PDA

View Full Version : Malongas Red Card punishment

Waxy
29-11-2014, 04:41 PM
What will it be? Thought it needs its own thread as no one seems quite sure.

Libby Hibby
29-11-2014, 04:44 PM

If it's violent conduct, I think he'll miss the next game, regardless of competition and the next SC match(if he is on international duty when this occurs then his suspension will be counted and free to play in next round if / when we progress).

If it was not VC then I think he'll just miss the next SC match.

Pretty Boy
29-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Did anyone actually see the incident? Everyone around me seemed mystified as to what happened. The few people who did claim to see it, their stories ranged from a punch to a push.

I'm assuming it was worse than a push as the Alloa player who pushed Handling only minutes before was only booked.

whiskyhibby
29-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Didn't see it, I assume he was away from the Hibs end near the main stand when it happened?

CallumLaidlaw
29-11-2014, 05:49 PM
The radio seemed to think they got tangled and as the Alloa player came away, Malonga kicked out

Blaster
29-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Did anyone actually see the incident? Everyone around me seemed mystified as to what happened. The few people who did claim to see it, their stories ranged from a punch to a push.

I'm assuming it was worse than a push as the Alloa player who pushed Handling only minutes before was only booked.

I noticed seconds before it the boy was tugging at him as he tried to make a run down the wing. Must have lashed out after that

Hibbyradge
29-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Sent off for vicious laziness, I heard.

Billy Whizz
29-11-2014, 06:00 PM
The boy next to me said its the only thing he kicked today, I tend to agree with him

Alfred E Newman
29-11-2014, 06:14 PM

A kick up the arse from Stubbs.

Jonnyboy
29-11-2014, 06:54 PM
I noticed seconds before it the boy was tugging at him as he tried to make a run down the wing. Must have lashed out after that

That's pretty nmuch what happened according to AS

davhibby
29-11-2014, 06:57 PM
They were pulling each others shirts and when the Alloa player let go Malonga had a wee kick at him

Springbank
29-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Might be unimportant but linesman flagged the incident towards the Hibs end (suggesting free kick to Hibs)

CallumLaidlaw
29-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Think we're gonna have to get used to Malonga being "inconsistent". I didn't think he was too bad to be honest, but then he was superb last week

craigmounthibby
29-11-2014, 07:34 PM
The punishment is the same as McGeouch had for his red card in Dingwall. Malonga will be suspended for next Saturday & the next round of the cup in February. Idiot.

hibsbollah
29-11-2014, 10:24 PM
The punishment is the same as McGeouch had for his red card in Dingwall. Malonga will be suspended for next Saturday & the next round of the cup in February. Idiot.

Multiple goal scoring idiot.

hibsbollah
29-11-2014, 10:36 PM
No clear pictures of the Malonga incident.

Gus
29-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Straight red = 3 games, hope I'm wrong

O'Rourke3
29-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Well the cameras really cleared that up plus never mentioned after the highlights. Still not clear wtf happened

#FromTheCapital
29-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Malonga can do whatever he wants to be honest. Mans a legend.

oneone73
29-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Malonga can do whatever he wants to be honest. Mans a legend.

A legend? Seriously??

#FromTheCapital
29-11-2014, 10:57 PM
A legend? Seriously??

:agree:

Don't know what I'd do without Malonga. I love him.

Shrekko
29-11-2014, 11:12 PM
Can't believe anyone is still getting on Malonga's back. Clearly didn't make many telling contributions in terms of goals or assists but his touch was absolutely sublime.

Guy comes to a new country, scoring goals for fun and still some aren't happy. What a joke.

lord bunberry
29-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Straight red = 3 games, hope I'm wrong

I don't think it is

The_Horde
29-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Malonga is brilliaint. His link up play is amazing. He didn't score today but he was a handful!

givescotlandfreedom
29-11-2014, 11:34 PM
He didn't react to the red card so didn't seem to think it was unjust.

iwasthere1972
29-11-2014, 11:40 PM
Well the cameras really cleared that up plus never mentioned after the highlights. Still not clear wtf happened

:agree: Still none the wiser either after watching that.

Wotherspiniesta
29-11-2014, 11:49 PM
I think Stubbs knows that Malonga should have been sent off. He didn't react to the red card at all and it happened right infront of his dugout.

brog
30-11-2014, 10:56 AM
I think Stubbs knows that Malonga should have been sent off. He didn't react to the red card at all and it happened right infront of his dugout.

I'm not sure about that. It looked to me ( on TV Final Score ) as if AS had some serious words with the ref at the final whistle. Madden was grinning then went rather white when AS spoke to him. I wonder if an appeal may be the right way to go, depending on when any hearing would be.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2014, 10:57 AM
I wonder who'll play up front next week?

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 10:59 AM
I wonder who'll play up front next week?

I hope Stubbs has learned from last time Malonga was missing and keeps changes minimal rather than changing the whole system.

Either push Handling up top with Cummings and bring Stanton in or start with Cummings and either Heffernan or Lewis Allan up top.

CallumLaidlaw
30-11-2014, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure about that. It looked to me ( on TV Final Score ) as if AS had some serious words with the ref at the final whistle. Madden was grinning then went rather white when AS spoke to him. I wonder if an appeal may be the right way to go, depending on when any hearing would be.

I wonder how any appeal would work, considering there seems to be no conclusive images of what happened.

jacomo
30-11-2014, 11:08 AM
I hope Stubbs has learned from last time Malonga was missing and keeps changes minimal rather than changing the whole system.

Either push Handling up top with Cummings and bring Stanton in or start with Cummings and either Heffernan or Lewis Allan up top.

Now confidence and form have improved, and the team is creating more, I really hope Heff can make a positive contribution to our season. He was still able to do the business 12 months ago in the top flight. Has he really lost that ability? He's an intelligent player and should be able to step in for Malonga.

Here's hoping.

whiskyhibby
30-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Now confidence and form have improved, and the team is creating more, I really hope Heff can make a positive contribution to our season. He was still able to do the business 12 months ago in the top flight. Has he really lost that ability? He's an intelligent player and should be able to step in for Malonga.

Here's hoping.

I hope so, he hasn't shown much so far, but then he really hasn't been given an opportunity

happiehibbie
30-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Q one man up front next week at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverhibee
30-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Malonga is brilliaint. His link up play is amazing. He didn't score today but he was a handful!

Nice hair do you were sporting yesterday.:greengrin

silverhibee
30-11-2014, 12:43 PM

He kicked out at the player, it was a red card, the linesman on the gazeebo side put his flag up, neither Malonga or Stubbs complained at the time, looked like they both new it was a red card.

green day
30-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Just saw DM on meadows with missus and kid. Big lad in the flesh.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-11-2014, 12:49 PM

Atleast we'll have big El Alla back for Feb :greengrin

oconnors_strip
30-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Q one man up front next week at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are away from home next week :wink:

Think it will be one up front

Hermit Crab
30-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Malonga didn't protest the decision, maybe an admission of guilt?

Hibeesmad
30-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Just saw DM on meadows with missus and kid. Big lad in the flesh.

He must stay up that way, I saw him getting a taxi in his hibs gear early in the morning near George Heriots about a month ago

MWHIBBIES
30-11-2014, 07:50 PM
He didn't react to the red card so didn't seem to think it was unjust.Maybe just knows that moaning about it changes absolutely nothing.

silverhibee
30-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Maybe just knows that moaning about it changes absolutely nothing.

Correct, if you kick out at another player and get caught and the ref gives you a red for it then what's the point in moaning about it.

MWHIBBIES
30-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Correct, if you kick out at another player and get caught and the ref gives you a red for it then what's the point in moaning about it.Even if it is an injustice he isn't just gonna change his mind because you give him a piece of yours

silverhibee
30-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Even if it is an injustice he isn't just gonna change his mind because you give him a piece of yours

Exactly.

eastcoasthibby
30-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Malonga didn't protest the decision, maybe an admission of guilt?
We saw Malonga walk towards the ref indicating that his shirt had been pulled.. Guy behind with a better view said he saw Malonga being pulled "'half way' across the pitch" by the shirt before reacting (but did not elaborate on how he reacted!).

Gmack7
30-11-2014, 09:11 PM
if we get a really good draw tomorrow i don't think there will be any appeal

Bronson
01-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Hibs twitter confirmed 2 game ban, misses Falkirk on Saturday and whoever we get in the next round of the cup. Not ideal but not the end of the world either.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Hibs twitter confirmed 2 game ban, misses Falkirk on Saturday and whoever we get in the next round of the cup. Not ideal but not the end of the world either.

It's far from ideal, hope Hibs heavily fine him for his stupidity

Wilson
01-12-2014, 11:49 AM

DM was obviously frustrated.

While he is seen as our main goal threat though he will have to get used to getting 'the treatment' very quickly.

Probably more so now that defenders up and down the country will know that a bit of needle can provoke a reaction.

I hope this is made clear to him - if it isn't already. Rather that than just throw a fine at the problem.

Bronson
01-12-2014, 11:51 AM

Agree it was incredibly stupid, however bear in mind there's a good chance he'd miss the next round of the cup anyway due to the African Cup of Nations. When he's away, his ban is counted and he'll be free to play in the next round should we progress I understand. Also, El Alagui should be back by then hopefully.

I'm more concerned that he's missing Falkirk on Saturday, tough game as it is without losing your main goalscorer.

PeterboroHibee
01-12-2014, 11:51 AM

Although it could be worse, its also completely unnecessary for him to have a two game suspension. Hes an important player for us, particularly with El Alagui out, and needs to keep his head in that situation!

Billy Whizz
01-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Agree it was incredibly stupid, however bear in mind there's a good chance he'd miss the next round of the cup anyway due to the African Cup of Nations. When he's away, his ban is counted and he'll be free to play in the next round should we progress I understand. Also, El Alagui should be back by then hopefully.

I'm more concerned that he's missing Falkirk on Saturday, tough game as it is without losing your main goalscorer.

It could also have cost us the game on Saturday

brog
01-12-2014, 12:52 PM
He kicked out at the player, it was a red card, the linesman on the gazeebo side put his flag up, neither Malonga or Stubbs complained at the time, looked like they both new it was a red card.

Did you see it Silver or are you just commenting on what was said? Genuine question because I haven't as yet seen a comment on here from anyone who actually saw it. Conversely from media reports it was a push, a punch or a kick! As I said earlier AS was definitely not pleased with Madden at final whistle but that may have been because DM was the only person punished.

weecounty hibby
01-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Media report said it was brought to refs attention by the 4th official. Is that allowed and if so why not use him to view incidents on tv replays where necessary. Looks like he was the only person at the game who saw anything

truehibernian
01-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Having seen the mess Heffernan made of his last opportunity to 'impress' then I can see Lewis Allan getting his debut v Falkirk - used to artificial surfaces too so could be an ideal chance for the lad :aok: strong lad, ideal foil for Cummings (who needs to step up his game by the way).

Viva_Palmeiras
01-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Having seen the mess Heffernan made of his last opportunity to 'impress' then I can see Lewis Allan getting his debut v Falkirk - used to artificial surfaces too so could be an ideal chance for the lad :aok: strong lad, ideal foil for Cummings (who needs to step up his game by the way).

However not the view of AS it would appear from his post match comments ...?

But it baffled by Heff - yet another proven goal scorer who didn't quite manage it at Hibs - looks like the opposition box became the Bermuda triangle for many... JJ, Collins, Gow...

Iggy Pope
01-12-2014, 04:28 PM
[/B]

But it baffled by Heff - yet another proven goal scorer who didn't quite manage it at Hibs - looks like the opposition box became the Bermuda triangle for many... JJ, Collins, Gow...

Might be Alan Stubbs talking his players up, defending them maybe, but on Saturday, Jason Cummings was miles off the pace. No lack of running, but....punchless, and has been for a wee while now. The request to to up his game seems like fair comment to me.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2014, 04:59 PM

Under 20's are playing in the scottish youth cup on Sunday. Lewis will play in this, can you see Stubbs playing him Saturday and Sunday?
Also maybe need to find a replacement for Liam Craig on Saturday as well. Squad now starting to get really stretched

oneone73
01-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Under 20's are playing in the scottish youth cup on Sunday. Lewis will play in this, can you see Stubbs playing him Saturday and Sunday?
Also maybe need to find a replacement for Liam Craig on Saturday as well. Squad now starting to get really stretched

Stanton for Craig I'd guess. And why can't Allan play Saturday but not Sunday?

Andy74
01-12-2014, 05:04 PM
[/B]

Heff has hardly played and missed preseason. Not easy coming on for a few minutes and trying to take your one chance at goal.

I would play him from the start next week.

bingo70
01-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Heff has hardly played and missed preseason. Not easy coming on for a few minutes and trying to take your one chance at goal.

I would play him from the start next week.

Whenever he has played it has been up front himself as well, that's not what he's good at.

I'd have no problems with heff starting as long as it was with someone else up front.

Would be good for the young guy to get his chance but I'd rather ease him in when we're a couple of goals up in a game rather than starting with him.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2014, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=oneone73;4238869]Stanton for Craig I'd guess. And why can't Allan play Saturday but not Sunday?[/QUOTE

I didn't say he couldnt play Sunday, just should he play both days?
Depends what Stubbs thinks is Lewis's priority, playing for the 1st team or helping the development team getting through on Sunday!

Andy74
01-12-2014, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=oneone73;4238869]Stanton for Craig I'd guess. And why can't Allan play Saturday but not Sunday?[/QUOTE

Depends what Stubbs thinks is Lewis's priority, playing for the 1st team or helping the development team getting through on Sunday!

Priority would always be the first team. The other team's only exist for the first team to be successful.

bingo70
01-12-2014, 05:33 PM

There shouldn't be any question about that.

Its nice for the young team to do well but the most important thing is for the young players to break into the first team. If Allan was to come into the first team and contribute to a win then the development team could lose a hundred nil for all I'd care, I'm sure Stubbs would feel the same.

AlbertK86
01-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Under 20's are playing in the scottish youth cup on Sunday. Lewis will play in this, can you see Stubbs playing him Saturday and Sunday? Also maybe need to find a replacement for Liam Craig on Saturday as well. Squad now starting to get really stretched

Is Craig injured or suspended that we need replacement ?

woodythehibee
01-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Is Craig injured or suspended that we need replacement ?
He got taken off injured on sat.