PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Together Working together - leeann's first six months

WeeWendy
01-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Hi

here's a link to the summary of the last meeting: http://eepurl.com/9Y5Qz

Next meeting is at 6.30pm on 10 December at the stadium. We'll be having a Q&A with Leeann, reflecting on her first six months at Hibs.

PM me with any additional agenda items, or if you are attending a Working Together meeting for the first time.

Cheers!

ronaldo7
02-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Hi Wendy,

Is this position salaried or voluntary? And what does a Supporter Liaison Officer do? Is this a new post? How many officers do we have?

APPOINTMENTS
Colin Miller has been appointed Supporter Liaison Officer, and Wendy MacAdie, currently secretary of Working Together, takes up post as Executive Director of Hibernian Community Foundation in December. Whilst Wendy will continue to be involved in Working Together, a volunteer to take on the role of secretary would be welcome - contact hibswendy@yahoo.co.uk

Jack
02-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi ronaldo7, I think I can answer that on Wendy's behalf.

Colin was announced as the SLO but no details of what the role involves at Hibs were given.

The SLO thing is a UEFA initiative and all clubs are required to have one.

ronaldo7
02-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Hi ronaldo7, I think I can answer that on Wendy's behalf.

Colin was announced as the SLO but no details of what the role involves at Hibs were given.

The SLO thing is a UEFA initiative and all clubs are required to have one.

Thanks Jack.

Do you know if Uefa are picking up the tab for Colin, or is he a volunteer (unpaid)? And thanks for the stuff on the bounce last night:aok:

Found a decent link on the subject. http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/what-is-a-supporter-liaison-officer

The jobs need to be tailored to set different situations in different places – a one-size fits all model doesn't work. It needs to be allowed to develop in its own way at each club. But it needs to be someone fans feel is able to represent their case too. If the person is someone who comes from fans then the success rate is high. The exact person might vary from club to club, some smaller clubs have volunteers. The most important thing, however, is that the person chosen has credibility with everyone concerned, i.e. the fans, the club management, the police, stewards, etc.

It doesn't have to be an elected position but it shouldn't be someone who is seen as being a representative of the club. A security officer, for example, won't work. We know many European clubs still aren't familiar with the concept but we hope to educate people.

How do clubs view things when the fans turn against the club?

On the continent the experience varies, some have very close relationship but that can change if fans suddenly turn on a CEO or something. But that anger can be channelled through a SLO. For example at Schalke 04 the club decided they needed to put ticket prices up which the fans were unhappy with.

The club met with fans and explained that they could freeze prices now but would have to increase them in two or three years time if they did that. The fans also had their say and, as a result, didn't criticise when the rise was implemented because of the consultation process.

The Role seems to be a buffer between the fans and the CEO if the article is anything to go by.

Jack
02-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Thanks Jack.

Do you know if Uefa are picking up the tab for Colin, or is he a volunteer (unpaid)? And thanks for the stuff on the bounce last night:aok:

I'm going from memory here, from a couple of years ago, but as I understand it the SFA pick up a percentage.

Colin is a full time employee at Hibs.

You're welcome.

monktonharp
02-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Thanks Jack.

Found a decent link on the subject. http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/what-is-a-supporter-liaison-officer

The jobs need to be tailored to set different situations in different places – a one-size fits all model doesn't work. It needs to be allowed to develop in its own way at each club. But it needs to be someone fans feel is able to represent their case too. If the person is someone who comes from fans then the success rate is high. The exact person might vary from club to club, some smaller clubs have volunteers. The most important thing, however, is that the person chosen has credibility with everyone concerned, i.e. the fans, the club management, the police, stewards, etc.

It doesn't have to be an elected position but it shouldn't be someone who is seen as being a representative of the club. A security officer, for example, won't work. We know many European clubs still aren't familiar with the concept but we hope to educate people.

How do clubs view things when the fans turn against the club?

On the continent the experience varies, some have very close relationship but that can change if fans suddenly turn on a CEO or something. But that anger can be channelled through a SLO. For example at Schalke 04 the club decided they needed to put ticket prices up which the fans were unhappy with.

The club met with fans and explained that they could freeze prices now but would have to increase them in two or three years time if they did that. The fans also had their say and, as a result, didn't criticise when the rise was implemented because of the consultation process.

The Role seems to be a buffer between the fans and the CEO if the article is anything to go by.I know exactly how I feel about the club I have supported, and call my own club for almost 47 years now. some SLO, employed by the club or salaried from some uefa/sfa orginisation certainly does not put my feelings across. NOT in my Name. fans don't suddenly turn against their club, they voice there concerns, they moan and complain and when they see that their point of view is not listened to, they take action. seems like you want someone that the BOARD WILL ACCEPT. not quite a fans rep, is it?

ronaldo7
03-12-2014, 12:09 AM
I know exactly how I feel about the club I have supported, and call my own club for almost 47 years now. some SLO, employed by the club or salaried from some uefa/sfa orginisation certainly does not put my feelings across. NOT in my Name. fans don't suddenly turn against their club, they voice there concerns, they moan and complain and when they see that their point of view is not listened to, they take action. seems like you want someone that the BOARD WILL ACCEPT. not quite a fans rep, is it?

Hi Wullie,

You seem to have got the wrong end of the stick.

I was wondering why the club have suddenly appointed someone for this job. It seems to me that Leeann is putting in an SLO as a way of communicating with the fans. A buffer so to speak. Or she maybe getting the SFA to pay for somone who's already on our books:rolleyes:

I've read the link in my post above and it's all been driven by Uefa to try and eradicate hooliganism/violence, and to smooth the process of fans having a say in their clubs.

I've also had a wee peek at the Uefa Supporters Liason officers handbook, and he's got some job on his hands.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/84/35/28/1843528_DOWNLOAD.pdf

On your last sentence, you're right, he's not a fans rep.:aok:

The board/Leeann have appointed him so he'll do fine for them. I just wonder what he's going to do for the fans, and how he's going to go about it. Only time will tell eh.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Hi Wullie,

You seem to have got the wrong end of the stick.

I was wondering why the club have suddenly appointed someone for this job. It seems to me that Leeann is putting in an SLO as a way of communicating with the fans. A buffer so to speak. Or she maybe getting the SFA to pay for somone who's already on our books:rolleyes:

I've read the link in my post above and it's all been driven by Uefa to try and eradicate hooliganism/violence, and to smooth the process of fans having a say in their clubs.

I've also had a wee peek at the Uefa Supporters Liason officers handbook, and he's got some job on his hands.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/84/35/28/1843528_DOWNLOAD.pdf

On your last sentence, you're right, he's not a fans rep.:aok:

The board/Leeann have appointed him so he'll do fine for them. I just wonder what he's going to do for the fans, and how he's going to go about it. Only time will tell eh.

Ronnie, was this post advertised?

ronaldo7
03-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Ronnie, was this post advertised?

Don't know Billy. It looks like it might have been an appointment made from within the club.