PDA

View Full Version : Yams Most one sided fixture of recent times?

Since90+2
30-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Despite the media hype and hearts almost obsessive one sided rivalry with celtic, is hearts v celtic the most one sided game in scottish football? Think that's now 10 wins in a row for celtic. Is there a more one sided fixture in scottish football?

Are hearts not meant to be Celtic main rivals since the demise of Rangers? :tee hee:

number9dream
30-11-2014, 06:39 PM
10 wins in a row. Aggregate score 35-2.

emerald green
30-11-2014, 06:56 PM

Hilarious, and pleasing. You wont hear the Yaks bragging about that statistic. That's ridiculous TBH.

Does this mean Sellick get to keep them?

Dashing Bob S
30-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Despite the media hype and hearts almost obsessive one sided rivalry with celtic, is hearts v celtic the most one sided game in scottish football? Think that's now 10 wins in a row for celtic. Is there a more one sided fixture in scottish football?

Are hearts not meant to be Celtic main rivals since the demise of Rangers? :tee hee:

Hibs-Rangers will hopefully soon take over that mantle.

3pm
30-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Is there anyone that has a 'special relationship' with the Scottish Cup but hasnae scored a goal or won a game in the last 3 years?

#pish

Hibs Class
30-11-2014, 08:26 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the most one-sided statistic in world football right now. Embarrassing.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 08:28 PM
'Celtic are our real rivals now'.

How's that working out for you lads?

Hermit Crab
30-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Lets be honest, celtic would have humped us as well. I hope we don't get them in the next round.

3pm
30-11-2014, 08:29 PM
'Celtic are our real rivals now'.

How's that working out for you lads?

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Lets be honest, celtic would have humped us as well. I hope we don't get them in the next round.

We generally don't go around telling anyone stupid enough to listen how big a club we are and how we are 'a giant amongst minnows' (actual Kickback quote btw) or that Celtic and Rangers are our 'real rivals' though.

3pm
30-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Just back fae a day out.

Great result for the big team. It's their Scottish Cup to lose now.

Mikey
30-11-2014, 08:35 PM

I wondered how long it would take you to put us straight :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Maybe Gretna? They to got to a final with a team full of players they knew they could not afford.

lyonhibs
30-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Is there anyone that has a 'special relationship' with the Scottish Cup but hasnae scored a goal or won a game in the last 3 years?

#pish

They have, after all, won the bloody thing thrice in less than 20 years. I'd take a couple of third round humpings to be able to say that about us.

Still, got to be in it to win it, horrid ********s that they are.

Hermit Crab
30-11-2014, 08:37 PM
I wondered how long it would take you to put us straight :greengrin

Nothing wrong with the diplomatic approach.

30-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Their "special relationship" with the cup is just as cringeworthy and pathetic as when they started saying that they had a "special relationship" with Liverpool after they played them once! :faf:

Cringe doesn't even begin to sum them up.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 08:39 PM
They have, after all, won the bloody thing thrice in less than 20 years. I'd take a couple of third round humpings to be able to say that about us.

Still, got to be in it to win it, horrid ********s that they are.

We could win it 20 times in 20 years (some hope!) and I'd still cringe if anyone started referring to it as a 'special relationship' in anything other than jest.

30-11-2014, 08:41 PM
"hibs are too small for us, celtic are our real rivals now" - another belter from that mob :faf::faf::faf:

FranckSuzy
30-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Just back fae a day out.

:drunk: :dunno: :faf:

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Their "special relationship" with the cup is just as cringeworthy and pathetic as when they started saying that they had a "special relationship" with Liverpool after they played them once! :faf:

Cringe doesn't even begin to sum them up.

My all time favourite, and I just mentioned it on another thread, was the guy on Kickback who said if Celtic and Rangers went to England then Hearts would have to go with them as they would be a 'giant amongst minnows'.

That's right Hearts with 16 trophies (3 less than Aberdeen btw) compared to Oldcos 115 and Celtics 96 are somehow comparable and a giant.

MWHIBBIES
30-11-2014, 08:44 PM
:faf:

Haymaker
30-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Hmmm... another UY? :greengrin

30-11-2014, 08:51 PM
My all time favourite, and I just mentioned it on another thread, was the guy on Kickback who said if Celtic and Rangers went to England then Hearts would have to go with them as they would be a 'giant amongst minnows'.

That's right Hearts with 16 trophies (3 less than Aberdeen btw) compared to Oldcos 115 and Celtics 96 are somehow comparable and a giant.

Hahaha, I could be here till next year listing all the utterly ridiculous, laughable and down right cringeworthy delusions they have come out with over the years.

SteveHFC
30-11-2014, 08:51 PM

silverhibee
30-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Just back fae a day out.

Was it just a day pass this weekend.

3pm
30-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Hmmm... another UY? :greengrin

Up yours H!!!!! That'll be right!!!

iwasthere1972
30-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Just back fae a day out.

Didn't help with Celtic getting a man sent off either. Anyway they're not bothered as the league is the one they want. Scottish Cup would have only been a distraction.

Sergey
30-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Knowing our luck, we'll get Hearts at Tynecastle tomorrow.

Thomson as ref to ensure a home win.

Northernhibee
30-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Their SC record since they stopped cheating

P3 W0 D0 L3 GF 0 GA 12

With all those games being in Edinburgh.

SteveHFC
30-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Knowing our luck, we'll get Hearts at Tynecastle tomorrow.

Thomson as ref to ensure a home win.

And we'll get humped.

Haymaker
Up yours H!!!!! That'll be right!!!

LTYF

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
Didn't help with Celtic getting a man sent off either. Anyway they're not bothered as the league is the one they want. Scottish Cup would have only been a distraction.

Luckily for Celtc, The Famous also had a goal disallowed or it could have been REALLY embarrassing.

#FromTheCapital
Since the money tap was turned off hearts haven't been in the Scottish cup beyond new year. Special relationship indeed.

PatHead
Celtic probably suffering from their Europa League tie during the week. If they had not played during the week they may have able to play to their potential

iwasthere1972
30-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Only 12,676 there. That's surprising.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 09:12 PM

390000 plus people missing in action. Quite worrying really.

Then again it's quite common for big teams fans to miss domestic cup ties. I see a wee diddy team like Celtc sold out their allocation though. Probably a bit of a treat for them to see a huge team like Hearts in the 'most atmospheric stadium in the galaxy'.

Sir David Gray
30-11-2014, 09:24 PM

My God that's bad.

There's probably teams in Spain that don't have stats as bad as that against Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Maybe that's something else they have a special relationship with.

Sir David Gray
30-11-2014, 09:27 PM

#pish

I wish we had a special relationship like that.

flash
30-11-2014, 09:27 PM

What a shock to see you defending Hertz.

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-11-2014, 09:28 PM
So Hearts haven't won a single Scottish cup game since cheating was eventually outlawed in Scottish football!

monktonharp
30-11-2014, 09:40 PM
So Hearts haven't won a single Scottish cup game since cheating was eventually outlawed in Scottish football!as far as I know, they have not scored a single goal either.:wink::wink:

Hermit Crab
30-11-2014, 09:40 PM
What a shock to see you defending Hertz.

Of course, that's what I'm doing. .

SMAXXA
30-11-2014, 09:41 PM

Actually disagree I didn't think they were that clever and I would be surprised if they humped us tbh

Bostonhibby
30-11-2014, 09:45 PM

Hadn't realised it was that bad, they will need to get a good steady middle order batsman in to shore up the innings, Geoffrey Boycott is bound to be a yam.

PatHead
30-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Didn't hear Jobby moan about the disallowed goal.

Hibernia&Alba
30-11-2014, 09:59 PM

And only fourteen thousand odd at Ibroke.

Northernhibee
30-11-2014, 10:01 PM
as far as I know, they have not scored a single goal either.:wink::wink:

Zaliukas scored a peach.

SteveHFC
30-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Just back fae a day out.

Can't wait for the draw man. Hopefully we get those Hibs ***** ;)

monktonharp
30-11-2014, 10:07 PM
dfscxxxxxxxxxxxxd================================= ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===================--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FranckSuzy
30-11-2014, 10:10 PM
dfscxxxxxxxxxxxxd================================= ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===================--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:agree: :top marks :greengrin

iwasthere1972
30-11-2014, 10:13 PM

You fallen asleep on your keyboard again Wullie?

monktonharp
30-11-2014, 10:20 PM
You fallen asleep on your keyboard again Wullie?yup, I almost spilt half a glass o' wine too! :greengrin

monktonharp
30-11-2014, 10:25 PM
however, it must be noted that the gorgie mob, have yet to register an official goal in their quest to win the Scottish cup since 2012. not a long time ,I admit but my goodness, they have shipped a few goals in 3 games.

silverhibee
30-11-2014, 11:55 PM
F*** the hertz.

Godnight :gwa:

flash
01-12-2014, 02:35 AM
F*** the hertz.

Godnight :gwa:

Cancun agrees.

Waxy
01-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Only 12,676 there. That's surprising.It's harder to notice at swiny how empty the place is with them disguising their seats. Easter road would be the same. Dark seats at ER

Jack
01-12-2014, 06:49 AM
So Hearts haven't won a single Scottish cup game since cheating was eventually outlawed in Scottish football!

If only.

greenginger
01-12-2014, 08:21 AM

No doubt Celtic sold their 3500 allocation so just over 9000 Yams bothered to turn up and Fatty Foulkes reckons they need a 25,000 seater stadium . :confused:

Watching on tv the PBS looked relatively full, more full than on league matches when then post crowds of 14,000 - 15,0000. Just shows the big team crap mentality is alive and well at Tynie.

Or, could Budge be pulling a fast one ? Out the three cups in the first round maybe knocked a hole in Budgie's budget for the season and " I'm an M.P." suggests a bit of skimming off the top ? surely not :greengrin .

Siralbertkidd
01-12-2014, 08:26 AM

:singing::singing::singing: Win with Craig Thomson, you only win with Craig Thomson.

Deansy
01-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Their SC record since they stopped cheating

P3 W0 D0 L3 GF 0 GA 12

With all those games being in Edinburgh.

'Playing within your means' starting to take effect. The future's looking good !

Keith_M
01-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Sometimes merging threads makes it difficult to follow what on earth some posters are/were referring to.

This is a prime example.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-12-2014, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the most one-sided statistic in world football right now. Embarrassing.

Torino scored against Juve for the 1st time in 12 years yesterday.

ekhibee
01-12-2014, 01:55 PM
:singing::singing::singing: Win with Craig Thomson, you only win with Craig Thomson.
:thumbsup:

Pete
01-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Sometimes merging threads makes it difficult to follow what on earth some posters are/were referring to.

This is a prime example.

Well I don't know about you but I think it's a great draw.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2014, 03:40 PM
They are saying on kickback that they should only be giving Celtic half of the away stand. You would think the Hearts supporters wouldn't be wanting any more tickets for this fixture

ancient hibee
01-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Considering they couldn't sell their own tickets??When I pointed out this to a Hearts chum he said they weren't too bothered about the cup this year-I suggested it might have been nice to give the team some support in a difficult fixture-he was quite bewildered at this idea.

02-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Considering they couldn't sell their own tickets??When I pointed out this to a Hearts chum he said they weren't too bothered about the cup this year-I suggested it might have been nice to give the team some support in a difficult fixture-he was quite bewildered at this idea.

Ah yes the old "eh eh oh we didnae even care about the cup anyway" line from them once they get knocked out. Heard that many times from them hahaha! Couldn't make it up eh, their so called "big cup" that they apparently have a "special relationship" with is now beneath them hahaha :faf::jamboclow

Just you leave the scottish cup to all us wee diddy teams eh hearts, very good of yous to so kindly step aside and give us all a chance this year!

GIRFUY :bye:

Sir David Gray
02-12-2014, 03:34 PM
They are saying on kickback that they should only be giving Celtic half of the away stand. You would think the Hearts supporters wouldn't be wanting any more tickets for this fixture

For Scottish Cup ties, the away team is entitled to claim up to 20% of the capacity of the home stadium for their own supporters, so long as it is deemed safe to do so by the relevant safety authorities and the Police.

In the case of Tynecastle, 20% of the total capacity is around 3,500 tickets, which is roughly the size of the Roseburn Stand.

Unless the rules change on this or Hearts alter their stadium in some way, I don't see how Hearts could ever force Celtic to have anything less than the entire Roseburn Stand for a Scottish Cup tie.

There's no such criteria for league matches so if/when they get back up to the Premiership, they can let as many Celtic fans in as they like, as long as it is a "reasonable number" and it's agreed between the two clubs in advance.

7Hero
02-12-2014, 03:51 PM
surely our record against the jamobos is the worst in world football..

certainly feels like it :dunno:

7Hero
02-12-2014, 03:52 PM
The jamobos...

didn't mean it.....

sounds good though...

Pete
02-12-2014, 03:57 PM

The last 30 years haven't been good but it's far from the worst in the world.

If you take their wanton overspending into account it goes some way to explaining it. And before anyone says that they regularly beat us with worse teams then I'd like them to name names.

7Hero
02-12-2014, 04:30 PM
@peter Douglas, it certainly feels like it...

PatHead
02-12-2014, 04:42 PM

Can never remember us losing 10 in a row against them. Yes we have had bad times but never that bad.

7Hero
02-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Can never remember us losing 10 in a row against them. Yes we have had bad times but never that bad.
Still bad though

Pete
02-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Still bad though

Well, according to yourself the club apparently died after the 2012 cup final so I'm not sure why you're that bothered anyway.

Are you just trying to drag us down for some reason?

Ringothedog
02-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Still bad though

But you said ours against them is the worst in world football. That is patently not true. So why say it ?

Ringothedog
02-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Well, according to yourself the club apparently died after the 2012 cup final so I'm not sure why you're that bothered anyway.

I wonder what reason that could be ?

7Hero
02-12-2014, 05:09 PM

Quite optimistic about hibs right now but the original post is regarding most one sided fixture of recent times and for me i feel we must be in with a chance....or at least it certainly feels like it cosnidering the amount of hurt we have all felt the past god knows how many years.

cheers for dragging up that past post, no pun intended !

7Hero
02-12-2014, 05:14 PM
But you said ours against them is the worst in world football. That is patently not true. So why say it ?

Eddie it isn't, just feels like it..

Happy to hold hands up and saw i was wrong.

7Hero
02-12-2014, 05:15 PM
I wonder what reason that could be ?

cause im a jambo ?

:pray: god i hope not...

Pete
02-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Quite optimistic about hibs right now but the original post is regarding most one sided fixture of recent times and for me i feel we must be in with a chance....or at least it certainly feels like it cosnidering the amount of hurt we have all felt the past god knows how many years.

cheers for dragging up that past post, no pun intended !

I don't understand how you feel like that considering we subconsciously enhance happy times in our brains and bury negative experiences.

I'm sorry, what's this derby we are talking about?

ekhibee
02-12-2014, 09:17 PM

Well I'm not sure but it's quite possible that Spurs record against Arsenal is even worse.

emerald green
03-12-2014, 06:45 PM

Why would you think that? It's total nonsense.

The worst in world football? Who told you that? Have you been listening to Yams talking s****?

Jpdhfc
03-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Well I'm not sure but it's quite possible that Spurs record against Arsenal is even worse.

Spurs record against Chelsea is horrendous