PDA

View Full Version : Best team play against the huns this season?

hibs0666
27-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Not the blooded-turders, according to McCoist, but the Hibees. :na na:

Always said he knows the game. :whistle:

Cod Boy
27-11-2014, 01:46 PM
The Rangers are rubbish it aint a big scalp beating them these days.

Smartie
27-11-2014, 01:57 PM
We've taken them on twice and tried to play football, beating them once and losing the other mainly because of the red card for Handling in that game. I'm not surprised he's been impressed by us in our games against them because that's when we've arguably been at our best.

A lot of teams will come up against them and just park the bus, maybe scabbing the odd point against them. Hearts were doing this until the sending-off totally changed their game. They were doing well until that happened.

If he'd seen us against Alloa or QotS away or at home to Dumbarton or Raith in the league (amongst others) or maybe the second half of pretty much every game we've played this season then he'd probably have a different opinion.

Diclonius
27-11-2014, 02:09 PM
I would feel more comfortable playing against Rangers in the playoff than against Hearts. I really think we would be in with at least a 50/50 chance of going through to face the Premiership loser.

Mathias Jack
27-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Me too, there's nothing to fear against that mob. There aren't many players i'd take from them either....

Can't wait to play the Orcs at Easter Road next month, they are in a word...humpty :agree:

Keith_M
27-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Is it really a compliment to be lauded by McCoist?

:wink:

matty_f
27-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Not the blooded-turders, according to McCoist, but the Hibees. :na na:

Always said he knows the game. :whistle:

Sure Kenny Miller said much the same before we played them last as well.

I know it sounds ridiculous given how far off the league leaders we are, but I genuinely believe we are as good as, if not better than, any team in this league.

It took us a while to get going, but I can only see us getting better as the season progresses. There has been nothing between us and the Yams when we've played them, in fact I'd say we played better against them when we lost than they did against us when we drew. We've already shown we can beat Rangers, and although Queen of the South have won one, drawn one with us, the last game at Easter Road was as negative a display as I can remember from a visiting side. We were by far and away the dominant team.

We've not won games we could/should have, and that's cost us. If there's one team likely to finish the season strongly though, it's us - the issue is that the gap between us and first is already too big (IMHO), although we should definitely have designs on second place.

Smartie
27-11-2014, 02:38 PM
I still think McCoist is their achilles heel though (that and the fact that the fans have all but given up on him). If he's still around then it would be easy to turn them on him and I'd prefer to face them under those circumstances.

If they (miraculously) improved their finances, punted McCoist and got someone in that knew what they were doing then The Rangers could be very dangerous. I still think they've got the best players.

I've seen nothing of the paedos so far to suggest that they are something to be scared of. Ok, they've done well at batting off the wee teams so far but they've edged us out in an even game over there and relied on a last minute wondergoal to get a point off us at ER the last time.

Doing them in the playoffs would make up for a lot of disappointments over the years IMO.

TheHarpy76
27-11-2014, 03:36 PM
While it's nice to hear, mcCoists mind games are absolutely woeful.
I fancy us to take another 3 points from them when we play.

Bronson
27-11-2014, 04:06 PM
We are a better team than them and we will beat them. We'll also beat them in the play-offs after finishing above them, consigning them to another season in the lower divisions, thus planting the final nail in their second coffin.

Best part is, that's not even some fanatical dream, that is a genuine possibility and my christ it is stauner material.

3pm
27-11-2014, 04:07 PM
I know it sounds ridiculous given how far off the league leaders we are, but I genuinely believe we are as good as, if not better than, any team in this league.

We were defo playing catch up, of that there is no doubt.

When you look at the EH11 filth, they had time to put a team together. Some good signings (pains me to say that) through the core of the side, particularly Gomis and Alexander.

We struggled initially and were still bringing in signings after deadline day. Scott Allan is the best man in the league but he wasn't fit. These dicks also went down having a party while we were on our knees. That shouldn't be forgotten.

However, I am not sure we can claim to be the best team at the moment. We look better going forward when we get space. We are poor defending as a team.

They have the edge in that respect.

We will get better but I am not sure we can claim to be the best team as much as I'd live to be. Once we start regularly putting 2&3 past the 'lesser' teams at home then we can gauge who is the best team (albeit it may be too late for a meaningful debate).

All IMO of course.

Sir David Gray
27-11-2014, 04:23 PM

It took us a while to get going, but I can only see us getting better as the season progresses. There has been nothing between us and the Yams when we've played them, in fact I'd say we played better against them when we lost than they did against us when we drew. We've already shown we can beat Rangers, and although Queen of the South have won one, drawn one with us, the last game at Easter Road was as negative a display as I can remember from a visiting side. We were by far and away the dominant team.

We've not won games we could/should have, and that's cost us. If there's one team likely to finish the season strongly though, it's us - the issue is that the gap between us and first is already too big (IMHO), although we should definitely have designs on second place.

Not quite but we are certainly improving.

Our home record needs to improve before we can claim to be the best side in the league.

emerald green
27-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Super A******* is just getting his excuses in early before Hibs hump them at ER at Christmas time. This is always assuming we get a fair crack of the whip from the referee and his assistants.

That's the bit which always worries me. We could play them off the park and get shafted by the officials. It's happened lots of times before. It happened at Greyskull earlier in the season.

frazeHFC
27-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Really looking forward to 'welcoming' them to Easter Road. Hopefully close the gap on them before then too.

skipster7
28-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Super A******* is just getting his excuses in early before Hibs hump them at ER at Christmas time. This is always assuming we get a fair crack of the whip from the referee and his assistants.

That's the bit which always worries me. We could play them off the park and get shafted by the officials. It's happened lots of times before. It happened at Greyskull earlier in the season.
Not really , we've only played them twice ;-)

Kaff
28-11-2014, 11:41 PM

I said a little while ago that AS had brought his EPL 'conditioning' experience with him and it was taking time to affect Allan etc. At the same time Hearts have been bragging about triple training sessions, to my untrained eye we're on the right track (ok they're too far ahead) and i'm convinced they will tire as the season unfolds.
I would definitely prefer to finish a season strong than flagging hoping to get over the line, ask Hamilton i suppose?