PDA

View Full Version : Worst Hibs 11 since 2000

23-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Just for a bit of fun and discussion, what would be your worst hibs 11 since the millennium?

Pretty Boy
23-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Malkowski

Hart
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Zarabi

Soares
Kerr
Keenan
O'Brien

Agogo
O'Donovan

Stewboy
23-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Doherty????

Was he the right back in the 5-1? If so he has to be in

Viva_Palmeiras
23-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Fun?!

Pretty Boy
23-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Doherty????

Was he the right back in the 5-1? If so he has to be in

To be fair to Doherty I never thought he was that bad a player.

Total welt of a person but a reasonable player. We've had worse.

Hibeesmad
Trakys is one of the worst players I have ever seen play for Hibs

Sir David Gray
Malkowski

Hart
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Zarabi

Soares
Kerr
Keenan
O'Brien

Agogo
O'Donovan

Thanks for helping to bring my tea back up.

Hiber-nation
23-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Malkowski

Hart
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Zarabi

Soares
Kerr
Keenan
O'Brien

Agogo
O'Donovan

Konte for O'Donovan. Maybe Thornhill for Soares. And possibly Danny Haynes for Agogo. Close though.

TheFamous1875
23-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Zibi.

Gathussi. Stephens. Murdock. Kujabi.

Kerr. O'Brien. Wiss. Vine.

Konte. Kuqi.

23-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Malkowski

Hart
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Zarabi

Soares
Kerr
Keenan
O'Brien

Agogo
O'Donovan

Oh hell that is an absolutely brutal team!

Billychaotic182
23-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Caig

Docherty
Murdoch
O'Hanlon
Zarabi

O'Brian
Chisholm
Kerr
Craig (last seasons form hope he turns it round)

Konte
Morrow

Pretty Boy
23-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Konte for O'Donovan. Maybe Thornhill for Soares. And possibly Danny Haynes for Agogo. Close though.

Danny Haynes.

I'd completely forgotten about him. What a waste of time he was.

Michael
23-11-2014, 08:00 PM
I had a go at this, but was struggling for RM...lead to this...

Can anyone remember this guy? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dénes_Rósa

Apparently made 12 appearances? Was he any good?

Pretty Boy
23-11-2014, 08:03 PM

He'd be nowehere near a worst team of the last few years imo.

hibee92
23-11-2014, 08:03 PM

Left foot was a wand. Can remember all the rumours of Hearts signing him on a pre-contract, turned out to be nonsense.

Andy74
23-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Trakys is one of the worst players I have ever seen play for Hibs

Have you seen more than a handful of games?

Trakys only played about 3 times and a couple of those he had brilliant all round centre forward performances.

Obviously wasnt fit and didn't play much but you statement is crazy!

Andy74
23-11-2014, 08:06 PM
To be fair to Doherty I never thought he was that bad a player.

Total welt of a person but a reasonable player. We've had worse.

Doherty is one of the better right backs we've had in recent years.

Northernhibee
23-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Graeme Smith

Michael Hart
Sean O'Hanlon
James McPake
Pa Saikou Kujabi

Edwin De Graaf
Alan O'Brien
Brian Kerr
Matty Done

Shefki Kuqi
Eduardo Hurtado

Subs:
Zibi
David Stephens
Matt Doherty
Richie Towell
Matt Thornhill
Daryll Duffy
Roy O'Donovan

Management: Terry Butcher with Colin Calderwood as assistant

BSEJVT
23-11-2014, 08:09 PM
I think the only thing that this thread shows is that folk see players differently, my only guess is that peoples worst 11's are a barometer of when they stopped watching Hibs.

There are IMO at least half a dozen players named from earlier on that are nowhere near worst 11 material.

IMO Gatheussi, Murdock, Wiss, Trakys, McPake, Kerr, Chisholm & Morrow are nowhere near the worst 11 hibs players I have seen.

I always had a bit of a soft spot for Konte as well, probably because by comparison to what was around him at the time he was like a fish out of water, but he still would not make my worst ever 11.

Tricla
23-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Caig

Docherty
Murdoch
O'Hanlon
Zarabi

O'Brian
Chisholm
Kerr
Craig (last seasons form hope he turns it round)

Konte
Morrow

You can't think of worse midfielders that Craig?! He was good for the first half of last season too. Was top scorer for a bit was he not?

He's had a prolonged dip in form but is nowhere near inclusion in a worst Hibs 11.

_hucks_
23-11-2014, 08:10 PM

Trakys only played about 3 times and a couple of those he had brilliant all round centre forward performances.

He had 1 good game when we pumped rangers 3-0 at Ibrox, but we do that all the time so you can hardly read anything into it...

Bronson
23-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Graeme Smith

Michael Hart
Sean O'Hanlon
James McPake
Pa Saikou Kujabi

Edwin De Graaf
Alan O'Brien
Brian Kerr
Matty Done

Shefki Kuqi
Eduardo Hurtado

Subs:
Zibi
David Stephens
Matt Doherty
Richie Towell
Matt Thornhill
Daryll Duffy
Roy O'Donovan

Are you ill?

Northernhibee
23-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Are you ill?

After he wasn't fighting for his contract when on loan he did **** all for us. Awful positioning. Don't understand the love in for him because otherwise he was as big a wage thief as any of the scapegoats that had the accusation aimed at them.

Glad to see the back of him in a Hibs shirt.

Bronson
23-11-2014, 08:15 PM
After he wasn't fighting for his contract when on loan he did **** all for us. Awful positioning. Don't understand the love in for him because otherwise he was as big a wage thief as any of the scapegoats that had the accusation aimed at them.

Glad to see the back of him in a Hibs shirt.

If it wasn't for him we'd have went down in the 2011/12 season. The guy has some demons with injuries but by no means a bad player.

Northernhibee
23-11-2014, 08:17 PM
If it wasn't for him we'd have went down in the 2011/12 season. The guy has some demons with injuries but by no means a bad player.

At least two of the goals in the cup final should have been prevented by him. Fragile as anything, lost us the derby single handedly that saw Pat Fenlon out the door, cost us countless goals with piss poor defending - as bad as I've seen. If you're having Sean O'Hanlon in the list (who in the odd game showed what he can do - against the sheep at Pittodrie springs to mind) then he falls right into the same catagory with probably just as many if not more clangers.

Holmesdale Hibs
23-11-2014, 08:18 PM

He was ok from what I can remember. Nothing special but we've had a lot worse.

23-11-2014, 08:23 PM

Did he not set up Fletchers goal in the derby at ER?

Diclonius
23-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Malkowski

Hart O'Hanlon Nelson Zarabi

Done de Graaf Soares O'Brien

Collins Vine

Bronson
23-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Zibi

Hart
Stephens
Boateng
McGivern

O'Brien
Kerr
De Graaf

Konte
Vine
Agogo

Special places on the bench for:

Graeme Smith
Pinau
Keenan
O'Donovan
Gathuessi

23-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Malkowski

Collins Vine

I agree with Vine but Collins definitely is not the worst CF since the turn of the millennium.

Billychaotic182
23-11-2014, 08:38 PM
You can't think of worse midfielders that Craig?! He was good for the first half of last season too. Was top scorer for a bit was he not?

He's had a prolonged dip in form but is nowhere near inclusion in a worst Hibs 11.

Captian of a team that got relagated

DAVE1875
23-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Graeme Smith

Michael Hart
Sean O'Hanlon
Toss up between Daniel Boateng or David Stephens
Pa Kujabi

Edwin de Graaf
Matt Thornhill
Alan O'Brien

Valdas Trakys
Rowan Vine
Shefki Kuqi

Manager: Butcher

Sad thing is you'd probably win the Premiership on FM with that team

hibeemikey21
23-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Zibbi

Edge
Murdock
Stephens
Hart

Done
Thornhill
Obrien
Chisholm

Campbell
Kuqi

Horrendous.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2014, 09:00 PM

Would George Stewart and Jackie MacNamara be in some worst XIs then?

Hibernia&Alba
23-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Some of the teams mentioned are great shouts and could make grown men cry like babies. Imagine paying to watch any of those teams :-D

So many names to forget - Vine, Kerr, Kujabi, Agogo, Kuqi. Dear God, painful memories. I need a lie down.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Zibbi

Edge
Murdock
Stephens
Hart

Done
Thornhill
Obrien
Chisholm

Campbell
Kuqi

Horrendous.

Ross Campbell? Christ that's harsh.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2014, 09:06 PM

3 0 at Ibrox if I recall right and maybe a good all round performance v Motherwell in a narrow win?

leither17
23-11-2014, 09:21 PM
HKT is nowhere near if only for his goal against Celtic in the boruc meltdown game I'm sure?

Billychaotic182
23-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Would George Stewart and Jackie MacNamara be in some worst XIs then?

The title said 2000 onwards. They didn't play then. This was my team don't like it then that's fine. Craig last season for me was the worst hibs Captian I've seen in that time. No fight, no heart, no bottle. So yes he is in my team

Smartie
23-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Malkowski

Hart
Murdock
McGivern
Kujabi

Soares
De Graaf
Thornhill
O'Brien

Vine
Kuqi

Minging. Special mention to Agogo who should really be in there too. It would have been horrible to think that when he was playing for us that it was about to get even worse as we were yet to see Vine, Kuqi and James Collins.

Mullen was arguably worse for us than Hart too, but he gets away with it because he was just a kid who was horribly hung out to dry by Fenlon.

Certainly plenty to choose from.

snooky
23-11-2014, 09:56 PM
What's really scary about this thread is that apart from a few exceptions, every one of the players mentioned is deservedly in the worst XI.
How many players are there in total? 20-25?
That's one hellova total of huddies for one team to sign within 13 years.
BTW, how many exceptionally good signings were there in comparison?

23-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Ross Campbell? Christ that's harsh.

wouldn't put him in the worst team 11 ever but he seemed to think that after his goal at tynie he had made it. Scored a great goal in an important game but did absolutely nothing other than that. Seemed to think he was a bit of a big shot after that.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2014, 10:04 PM
wouldn't put him in the worst team 11 ever but he seemed to think that after his goal at tynie he had made it. Scored a great goal in an important game but did absolutely nothing other than that. Seemed to think he was a bit of a big shot after that.

Are you confusing Ross Campbell and Ross Caldwell?

Sir David Gray
23-11-2014, 10:07 PM

Must be.

Ross Campbell never scored for Hibs.

Jonnyboy
23-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Must be.

Except in a pre season friendly at ER :wink:

Baader
23-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Sadly too many to choose from. We could probably fill Hackney Marshes with worst Hibs 11s v worst Hibs 11s... Since 2000!

The Tubs
23-11-2014, 10:15 PM

So was yogi.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Must be.

I think I recall a goal v Falkirk midweek away? Stand to be corrected. Still ridiculously harsh to have him anywhere near a worst XI.Same goes for Ross Caldwell to be honest. ***** thread really.

Mibbes Aye
23-11-2014, 10:19 PM

Think we got him on a trial of sorts. Can't remember if it was his debut for us but he played against Celtc, came on as a sub I think. We lost 3-1 but it was a case of conceding two in the first first ten minutes then we went on to play tremendously, some of the best football I've seen us play in recent years. Thicot played centre midfield and was outstanding although in part we benefitted from them playing a formation that focused on getting the ball out wide to either flank, whereas Mixu had us working it through the middle via Bamba and Thicot, with Rankin doing the legwork.

Rosa had a cracking chance when he came on, peeled away from his man and shot from really far out, hit the bar or post IIRC, Boruc was nowhere. He looked sharp and technically very good, attacking midfielder kind of role, but just seemed to fade out of things at ER.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2014, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=Billychaotic182;4232826]The title said 2000 onwards. They didn't play then. This was my team don't like it then that's fine. Craig last season for me was the worst hibs Captian I've seen in that time. No fight, no heart, no bottle. So yes he is in my team[/QUOTE

But your qualification was captaining a team to relegation gets him in. He was miles away from being our worst performer last year.
Like to see you offer this argument to the two names I offered you.

Diclonius
23-11-2014, 10:29 PM
I agree with Vine but Collins definitely is not the worst CF since the turn of the millennium.

The amount of chances he missed in big games contributed significantly to us eventually being relegated. He isn't perhaps the worst technically but he definitely had one of the worst impacts.

Sir David Gray
23-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Except in a pre season friendly at ER :wink:

OK Mr Pedant!

I'm sorry that I forgot to include the word "competitive". :wink:

I think I recall a goal v Falkirk midweek away? Stand to be corrected. Still ridiculously harsh to have him anywhere near a worst XI.Same goes for Ross Caldwell to be honest. ***** thread really.

As above, he may have scored in a friendly match but he never scored a competitive goal for the Hibs first team.

hibeemikey21
23-11-2014, 10:50 PM

Don't see how it's unfair. What is the whole point of this thread??

Ross Campbell was so ineffectual it was untrue. I gather he was a relative youngster, but I knew he would never make it in any way, shape or form as a pro footballer. He was also given a fair few starts.

The fact he has completely dropped out the game suggests that he was not up to scratch.

And no-one mentioned ross caldwell, so stop getting your knickers in a twist about him!

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2014, 11:12 PM
Malkowski

Hart
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Zarabi

Soares
Kerr
Keenan
O'Brien

Agogo
O'Donovan

Decent stab but why is the underrated footballing genius that is Tom Soares in the line up?

lord bunberry
23-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Kuqi is without doubt the biggest embarrassment we ever signed, he was so far past his best it was a joke.

GreenOnions
23-11-2014, 11:26 PM
Looks like some have blotted out last season and some of the truly awful performances served up. I really think some of the team that got us relegated must, almost by definition, be in this team. I'm going to include the two who were (IMO, of course) amongst the most glaringly out of their depth:

Malkowski

Gatheussi
Stephens
Nelson
McGivern

Done
Chisholm
Soares
O'Donovan

Agogo
Vine

Hibernia&Alba
23-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Right then, so which of the comedians mentioned gets the wooden spoon as Hibs' single worst player of the twenty-first century so far? :-D

SteveHFC
23-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Malkowski

Doherty
O'Hanlon
Stephens
McGivern

Soares
Noubissie
Kerr
O'Brien

Kuqi
Trakys

Boyle89
23-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Graeme smith (6-6 ****ing awful)
David Stephens
Sean ohanlon
Michael hart (about 4 years too late)
Zarabi (1 game?)
Matt thornhill
Alan obrien
Ross Chisholm
Junior agogo (saw him laughing right after we got beat 1-0 at home to the pars)
Shefki kuqi
Jonathan johansen

Mibbes Aye
23-11-2014, 11:43 PM
Couple of mentions for Ross Chisholm so far. I didn't think he was anywhere near the worst of Hibs players. I quite liked him but prepared to acknowledge he wasn't able to make it at the level required.

Ross Chisholm stat - his win percentage for games he played in for Hibs is higher than the win percentages as managed by Terry Butcher, Pat Fenlon, Colin Calderwood, John Hughes and Mixu Paataleinen :cb

Hank Schrader
23-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Thanks for helping to bring my tea back up.

Relegation certs that lot!

jacomo
24-11-2014, 12:09 AM
I think the only thing that this thread shows is that folk see players differently, my only guess is that peoples worst 11's are a barometer of when they stopped watching Hibs.

There are IMO at least half a dozen players named from earlier on that are nowhere near worst 11 material.

IMO Gatheussi, Murdock, Wiss, Trakys, McPake, Kerr, Chisholm & Morrow are nowhere near the worst 11 hibs players I have seen.

I always had a bit of a soft spot for Konte as well, probably because by comparison to what was around him at the time he was like a fish out of water, but he still would not make my worst ever 11.

Agree on all that.

Just shows how low standards slipped, though. By any standards that is not a list of exceptional footballers.

dmc1875
24-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Malkowski

Hart
Stephens
Murdoch
Zarabi

Keenan
Nicol

O'Brien
Done

Showumni
Vine

This is based mostly on their (lack of) ability I haven't used any players who were probably decent ability wise but just didn't give a jot. Players such as Soares, Haynes, Doherty etc.

Had a bit of a soft spot for big Konte too, will never forget the crowd willing him to score in the 7-0 game against Livi when he came on, his back heel that produced a wonder save from McKenzie that was then lashed in by Fletcher. Looked like the ground was gonna swallow him up afterwards.

The_Horde
24-11-2014, 01:50 AM
Smith

Zarabi Stephens Martis Kujabi

De Graaf Wiss Kerr AOB

Hurtado Kuqi

Subs

Simon Brown
Michael Hart
Colin Murder Murdock
Ross Chisolm
Rowan Vine
Joe Keenan
Michael Nelson
Ryan McGivern
Owain Tudor Jones
James Collins
Amadou Konte
Junior Astopstop
Matt Thornhill
Tom Soares

bigwheel
24-11-2014, 05:14 AM
The boy Boetang from last season must be up there , but I can't think of any worse that Murdoch and Keenan ....dreadful in any 11

Hiber-nation
24-11-2014, 06:54 AM
Smith

De Graaf Wiss Kerr AOB

Hurtado Kuqi

Subs

Simon Brown
Michael Hart
Colin Murder Murdock
Ross Chisolm
Rowan Vine
Joe Keenan
Michael Nelson
Ryan McGivern
Owain Tudor Jones
James Collins
Amadou Konte
Junior Astopstop
Matt Thornhill
Tom Soares

Martis..?? Can't quite believe that one.

we are hibs
24-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Martis..?? Can't quite believe that one.

was there not a run of games where he scored 2 or 3 own goals in a row? i can remember him playing a cracking through ball away to dundee utd for a goal though

we are hibs
24-11-2014, 07:31 AM
malkowski

hart
o'hanlon
stephans
mcgivern

thornhill
soares
keenan
o'brien

Collins
Kuqi

bench:

a mixture of some of the other losers who contributed to our relegation and that game.

easty
24-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Smith

De Graaf Wiss Kerr AOB

Hurtado Kuqi

Subs

Simon Brown
Michael Hart
Colin Murder Murdock
Ross Chisolm
Rowan Vine
Joe Keenan
Michael Nelson
Ryan McGivern
Owain Tudor Jones
James Collins
Amadou Konte
Junior Astopstop
Matt Thornhill
Tom Soares

No danger Martis should be in there.

easty
24-11-2014, 10:17 AM
It's too hard to pick a team for this, so many options.

Malkowski though, he'd get my vote for worst Hibs player of the millennium

Just_Jimmy
24-11-2014, 10:26 AM
The single worst hibs player ever is an always will be Zibi. He will never be surpassed. The man is an absolute dick.

I will never forgive him for WAVING at the merricks after he'd gifted them another goal in a derby.

No one comes close.

Sir David Gray
24-11-2014, 11:12 AM
was there not a run of games where he scored 2 or 3 own goals in a row? i can remember him playing a cracking through ball away to dundee utd for a goal though

He scored three own goals within the space of a month.

Paloschi
24-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Zibi

Van Zanten
O'Hanlon
Nelson
McGivern

Thornhill
Tudur-Jones
Soares

O'Donovan
Agogo
Duffy

Awful!

Subs: G.Smith (the 6-6 GK) Hart, Zarabi, Chisholm, O'Brien, Done, Vine

since90plustwo
24-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Adding Chisholm in here is very harsh. Young player who broke into the first team but wasn't deemed good enough. Seen a lot worse! Can remember the 1-0 away win at tynie him and Stevenson battered aguiar and Stewart about the pitch. Not great but by no means in the worst 11 players to play for he club in the last 15 years

Paloschi
24-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Adding Chisholm in here is very harsh. Young player who broke into the first team but wasn't deemed good enough. Seen a lot worse! Can remember the 1-0 away win at tynie him and Stevenson battered aguiar and Stewart about the pitch. Not great but by no means in the worst 11 players to play for he club in the last 15 years

I have him on my bench and sort of agree to an extent. What annoyed me is the constant pointing he did when failing to organise himself! I would have had Brian Kerr in before him but that goal and celebration at Tynecastle keeps him out :greengrin

WeeRussell
24-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Malkowski

Collins Vine

That's more like it :aok: Although first change straight away for me would be Murdoch for O'Hanlon.

Broken Gnome
24-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Kuqi should really be in every team. I can't think of one positive thing he did. Should have scored at Aberdeen, didn't, then everything was pretty much worthy of laughter.

HibbyAndy
24-11-2014, 01:29 PM
The single worst hibs player ever is an always will be Zibi. He will never be surpassed. The man is an absolute dick.

I will never forgive him for WAVING at the merricks after he'd gifted them another goal in a derby.

No one comes close.

:agree:

Unforgivable.

Zarabi, Quite simply how that man made it as a professional football player is truly staggering.

KeithTheHibby
24-11-2014, 01:43 PM
AOB, Vine and James Collins would be first names on the teamsheets.

Absolute huddies and wage thiefs to boot.

KeithTheHibby
24-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Kuqi should really be in every team. I can't think of one positive thing he did. Should have scored at Aberdeen, didn't, then everything was pretty much worthy of laughter.

Don't really agree with that. He very rarely played and was basically past it when he joined. Did a lot of good work behind the scenes apparently.

Peevemor
24-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Don't really agree with that. He very rarely played and was basically past it when he joined. Did a lot of good work behind the scenes apparently.

So does Tam McCourt apparently - I wouldnae give him a start on a Saturday though. :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
24-11-2014, 01:54 PM
So does Tam McCourt apparently - I wouldnae give him a start on a Saturday though. :greengrin

TM was worthy of a start last season.:greengrin

southsider
24-11-2014, 01:58 PM

No one comes close.

Worst Ever ?Give you these "crackers" from a few years ago. Stewart Turnbull Duncan Lambie, JK Brown, Martin Henderson Graham Fyffe......

jacomo
24-11-2014, 02:42 PM

No one comes close.

Nah, we've had worse. Smith, for example. At least Zibi tried, albeit he wasn't good enough.

emerald green
24-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Most of the names of the totally garbage so called players have already been quoted by previous posters, so I'm not even going to try to add to that long and frankly embarrassing list.

All I would add is that this is probably why Pat Stanton came out and asked the question... "who thought these players were ever good enough to play for Hibs"?

Maybe people running things at the club over a number of years knew most of these players weren't good enough. But they signed them anyway because they were the cheap option, or all the club was either able, or prepared, to afford?

I don't suppose we will ever know now.

Slicer
24-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Zibi

van Zanten Murdock McGivern Reid
Wiss Chisholm O'Brien
Konte Tank Vine

Picking only 11 was the hard part. Could have filled the team purely with centre forwards.

Broken Gnome
24-11-2014, 03:10 PM

Depends what your criteria is. Someone who scored 10+ plus goals for Hibs has probably contributed enough not to warrant a mention here, as does a matchwinner v Hearts. Kuqi still never did a single thing of note in a Hibs game, so goes down as a waste of time as player regardless of how good he was at training.

Sir David Gray
24-11-2014, 03:14 PM

So he should have been recruited as a coach then.

He was awful for us in the appearances that he made and goes down as one of the worst signings we've made in recent years.

emerald green
24-11-2014, 03:21 PM

He was awful for us in the appearances that he made and goes down as one of the worst signings we've made in recent years.

:agree: Total garbage, and a waste of a jersey.

Far better to give one of the young lads at the club a chance rather than dross like this.

basehibby
24-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Malkowski

Docherty
O'Hanlon
Murdoch
Zarabi

Done
De Graff
Tudor Jones
O'Brien

Collins
Kuqui

That's my murder 11 - with Butcher in the dugout.

The stuff of nightmares :paranoid:

KeithTheHibby
24-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Depends what your criteria is. Someone who scored 10+ plus goals for Hibs has probably contributed enough not to warrant a mention here, as does a matchwinner v Hearts. Kuqi still never did a single thing of note in a Hibs game, so goes down as a waste of time as player regardless of how good he was at training.

Vine had far more game time than Kuqi did yet managed the same amount of goals. I don't recall vine doing anything at all during his time at Hibs apart from have a massive stupid beard. Worst player to wear the famous number 9 jersey.
Collins did nothing either apart from run about like a headless chicken.
Both of these guys are ahead of Kuqi for me for those reasons.

KeithTheHibby
24-11-2014, 10:00 PM

All about opinions however I think there were worse strikers than Kuqi in the last 15 years.

Hibernia&Alba
24-11-2014, 10:01 PM
All about opinions however I think there were worse strikers than Kuqi in the last 15 years.

Which is a depressing thought. Imagine being worse than Kuqi was at Hibs!

Unseen work
24-11-2014, 10:24 PM
zibi

hart canning boateng zarabi

o'brien keenan thornhill done

johannson konte

to think we have had players of this calibre at this club, who thought these players were nearly good enough for us???

worst of all that some people thought zarabi was some sort of masterclass when he first joined and a great find:confused::greengrin

Sir David Gray
24-11-2014, 11:27 PM

There probably were strikers who were marginally worse and I mentioned them on my list on the No Thanks thread.

That doesn't mean that Kuqi shouldn't be considered as one of the worst players we've signed since 2000 though.

Vine had far more game time than Kuqi did yet managed the same amount of goals. I don't recall vine doing anything at all during his time at Hibs apart from have a massive stupid beard. Worst player to wear the famous number 9 jersey.
Collins did nothing either apart from run about like a headless chicken.
Both of these guys are ahead of Kuqi for me for those reasons.

Collins was poor for us but at least he scored in a win against Hearts which is more than can be said for Kuqi.

I have no case for the defence as far as Rowan Vine's concerned. He was one of the most pointless signings we've made in my lifetime.

GreenArmyyy!
25-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Graeme Smith

Michael Hart
Sean O'Hanlon
James McPake
Pa Saikou Kujabi

Edwin De Graaf
Alan O'Brien
Brian Kerr
Matty Done

Shefki Kuqi
Eduardo Hurtado

Subs:
Zibi
David Stephens
Matt Doherty
Richie Towell
Matt Thornhill
Daryll Duffy
Roy O'Donovan

James McPake? You've got to be kidding!

GreenOnions
25-11-2014, 11:39 AM
What's really scary about this thread is that apart from a few exceptions, every one of the players mentioned is deservedly in the worst XI.
How many players are there in total? 20-25?
That's one hellova total of huddies for one team to sign within 13 years.
BTW, how many exceptionally good signings were there in comparison?

Arguably the following have all been somewhere between good and exceptionally good:

2000 Laursen, Fenwick, John O'Neill, Gary Smith, Agathe, Zitelli
2001 De La Cruz, Paco Luna, Brewster, Doumbe
2002 Paatelainen (re-signed)
2003 Dobbie, Glass
2004 Caldwell, Beuzelin, Sheils, Murphy
2005 Hogg, Sproule
2006 Stewart, Killen, Rob Jones, Benjelloun, Zemmama
2007 Clayton Donaldson
2008 John Rankin, Riordan (re-signed)
2009 Stack, Stokes, Liam Miller, Szamotulski
2010 ?
2011 O'Connor (re-signed), Vaz-Te (loan), Griffiths (loan), Sproule (re-signed)
2012 Doyle, McPake, Williams
2013 Scott Robertson, Liam Craig
2014 Gray, El-Alagui, Fontaine, Malonga, Allan, Oxley (loan), McGeouch (loan)

Spot the periods during which our team declined. In the six year period between 2007 to summer 2013 only 13 players signed that could be described in any way as a success - and quite a few of those were on short-term deals only or effectively past it. This was during a period when our expenditure on playing staff was broadly as good as anything outside the Old Firm and Hearts.

IMO it just highlights the key to modern-day success in management is being able to spot a player. The signings that Stubbs has made give me huge encouragement - especially when the pattern above is taken into account and you look at what the likes of McInnes has been able to do at Aberdeen.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2014, 12:05 PM
It's too hard to pick a team for this, so many options.

Malkowski though, he'd get my vote for worst Hibs player of the millennium

Zibi in my opinion was never the best keeper i have seen in a Hibs jersey, but he's nowhere near the worst either. He just seemed to keep his biggest howlers for them buggers, and that sways some folks minds again in my opinion towards him.

Smartie
25-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Zibi in my opinion was never the best keeper i have seen in a Hibs jersey, but he's nowhere near the worst either. He just seemed to keep his biggest howlers for them buggers, and that sways some folks minds again in my opinion towards him.

I'd agree with this. It happened so bloody often though, and the derbies mean a lot to us so he leapfrogs a few inferior keepers as a result (Smith for one).

I also don't think Doherty or Kujabi were that bad but they chose to have their worst performance for Hibs at the worst possible moment. Even then, they were hung out to dry by our formation on the day. But they'd both had a few decent performances in the second part of that season and they were an improvement on who we had prior to them arriving.

And if Doherty hadn't acted like such a plum after "that" game he'd be nowhere near these lists.

Zazu62
25-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Some of the players that have played for us over the last 5/6 years really are so bad like

Pretty Boy
25-11-2014, 01:19 PM

Agree with this to an extent even though I included him in my team.

The problem he had was so many of his mistakes were high profile. The SC semi final defeat to them is an example, he actually made 3 or 4 top saves in that game but the 2 horrific mistakes mean everyone forgets the saves. He also had a very good game in the first 0-3 at Ibrox. The waving at the Hearts fans after dropping that free kick in what I think was his final appearance for us was pretty much unforgivable though.

I'd say that all round Simon Brown was a poorer goalkeeper than Zibi, Graeme Smith is another who could fall into that category as well.

easty
25-11-2014, 01:45 PM

You're totally right, Zibi was a better goallie than McNeil, Brown and Smith in my opinion. But....he did make far far too many high profile mistakes.

JimBHibees
25-11-2014, 01:46 PM

The more I think about his performances in derbies the more I am tending to think that something a little bit shady was going on with him. Almost every derby was a monstrosity for him. We were horsing them 2 0 at ER and he threw 2 in. The semi, then immediately after that the game where Benji scored he gifted them the equaliser then the free kick flap when we were the better team. Way too many IMO.

jacomo
25-11-2014, 03:21 PM
zibi

johannson konte

to think we have had players of this calibre at this club, who thought these players were nearly good enough for us???

worst of all that some people thought zarabi was some sort of masterclass when he first joined and a great find:confused::greengrin

Tbf I think Zarabi compared himself to Roberto Carlos, so expectations were high and it took a few weeks to realise quite how bad things were.

Not having your front two, though. Konte's a cult hero, and Johannson was Mixu's pal so by definition not all bad!

JimBHibees
25-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Tbf I think Zarabi compared himself to Roberto Carlos, so expectations were high and it took a few weeks to realise quite how bad things were.

Not having your front two, though. Konte's a cult hero, and Johannson was Mixu's pal so by definition not all bad!

Was that not Kujabi the Ghanain Roberto Carlos. :greengrin

jacomo
25-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Was that not Kujabi the Ghanain Roberto Carlos. :greengrin

Argh you are right. My bad. Zarabi I have no memory of at all... this is probably a good thing though.

Sir David Gray
25-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Argh you are right. My bad. Zarabi I have no memory of at all... this is probably a good thing though.

Zarabi was signed by Mixu in January 2008 and played eight times for us that season.

He was poor, although in fairness to him I think his departure came about due to the fact that his wife and young child were refused visas to come and stay with him in Scotland.

That situation may explain why he was so poor. He was a full internationalist for Algeria up until he signed for us so he obviously had something about him.

Smartie
25-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Zarabi was signed by Mixu in January 2008 and played eight times for us that season.

He was poor, although in fairness to him I think his departure came about due to the fact that his wife and young child were refused visas to come and stay with him in Scotland.

That situation may explain why he was so poor. He was a full internationalist for Algeria up until he signed for us so he obviously had something about him.

He didn't ever really get going. With more games and a stable home environment he might have turned it around. Scotland may have been a bit of a culture shock and it'salways a bit of a shame that players sometimes don't get time to turn it around. Mixu's team were getting a fair bit of grief at the time too (even though things would get a lot worse in the years to come).

He certainly had a decent cv and I can't imagine that he'd have got to mix in the circles shown in the picture above if he was a total huddy.

He certainly didn't show us much in his time here though, unfortunately.

overdrive
25-11-2014, 08:58 PM

Was there not a rumour at the time that Mixu had signed the wrong Zarabi? He thought it was his brother that he had previously managed in Finland or something along those lines.

Maka (heart of a mouse who loved to fake injury)

Hart, McGivern, Murdock, Zarabi

O'Donovan, Keenan, De Graff, O'Brien

Kuqi, Vine

Notahappyhibee
25-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Was Hortardo a 2000 or before he was that bad there is no record of him playing for Hibs, Ecuadorian came with Del la Cruz.

Notahappyhibee
25-11-2014, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE="Notahappyhibee;4234118"]Was Hortardo a 2000 or before he was that bad there is no record of him playing for Hibs, Ecuadorian came with Del la Cruz

Notahappyhibee
25-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Was Hortardo a 2000 or before he was that bad there is no record of him playing for Hibs, Ecuadorian came with Del cruzdel la Cruz

Notahappyhibee
25-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Was Hortardo a 2000 or before he was that bad there is no record of him playing for Hibs, Ecuadorian came with Del cruz
Del la Cruz I meam

Stewboy
26-11-2014, 06:01 AM
Agree with this to an extent even though I included him in my team.

The problem he had was so many of his mistakes were high profile. The SC semi final defeat to them is an example, he actually made 3 or 4 top saves in that game but the 2 horrific mistakes mean everyone forgets the saves. He also had a very good game in the first 0-3 at Ibrox. The waving at the Hearts fans after dropping that free kick in what I think was his final appearance for us was pretty much unforgivable though.

I'd say that all round Simon Brown was a poorer goalkeeper than Zibi, Graeme Smith is another who could fall into that category as well.

I agree Simon Brown for me.

Stewboy
26-11-2014, 06:03 AM
zibi

johannson konte

Funny how things workout, is Canning not a main stay of 2nd in the SPFL Hamilton's defence!?!

Northernhibee
26-11-2014, 07:02 AM
James McPake? You've got to be kidding!

Tell me what he did for us once he signed his two year contract on a high wage.

bigwheel
26-11-2014, 07:28 AM

Considering some of those who never should have graced our team , McPake would be nowhere near our worst 100.

Tom Hart RIP
26-11-2014, 06:53 PM

Saw Trakys set up two goals for Deek v Motherwell (I think) and I thought it was one of the best target man performances I have seen in years. Same thing at Ibrox in 3-0 win. I can't understand why he would be anywhere this team

Northernhibee
26-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Considering some of those who never should have graced our team , McPake would be nowhere near our worst 100.

Really? We reportedly went all out to sign him, paid him a really decent wage and when he wasn't on the injury bench he was an absolute bombscare.

But then again he gave the whole "Ooooo I like Hibs and Edinburgh" chat so people fell for it. Cost us the league cup derby vs Hertz by getting himself sent off and cost us goal after goal after goal whilst being paid nicely.

Wage thief.

FranckSuzy
26-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Really? We reportedly went all out to sign him, paid him a really decent wage and when he wasn't on the injury bench he was an absolute bombscare.

But then again he gave the whole "Ooooo I like Hibs and Edinburgh" chat so people fell for it. Cost us the league cup derby vs Hertz by getting himself sent off and cost us goal after goal after goal whilst being paid nicely.

Wage thief.

That's a bit OTT, IMHO. The guy played through the pain barrier (and against medical advice, so we're led to believe), rightly or wrongly, for the team. So, to accuse him of being a "wage thief" is out of order. There was general mumping of gums amongst the support when it appeared he WAS in fact match fit and TB wasn't playing him.

Also, Hibs signed him knowing of his pre-existing injury so whose fault was it that he had a limited number of appearances?

sleeping giant
26-11-2014, 09:11 PM
I would still consider a reach around with James McPake

Sir David Gray
26-11-2014, 09:19 PM

Wage thief.

That's a ridiculous accusation to make.

skipster7
26-11-2014, 09:31 PM
This thread is giving me nightmares ! How we never went down with O Hanlon and Stephens at CB defies belief. O Hanlon was a trier but murder but the boy Stephens was right up there with the worst I've seen. Absolutely shocking although I seem to remember a fair few thinking " there was a player in there " ;-)

silverhibee
26-11-2014, 09:38 PM

Got injured.

silverhibee
26-11-2014, 09:44 PM

Wage thief.

Give you that.

Hate it when folk say that about football players from folk who have never played football before at any decent level.

tut tut

gillythehibby
26-11-2014, 10:34 PM

Wage thief.

You're either angry or clueless. "getting himself sent off" Really ?? Looked a man committed in the tackle for me and showed he cared. Getting sent off doesn't make him bad. Nowhere near that worst 11.

Northernhibee
26-11-2014, 10:37 PM
You're either angry or clueless. "getting himself sent off" Really ?? Looked a man committed in the tackle for me and showed he cared. Getting sent off doesn't make him bad. Nowhere near that worst 11.

Wild lunge every day of the week.

My_Wife_Camille
27-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Quite sad how hard it is to narrow it down to just 11 players..

I've done the opposite if a few people and haven't based mine on footballing ability but more on just how ***** they were in green and white.

Malkowski

Hart
O'Hanlon
Murdock
McGivern - only pips Kujabi to the post because we had to put up with him longer.

Soares
De Graaf
Craig
O'Brien

Collins
Vine

Think I counted 8 league goals between that lot!

Smartie
28-11-2014, 08:47 AM
No mention of Jonathan Grounds in here?

We've got some competition for the left-back and striker slots, that's for sure.

spike220
28-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Malkowski

Hart
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Zarabi

Soares
Kerr
Keenan
O'Brien

Agogo
O'Donovan

I would have have Doherty as my Captain.

KDY Hibs
28-11-2014, 07:51 PM
I would have have Doherty as my Captain.

McGivern x 11

spike220
28-11-2014, 08:48 PM
McGivern x 11

Did you see Doherty's post cup final interview or tweets?

KDY Hibs
28-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Did you see Doherty's post cup final interview or tweets?

Did you see McGivern?

seven nowt
29-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Graeme Smith

Michael Hart
Sean O'Hanlon
James McPake
Pa Saikou Kujabi

Edwin De Graaf
Alan O'Brien
Brian Kerr
Matty Done

Shefki Kuqi
Eduardo Hurtado

Subs:
Zibi
David Stephens
Matt Doherty
Richie Towell
Matt Thornhill
Daryll Duffy
Roy O'Donovan

McPake should not get a mention on this page. He was amazing for us. He dipped in form but he would have got back to his best given the chance.

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2014, 08:02 PM
:faf: Liam Craig isn't even top 100 never mind worst 11.

Squealing pig
29-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Don't know about worst but this is near the best

yogi_campfire
29-11-2014, 09:46 PM
McNeil

Hart. Mcduroch. Joneliet. Kubaji

Soares. Wiss. De Graaf. O'brien

Kuqi. Trakis

Stewboy
29-11-2014, 09:50 PM
The Tank?

GlesgaeHibby
30-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Simon Brown
Gathuessi Martis Canning McGivern
O'Brien Soares Noubissie
Nish Kuqi Trakys

InterviewLoI
30-11-2014, 08:38 AM
I'd agree with this. It happened so bloody often though, and the derbies mean a lot to us so he leapfrogs a few inferior keepers as a result (Smith for one).

I also don't think Doherty or Kujabi were that bad but they chose to have their worst performance for Hibs at the worst possible moment. Even then, they were hung out to dry by our formation on the day. But they'd both had a few decent performances in the second part of that season and they were an improvement on who we had prior to them arriving.

And if Doherty hadn't acted like such a plum after "that" game he'd be nowhere near these lists.

Doherty wasn't even that bad in "That game", it was just his post-match comments.

LaMotta
30-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Simon Brown
Gathuessi Martis Canning McGivern
O'Brien Soares Noubissie
Nish Kuqi Trakys

Gathuessi, Martis, Canning, Nish and Trakys????? Surely you can come up with worse than these guys all of whom had some decent games for Hibs.

Martis scored a couple of own goals but at least one of them was just an unlucky deflection. He was good under Mowbray and once Collins came his form dipped.

Canning didnt do much wrong...currently he is part of a team 2 points off the lead in the premiership.

And just cause Trakys didnt score doesnt make him a bad player, he had a couple of excellent games for us in his short spell.

LaMotta
30-11-2014, 08:57 AM
The more I think about his performances in derbies the more I am tending to think that something a little bit shady was going on with him. Almost every derby was a monstrosity for him. We were horsing them 2 0 at ER and he threw 2 in. The semi, then immediately after that the game where Benji scored he gifted them the equaliser then the free kick flap when we were the better team. Way too many IMO.

Zibby had to be on Romanov's payroll, it's the only explanation. I dont remember bonkers mistakes of a similar nature against any other team.

GlesgaeHibby
30-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Gathuessi, Martis, Canning, Nish and Trakys????? Surely you can come up with worse than these guys all of whom had some decent games for Hibs.

Martis scored a couple of own goals but at least one of them was just an unlucky deflection. He was good under Mowbray and once Collins came his form dipped.

Canning didnt do much wrong...currently he is part of a team 2 points off the lead in the premiership.

And just cause Trakys didnt score doesnt make him a bad player, he had a couple of excellent games for us in his short spell.

Gathuessi was a total bombscare, Canning was terrible for us (great for Hamilton). I'd forgot about Francis Dickoh, he'd be in there somewhere.

Trakys was a hopeless journeyman, slower than a week in jail.

Nish is dreadful. One of the most infuriating players to watch.

30-11-2014, 01:08 PM

Aaah apologies yes I have, mis-read the name lol!

GreenArmyyy!
01-12-2014, 11:40 PM

To be fair I never really liked Doherty, always prefered Francombe (think that was his name) but he never got nearly the chance he should have. Regarding Kujabi I find it a shame to be honest. I thought him at left back was always suspect to say the least, Fenlon should have spotted that and adapted. I always thought he would have made a decent LM player. We needed a scapegoat after that final and because of that challenge he was easy pickings.

GreenArmyyy!
01-12-2014, 11:42 PM
McPake should not get a mention on this page. He was amazing for us. He dipped in form but he would have got back to his best given the chance.

McPake should be nowhere near this thread. Don't think Towell should either tbh.

02-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Matt Doherty was an ALRIGHT player, not great by any stretch of the imagination but certainly not the worst. However, what got me with him with just his sheer arrogance and "i'm far too big for this club" attitude. His comments after the 2012 final about "not giving a ****" basically sums up it. Just a billy big baws with a very over inflated ego. Another waste of space that couldn't give a ****, subjected us to one of the most humiliating results in our history, collected his wage packet and ****ed off out the door without a care in the world.

Alan O'Brien - well where do I even begin. When we signed him there was so much hype surrounding him, how he was supposidly faster and better than Sproule etc. What a complete nightmare of a signing! Definitly up there with the worst.

Rowan Vine - awful, couldn't hit a barn door, dreadful dreadful player

Malkowski - need I say more

erin go bragh
02-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Only one team managed to get us relegated since 2000 , so surley they are the worst ,

Ggtth