PDA

View Full Version : Yams Budge - Might be more cost-effective to move

jonty
26-11-2014, 07:01 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30203134

Budge explained that one of her priorities was to patch up parts of the stadium in a state of disrepair.

"But we've got to be realistic and it might be that it's a more cost-effective solution to actually move," she told BBC Scotland.

"Tynecastle does have something magical about it. If there was some way we could actually do something with the stand, it might be that that would be the better option and I know a lot of people would prefer to stay in Tynecastle.

"Borrowing money for a particular capital programme you can understand, but running up debts that are prevalent in football is beyond my understanding really."

Peevemor
26-11-2014, 07:03 AM

Hiya Sir David. Hiya pal....

wazoo1875
26-11-2014, 07:05 AM
Ooh,I wonder how the pink hoardes will take this comment from the budgie.

bingo70
26-11-2014, 07:07 AM
Budge on the BBC website saying hearts are considering leaving tynecastle.

Interesting to see what they get for the land of they do sell or of their campaign to get the building listed could come back to haunt them.

Pressumably any move they do make would be to the outskirts of Edinburgh which would bring it's own problems.

I don't think they've got much choice but to leave the pbs at some point but not sure it'd be a great move for them (or the gorgie area, sure lots of small businesses rely on match day income)

Edit- ****, too slow, can you merge please admins?

TRC
26-11-2014, 07:12 AM
was this not the reason they got rid of Chris Robinson

Peevemor
26-11-2014, 07:15 AM

It's not quite the same. The pieman wanted to sell to Cala simply to clear debt. They currently have no debt (except to Budge) so the money they get for Tynecastle will be theirs to use as they see fit.

H18sry
26-11-2014, 07:17 AM
It's not quite the same. The pieman wanted to sell to Cala simply to clear debt. They currently have no debt (except to Budge) so the money they get for Tynecastle will be theirs to use as they see fit.

A new stadium would cost a bit to build tho would it not?

bingo70
26-11-2014, 07:20 AM

With tynecastle only being worth £2.5m I doubt that'll be enough to build a new stadium either.

Peevemor
26-11-2014, 07:21 AM

If somebody (*cough* David Murray) needs a stadium to act as a sweetener for a mega development on green belt land, maybe there'd be a deal to be done...

bingo70
26-11-2014, 07:22 AM
If somebody (*cough* David Murray) needs a stadium to act as a sweetener for a mega development on green belt land, maybe there'd be a deal to be done...

Where would that be about?

Billy Whizz
26-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Where would that be about?

Out beside the Maybury area I believe

the_ginger_hibee
26-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Ah but BDO, FoH, I'm an MP and Alex Salmond all assured us the area would get no planning permission for anything other than Hearts and their stadium?

So I'm sure they will be fine.

Ringothedog
26-11-2014, 07:29 AM

The old they owe it to themselves kind of debt. They still have debt of at least 6m to budge.

Hibs History
26-11-2014, 07:31 AM

"If you look around now, you'll see we've replaced a lot of seats, we've started a job of painting, so we now have the Hearts colour that we'll try to be consistent about and we're moving round the stadium and addressing the worst parts."

They're going on about their painting again I see

Lipstick on a pig if you ask me

Ronniekirk
26-11-2014, 07:33 AM
She is a shrewd business woman so this will have been in her plans when she bought club ,so she will have some plan up her sleeve or she wouldn't be mentioning this now She wants to see what the fans reaction is but she will know it's better to float idea when they are doing so well ,and they need larger stadium given they are selling out every week routine etc etc .
Don't think this will come as any huge surprise to them and they have entrusted the club to her so unless they start pulling the plug on direct debits which they won't ,they will have to do what she decides is best for the club in the long run .

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-11-2014, 07:45 AM
As I have said on these pages before there was talk about them moving outside Edinburgh city limits, West Lothian was mentioned, I have a friend who is involved in legal circles and this had been going round these circles for a while, however as usual they got lucky and landed on they're feet and the moved was seemingly shelved for the time being but now it's come up again.

Cheerio fannies :bye:

The Falcon
26-11-2014, 07:46 AM
With tynecastle only being worth £2.5m I doubt that'll be enough to build a new stadium either.

My thoughts exactly.

Where we not told there would be carnage and rioting if the PBS were sold, therefore it was unsellable?

Andy74
26-11-2014, 07:48 AM
Livi will be free to rent soon.

God Petrie
26-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Hahahahaha

Oscar T Grouch
26-11-2014, 07:56 AM
Few wee burdies coming home to roost. At least budge is being honest which is a hell of a lot more than previous owners.

Nae investment for years
Hard to maintain to a safe standard
Pouring good money after bad

They will need to move or borrow a LOT of cash to build on Tynie, with reduced income whilst doing so.

Best thing for them is to move, I know a nice spot in the middle of the North sea I'd like to see them move to 😂

greenginger
26-11-2014, 08:00 AM
Out beside the Maybury area I believe

If its Murray's Garden District, its further south, near Riccarton Campus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10397389

Bill Milne
26-11-2014, 08:09 AM

Is this not where we are to be told by "I am an MP" and others that the site is really worth £20m?

Keith_M
26-11-2014, 08:17 AM

Maybe it's not, but the Fans were against moving away from Tynecastle in principle. They didn't really care about the reasons behind it.

It'll be interesting to see their reaction now.

Keith_M
26-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Is this not where we are to be told by "I am an MP" and others that the site is really worth £20m?

...and EDC suddenly finds a previously un-noticed surplus in their budget of 20M and agree to take it off their hands for that very sum.

Cue much talk of...

"Blast zones? What blast zones?"

#FromTheCapital
26-11-2014, 08:24 AM
If they lose their stadium they lose their identity. Get it right ****in up them. Hopefully they have to move outside of Edinburgh, the further the better.

TowerHibs
26-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Would thought we had learned our lessons about laughing at them and their doomed plans

Something will come round to save them, always does

Keith_M
26-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Would thought we had learned our lessons about laughing at them and their doomed plans

Something will come round to save them, always does

I think that is actually the thrust of a number of comments.

If it's not EDC, it'll be SDM or Alex Salmond.

lord bunberry
26-11-2014, 08:26 AM
What about the distillery, the land isn't fit for anything other than a football stadium.
Absolutely ****ing shameless

Bostonhibby
26-11-2014, 08:36 AM
Your average yam must think it appalling that the Council hasn't stepped into save the famous, with all the direct and indirect help and blind eye turning they have enjoyed surely there must be another entirely coincidental wheeze that results in them getting a free ground in return for not very little dressed up as a lot? Surely the council can do something to make the site more attractive?

The cynics might say cashing in on the worlds last authentic football stadium and atmosphere might be budgie realising its the only way she will get her money back now that she has had a real look at the numbers and the pledges?

On the upside at least we get to find out if everyone associated with the valuation of the ground for the creditors was right - or is there a new property boom in the tatty old fire hazard football stadium market just around the corner?

Heart of West Lothian has a nice ring to it though, they could maybe play in Blue.

JimBHibees
26-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Was AB admitting that the ground isnt safe?

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Time for us to jointly build a shared stadium. Giving our (Hibs/Hearts) support size I'd opt for a 40k stadium which could also be used for other events. It would reduce both clubs maintenance and would be beneficial to the city to have a more multi-use stadium.

bingo70
26-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Was AB admitting that the ground isnt safe?

I doubt whether she's qualified to say if it was safe or not, I would say she's admitting it's a complete hovel and a wee tin pot stadium though.

JimBHibees
26-11-2014, 09:04 AM
I doubt whether she's qualified to say if it was safe or not, I would say she's admitting it's a complete hovel and a wee tin pot stadium though.

I am sure the Council will be along any minute now to put her mind at rest about any safety concerns. :rolleyes:

southsider
26-11-2014, 09:11 AM
time for us to jointly build a shared stadium. Giving our (hibs/hearts) support size i'd opt for a 40k stadium which could also be used for other events. It would reduce both clubs maintenance and would be beneficial to the city to have a more multi-use stadium.
over my dead body !

Peevemor
26-11-2014, 09:20 AM
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1659707

Bostonhibby
26-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Time for us to jointly build a shared stadium. Giving our (Hibs/Hearts) support size I'd opt for a 40k stadium which could also be used for other events. It would reduce both clubs maintenance and would be beneficial to the city to have a more multi-use stadium.

Probably best if we build it somewhere towards the west? and maybe it would be better for Edinburgh if we merged into one team and played in maroon:greengrin Where have I heard all that before?

itslegaltender
26-11-2014, 09:23 AM
This is shameless. Said it on here before, Murray already has a proposed stadium within his garden village proposal. Was hoping he was just doing this as a balance sheet excercise (turning agricultural land into development land and maximising its value on his asset book).

Budge obviously sees this as an easy way to get some money in the bank for long term security. As another poster said, losing Tynecastle though would be them losing their soul. If you were going to do this though, now would be the time, their fans are punch drunk and probably more than ever would accept this without a fight.i

Bostonhibby
26-11-2014, 09:29 AM
This is shameless. Said it on here before, Murray already has a proposed stadium within his garden village proposal. Was hoping he was just doing this as a balance sheet excercise (turning agricultural land into development land and maximising its value on his asset book).

Budge obviously sees this as an easy way to get some money in the bank for long term security. As another poster said, losing Tynecastle though would be them losing their soul. If you were going to do this though, now would be the time, their fans are punch drunk and probably more than ever would accept this without a fight.i

:agree: They had no choice when budgie was the only show in town when they were in admin and they have no choice but do what she wants now - its how their pledge based fan ownership model will work for the foreseeable future.

bigwheel
26-11-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm sure I'll be slated for this , but I respect the way Budge is going about her business with "that" club ....sensible decisions , good control , no huge promises , good communication ...

They have a horrible history in recent decades , but on the face of it she is setting up a different culture ..

FranckSuzy
26-11-2014, 09:32 AM
They might be at it for some time......:wink:

"If you look around now, you'll see we've replaced a lot of seats, we've started a job of painting, so we now have the Hearts colour that we'll try to be consistent about and we're moving round the stadium and addressing the worst parts."

Jack Hackett
26-11-2014, 09:33 AM

Hate to burst your bubble, but the only way you'd fill a ground that size regularly, would be if it had 2 pitches and both teams playing at the same time

Bostonhibby
26-11-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm sure I'll be slated for this , but I respect the way Budge is going about her business with "that" club ....sensible decisions , good control , no huge promises , good communication ...

They have a horrible history in recent decades , but on the face of it she is setting up a different culture ..

I agree this as well, the yam problem will be getting their head round what living within their means actually looks and feels like. The one thing that budgie wont be doing is putting her cash in jeopardy and I think any sale of the tin box will be about guaranteeing her return. They really only have one fan involved in ownership and decisions at the moment though.

Mr White
26-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Council have been making noises about getting rid of some recreational facilities to plug budget deficit, Carrick knowe golf course being probably the most valuable and central of those mentioned a few weeks ago. I had a feeling there would be a story about hearts moving when I read this last month:
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/eight-sports-centres-face-closure-over-funding-cut-1-3584888

SkintHibby
26-11-2014, 09:55 AM

eff off

jacomo
26-11-2014, 10:07 AM

The pieman declared Tynecastle 'not fit for purpose'. He was right.

Vlad earned a lot of leeway from the Jumbos for his 'Now that's a planning application!' fantasy redevelopment of the main stand. It was so wide of the mark that it wasn't even given proper consideration. There might be a way that they could rebuild the main stand on the cheap but the other three bus shelters were done that way and it would leave a stadium with next to no facilities, and limited space to add anything around it.

It's inevitable that they will leave Tynecastle IMO. The only question is the deal they are able to do on a new home. Budge won't be left out of pocket, that's for sure.

jacomo
26-11-2014, 10:10 AM
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1659707

Thanks for the link. A 'regional sports hub to encourage participation in activity' sounds more like a Meadowbank style set up than a dedicated fitba stadium though. Anything approaching a 20,000 seat stadium would have major implications for transport links, parking spaces etc... would SDM be happy with that?

Oscar T Grouch
26-11-2014, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't mind them moving out to DMs garden village, they'd be sharing with egg chasers and they'd not own the stadium, so no assets behind the business. Whatever happens they are now going to have to pay for the neglect of their stadium, something we have paid for over the last 20 years, this will effect how they operate over the coming years and what they have to spend on the playing squad. Or am I being overly optimistic here :confused:

jacomo
26-11-2014, 10:41 AM

:bye:

Apart from anything else, where do you get 40k from??

Hibs dodged a bullet when we abandoned talks over a move to Straiton. We should never leave ourselves vulnerable to being dragged down by Hertz. Quite capable of doing that all on our own.

Mikey
26-11-2014, 10:44 AM

There will be someone from Buy Hibs along shortly to tell us that this is FACT :greengrin

Geo_1875
26-11-2014, 11:00 AM

I give her no credit for telling the truth. It's what normal decent people do all the time.

Behind her mask of "respectability" their is a rabid jambo who will spend their last penny to see them beat us in a derby.

FranckSuzy
26-11-2014, 11:01 AM

Thanks but no thanks from me.

E10 Rifle
26-11-2014, 11:05 AM
yoda
budge

Anyone noticed a slight similarity?

Waxy
26-11-2014, 11:28 AM
I'd be quite happy for them to stay at the crumbling tincastle. It's looking really grotty now and it can only hold them back.football could take another boom in attendances in the future.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-11-2014, 11:29 AM
They might be at it for some time......:wink:

They would be far, far quicker addressing the best parts. Could be done in half an hour

Bad Martini
26-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Somewhere there's a desolate comet with **** all getting in the way of their development plans. They could all amble over there and I'm sure we'd all help pay the costs for the one way ticket :aok:

I dont gie a ratts ass where they go and what they do. However, I do hope the SFA and all other interested parties ensure any aquisition and sales they make, property, assets and future debts are fully financed and in line with the the new financial prudence regulations, as per the rest of us dafties who consider the matter of "payment" mandatory as opposed to optional.

*******s :thumbsup:

ADIOS TRUMPETS.

ENDOF :na na:

ekhibee
26-11-2014, 11:36 AM

Actually I totally agree with you. She is, in my opinion, going about it the right way. Ann Budge speaks well, and isn't rushing in to anything without looking at all the options first. She's not on the tv every second day saying how Hearts are going to do this and that. IMO she won't be pushed into making decisions, and she will make them into a far better run club financially and in other matters. Brian Voice of the Hearts Fans McLaughlin did try to draw her on 1 or 2 things but she was diplomatic to say the least. If she wasn't connected with Hearts I'd say she's a breath of fresh air. Still, nothing much has been done so far so I suppose we'll see if it's another false dawn for them, although somehow I don't think so.

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2014, 11:39 AM
The old they owe it to themselves kind of debt. They still have debt of at least 6m to budge.

How do you get to 6?

southsider
26-11-2014, 11:41 AM

Na,Vlad sold the last pot they had to piss in for £2 0n e-bay

Winston Ingram
26-11-2014, 11:48 AM
No doubt the PBS blast zone will cease to exist, they get 10x what they told the lith's it was worth and our beloved Council will build them a stadium for zip.

Biggie
26-11-2014, 11:51 AM
sorry, dont mean to be a ****wit about this, but why weren't they told to sell the stadium to help pay for their debts ?
To think they might make any money out of that dump now is a joke

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2014, 11:59 AM
sorry, dont mean to be a ****wit about this, but why weren't they told to sell the stadium to help pay for their debts ?
To think they might make any money out of that dump now is a joke

That is what happened.

The company who owned Hearts sold the stadium and club to Mrs. B, to help pay some of their debts.

Not the answer I think you wanted, but.... :cb

Alan62
26-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Mrs Budge does deserve credit here. She is facing some uncomfortable truths and stating that difficult choices will need to be made. Incidentally, they are the same difficult choices that many of our fellows have slated our board for making: investing in infrastructure and living within our means.

The good news for us is that short of getting scandalous support from the Council, they don't really have an answer to the problem. Tynecastle isn't fit for purpose. It isn't getting any better no matter how much paint they throw at it.

It will be interesting watching developments over the coming months and years. Lots to go on this story, that's for sure.

Biggie
26-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Thanks CWG...........businesses and administration eh ?

AndyM_1875
26-11-2014, 12:02 PM
This was always coming. The Council have been wanting to build a stadium out near Riccarton for a while in partnership with Business Investors (Murray?). Does not surprise me that they will hand out more favours to their wee pet football club and Hearts (even with the predictable rage at leaving the Bus Shelter from their spectacularly thick fans) won't look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth. Ok they won't own it but I'll bet you the rent will be of the peppercorn variety.

Credit to Mrs B though for telling the truth on this matter. She's taken a look at the costs the club has to pay every year for patching up that dilapidated asbestos ridden wreck of a stadium and baulked.

Ozyhibby
26-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Mrs Budge does deserve credit here. She is facing some uncomfortable truths and stating that difficult choices will need to be made. Incidentally, they are the same difficult choices that many of our fellows have slated our board for making: investing in infrastructure and living within our means.

The good news for us is that short of getting scandalous support from the Council, they don't really have an answer to the problem. Tynecastle isn't fit for purpose. It isn't getting any better no matter how much paint they throw at it.

It will be interesting watching developments over the coming months and years. Lots to go on this story, that's for sure.

Do you think that Hibs are capable of taking advantage and making it count on the pitch?

AndyM_1875
26-11-2014, 12:10 PM

Mrs B is a highly intelligent and capable business woman who ran a company that was far, far bigger than Hearts FC in terms of turnoverand unlike them it made a profit year on year.

I think you might be disappointed there Alan. The Council has always been Hearts Minded IMHO and has screwed Hibs over on a few occasions such as with the Lochend Butterfly land and consistently frustrating Hibs when we were trying to get a Training Ground.

Geo_1875
26-11-2014, 12:20 PM

Again I'll say she deserves no credit for stating the bleeding obvious. She's only telling the truth so why should we hold her up as a paragon of virtue?

And as for the council, they will bend over backwards and help wherever they can. Cardownie in particular will bend over backwards and lick his own bawsack for his beloved hertz.

Alan62
26-11-2014, 12:26 PM
I am well aware of Mrs B's previous business record and know a few folks who worked with her.

I also believe that the Council is (and probably always will be) Hearts-minded. They're more exposed to public scrutiny in these austere times and that may help. There are still those around who would bend over backwards to help them though.

As for Hibs taking advantage on the pitch, I genuinely believe that is what we are working towards. I have always thought that Petrie played the long game. As things stand, which clubs in Scotland (other than Celtic) are better placed than Hibs in terms of underlying economics?

KeithTheHibby
26-11-2014, 12:48 PM
I am well aware of Mrs B's previous business record and know a few folks who worked with her.

I also believe that the Council is (and probably always will be) Hearts-minded. They're more exposed to public scrutiny in these austere times and that may help. There are still those around who would bend over backwards to help them though.

As for Hibs taking advantage on the pitch, I genuinely believe that is what we are working towards. I have always thought that Petrie played the long game. As things stand, which clubs in Scotland (other than Celtic) are better placed than Hibs in terms of underlying economics?

How long is Petrie's game then? Did it involve spectacularly falling into the championship at a time when Rangers and Hearts were at their lowest points in history?!
We should have been taking advantage on the pitch years ago, the lack of ambition and horrendous managerial appointments cost us that.

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Looks like Budgie has already dismissed the idea of a new main stand and you can see why.

The current death trap holds 4,500 and the Yams would be looking to up that to a minimum of 8,000 to reach a 20,000 + capacity. If the main stand is listed then any new building would need to at least preserve the façade of the old stand. The cost for an increase in capacity of about 5,000 would be outrageous. If our west stand cost approximately £7,000,000 then a new main stand at the PBS would probably at a guess cost at least £12,000,000. Moving looks well on the cards.

As Mr White's post alluded to the Carrick knows golf course site would be ideal for the Yams if their friends at the council were to pave the way. But if the council were to be involved either there or at Riccarton for example they would insist on a multi purpose stadium. The ultimate nightmare for any fitba fan ... a home ground with an 8 lane running track round the pitch :faf:

I find this all very uplifting :jamboak:

HappyAsHellas
26-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Budge was on the news saying that it's not too important should they fail to get promoted at first time of asking. In her view the more important things were getting the youth policy sorted out, thereby gaining a foothold for the future. She also touched on the issue of the PBS saying basically that all options were open at present. She also said that it's more important for clubs to be looking at how to improve the game as opposed to looking out for themselves. I think in the latter statement she is entirely correct and the clubs should all be looking at how we attract more youngsters and make the football experience a better one.
Sounds like they have someone with a bit of common sense for a change.

Biggie
26-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Budge was on the news saying that it's not too important should they fail to get promoted at first time of asking. In her view the more important things were getting the youth policy sorted out, thereby gaining a foothold for the future. She also touched on the issue of the PBS saying basically that all options were open at present. She also said that it's more important for clubs to be looking at how to improve the game as opposed to looking out for themselves. I think in the latter statement she is entirely correct and the clubs should all be looking at how we attract more youngsters and make the football experience a better one.
Sounds like they have someone with a bit of common sense for a change.

Bit ****ing rich coming from that mob though eh ?

jacomo
26-11-2014, 01:24 PM
As things stand, which clubs in Scotland (other than Celtic) are better placed than Hibs in terms of underlying economics?

At the moment, I think Ross County, ICT, Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen are all debt free or have agreements in place to that effect. Others too.

Hibs are currently carrying a fairly large mortgage, trading at a loss, and in the 2nd tier where TV income is lower and fans are less inclined to turn up.

The master plan is working a treat! :rolleyes:

Keith_M
26-11-2014, 01:58 PM

Dundee United, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock...........

Keith_M
26-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Another problem they have if they were to rebuild their Main Stand is that the UEFA ruling would immediately kick in requiring them to have a pitch of 105m x 68m (and also a wider pitch side area). That's what Hibs had to do when we built the East Stand.

Doing so would mean removing yet more rows of seats from the front of the other three stands, meaning the Main stand would have to be bigger just to compensate for the loss of capacity elsewhere.

There are rules in place currently that allow smaller pitches in UEFA competitions but it only protects them until they do any re-building. I think thise applies to a number of Stadia, including Anfield.

jdships
26-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Certainly an interesting interview which in part,at least, stated the obvious .
As it stands she has brought what appears to be solid stability to the club but the proof will be when the " Slum Dwellers " have to run it themselves
For me the " jury is out" on anything to do with the financial future of HofMFC until they are owned by the supporters :confused:

jacomo
26-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Having now watched the interview, I think Budge is being a little disingenuous when she says she has no idea whether or not Hearts should move from Tynecastle. She seems pretty shrewd and I can't imagine her going into this without a plan. It just depends on whether it happens under her watch or if she has sold up by the time they need to go.

She's obviously authorised some repair and maintenance works to keep Tynecastle viable for the next couple of years, but after that?

Waxy
26-11-2014, 02:17 PM
I thought the other three newer stands were built with cheap steel and only have a life of around 25 years? When were they built? The clock is ticking loudly on old tincastle.

Geo_1875
26-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Having now watched the interview, I think Budge is being a little disingenuous when she says she has no idea whether or not Hearts should move from Tynecastle. She seems pretty shrewd and I can't imagine her going into this without a plan. It just depends on whether it happens under her watch or if she has sold up by the time they need to go.

She's obviously authorised some repair and maintenance works to keep Tynecastle viable for the next couple of years, but after that?

If she doesn't think they need to move from Tynie then why mention it. Sounds like she's got a tame journo to ask the question so she can float the idea.

GreenLake
26-11-2014, 02:38 PM
What would be a good name for their new stadium?

Poppy Park
Cheat Lane
The Thievery

greenginger
26-11-2014, 02:50 PM
That is what happened.

The company who owned Hearts sold the stadium and club to Mrs. B, to help pay some of their debts.

Not the answer I think you wanted, but.... :cb

Not forgetting they revalued the stadium about 6 months before they went tits up.

Reduced the value from about £ 18 million to £ 2 million. Making it far easier to do a deal with Budge.

FranckSuzy
26-11-2014, 03:19 PM

Poppy Park
Cheat Lane
The Thievery

Shameless Arena

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2014, 03:39 PM

Poppy Park
Cheat Lane
The Thievery

The Default Dome

Alan62
26-11-2014, 03:50 PM
KeiththeHibby - The long game is still playing. We're still feeling the impact of infrastructural investment. That combined with managerial issues (not all of which were the board's making - Tony Mowbray's departure for example) has led to a downturn in the quality of the team which has in turn caused a decline in support - and, of course, revenue.

Mistakes have been made, for sure, but I think we all agree that the current administration is working hard to rectify problems.

As for the better placed Scottish clubs, Jacomoseven and Keekaboo, I would probably question all of your suggestions:
• Ross County? Seriously? Tiny wee club with a sugar daddy owner. Can barely buy a win under the current manager.
• Kilmarnock? Eh? Just engineered a fairly dubious deal to 'take their debt away' and have infrastructure that we would most certainly turn our noses up at.
• ICT? Yer having a laugh. Have you been there?
• Dundee Utd. Haven't been for a while but last time I looked, that ground needed serious upgrading.
• Aberdeen? The nice windfall from the local squillionaire has helped them enormously. They still have to build a new ground and a new training ground.
• St Johnstone? To be fair to St Johnstone, they're a well run club. While they've performed better than us in recent years, their ambitions will always be limited by the scale of the market they serve.

As for Hibernian? Our board bit the bullet on infrastructure. We're still paying down long term debt and struggling a bit with ongoing revenue. It's clear that the changes implemented earlier this year are designed to capitalise on the club's potential. Leanne Dempster is working hard to bring the club closer to the fans and to improve revenue. The club has appointed an ambitious manager and afforded him a high quality backroom team. The football is improving. Hopefully, we'll start to see results.

Ozyhibby
26-11-2014, 04:03 PM
KeiththeHibby - The long game is still playing. We're still feeling the impact of infrastructural investment. That combined with managerial issues (not all of which were the board's making - Tony Mowbray's departure for example) has led to a downturn in the quality of the team which has in turn caused a decline in support - and, of course, revenue.

Mistakes have been made, for sure, but I think we all agree that the current administration is working hard to rectify problems.

As for the better placed Scottish clubs, Jacomoseven and Keekaboo, I would probably question all of your suggestions:
• Ross County? Seriously? Tiny wee club with a sugar daddy owner. Can barely buy a win under the current manager.
• Kilmarnock? Eh? Just engineered a fairly dubious deal to 'take their debt away' and have infrastructure that we would most certainly turn our noses up at.
• ICT? Yer having a laugh. Have you been there?
• Dundee Utd. Haven't been for a while but last time I looked, that ground needed serious upgrading.
• Aberdeen? The nice windfall from the local squillionaire has helped them enormously. They still have to build a new ground and a new training ground.
• St Johnstone? To be fair to St Johnstone, they're a well run club. While they've performed better than us in recent years, their ambitions will always be limited by the scale of the market they serve.

As for Hibernian? Our board bit the bullet on infrastructure. We're still paying down long term debt and struggling a bit with ongoing revenue. It's clear that the changes implemented earlier this year are designed to capitalise on the club's potential. Leanne Dempster is working hard to bring the club closer to the fans and to improve revenue. The club has appointed an ambitious manager and afforded him a high quality backroom team. The football is improving. Hopefully, we'll start to see results.

All the teams you mentioned are doing a lot better than us. Trying to make out this disgraceful situation we find ourselves in is all part of some master plan is extreme happy clapping.

Keith_M
26-11-2014, 04:19 PM
I thought the other three newer stands were built with cheap steel and only have a life of around 25 years? When were they built? The clock is ticking loudly on old tincastle.

No idea about the lifespan but I think they were built between '94 and '97.

Alan62
26-11-2014, 04:32 PM
All the teams you mentioned are doing a lot better than us. Trying to make out this disgraceful situation we find ourselves in is all part of some master plan is extreme happy clapping.

Happy clapping? I don't think so. Hibernian's board focused on infrastructure. That strategy came at a material cost to the product on the park. The other teams have focused on the football by and large but have been putting off the inevitable investment in infrastructure. What happens when they have to invest in that?

chinaman
26-11-2014, 04:39 PM

Poppy Park
Cheat Lane
The Thieverysaville road

Mikey
26-11-2014, 04:42 PM
I thought this was a thread about Hearts, but it seems to be just another reason to take a swipe at Hibs :rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
26-11-2014, 04:45 PM
A nice new stadium somewhere in the middle of the Sutherland is far away enough.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-11-2014, 04:46 PM
:bye:

Apart from anything else, where do you get 40k from??

Hibs dodged a bullet when we abandoned talks over a move to Straiton. We should never leave ourselves vulnerable to being dragged down by Hertz. Quite capable of doing that all on our own.

The 40k was based on derby days and the stadium being used for cup competitions internationals etc. you could probably reduce it to 30k but seeing as this is an opportunity to build an Edinburgh stadium I went for 40k

monktonharp
26-11-2014, 04:48 PM
Again I'll say she deserves no credit for stating the bleeding obvious. She's only telling the truth so why should we hold her up as a paragon of virtue?

And as for the council, they will bend over backwards and help wherever they can. Cardownie in particular will bend over backwards and lick his own bawsack for his beloved hertz.:agree:what should be noted, is that her and her cronies snuck in the back door and inherited a football club, for almost the exact money that football club bumped the ordinary tax payer ,like you and I for. and that is before adding any other monies that they bumped ordinary people for. oh,aye, she is astute, of that there is nae doubt.

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2014, 04:51 PM
:agree:what should be noted, is that her and her cronies snuck in the back door and inherited a football club, for almost the exact money that football club bumped the ordinary tax payer ,like you and I for. and that is before adding any other monies that they bumped ordinary people for. oh,aye, she is astute, of that there is nae doubt.

There wasn't anyone at the front-door banging on it with more cash, though.:greengrin

Spike Mandela
26-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Not forgetting they revalued the stadium about 6 months before they went tits up.

Reduced the value from about £ 18 million to £ 2 million. Making it far easier to do a deal with Budge.

I sure they can revalue it again with a miraculous upturn in fortune.

Pete
26-11-2014, 04:53 PM
I was going to say that the answer is right over the road from them but on second thoughts, Murrayfield is clearly too small.

GreenLake
26-11-2014, 04:58 PM

I think they expected the cheap stands to be demolished within a few years to build that giant mega arena with luxury hotel and resort.:greengrin

Ozyhibby
26-11-2014, 04:59 PM
I thought this was a thread about Hearts, but it seems to be just another reason to take a swipe at Hibs :rolleyes:

Apologies for bringing the conversation round to Hibs. It's a life long obsession I have not been able to shake.

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2014, 05:01 PM
I sure they can revalue it again with a miraculous upturn in fortune.

Doesn't really matter what it's valued at. AB was the only credible bidder.

And, I am not sure there would be a long queue of buyers if they decide to sell.

Now, cue a 10-pager with words like....CALA, "worth what someone is prepared to pay", blast-zone, Green belt, Tynecastle School, Yambo cooncil, etc etc.

Oh, and a wee conspiracy theory that AB had set up a property deal before she bought HMFC. Just to spice things up..... :greengrin

Ozyhibby
26-11-2014, 05:02 PM
The 40k was based on derby days and the stadium being used for cup competitions internationals etc. you could probably reduce it to 30k but seeing as this is an opportunity to build an Edinburgh stadium I went for 40k

Last Derby at Easter road had thousands of empty seats.

grunt
26-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Oh, and a wee conspiracy theory that AB had set up a property deal before she bought HMFC. Just to spice things up..... :greengrinI hadn't heard about this? Tell us more! :wink:

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2014, 05:07 PM
I hadn't heard about this? Tell us more! :wink:

Ha, I wondered how long it would take. Under 4 minutes :greengrin

Seriously, for the avoidance of doubt, and to protect the admins, I have absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever. Just thought I'd throw it out there.... :cb

It would be a smart move, though.

superfurryhibby
26-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Budge on Sportsound on BBC Scotland. She is saying that they prefer to stay at Tynecastle but..........
limited options in respect of expanding the capacity. All their options are open to consideration, although it would seem like a new build is the most likely outcome.

A few interesting observations on Scottish football too. She mentioned the self interest of some prevailing over that of the majority, without naming names though.

emerald green
26-11-2014, 05:58 PM

Step forward all their pals in the "cooncil", and various politicians - the usual suspects.

Moulin Yarns
26-11-2014, 05:59 PM
the 3 'temporary' stands were built in 1994, 95 and 97. If the 25 year lifespan is true the clock is ticking

HibbyAndy
26-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Step forward all their pals in the "cooncil", and various politicians - the usual suspects.

Correct.

They have been bailed oot all their life, Nothing will change on that score anytime soon.

Thieving lying cheating barstewards.

silverhibee
26-11-2014, 06:11 PM

Poppy Park
Cheat Lane
The Thievery

The Peado Dome.

emerald green
26-11-2014, 06:11 PM

Problem is, even lets say a 15,000 crowd in a 40,000 all-seated stadium would kill the atmosphere stone dead at most games. Presumably maintenance costs would be commensurate with a stadium of that size too?

greenginger
26-11-2014, 06:18 PM

Don't forget the independent report that recommended the council build a new stadium for the grunts after the mega-stand project failed.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/Downloads/Item_11_Tynecastle_Stadium%20(1).pdf

Until it was pointed out that the independent report the council officials had commissioned was written by a Yam shareholder. :cb

We still have to be vigilant, they are Yams after all, and they don't change.

silverhibee
26-11-2014, 06:23 PM

And, I am not sure there would be a long queue of buyers if they decide to sell.

Now, cue a 10-pager with words like....CALA, "worth what someone is prepared to pay", blast-zone, Green belt, Tynecastle School, Yambo cooncil, etc etc.

Oh, and a wee conspiracy theory that AB had set up a property deal before she bought HMFC. Just to spice things up..... :greengrin

Hibernian FC is a football club, not property developers. :greengrin

emerald green
26-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Don't forget the independent report that recommended the council build a new stadium for the grunts after the mega-stand project failed.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/Downloads/Item_11_Tynecastle_Stadium%20(1).pdf

Until it was pointed out that the independent report the council officials had commissioned was written by a Yam shareholder. :cb

We still have to be vigilant, they are Yams after all, and they don't change.

:agree: Independent report. Aye right, that's a good one! :faf:

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Problem is, even lets say a 15,000 crowd in a 40,000 all-seated stadium would kill the atmosphere stone dead at most games. Presumably maintenance costs would be commensurate with a stadium of that size too?

No doubt it would but if split two ways it might not be that much. The atmosphere is an issue, perhaps with more money available (sale of existing stadium) might mean a bigger playing budget and a greater chance of success. The Rangers are deed, time to step up and and be challengers for the league...

...ah, to dream.

Michael
26-11-2014, 07:06 PM
I'd be disappointed if they leave Tynecastle. It's quite unique in Scotland with its small size, but fairly large capacity. I'd love it if we played another league cup semi there some time.

bigwheel
26-11-2014, 07:09 PM
No doubt it would but if split two ways it might not be that much. The atmosphere is an issue, perhaps with more money available (sale of existing stadium) might mean a bigger playing budget and a greater chance of success. The Rangers are deed, time to step up and and be challengers for the league...

...ah, to dream.

Why would we need a new stadium ? We are a great stadium today - out spiritual home ??

EastCalderHibby
26-11-2014, 08:14 PM
why would their only be 15,000 with their 400,000 pheodo supporters they could fill all the grounds on Saturdays and save Scottish football :greengrin

monktonharp
26-11-2014, 08:21 PM
I'd be disappointed if they leave Tynecastle. It's quite unique in Scotland with its small size, but fairly large capacity. I'd love it if we played another league cup semi there some time. nah, would be too much of an opportunity of some bampot Hibby dropping a box of bluebell matches, lighten, into the bowels of their widden stand, thereby giving them an out, with loads o money from insurance.:wink:

The Falcon
26-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Wrre they not, a short time ago, trying to the main stand listed by linking it to McCraes battalion or a memorial? Whilst a report was claiming the land was unsellable due to its strong associations to the Yams and therefore had no market value and, anyhow, there was a danger of civil unrest if it was sold?

Trying to find the report but recall it was given to the Lithuanians.

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Wrre they not, a short time ago, trying to the main stand listed by linking it to McCraes battalion or a memorial? Whilst a report was claiming the land was unsellable due to its strong associations to the Yams and therefore had no market value and, anyhow, there was a danger of civil unrest if it was sold?

Trying to find the report but recall it was given to the Lithuanians.
Think it's the Archibald Leitch connection that might give it some special status.

The Falcon
26-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Think it's the Archibald Leitch connection that might give it some special status.

Thats correct. Thanks:greengrin

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hearts-fans-bid-give-tynecastle-2472901

But I don't suppose this will have the same importance now.

Earl of Currie
26-11-2014, 08:52 PM
It wouldn’t surprise me if they took advantage of Livingston’s financial problems and used their ground on the cheap.
Just under 10,000 capacity would be enough for them if they moved to West Lothian

stoneyburn hibs
26-11-2014, 09:49 PM
It wouldn’t surprise me if they took advantage of Livingston’s financial problems and used their ground on the cheap.
Just under 10,000 capacity would be enough for them if they moved to West Lothian

No jambo's in West Lothian please, I'm going to have to start a pressure group to keep them out.

hibs0666
26-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Dunno if it's just me but I think she's the spit double of Salisbury Crags.

proud_and_green
26-11-2014, 11:03 PM
FFS, here we go again. More ***** about 'them'. I couldn't give two parts out of a hundred about them, in fact, correct that. I give 100%, they and Hibs live for and because of each other. There may be one without the other from time to time, but it is sure as hell more fun with them. All this crap is really just that internet hardman CRAP. sake,

I support the Cabbage!

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Step back from the keyboard!

monktonharp
26-11-2014, 11:36 PM
FFS, here we go again. More ***** about 'them'. I couldn't give two parts out of a hundred about them, in fact, correct that. I give 100%, they and Hibs live for and because of each other. There may be one without the other from time to time, but it is sure as hell more fun with them. All this crap is really just that internet hardman CRAP. sake,

I support the Cabbage!get real. they despise us, we despise them and forever it shall be. Amen

Baader
27-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Where are City of Edinburgh Council in all this and what's taking them so long to come to the aid of their Jambo chums - this statement was made yesterday.

Billy Whizz
27-11-2014, 08:47 AM
The same team who have over 4,000 tickets left in the home end, for their big cup game against Celtic, want a much bigger stadium

NAE NOOKIE
27-11-2014, 10:28 AM
The same team who have over 4,000 tickets left in the home end, for their big cup game against Celtic, want a much bigger stadium

If they only have 4,000 tickets left that sounds better than the last time they played sellik in the cup. Its amazing how they Yams seem to lose enthusiasm for the cause when they look like being on the end of a pumping.

Jim44
27-11-2014, 10:54 AM

Nothing sensible or praiseworthy in her statement that 'they' will not be disappointed if they don't gain promotion this season ....... complete nonsense, as given their present position and potential, failure to gain promotion would prove to be totally and hopefully terminally devastating, for the club and supporters. Secondly I take great exception to her use of the term 'their rightful position' in the top division. After their dishonesty, mis-management, lies and theft, they have no god-given entitlement to be part of the premiership.

greenginger
27-11-2014, 10:55 AM
If they only have 4,000 tickets left that sounds better than the last time they played sellik in the cup. Its amazing how they Yams seem to lose enthusiasm for the cause when they look like being on the end of a pumping.

Is it not more to do with the fact they will have to cough up half the money for each attendee they say was there.

Real attendance figures rather than Big Team gash.

Billy Whizz
27-11-2014, 11:22 AM

It's amazing isn't it, they've also given Celtic the whole of the Roseburn

Bostonhibby
27-11-2014, 11:39 AM
It's amazing isn't it, they've also given Celtic the whole of the Roseburn

:agree: Especially when you consider its their "special relationship" cup. To be fair they have a lot of fans painted on the side of the stand so its only right that celtc aren't made to feel too outnumbered by the 400,000

Betty Boop
27-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Where are City of Edinburgh Council in all this and what's taking them so long to come to the aid of their Jambo chums - this statement was made yesterday.

The Council are in no position to help them, especially when they are making massive cuts.

CropleyWasGod
27-11-2014, 08:13 PM
The Council are in no position to help them, especially when they are making massive cuts.
Whoosh? :)

erin go bragh
27-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Why , when we have a completed 20k stadium . Wouldnt even share my piss with that lot .

Ggtth

portycabbage
27-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Why , when we have a completed 20k stadium . Wouldnt even share my piss with that lot .

Ggtth

Gary Locke will be disappointed.

FranckSuzy
27-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Gary Locke will be disappointed.

:tee hee:

monktonharp
27-11-2014, 10:02 PM

Oh, and a wee conspiracy theory that AB had set up a property deal before she bought HMFC. Just to spice things up..... :greengrinI have given your comment some thought before replying Crops. you try to rip the pish out of any Hibby who in your opinion ,comment with sour grapes at the upsurge in hmfcs fortune. the facts are, that those comments re-blast zone green belt council etc are all relevant in respect of the comments at the time from people in "high" positions,along with the administrator...stating that the dump was hardly worth anything, added to comments from Lord Cumnock (bet he's well thought of doon Auchenleck way) saying that there are massive gap sites in the areas surrounding Gorgie so there is virtually no land value. there are now thousands of new flats and properties just being built and opened to the general market for housing and student accommodation, all over fountainbridge/tollcross/gorgie. what is your real point? does Budge, not see an opportunity to make a lot of dosh if she punts it on to say, Cala? or are you saying that inthese terms of austerity, the council would never ever consider helping the gorgie mob, or are you saying that the conspiriracy theory you try to foust on us, quite slyly, just could not happen? :confused:

Paisley Hibby
27-11-2014, 10:34 PM
Hate to admit it but the atmosphere at Tynecastle (due largely to it being a cramped wee dump) is probably worth quite a few points to them each season, especially against us. I SO want them to leave for a large soulless modern shed stadium stuck in a retail park in the outer limits of West Edinburgh. Can't happen soon enough, ideally before 3 January 2015.

jacomo
27-11-2014, 11:08 PM
Whoosh? :)

:agree:

Whoosh :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2014, 06:56 AM
I have given your comment some thought before replying Crops. you try to rip the pish out of any Hibby who in your opinion ,comment with sour grapes at the upsurge in hmfcs fortune. the facts are, that those comments re-blast zone green belt council etc are all relevant in respect of the comments at the time from people in "high" positions,along with the administrator...stating that the dump was hardly worth anything, added to comments from Lord Cumnock (bet he's well thought of doon Auchenleck way) saying that there are massive gap sites in the areas surrounding Gorgie so there is virtually no land value. there are now thousands of new flats and properties just being built and opened to the general market for housing and student accommodation, all over fountainbridge/tollcross/gorgie. what is your real point? does Budge, not see an opportunity to make a lot of dosh if she punts it on to say, Cala? or are you saying that inthese terms of austerity, the council would never ever consider helping the gorgie mob, or are you saying that the conspiriracy theory you try to foust on us, quite slyly, just could not happen? :confused:

Think you have misunderstood me. I am certainly not trying to rip the pish out of anyone, and I apologise if anyone feels that way.

My post was a, probably feeble, attempt at humour.....the whole question of the value of Tynecastle has been done to a dozen deaths over the past months. My comments were merely rehearsing, in what was meant as a light hearted way, the arguments that will come up again.

That's not a judgement on anyone or anything. All opinions are valid, and now that the questions are back in play, are entitled to be aired.

worcesterhibby
28-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Like it or not Budge seems quite sensible and willing to actually get involved and help the club she supports. If they end up leaving Tynecastle (which I doubt) they will no doubt manage it successfully. No point in dreaming about this causing them problems..they are relatively debt free, playing well and heading for the Top division.

We already have a great Stadium, and our new CEO and Manager are both taking us forward. Let's just hope we are in the top division with them before too long and that we can keep hold of both Stubbs and Dempster for long enough to reap the rewards. I really do think that given time and the financial resources that previous managers have had..Stubbs and Dempster can build a team worthy of the name Hibernian. The we can enjoy humping them in whatever stadium they decide to play in.

GGTTH

Just Alf
28-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Think you have misunderstood me. I am certainly not trying to rip the pish out of anyone, and I apologise if anyone feels that way.

My post was a, probably feeble, attempt at humour.....the whole question of the value of Tynecastle has been done to a dozen deaths over the past months. My comments were merely rehearsing, in what was meant as a light hearted way, the arguments that will come up again.

That's not a judgement on anyone or anything. All opinions are valid, and now that the questions are back in play, are entitled to be aired.

A lot of humour bypasses and whooshes at this time of year.... I reckon it's the Christmas shopping :panic:

greenginger
28-11-2014, 03:43 PM
I see Budge has won an award for the take over and transformation of a listed company.

http://www.instituteforturnaround.com/news/articles/outstanding-business-transformation-and-recovery-recognised-ift-awards

I would have thought the " Listed Company Turnaround Award " would go to a Listed Company.

Vlad delisted them years ago and the shares ain't quoted on any Stock Exchange I know.

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2014, 03:50 PM
I see Budge has won an award for the take over and transformation of a listed company.

http://www.instituteforturnaround.com/news/articles/outstanding-business-transformation-and-recovery-recognised-ift-awards

I would have thought the " Listed Company Turnaround Award " would go to a Listed Company.

Vlad delisted them years ago and the shares ain't quoted on any Stock Exchange I know.

That's bizarre.

They remain a PLC. However, as you say, the shares aren't listed anywhere.

Peevemor
28-11-2014, 03:53 PM

Dear oh dear! She bought a business with a large established client base and most of it's debt written off for a fraction of it's real worth.

greenginger
28-11-2014, 03:58 PM
That's bizarre.

They remain a PLC. However, as you say, the shares aren't listed anywhere.

Furthermore , its meant to be a business award and we've not seen any accounts of the Budge regime . Who knows, they might be overspending and crash again.

The award would look pretty stupid then.

Keith_M
28-11-2014, 04:09 PM

This made me think of the Nobel Peace Prize won by Barak Obama, when he'd only been US President for a few months. He's since failed to pull out of Afghanistan, sent more troops to Iraq and still not delivered on his promise to close Quantanamo Bay.

I realise it's on a different scale entirely but that was the first thing that sprung to mind when I read that.

Albanian Hibs
28-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Hate to admit it but the atmosphere at Tynecastle (due largely to it being a cramped wee dump) is probably worth quite a few points to them each season, especially against us. I SO want them to leave for a large soulless modern shed stadium stuck in a retail park in the outer limits of West Edinburgh. Can't happen soon enough, ideally before 3 January 2015.

The atmosphere from that lot at a derby game is terrible. Boring *******s.

Billy Whizz
28-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Heard Fatty Foulkes on Forth news today, saying that they need a 25,000 seater stadium to get all the Jambos in.
Their stadium will only be 2/3 full on Sunday

KDY Hibs
28-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Heard Fatty Foulkes on Forth news today, saying that they need a 25,000 seater stadium to get all the Jambos in.

Yep, 25,000 seater my arse,vermin.

Aldo
28-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Heard Fatty Foulkes on Forth news today, saying that they need a 25,000 seater stadium to get all the Jambos in. Their stadium will only be 2/3 full on Sunday

No no that was just the main stand/hotel and casino!! ;-)

Bostonhibby
28-11-2014, 07:38 PM
No no that was just the main stand/hotel and casino!! ;-)

More properly known as the megasuperhotelstadium, Pretty sure that's what it said on the pile of cardboard boxes and child like drawings vlad sent to the council to keep the toothless ones on board.

Bostonhibby
28-11-2014, 07:42 PM

Maybe he will pay for it from his expenses?

Yams and someone elses money, they really cant resist it. Thank god he is another one of their own.

Aldo
28-11-2014, 07:45 PM
More properly known as the megasuperhotelstadium, Pretty sure that's what it said on the pile of cardboard boxes and child like drawings vlad sent to the council to keep the toothless ones on board.

Indeed. Couldn't remember the name BH. Cheers for that.

Looks a bit like this

squire
28-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Whether they move to a new stadium or somehow redevelop that hovel, their absolute goal will be to have a capacity of 20,424 which is 1 more than Easter Road.

Big Team, Big Stadium and all that.

Bostonhibby
28-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Indeed. Couldn't remember the name BH. Cheers for that.

Looks a bit like this

believe :wink:

Aldo
28-11-2014, 07:58 PM
believe :wink:

BeLIEve indeed!! ;-)

Peevemor
28-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Whether they move to a new stadium or somehow redevelop that hovel, their absolute goal will be to have a capacity of 20,424 which is 1 more than Easter Road.

Exactly what I was thinking. :agree:

Billy Whizz
28-11-2014, 07:59 PM

We'll fill in the corners if they do that😄

monktonharp
28-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Like it or not Budge seems quite sensible and willing to actually get involved and help the club she supports. If they end up leaving Tynecastle (which I doubt) they will no doubt manage it successfully. No point in dreaming about this causing them problems..they are relatively debt free, playing well and heading for the Top division.

We already have a great Stadium, and our new CEO and Manager are both taking us forward. Let's just hope we are in the top division with them before too long and that we can keep hold of both Stubbs and Dempster for long enough to reap the rewards. I really do think that given time and the financial resources that previous managers have had..Stubbs and Dempster can build a team worthy of the name Hibernian. The we can enjoy humping them in whatever stadium they decide to play in.

GGTTHyou don't live in an Edinburgh council scheme, do you? you happen to mention, that they will manage to successfully exit, if they want to. think you are forgetting exactly how they managed to squirm out of their position of last season.

Danderhall Hibs
29-11-2014, 09:27 AM

That'll 100% be on the requirements list.

emerald green
29-11-2014, 10:54 AM

When did this eejit become a spokesperson for HOMFC? Presumably he was talking in a personal capacity as another slavering Yak?

This is the guy who:

Had to resign as a defence minister :faf: after being convicted of being drunk and disorderly during an incident in which he hit a police officer.

Was criticised for his expenses claims, which included around £45,000 over a period of two years for overnight subsistence to stay in a flat he had inherited!

Along with 54 other public figures, signed an open letter to the Guardian newspaper stating their opposition to Pope Benedict XVI's state visit to the UK.

There's more but I can't be bothered.

Keith_M
29-11-2014, 11:10 AM

You underestimate how petty and Hibs obsesed they are. They're more likely have a capacity of 20,451.

CropleyWasGod
01-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Latest on this....

The company who own Hearts are Sofra Limited who are, apparently, a Listed Company.

.... which still doesn't make Hearts one... :cb

Edit:-

The company awarded was DLA Piper for their work on the turnaround case Hearts of Midlothian Football Club. Therefore they dealt with the club as part of the Listed company Sofra Group.

greenginger
01-12-2014, 08:47 AM
Latest on this....

The company who own Hearts are Sofra Limited who are, apparently, a Listed Company.

.... which still doesn't make Hearts one... :cb

Edit:-

The company awarded was DLA Piper for their work on the turnaround case Hearts of Midlothian Football Club. Therefore they dealt with the club as part of the Listed company Sofra Group.

Sofra :confused: I thought the Budge company that owned Hearts was Bidco 1874.

Budge was a director of listed company SOPRA Group Holdings but resigned in 2008.

CropleyWasGod
01-12-2014, 08:53 AM
Sofra :confused: I thought the Budge company that owned Hearts was Bidco 1874.

Budge was a director of listed company SOPRA Group Holdings but resigned in 2008.

You might be right about Sopra. I was told that originally, then it changed to Sofra. Might have been a typo.

As for the ownership, no scoobie. Bidco 1874 still exists, but it may have transferred its ownership of the Yam shares to Sopra/Sofra.

greenginger
01-12-2014, 09:00 AM
You might be right about Sopra. I was told that originally, then it changed to Sofra. Might have been a typo.

As for the ownership, no scoobie. Bidco 1874 still exists, but it may have transferred its ownership of the Yam shares to Sopra/Sofra.

Not a chuckie Green switcheroo ! is this info reliable ? if so definitely needs a bit of investigation. :cb

Alan62
01-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Sopra is the French owned IT consultancy that bought Anne Budge's business. Sofra is a chain of Turkish restaurants.

brog
01-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Sopra is the French owned IT consultancy that bought Anne Budge's business. Sofra is a chain of Turkish restaurants.

Jeez, Yams must have been in even more of a Mezze than we thought!

CropleyWasGod
01-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Not a chuckie Green switcheroo ! is this info reliable ? if so definitely needs a bit of investigation. :cb

If the shares have been sold on, it's different from the Rangers situation. In the latter, it was the assets that were sold on. In Hearts case, it's the ownership. I don't see an issue with that.

The info came from the "Institute for Turnaround".

greenginger
01-12-2014, 09:16 AM
If the shares have been sold on, it's different from the Rangers situation. In the latter, it was the assets that were sold on. In Hearts case, it's the ownership. I don't see an issue with that.

The info came from the "Institute for Turnaround".

Has FoH, who are pumping money into the Yams , not got a deal with Bidco 1874 that they get to buy the Club for the £ 2.5 million + interest in a couple of years time ?

Keith_M
01-12-2014, 09:42 AM

OK then, how about SOFA (as in 'lost the Poppy money down the back of the ...')

CropleyWasGod
01-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Has FoH, who are pumping money into the Yams , not got a deal with Bidco 1874 that they get to buy the Club for the £ 2.5 million + interest in a couple of years time ?
Probably replaced the initial deal with a revised one.

That said, I'm not sure I would put much credence on that organisation, given the ambiguity of their statements.

worcesterhibby
01-12-2014, 09:56 PM
you don't live in an Edinburgh council scheme, do you? you happen to mention, that they will manage to successfully exit, if they want to. think you are forgetting exactly how they managed to squirm out of their position of last season.

No strangely enough I live in Worcester and not in a council house either.

I suppose I have just given up believing there will ever be justice when it comes to the Gorgie mob..so I'd rather not get my hopes up that their stadium issue will really cause them serious problems.

greenginger
01-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Probably replaced the initial deal with a revised one.

That said, I'm not sure I would put much credence on that organisation, given the ambiguity of their statements.

Found the bit about the Institute for Turnaround award for Budge,

But can't see anything about Sofra or Sopra now owning Hearts. I think everyone assumed Bidco 1874 were running the show at Tynie.

CropleyWasGod
01-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Found the bit about the Institute for Turnaround award for Budge,

But can't see anything about Sofra or Sopra now owning Hearts. I think everyone assumed Bidco 1874 were running the show at Tynie.
Now that is definitely not what the IFT said earlier today. (see above)

Bizarre.

CropleyWasGod
01-12-2014, 10:17 PM
OK then, how about SOFA (as in 'lost the Poppy money down the back of the ...')
Couched in those terms, you might be right.

greenginger
01-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Now that is definitely not what the IFT said earlier today. (see above)

Bizarre.

So, did the IFT get it wrong and correct things, or has Budge been on to say for god's sake don't let the simple people ( Vlad's description ) know. I need their D.D.'s to FoH to keep the ship afloat.

jacomo
01-12-2014, 10:34 PM
When did this eejit become a spokesperson for HOMFC? Presumably he was talking in a personal capacity as another slavering Yak?

This is the guy who:

Had to resign as a defence minister :faf: after being convicted of being drunk and disorderly during an incident in which he hit a police officer.

Was criticised for his expenses claims, which included around £45,000 over a period of two years for overnight subsistence to stay in a flat he had inherited!

Along with 54 other public figures, signed an open letter to the Guardian newspaper stating their opposition to Pope Benedict XVI's state visit to the UK.

There's more but I can't be bothered.

Even the Yammish horde are embarrassed by him these days. He's always speaking in a 'personal capacity'.

greenginger
01-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Another peculiar thing about the Yam shares is there has been no up to date annual return and statement of capital made to Companies House.

The last one was made by the Liths back in 2012 and the current one is way overdue. A set of accounts was submitted for the year to 2013 but no up to date Return , which should just be a 5 minute job.

Very strange.

Mixu62
01-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Jeez, Yams must have been in even more of a Mezze than we thought!

That's just pita-ful.