PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup draw - Hibs v Arbroath

LancsHibs
30-11-2014, 08:25 AM
When is it? After today's game on the telly or are the SFA holding another Monday at 2pm spectacular? Who does everyone want? Edinburgh derby for me, Hibs v Spartans:aok:

Billy Whizz
30-11-2014, 08:26 AM
When is it? After today's game on the telly or are the SFA holding another Monday at 2pm spectacular? Who does everyone want? Edinburgh derby for me, Hibs v Spartans:aok:

I thinks its tomorrow afternoon sometime

Danderhall Hibs
30-11-2014, 08:26 AM
They said Monday on Sportscene last night.

Spartans at home please or one of the other diddys - there's loads of crap teams left.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2014, 08:28 AM
They said Monday on Sportscene last night.

Spartans at home please or one of the other diddys - there's loads of crap teams left.

Me too please

Billy Whizz
30-11-2014, 08:36 AM

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1957&newsCategoryID=7&newsID=14063

Monday 2pm, live on Sky sports

Waxy
30-11-2014, 08:45 AM
What do we want? Spartans
When do we want them? Monday at 2.

LancsHibs
30-11-2014, 10:20 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1957&newsCategoryID=7&newsID=14063

Monday 2pm, live on Sky sports

Cheers, unfortunately at work. Will have to keep fingers crossed:agree:

weonlywon6-2
30-11-2014, 10:26 AM
More importantly when Is the next round played?

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 10:27 AM
I still can't see how having it on Monday at 2PM is better than straight after the game at Tynecastle today.

A team standing outside the room where the draw is being made in muddy strips cheering when they get drawn is one of the classic sights of the cup imo.

A draw at 2 on a Monday afternoon when a vast majority of football supporters are at work and have to check who they get with a sneaky extra window open on their computer or with furitive glances at a smart phone is just crap.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2014, 10:28 AM
More importantly when Is the next round played?

Not until Saturday 7th/ Sunday 8th Feb
Something to look forward too!

LancsHibs
30-11-2014, 10:30 AM
I still can't see how having it on Monday at 2PM is better than straight after the game at Tynecastle today.

A team standing outside the room where the draw is being made in muddy strips cheering when they get drawn is one of the classic sights of the cup imo.

A draw at 2 on a Monday afternoon when a vast majority of football supporters are at work and have to check who they get with a sneaky extra window open on their computer or with furitive glances at a smart phone is just crap.

:agree: We do seem to have some amount of idiots running the game

3pm
30-11-2014, 10:32 AM

Absolutely. The problem is that the people who run Scottish Football are not proper supporters so have no idea how the majority feel or what they want.

erin go bragh
30-11-2014, 10:40 AM

Cant blame the cameras for wanting out of the PBS as quickly as possible:)
Joking aside , its another baffling decision by the SFA ,

Ggtth

hfc rd
30-11-2014, 10:59 AM

Totally agree. The SFA are a bunch of clueless idiots.

Danderhall Hibs
30-11-2014, 11:00 AM
The Monday lunchtime draw is an fa cup tradition that we seem to be copying.

weonlywon6-2
30-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Not until Saturday 7th/ Sunday 8th Feb
Something to look forward too!

miles away,farid could be back by then

emerald green
30-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Can't ask for any more than a home tie in the next round, preferably avoiding Celtic and/or Dundee United.

Col2
30-11-2014, 11:22 AM
miles away,farid could be back by then

Yup reasonable chance and also will be after window is shut and AS already raised expectations that he hopes to strenthen. Just hope Sparky isn't selected today.....

Billy Whizz
30-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Yup reasonable chance and also will be after window is shut and AS already raised expectations that he hopes to strenthen. Just hope Sparky isn't selected today.....

He's expected to be involved today I heard!

God Petrie
30-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Griffiths loves to get it up Hertz. Would be daft if they didn't play him.

Keith_M
30-11-2014, 12:20 PM

:agree:

I fail to see any reason why they can't do it that way and it's much more of a spectacle, with loads of people already watching on TV.

Monday afternoon seems to be the the most boring time they could choose.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 12:34 PM

I fail to see any reason why they can't do it that way and it's much more of a spectacle, with loads of people already watching on TV.

Monday afternoon seems to be the the most boring time they could choose.

I'm sure I remember an explanation that it was to do with sponsorship and keeping the sponsors name in the media until later in the week.

Doesn't really make sense to me. You have a far smaller audience tomorrow, any English folk watching are likely to use the SC draw as a chance to make a cup of tea. If the draw was made today it would still be all over the papers tomorrow and Tuesday, still be all over sites like here for a good few days. Delaying it by 24 hours achieves nothing imo.

Seems to me a Monday afternoon allows the blazers an excuse for another day with a few drinks and nibbles after todays hospitality at Ibrox or Tynecastle.

Leithenhibby
30-11-2014, 12:37 PM

You old romantic :greengrin

You are also spot on. Can't for the life of me get my head around the thinking of the SFA :confused:

PatHead
30-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Bet you it will be an Old Firm draw with The Rangers needing cash.

Keith_M
30-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Bet you it will be an Old Firm draw with The Rangers needing cash.

With the amount of Cash they need, they would have to charge 100 quid per ticket.

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2014, 04:01 PM
In the outside chance we did draw Spartans away, would their ground be capable of holding the match?

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 04:04 PM
In the outside chance we did draw Spartans away, would their ground be capable of holding the match?

I think it would be possible.

The old City Park had a capacity of 3000ish and handled sell outs v a then Premier League Livingston and St Mirren.

Ainslie Park is a far better facility than that and, with sensible policing, should be capable of hosting a big game.

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2014, 04:12 PM
I think it would be possible.

The old City Park had a capacity of 3000ish and handled sell outs v a then Premier League Livingston and St Mirren.

Ainslie Park is a far better facility than that and, with sensible policing, should be capable of hosting a big game.

Cheers, what is the capacity of their ground?

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Cheers, what is the capacity of their ground?

Stand holds 500, think the capacity will be around the same as City Park so about 3000.

I believe they had about 1300 there yesterday with no issues.

It will all depend if they wanted to give up home advantage for a bigger payday.

lord bunberry
30-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Stand holds 500, think the capacity will be around the same as City Park so about 3000.

I believe they had about 1300 there yesterday with no issues.

It will all depend if they wanted to give up home advantage for a bigger payday.

They would switch it to tynecastle imo

NAE NOOKIE
30-11-2014, 04:57 PM
They would switch it to tynecastle imo

According to Sportscene last night, if drawn at home Spartans have vowed to play the tie at Ainslie Park no matter who they get.

1van Sprou7e
30-11-2014, 05:02 PM
According to Sportscene last night, if drawn at home Spartans have vowed to play the tie at Ainslie Park no matter who they get.

Wonder how they'd manage that if it's a big team, would have to step up security a lot

Hibby Bairn
30-11-2014, 05:17 PM
3000 there v Man Utd about 3 years ago.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 05:26 PM
3000 there v Man Utd about 3 years ago.

Aye but what if they draw a really big team like Hearts?

Oh wait.....

bingo70
30-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Who's left in the draw? I'm too lazy to check

InterviewLoI
30-11-2014, 05:40 PM
I hear Hearts have a bye to the final because of their special relationship with the cup

Bostonhibby
30-11-2014, 05:44 PM
I hear Hearts have a bye to the final because of their special relationship with the cup

Just as well, even if they piled one on top of the other which is very popular in yam circles they'd never get 400,000 into Spartans.

God Petrie
30-11-2014, 05:50 PM
An ironic reference to their special relationship with the cup never fails to get them biting on Facebook. What a pleasant St Andrews day this has been.

HTD1875
30-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Hibs
Dunfermline or Stranraer
Raith
ICT or St Mirren
St Johnstone
Spartans
QOS
Partick
Dundee United
Dundee
Falkirk
Arbroath
Berwick or Albion Rovers
Annan or Brechin
Celtic
Rangers

Plenty opportunities for a reasonable draw. GGTTH

Diclonius
30-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Arbroath away please.

Pete
30-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Hibs
Dunfermline or Stranraer
Raith
ICT or St Mirren
St Johnstone
Spartans
QOS
Partick
Dundee United
Dundee
Falkirk
Arbroath
Berwick or Albion Rovers
Annan or Brechin
Celtic
Rangers

Plenty opportunities for a reasonable draw. GGTTH

ICT, Celtic and united are the ones to avoid. We're more than capable of beating the rest of them.

jodjam
30-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Home v Spartans. If away pars please

Bronson
30-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Anyone bar Celtic. Would rather avoid Dundee Utd but if we drew them at home it wouldn't bother me after the league cup game.

Other than that, we're more than good enough to beat the rest of the teams left in the competition.

seanshow
30-11-2014, 06:16 PM
I'm gonna take a guess at how the replay's will turn out, and say these will be the 16 teams in the draw

.....and pessimistically put us 8th favourite to win it. :greengrin

1)Celtic
2)Dundee U
3)Inverness
4)St Johnstone
5)Dundee
6)Partick
7)Rangers
8)Hibernian
9)QOS
10)Falkirk
11)Raith Rovers
12)Dunfermline
13)Arbroath
14)Brechin
15)Albion
16)Spartans

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Arbroath away please.

Hope not.

Ground right on the coast with some horrendous winds at time. On a bad day that would be a very tricky tie for anyone.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Hope not.

Ground right on the coast with some horrendous winds at time. On a bad day that would be a very tricky tie for anyone.

And they play in maroon

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Spartans away please

Islington Hibs
30-11-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm gonna take a guess at how the replay's will turn out, and say these will be the 16 teams in the draw

.....and pessimistically put us 8th favourite to win it. :greengrin

1)Celtic
2)Dundee U
3)Inverness
4)St Johnstone
5)Dundee
6)Partick
7)Rangers
8)Hibernian
9)QOS
10)Falkirk
11)Raith Rovers
12)Dunfermline
13)Arbroath
14)Brechin
15)Albion
16)Spartans

There is one clear favourite Celtic. Next, and a long way behind, comes Dundee Utd and Inverness very marginally ahead of the next 5 including us. Outside Celtic their ain't much to pick and we have as good a chance as anyone and have shown that in games against Hearts, Rangers and indeed Dundee Utd. A bit of luck, concentration and a decent draw and there is no reason we get to Hampden.

weonlywon6-2
30-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Have a feelng we may get a tough draw this time

Squealing pig
30-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Avoid celtic or Dundee away I fancy our chances against anyone

Hibeesmad
30-11-2014, 08:19 PM
I've got a feeling we will be home to Partick, just one that stuck out too me

Jdawg
30-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Easiest tie possible please

hibees 7062
30-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Wonder how they'd manage that if it's a big team, would have to step up security a lot

It's ok they're oot :greengrin

The_Exile
30-11-2014, 08:47 PM
With Rangers being up **** creek without a paddle I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say the reason it's tomorrow at 2pm is cos their microwave's on the blink, and the first draw out the hat will be Rangers v Celtic :agree:

davhibby
30-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Arbroath, Berwick/Albion or Annan/Brechin at home would be good

Swedish hibee
30-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Home please :aok:

PatHead
30-11-2014, 09:04 PM
With Rangers being up **** creek without a paddle I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say the reason it's tomorrow at 2pm is cos their microwave's on the blink, and the first draw out the hat will be Rangers v Celtic :agree:

Celtic v Rangers as the attendance would be bigger at that ground which means more money for the desperadoes.

Pete
30-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Celtic v Rangers as the attendance would be bigger at that ground which means more money for the desperadoes.

Nah, too early.

Watch Rangers and celtic both draw a diddy team at home. The hot and cold balls will come out nearer the quarter final stage.

Zazu62
30-11-2014, 09:11 PM
We will get qots away

PatHead
30-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Nah, too early.

Watch Rangers and celtic both draw a diddy team at home. The hot and cold balls will come out nearer the quarter final stage.

But The Rangers would get revenue to keep them going to the end of the season with 2 old firm games, they could start selling tickets soon.

Waxy
30-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Who's left in the draw? I'm too lazy to check
The two Edinburgh sides are still in.

GGTTH07
30-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Predicting St Johnstone home

Speedy
30-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Ideal Draw

Hibs v Spartans
Dunfermline or Stranraer v Raith
St Johnstone v ICT or St Mirren
QOS v Partick
Dundee v Rangers
Arbroath v Falkirk
Annan or Brechin v Berwick or Albion Rovers
Dundee United v Celtic

PatHead
30-11-2014, 11:35 PM
Ideal Draw

Hibs v Spartans
QOS v Partick
Dundee v Rangers
Arbroath v Falkirk
Dundee United v Celtic

Would prefer Edinburgh derby, Dundee derby, traditional Glasgow derby and The Rangers to get ICT away from home as I doubt they will be able to afford the bus fare by then

monktonharp
01-12-2014, 12:47 AM
Ideal Draw

Hibs v Spartans
QOS v Partick
Dundee v Rangers
Arbroath v Falkirk
Dundee United v Celtic first division Hibernian, against non-league Spartans would, on paper be the ideal scenario. other good draws from the Hibs fans view could be home to QOS, Arbroath home or away, Annan /Brechin/Berwick/Albion all home or away,pars/ raith home or away or stranraer home. quite a few options or possibilities but nae teams from a league above us please. not at this stage. HMFC, would have been good, but they're oot:greengrin

Keith_M
01-12-2014, 11:58 AM
other good draws from the Hibs fans view could be home to QOS..........

Not with our record against them so far this season -- Played Two, Drew One, Lost One.

I'd like Dunfermline Away. Short journey across the Forth, big Hibs support and they're just not very good just now.

Speedy
01-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Would prefer Edinburgh derby, Dundee derby, traditional Glasgow derby and The Rangers to get ICT away from home as I doubt they will be able to afford the bus fare by then

Thought that but then went for a draw with the best chance of top teams going out.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2014, 12:27 PM
I'd like Dunfermline Away. Short journey across the Forth, big Hibs support and they're just not very good just now.

I'd take that

renato
01-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Got a feeling we'll get Partick away and the chance to take a massive away support through to the weeg. Provided the draw is kind, we'll probably have a better chance away from ER.

Leithenhibby
01-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Is there a link to watch this live?

Perhaps I'm a tad early, but I'm excited :hyper:

hailhail22
01-12-2014, 01:16 PM
I had a dream it was Dundee United away....... I have no idea why

Bronson
01-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Is there a link to watch this live?

Perhaps I'm a tad early, but I'm excited :hyper:

It's live on Sky Sports News at 2pm lad:aok:

Leithenhibby
01-12-2014, 01:22 PM
It's live on Sky Sports News at 2pm lad:aok:

Not got Sky though :greengrin

Think a link to youtube was put up last time, could be wrong though.

Bronson
01-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Not got Sky though :greengrin

Think a link to youtube was put up last time, could be wrong though.

There probably will be, if not the STV website always do a live update of all the ties as they come out the hat. It's not as good as watching a stream but it's the next best thing.

I'll have a look and see if I can find a stream, if I find anything I'll post a link in here for you.

Keith_M
01-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Anyone know which Crooked and Discredited members of our beloved SFA are making the Draw today?

Leithenhibby
01-12-2014, 01:31 PM
There probably will be, if not the STV website always do a live update of all the ties as they come out the hat. It's not as good as watching a stream but it's the next best thing.

I'll have a look and see if I can find a stream, if I find anything I'll post a link in here for you.

Your a gentleman, not many of us left :wink:

Mathias Jack
01-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Anyone know which Crooked and Discredited members of our beloved SFA are making the Draw today?

Dunno about who else is involved, but Owen Coyle is...

Bronson
01-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Your a gentleman, not many of us left :wink:

http://www.vipleague.is/football/269336/1/scottish-cup-5th-round-draw-live-stream-online.html

Don't say I'm not good to you:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Hertz will get a home tie against Spartans no doubt

HUTCHYHIBBY
Natalie looking well in the SSN studio.

givescotlandfreedom
Annan at home please.

Aldo
01-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Anyone at home a part from Smellic, Utd, St Jonhstone, ICT and Dundee.

In a word Spartans please.

SteveHFC
01-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Hibs v Arbroath

Sergio sledge
01-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Hibs v Arbroath - Not bad.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Chance to hump a team in maroon?

Weststandwanab
Home to Arbroath

mutley
That'll do, that'll do nicely

NadeAteMyLunch!
😁😁😁

JimBHibees
Hibs v Arbroath - Not bad.

Cracking draw.

GlasgowHibee
Arbroath at home, great draw. :flag:

green.and.white
Home to Arbroath, excellent :flag:

DTS
Very good draw, come on hibs!!

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Q.o.S v St.johnstone
Sevco v Raith Rovers
Dundee v Celtic
Hibernian v Arbroath :greengrin
Falkirk v Annan/Brechin
Stranraer/Dunfy v Dundee utd
Partick v ST.mirren/Caley
Spartans v Berwick ran/albion rvs

Hertz get a bye

Aldo
Qots v Perth saints
Der Hun v Raith Rovers
Dundee v Celtic
HIBERNIAN V Arbroath
Falkirk v Annan/Brechin
Stranraer/Pars v Dundee Utd
Jags v st Mirren/ICT
Spartans v Berwick/Albion

That'll do nicely.

I missed who the YAMS got oooppppss sorry they are out.

Weststandwanab
Spartans at home too

Leithenhibby
01-12-2014, 02:06 PM
http://www.vipleague.is/football/269336/1/scottish-cup-5th-round-draw-live-stream-online.html

Don't say I'm not good to you:greengrin

:aok:

Pretty Boy
01-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Happy with that.

Spartans will be happy as well, what a chance to make the quarter final.

Bronson
01-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Brilliant draw that, very pleased!

JimBHibees
01-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Happy with that.

Also leaves it open for someone to get the winner of that tie in the quarters.

S4uzee
01-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Happy with that.

Yip. Unbelievable if Spartans made quarters. They must fancy their chances

Keith_M
01-12-2014, 02:10 PM
That draw was a total fix by some Hibee minded SFA employee!!!!!

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
01-12-2014, 02:10 PM
At least 4 championship or below clubs, will be in the last 8

Spike Mandela
01-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Arbroath leaders of league two and not to be underestimated. Just before we get carried away.:cb

Keith_M
01-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Who did Hearts get?

NAE NOOKIE
01-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Could have had a lot worse ... what a chance for Spartans too.

Laughed when the guy on SKY said "we had 5 all Premiership ties in the last round, but this time only one, Partick v ICT or St Mirren" :greengrin

Leithenhibby
Arbroath leaders of league two and not to be underestimated. Just before we get carried away.:cb

I recall they did us at ER before......... :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
Ties to be played Sat 7th Feb, Hertz play their tie on Feb 29th

GreenArmyyy!
01-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Just about as excited for Spartans draw as I am for Hibs!

007 Mickey Weir
01-12-2014, 02:15 PM
When will it be played?

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2014, 02:16 PM
same scoreline from when we last played Arbroath at ER in the SC in 2006 please...6-0

wont mention the scoreline from 1977 against them though :rolleyes:

MB62
Brilliant draw that, very pleased!

Me too, and I dare say Malonga will be delighted also as we should be capable of getting through this tie without him and he will then be back for the next round.

More SPL team also sure to go out too :thumbsup:

007 Mickey Weir
Ties to be played Sat 7th Feb, Hertz play their tie on Feb 29th

Thanks

lucky
01-12-2014, 02:17 PM
It's a great draw. Every club bar Dundee will be happy

Billy Whizz
01-12-2014, 02:17 PM
same scoreline from when we last played Arbroath at ER in the SC in 2006 please...6-0

I remember that game, an ex Hibee chris Jackson played for them that day

greenlex
01-12-2014, 02:18 PM

We also took six of them not so long ago.👍

Ronniekirk
01-12-2014, 02:18 PM

I know our home form isn't great and Malonga will be away possibly but it is excellent chance to progress Hope they price it reasonably as dont want fleeced

JimBHibees
01-12-2014, 02:19 PM
I know our home form isn't great and Malonga will be away possibly but it is excellent chance to progress Hope they price it reasonably as dont want fleeced

Suspended anyway

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2014, 02:19 PM
I remember that game, an ex Hibee chris Jackson played for them that day

i've thankfully forgotten the 1977 game :)

H13BYM
01-12-2014, 02:20 PM

Played 13 Won 10 Lost 3. They are very much a form side and will definitely fancy their chances we must not be complacent. yes be confident but lots of ppl writing them off. Need To be on our game me thinks.

S4uzee
01-12-2014, 02:22 PM

I'm sure they drew with Celtic a few years ago at parkhead in the SC

Leithenhibby
01-12-2014, 02:23 PM
We also took six of them not so long ago.

But gone are the day's (for now anyway) when we just turn up and expect that scoreline :wink:

hibee_girl
01-12-2014, 02:24 PM
We also took six of them not so long ago.👍

In 2006!

JimBHibees
01-12-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm sure they drew with Celtic a few years ago at parkhead in the SC

They did and were a wee bit unlucky in the replay either lost 1 or 2-0.

They cant and wont be underestimated however it is still a cracking draw to be playing a lower league team at home.

inglisavhibs
01-12-2014, 02:25 PM

We must have a good chance in the replay:wink:

Kato
01-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Who did Hearts get?

They got a bye, no hold on - it was a bye-bye. :aok:

Hermit Crab
01-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Played 13 Won 10 Lost 3. They are very much a form side and will definitely fancy their chances we must not be complacent. yes be confident but lots of ppl writing them off. Need To be on our game me thinks.

Without doubt! None of this turning up and expecting to win pish. Hard work on the park required and hopefully alagui will be back fit by then.

Keith_M
01-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Just found this (http://www.relichtie.plus.com/memorable_matches%20no%2014.htm) online.

Hamish
01-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Its Hibs, Its the Scottish Cup. We can't take anybody lightly.

Northernhibee
01-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Real banana skin - team flying with confidence high.

mutley
01-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Real banana skin - team flying with confidence high.

Damn right, no expectations but I want Hibs to work hard and win this, get us to the QFs and we will see who we face then.

I'm not taking any team for granted

Pete
01-12-2014, 02:57 PM
This is probably one of the kindest draws we could have had.

People talk about banana skins but we should be leathering Arbroath at home.

GordonHFC
01-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Anything can happen to form in 9 weeks. Pretty sure we will have another couple of newbies in the ranks and we will take them just as seriously as any team we play.

JimBHibees
01-12-2014, 03:08 PM

Cant disagree with that.

Speedy
01-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Great draw.

Delighted for Spartans as well. Edinburgh derby in the quarters.

lapsedhibee
01-12-2014, 03:12 PM

They did. Though we had a poor team out that day. Brownlie, Schaedler, Bremner, Blackley, Edwards, McLeod, Duncan, etc.

i've thankfully forgotten the 1977 game :)

I recall only that it was pishing, really pishing, down.

le bill
01-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Hearts would have had Dundee Away had they got through so probably dodged a bullet there!

They supposedly have some "emotional baggage" when playing at Dens Park? Havent a clue what thats all about?

Anybody know? :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Its Hibs, Its the Scottish Cup. We can't take anybody lightly.

This is true, but it's a very favourable draw. Let's enjoy the cup run whilst it lasts, because we all know how it ends eventually :-D

lapsedhibee
01-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Hearts would have had Dundee Away had they got through so probably dodged a bullet there!

They supposedly have some "emotional baggage" when playing at Dens Park? Havent a clue what thats all about?

Anybody know? :wink:

Could Mad Vlad McMad's incognito director of football have been involved somehow? :dunno:

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Just found this (http://www.relichtie.plus.com/memorable_matches%20no%2014.htm) online.

I was at both games, up at Arbroath I don't think I had felt the cold like that in my life, it was Arctic! we were hopeless in the replay and were always getting beat by teams like them in cup competitions, i.e. Montrose ETC.

Wilson
01-12-2014, 03:19 PM

Better Hibs teams have lost to sides we should similarly be leathering.

Arbroath won't be expected to win so they'll play with a bit of freedom. We'll need to be at it.

This is a thoroughly winnable tie. One we might have hoped for. When we came out of the draw I had a sinking feeling we'd get Dundee Utd take 2. Things could be worse.

Caution and focus. We can't look past anyone.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2014, 03:20 PM
]I was at both games, up at Arbroath I don't think I had felt the cold like that in my life, it was Arctic![/B] we were hopeless in the replay and were always getting beat by teams like them in cup competitions, i.e. Montrose ETC.

Arbroath makes Pittordrie feel tropical. A killer in winter.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Great draw.

Delighted for Spartans as well. Edinburgh derby in the quarters.

Do you think they'll let Edinburgh's 2 BIG teams play in the cup on the same day?

southsider
01-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Arbroath makes Pittordrie feel tropical. A killer in winter.

Their pitch is right beside the beach. The ball kept going in the North Sea. Think they lost a few.

Pete
01-12-2014, 03:40 PM

Arbroath won't be expected to win so they'll play with a bit of freedom. We'll need to be at it.

This is a thoroughly winnable tie. One we might have hoped for. When we came out of the draw I had a sinking feeling we'd get Dundee Utd take 2. Things could be worse.

Very true and I'm sure the players will be 100% focused. One difference that might work in our favour is that this team is used to playing smaller teams that park the bus at ER and try to hit on the break, whereas it might have been more of an unusual situation in the past.

You say we can't look past anyone but II'll leave that to the team. I'm already thinking about which end of Hampden we are going to get.

edinburghhibs
01-12-2014, 03:56 PM
I was in the Dunbar end for the replay in 1977 (boys gate). It was pishing it doon the whole match. At 1-2, Hibs were shooting downhill and had about 20 chances to equalise. Not a happy evening :rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-12-2014, 04:01 PM

Is this what we've been reduced to over recent years? They are top of the 4th division FFS.

Bobby's Cinema
01-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Is this what we've been reduced to over recent years? They are top of the 4th division FFS.
:hilarious I thought it was just me

malagahibby
01-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Raith, in Last seasons draw was supposed to be a great/Easy draw.
Lets focus on the league for a few months and take care of this one, like we did in 2006.
l thought our manager was superb yesterday on the TV. Very knowledgeable,very likeable and thinks before he talks.

silverhibee
01-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Happy with that.

5000/1 for them to win it.

Wilson
01-12-2014, 04:23 PM

You could argue that our under 20's should beat them. I'd back them. I don't imagine anyone is advocating resting our first team though.

It isn't about being reduced to anything. We are Hibs.

We just accept that the game has yet to be won. This isn't a bye we've been given. It's the 90 minutes that count. Malonga's lapse and Hearts own red card problems are proof of how you can make things difficult if you're not on your mettle.

theonlywayisup
01-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Q.o.S v St.johnstone
Sevco v Raith Rovers
Dundee v Celtic
Hibernian v Arbroath :greengrin
Falkirk v Annan/Brechin
Stranraer/Dunfy v Dundee utd
Partick v ST.mirren/Caley
Spartans v Berwick ran/albion rvs

Hertz get a bye

My crystal ball says the quarter final teams will be:

Q.o.S
Raith Rovers
Dundee
Hibernian
Falkirk
Dundee utd
Caley
Spartans

rosco-hibee
01-12-2014, 04:41 PM
I was saying to a guy at work earlier that I hope we get a team like Arbroath in the next round... Lo and behold, Hibs V Arbroath.

I will try this trick in the next round as well...I think I'm onto something.:cb

:gwa:

superfurryhibby
01-12-2014, 04:46 PM
I was in the Dunbar end for the replay in 1977 (boys gate). It was pishing it doon the whole match. At 1-2, Hibs were shooting downhill and had about 20 chances to equalise. Not a happy evening :rolleyes:

Funny, because my only memories of being there was that the rain and cold forced me to leave early. Having done the usual climbing in over the wall of the old East Terrace, I then had to resort to climbing back out again, after about 15 mins of the second half.

Jimmy ****ing Bone-heid, dirty bassa.

Still good draw, although Spartans away would have been a bit special.

Bronson
01-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Me too, and I dare say Malonga will be delighted also as we should be capable of getting through this tie without him and he will then be back for the next round.

More SPL team also sure to go out too :thumbsup:

My thinking exactly, great chance of getting to the quarter finals, which in the Scottish are always great games. Killie away last year is one of my favourite ever away days, goals, atmosphere and a great result.

Not getting too carried away, we still have to beat them, but a kind draw nonetheless.

AL-Qaholik
01-12-2014, 05:03 PM
A pretty favourable draw - but anybody else kinda wishing we were away...?

Hermit Crab
01-12-2014, 05:23 PM
My crystal ball says the quarter final teams will be:

Q.o.S
Raith Rovers
Dundee
Hibernian
Falkirk
Dundee utd
Caley
Spartans

The two in bold. No danger.
Youll be be throwing that crystal ball in the bin.

Bronson
01-12-2014, 05:26 PM
The two in bold. No danger.
Youll be be throwing that crystal ball in the bin.

Dundee are a very decent side this year, make no bones about it. Hard ask to put out Celtic but they're one of the only teams left really capable of doing so IMO. As for Raith, they have every chance at Castle Greyskull.

I wouldn't back either of them, but both capable of upsets.

jon paul jones
01-12-2014, 05:27 PM
My thinking exactly, great chance of getting to the quarter finals, which in the Scottish are always great games. Killie away last year is one of my favourite ever away days, goals, atmosphere and a great result.

Not getting too carried away, we still have to beat them, but a kind draw nonetheless.

Cup away days are the best. I'm always surprised when we don't fill the away ends on SC weekends. Great draw vs Arbroath and I'll be there for round 5. We will need to play better than we did at Recreation Park...

GG

jacomo
01-12-2014, 05:33 PM

True. 'Leathering' is a good word though. I think that's what the 50k fans at Tynie witnessed at the weekend.

hibees 7062
01-12-2014, 06:05 PM
A pretty favourable draw - but anybody else kinda wishing we were away...?

:agree: RagingReality will be

weonlywon6-2
01-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Arbroath at home, great draw. :flag:

Good as it allows the injured players time to come back

Zazu62
01-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Great draw what else can u ask for ? Would take Spartans In the quarter final if I'm being greedy

Diclonius
01-12-2014, 07:00 PM
:agree: RagingReality will be

:grr:

If the teams were literally the other way round I could for the first time ever hop on a bus and half an hour later be at the Hibs game.

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2014, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=theonlywayisup;4238818]My crystal ball says the quarter final teams will be:

Q.o.S_________________ ST.johnstone for moi
Raith Rovers___________ Sevco for moi
Dundee_______________ Sellick for moi
Hibernian_____________ Agree
Falkirk________________ Agree
Dundee utd____________ Agree
Caley_________________ Agree
Spartans______________ Agree

LancsHibs
01-12-2014, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=theonlywayisup;4238818]My crystal ball says the quarter final teams will be:

Q.o.S_________________ ST.johnstone for moi
Raith Rovers___________ Sevco for moi
Dundee_______________ Sellick for moi
Hibernian_____________ Agree
Falkirk________________ Agree
Dundee utd____________ Agree
Caley_________________ Agree
Spartans______________ Agree

I agree with you but hope he's right:greengrin

H18Y GW
01-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Seen Hibs losing as a teenager through the big fence on the main terracing to Arbroath..

Nearly a pitch invasion

lord bunberry
01-12-2014, 08:24 PM

Exactly, if we don't beat them it would go down as the biggest shock in my 30 years of watching hibs

LancsHibs
01-12-2014, 08:26 PM
:hmmm:The two posters on their forum seem confident! We better not take this mob lightly!

Eyrie
01-12-2014, 08:28 PM
It's as good a draw as we could hope for.

Now need Dundee to beat Septic and the whole competition will be wide open for everyone.

Hermit Crab
01-12-2014, 08:34 PM
:hmmm:The two posters on their forum seem confident! We better not take this mob lightly!

:agree: I suspect there may be a few jambos in the Arbroath end that day, I won't be hard for them to disguise themselves. Maroon scarfs tops etc.

whiskyhibby
01-12-2014, 08:41 PM
It's as good a draw as we could hope for.

Now need Dundee to beat Septic and the whole competition will be wide open for everyone.

Apart from the same draw at Arbroath ! [emoji2]

Northernhibee
01-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Arbroath were excellent when they drew with Celtic at Celtic Park and should have won the replay if it wasn't for some god awful refereeing decisions. They'll come at us, make it difficult to play when we are on the ball and have two big strong strikers who can finish - don't let the league they're in fool you. They'll be a good game for us.

We should really win this by a couple though.

Pretty Boy
01-12-2014, 09:26 PM
:agree: I suspect there may be a few jambos in the Arbroath end that day, I won't be hard for them to disguise themselves. Maroon scarfs tops etc.

Surely they will be at their cup tie that day?

AlbertK86
01-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Arbroath were excellent when they drew with Celtic at Celtic Park and should have won the replay if it wasn't for some god awful refereeing decisions. They'll come at us, make it difficult to play when we are on the ball and have two big strong strikers who can finish - don't let the league they're in fool you. They'll be a good game for us. We should really win this by a couple though.

Hope they do come at us as it will be better for us

We've struggled to beat teams who have sat in and parked the bus at ER this season

Ringothedog
01-12-2014, 09:35 PM

Good, the more money those Muppets give us the better. In fact if they want to fill the end then bring it on. I have always thought that Jambos were a bit simple. There is not a hope in hell that I would give the steam from my ***** unless hibs were playing at their cesspit.

Nailsea Hibby
01-12-2014, 09:38 PM

I know i was at the replay but can't remember much about it , this did remind me of my "Super Mike MacDonald" badge purchased from Gilzeans .

kaimendhibs
01-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Seen Hibs losing as a teenager through the big fence on the main terracing to Arbroath..

Nearly a pitch invasion

Me too. And Montrose and meadow bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
01-12-2014, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=kaimendhibs;4239035]Me too. And Montrose and meadow bank

Worst one I've seen was Stirling Albion away in a replay. Went down 2-1 to a late goal. Latapy got our goal I think.

Then there was Ross county away in another replay...........:rolleyes:

kaimendhibs
01-12-2014, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=kaimendhibs;4239035]Me too. And Montrose and meadow bank

Worst one I've seen was Stirling Albion away in a replay. Went down 2-1 to a late goal. Latapy got our goal I think.

The Ross county one is embedded in my memory G. Was working earlies next day too

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-12-2014, 10:08 PM

Was Stirling Alb the game Chris Jackson scored in? That was indeed a shocker!

portycabbage
01-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Was Stirling Alb the game Chris Jackson scored in? That was indeed a shocker!

:agree: (not that it tells you opposition scorers on here)-
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=75122

Diclonius
01-12-2014, 10:45 PM
The Ross county one is embedded in my memory G. Was working earlies next day too

Was in my first year at Heriot-Watt back then, ended up getting back at around 3 in the morning, utterly depressed. A fun day out.