PDA

View Full Version : Question Should The New Fans Reps Be Allowed To Post on Social Media?

FranckSuzy
29-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this? I feel that transparency is of the utmost importance so, if elected, those who already post on here should create a new account and only post on club matters using that.

The last thing any of us need is for 'unofficial' spokespeople making comments on all things Hibs but no-one knowing whether it's just their personal opinion or the party line.

Eyrie
29-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Presumably they'd have to stop using their own account, or else make it clear (eg in their signature) that they are a fans representative and thus anything that they say should be regarded in that light.

Poses an interesting dilemma when they want to vent about a poor performance but run the risk of being seen to be criticising the manager and players from a position of authority when they do.

Carheenlea
29-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Don`t see why not. There will be confidentiality clauses with regards to some aspects of board meetings, but they should be free to post independently on any matters like the rest of us.
The role of a supporters representative is to provide a voice for the support on any matters that concern them, even if said supporters representative disagrees with those concerns. It is certainly not a position to purely express his or her personal views.

Andy74
29-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Their role will be a board director, same as the rest of them. I would think it would be pretty unwise to continue posting personal opinion when in that role.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Yes Seems one simple solution is to have a separate account one they can potentially restrict to their known followers and another for the club.

In case of doubt potential candidates will surely need to consider what they have poster in a previous life fair game for fans, wind-up merchants and journos... Those virtual skeletons in the closet be it an unguarded comment about another poster, ripping into the yams, referring to the OF in non-PC terms. (Perhaps a sad) reality of where we are with anti-social media these days...

Jack
29-11-2014, 02:06 PM
How do we know current, or indeed previous, directors and staff don't post?

I know one is an avid reader here and the Bounce although he, or she, denies posting!

You know who you are. Make sure I get a chocolate biscuit at the AGM or I'll out you ;-)

SunshineOnLeith
29-11-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm Rod Petrie.

DAVE1875
29-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Presumably they'd have to stop using their own account, or else make it clear (eg in their signature) that they are a fans representative and thus anything that they say should be regarded in that light.

Poses an interesting dilemma when they want to vent about a poor performance but run the risk of being seen to be criticising the manager and players from a position of authority when they do.

Just give them a new account with the name "Anonymous Fan Board Member #1". They can then post appropriate stuff with that account and vent with their personal account. Would be interesting if we somehow managed to try and set up an argument between the two :tee hee:

eezyrider
29-11-2014, 02:40 PM
No, I'm Rod Petrie.

EZ

Keith_M
29-11-2014, 03:01 PM
The question related to Social Media in general.

I personally would stop everyone at the Club: Players, Managers and Directors, from posting on Twitter and similar Media. There's just too many opportunities for it all to go wrong.

However, if they wanted to post their personal thoughts on here, under an anonymous Username (as long as nobody knows it's the Fans Rep), then I think that would be OK.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-11-2014, 03:13 PM
The question related to Social Media in general.

I personally would stop everyone at the Club: Players, Managers and Directors, from posting on Twitter and similar Media. There's just too many opportunities for it all to go wrong.

However, if they wanted to post their personal thoughts on here, under an anonymous Username (as long as nobody knows it's the Fans Rep), then I think that would be OK.

Like agentScotland ? No thanks.

Scouse Hibee
29-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Though not employees of the club in my opinion they should be subject to the same terms regarding social media that many employers insist on.

Billy Whizz
29-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Though not employees of the club in my opinion they should be subject to the same terms regarding social media that many employers insist on.

We'd miss Blackpool Hibs if that was the case

Scouse Hibee
29-11-2014, 09:01 PM
We'd miss Blackpool Hibs if that was the case
Would we though!

whiskyhibby
29-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Transparency is high on the list of deliverables, so yes they should be allowed to post on social media

:flag::na na:

FranckSuzy
29-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Yes Seems one simple solution is to have a separate account one they can potentially restrict to their known followers and another for the club.

In case of doubt potential candidates will surely need to consider what they have poster in a previous life fair game for fans, wind-up merchants and journos... Those virtual skeletons in the closet be it an unguarded comment about another poster, ripping into the yams, referring to the OF in non-PC terms. (Perhaps a sad) reality of where we are with anti-social media these days...

Very good point :aok:

Gerard
29-11-2014, 09:55 PM
As I see it there is the executive director and non executive director on the Hibs BODs. I think that all forms of media need to be used to spread information from our club.:wink::thumbsup:

silverhibee
29-11-2014, 10:05 PM
I will still use my same username. :greengrin

FranckSuzy
29-11-2014, 10:28 PM
As I see it there is the executive director and non executive director on the Hibs BODs. I think that all forms of media need to be used to spread information from our club.:wink::thumbsup:

Not sure if this is a whoosh moment or not, G but I am specifically referring to the new fans reps :aok:

jacomo
30-11-2014, 11:27 AM
They will be bound by the collective responsibility of the Board, and will have access to confidential information that shouldn't be in the public domain, but I think any fans' rep should continue to use social media if they wish to.

If a Hibs.net member is elected, I hope they continue to post under their existing username but declare their new role. We would all know where they are coming from. I think this would aid transparency and trust.

They will probably have to to prepare for a flood of PMs etc asking for privileged info, but that will just go with the territory. Any new appointment needs to find enough time to do the role properly.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Obviously any new board member would be bound by the same confidentiality rules as current board members. Should that prevent them posting opinion or comment on here or elsewhere? I wouldn't say so.

There would have to be a level of honesty though and I think it would only be right that any change in position was declared. Lately there have been people posting 'unofficially' but championing causes, from the club and otherwise, and that should be a no go imo.

FranckSuzy
30-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Obviously any new board member would be bound by the same confidentiality rules as current board members. Should that prevent them posting opinion or comment on here or elsewhere? I wouldn't say so.

There would have to be a level of honesty though and I think it would only be right that any change in position was declared. Lately there have been people posting 'unofficially' but championing causes, from the club and otherwise, and that should be a no go imo.

Totally agree. Since the club have pretty much neglected to use their a/c on here, IMHO it's quite sly that there appears to be some posters who are doing their bidding for them. Any vested interest should be declared so all communication is open and honest.

oconnors_strip
30-11-2014, 03:48 PM
I sometimes think that a handful of current users are actual hibs employees because of the way and info they post. Personally I don't think the fans reps should be allowed to post on here or the bounce unless stating it's their personal opinion and not of clubs.

As others have stated we need open and honest communication from the club.

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2014, 03:54 PM
The day i start my new position at the club my posts on here will cease, unless i'm banned first.

silverhibee
30-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Totally agree. Since the club have pretty much neglected to use their a/c on here, IMHO it's quite sly that there appears to be some posters who are doing their bidding for them. Any vested interest should be declared so all communication is open and honest.

:agree::agree:

I sometimes think that a handful of current users are actual hibs employees because of the way and info they post. Personally I don't think the fans reps should be allowed to post on here or the bounce unless stating it's their personal opinion and not of clubs.

As others have stated we need open and honest communication from the club.

:agree::agree:

Gerard
30-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Not sure if this is a whoosh moment or not, G but I am specifically referring to the new fans reps :aok:

Dear FS the new fans reps will have the same legal position as the other non execs on the board. I think that their remit will be one where they will be making contact with the fans and the new media is one way in which that can happen. The content of the communication will be limited by their positions as non exces directors. It will be interesting to see what happens when these execs are in place on the Hibs BODs.:wink:

FranckSuzy
30-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Dear FS the new fans reps will have the same legal position as the other non execs on the board. I think that their remit will be one where they will be making contact with the fans and the new media is one way in which that can happen. The content of the communication will be limited by their positions as non exces directors. It will be interesting to see what happens when these execs are in place on the Hibs BODs.:wink:

Dear G

Thank you for the information but again, I am asking if someone who already posts on here is lucky (?) enough to become one of the fans reps, would it be correct for them to post under their current username or should they register again, clearly stating their new position so everyone is clear of their remit?

:wink:

Pretty Boy
30-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Dear G

Thank you for the information but again, I am asking if someone who already posts on here is lucky (?) enough to become one of the fans reps, would it be correct for them to post under their current username or should they register again, clearly stating their new position so everyone is clear of their remit?

:faf:

Gerard
30-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Dear G

Interesting question. The person who has a registration could make clear that when they post they are doing so in their capacity as an Non-Executive director of the Hibs board. They could create a new registration with their name and official office of NED Hibs:greengrin. I am sure that this issue will be resolved.

FranckSuzy
30-11-2014, 11:39 PM
The day i start my new position at the club my posts on here will cease, unless i'm banned first.

You're quiet today, BH..... :hmmm: :tee hee:

FranckSuzy
30-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Interesting question. The person who has a registration could make clear that when they post they are doing so in their capacity as an Non-Executive director of the Hibs board. They could create a new registration with their name and official office of NED Hibs:greengrin. I am sure that this issue will be resolved.

Gerard
01-12-2014, 12:14 AM

:top marks