PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Watmore

InterviewLoI
23-11-2014, 02:20 PM
I thought this lad was real quality, and in the current team could bring more than lets say Alex Harris or Matthew Kennedy.

If we were to let Kennedy go back to Everton, what would people think if we brought him back? I know it's unlikely, but I always found him really exciting to watch, when there was very little else positive about the team last year!

H18S NX
23-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Not for me,it's a shame he was kicked silly,but,no,we already have Harris.

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2014, 02:27 PM
I thought this lad was real quality, and in the current team could bring more than lets say Alex Harris or Matthew Kennedy.

If we were to let Kennedy go back to Everton, what would people think if we brought him back? I know it's unlikely, but I always found him really exciting to watch, when there was very little else positive about the team last year!

You seen much more from him than I did then!

Centre Hawf
23-11-2014, 02:29 PM
I liked him, but he was as fragile as any player I've ever seen. Not what we need when we already struggle with injuries.

TheFamous1875
23-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Again, another laddie with potential, but utilised incorrectly and put in a **** situation by those in charge of our club. I don't blame him for being underwhelming, I hope he does well.

Bobby's Cinema
23-11-2014, 02:31 PM
I quite liked him aswell, very raw and very very direct. I seem to remember him struggling though when the going got tough. Probably wouldn't be a bad impact player, at this level anyway

S4uzee
23-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Would have Kennedy every time over Watmore. He never seemed to be in control of the the ball

Billy Whizz
23-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Where is he now, out on loan somewhere?

overdrive
23-11-2014, 02:47 PM
I thought he would have been better played up front rather than on the wing. I think Kennedy is better on the wing than him though.

The Green Goblin
23-11-2014, 02:55 PM
I thought DW wasn`t that great. He tried hard but for me he gave the ball away far too often, didn`t have that much impact and wasn`t on a par with the signings Stubbs has made. I`m sure there`s plenty who will disagree with that though :greengrin

Stevie Reid
23-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Kennedy any day of the week.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2014, 03:07 PM
I barely saw enough of Watnore fit to form an opinion on him tbh.

My 2 real memories of him are a good 1st half v Raith when he was kicked off the park and a totally anonymous performance at Tynecastle.

sleeping giant
23-11-2014, 03:21 PM
I had totally forgot all about him.

No thanks.

Bronson
23-11-2014, 03:36 PM
I liked him, he was one of our more capable players last season but I'd rather have Kennedy. Take him over Harris these days, mind you.

iwasthere1972
23-11-2014, 03:56 PM
He was alright but that was about all. Some good touches but a bit lightweight just like Harris.

Alfred E Newman
23-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Harris for me. Kennedy is very ordinary and Watmore was a fairy.

Stevie Reid
23-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Harris for me. Kennedy is very ordinary and Watmore was a fairy.

I've defended Harris time after time on here, and still believe he will come good, but Kennedy is currently a much better player IMO.

Bishop Hibee
23-11-2014, 04:18 PM
He plays regularly and scores a few for Sunderland under 21's. Good player but we need a CH or CF if we sign another outfield player.

Thecat23
23-11-2014, 04:22 PM
I've defended Harris time after time on here, and still believe he will come good, but Kennedy is currently a much better player IMO.

Out of interest what makes you think Harris will come good? We have now dropped a division he's been back from injury for about 10 months and seems to have got worse! People say he's should "potential" but only games I thought he was ok were semi v a very tired Falkirk team and a goal the keeper should have saved and the other against Hearts at PBS.

I wish he would come good as he seems a good lad and not out on the lash like previous players but I'll bet he either get binned or drops down another division as I honestly can't see him making it now sadly.

Stevie Reid
23-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Out of interest what makes you think Harris will come good? We have now dropped a division he's been back from injury for about 10 months and seems to have got worse! People say he's should "potential" but only games I thought he was ok were semi v a very tired Falkirk team and a goal the keeper should have saved and the other against Hearts at PBS.

I wish he would come good as he seems a good lad and not out on the lash like previous players but I'll bet he either get binned or drops down another division as I honestly can't see him making it now sadly.

Tbh, I've outlined my views on the numerous threads started recently having a go at him, can't really be bothered again.

I read your post the other week saying that you would bet money that he won't have any kind of career in football, so was aware that your opinion differs even prior to this post.

NAE NOOKIE
23-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Nah ... too injury prone and a wee bit of a headless chicken. He did get kicked to F though and kept going, good luck to the lad.

Albanian Hibs
23-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Who?

Billy Whizz
23-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Who?

Butchers love child

H18Y GW
23-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Another that made AOB look like Willie Johnston

Iggy Pope
23-11-2014, 05:26 PM

LTYF :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Kennedy is much better than Watmore..

Baldy Foghorn
23-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Watmore never impressed me....Did Butcher not label him a "ginger Stanley Matthews"? Aye right Terry, more like Stanley Baxter:rolleyes:

3pm
23-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Watmore never impressed me....Did Butcher not label him a "ginger Stanley Matthews"? Aye right Terry, more like Stanley Baxter:rolleyes:

Just a pish Ed Sheeran.

Baldy Foghorn
23-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Just a pish Ed Sheeran.

Eh? Ed Sheeran is pish:greengrin

frazeHFC
23-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Kennedy is much better than Watmore..

Yep, would have Kennedy over Watmore every time.

GreenArmyyy!
23-11-2014, 07:03 PM
I genuinely believe Watmore has real quality and a great attitude to go along with it. His talent and confidence like everyone else was drained by that pair of buffoons. If he can steer clear of injuries he could make it big.

GreenArmyyy!
23-11-2014, 07:05 PM

That is a crazy post.

Hiber-nation
23-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Had 1 decent game for us - same as Kennedy to date.

Stevie Reid
23-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Had 1 decent game for us - same as Kennedy to date.

Kennedy has had several good performances.

InterviewLoI
23-11-2014, 08:21 PM

As did Watmore

3pm
23-11-2014, 08:25 PM
As did Watmore

No he never.

Matt92
23-11-2014, 08:36 PM
To be fair I completely forgot about him...

Thecat23
23-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Tbh, I've outlined my views on the numerous threads started recently having a go at him, can't really be bothered again.

I read your post the other week saying that you would bet money that he won't have any kind of career in football, so was aware that your opinion differs even prior to this post.

I wasn't looking to have a dig at him or that. Folk can say what they like about players, as I have said I don't see what he brings but would love him to do well Stevie. Some folk make it others don't. I just wondered what he's shown that makes you think he will do well at Hibs!

Stubbs seems a guy who would get the best out players and if he can't do it on this league aren't Hibs better not getting him off the wage and getting someone else in who would do the job Harris clearly isn't doing?

SunshineOnLeith
23-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Kennedy > Harris > Watmore.

I think Harris needs to move for his own sake to a more supportive environment. Similar to Wotherspoon going to St Johnstone, it can't be much fun for him playing at Easter Road getting more abuse for any mistake than any opposition player will get all season.

thebakerboy
23-11-2014, 09:05 PM
I am afraid I don't rate any of the three at the present time . Watmore is possibly too brave and gets injured as a result , Harris on the other hand is the exact opposite and constantly pulls out of tackles and doesn't try to beat players , and Kennedy promises much but just does not seem to deliver in fact he flatters to deceive . At the present time I would not have any of them near the Hibs 1st team.

Stevie Reid
23-11-2014, 09:18 PM
I wasn't looking to have a dig at him or that. Folk can say what they like about players, as I have said I don't see what he brings but would love him to do well Stevie. Some folk make it others don't. I just wondered what he's shown that makes you think he will do well at Hibs!

Stubbs seems a guy who would get the best out players and if he can't do it on this league aren't Hibs better not getting him off the wage and getting someone else in who would do the job Harris clearly isn't doing?

I wasn't implying that you were having a go, just stating that I know our opinions are very different on him. I also wasn't being rude, I just honestly don't want to get into another discussion at length about Alex.

I know he looks way off at the moment, but he's barely started 20 games for Hibs and has had to deal with a terrible injury followed by a management team that by many accounts treated him in an horrendous fashion.

Some young players show promise, then lose their way - others do the same, and then re-emerge. My belief at the moment is that it's way too early too write Harris off completely - but he will start having to show more sooner rather than later.

Thecat23
23-11-2014, 09:23 PM
I wasn't implying that you were having a go, just stating that I know our opinions are very different on him. I also wasn't being rude, I just honestly don't want to get into another discussion at length about Alex.

I know he looks way off at the moment, but he's barely started 20 games for Hibs and has had to deal with a terrible injury followed by a management team that by many accounts treated him in an horrendous fashion.

Some young players show promise, then lose their way - others do the same, and then re-emerge. My belief at the moment is that it's way too early too write Harris off completely - but he will start having to show more sooner rather than later.

Ah right, fairs dos! Really wish he would because I think most fans want the lad to do well and with each week that passes he looks more like a frightened cat hiding. If he's here beyond this season I'll be surprised. But it's Hibs so anything is possible when it comes to these players.

Stevie Reid
23-11-2014, 09:26 PM
As did Watmore

I must say, I don't recall several good performances - a couple of good ones and I was optimistic he would deliver more, but it was a bad time to be a Hibs player when he was here, and it just didn't happen.

I could watch Kennedy all day, I love his appetite for the game and he beats his man 9 times out of 10. Yes his final ball can be lacking, but we have been lacking pacy direct players like him in recent years, and he helps us get in behind teams, another thing that had been lacking for a long while. I bet no full back enjoys playing against him.

He was a bit disappointing last week, but I like him a lot. I recall in the late win against Cowdenbeath that he was instrumental in keeping them under pressure as we pushed for a winner.

His attributes are a big plus for us.

Stevie Reid
23-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Ah right, fairs dos! Really wish he would because I think most fans want the lad to do well and with each week that passes he looks more like a frightened cat hiding. If he's here beyond this season I'll be surprised. But it's Hibs so anything is possible when it comes to these players.

I was really encouraged by his sub appearance against Utd in the cup, and the confidence he showed in taking one of the first five pens - but he was extremely disappointing last week.

My biggest fear is that he isn't being cut much slack by many at ER during games these days, with some comments shouted at him being bang out of order. He will need to show mental resilience to be a footballer at a high level, there is no doubt about that - but I still feel he deserves a bit more slack at the moment, given want he as a player, and we as a club have been through in the last year.

Thecat23
23-11-2014, 09:35 PM
I was really encouraged by his sub appearance against Utd in the cup, and the confidence he showed in taking one of the first five pens - but he was extremely disappointing last week.

My biggest fear is that he isn't being cut much slack by many at ER during games these days, with some comments shouted at him being bang out of order. He will need to show mental resilience to be a footballer at a high level, there is no doubt about that - but I still feel he deserves a bit more slack at the moment, given want he as a player, and we as a club have been through in the last year.

Yeah I don't think he done anything wrong Utd game and good on the lad for stepping up to for the pen. Same with Craig who also gets dogs for any slack pass. I missed last home game so can't comment on that. Mate said he wasn't at the races though and he's usually fair judging players.

The personal abuse isn't fair, I've been very frustrated myself and asked myself why he's even in the squad but I don't scream at him as that does no one any good. I don't usually go to the away games these days I'd like to know how Harris does away from ER if anyone wants to share? Or is he just the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
23-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Hate to say it, but I agree 100%, TC.
Alec has skill but has no dig - none at all.
That's his main failing, IMO.

Yeah every time he gets the ball he taps it back or loses it. Think some fans may cut him more slack if he at least tried to take on a man. He's bound to go past a couple and that will build his confidence surely!

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Kennedy > Harris > Watmore.

I think Harris needs to move for his own sake to a more supportive environment. Similar to Wotherspoon going to St Johnstone, it can't be much fun for him playing at Easter Road getting more abuse for any mistake than any opposition player will get all season.

Why would we abuse opposition players for making mistakes?

Hiber-nation
23-11-2014, 10:38 PM

I think he's got bags of potential, far more so than Watmore but really disappointed with his final ball.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Some very harsh comments on here regarding Watmore. His debut against Raith was outstanding. Was just a shame that him and Stanton were let down by the other 9 players that day. He was then injured a lot due to constantly being kicked all over the place. He played well away to Partick the day he scored and done more in 25 minutes after coming on at St Mirren than anyone in the starting 11 achieved in that game.
Very difficult situation for a young, inexperienced player to come into last season. We don't half right players off quickly on here.

H18Y GW
26-11-2014, 10:33 PM
That is a crazy post.

Why,do you even know who Johnston was ??

H18Y GW
27-11-2014, 06:22 AM
LTYF :greengrin

Top post , crystals must be top quality

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Everton v Sunderland U21's has just kicked off on sky sports 1. Watmore starts on the right wing and has looked very lively in the first 5 minutes. Commentators are bigging him up, saying how direct he likes to play

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Live from Goodison Park

overdrive
01-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Should have done better there with that shot.

Mark79
01-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Interesting to see if any of the everton boys would be useful additions.

leggeto
Good player but I think he needs to build up some strength, hopefully we can keep Kennedy as what a player he would be if he could improve his final ball

BoomtownHibees
Should have had a pen!!!

greenlex
01-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Some very harsh comments on here regarding Watmore. His debut against Raith was outstanding. Was just a shame that him and Stanton were let down by the other 9 players that day. He was then injured a lot due to constantly being kicked all over the place. He played well away to Partick the day he scored and done more in 25 minutes after coming on at St Mirren than anyone in the starting 11 achieved in that game.
Very difficult situation for a young, inexperienced player to come into last season. We don't half right players off quickly on here.
Sorry but he was decidedly average at Firhill.

IanM
01-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Goes off injured... Again :p

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-12-2014, 09:26 PM

He was great tonight. They were absolutely raving about him on sky sports and just spotted this comment on an Everton blog. He's going to pick up knocks when he's constantly running at folk and getting kicked as much as he does. He'll make it to the top. Absolutely convinced about that

eastterrace
01-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Yeah I don't think he done anything wrong Utd game and good on the lad for stepping up to for the pen. Same with Craig who also gets dogs for any slack pass. I missed last home game so can't comment on that. Mate said he wasn't at the races though and he's usually fair judging players.

The personal abuse isn't fair, I've been very frustrated myself and asked myself why he's even in the squad but I don't scream at him as that does no one any good. I don't usually go to the away games these days I'd like to know how Harris does away from ER if anyone wants to share? Or is he just the same?

sorry mate harris is still as bad away from easter road so he cant use that as an excuse.

Thecat23
01-12-2014, 09:35 PM
sorry mate harris is still as bad away from easter road so he cant use that as an excuse.

That's not great. Just can't see him making it if I'm honest. Should be passing by players down here or at least trying. Just not good enough!

beensaidbefore
23-11-2016, 04:55 PM
For those of you with memory issues have a read through. Some of you may be able notice your own names.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2016, 04:57 PM
For those of you with memory issues have a read through. Some of you may be able notice your own names.

So you went trawling through old posts to get a snapshot of a different moment in time and then used that to try to prove a point years later?

Probably time to look at taking up a new hobby.

Thecat23
23-11-2016, 04:58 PM

I was taking about Harris!

beensaidbefore
23-11-2016, 05:01 PM
So you went trawling through old posts to get a snapshot of a different moment in time and then used that to try to prove a point 3 years later?

Probably time to look at taking up a new hobby.

No, to highlight that folk on here are talking pish. There are folk saying others never called him chap and are questioning my recollection of events. That my friend is proof that people did think he wasn't good enough. North ING more nothing less. Perhaps if you don't like it you should stop commenting on the thread, or is that your hobby?

Pretty Boy
23-11-2016, 05:03 PM
No, to highlight that folk on here are talking pish. There are folk saying others never called him chap and are questioning my recollection of events. That my friend is proof that people did think he wasn't good enough. North ING more nothing less. Perhaps if you don't like it you should stop commenting on the thread, or is that your hobby?
Pretty much my hobby, You don't rack up nearly 30K posts by having a life.

I still don't really see your point tbh. There's a tiny percentage of people who post on here actually said he was crap, the conversation then goes off on a tangent about Kennedy and Harris. Anyone can be a footballing sage with 20/20 hindsight.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
23-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Pretty much my hobby, You don't rack up nearly 30K posts by having a life.

I still don't really see your point tbh. There's a tiny percentage of people who post on here actually said he was crap, the conversation then goes off on a tangent about Kennedy and Harris. Anyone can be a footballing sage with 20/20 hindsight.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm baffled by this I really am. I just don't get what he's trying to prove as only a handful didn't rate him.

beensaidbefore
23-11-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm baffled by this I really am. I just don't get what he's trying to prove as only a handful didn't rate him.

The pint to prove is that folk were quick to say, no never happened, when quite clearly there were some on here who didn't think he was good enough. Nothing more nothing less. Some of the responses have been childish which has got my back up and led to me responding.

Thecat23
23-11-2016, 05:54 PM
The pint to prove is that folk were quick to say, no never happened, when quite clearly there were some on here who didn't think he was good enough. Nothing more nothing less. Some of the responses have been childish which has got my back up and led to me responding.

fair enough, but that's football fans for you! If you read back I didn't rate Harris and still don't. I think he's had enough chances now! But for all I know he could move in Jan and become a real asset to someone in the Scottish premier. That's football, we all have different opinions but i think it maybe was the way you worded it that it came across like you were gloating.

If I've misread it then I apologise.

beensaidbefore
23-11-2016, 06:08 PM
fair enough, but that's football fans for you! If you read back I didn't rate Harris and still don't. I think he's had enough chances now! But for all I know he could move in Jan and become a real asset to someone in the Scottish premier. That's football, we all have different opinions but i think it maybe was the way you worded it that it came across like you were gloating.

If I've misread it then I apologise.

We have got our wires crossed mate. This was the first thread I could find about Watmore. Throughout the thread there folk saying he's no good. I thought it would help remind some on the other thread who were saying it never happened, it actually did.

Folk have come out saying crap thread etc and I think that's bad patter. Fair dose it's their opinion but why post it. As pretty boy said I don't need to comment on here, but that should equally apply to folk who are at the wind up. Happens far too often on here and gets in my nerves. This time I felt in a position to fight the corner as I started the thread.

For what it's worth I'm not a fan of Harris either. Would love him to make it but can't see it.

Thecat23
23-11-2016, 06:26 PM
We have got our wires crossed mate. This was the first thread I could find about Watmore. Throughout the thread there folk saying he's no good. I thought it would help remind some on the other thread who were saying it never happened, it actually did.

Folk have come out saying crap thread etc and I think that's bad patter. Fair dose it's their opinion but why post it. As pretty boy said I don't need to comment on here, but that should equally apply to folk who are at the wind up. Happens far too often on here and gets in my nerves. This time I felt in a position to fight the corner as I started the thread.

For what it's worth I'm not a fan of Harris either. Would love him to make it but can't see it.

All good bud 👍🏼 This forum can send even the most sane a tad mental at times 😁

Yeah I feel for him if I'm honest, he's actually a lovely lad but I can't see him doing it at Hibs. If Lennon thinks he can though I'll be behind him when he plays hoping he can make a difference.

snooky
23-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Jeez, two threads on Duncan Watmore.

:singing: "There's only two Duncan Watmores.."