PDA

View Full Version : unofficial Scottish cup thread alloa v hibs

Squealing pig
29-11-2014, 06:04 AM
Up since the crack of dawn , mixed emotions but think we should progress and keep the unbeaten run going . What's everyone wearing? Weather? And travel plans etc.

Winter wonderland for me with 5 kids hoping for recreation park to be winter wonderland though

Thecat23
29-11-2014, 06:13 AM
Like yourself winter wonderland for me today as well I think. Would love to see us go through but I honestly wouldn't be to gutted like other years if we went out. Promotion is a must!

If we reached the semi's then I'd want to go on and win it if that makes sense?

Good luck boys, promotion and a Scottish cup win will do nicely 😉

Future17
29-11-2014, 07:19 AM
And the one - sided love affair begins again...

Albanian Hibs
29-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Getting the 12.03 through. Been up since ridiculous o'clock due to our neighbour falling asleep with his tv on 😦

Pretty Boy
29-11-2014, 07:29 AM
I done winter wonderland last night, it's a Clackmannan wonderland for me today. Hopefully to see that rarest of things, a comfortable Hibs victory. No drama, no heart in mouth spell just a nice passage to the next round in cruise control.

Looking forward to another pie roll with plenty brown sauce and a decent day out at a nice, traditional ground.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-11-2014, 07:32 AM
The Star Inn was full of Jambos before the league game, hopefully its different today since they aint playing. Through there for back of 11. I believe Alloa have an injury or two so I'm quietly confident.

Hermit Crab
29-11-2014, 07:34 AM
Been up since 7 as she's away to Newcastle with the Bairns shopping. Might as well get up and get fed and watered. Hoping for a nice day out with plenty goals and a Hibs wins followed by the consumption of alcoholic beverages to round the day off.

kentao
29-11-2014, 07:34 AM
Feeling confident today,

We are a completely different team from the one that struggled earlier in the year we`ve got a cracking run going on the road and cant see us losing this one. Don't let us down Hibs

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
29-11-2014, 07:35 AM
The Star Inn was full of Jambos before the league game, hopefully its different today since they aint playing. Through there for back of 11. I believe Alloa have an injury or two so I'm quietly confident.

Who? Is that Buchanan boy injured?

matty_f
29-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Hoping Hibs make it 6 away wins on the bounce with another confidence building victory.

Really hope we progress as far as possible in the cup, I'm not someone who thinks it's a distraction from the league, we should manage to compete on both fronts.

GlasgowHibee
29-11-2014, 07:55 AM
1-0, a late goal from Liam Craig.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Who? Is that Buchanan boy injured?

Nah, he wasnae one of them. According to BBC they are missing 5 or 6, Marr, Holmes, Weatherston, Flannigan out, Tiffoney and Simmons major doubts.

Bostonhibby
29-11-2014, 08:00 AM
Confident today, think its about how we manage the pitch, wondering if it might suit Malonga?

3-1 Hibs.

scoopyboy
29-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Like yourself winter wonderland for me today as well I think. Would love to see us go through but I honestly wouldn't be to gutted like other years if we went out. Promotion is a must!

If we reached the semi's then I'd want to go on and win it if that makes sense?

Good luck boys, promotion and a Scottish cup win will do nicely 

Should we get put out by Alloa it doesn't guarantee promotion however.

For that reason alone I as always want us to win.

JimBHibees
29-11-2014, 08:15 AM
Hoping Hibs make it 6 away wins on the bounce with another confidence building victory.

Really hope we progress as far as possible in the cup, I'm not someone who thinks it's a distraction from the league, we should manage to compete on both fronts.

Agree we are not playing in 4 different tournaments. Cup is a welcome distraction and a potential money spinner also. The draw has meant loads of top league teams are going out as well so big opportunity to go far as long as we do the business.

Ronniekirk
29-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Confident today, think its about how we manage the pitch, wondering if it might suit Malonga?

3-1 Hibs.

The bit about how we manage the Pitch is key ,but this is a different team from last one that played there and it's the Cup .i went with a comfortable win last week with Allan and Malonga to score but didn't see the Hatrick coming .
Gutted am not there don't miss many scottish cup games but down in Arran .

think Cummings will score today and stanton if given decent run out .Malonga will make this his Tournament so looks like I am agreeing with you 3. 1 Or possibly 4. 2 But again Scott Allan needs to drive us on

And no injuries please we really can't afford any more

SteveHFC
29-11-2014, 08:51 AM
A bit warm today. So anyone wearing speedo's will be fine :greengrin

frazeHFC
29-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Nice comfortable win would be ideal! Hate missing away cup games but hopefully walk into the next round for another trip somewhere!

Billy Whizz
29-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Wonder if we'll risk Oxley on the poor surface today?

Pretty Boy
29-11-2014, 09:14 AM

Got to say I wouldn't be overly fussed either way. He didn't look fully fit last week and I'd rather have a fully fit Perntreou than a half fit Oxley.

O'Rourke3
29-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Hoping for a comfortable win but this is Hibs in the cup so will probably have to settle for an uncomfortable win. My first trip to Alloa though so hoping to get a pie on a roll.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Getting the 12.03 through. Been up since ridiculous o'clock due to our neighbour falling asleep with his tv on 😦

How'd you ken he fell asleep ?

Albanian Hibs
29-11-2014, 09:40 AM
How'd you ken he fell asleep ?

Haha well that or he is lying deid.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Haha well that or he is lying deid.

Lets hope its the first bit then :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Quite a decent early raiding party in the Alloa 'Spoons!

Keith_M
29-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Could we please have SilverHibee start the official thread today.

He started last week's and look how that went.

:thumbsup:

HH81
29-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Was going to drive up this morning but something came up.

Fancy a 2-0 win today.

HibbyKeith
29-11-2014, 10:44 AM

According to his Hibstv interview yesterday, He's trained all week and his back is fine now Billy.

silverhibee
29-11-2014, 10:47 AM

Not if he is still having problems with his back.

Alfred E Newman
29-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Could we please have SilverHibee start the official thread today.

He started last week's and look how that went.

:thumbsup:

Closed for some reason:dunno:

Off the bar
29-11-2014, 01:03 PM
anyone know if there is a dedicated radio comentary of the game anywhere or is it just open all ********s?

cheers

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Was going to drive up this morning but something came up.

Fancy a 2-0 win today.

Ya dirty wee bugger.