PDA

View Full Version : Away Strip.

The_Horde
30-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Have we ever worn an away strip as much as we have this season?

I make it 11 times already.

Not complaining, it looks very smart.

mutley
30-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Looks better than the home strip

Billy Whizz
30-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Looks better than the home strip

It's actually more practical to wear in the dark than the green one. Under the lights the White stands out much better than the green one

PatHead
30-11-2014, 06:11 PM
It's actually more practical to wear in the dark than the green one. Under the lights the White stands out much better than the green one

Would have been really difficult to have seen the players under those lights yesterday if we had worn the first trip.

EdinMike
30-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Away strip is miiiiiles better anyway ! Keep wearing it I say !!

Hermit Crab
30-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Away strip is miiiiiles better anyway ! Keep wearing it I say !!

Agree with that.

Jdawg
30-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Simplistic beauty, love the strip.

Pete
30-11-2014, 08:06 PM
I think we initially had to wear the away top so much as the home one clashed with so many other clubs. I think it's being worn through choice now and it's actually becoming our main strip this season...In my mind anyway.

The home kit is really growing on me too and it's ended up being a refreshing Change from the norm.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-11-2014, 08:32 PM
The first team should wear long sleeved versions of the away kit, then get the home strip, cut the arms from it and pull it over the top. Wear that every game.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Away strip is a cracker. Love it and would happily see us wear it as 1st choice kit this year.

Still don't like the home kit. I don't understand a 'Famous Five Tribute' that resembles nothing the Five wore or that no one ever associated with them. Sooner the white sleeves are back the better.

ScottB
01-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Away strip is a cracker. Love it and would happily see us wear it as 1st choice kit this year.

Still don't like the home kit. I don't understand a 'Famous Five Tribute' that resembles nothing the Five wore or that no one ever associated with them. Sooner the white sleeves are back the better.

Still feels like a tenuous excuse to sell us a cheap, off the shelf number.

Sir David Gray
01-12-2014, 07:04 PM

:agree: Don't get me wrong, I have the home top just because it's a habit.

However the club got the home strip wrong on so many levels. They had a huge chance to produce a genuine Famous Five replica strip and it would have been guaranteed to fly off the shelves.

The only thing that makes it look like a Famous Five top is the shade of green. The rest of it is just a bog standard 21st century top that doesn't look much like a normal Hibs home top.

bingo70
01-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Is this the last year of the Nike deal?

Aldo
01-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Is this the last year of the Nike deal? Hope so. There are defo better kit suppliers out there.

Edit... Sorry bingo we signed a 4 year deal in 2013!!

bingo70
01-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Hope so.

There are defo better kit suppliers out there.

Yeah, I generally don't mind who makes them as long as we get the best deal possible. This season's home strip is a training top though abd last season's was a pub team strip.

Don't care who replaces them but I hope someone does.

Aldo
01-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I generally don't mind who makes them as long as we get the best deal possible. This season's home strip is a training top though abd last season's was a pub team strip. Don't care who replaces them but I hope someone does.

I like the away top!!

Can only hope that the next 2 seasons are better than the last (home strip)

jacomo
02-12-2014, 09:20 AM
Still feels like a tenuous excuse to sell us a cheap, off the shelf number.

:agree:

Extremely cynical marketing exercise. LD has got a lot right in her first few months but signing off that campaign was a big mistake. Either it was her idea or no one at the club told her that trying to repackage out heritage and sell it back to us in such a cheap way would be a bad move. Worrying either way.

I hope the club have learned lessons from this.

AndyM_1875
02-12-2014, 09:32 AM

Extremely cynical marketing exercise. LD has got a lot right in her first few months but signing off that campaign was a big mistake. Either it was her idea or no one at the club told her that trying to repackage out heritage and sell it back to us in such a cheap way would be a bad move. Worrying either way.

LD wasn't working at Hibs when that kit was agreed. I have no doubt the white sleeves will be back next year.

I agree though that the campaign was horribly flawed. Hibs have played with white sleeves since 1938 before any of the Famous 5 were signed.

worcesterhibby
02-12-2014, 09:34 AM

As Andy said I don't believe we can blame LD for this years shirt or campaign. It was all done and dusted before she arrived. I suspect next seasons shirt will be a cracker. Because I think she actually cares.

DarrenSQH
02-12-2014, 09:43 AM
We will be wearing it again on saturday.

Purple & Green
02-12-2014, 12:15 PM
I think we initially had to wear the away top so much as the home one clashed with so many other clubs. I think it's being worn through choice now and it's actually becoming our main strip this season...In my mind anyway.

The home kit is really growing on me too and it's ended up being a refreshing Change from the norm.

I like the home top, I think green shorts and green socks would have looked magic.

I like the notion of white on the road, and green at home.

Keith_M
02-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Is this the last year of the Nike deal?

Hope so. There are defo better kit suppliers out there.

Edit... Sorry bingo we signed a 4 year deal in 2013!!

This really worries me as it's obvious that we have to accept one of the Nike 'off the shelf' products and they simply don't have one that is a genuine Hibs Top.

I think we need to see Dempster's mettle next year and demand that Nike give us an actual Hibs strip or rip up the contract and go with somebody that can.

p.s. I don't blame her for this year's top, as the decision on that would have been made before she arrived.

AndyM_1875
02-12-2014, 12:35 PM
This really worries me as it's obvious that we have to accept one of the Nike 'off the shelf' products and they simply don't have one that is a genuine Hibs Top.

I think we need to see Dempster's mettle next year and demand that Nike give us an actual Hibs strip or rip up the contract and go with somebody that can.

p.s. I don't blame her for this year's top, as the decision on that would have been made before she arrived.

Irrespective of who we go to we will get template kits.

In Scotland only Celtic and the national team have bespoke kits (Rangers would have but Mike Ashley screwed them with a frankly appalling retail deal with generic Puma catalogue kits.)

Hibs probably sell more replica shirts than most other clubs outwith the Infirm but we will be well short of the sales volumes required of being able to demand our own design and so it's always going to come from that year's supplier catalogue.

Keith_M
02-12-2014, 12:47 PM
Irrespective of who we go to we will get template kits.

In Scotland only Celtic and the national team have bespoke kits (Rangers would have but Mike Ashley screwed them with a frankly appalling retail deal with generic Puma catalogue kits.)

Hibs probably sell more replica shirts than most other clubs outwith the Infirm but we will be well short of the sales volumes required of being able to demand our own design and so it's always going to come from that year's supplier catalogue.

Up until this season, manufacturers have always had a kit that was in Hibs colours, template or not.

My point is that if Nike can't supply one, we should not have a contract with Nike.

LancsHibs
02-12-2014, 12:55 PM
It's all relative, we are a very small fish to the likes of Nike/Addidas/Puma and as a result get catalogue dross from them but some folk prefer these brands as they are bigger and well known. If we went with a smaller manufacturer we will be seen as a bit of a coupe to them and will get a bespoke design. I fancy a Sondeco or Admiral or the likes next

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2014, 12:56 PM

Totally agree PB ... I cant see how the current strip relates to the FF in any way. The home top is difficult to see and clashes with too many other teams and I hate the black socks. The sooner we can bin Nike the better .... I still have a few of the Le Coq Sportif tops and they are miles better than Nike's generic crap.

Hibernian FC:

Home: Emerald Green top with White collar and sleeves, White shorts, Green socks with White tops. Its one of the best strips, if not the best, in British football.

Away: Purple top with White collar and cuffs ( White sleeves optional ) White shorts, Purple socks with White tops.

AndyM_1875
02-12-2014, 03:00 PM
It's all relative, we are a very small fish to the likes of Nike/Addidas/Puma and as a result get catalogue dross from them but some folk prefer these brands as they are bigger and well known. If we went with a smaller manufacturer we will be seen as a bit of a coupe to them and will get a bespoke design. I fancy a Sondeco or Admiral or the likes next

My own personal preference would be to go with someone like Umbro who are doing the kits for Everton, Derby and Hull City. In each case the fans have liked the kit and as yet they have no Scottish teams on their roster so they could possibly do something really special.
Umbro were sold by Nike and the brand is re establishing itself. Hibs also have history with them as they made some of the best Hibs kits of my youth in the 1980s.

LancsHibs
02-12-2014, 04:12 PM
My own personal preference would be to go with someone like Umbro who are doing the kits for Everton, Derby and Hull City. In each case the fans have liked the kit and as yet they have no Scottish teams on their roster so they could possibly do something really special.
Umbro were sold by Nike and the brand is re establishing itself. Hibs also have history with them as they made some of the best Hibs kits of my youth in the 1980s.

:agree:would be happy with that

Pete
02-12-2014, 04:57 PM

Some of the best kits have also been from obscure manufacturers like bukta and mitre. We worse thing we can do as fans is collectively turn our nose up at a brand like this, especially if it means a bit of exclusivity. People might go on about quality but there is probably no difference when it comes to brands and its not like it's going to be a family heirloom that will be passed down the generations.

Bristolhibby
02-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Some of the best kits have also been from obscure manufacturers like bukta and mitre. We worse thing we can do as fans is collectively turn our nose up at a brand like this, especially if it means a bit of exclusivity. People might go on about quality but there is probably no difference when it comes to brands and its not like it's going to be a family heirloom that will be passed down the generations.

Good point. I was pleased when we got Nike, but TBH Le Coq was miles better.

J

LaMotta
02-12-2014, 10:57 PM

The bukta and mitre strips of the 90's were the worst in our history (barring the current shocker) imo. Terrible designs and they were a stupid fit as well. Still remember Ray wilkins with that baggy mitre effort flapping about his arms.

Umbro shout is a good one....bring back the short shorts!

AndyM_1875
03-12-2014, 08:08 AM

Bukta were OK I thought but I'm not sure if they are still an active manufacturer.
Mitre were not great. The strips looked nice enough but there were major issues for Hibs with kit supply. Hibs couldn't get enough stock from them.

My reason for saying Umbro is that they are a proper football brand. They are less concerned with making generic sportswear like Nike and Adidas than they are with producing proper football kit and boots.

edinburghhibee
03-12-2014, 08:57 AM
I like the underarmor efforts Spurs had the last few seasons. I also loved the puma strips. No shirt beats the adidas white body green sleeves number tho

Keith_M
03-12-2014, 09:48 AM
The Bukta strip, as worn by George best on his Hibs Debut, was, IMHO, our best ever.

Could we have it back please :greengrin

https://footnotefootie.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/georgebest1.jpg

DH1875
03-12-2014, 11:15 AM
You can buy nike t-shirts that are green with white sleeves so don't get this, they don't have a template we could use talk.