PDA

View Full Version : David Gray

Northernhibee
29-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Felt he was worth a mention - each time I've seen him this season he's the sort of full/wing back we've needed for some time. Gets forward, creates danger, inspires other players. No idea why he's fallen under the radar in football terms in recent times - he's probably not destined to be an English Championship/Premier player but frankly strikes me as an inspired signing.

Well done to the lad.

Smartie
29-11-2014, 06:36 PM
RB seems to have been a problem position for us for years and I remember him being linked with him in the past.

I wish he'd been here years ago as he's class. Gray and Stevenson are essential in our current formation as their attacking ability and stamina to get up and down allow us to play the midfield we do.

Whilst he's very good, and very effective he's also a bit unspectacular. Which is equally good because I can't see a bigger club coming in for him. I think he's very like Derek Collins, who was another player who was effective and did a very good job for us indeed without ever really featuring in any "all-time best XI's".

Pretty Boy
29-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Never scored in his career and has 2 for us already. Solid at the back and likes to get forward. Good signing.

RyeSloan
29-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Never scored in his career and has 2 for us already. Solid at the back and likes to get forward. Good signing.

Sums it up. A few more signings like that and you have a solid consistent team..add in the likes of Allen and you have a good team.

Stubbs seems to know what he's doing and hopefully given a bit of time we'll see steady progression.

Sadly I feel promotion may just slip away from is this year which will be tough as at this rate it would appear Stubbs could have us SPL ready after the summer for sure.

truehibernian
29-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Top player, very fit - reminds me of Iain Munro for those of a vintage. So dependable.

Fergos
29-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Solid professional and been a great signing. Up and down the line, good in the challenge, excellent work rate and great attitude.

GGTTH

Kaff
29-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Can't comment about today as wasnt there but he seems to give the team a drive, hope he is given an extension as i assume he would have been 2yr contract?

Jonnyboy
29-11-2014, 07:44 PM
First class today and my MotM. I agree with the poster above that we now have two very god and very mobile full backs

Billy Whizz
29-11-2014, 07:45 PM
First class today and my MotM. I agree with the poster above that we now have two very god and very mobile full backs

Wonder if we'll go back to 352 when Forster is fit again, both Stevenson and Gray love to get forward

whiskyhibby
29-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Excellent today, a tough but fair defender who loves playing as a wing back, great goal and he could have had a hat trick today [emoji4]

ronaldo7
29-11-2014, 09:59 PM
He's what we've been missing for a long long time. He makes things look so very easy. MOTM today by a mile.

Sir David Gray
29-11-2014, 10:10 PM
One of the players of the season for me.

I haven't been to nearly as many games as I would have liked due to work commitments but pretty much every match I have been to this season, David Gray has been terrific.

Fantastic signing.

McIntosh
29-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Top player, very fit - reminds me of Iain Munro for those of a vintage. So dependable. Agreed thought something similar

InterviewLoI
29-11-2014, 11:11 PM
One of the best right backs in terms of the level they're playing at that I've ever seen

CapitalGreen
30-11-2014, 01:05 AM
One of the best right backs in terms of the level they're playing at that I've ever seen

One of the best (if not the best) right backs in recent times regardless of the level they are playing at.

O'Rourke3
30-11-2014, 01:13 AM
Fantastic going forward today (again). Great signing, great player, and it's between him and Allan for POTY

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 01:33 AM
One of the best (if not the best) right backs in recent times regardless of the level they are playing at.

Yep.

Outwith Whittaker no one we have had recently has consistently shown the level of performance Gray has.

B.H.F.C
30-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Man of the match for me yesterday

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-11-2014, 09:55 AM
First time in ages, we have had a proper right back playing in the correct position, rather than a make and do.

Stevie Reid
30-11-2014, 11:38 AM
The great thing is that Gray has been absolutely outstanding since he arrived, but he's got competition from several players as to who is Stubbs' best signing.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Best RB since Whittaker for me. So consistent and Stubbs loves the guy.