PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Hibs

PatHead
27-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Did anyone get a letter from Hibs thanking them for renewing their season ticket last year?

Bill Milne
27-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Yes, I did, though it was, effectively, a promo letter for the half season ticket.

erin go bragh
27-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes . Recieved mine yesterday . Nice touch by LD .

Ggtth

bobbyhibs1983
27-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Yes, I did, though it was, effectively, a promo letter for the half season ticket.

this is what i thought it was, Being a current full season ticket holder buying a half season ticket did not appeal to me and sadly a quick look at the letter and it was binned

JimBHibees
27-11-2014, 09:34 AM
this is what i thought it was, Being a current full season ticket holder buying a half season ticket did not appeal to me and sadly a quick look at the letter and it was binned

It was more of a try and encourage a lapsed fan to consider a half season while at the same time thanking existing ST's for support. Thought it was good.

marinello59
27-11-2014, 09:50 AM
It was more of a try and encourage a lapsed fan to consider a half season while at the same time thanking existing ST's for support. Thought it was good.

:agree:

Pretty Boy
27-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Whilst it was a nice touch, is it a new thing?

I'm sure I've had similar letters in the past about this time.

erin go bragh
27-11-2014, 10:09 AM

It did mention that the half season wouldnt be of any good but if you could pass it on to a lapsed family member or friend .

Ggtth

SaulGoodman
27-11-2014, 10:09 AM
I didn't get that, I did however just have my season ticket cancelled because I couldn't afford the extra £200 and odd to get it upgraded to an adult, which is a bit gutting :(

erin go bragh
27-11-2014, 10:13 AM
I didn't get that, I did however just have my season ticket cancelled because I couldn't afford the extra £200 and odd to get it upgraded to an adult, which is a bit gutting :(

Thats crap . Im guessing you have turned 18 Meh .
You would think your concession season ticket would last all season .

Ggtth

PatHead
27-11-2014, 10:49 AM
It was an attempt to engage with ALL Hibs supporters. A number of supporters still do not use the internet or follow Hibs.net, the Bounce or the Official site and are unaware of initiatives or feel ignored.

This was an attempt to address this following feedback from supporters. If you like an effort to improve communication.

marinello59
27-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Thats crap . Im guessing you have turned 18 Meh .
You would think your concession season ticket would last all season .

Ggtth

I think concession tickets do last all season as long as you were entitled to it when it was first bought.

Brightside
27-11-2014, 11:23 AM
They also mentioned supporting community football at all ages. Wonder what shape that will take.

JimBHibees
27-11-2014, 11:27 AM
I think concession tickets do last all season as long as you were entitled to it when it was first bought.

I would be surprised if that wasnt the case as would be an admin nightmare especially with kids involved.

One thing I dont really like about the season ticket is the differentiation between kids and youths as effectively quite a substantial increase for adults when kids turn 12. Dont see why they are treated differently just because they turn 12.

Hibs Class
27-11-2014, 11:30 AM

That was my experience a year or two back, if it's an age-based concession. But if your concession is student then I think they allowed until c.Nov to provide proof of student status for this academic year, as the proof at time of purchase would have been last year's details.

PatHead
27-11-2014, 11:31 AM

Did you drop out of uni/college and weren't allowed to keep the student discount? That is the only circumstance I can think of when a ticket is usually cancelled or increased.

bobbyhibs1983
27-11-2014, 11:33 AM
It did mention that the half season wouldnt be of any good but if you could pass it on to a lapsed family member or friend .

Ggtth

in our household we have 3 lapsed family members and well if hibs offered them half season tickets for £10 each they d still would not be intrested.

I can see why hibs have tried to do this but i feel for a majority(weather it is 10-50% or whatever figure you put on it) of lapsed fans whatever you do wont win them back.

WeeRussell
27-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Did you drop out of uni/college and weren't allowed to keep the student discount? That is the only circumstance I can think of when a ticket is usually cancelled or increased.

Even then, they would have no way of knowing and you wouldn't lose your student ID :confused:

PatHead
27-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Even then, they would have no way of knowing and you wouldn't lose your student ID :confused:

You have to hand a current proof for this year in about now. If not you lose your discount or the ticket is cancelled.

silverhibee
27-11-2014, 11:43 AM

Really, take it you were 17 when you bought your ST and have now turned 18, if that's the case your ST should see you through the whole season and not up until you turn 18, you should be emailing the club about this.

SaulGoodman
27-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Can't multi quote on my phone.

Sorry wasn't very clear, wasn't because I turned 18 it was because I finished uni in the summer so I didn't get a new student card.

Not blaming the club one bit, just a bit gutted because I assumed if you were a student when you bought the card it would last all season. And there's no way I can afford upwards of £200 especially this close to Christmas :greengrin

ronaldo7
27-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Whilst it was a nice touch, is it a new thing?

I'm sure I've had similar letters in the past about this time.

I've had similar letters from Petrie in the past. This one saved money because it was printed on both sides of a single page:wink:

oconnors_strip
27-11-2014, 12:59 PM
The letter talked about fan reps still open for nominations........ Bit late considering it shut on Friday!

lucky
27-11-2014, 01:10 PM
I just binned it, I thought it was just advertising half seasons which is no good if you already have a season ticket

ekhibee
27-11-2014, 02:28 PM
I just binned it, I thought it was just advertising half seasons which is no good if you already have a season ticket
That's what I thought as well. If she was thanking the fans, good on her, but the way the stuff was laid out was definitely guiding you towards buying a half season ticket, and I already have a full one.

Sir David Gray
27-11-2014, 04:19 PM
That's what I thought as well. If she was thanking the fans, good on her, but the way the stuff was laid out was definitely guiding you towards buying a half season ticket, and I already have a full one.

The letters are personalised, depending on whether or not you're a season ticket holder.

As a season ticket holder, my letter acknowledges that I have a season ticket and thanks me for that. It finishes off by asking me to encourage any friends or family who are lapsed season ticket holders to purchase a half season ticket.

My brother, who didn't renew his season ticket this year, is asked to purchase a half season ticket.

The only thing on the letter which didn't make sense was regarding electing a fan rep to the board. The deadline ended several days ago and yet it refers to asking you to put forward nominations.

Mikey
27-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Here's what was sent........

Mikey
27-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Meanwhile, on the leaflet, the guy in the bottom right hand corner must be a regular on here.

He looks *** miserable :greengrin

schinkenotto
27-11-2014, 04:53 PM
The letter I received also covered a number of other points and recognised the fact that my wife and I were already season ticket holders.

The paragraph that I was interested in towards the end of the letter stated "The Board is also fine tuning its strategy for the future of the Club,which will be presented at the forthcoming AGM and shared with the wider Hibernian support".

Viva_Palmeiras
27-11-2014, 05:02 PM
Meanwhile, on the leaflet, the guy in the bottom right hand corner must be a regular on here.

He looks *** miserable :greengrin

Thats one of "the observers" from Fringe ;)

Wilson
27-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Thats one of "the observers" from Fringe ;)

Just a guy waiting for a bus photoshopped in to make the stadium look full.

emerald green
27-11-2014, 06:13 PM
The letter was fine. I cannot see what's wrong with LD communicating with the supporters, and thanking season ticket holders for their continued support. Something unheard of in years gone bye.

There's nothing wrong IMO with the CEO doing everything possible to try to encourage lapsed supporters back to the club.

Oscar T Grouch
27-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Great bit of correspondence from the club. I think the fan rep stuff is on it because if you check the envelope the letters have been sent out by an agency not the club themselves. This has just been a wee error with dates nothing more.

I am genuinely excited at what's happening at Hibs just now. LD has been a success at every previous job she's been in and I have no reason to doubt this continuing.

Payment plan for a half season ticket? That's a good idea especially at this time of year. I get the feeling the good times are going to come back to ER soon and that makes me a happy Hibee.

wazoo1875
27-11-2014, 06:42 PM

Sorry wasn't very clear, wasn't because I turned 18 it was because I finished uni in the summer so I didn't get a new student card.

Not blaming the club one bit, just a bit gutted because I assumed if you were a student when you bought the card it would last all season. And there's no way I can afford upwards of £200 especially this close to Christmas :greengrin

Dunno if it's any help financially meh, but can't you sign up for the adult half season ticket and spread the cost through zebra finance? It's a shame when folk are priced out of it when they actually want to go.

Jonnyboy
27-11-2014, 06:45 PM
The letter was fine. I cannot see what's wrong with LD communicating with the supporters, and thanking season ticket holders for their continued support. Something unheard of in years gone bye.

There's nothing wrong IMO with the CEO doing everything possible to try to encourage lapsed supporters back to the club.

I totally agree :agree: Only minus for me was saying nominations were still being accepted for supporter reps on the Board. Letter arrived yesterday, nominations closed last Friday. My guess is a third party dealt with production and posting and if that's correct, they need their bums kicked :greengrin

Billy Whizz
27-11-2014, 06:47 PM
I totally agree :agree: Only minus for me was saying nominations were still being accepted for supporter reps on the Board. Letter arrived yesterday, nominations closed last Friday. My guess is a third party dealt with production and posting and if that's correct, they need their bums kicked :greengrin

It's ok, I nominated you last week!

Jonnyboy
27-11-2014, 06:48 PM
It's ok, I nominated you last week!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :greengrin

Billy Whizz
27-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :greengrin

But I forgot to post it😄

Oscar T Grouch
27-11-2014, 06:49 PM

This is the case JB, sent from Causewayside as per the envelope 😉

Jonnyboy
27-11-2014, 06:52 PM
But I forgot to post it

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwww Didn't want them getting it twice .................... kidding, honest :greengrin

This is the case JB, sent from Causewayside as per the envelope 

Didn't notice that vince, ta :agree:

Billy Whizz
27-11-2014, 06:57 PM
This is the case JB, sent from Causewayside as per the envelope 😉

Probably done by Paramount printers

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2014, 08:05 PM

Did the club contact you and ask to see your new card then?

monktonharp
27-11-2014, 10:16 PM
It was an attempt to engage with ALL Hibs supporters. A number of supporters still do not use the internet or follow Hibs.net, the Bounce or the Official site and are unaware of initiatives or feel ignored.

This was an attempt to address this following feedback from supporters. If you like an effort to improve communication.an effort to improve communication? well, I will applaud that, maybe if I actually read it. In the last 2 years, Ihave tried the auld Email this one, email that one. still waiting on 3 replies. possibly they have all moved on. canny blame the club for that:rolleyes:

monktonharp
27-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Great bit of correspondence from the club. I think the fan rep stuff is on it because if you check the envelope the letters have been sent out by an agency not the club themselves. .THIS......Why not the CLUB itself? that has been a major angst for me ,about our CLUB for many years. the CLUB shop, which is not really the CLUB shop, comes to mind and also the CLUB catering which is not really the CLUB catering. there might be other avenues that the CLUB do control.

monktonharp
27-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Probably done by Paramount printersaye, they're good they are

PatHead
27-11-2014, 10:27 PM
THIS......Why not the CLUB itself? that has been a major angst for me ,about our CLUB for many years. the CLUB shop, which is not really the CLUB shop, comes to mind and also the CLUB catering which is not really the CLUB catering. there might be other avenues that the CLUB do control.

It was much, much cheaper than using Royal Mail. No sense in wasting money on stamps. It will have cost a fair few bob as it is.

Agree re Catering and hospitality though.

monktonharp
27-11-2014, 10:29 PM

There's nothing wrong IMO with the CEO doing everything possible to try to encourage lapsed supporters back to the club.I do agree, that is fine but given our present circumstances, she has to! it's been done before, and Dougie Cromb did that, if I recall. He actually asked me and my mate in, to discuss our concerns at the time. dinnae seem to get that now!. maybe she's gonnae take me oot for xmas lunch, and just husnae telt me yet:greengrin

SaulGoodman
27-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Did the club contact you and ask to see your new card then?

Yeah, exchanged a few emails with them.

SaulGoodman
27-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Dunno if it's any help financially meh, but can't you sign up for the adult half season ticket and spread the cost through zebra finance? It's a shame when folk are priced out of it when they actually want to go.

I was looking into that, if not I'll just buy a ticket for the games when I can.

PatHead
27-11-2014, 10:34 PM
I do agree, that is fine but given our present circumstances, she has to! it's been done before, and Dougie Cromb did that, if I recall. He actually asked me and my mate in, to discuss our concerns at the time. dinnae seem to get that now!. maybe she's gonnae take me oot for xmas lunch, and just husnae telt me yet:greengrin

Drop her an email and she will make an appointment or come to the next Working Together meeting on December 10th at Easter Road. She will talk to you there.

Jack
27-11-2014, 10:35 PM
THIS......Why not the CLUB itself? that has been a major angst for me ,about our CLUB for many years. the CLUB shop, which is not really the CLUB shop, comes to mind and also the CLUB catering which is not really the CLUB catering. there might be other avenues that the CLUB do control.

While I agree with Pathead with this example I agree with you that virtually everything in the CLUB is outsourced and IMO thats very wrong, I've gone as far as saying the first team have been outsourced from Leith to East Mains!

All these issues are being looked at by the new folk, LD ... I'm led to believe.

monktonharp
27-11-2014, 10:36 PM
It was much, much cheaper than using Royal Mail. No sense in wasting money on stamps. It will have cost a fair few bob as it is.

.fair point. just annoying when you can recognise that is from an outsourced agency, dis ma heid in. it somehow feels that it is just printed off to them, and tells them to add blah blah, make it look good etc

monktonharp
27-11-2014, 10:40 PM
While I agree with Pathead with this example I agree with you that virtually everything in the CLUB is outsourced and IMO thats very wrong, I've gone as far as saying the first team have been outsourced from Leith to East Mains!

All these issues are being looked at by the new folk, LD ... I'm led to believe.good. I think the committee at Sunnyside deserve a bit of input. we need real Hibernian minded players on the park. well, at least 1 or 2.

Andy74
27-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Great, we are on to who prints and sends stuff for the club now!

monktonharp
27-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Drop her an email and she will make an appointment or come to the next Working Together meeting on December 10th at Easter Road. She will talk to you there.you did not get what I said Path, still waiting for 3 email replies. I do remember that. Working together, ? don't think I am on the list for invites to that particular organisation. I get all my info from .net as to how great it was on a particular evening.

monktonharp
27-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Great, we are on to who prints and sends stuff for the club now!please raise that, at the next working together meeting. post replies to Hibernian fan groups on here please.

PatHead
27-11-2014, 10:51 PM
you did not get what I said Path, still waiting for 3 email replies. I do remember that. Working together, ? don't think I am on the list for invites to that particular organisation. I get all my info from .net as to how great it was on a particular evening.

PM me your email address and I will get you added to list. The meetings are open to all fans and usually take place on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. You are more than welcome.

monktonharp
27-11-2014, 11:21 PM
PM me your email address and I will get you added to list. The meetings are open to all fans and usually take place on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. You are more than welcome.I will consider that. However, our supporter's branch is registered with the Association, we run fairly regular buses to away games, have quite a few members holding season tickets etc etc. tell me this, and I am not asking a difficult or silly question........why have our branch officials, or any of our members, through any avenue never been openly invited to these meetings or added to this list you talk about? we, like most on here are Hibs fans with a vested interest as to what is really going on with our club, not just the present incumbents who will invariably move on in the coming years.there may have been things mentioned on here, that have been missed by our members, but the branch details are there for all to see, on the official site listing of supporters branches, with several phone numbers and email addresses to access. we have also occasionally listed info with the club when buses were running to away games.

PatHead
27-11-2014, 11:34 PM
I will consider that. However, our supporter's branch is registered with the Association, we run fairly regular buses to away games, have quite a few members holding season tickets etc etc. tell me this, and I am not asking a difficult or silly question........why have our branch officials, or any of our members, through any avenue never been openly invited to these meetings or added to this list you talk about? we, like most on here are Hibs fans with a vested interest as to what is really going on with our club, not just the present incumbents who will invariably move on in the coming years.there may have been things mentioned on here, that have been missed by our members, but the branch details are there for all to see, on the official site listing of supporters branches, with several phone numbers and email addresses to access. we have also occasionally listed info with the club when buses were running to away games.

Over the years HSA, various supporters associations and fans who are not members of any supporters associations have been invited and attended. The first time I went was after reading an article on here. It is not a closed society and the "list" is purely people who have attended before and left their email addresses. They get a copy of the minutes and a reminder

Usually an "invite" is posted on here and bounce before each meeting.

monktonharp
27-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Over the years HSA, various supporters associations and fans who are not members of any supporters associations have been invited and attended. The first time I went was after reading an article on here. It is not a closed society and the "list" is purely people who have attended before and left their email addresses. They get a copy of the minutes and a reminder

Usually an "invite" is posted on here and bounce before each meeting.ok, thanks

Oscar T Grouch
28-11-2014, 06:05 AM

Like all businesses a lot of things are outsourced, doing things like this reduce costs and add to money available for other thing more important to the club, like the footballing side. The more the admin costs the less the footballing side has left in the coffers. I don't care about the shop, I do that on line, I certainly don't care about the catering, it's ****, but it was **** when it was a shed selling pie bovril and macaroon bars. The less the club spends on these thing the better IMHO.

Pretty Boy
28-11-2014, 06:44 AM
From start to finish this is a very curious thread.

Jack
28-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Like all businesses a lot of things are outsourced, doing things like this reduce costs and add to money available for other thing more important to the club, like the footballing side. The more the admin costs the less the footballing side has left in the coffers. I don't care about the shop, I do that on line, I certainly don't care about the catering, it's ****, but it was **** when it was a shed selling pie bovril and macaroon bars. The less the club spends on these thing the better IMHO.

I don't think the only consideration should be what it costs. One of my major grips, for example, is that a Hibs supporter could go through life never having met a Hibs employee. I think as a customer/supporter/public facing organisation thats wrong, Hibs need to be much more it touch.

Also there's the opposite of what it might cost in how much it makes, or has the potential to make, and therefore contributes to the players on the pitch.

marinello59
28-11-2014, 06:58 AM
I don't think the only consideration should be what it costs. One of my major grips, for example, is that a Hibs supporter could go through life never having met a Hibs employee. I think as a customer/supporter/public facing organisation thats wrong, Hibs need to be much more it touch.

Also there's the opposite of what it might cost in how much it makes, or has the potential to make, and therefore contributes to the players on the pitch.

I'd quite happily go through life without meeting any club employees. I just want to watch the team. I'm a simple soul. :greengrin

stantonhibby
28-11-2014, 07:41 AM
I'd quite happily go through life without meeting any club employees. I just want to watch the team. I'm a simple soul. :greengrin

Indeed.

As has been pointed out above a rather curious thread.

Andy74
28-11-2014, 08:46 AM

Do did you want a Hibs employee to hand write and hand deliver maybe 10,000 or more letters? Curious. I probbaly wouldn't have been in to meet them after all that anyway.

Keith_M
28-11-2014, 09:05 AM

Meh, sorry to sound unsympathetic but, you knew you weren't going to be a Student this year and applied for a Student ST regardless. I can't see how you can possibly have a beef with the Club.

SaulGoodman
28-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Meh, sorry to sound unsympathetic but, you knew you weren't going to be a Student this year and applied for a Student ST regardless. I can't see how you can possibly have a beef with the Club.

I don't have a beef with the club? In fact I actually clearly said I don't blame the club.

Also, I didn't know I wasn't going to be a student this year.

Another point, if you're 17 and buy a concession ST even though you turn 18 the next month, your concession ST would last all season, I assumed this would be the same when I bought the Student ST, I was a student when I bought the card, I wasn't conning anyone, or lying.

Keith_M
28-11-2014, 10:27 AM
I don't have a beef with the club? In fact I actually clearly said I don't blame the club.

Also, I didn't know I wasn't going to be a student this year.

Another point, if you're 17 and buy a concession ST even though you turn 18 the next month, your concession ST would last all season, I assumed this would be the same when I bought the Student ST, I was a student when I bought the card, I wasn't conning anyone, or lying.

OK, that puts an entirely different light on matters.

If only you'd mentioned that previously......:wink:

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Thread hijack alert.

What qualifies as a Student? Does Open Uni count?

Oscar T Grouch
28-11-2014, 10:40 AM

Of course the club should consider more than cost, but being in admin myself, I know I would prefer to pay an external agency x amount to do a job that would take up many man hours of people I need doing more important things, having an employee you pay NI and Pension contributions to, stuffing envelopes is uneconomical and plain daft. The stuff Hibs and other business outsource tend to be the the of things that do not bring income into the business (you can argue that stuffing envelopes will, but at a much higher cost to the business). It is I am afraid, all about the balance sheet, LD knows how to run a business and I am actually glad this letter came from an outsourced company, it means that Hibs employees are working on other things that LD considers more important.

On the subject of being in touch, you honestly think that Hibs outsourcing the basic jobs to external agencies is going to effect how they interact with their customers? I find that really weird, the staff paid directly by Hibs will now have more time to deal with fans directly instead of stuffing envelopes, licking stamps (I know you don't do that anymore) or heating and serving pies. Like I said the more money saved on the general admin works will go towards the playing budget as the cost of running the club will come down.

Personally I think Hibs have changed a lot since LD came in, they are operating more efficiently and I see a bright future. As I have said previously LD has succeeded at every jobs she's had, I see no difference with the new position she has taken up.

Pretty Boy
28-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Thread hijack alert.

What qualifies as a Student? Does Open Uni count?

Don't think so. Sure it has to be full time education. I'm probably wrong though.

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Don't think so. Sure it has to be full time education. I'm probably wrong though.

Cheers, that was my thoughts.

One might argue that OU can be pretty much full-time. But that's probably not the point.

PatHead
28-11-2014, 11:13 AM

The ticket office will want to see a Full Time student matriculation card before allowing the discount.

SaulGoodman
28-11-2014, 12:53 PM
OK, that puts an entirely different light on matters.

If only you'd mentioned that previously......:wink:

Please forgive my stupidity :wink: