PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan - How far can he go?

Unseen work
24-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Might be going a bit fast here as hes not even been here half a season, but what does everyone think?

He has already played the lower divisions in england but never seemed to settle.

He seems very keen and enthusiastic to try england again and play at the highest level but at the same time he is loving life here playing every week and getting on with the players and staff.

2 of the goals on saturday was out of his pure skill in tight areas to find a extra yard through a turn and put it on a plate for a team mate, something he does numerous times a game!

Personally cant see him being here next season unfortunatley, as for how far can he go? i think he can play premiership. he was signed by wba when they were in the prem and he is 10x the player now, especially when you see some scottish players playing in the premiership he should aim for that and the national team imo, terrific player

PatHead
24-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Just hope we keep him past January

Hibernia&Alba
24-11-2014, 09:46 PM
If he continues improving, you just know the Celtc talk will start.

Vini1875
24-11-2014, 09:48 PM
While I think he is an excellent talent, he still only shows it over 60 minutes tops. He drops out of games which is probably part of the reson he is where he is at the moment. Skill is not his problem maybe he has a bit to go in mental fitness/toughness.

wazoo1875
24-11-2014, 10:08 PM
As long as he makes it to alloa on Saturday I'll be happy 👍

Sir David Gray
24-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Possibly the best player in the Championship right now.

If we don't get promoted this season then I can't see him staying beyond next summer. Even if we do get promoted, someone of his standard should really be looking to play at a decent level in England.

He's a joy to watch at times.

Michael
24-11-2014, 10:14 PM
We've not had the luxury of worrying about losing a player (loans exempt) for years. Things are looking up.

erin-go-bragh87
24-11-2014, 10:27 PM
How long is his contract? Just 1 year?

Unseen work
24-11-2014, 10:27 PM

2 year deal!

Sir David Gray
24-11-2014, 10:28 PM

2 years.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Getting him on a 2 yr deal was an incredible piece of business. When I first heard the rumour in the summer, I thought it would be a one yr deal. Was delighted at the time and even happier now

Ronniekirk
24-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Possibly the best player in the Championship right now.

If we don't get promoted this season then I can't see him staying beyond next summer. Even if we do get promoted, someone of his standard should really be looking to play at a decent level in England.

He's a joy to watch at times.

He said when he came to us he wanted another oppertunity to play down south ,and prove himself .So I think he will see out season with us and look at options next summer .If we don't get promoted he will Defo be off . However as on two year contract he will be our most sellable assett and on current form I think we could hold out for serious money ,but on current form he is irreplaceable so I will be going to as many games as I can just to watch him .

matty_f
24-11-2014, 11:08 PM
He definitely is the best player on the Championship IMHO. I hope Hibs are talking to him soon about extending his contract.

3pm
25-11-2014, 06:45 AM
He definitely is the best player on the Championship IMHO. I hope Hibs are talking to him soon about extending his contract.

Without a doubt.

The Jambos don't like hearing that though.

Libby Hibby
25-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Brilliant player but let's not talk too loudly about him and we may keep the vultures away!!!

Hermit Crab
25-11-2014, 07:04 AM
Brilliant player but let's not talk too loudly about him and we may keep the vultures away!!!

Teams already know about him. Scouts from English clubs have been at Easter rd all season. Last week it was west brom at the qos game but I doubt they would be looking at him again. Maybe watching Stanton.

Ken
25-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Already I would put a value of £1m per year left on his contract so just over £1.5m and that's after just a 3rd of the season. If he's even hinted at the possibility of signing a contract extension we should do it now and give him an increase, although if he wants to move and not sign an extension we should just enjoy him while we can. Best midfielder I've seen at Easter Road in a long time

R11Loaded
25-11-2014, 08:11 AM
The boy is fantastic, it's a shame Mcgeouch got injured because he's also very very good. And his contract is up in the summer

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

GreenPJ
25-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Allan is a real talent, McGeogh is not far behind albeit a different type of player and I do rate Stanton. Accompany that with Robertson finding form in the deeper midfield role then I think we have a great midfield for the SPL never mind the Championship our only problem is they are all better suited at a central role and we don't have that same quality in the wider positions plus you can't accomodate all 4 in their best positions at the same time.

As has been said we should enjoy Allan for as long as we have got him and just hope that when he does go its to England or abroad.

R11Loaded
25-11-2014, 08:27 AM
With regards to Stanton I hope he takes a load of confidence from what was a cracking finish, this season he hasn't been great in the first team but that can change

Thecat23
25-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Gone in the summer if we don't go up! The boy is superb he really is. Not seen a player like him since Scott Brown. He has bossed nearly every game he's played bar first couple.

Libby Hibby
25-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Teams already know about him. Scouts from English clubs have been at Easter rd all season. Last week it was west brom at the qos game but I doubt they would be looking at him again. Maybe watching Stanton.

We can only live in hope he stays beyond his 2 years but he is a class act and too good for the Championship and perhaps the SPFL, we should enjoy him whilst he is playing for us and hopefully when he leaves, it is too a bigger club down south that will help improve him as a player and net us a few bob in the process, good piece of business by the club on this one.

TheFamous1875
25-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Ideally, we'll get promoted this year, Allan will extend his contract and we'll get a million or so for him from a team down South at sometime next year :thumbsup:

PeeJay
25-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Might be going a bit fast here as hes not even been here half a season, but what does everyone think?

He has already played the lower divisions in england but never seemed to settle.

He seems very keen and enthusiastic to try england again and play at the highest level but at the same time he is loving life here playing every week and getting on with the players and staff.

2 of the goals on saturday was out of his pure skill in tight areas to find a extra yard through a turn and put it on a plate for a team mate, something he does numerous times a game!

Personally cant see him being here next season unfortunatley, as for how far can he go? i think he can play premiership. he was signed by wba when they were in the prem and he is 10x the player now, especially when you see some scottish players playing in the premiership he should aim for that and the national team imo, terrific player

Not convinced yet myself - he's played a few decent games in the Scottish Championship against - let's be honest - poor opposition and although you seem to think he is good enough for the EPL ... that's some leap - maybe best to wait and see. He has to prove himself consistently against better teams that he is currently playing against before there can be any talk of him being good enough for the EPL, surely?

3pm
25-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Gone in the summer if we don't go up! The boy is superb he really is. Not seen a player like him since Scott Brown. He has bossed nearly every game he's played bar first couple.

Is that an opinion or is that the word on the street?

ancient hibee
25-11-2014, 05:11 PM
People should get real -he's a good player at the level we're playing at.He has already failed down south.The idea that English clubs are queuing up to sign him is rubbish-if there was nobody chasing Scotland's captain it's pretty certain there's not much interest in someone playing for a team 4th in the Scottish Championship.

3pm
25-11-2014, 05:14 PM
People should get real -he's a good player at the level we're playing at.He has already failed down south.The idea that English clubs are queuing up to sign him is rubbish-if there was nobody chasing Scotland's captain it's pretty certain there's not much interest in someone playing for a team 4th in the Scottish Championship.

Was your dinner burnt tonight?

ancient hibee
25-11-2014, 05:15 PM

Just stating the obvious.A few good games in a league of abysmal standard and the guy's a world beater.He's a good player but has a long way to go.

Libby Hibby
25-11-2014, 05:36 PM

:faf:

Hibeesmad
25-11-2014, 05:37 PM
I just hope Hibs sit him down and explain to him that he's an exceptional talent and get him to sign a new 3/4 year deal so we can make a bit of money out of him!

johnbc70
25-11-2014, 05:40 PM
If we fail to go up the first bid of £100K will see him leave. We need to go up and give him a new deal.

Hermit Crab
25-11-2014, 07:29 PM
If we fail to go up the first bid of £100K will see him leave. We need to go up and give him a new deal.

No chance. Anyway, who says he will leave if we don't get promoted, he might be enjoying his football so much that he'll stay another year.

bigwheel
25-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Just stating the obvious.A few good games in a league of abysmal standard and the guy's a world beater.He's a good player but has a long way to go.

Seriously? Have you actually spent time and watched him...his movement, ability to move past a player and imagination...is as good as I've seen at ER for many years...yes, it's early in his time, but what a top talent.. if he gets his head down and keeps himself free of other distractions - he could have a strong career...

Thecat23
25-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Is that an opinion or is that the word on the street?

Just something I was told mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
25-11-2014, 07:54 PM

That's rubbish, he was very good at Utd and also highly rated down south. Just because he's came to us and is in this league doesn't make him any less a player. We have a player who'd walk into any side in Scotland!!

Boyle89
25-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Future scotland midfielder for sure. He could go as far as he wants to.

johnbc70
25-11-2014, 08:09 PM
No chance. Anyway, who says he will leave if we don't get promoted, he might be enjoying his football so much that he'll stay another year.

Have you ever heard a SPL championship player going for more?

I hope your right and he does stay but its a risk for him, if he is playing well and is sought after he will likley move.

Swedish hibee
25-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Not convinced yet myself - he's played a few decent games in the Scottish Championship against - let's be honest - poor opposition and although you seem to think he is good enough for the EPL ... that's some leap - maybe best to wait and see. He has to prove himself consistently against better teams that he is currently playing against before there can be any talk of him being good enough for the EPL, surely?

:confused: Are you watching what I'm watching? He's a complete joy to watch.

McIntosh
25-11-2014, 08:31 PM
He is the best football player in this league by a nautical mile!!!! As for the future as far as he wants - skill in abundance.

Hermit Crab
25-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Have you ever heard a SPL championship player going for more?

I hope your right and he does stay but its a risk for him, if he is playing well and is sought after he will likley move.

How much did the lads from Hamilton head south for?

scoopyboy
25-11-2014, 08:58 PM

He was the best player on the park by a mile when we played Dundee Utd, who are not a Championship side.

bingo70
25-11-2014, 09:10 PM
How much did the lads from Hamilton head south for?

Were they not spl at the time?

johnbc70
25-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Were they not spl at the time?

Yes they were.

Penicuik Hibee
25-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Earlier in the season he looked unfit and ordinary. Suddenly in the last few weeks he looks a class above anything we have at ER and in general in the scottish game. Watched Partick v Sheep and there was no-one in either game who could control the game like Scott. He needs to continue to produce over the coming weeks and months but there is no doubt there is huge talent there if he knuckles down and continues to progress.
But while there will be others interested, he has to remember he has only just started to produce at a club which compliments his style of play and allows him to be the main man.
Hopefully he realises he is a star at Hibs but part of that is How the manager and the set up is built around him. Look at Leigh at tic - stick with us Scott. Stubbs style of play is good got you and you are definitely good for us

silverhibee
25-11-2014, 11:35 PM

Not in the Championship he won't, if we don't get promoted this season then a few of the good players we have will want away in the summer.imo

macd123
26-11-2014, 12:59 AM

Unless they go bankrupt again or don't get promoted i would be amazed if rangers don't bid for him. I don't want to start the whole scott brown debate but i hope his career takes him further than ibrox or celtic park.

jacomo
26-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Not in the Championship he won't, if we don't get promoted this season then a few of the good players we have will want away in the summer.imo

:agree:

This has to be a big risk. I like the chat from AS about building a long term project at Hibs but if we can't match his ambitions then why would he stay in the Scottish 2nd tier? We simply have to get out of this league!

PeeJay
26-11-2014, 12:50 PM
:confused: Are you watching what I'm watching? He's a complete joy to watch.

Do you really feel a few decent performances in the Championship warrant the offer of a contract at an EPL club?

Well, if you're right, Chelsea or some similar club will soon snatch him away from under our noses - unless he is of course finding it a complete joy to play in the Championship where we may well still be next season, that is.

FWIW, I find nothing joyous about the Championship, unlike your good self.

I'm not always "watching" BTW - being a HIBS TV subscriber most live video feeds are audio only ....:rolleyes:

patlowe
26-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Do you really feel a few decent performances in the Championship warrant the offer of a contract at an EPL club?

Well, if you're right, Chelsea or some similar club will soon snatch him away from under our noses - unless he is of course finding it a complete joy to play in the Championship where we may well still be next season, that is.

FWIW, I find nothing joyous about the Championship, unlike your good self.

I'm not always "watching" BTW - being a HIBS TV subscriber most live video feeds are audio only ....:rolleyes:

It's perfectly possible to find joy in the most unpleasant of circumstances. :agree:

As for Allan, it is utterly, blatantly apparent from watching him that he is at least a couple of rungs above what we've been used to in recent years in terms of sheer talent and imagination. Whether that means he makes it to where he ultimately should be is dependent on him. If he keeps his head down and continues to produce then he'll make it to a high level, that's clear. If he doesn't then he'll continue to float from club to club and never reach his potential.

PeeJay
26-11-2014, 02:34 PM
It's perfectly possible to find joy in the most unpleasant of circumstances. :agree:

This is undoubtedly true - I guess

... as to Allan, he's a decent player, I just wonder at the blatant lack of any perspective amongst some HIbs fans on here - hope he goes on to prove me wrong!

silverhibee
26-11-2014, 03:52 PM
:agree:

This has to be a big risk. I like the chat from AS about building a long term project at Hibs but if we can't match his ambitions then why would he stay in the Scottish 2nd tier? We simply have to get out of this league!

If The Rangers and the yams go up this season then the Championship won't be the big pull for punters TV/Media it has been this season, with possibly St Mirren dropping down for next season it will be a nightmare to attract players to the club and the decent players we do have will want away at the end of the summer, nobody will care about the Championship next season, it is a must that we get promoted this season, another season in this league for Huns, diet huns or us will be a disaster, and only two can go up, we need to make sure we are one of the two.

HibbyAndy
26-11-2014, 04:06 PM
If The Rangers and the yams go up this season then the Championship won't be the big pull for punters TV/Media it has been this season, with possibly St Mirren dropping down for next season it will be a nightmare to attract players to the club and the decent players we do have will want away at the end of the summer, nobody will care about the Championship next season, it is a must that we get promoted this season, another season in this league for Huns, diet huns or us will be a disaster, and only two can go up, we need to make sure we are one of the two.

IMO Silver we are down here for 2 seasons..Hearts & Huns are up, Again IMO.

You have a very valid point about attracting players but we we will have the biggest budget next season i'd imagine, Might not get the best players in the world but should get players than any other team in that league.

Hibs back up in 2 seasons for me.

ancient hibee
26-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Seriously? Have you actually spent time and watched him...his movement, ability to move past a player and imagination...is as good as I've seen at ER for many years...yes, it's early in his time, but what a top talent.. if he gets his head down and keeps himself free of other distractions - he could have a strong career...

Everyone says he's a cut above the other players in this league and they're right.The reason is that most of the players in this league are hopeless -that's why they're playing in it.Given that surely he can only be fully judged when he's playing at a higher standard.He did not play well down south-that's why he's up here surely.Hopefully Stubbs can take him on to the next level.He should keep his head down -let's hope he doesn't believe everybody telling him he's a great player.

ancient hibee
26-11-2014, 06:41 PM
That's rubbish, he was very good at Utd and also highly rated down south. Just because he's came to us and is in this league doesn't make him any less a player. We have a player who'd walk into any side in Scotland!!

If he was highly rated down south why isn't he still there?

Thecat23
26-11-2014, 06:43 PM
If he was highly rated down south why isn't he still there?

Many players are highly rated and don't play for their teams in England. He wanted to move back here and we offered him a deal.

I'm honestly shocked at your comment I really am. Amazing how we as fans see players differently. I personally think he'll go on and play for Scotland and have a good career.

bigwheel
26-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Everyone says he's a cut above the other players in this league and they're right.The reason is that most of the players in this league are hopeless -that's why they're playing in it.Given that surely he can only be fully judged when he's playing at a higher standard.He did not play well down south-that's why he's up here surely.Hopefully Stubbs can take him on to the next level.He should keep his head down -let's hope he doesn't believe everybody telling him he's a great player.

What a ridiculous generalisation. It's the same league that james McCarthy , james MacArthur , Graeme dorrans , Leigh griffiths , Robert snodgrass came from - did they only become quality when they left the league ? Quality can be assessed by how you play , not just by who you play against

emerald green
26-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Lets just kid on he's gash and keep the vultures away. :wink:

Seriously though, as others have said, the danger is Hibs could lose Allan (and possibly others) if we don't get out of this league.

Even if we do get promotion at the end of this season, it's not a given Hibs can keep any particular player if the appropriate offer comes along. I was listening to the Celtic manager on TV earlier this evening expressing his concern that he could lose Commons.

ancient hibee
26-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Many players are highly rated and don't play for their teams in England. He wanted to move back here and we offered him a deal.

I'm honestly shocked at your comment I really am. Amazing how we as fans see players differently. I personally think he'll go on and play for Scotland and have a good career.

As usual when someone has a different opinion on here people then comment without actually taking in what has been said.I think he's a good player and could turn into an exceptional player but it has to be realised that he's playing against a mainly poor standard and is not yet at the level many on here think.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Handshake then a clip round the ear... No wonder some players can't get a sense of where they are with the support...

ancient hibee
26-11-2014, 06:56 PM
What a ridiculous generalisation. It's the same league that james McCarthy , james MacArthur , Graeme dorrans , Leigh griffiths , Robert snodgrass came from - did they only become quality when they left the league ? Quality can be assessed by how you play , not just by who you play against

So five players over five years contradict the idea that most of the players in this league are poor?You really don't think that playing against a poorer standard might make a player look better than he is?

Thecat23
26-11-2014, 07:01 PM
As usual when someone has a different opinion on here people then comment without actually taking in what has been said.I think he's a good player and could turn into an exceptional player but it has to be realised that he's playing against a mainly poor standard and is not yet at the level many on here think.

Ah right, sorry if I have picked you up wrong. Granted he's playing against poorer players but you can't hide class no matter who you are playing. But I see what you are trying to say 👍

The_Horde
26-11-2014, 10:19 PM
Then again he was phenomenal against dundee utd.. Probably his best game for us so far.

matty_f
26-11-2014, 11:05 PM
I don't get this desire to downplay our players. It's as clear as anything that Scott Allan is a good player. He's standing out in this division and is clearly capable of playing at a higher level.

When you've got Calum Patterson and Lewis McLoud getting into the Scotland squad, we've every right to talk up Scott Allan.

lord bunberry
27-11-2014, 08:06 AM
IMO Silver we are down here for 2 seasons..Hearts & Huns are up, Again IMO.

You have a very valid point about attracting players but we we will have the biggest budget next season i'd imagine, Might not get the best players in the world but should get players than any other team in that league.

Hibs back up in 2 seasons for me.
What makes you so sure that we will be down for 2 seasons? I'm more confident than I've ever been that we'll go up this season, we've nothing to fear from anyone in this league or the bottom of the premier. I'm not saying we'll definitely go up, but I can't understand how you think we definitely won't.

HibbyAndy
27-11-2014, 09:19 AM
What makes you so sure that we will be down for 2 seasons? I'm more confident than I've ever been that we'll go up this season, we've nothing to fear from anyone in this league or the bottom of the premier. I'm not saying we'll definitely go up, but I can't understand how you think we definitely won't.

The fact that Hearts are miles ahead of us and we would need to get past 6 games to get into the SPL IF we finish 4th or higher..We wont be going up this season, Again imo, But i see no reason why we cant win the league next season with the Diets out the way.

lord bunberry
27-11-2014, 10:48 AM
The fact that Hearts are miles ahead of us and we would need to get past 6 games to get into the SPL IF we finish 4th or higher..We wont be going up this season, Again imo, But i see no reason why we cant win the league next season with the Diets out the way.

If we finish 2nd we would only need to play 4

HibbyAndy
27-11-2014, 10:58 AM
If we finish 2nd we would only need to play 4

Fair point :greengrin

Still a tall order but would ****ing love to get back at the first attempt!

R11Loaded
28-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Happy 23rd Scott!

jacomo
28-11-2014, 03:02 PM

**** that. No talk of another season in this Division please.