SURRENDER OR YOULL DIE
COS WE ARE THE GORGIE BILLY BOYS"

Waving their union jacks about.

NOPE. Don't think so.

Yeah I'm all for folk standing up to it but blaming others where a share of the blame falls on your own door stop reeks of hypocracy.

I also sense that the first thing that goes wrong at ER and the media are on it like a rash.

There is no way Budge will,point to the majority of her own fans for fear of losing money they desperately need to run their venomous club.

Carheenlea
04-12-2014, 06:16 AM
Starts at the clubs and if the clubs don't do anything then the SPFL or SFA or whatever they are called should intervene.

Sectarian bile is spouted pretty much every week at hunbrox, Darkheid and at the PBS (depending in the opposition) is heard during television/radio coverage yet nothing is mentioned about it in the media. Head in the sand/accepted or acceptable - it shouldn't be but it is.

Did Budge come out and disown or criticise the stand full of Yams a few weeks back at ER after singing -

"WE'RE UP TO OUR KNEES IN FENIAN BLOOD - SURRENDER OR YOULL DIE
COS WE ARE THE GORGIE BILLY BOYS"

Waving their union jacks about.

NOPE. Don't think so.

Yeah I'm all for folk standing up to it but blaming others where a share of the blame falls on your own door stop reeks of hypocracy.

I also sense that the first thing that goes wrong at ER and the media are on it like a rash.

There is no way Budge will,point to the majority of her own fans for fear of losing money they desperately need to run their venomous club.

If she wasn't sitting in the directors box she would have been bouncing about chanting the song along with the Gorgie dregs herself.

Aldo
04-12-2014, 06:17 AM
If she wasn't sitting in the directors box she would have been bouncing about chanting the song along with the Gorgie dregs herself.

Probably. Mind you she's not that far from the enclosure so could surely see and hear what was being sung and going on.

Aldo
04-12-2014, 06:28 AM
Smellic have replied to Budges comments and makes for good reading.

Smellic have spoken to the police and they have not had any damage reported to them by the yams.

They also mention the abuse etc received by the managers and staff.

Over to you Budgey??

Cropley10
04-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Never hear a peep out of Petrie in response to the litany of trouble and damage Herts fans cause.

Wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds.

Sent from a phone

Jack
04-12-2014, 07:12 AM
I think its a good thing she's spoken out if only for the reason the conversation needs to re re re re start somewhere and as plenty have said it will put the club she owns under closer scrutiny.

As for the damage to seats being paid for by the offending clubs supporters. I think this may be true for cup games where income is split.

For league games I have my doubts. We've been told they are billed for it and maybe some sort of "bill" is sent but I suspect its dealt with like car insurance on a knock for knock basis.

Its difficult to believe the yams would pay these bills ahead of the likes of the police, charities, NHS, even their own players and there was no sign of any such debt on the lengthy creditors list when they went boobs up.

ronaldo7
04-12-2014, 07:31 AM
I think its a good thing she's spoken out if only for the reason the conversation needs to re re re re start somewhere and as plenty have said it will put the club she owns under closer scrutiny.

As for the damage to seats being paid for by the offending clubs supporters. I think this may be true for cup games where income is split.

For league games I have my doubts. We've been told they are billed for it and maybe some sort of "bill" is sent but I suspect its dealt with like car insurance on a knock for knock basis.

Its difficult to believe the yams would pay these bills ahead of the likes of the police, charities, NHS, even their own players and there was no sign of any such debt on the lengthy creditors list when they went boobs up.

It might have been nice if she'd started the conversation after the last derby at ER. She would then have more kudos for taking on her own clubs failings.

Glesgahibby
04-12-2014, 08:03 AM
The real question is motive.
anyone could speak out about sectarian behaviour but not everyone is in a position to help eradicating it from football.if she is genuine and wants to contribute to this cause,then she will sort out her own fans and show the OF how it's done.
I would question the above based on the other arse cheek being at the PBS two weeks ago and bringing there own vile contribution of sectarian behaviour and nothing being said,I wonder did hearts win that game?

AndyM_1875
04-12-2014, 08:40 AM
The real question is motive.
anyone could speak out about sectarian behaviour but not everyone is in a position to help eradicating it from football.if she is genuine and wants to contribute to this cause,then she will sort out her own fans and show the OF how it's done.
I would question the above based on the other arse cheek being at the PBS two weeks ago and bringing there own vile contribution of sectarian behaviour and nothing being said,I wonder did hearts win that game?

Rangers were only given about 1800 tickets for that game I believe.
Ann Budge wants people to behave like human beings but when you take a poisonous fixture like Hearts v Celtic and add in 2 supports who when combined produce the worst example of bottom feeder filth... well you're always going to be struggling with that one.

Also, here's a thing Hibs don't have a problem with fans screaming sectarian tripe.... why is it that Hearts still do in this day and age? Why have we shaken that nonsense off and they still can't?

JimBHibees
04-12-2014, 09:08 AM

Couldnt agree more. She has had the guts to criticise what needs to be criticised including her own fans not shot down. Actions do speak louder than words and she needs to start sorting out her own elements also who do exactly the same she is criticising others for. She is only in the door give her time.

Cameron1875
04-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Hearts didn't win = toys out the pram.

We wouldn't even be having this discussion if they were in the next round imo but they aren't so... :greengrin

Glesgahibby
04-12-2014, 09:15 AM
Rangers were only given about 1800 tickets for that game I believe.
Ann Budge wants people to behave like human beings but when you take a poisonous fixture like Hearts v Celtic and add in 2 supports who when combined produce the worst example of bottom feeder filth... well you're always going to be struggling with that one.

Also, here's a thing Hibs don't have a problem with fans screaming sectarian tripe.... why is it that Hearts still do in this day and age? Why have we shaken that nonsense off and they still can't?
Yip that's 1800 who would be sharing a stand/closer to the home fans.
I suppose there chants wouldn't upset the home fans as much :wink:
Hibs don't have this problem because we addressed it without thinking of the short term financial loss.
hearts have this problem because they have never addressed it,could this be the time to do so?

brog
04-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Sorry, haven't read full thread so apologies if duplicating. My main thought is I'm delighted with Ann Budge raising this issue for a whole number of reasons.
1. Fundamentally she is correct, old republican ditties were being given laldy on Sunday, I almost found myself whistling Sean South at one point! :wink: The ridiculous thing is, if 2 wee Hibs laddies sing a proscribed song they'll be arrested. If 3,000 Celtc or the other lot's manky fans do the same, nothing happens. I think she's a decent woman, if she was representing Hibs we would be applauding her.
2. She's picked on the wrong opponents! Celtc & their club are paragons of virtue, never racist or sectarian & are loved by everyone! Seriously, by picking on Celtc, they'll fight back & she'll now be shining a light on the activities of many of her own imbecilic followers. Maybe, just maybe it could be the beginning of the end of the media love in with all things Yam.
3. We'll get involved here but on balance I hope our club remains detached from the tit for tat argument. However, any journo's looking in, please feel free to print stories about the Yams wrecking ER on numerous occasions.

Finally, I know it's an old one but I believe the Celtc fans' vandalism resulted in £1,000 worth of improvements! :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Have they paid us the 10k for the vandalism they caused last season? It's time this board piped up and let her know that the **** that follower her team are just as bad as anyone else who do these kind of things.

MurrayfieldHibs
04-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Still wondering why there is such a love in from the BBC to the yams. Tom English spouts off "Excellent statement from Ann Budge. Strong leadership. Everybody should applaud her." with no critical comments on the well publicised atrocious behaviour of the yam support.:confused:

On the same BBC bias point, how is it that the Edinburgh East and Fife section has been quick to have the yams latest home win featuring prominently for the whole of the following week yet when they get horsed at home in the Scottish Cup it doesn’t even get a mention????? :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland/edinburgh_east_and_fife/

CraigHibee
04-12-2014, 12:43 PM

that thought crossed my mind also! if that was the case it would be down to the behaviour of their own fans rather than celtic's imo

silverhibee
04-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Couldnt agree more. She has had the guts to criticise what needs to be criticised including her own fans not shot down. Actions do speak louder than words and she needs to start sorting out her own elements also who do exactly the same she is criticising others for. She is only in the door give her time.

Just had a wee read over her statement again but can't see where she is criticising her own supporters, she mentions she has banned one yam for sectarian abuse, and she mentions that 5 celtc fans were arrested for the same thing, but Celtc have responded and said none of the 5 celtc fans were arrested for sectarian abuse, why did she not have a go at her own support for once again coming on to the field of play to attack celtc players after they had scored a goal or say something about the abuse the celtc coaching staff were getting from the asbestos stand, that's where she sits so she must have heard the abuse they were getting but she never said anything about that either, did she not hear the abuse that Stokes was getting from her fans, she is playing games here and folk are falling for it..

The bit in bold, correct she is only in the door as a owner but she has been attending that dump as a season ticket holder for long enough to no what the horrible songs are that her team and the old firm clubs sing, and yet she missed this one from her own fans at the Derby only a few weeks ago. Not a peep from Budge about that.?

And not to forget the idiots that tried to run on to the pitch after they got there goal and throw a flare in to the Hibs fans in the East, but she missed it all, funny that eh Jim.

I'm for one am not buying that Mrs Budge is here to stamp out what has been happening at games for a very long time after her team were gubbed by celtc, she has taken it badly that her team got beat and has deflected football talk about how poor her team were at the weekend to making out that the nasty celtc fans ruined the day out for her team and fans and that kids were left traumatised and had to leave the game and won't be back, let's see the emails and letters from the parents who wrote to that vile club complaining about how these kids were traumatised.

I bet if her team had won the game we would never have heard from her about this crap.

Lets see if she sticks to her word, I'm betting she won't and she is just deflecting away from how pish her team were at the weekend.

F*** the hertz

silverhibee
04-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Sorry, haven't read full thread so apologies if duplicating. My main thought is I'm delighted with Ann Budge raising this issue for a whole number of reasons.
1. Fundamentally she is correct, old republican ditties were being given laldy on Sunday, I almost found myself whistling Sean South at one point! :wink: The ridiculous thing is, if 2 wee Hibs laddies sing a proscribed song they'll be arrested. If 3,000 Celtc or the other lot's manky fans do the same, nothing happens. I think she's a decent woman, if she was representing Hibs we would be applauding her.
2. She's picked on the wrong opponents! Celtc & their club are paragons of virtue, never racist or sectarian & are loved by everyone! Seriously, by picking on Celtc, they'll fight back & she'll now be shining a light on the activities of many of her own imbecilic followers. Maybe, just maybe it could be the beginning of the end of the media love in with all things Yam.
3. We'll get involved here but on balance I hope our club remains detached from the tit for tat argument. However, any journo's looking in, please feel free to print stories about the Yams wrecking ER on numerous occasions.

Finally, I know it's an old one but I believe the Celtc fans' vandalism resulted in £1,000 worth of improvements! :greengrin

But she's not, she is representing a club that is involved in sectarian singing and needs to get her own set of fans in order before she starts throwing mud at others.

Queen B is at it here.

JimBHibees
04-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Just had a wee read over her statement again but can't see where she is criticising her own supporters, she mentions she has banned one yam for sectarian abuse, and she mentions that 5 celtc fans were arrested for the same thing, but Celtc have responded and said none of the 5 celtc fans were arrested for sectarian abuse, why did she not have a go at her own support for once again coming on to the field of play to attack celtc players after they had scored a goal or say something about the abuse the celtc coaching staff were getting from the asbestos stand, that's where she sits so she must have heard the abuse they were getting but she never said anything about that either, did she not hear the abuse that Stokes was getting from her fans, she is playing games here and folk are falling for it..

The bit in bold, correct she is only in the door as a owner but she has been attending that dump as a season ticket holder for long enough to no what the horrible songs are that her team and the old firm clubs sing, and yet she missed this one from her own fans at the Derby only a few weeks ago. Not a peep from Budge about that.?

And not to forget the idiots that tried to run on to the pitch after they got there goal and throw a flare in to the Hibs fans in the East, but she missed it all, funny that eh Jim.

I'm for one am not buying that Mrs Budge is here to stamp out what has been happening at games for a very long time after her team were gubbed by celtc, she has taken it badly that her team got beat and has deflected football talk about how poor her team were at the weekend to making out that the nasty celtc fans ruined the day out for her team and fans and that kids were left traumatised and had to leave the game and won't be back, let's see the emails and letters from the parents who wrote to that vile club complaining about how these kids were traumatised.

I bet if her team had won the game we would never have heard from her about this crap.

Lets see if she sticks to her word, I'm betting she won't and she is just deflecting away from how pish her team were at the weekend.

F*** the hertz

You seem to be on a bit of a crusade with this.

The paragragh in bold is IMO nonsense, I cant imagine the result had any bearing on her subsequent comments. She is a businesswoman and will want fans to come back to the ground and if she is getting reports of parents of kids saying they wont due to both fans behaviour then she should speak out.

She has banned one fan already and threatened to ban another so at least has taken action. It will take time but she has put her head above the parapet and had the guts to speak out. Cant remember anyone at Hibs doing something similar. You are right though actions over time will speak louder than words.

silverhibee
04-12-2014, 03:26 PM

The paragragh in bold is IMO nonsense, I cant imagine the result had any bearing on her subsequent comments. She is a businesswoman and will want fans to come back to the ground and if she is getting reports of parents of kids saying they wont due to both fans behaviour then she should speak out.

She has banned one fan already and threatened to ban another so at least has taken action. It will take time but she has put her head above the parapet and had the guts to speak out. Cant remember anyone at Hibs doing something similar. You are right though actions over time will speak louder than words.

No it's not, the big huns were just as bad when they came visiting tynie at the last game, they smashed up seats, sang there songs and caused a fair bit of bother outside the ground, just like celtc fans done, why did she not speak out that day, was it because her team won that day and didn't want to take the good feeling away about her club beating The Rangers, let the press revel in there great win and lets not be controversial about how bad the fans were that day because they won, but when they get gubbed by celtc she can't wait to open her big mouth.

And what about the video i posted, why did she not speak out about the majority of her fans singing that song at the Derby.

She is at it, just like the long list of owners players directors managers who have slavered a load of S***E from that club over the years, she didn't come from another planet, she has been a yam all her days, she will just be like the rest of horrible folk who have been involved in that club.

Sorry Jim, but not buying her rant.

Crops73
04-12-2014, 03:36 PM

Those were the days!!

Showing our age SG!! ;-)

College jumpers?

They were the way forward!

Kato
04-12-2014, 03:39 PM
The paragragh in bold is IMO nonsense, I cant imagine the result had any bearing on her subsequent comments.

That has to be seen in comparison to any reaction by her when her fans were singing sectarian songs after they snatched a draw at ER, a game during which a Hearts fan threw a flare into the Hibs. Her reaction was to say nothing.

weonlywon6-2
04-12-2014, 03:57 PM

Budge has hearts fans in her back pocket and what she says goes,if they upset her she can easily walk away and they know it

Aldo
04-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Just had a wee read over her statement again but can't see where she is criticising her own supporters, she mentions she has banned one yam for sectarian abuse, and she mentions that 5 celtc fans were arrested for the same thing, but Celtc have responded and said none of the 5 celtc fans were arrested for sectarian abuse, why did she not have a go at her own support for once again coming on to the field of play to attack celtc players after they had scored a goal or say something about the abuse the celtc coaching staff were getting from the asbestos stand, that's where she sits so she must have heard the abuse they were getting but she never said anything about that either, did she not hear the abuse that Stokes was getting from her fans, she is playing games here and folk are falling for it.. The bit in bold, correct she is only in the door as a owner but she has been attending that dump as a season ticket holder for long enough to no what the horrible songs are that her team and the old firm clubs sing, and yet she missed this one from her own fans at the Derby only a few weeks ago. Not a peep from Budge about that.? YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pa84mgCHqA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pa84mgCHqA) And not to forget the idiots that tried to run on to the pitch after they got there goal and throw a flare in to the Hibs fans in the East, but she missed it all, funny that eh Jim. I'm for one am not buying that Mrs Budge is here to stamp out what has been happening at games for a very long time after her team were gubbed by celtc, she has taken it badly that her team got beat and has deflected football talk about how poor her team were at the weekend to making out that the nasty celtc fans ruined the day out for her team and fans and that kids were left traumatised and had to leave the game and won't be back, let's see the emails and letters from the parents who wrote to that vile club complaining about how these kids were traumatised. I bet if her team had won the game we would never have heard from her about this crap. Lets see if she sticks to her word, I'm betting she won't and she is just deflecting away from how pish her team were at the weekend. F*** the hertz

I'm with Silver on this one.

Rattles oot the pram after their first home defeat and blaming the other teams fans for a 7 year old laddie getting upset and having to leave.

We all know what the bigot brothers are like and the bile they spew but Budge needs to look a lot closer to home before she points the finger at others. There are far to many incidents involving the club she now owns to blame it on a minority.

The video you posted Silver is how's it's not the minority but 3000 plus signing sectarian bile. IIRC she was sat in the Directors block that day. Maybe she didn't hear it from there so couldn't comment!!!!

She is at it plain and simple.

great atmosphere no doubt at games but players getting abused, managers and players getting attacked. I actually wonder how many fans she would or will ban should she hear singing that pish!!!! My guess is zilch/none/nil/zero.

She's as bad as them for ignoring it.

FTH!!

Hibernia&Alba
04-12-2014, 05:40 PM
There is too much hypocrisy from the usual clubs when it comes to this serious issue - the statements from Budge and Celtic being the latest episode of the blame game. It's pity that as a game and a country we can't agree to tackle this menace once and for all for the greater good.

JimBHibees
04-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Budge has hearts fans in her back pocket and what she says goes,if they upset her she can easily walk away and they know it

Good she should use her power in a good way.

Swedish hibee
04-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Only this year a hearts fan ran over to the east and gestured to our fans. She should start with her own fans before criticizing others. She is at it.

Carheenlea
04-12-2014, 10:38 PM
No it's not, the big huns were just as bad when they came visiting tynie at the last game, they smashed up seats, sang there songs and caused a fair bit of bother outside the ground, just like celtc fans done, why did she not speak out that day, was it because her team won that day and didn't want to take the good feeling away about her club beating The Rangers, let the press revel in there great win and lets not be controversial about how bad the fans were that day because they won, but when they get gubbed by celtc she can't wait to open her big mouth.

And what about the video i posted, why did she not speak out about the majority of her fans singing that song at the Derby.

She is at it, just like the long list of owners players directors managers who have slavered a load of S***E from that club over the years, she didn't come from another planet, she has been a yam all her days, she will just be like the rest of horrible folk who have been involved in that club.

Sorry Jim, but not buying her rant.

:agree:

silverhibee
04-12-2014, 10:39 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/you-deserve-shot-stokes-bigoted-4744943

What are your thoughts on this Queen B.

Dashing Bob S
04-12-2014, 11:06 PM
When there's folk like this around, what chance have you got?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/boy-asked-for-uff-flag-for-christmas-30795194.html

Kid asked for a UVF/UFF flag over a PS4, right ye are hen, sure he did :aok::cb

Quite a good one as it happens. Those simpletons are increasingly marginalised and held in contempt. It's unfortunate for the kid that they have a such a dippy parent, there are less people who seriously buy into that nonsense that there used to be.

Thecat23
04-12-2014, 11:14 PM
The whole club are a bunch of whinging ********s. Including Budge! When Hearts are doing well they want all the praise in the world. When the slightest little thing goes against them they scream from the rooftops how hard done by they are because the poor souls would never brake the law!!!

Away and throw ***** at yourself budge you patronising old boot. Sorry to anyone who this may offend. She's an @rse and Neilson is a Noel Hunt and possibly the most miserable man in football.

Also a tramp!!!!!!!

silverhibee
04-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Whatever jobbie Robbie, who would want to take there wife and kids to a asbestos stadium, good luck with the USA model. We can have picnics in the streets and all be nice to each other.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/robbie-neilson-no-need-for-hostile-tynecastle-1-3625707

monktonharp
04-12-2014, 11:58 PM
That has to be seen in comparison to any reaction by her when her fans were singing sectarian songs after they snatched a draw at ER, a game during which a Hearts fan threw a flare into the Hibs. Her reaction was to say nothing.:agree:

monktonharp
05-12-2014, 12:38 AM
statement

"I feel it is important that I respond

It is important to stress the values and principles we are trying to promote.

For this to work, we need to do everything in our power to ensure our opposition on the day also enjoys the experience of coming to Tynecastle. Friendly banter is acceptable - some might even say desirable -

we know that referees will make calls that we do not all agree with. That is football! It does not justify bad behavior - on or off the field.

The police report confirms that one Hearts supporter was arrested at the match for sectarian abuse. That is unacceptable and dangerous.

Similarly, the walls, tiles, doors - basically all types of surfaces - quite disgraceful and this is not to mention the toilets. No club should be on the receiving end of such unacceptable behaviour and no club should defend such behaviour

Talking a good game..... aye right then Annie. :wink:

Haymaker
05-12-2014, 01:09 AM
Whatever jobbie Robbie, who would want to take there wife and kids to a asbestos stadium, good luck with the USA model. We can have picnics in the streets and all be nice to each other.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/robbie-neilson-no-need-for-hostile-tynecastle-1-3625707

Having been to a lot of mls games the majority of people tend to be on free tickets with no care about the game in front of them and with lots of people wandering around all the time.

Aldo
05-12-2014, 06:00 AM
Whatever jobbie Robbie, who would want to take there wife and kids to a asbestos stadium, good luck with the USA model. We can have picnics in the streets and all be nice to each other. :faf: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/robbie-neilson-no-need-for-hostile-tynecastle-1-3625707

What really irks me is their continued quoting of "20 % of the crowd were kids" looks like they are looking for the sympathy vote on this one.

This again is another bit I like

“We’re under no illusions: there are a small minority of fans who go to games and act irresponsibly, but the vast majority of fans are well behaved and it’s up to the individual clubs to eradicate any problems they have within the club. Football is moving on, life is moving on – it’s not just the case that you can go on a Saturday and slate people.

What about the 3000 or so singing sectarian bile at ER when you were in the stadium.

Looks like it's all Smellics fault however I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday that of the 6 arrested only 1 was for or in relation to sectarianism and that arrest was a Yam.

It's not taken long for Budge to start her pish!!

we are hibs
05-12-2014, 06:24 AM
The whole club are a bunch of whinging ********s. Including Budge! When Hearts are doing well they want all the praise in the world. When the slightest little thing goes against them they scream from the rooftops how hard done by they are because the poor souls would never brake the law!!!

Away and throw ***** at yourself budge you patronising old boot. Sorry to anyone who this may offend. She's an @rse and Neilson is a Noel Hunt and possibly the most miserable man in football.

Also a tramp!!!!!!!

This.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2014, 07:02 AM
She's quickly learning how to deflect the truth and go for the sympathy vote, i'd tell her to go out and buy a mirror but she's probably broken enough of them for now.

Www1875hfc
05-12-2014, 07:08 AM

Also a tramp!!!!!!!

Spot on.
Embarrassed by nothing, offended by everything.

Kato
05-12-2014, 08:26 AM
This.

Especially this.

She's an @rse and Neilson is a Noel Hunt and possibly the most miserable man in football.

Also a tramp!!!!!!!

silverhibee
05-12-2014, 01:54 PM
What really irks me is their continued quoting of "20 % of the crowd were kids" looks like they are looking for the sympathy vote on this one.

This again is another bit I like

“We’re under no illusions: there are a small minority of fans who go to games and act irresponsibly, but the vast majority of fans are well behaved and it’s up to the individual clubs to eradicate any problems they have within the club. Football is moving on, life is moving on – it’s not just the case that you can go on a Saturday and slate people.

What about the 3000 or so singing sectarian bile at ER when you were in the stadium.

Looks like it's all Smellics fault however I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday that of the 6 arrested only 1 was for or in relation to sectarianism and that arrest was a Yam.

It's not taken long for Budge to start her pish!!

Think we are on the same page here mate :agree: the thieves are going for the sympathy vote:agree: you couldn't make it up eh.

Lets think of the kids.

So it was her own fans that traumatised the poor kids sitting in the home stands with the bile they were singing.

The Thieves of Scottish football are now telling Scottish football is that they're model is the way ahead in Scottish football and you all better stand up and listen to s**t stirring Queen B.

F*** the hertz.

lyonhibs
05-12-2014, 02:05 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/you-deserve-shot-stokes-bigoted-4744943

What are your thoughts on this Queen B.

An absolute load of slavers coming from. champagne Charlie. The logic flow in his argument is comic.

PatHead
05-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Knew it would happen sooner or later. Went for a pint on my way home tonight and met a Hearts supporter who told me that Budge will revolutionise Scottish football by getting rid of sectarianism. Didn't appreciate when I told him in no uncertain terms that only 3 clubs n Scotland have that problem.

Carheenlea
05-12-2014, 07:21 PM
She's quickly learning how to deflect the truth and go for the sympathy vote, i'd tell her to go out and buy a mirror but she's probably broken enough of them for now.

Harsh :tee hee:

Kato
05-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Knew it would happen sooner or later. Went for a pint on my way home tonight and met a Hearts supporter who told me that Budge will revolutionise Scottish football by getting rid of sectarianism. Didn't appreciate when I told him in no uncertain terms that only 3 clubs n Scotland have that problem.

Weirdos.

Van driver came to my work and got similarly sanctimonious. I asked if he had seen the latest thing on youtube with disgraceful scenes from Scottish fans and eh wasn't happy when I showed him this.

He denied it was sectarian !!!

....I know it's been on this thread before, but it perfectly highlights their and Budge's hypocrisy.

Phil D. Rolls
06-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Weirdos.

Van driver came to my work and got similarly sanctimonious. I asked if he had seen the latest thing on youtube with disgraceful scenes from Scottish fans and eh wasn't happy when I showed him this.

He denied it was sectarian !!!

....I know it's been on this thread before, but it perfectly highlights their and Budge's hypocrisy.

Yeah, but none of them said "Fenian" did they? In that case, it's a club song based on the old song "Marching Through Georgia". That's not sectarian is it?

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-12-2014, 10:14 AM
In my book they have sectarian supporters always have had and always will have and would go as far to say those involved in yamland at board level.

It's ironic (and sadly for me) that I know more Catholic yams than Protestant and that's quite a few having worked with loads of them over the years, my "heart" goes out to them for having to support such a bigoted club, and at the next derby we'll see if tweety pie's silly statement is worth anything.

As a previous poster has already said **** them!

Keith_M
06-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Yeah, but none of them said "Fenian" did they? In that case, it's a club song based on the old song "Marching Through Georgia". That's not sectarian is it?

Apologies if you're being saracastic....

I've heard plenty of them sing the 'up to our knees in Fenian Blood' version.

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Apologies if you're being saracastic....

I've heard plenty of them sing the 'up to our knees in Fenian Blood' version.

I dare say, but the clip was far from conclusive. If anything, they seem to press the mute button themselves when they get to that word.

Kato
07-12-2014, 03:25 PM
I dare say, but the clip was far from conclusive. If anything, they seem to press the mute button themselves when they get to that word.

Splitting hairs really - you can hear clearly what they are saying at games.

emerald green
07-12-2014, 07:26 PM

I've been called a Fenian b****** going to, during, and after football matches by the supporters of two clubs in particular. Namely, Rangers and Hearts. I'm not saying every single one of them is a mindless bigot, but these clubs have a large number of them, particulary Rangers.

There are one or two other clubs fans that are a bit like this too in my past experience. Namely Airdrie and Dundee.

The sad fact is this. Most of them probably don't actually have a clue what the Fenian Brotherhood actually was, where it was founded, and why. It is now used basically as a demeaning term for catholics in general.

jdships
07-12-2014, 07:44 PM
I've been called a Fenian b****** going to, during, and after football matches by the supporters of two clubs in particular. Namely, Rangers and Hearts. I'm not saying every single one of them is a mindless bigot, but these clubs have a large number of them, particulary Rangers.

There are one or two other clubs fans that are a bit like this too in my past experience. Namely Airdrie and Dundee.

The sad fact is this. Most of them probably don't actually have a clue what the Fenian Brotherhood actually was, where it was founded, and why. It is now used basically as a demeaning term for catholics in general.

Interesting post!!
Earlier this year I was invited to a retiral doo for a driver employed by the company I was a manager with.
As it is with these events we got round to talking football and amongst the group was a lad late 30's with the " Red Hand of Ulster " tatooed on his arm .
He couldn't understand that at 82 I could support Hibs and not be an RC ! " Surely your parents would not be happy with that ?" was his reply.
I explained how my uncle who had played for Hibs and was a Methodist , as I was brought up , took me to ER as a boy and religion never came into it

I made it my business to find out what he did for a living.
An EO in the " Job Centre" :rolleyes:

I doubt if we will ever eradicate it !!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-12-2014, 07:57 PM
I worked through in Glasgow for 9 months back in the 90's and was constantly on the end of that nonsense from both cheeks of the arse that is the old firm.

emerald green
07-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Interesting post!!
Earlier this year I was invited to a retiral doo for a driver employed by the company I was a manager with.
As it is with these events we got round to talking football and amongst the group was a lad late 30's with the " Red Hand of Ulster " tatooed on his arm .
He couldn't understand that at 82 I could support Hibs and not be an RC ! " Surely your parents would not be happy with that ?" was his reply.
I explained how my uncle who had played for Hibs and was a Methodist , as I was brought up , took me to ER as a boy and religion never came into it

Thanks jdships. I read your reply with interest too.

What you describe is a mindset that's still all too prevalent in Scotland, much of it based on ignorance, and passed down through generations of the same family/families.

It's a very telling statement you highlighted - "surely your parents would not be happy with that?" Looks very much that's where his views were formed possibly.

I wonder what his connection with Ulster was (Red Hand) if any?

You are probably correct to doubt that it will ever be completely eradicated. Education is the key here, but even then it may take generations sadly.

Hibernia&Alba
07-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Sadly, religious prejudice is still far too common in Scotland, and a problem that is so deep seated in history can't be solved quickly. It will take decades and several generations of hard work from the football clubs, the politicians and all of society. We are making progress in terms of making such bigotry unacceptable, but it will be a long fight. We need a combination of continual education and punishment of transgressors. At Hibs we be can proud of our record of inclusivity and equality going way back. That isn't being smug, it's backed up by the behavior of the support, which hasn't manifested sectarianism in my time as a fan. I've never been asked by a fellow Hibs fans about my religious beliefs, nor heard talk that has made me uncomfortable by being intolerant.

Brizo
07-12-2014, 08:04 PM
The Hertz support are either unwilling or unable to self police their substantial minority of diet hun types. The club at boardroom level before Budge have done little or nothing to address their problem from the 70s onwards. The Hertz bigots are living in a 70s / 80s time warp. The diet hun mentality was all over Scottish fitba thirty years ago - Dundee, Motherwell, Falkirk, Killie etc. Its now left to Hertz and Doddys Dirty diamonds to fly the flag.

Having worked with so many Hertz in "real life" most, while obviously deluded, haven't struck me as bigots. The handful ive met who have expressed bigoted views have mainly been from out of town, although I do know of a particularly hardcore Hertz bigot from the Inch :confused:

Maybe the Hertz diets hide it better in the real world than the full blown huns :dunno:. Maybe scratch well below the surface and theres more of a Cormack legacy in 21st century Embra than you might think :dunno:.

Hibernia&Alba
07-12-2014, 08:09 PM
The Hertz support are either unwilling or unable to self police their substantial minority of diet hun types. The club at boardroom level before Budge have done little or nothing to address their problem from the 70s onwards. The Hertz bigots are living in a 70s / 80s time warp. The diet hun mentality was all over Scottish fitba thirty years ago - Dundee, Motherwell, Falkirk, Killie etc. Its now left to Hertz and Doddys Dirty diamonds to fly the flag.

Having worked with so many Hertz in "real life" most, while obviously deluded, haven't struck me as bigots. The handful who ive met who have expressed bigoted views have mainly been from out of town although I do know of a particularly hardcore one from the Inch :confused:

Maybe the Hertz diets hide it better in the real world than the full blown huns :dunno:. Maybe scratch well below the surface and theres more of a Cormack legacy in 21st century Embra than you might think :dunno:.

Airdrie, being just down the road from Glasgow is riddled with bigots; those supporting their local team being just as bad as those who get the bus to Ibrox. Still a few numpties knocking around in the other clubs you mention, but I agree, there's progress.

carnoustiehibee
07-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Rangers supporters trust statement

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sj12bm

NAE NOOKIE
07-12-2014, 09:14 PM

:kettle:

jdships
07-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Thanks jdships. I read your reply with interest too.

What you describe is a mindset that's still all too prevalent in Scotland, much of it based on ignorance, and passed down through generations of the same family/families.

It's a very telling statement you highlighted - "surely your parents would not be happy with that?" Looks very much that's where his views were formed possibly.

I wonder what his connection with Ulster was (Red Hand) if any?

You are probably correct to doubt that it will ever be completely eradicated. Education is the key here, but even then it may take generations sadly.

Again a good honest balanced post - thank you
You chose the right word there - MINDSET - I was a shipyard apprentice and a part time footballer in the early '50's
At 16 on my first day at work my "journeyman" after introducing himself asked " whit fit dae ye kick with then son ?"
I said I was brought up in the Methodist Church in Junction Street he replied " oh that lot that dinae ken whit they are " :greengrin

I served in the forces later and the last thing that was discussed was religion - you were mates or you weren't;
My closest and dearest friend, now dead, was man from Dublin who was a staunch RC. It made not one whit of difference to us and for what it's worth he was a Dunfermline supporter !!!!!!!!!!!!!
About thirty years ago I gave up on religion completely and honestly don't feel any different or less happy and contented ( except about Hibs ) :aok::greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
07-12-2014, 09:51 PM

Wow. That's some amount of brass neck the RST have. How many times have they been done by UEFA for sectarian songs? They also sing about Irish paramilitary groups and undoubtedly have the biggest problem in the UK when it comes to sectarianism. Opportunism for them, rather than a serious proposal for ridding the game of bigotry on all sides. I'll be interested to see whether they release a similar statement the next time the Rangers support steps out of line.

emerald green
07-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Again a good honest balanced post - thank you
You chose the right word there - MINDSET - I was a shipyard apprentice and a part time footballer in the early '50's
At 16 on my first day at work my "journeyman" after introducing himself asked " whit fit dae ye kick with then son ?"
I said I was brought up in the Methodist Church in Junction Street he replied " oh that lot that dinae ken whit they are " :greengrin

I served in the forces later and the last thing that was discussed was religion - you were mates or you weren't;
My closest and dearest friend, now dead, was man from Dublin who was a staunch RC. It made not one whit of difference to us and for what it's worth he was a Dunfermline supporter !!!!!!!!!!!!!
About thirty years ago I gave up on religion completely and honestly don't feel any different or less happy and contented ( except about Hibs ) :aok::greengrin

Cheers again jdships. It's funny (I don't mean funny in an insulting way) hearing about the Methodists being described as "that lot that dinnae ken whit they are". I suspect that journeyman wasn't the sharpest tack in the box, and didn't have much of a clue either! :greengrin

EDIT: I've always had a wee soft spot for the Pars too. Except when they play Hibs.

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2014, 09:17 AM

But I couldn't hear it in that video.

Or, given that they don't know what it means, is it possibly a demeaning term for Hibs fans in general?

Having worked with so many Hertz in "real life" most, while obviously deluded, haven't struck me as bigots. The handful ive met who have expressed bigoted views have mainly been from out of town, although I do know of a particularly hardcore Hertz bigot from the Inch :confused:

This I agree with. Hearts are not doing enough to police it, and these latest spats with Celtic just keep the hatred simmering. I wonder what's in it for either of them?

If you are going to throw the book at the diddy teams you mention, at least complete the set and include us. After all, our chairman made a famous declaration that there was no place for sectarianism in our support - IIRC it was after a game at rugby park.

Calling Dundee FC bigots is wide of the mark. They knew so little about sectarianism that they called themselves the "Dens Derry" obviously unaware of the sectarian connotations of the name Derry.

Falkirk and Motherwell? Are you serious? I'm starting to think that somebody eating an orange might be committing a sectarian act in your book.

You're right though, if you scratch deep enough, you'll always find what you're looking for. A Cormack legacy, don't make me laugh.

jdships
08-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Cheers again jdships. It's funny (I don't mean funny in an insulting way) hearing about the Methodists being described as "that lot that dinnae ken whit they are". I suspect that journeyman wasn't the sharpest tack in the box, and didn't have much of a clue either! :greengrin

EDIT: I've always had a wee soft spot for the Pars too. Except when they play Hibs.

Absolutely on the money .
Old C was a the font of all knowledge re greyhounds and how to manufacture overtime - end of
This is exactly the mindset that you speak of .
It's like Politics used to be viz:
" Seein' ma great grandfaither voted ............. and ma grand faither voted ............ and ma faither voted .... ah haftae vote ...............":greengrin .

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2014, 09:36 AM
Wow. That's some amount of brass neck the RST have. How many times have they been done by UEFA for sectarian songs? They also sing about Irish paramilitary groups and undoubtedly have the biggest problem in the UK when it comes to sectarianism. Opportunism for them, rather than a serious proposal for ridding the game of bigotry on all sides. I'll be interested to see whether they release a similar statement the next time the Rangers support steps out of line.

The group responsible for this are affiliated with The Green Brigade, who have been encouraged and tolerated by Celtic Football Club officials. This despite outward shows of support for the IRA and various offensive banners including one protesting against Remembrance Sunday.

Except for when they were censured and banned. Pathetic statement from the RST, but interesting to note that any dissent from their view of things like Northern Ireland and Remembrance Sunday, is intolerable. Who'd have thunk it?

AndyM_1875
08-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Interesting post!!

Hi jdships - My great grandfather lived in Drum Terrace and used to watch the Hibs team of the early 1920s who apparently were a pretty decent side. I am told he was a regular Church of Scotland attending man but supported his local side.

In the modern era I honestly think Hibs have been a real example of a club that has left all that sectarian rubbish behind in history's dustbin whilst at the same time being proud of our roots and being welcoming to all. There are only three clubs still struggling with this problem, It's still a source of amazement to me that our Gorgie neighbours haven't acted on their ugly element sooner. It's not as if they can ever "out Hun" Rangers to appeal to the next load of knuckledraggers but they sure give it a go when they play Celtic.

Brizo
09-12-2014, 08:20 PM
This I agree with. Hearts are not doing enough to police it, and these latest spats with Celtic just keep the hatred simmering. I wonder what's in it for either of them?

If you are going to throw the book at the diddy teams you mention, at least complete the set and include us. After all, our chairman made a famous declaration that there was no place for sectarianism in our support - IIRC it was after a game at rugby park.

Calling Dundee FC bigots is wide of the mark. They knew so little about sectarianism that they called themselves the "Dens Derry" obviously unaware of the sectarian connotations of the name Derry.

Falkirk and Motherwell? Are you serious? I'm starting to think that somebody eating an orange might be committing a sectarian act in your book.

You're right though, if you scratch deep enough, you'll always find what you're looking for. A Cormack legacy, don't make me laugh.

You obviously weren't going to away games in the 70s and early to mid 80s. The clubs I mentioned were, and I stress the word were, all singing songs straight out of the huns songbook and shouting sectarian stuff on a regular basis when I went to those grounds. And yes Dundee were right in there. As for the name "derry" the sectarian connotations could just as easily be the " brigton derry" ones. All of those clubs deserve credit for self policing that stuff out of their supports and I don't need lessons from you about us doing it at ER.

As for the second last line of your post are you serious ? If you don't think those clubs had a diet hun element thirty years ago, if you did go to games you must have gone with your ears and eyes closed. Its all changed now but to say it wasn't there in the 70s and 80s is nonsense

We pride ourselves on being a tolerant cosmopolitan city but theres a substantial minority at Tynecastle using the fitba to spout the same stuff Cormack and his followers were spouting 80 years ago. If that's not a legacy, what is ?

As for your final "don't make me laugh" , its you that likes to think your a dotnet comedian and your post certainly was a joke.