PDA

View Full Version : Allan & Handling

yerauldda
29-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Thought these two were a joy to watch today. It was like watching Mowbray's team in spells.

Handling motm for me as I'm getting bored of Allan getting it every week!

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Read on here Handling does nothing and is a poor player :faf:

He was very good today, same with Allan, Grey and Robbo

Pretty Boy
29-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Spot on.

No one really played poorly today (goalkeeper excepted) but those 2, along with Craig, stood out.

Thecat23
29-11-2014, 05:24 PM

Every home game I've seen would suggest he is. One game doesn't make the lad great. Great win and glad he played well but I still don't rate him.

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Every home game I've seen would suggest he is. One game doesn't make the lad great. Great win and glad he played well but I still don't rate him.Other way around, one bad game doesn't make him a poor player. He was excellent vs Livi, Dumbarton, Cowden and today and we are undoubtedly a better team with him behind the forwards.

bingo70
29-11-2014, 05:26 PM

That's exactly what handling normally does.

Pleased if he played well today but you're miles to early with you're gloating "told you so" comment

whiskyhibby
29-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Spot on.

No one really played poorly today (goalkeeper excepted) but those 2, along with Craig, stood out.

I thought Oxley did fine apart from the obvious gaff, but if we had have been playing on grass I think he would have saved it easy

truehibernian
29-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Every home game I've seen would suggest he is. One game doesn't make the lad great. Great win and glad he played well but I still don't rate him.

TC. you know I rate you and your posts :aok: however, next two games at least, watch Danny off the ball in a game (and when on the ball :greengrin).......I posted two years ago, he reminds me of your good mate KM.......he is a very very intelligent footballer, almost does his game a disservice as he is one pass ahead of his mates.....which can, as you know, make you either look bad or make you deal with a more tricky pass.

Danny has always been a very instinctive player and I am delighted he is with us - he will be a great player for Hibs. As will Alex Harris......Alex needs what Allan is getting from Stubbs.......confidence coaching with a little tough love.......

I still maintain Danny is played out of position but he is a really really talented boy........I'd have him second striker, all day long. Top top finisher. Has been since a laddie.

Watch him next game closely and report back :greengrin dare ya :wink:

Winston Ingram
29-11-2014, 05:30 PM

Glad he did well today. That'll be his 3rd decent performance this season. Next one due about February going by his past record:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
29-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Glad that Handling had a good game. I think he's a talented player who gets a bad reputation on here. The position he plays means the game can sometimes seemingly pass him by, however the manager knows he's a clever player and thats good enough for me.

Winston Ingram
29-11-2014, 05:32 PM
TC. you know I rate you and your posts :aok: however, next two games at least, watch Danny off the ball in a game (and when on the ball :greengrin).......I posted two years ago, he reminds me of your good mate KM.......he is a very very intelligent footballer, almost does his game a disservice as he is one pass ahead of his mates.....which can, as you know, make you either look bad or make you deal with a more tricky pass.

Danny has always been a very instinctive player and I am delighted he is with us - he will be a great player for Hibs. As will Alex Harris......Alex needs what Allan is getting from Stubbs.......confidence coaching with a little tough love.......

I still maintain Danny is played out of position but he is a really really talented boy........I'd have him second striker, all day long. Top top finisher. Has been since a laddie.

If you want to watch Danny it's usually the only choice you have

Thecat23
29-11-2014, 05:33 PM

For the record I don't rate Kenny [emoji12]

Joking aside I often like to watch the players off the ball see what they do when covering/defending etc when we don't have the ball. So will defo keep an eye on Danny and see what he's like.

Maybe he just needs a few goals, but what I've seen is a poor player so far IMO and would like to see him step up and put his mark on the game. But defo will keep an eye and see what he's like when he's not on the ball mate. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truehibernian
29-11-2014, 05:34 PM
If you want to watch Danny it's usually the only choice you have

oooh you are awful Winston as Dick Emery would say :greengrin

I rate the lad, always have, always will - I think that will prove correct :aok:

Thecat23
29-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Other way around, one bad game doesn't make him a poor player. He was excellent vs Livi, Dumbarton, Cowden and today and we are undoubtedly a better team with him behind the forwards.

I think he's had more bad games than good when he's been playing. Livvi he did play well though and I'd like to see that most weeks not just a one off. Wasn't there today so I can't comment. Good to hear he had a good game though. Some folk think when a person doesn't rate a player that means he doesn't want him to do well. Where as I do want them to do well and find it frustrating to hear what they do in training yet often don't do it on the park.

truehibernian
29-11-2014, 05:40 PM
For the record I don't rate Kenny [emoji12]

Joking aside I often like to watch the players off the ball see what they do when covering/defending etc when we don't have the ball. So will defo keep an eye on Danny and see what he's like.

Maybe he just needs a few goals, but what I've seen is a poor player so far IMO and would like to see him step up and put his mark on the game. But defo will keep an eye and see what he's like when he's not on the ball mate. [emoji106]

I was at Tynie last week and even I winced when he 'tackled' McHattie........:greengrin

I think CT noted the booking down as 'opposing/cautioned player pretending to be bothered' :faf:

Good tackle tell him :aok:

Blaster
29-11-2014, 05:43 PM
I thought he had a good first half today, so great turns and flicks. However twice after making great turns he didn't shoot when clean thru??

His problem is he fades out of games after half time. But I di think there is something there and will develop into a consistently good player for us

Thecat23
29-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Haha, I called him after the game he was raging that they lost. He thinks hearts are poor and just got lucky.

Did laugh myself when he went through him. [emoji16]

Winston Ingram
29-11-2014, 05:45 PM
oooh you are awful Winston as Dick Emery would say :greengrin

I rate the lad, always have, always will - I think that will prove correct :aok:

I hope your right. I do think he has talent but at the moment he's demonstrating it on average 1 game in 10 which is why he's deservedly getting stick.

truehibernian
29-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Haha, I called him after the game he was raging that they lost. He thinks hearts are poor and just got lucky.

Did laugh myself when he went through him. [emoji16]

Mate, I watched Kenny and he was fizzing all game......the tackle was almost e-mailed to the Compliance Officer before it happened :greengrin

McHattie is an arrogant tit........mind Robbie Savage had a worse suit than Kenny would ever wear :faf: I think they were doing Focus at the game

Thecat23
29-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Yeah he was, he was raging that Smith got himself sent off. Said there was no need for that tackle. That's when he said the game was over then, and he started losing it.

Haha he owns a few bad suits believe me. I mind nicking a shirt off him for a night out in Birmingham and it was a velvet shirt or something like velvet [emoji1] really was a shocker!!!!

truehibernian
29-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Yeah he was, he was raging that Smith got himself sent off. Said there was no need for that tackle. That's when he said the game was over then, and he started losing it.

Haha he owns a few bad suits believe me. I mind nicking a shirt off him for a night out in Birmingham and it was a velvet shirt or something like velvet [emoji1] really was a shocker!!!!

He needs to tell Boyd to lose weight as well.......KM looks fit as a butchers dug, Boyd is looking like a pub player........was really disappointed with that given he's doing his badges etc, and the salary he is on - says a lot for me about Boyd.

Thecat23
29-11-2014, 06:14 PM
He needs to tell Boyd to lose weight as well.......KM looks fit as a butchers dug, Boyd is looking like a pub player........was really disappointed with that given he's doing his badges etc, and the salary he is on - says a lot for me about Boyd.

Couldn't agree more mate. I won't tell you what he said about couple other players in the team!!!

truehibernian
29-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Couldn't agree more mate. I won't tell you what he said about couple other players in the team!!!

I'll guarantee one has painting as his second hobby :greengrin

Thecat23
29-11-2014, 06:20 PM
I'll guarantee one has painting as his second hobby :greengrin

[emoji6]

hibs0666
29-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Glad he did well today. That'll be his 3rd decent performance this season. Next one due about February going by his past record:agree:

Deary me.

truehibernian
29-11-2014, 06:26 PM
[emoji6]

Didn't get involved all game - hardly surprising I suppose when your old man (and himself) sits in the Main (crumbling) Stand when The Rangers aint playing and the Hertz are.............

Watched him closely and he was two yards off play all game........:cb I'd have rattled him at half time for it

truehibernian
29-11-2014, 06:28 PM
.....of course, he got involved at the pen :cb:rolleyes:

Brightside
29-11-2014, 06:29 PM

Unreal... :rolleyes:

Thecat23
29-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Didn't get involved all game - hardly surprising I suppose when your old man (and himself) sits in the Main (crumbling) Stand when The Rangers aint playing and the Hertz are.............

Watched him closely and he was two yards off play all game........:cb I'd have rattled him at half time for it

Exactly, walks around middle of the park and never looked that interested if you ask me.

whiskyhibby
29-11-2014, 06:40 PM
I thought Danny had an excellent game today, held the ball well, distributed it well and chased down the Alloa defence when needed, well done son!

Jonnyboy
29-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Setting Miller and Boyd aside for the moment and returning to the point of this thread (:wink:) I thought Danny did well today and is better than some give him credit for. He should have had a shot when through twice but tried to set up team mates instead and it backfired. As to Scott Allan, undoubted quality and some of his passes today were sheer class but even he makes mistakes and chooses wrong options at times. Stubbs said of Scott, post match, that he knows how good Scott is but he wants more from the lad and is sure it's there to give.

whiskyhibby
29-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Setting Miller and Boyd aside for the moment and returning to the point of this thread (:wink:) I thought bDanny did well today and is better than some give him credit for. He should have had a shot when through twice but tried to set up team mates instead and it backfired. As to Scott A llan, undoubted quality and some of his passes today were sheer class but even he makes mistakes and chooses wrong options at times. Stubbs said of Scott, post match, that he knows how good Scott is but he wants more from the lad and is sure it's there to give.

Agree completely, Danny had one chance in the first half just before half time where he would have scored if he had taken a shot. Alloa packed their defence and to attempt a pass was the wrong option, but he will learn and it doesn't detract from the great work he put in today

Billy Whizz
29-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Well done Danny, good all round performance, as for Allan, the lad frustrates me

truehibernian
29-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Setting Miller and Boyd aside for the moment and returning to the point of this thread (:wink:) I thought Danny did well today and is better than some give him credit for. He should have had a shot when through twice but tried to set up team mates instead and it backfired. As to Scott Allan, undoubted quality and some of his passes today were sheer class but even he makes mistakes and chooses wrong options at times. Stubbs said of Scott, post match, that he knows how good Scott is but he wants more from the lad and is sure it's there to give.

Thats my point with Danny JB......he sees a pass that others don't etc hence in a game at full pelt he is the one made to look 'silly' because other players don't have that game savvy.......DH is and will be a top player for Hibs.......I'm unsure if he will be a really top player, but he has the potential to be top end Championship easily. I remember Naismith struggling a little at Killie and it is so similar to Danny.......good player, around crap pros for so long, it affects you.......it's no surprise he is playing well now he is in a team that is both winning and playing good football........like Lewis, fans sometimes don't appreciate the work throughout the 90.......they want the blood and snotters.......I don't.......I want players like Lewis and Danny to be fully appreciated for what they are......really good technically gifted footballers with a huge heart too.

Jonnyboy
29-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Thats my point with Danny JB......he sees a pass that others don't etc hence in a game at full pelt he is the one made to look 'silly' because other players don't have that game savvy.......DH is and will be a top player for Hibs.......I'm unsure if he will be a really top player, but he has the potential to be top end Championship easily. I remember Naismith struggling a little at Killie and it is so similar to Danny.......good player, around crap pros for so long, it affects you.......it's no surprise he is playing well now he is in a team that is both winning and playing good football........like Lewis, fans sometimes don't appreciate the work throughout the 90.......they want the blood and snotters.......I don't.......I want players like Lewis and Danny to be fully appreciated for what they are......really good technically gifted footballers with a huge heart too.

Well said :top marks

whiskyhibby
29-11-2014, 07:08 PM

Very well said, if you want blood and snotters then go and support any Sunday pub team side.........

Winston Ingram
29-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Unreal... :rolleyes:

Tell me about it :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
29-11-2014, 07:17 PM

I made a point of watching Handling today and I have to say I was impressed. Not always with what he done on the ball but his work rate was superb and he battled away all day.

He needs to build up his upper body strength a bit and maybe be a bit more ruthless when he gets a chance but there's definitely potential there.

He's a bit hot and cold at the minute but if we stick with him I can see us having a player on our hands, something I might not have said a couple of months back.

marinello59
29-11-2014, 07:38 PM
There were several good performances today but Danny Handling was the one that really impressed me most. A real joy to watch.

Stuarty27
29-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Handling was great today, played well and worked hard.

The wee one twos and quick link ups between Allan, handling and Cummings is great to watch at times.

Allan again was absolute stand out, head and shoulders above everyone on the park.

Crammond Hibee
29-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Deary me.

Unbelievable !!!

whiskyhibby
29-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Unbelievable !!!

Why......you have taken the quote out of context, he was saying that to call Danny performances today as one bright spot in a miserable set of performances this season ( that was the implication) was not on, and I agree , so not sure why you posted this comment?

:flag::gwa:

silverhibee
29-11-2014, 08:57 PM

Got to agree with you J, both had a good game and as you say about SA his passing and trickery is top notch, but like DH they never want to take the shot on, it always gets passed on which can be a tad annoying at times when the shot is on for them.

Can't fault any of the players today, how many times have i said that goalkeepers can't let the ball bounce in front of them on that surface at Alloa, it's a nightmare of a surface, but in the hat for the next round and that's all that matters, Malonga silly laddie.

ronaldo7
29-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Well done Danny, good all round performance, as for Allan, the lad frustrates me

Switch this sentence round for me Billy. Scott is a class and a half above Danny imo.:wink:

Crammond Hibee
29-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Why......you have taken the quote out of context, he was saying that to call Danny performances today as one bright spot in a miserable set of performances this season ( that was the implication) was not on, and I agree , so not sure why you posted this comment?

:flag::gwa:

I know
I meant to add it to the one before
I agree
Give the boy a break

whiskyhibby
29-11-2014, 09:09 PM
I know
I meant to add it to the one before
I agree
Give the boy a break

Sorry Cramond, I'm have called you wrong and apologise, Danny did well today and him and the rest of the team deserve our applause for a job well done today [emoji6]

AlbertK86
29-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Just on way home after a great day out in Alloa.

Allan is the classiest player in the championship by a country mile

Always in control and has the ' touch of an angel'

Most entertaining player on Hibs books in years

Handling excellent again

Takes ball in to feet brilliantly and opens the play up at every opportunity

Agree that others sometimes not on his wavelength

Some great wee quick one twos and interchanges

Some folk need to give the boy a break

Great result from a lacklustre game on a dreadful surface

Bring on the yams in the next round

GGTTH

whiskyhibby
29-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Just on way home after a great day out in Alloa.

Allan is the classiest player in the championship by a country mile

Always in control and has the ' touch of an angel'

Most entertaining player on Hibs books in years

Handling excellent again

Takes ball in to feet brilliantly and opens the play up at every opportunity

Agree that others sometimes not on his wavelength

Some great wee quick one twos and interchanges

Some folk need to give the boy a break

Great result from a lacklustre game on a dreadful surface

Bring on the yams in the next round

GGTTH

Well said that man !!

Thecat23
29-11-2014, 09:56 PM
What is good is the fact he put in a good performance. I would love to be proved wrong and seems today Danny showed folk like me he can play. I look forward to seeing him at ER and hope he keeps this form going.

Wish some fans wouldn't take things out of context though. All the "deary me" posts aren't needed. It's an open forum and many don't think Danny has gave enough this season considering we have dropped down. If he had he will play every week no doubt. As long as when he has a good game these fans (myself) included give him credit he deserves. So well done keep it up and prove us wrong Danny.

Gus
29-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Played well today but this is his level imo

Winston Ingram
29-11-2014, 10:53 PM
What is good is the fact he put in a good performance. I would love to be proved wrong and seems today Danny showed folk like me he can play. I look forward to seeing him at ER and hope he keeps this form going.

Wish some fans wouldn't take things out of context though. All the "deary me" posts aren't needed. It's an open forum and many don't think Danny has gave enough this season considering we have dropped down. If he had he will play every week no doubt. As long as when he has a good game these fans (myself) included give him credit he deserves. So well done keep it up and prove us wrong Danny.

Agreed. By all accounts he put in a good performance today and credit to him for that & his performance against the Huns in the Petrofac & Livi away.

He's got talent no doubt but he has been utterly anonymous in every other game he's played. Let's hope he's not going to dine out on this one for a couple of months & puts in performance no 4 of the season next week.

Thecat23
29-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Agreed. By all accounts he put in a good performance today and credit to him for that & his performance against the Huns in the Petrofac & Livi away.

He's got talent no doubt but he has been utterly anonymous in every other game he's played. Let's hope he's not going to dine out on this one for a couple of months & puts in performance no 4 of the season next week.

Exactly, a good player can do it week in week out. If he starts doing this then the fans will see he's putting a shift in and making things happen and get behind him.

It's good to read though that guys like Danny are getting good comments.

macd123
29-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Exactly, a good player can do it week in week out. If he starts doing this then the fans will see he's putting a shift in and making things happen and get behind him.

It's good to read though that guys like Danny are getting good comments.

Our performances have taken an upturn recently. Not saying because of DH but he is definitely a part of it. It means another player with some skill in midfield and the diamond with him in it seems to be working.

If you include the u20s games, he has shown some consistency this season. He stood out at that level.

H18Y GW
30-11-2014, 04:41 AM
Not a Handling fan at all but if he keeps turning in performances like yesterday , I could be converted.

As someone has previously said , Craig was very good also

Scooter
30-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Don't rate him. Wasnt there today but watching highlights it looked like his poor pass lost possession leading to their goal

B.H.F.C
30-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Thought yesterday summed him up. Nice touches, not particularly effective though. Great chance in the first half after a good one two but didn't even get a shot away.

Scott Allan showed some flashes yesterday but we were playing the part timers of Alloa. Nobody was great. Substantially better than earlier in the season at that place though.

AlbertK86
30-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Thought yesterday summed him up. Nice touches, not particularly effective though. Great chance in the first half after a good one two but didn't even get a shot away. Scott Allan showed some flashes yesterday but we were playing the part timers of Alloa. Nobody was great. Substantially better than earlier in the season at that place though.

Cheer up mate

B.H.F.C
30-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Cheer up mate

Constructive post.

bingo70
30-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Looks like the handling debate is going to take over from the Stevenson one. Any half decent performance is going to get blown out of proportion and he'll have been "great" "superb" "class" etc etc.....

As stated earlier I wasn't there yesterday but I'm pleased if he played well, I'm sceptical if he was as good as some are making out though

Borderhibbie76
30-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Looks like the handling debate is going to take over from the Stevenson one. Any half decent performance is going to get blown out of proportion and he'll have been "great" "superb" "class" etc etc.....

As stated earlier I wasn't there yesterday but I'm pleased if he played well, I'm sceptical if he was as good as some are making out though
Have to admit ive never been a fan of Danny's but he was excellent yesterday... Particularly in 1st half

Stevie Reid
30-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Handling is another youngster who has broken through at a difficult time, with so much bad feeling around the club from the latter part of Fenlon's tenure, through Butcher's disastrous reign, and into the Championship.

He won't have been given a four year contract for nothing, and I've seen enough from him in his better performances to believe that he has the tools to become a fine player for us.

I also believe that he has the right manager to bring him on too, one who will encourage him to express himself, even though he will naturally make mistakes in the process.

It would be nice if he is given similar leeway by the fans, though I do agree that he will need to show more, more regularly.

Brightside
30-11-2014, 01:45 PM

Many on here slate him every week. They also said it was stupid to give him a 4 yr deal. There is no doubt he will have good games and bad games (like every player) but when you get guys on here saying "Well done, only need to wait another 3 months for his next good game" I wish they'd just swallow their bile in their own time.

Thecat23
30-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Many on here slate him every week. They also said it was stupid to give him a 4 yr deal. There is no doubt he will have good games and bad games (like every player) but when you get guys on here saying "Well done, only need to wait another 3 months for his next good game" I wish they'd just swallow their bile in their own time.

Yeah there is no need for those sly comments either. Just get behind him and hope he carries on the form from yesterday. As for the 4 year deal I'm not convinced he deserved that but it's signed now so nothing anyone can do but hope he proves his worth and gives Hibs something back for the faith they have shown in him.

Winston Ingram
01-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Yeah there is no need for those sly comments either. Just get behind him and hope he carries on the form from yesterday. As for the 4 year deal I'm not convinced he deserved that but it's signed now so nothing anyone can do but hope he proves his worth and gives Hibs something back for the faith they have shown in him.

I don't think there would have been 2 much surprise on here if he was given his jotters last summer

Thecat23
01-12-2014, 06:35 PM
I don't think there would have been 2 much surprise on here if he was given his jotters last summer

It defo surprised me and I'd say most on here that he got a 4 year deal! I hope he proves his worth and carries on where he left off from sat.