PDA

View Full Version : I love Sprouts

Hibbyradge
26-11-2014, 04:32 PM
This time of year is great for all number of reasons, the ready availability of delicious sprouts being one of the happiest.

I'm currently on a bus back from Glasgow and I've decided to pop into Tesco when I get off to bag me a supply of the little green taste bundles for tea.

Yummy!

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Me too, salt pepper and brown sauce yummy.:thumbsup:

over the line
26-11-2014, 05:23 PM
This time of year is great for all number of reasons, the ready availability of delicious sprouts being one of the happiest.

I'm currently on a bus back from Glasgow and I've decided to pop into Tesco when I get off to bag me a supply of the little green taste bundles for tea.

Yummy!

I pity the people sat near you on the bus in the morning, once those little green methane makers have worked their foul magic on your bowels!!! :(

Hibbyradge
26-11-2014, 05:37 PM
I pity the people sat near you on the bus in the morning, once those little green methane makers have worked their foul magic on your bowels!!! :(

Dinny tell me you're having a go at me on this thread too! :paranoid:

Anyway, I'm driving to East Kilbride in the morning :na na:

Plus, sprouts are the least of your worries. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Flatulence/Pages/Causes.aspx

Pretty Boy
26-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Love this time of year for veg.

Turnip, squash, pumpkin, celeriac, cabbage, beetroot, sprouts, leek, kale and artichoke all featuring heavily on my menu at the moment.

I've been making an effort to try and buy local this year and eat seasonal. It's been great actually eating food at it's best and not imported strawberries in January.

patch1875
26-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Working today in a house that's next to a field which has just been harvested for sprouts the smell was:sick::sick::sick:

over the line
26-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Dinny tell me you're having a go at me on this thread too! :paranoid:

Anyway, I'm driving to East Kilbride in the morning :na na:

Plus, sprouts are the least of your worries. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Flatulence/Pages/Causes.aspx

No, I also like sprouts, but they do tend to make you stink! :D

Sergey
26-11-2014, 07:09 PM

Turnip, squash, pumpkin, celeriac, cabbage, beetroot, sprouts, leek, kale and artichoke all featuring heavily on my menu at the moment.

I've been making an effort to try and buy local this year and eat seasonal. It's been great actually eating food at it's best and not imported strawberries in January.

I'm going to add another veg to your list - burdock root.

If you haven't tried it, hunt some down in your local Asian store. It really is wonderful.

For recipes, Google 'gobo' as this will throw-up some simple Japanese dishes.

It is good...trust me.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2014, 07:35 PM

When i was a kid, you could not get me to touch vegetables of any sort unless it was in a soup for some daft reason. Now i cant get enough of the stuff, i will have at least 2 veg with every meal and a lot of the time 3.

And i'm still a fat git. :greengrin

over the line
26-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Working today in a house that's next to a field which has just been harvested for sprouts the smell was:sick::sick::sick:

When I was 16 I lodged on a pig and sprout farm. My room backed onto a yard of pig sheds. So I was spared the smell of freshly harvested sprouts, as it was overpowered by the stench of pigs! I only stayed for two months! Nice people on the farm though. The farmer had hands like shovels and he always had a huge roll of cash on him, never seen the like before or since unfortunately.

Wembley67
26-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Poof

snooky
26-11-2014, 11:43 PM
I hate sprouts ... but really like Sproule :greengrin

Hibbyradge
27-11-2014, 05:20 AM
I had chicken with sprouts, curly kale, leeks and potatoes for tea last night and I'm happy to report no ill winds this morning.

over the line
27-11-2014, 07:28 AM
I had chicken with sprouts, curly kale, leeks and potatoes for tea last night and I'm happy to report no ill winds this morning.

The people of East Kilbride can breath a sigh of relief this morning then. ;)

hibsbollah
27-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Love em. Butter and black pepper on top, just nuzzling against some onion sauce on the side.

iwasthere1972
29-11-2014, 01:42 PM
I love sprouts too. Even have them outside the Christmas period. Hibs have an association with sprouts too.

Brussel Latapty
Ivan Sprout.

Coats on.