PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Hibees in Christchurch

spike220
29-11-2014, 08:57 AM
I am moving to Christchurch next week are there any Hibees there?

WellingtonHibby
29-11-2014, 09:29 AM
I am moving to Christchurch next week are here any Hibees there?

Fair few of us in Wellington...

Mr White
29-11-2014, 09:40 AM

I lived in chch for over a year 9 years ago. Played a season of football for ferrymead bays and met a load of English guys through that but no fans of hibs or even any other scottish teams.
I did however work with a maouri guy who when I told him I was a hibby from edinburgh started laughing and told me that for years him and his mates all played for a 5 aside team named the Hibees. When it started there was a guy from Edinburgh who insisted on naming the side and made sure that they wore green tops. Made me chuckle thinking of these massive guys wearing hibs tops. That's right bro, we're the hibees :greengrin

Sorry I know thats of absolutely no use to you whatsoever but have a great time there I loved it though I suspect it's quite different now since the quake.

zero-seven
29-11-2014, 09:45 AM

lived there for nine years and would still b there if it weren't for the quakes , great place and people will move back as i now class it as home

tamig
29-11-2014, 09:47 AM

I know a Jambo who's been there a number of years now. Sorry that doesn't really answer your question though.

FranckSuzy
29-11-2014, 11:13 AM

Maybe ask on the 'Australia and NZ Hibs supporters club' page on Facebook, as there's a fair few that post on there :aok:

whiskyhibby
29-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Been there many times with work, a fantastic place and lovely people , reminds me of the UK in the 1950s

sbell1875
29-11-2014, 06:08 PM
My girlfriend's uncle is a Hibee and lives in Christchurch.

His brother is a Hearts fan but apparently had nothing to do with him emigrating!

The Harp Awakes
29-11-2014, 06:38 PM

My cousin and her husband are Hibbies and are Christchurch born and bred. My uncle was originally from Leith.