PDA

View Full Version : Yams Willie Collum, top referee

monktonharp
01-12-2014, 12:31 AM
I happen to think Collum is a top class referee. he wont be intimatated by the home fans, sticks to his guns and if he thinks it is a sending off, or if he thinks it's a stonewall penalty he will give it a few seconds, think seriously about it, then give it. well done Mr Collum. some ,especially the home support may try to sway his mind but give him credit. he sticks to his guns. well done Willie, you did a marvellous job today and all neutral fans appreciated that. :wink:

Scottie
01-12-2014, 12:55 AM
Aye he's right up there with the very best 'in the country 'Craig Thomson' :wink:

They must have been on the same course as each other when they got their badges. :rolleyes:

Benny Brazil
01-12-2014, 06:17 AM
Alan Preston was spewing on the radio about Collums performance - it was hilarious :greengrin

O'Rourke3
01-12-2014, 07:00 AM
Was on a fb page last night and surprise surprise. Pens that never were. Players getting/not getting booked. Referees with agendas. All cheating Bs. Short memories that this was fine a few years ago

Sent from my brain

Hermit Crab
01-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Craig thomsons apprentice.

CallumLaidlaw
01-12-2014, 07:19 AM
aye, I just commented on a pic on facebook thats been photoshopped, of Collum in a Celtic top. 1 dodgy penalty and they're spewing. For YEARS Hearts have got dodgy decisions, some of them ludicrous. Like penalties yards outside the box, and goals not given against them that are about 3 miles over the line.

Waxy
01-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Last seasob they went through a long spell of playing against 10 men every week. Short memories of penalties been given just outside the 20yard box

tamig
01-12-2014, 08:18 AM
Alan Preston was spewing on the radio about Collums performance - it was hilarious :greengrin

Heard that. How that guy makes some kind of living from the BBC I'll never know. It was a blatant fan rant.

hibs0666
01-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Aye he's right up there with the very best 'in the country 'Craig Thomson' :wink:

They must have been on the same course as each other when they got their badges. :rolleyes:

Preston's seethe ooze from every bloated pore.

Aldo
01-12-2014, 09:28 AM

Good cos he is the biggest yam roaster of them all.

Get it roond ye Preston ya fat Yam roaster ****er!

Ps if you don't already know I hate that bunch of cheating bassa's and everyone and thing associated with them.

DarrenSQH
01-12-2014, 09:30 AM
He robbed us of seeing a 5th goal. Not happy with him.

brog
01-12-2014, 09:44 AM
I felt really sorry for Yams yesterday. A ludicrous penalty awarded against them which doubled the margin to 2 goals & left them with an impossible task for 10 men. Their opponents then immediately increased the margin to 3 & coasted to victory! What a shame these things never happen in Yams' favour! Just a tiny bit of Karma payback! FTH!

Aldo
01-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Just seen the highlights of the Yams Smellic game and here are my thoughts

1. Two feet off the ground, studs showing = straight red

2. Claspers challenge on Gueidetti ;0(spl)!- Stonewaller every game - shame Casper wasn't playing though.
Karma in my eyes.

3. Yam fans signing - same old Celtic always cheating.... Hardy ****ing har. Short memories ya roasters especially after all the cheating your so called club has done in recent years and especially those in your community. *****.

4. Jobbie saying that the ref cost them the game ... REALLY. What about the Kung Foo kick by Gomis. Get a ****ing hair cut ya roaster and you might be able to see.

Yesterday's result was pretty pleasing however them not getting it their own way and rattles oot the pram is even more pleasing.

In a word. GIRFUYYYF's.

NAE NOOKIE
01-12-2014, 10:58 AM

Even better he was bitching on about how all the Yams were fearing the worse when they heard Collum was to be the ref. Now they know how we felt before the 2012 cup final when we found out their tame ref had got the gig.

Karma is a bitch eh ! :violin:

Caversham Green
01-12-2014, 11:05 AM
There's some interesting stats on Collum and Thomson in this KB thread http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/144518-league-cup-referee/

Unless I'm misreading them they tell us that, in Hearts vs Celtic games Collum's major decision have slightly favoured Hearts while Thomson's have massively favoured Hearts.

JimBHibees
01-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Is this the same ref that didnt send off 2 Hearts players in two recent derbies. Both were in first half and both were later made a red by Compliance officer. In saying that my first thought in these things are if the roles were reversed would Brown have got a red, personally dont think so.

The penalty is quite simply one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

greenginger
01-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Agree with the penalty decision. Has the compliance officer sited him for diving yet ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Deciding to disallow Commons' goal was just as bad a decision as the penalty award. At least it didnae really matter by then.

PatHead
01-12-2014, 11:17 AM
Is this the same ref that didnt send off 2 Hearts players in two recent derbies. Both were in first half and both were later made a red by Compliance officer. In saying that my first thought in these things are if the roles were reversed would Brown have got a red, personally dont think so.

Depends on your definition of worst.

brog
01-12-2014, 11:19 AM

The penalty is quite simply one of the best decisions I have ever seen.

Fixed that for you!!! Seriously, what a joke! Supposedly you can't give it if you don't see it, Collum obviously couldn't see it as it didn't exist but still managed to give it!!

JimBHibees
Depends on your definition of worst.

Really, really bad. :greengrin

Sioux
There's a roaster on that KB cesspit who opens a thread on Collum with;

"Any contest requires fairness and integrity."

WTF? Integrity ya clown? You could write a book on the irony of that statement. Collum even gets cited for sending off Lewis Stevenson and Jamie Walker when both were retrospective reds, on the say so of the compliance officer.

As usual they've managed to turn a humping into a moral victory and somehow blame the separate school system for yesterday. Apparently Collum teaches in a RC school! Tossbags, every last one of them.

hibs0666
01-12-2014, 11:33 AM

Too right mate, the yam should have seen red for that foul. Horrific.

greengnome
01-12-2014, 12:11 PM

WTF? Integrity ya clown? You could write a book on the irony of that statement. Collum even gets cited for sending off Lewis Stevenson and Jamie Walker when both were retrospective reds, on the say so of the compliance officer.

As usual they've managed to turn a humping into a moral victory and somehow blame the separate school system for yesterday. Apparently Collum teaches in a RC school! Tossbags, every last one of them.

With regards to "Fairness and Integrity"... Now you have to admit to the fact that the yams are experts in this field... Albeit in their eyes.. :wink:

WeeRussell
01-12-2014, 12:40 PM

Their bigoted side really starts to shine through at times like this doesn't it. While their spelling and grammar appears to go the other way. One of the few on there who is coming across as reasonable in that thread is up against it; accused of not being a Hearts fan etc..

speaking of karma...
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/lolz/you-muppet-hearts-fan-hurls-abuse-at-celtic-ends-up-failing-head-first-over-a-gate-video/

KeithTheHibby
01-12-2014, 01:42 PM

Absolute knob jockey of the highest order.

Argylehibby
01-12-2014, 02:04 PM
When the Yams won the cup last they played Celtic in the semi final. Willie collum was the ref. With he match tied at 1 - 1 he awarded the Yams a penalty which was in the seriously dodgy category that allowed them to take the lead. shortly after that he denied Celtic a more obvious penalty to allow them to keep that lead intact. I assume those on Sickback have forgotten that game when they criticise WC. As mentioned earlier he has missed 3 red cards for Yam players in derby matches, any thought of a bias against them is crazy.

JimBHibees
01-12-2014, 02:17 PM
When the Yams won the cup last they played Celtic in the semi final. Willie collum was the ref. With he match tied at 1 - 1 he awarded the Yams a penalty which was in the seriously dodgy category that allowed them to take the lead. shortly after that he denied Celtic a more obvious penalty to allow them to keep that lead intact. I assume those on Sickback have forgotten that game when they criticise WC. As mentioned earlier he has missed 3 red cards for Yam players in derby matches, any thought of a bias against them is crazy.

That was Euan Norris not Collum

emerald green
01-12-2014, 02:17 PM

Yep, compare that wee amateurish dingle with a real professional broadcaster like the late Arthur Montford. No comparison at all.

brog
01-12-2014, 02:52 PM
That was Euan Norris not Collum

Yep, the same guy who couldn't see a ball was a yard over the line. Oh, & Celtc's goal in the semi was offside. Incompetence of the highest order!

givescotlandfreedom
01-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Last seasob they went through a long spell of playing against 10 men every week. Short memories of penalties been given just outside the 20yard box

I was trying to work out of they went a round without a helping hand on their recent cup win. I recall them getting the benefit of the red against Auchenleck Talbot, a penalty in injury time for a Suso dive against St Johnstone, we can all remember the Celtic semi and I'm not even going to start on the final. Didn't they get an early penalty for a foul outside the box in the 1998 final too? Fuds

stantonhibby
01-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I was trying to work out of they went a round without a helping hand on their recent cup win. I recall them getting the benefit of the red against Auchenleck Talbot, a penalty in injury time for a Suso dive against St Johnstone, we can all remember the Celtic semi and I'm not even going to start on the final. Didn't they get an early penalty for a foul outside the box in the 1998 final too? Fuds

Did auchinleck not have a goal disallowed
in the last min?

Also recall they played st mirren who scored only for ref to disallow and award a pen which they missed.

Sir David Gray
01-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Deciding to disallow Commons' goal was just as bad a decision as the penalty award. At least it didnae really matter by then.

Perhaps I'm technically wrong here if someone can tell me the exact wording of the rules as everyone else I've heard seems to be in agreement that the goal should have stood but from looking at the incident, I can understand why the goal was ruled out.

Alexander had his hand on top of the ball when Commons kicked it out from under his hand and put it in the net. Would Alexander not be deemed to have been in possession of the ball at that moment? :confused:

AlbertK86
01-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Good cos he is the biggest yam roaster of them all. Get it roond ye Preston ya fat Yam roaster ****er! Ps if you don't already know I hate that bunch of cheating bassa's and everyone and thing associated with them.

You are spot on about Preston

Absolute ****er of the first degree

Kato
01-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Just had a quick browse through the gunts comments on the Scotsman/EEN pages.

They truly take the biscuit when it comes hypocrisy and roasterdom.

hibbysam
01-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Perhaps I'm technically wrong here if someone can tell me the exact wording of the rules as everyone else I've heard seems to be in agreement that the goal should have stood but from looking at the incident, I can understand why the goal was ruled out.

Alexander had his hand on top of the ball when Commons kicked it out from under his hand and put it in the net. Would Alexander not be deemed to have been in possession of the ball at that moment? :confused:

The rule is that the keeper has to be in control of the ball, whether one hand, two hands or none... The keeper wasn't in control of it as he had spilled it and just got his hand onto the ball the second commons played it!

Aldo
01-12-2014, 08:49 PM
You are spot on about Preston Absolute ****er of the first degree

Yip. Of them all I detest that roasters the most. No hate him if I'm honest. I know hate is a strong word but that guy deserves it for his anti Hibs comments. Constantly putting us down.

Bitter I am indeed.

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2014, 08:50 PM
i would seriously love to hear collums explanation of what exactly was wrong with 'goal' number 5, the linesman was already running away back up for the KO, bizarre

Sir David Gray
01-12-2014, 08:53 PM
The rule is that the keeper has to be in control of the ball, whether one hand, two hands or none... The keeper wasn't in control of it as he had spilled it and just got his hand onto the ball the second commons played it!

Fair enough.

Don't get me wrong, if I had been the referee I would have allowed Commons to pick the ball up with his hands and throw it into the net and I would still have awarded the goal.

I just thought the goal looked a bit dodgy from an official point of view.

Perhaps Collum just took pity on them.

Waxy
01-12-2014, 09:03 PM
What about the pen they got against celtic in that cup semi. Just stupid. I look forward to the day when big decisions are checked by tv evidence. Then dodgy teams like purplegorgie fc have to play fair.

Aldo
01-12-2014, 09:06 PM
What about the pen they got against celtic in that cup semi. Just stupid. I look forward to the day when big decisions are checked by tv evidence. Then dodgy teams like purplegorgie fc have to play fair.

Cannot mark it in bold but your last sentence will never ever happen.

They have cheated and conned for the last 3 decades and there is now way you can use the words FAIR PLAY when taking bout the yams.

Swedish hibee
01-12-2014, 09:17 PM
How that guy makes some kind of living from the BBC I'll never know. It was a blatant fan rant.

:top marks

kaimendhibs
01-12-2014, 10:11 PM

Nail on head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastCalderHibby
01-12-2014, 10:37 PM

yes the tattooed freak goes clean through mc pake and gives the vermin a free kick

EastCalderHibby
01-12-2014, 10:39 PM

he's a bigger arse than ten bums

Diclonius
01-12-2014, 10:48 PM
I can understand why Hearts seemingly know everything there is to know about cheating - after all they've perfected the art over the years!

There's one word and it's karma. Tough ****.

EastCalderHibby
01-12-2014, 10:49 PM

:agree:they got one that was as you said outside the box and rangers denied a stonewaller
lucky as f..k against the mighty gretna on pens
we all know what happened on the next one 3 cups deserved none

macca70
01-12-2014, 11:32 PM
They have short memories?

Remember Mikloonytunes, he made a living out of diving. Scotland v Lithuania!!!!

Didn't here many Yams complaint back then, it was deemed 'good play' to have won their team a penalty.

Other than the penalty, which unless they introduce TV replays, ayers will continue to con refs, Collum had a decent game.

if they think the penalty decision was harsh, imagine having a ball clearly cross the line by a yard, in a Derby and the goal not to be given, THAT IS A HARSH DECISION!!!

HoboHarry
02-12-2014, 01:17 AM
Fair enough.

Don't get me wrong, if I had been the referee I would have allowed Commons to pick the ball up with his hands and throw it into the net and I would still have awarded the goal.

I just thought the goal looked a bit dodgy from an official point of view.

Perhaps Collum just took pity on them.
You are awfully kind to them yams. I would have let Commons kick the keeper in the knack@rs as well. Twice.

monktonharp
02-12-2014, 02:36 AM
anyone know which school Mr Collum teaches at? I would like to send him a box of roses chocolates. they grow on you. he had a fantastic performance on Sunday, and should be recognised for that. he had to contend with verocious pressure from the home fans who can be rather "in your face" and boisterous during Scottish cup matches. especially when they have not scored in that particular competition, since winning it in 2012.

02-12-2014, 10:55 AM
I really do get my kill at seeing all the jambos greeting about being so hard done by, cheated, poor little us etc etc. Its called a taste of your own medicine ya clowns! How many time have they had absolutely ridiculous decisions in their favour against us. Cheating is their middle name, it seems to be in their blood, from the board room to the playing field. They weren't so concerned about cheating refereeing when Thompson was giving them his usual helping hand or when the linesman incredibly chopped off Leighs free kick goal at ER that saw them scrape out of a defeat to us, or Forsters perfectly onside goal - oh no all that was perfectly alright!

GIRFUY ya bunch of cheating *******s, Hope it was a very bitter taste of your own medicine :lolyam:

greenginger
02-12-2014, 12:59 PM
But it wasn't a dive say the GFA !

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/john-guidetti-won-t-face-sfa-action-over-dive-1-3621912

He slipped, I dare say the appeal panel would have called it Not Proven anyway.