PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray took the hammering well it seems

hibs0666
23-11-2014, 01:13 PM
"Hibs accused us of parking the bus at Easter Road and all that crap we heard from them. We came out today and had a go at them in the second half but no doubt we’ll be hearing the same bullsh** again."

:na na:

matty_f
23-11-2014, 01:15 PM
:hilarious:

They did park the bus at Easter Road. WTF is he on?!

H18S NX
23-11-2014, 01:17 PM
A wee bit bitter and twisted Ian? GIRFUY.

Elephant Stone
23-11-2014, 01:17 PM
We scored six goals and we'll be going on about them 'parking the bus'? :hilarious

Heisenberg
23-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Where did he say this? Any links? Sounds extremely biitter.

Never mind, found it in the daily record. What a graceless hun twat.

Elephant Stone
23-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Where did he say this? Any links? Sounds extremely biitter.

Was in the Sunday Mail I think.

_hucks_
23-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Need to see a link to where he said this, but I'd still not want to be giving it all the 'giruy' stuff to the man; he's fiercely competitive and still a legend at this club. When he's managing the opposition team, we can't expect him to be too 'hibby' about it!

Hermit Crab
23-11-2014, 01:22 PM

Seriously? No need.

hibs0666
23-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Need to see a link to where he said this, but I'd still not want to be giving it all the 'giruy' stuff to the man; he's fiercely competitive and still a legend at this club. When he's managing the opposition team, we can't expect him to be too 'hibby' about it!

Last paragraph (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/dumbarton-3-hibernian-6-alan-4679105?)

_hucks_
23-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Last paragraph (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/dumbarton-3-hibernian-6-alan-4679105?)

Yup, fair enough!!

S4uzee
23-11-2014, 01:31 PM
The last sentence doesn't even make sense

SunshineOnLeith
23-11-2014, 01:32 PM
At Easter Road they made no effort or attempt to do anything other than defend their own penalty area. Fair enough, they got a result.

Suspect if we hadn't scored early yesterday then it would have been the same story, although I wasn't at the game so I may be wrong and they attacked from the first whistle. Doubt it though.

That's the main reason Hearts are so far ahead, they've been getting the early goal against teams in this league which forces them to come out and attempt to participate in a football match, which then leaves gaps to exploit.

SaulGoodman
23-11-2014, 01:34 PM
"Hibs accused us of parking the bus at Easter Road and all that crap we heard from them. We came out today and had a go at them in the second half but no doubt we’ll be hearing the same bullsh** again."

Naaah you totally didn't park the bus Ian..

Hibernian Dumbarton
25 shots 5
14 on target 1
14 corners 3

I was astounded by Dumbartons gung-ho style of attacking football

TheFamous1875
23-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Bitter, but he is a competitive man and that's his prerogative. Thought he was great for us in both spells, but had injury troubles late on (hence why he retired so young). If he hadn't went to Rangers in the manner in which he did then he'd be more of a hero in the eyes of Hibbies than he is.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2014, 01:45 PM

A legend?

Obviously our opinion of what constitutes a Hibs legend differs massively.

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Back to Ihun Murray from now on. Still astounds me that the club gave this welt a testimonial.

SunshineOnLeith
23-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Bitter, but he is a competitive man and that's his prerogative. Thought he was great for us in both spells, but had injury troubles late on (hence why he retired so young). If he hadn't went to Rangers in the manner in which he did then he'd be more of a hero in the eyes of Hibbies than he is.

Injury affected or not, he was pretty rubbish in his second spell.

Don't understand how anyone can regard him as a legend or 'hero'. The only times he ever signed a contract with Hibs was when he had no other options, he never showed any real loyalty. Once his legs had gone he took to throwing himself around like a Jim Goodwin-esque thug, without Goodwin's intelligence, so people would regard him as "determined" and "committed".

The complete flop that was his testimonial match was a fitting end to his career.

TheFamous1875
23-11-2014, 01:50 PM
A legend?

Sauzee, Stanton, Smith... That's the legend criteria. We've not had a legend since Sauzee, and before him the closest may be...Collins?

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-11-2014, 01:53 PM
A legend?

This...

TheFamous1875
23-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Injury affected or not, he was pretty rubbish in his second spell.

Don't understand how anyone can regard him as a legend or 'hero'. The only times he ever signed a contract with Hibs was when he had no other options, he never showed any real loyalty. Once his legs had gone he took to throwing himself around like a Jim Goodwin-esque thug, without Goodwin's intelligence, so people would regard him as "determined" and "committed".

The complete flop that was his testimonial match was a fitting end to his career.

I thought he was good under both Mixu and Yogi, and I seem to remember him being great in midfield when we beat Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox under Calderwood. He did tail off though, and he wasn't nearly as effective as he was in his first spell, but he still offered up some good performances under Mixu and Yogi iirc.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Sauzee, Stanton, Smith... That's the legend criteria. We've not had a legend since Sauzee, and before him the closest may be...Collins?

To me the term legend is overused and too much of a catch all.

Hibs legends are the likes of the Famous Five, Pat Stanton, Joe Baker.....there are others of course

IMO you then have a level below that with the likes of Sauzee, Rob Jones and Murdo McLeod as cup winning captains, Keith Wright for his Skol Cup goals, Derek Riordan for all his goals, again there are others.

Ian Murray doesn't even get close to either of those groups.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2014, 02:02 PM

Keith Wright.
Mickey Weir.

snedzuk
23-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Keith Wright.
Mickey Weir.

Joe Tortolano

Boyle89
23-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Some people aren't old enough to remember players that others deem legends.

trev the hat
23-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Back to Ihun Murray from now on. Still astounds me that the club gave this welt a testimonial.

Whilst he is nowhere near legend status imo or justified a testimonial he is far from a welt & I doubt you'd say that to his face.
Poor show

H18S NX
23-11-2014, 02:17 PM
If he was a so called" legend" at Easter Rd,where was all his fans at his testimonial? i was there btw,the GIRFUY was more of two fingered up at him for his childish remarks

Brizo
23-11-2014, 02:25 PM

Hibs legends are the likes of the Famous Five, Pat Stanton, Joe Baker.....there are others of course

IMO you then have a level below that with the likes of Sauzee, Rob Jones and Murdo McLeod as cup winning captains, Keith Wright for his Skol Cup goals, Derek Riordan for all his goals, again there are others.

:agree:

Murray was nowhere near legend status and tbh ive never understood the Murray love in. He was an average to good injury prone player who the club stood by while he was injured. He in return couldn't wait to head west and only returned to Hibs when his signing options were severely limited.

As others have pointed out the "crowd" for his testimonial is evidence enough of how most Hibbies view him.

_hucks_
23-11-2014, 02:28 PM

I agree with what you're saying here largely, and perhaps it is a bit much to assign that tag to Ian Murray, but the man played over 10 years with Hibs, making many an important contribution in the process. There are very few in the modern age that will give the years service that Ian did, and whilst I may be accused of hyperbole, I wouldn't be quite so quick to dismiss his status.

One Day
23-11-2014, 02:28 PM

or maybe not

Leith Green
23-11-2014, 02:43 PM

Legend?? Haha, stop it!

jacomo
23-11-2014, 02:44 PM

Naw.

Still reckon he'll be back as manager - sorry, head coach - one day. You might need to get over it.

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Legend?? Haha, stop it!

Exactly, the most legendary thing he ever did for Hibs was shave 1973 in his hair.

eastterrace
23-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Exactly, the most legendary thing he ever did for Hibs was shave 1973 in his hair.

think it was 7-0 he had cut into his hair

Dalkeith Hibee
23-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Doesnt seem like Ian takes criticism very well at all. I remember him seeming to think there was nothing wrong with how he treated the club when he went to Rangers. Im so glad I never got involved in the big Ian Murray love in at his testimonial.

hibee62
23-11-2014, 02:56 PM

Had a go? How'd that work out for you? Probably should have parked the bus again, eh?

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2014, 02:57 PM

Aye, it was that memorable. :agree:

#FromTheCapital
23-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Bitter sounding comments from Murray, but I don't hold any grudges against him unlike some others on here it seems. The guys a hibby and he was a fairly decent player for us in his day. He seems to be doing a good job in his management career thus far and I wish him well with that.

marinello59
23-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Bitter sounding comments from Murray, but I don't hold any grudges against him unlike some others on here it seems. The guys a hibby and he was a fairly decent player for us in his day. He seems to be doing a good job in his management career thus far and I wish him well with that.

:agree:

Stevie Reid
23-11-2014, 03:06 PM
He's pissed off that he lost a game. Big deal, no problem with him or his comments.

PeterboroHibee
23-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Strange comments (verging on nonsense) from Murray. He's obviously annoyed they got beat, but they did park the bus against us....

Frazerbob
23-11-2014, 03:14 PM

It was 1973 and it was green dye, not shaved, from what I remember.

leither17
23-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Joe Tortolano

David fellenger

My_Wife_Camille
23-11-2014, 03:24 PM

Can't see this being a popular opinion but these are my thoughts exactly.

The_Horde
23-11-2014, 03:33 PM
The mans a pleb. Hope his team get relegated.

NAE NOOKIE
23-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Ach ... Murray was decent for us, there has been a lot worse lets face it. He is just a guy who doesn't take losing very well, but he needs to learn the difference between making his point and what looks like a petted lip.

A good servant over two spells at ER but a legend? ... nah !

CallumLaidlaw
23-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Ok, they didn't park the bus yesterday, they just long balls to Nish all day. Very attractive football Mr Murray

3pm
23-11-2014, 03:41 PM

Unless Ian Murray manages Hibs, his name won't come up in conversation in 20-30 years time.

SunshineOnLeith
23-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Doesnt seem like Ian takes criticism very well at all. I remember him seeming to think there was nothing wrong with how he treated the club when he went to Rangers. Im so glad I never got involved in the big Ian Murray love in at his testimonial.

I seem to recall there was nothing particularly 'big' about the love in at the testimonial :greengrin

Can't believe that, having this season seen first hand how he sets his team up to 'play', people are still suggesting he'll be a future Hibs manager.

eastterrace
23-11-2014, 03:50 PM
It was 1973 and it was green dye, not shaved, from what I remember.

his head is not big enough for 1973, and it was definitely 7-0 in green dye.

emerald green
23-11-2014, 03:55 PM
His team got a tanking and he's no happy. Tough s***. I'd be the same if I was a manager of a team that got destroyed like that.

lucky
23-11-2014, 03:57 PM
His comments show that's he's not ready to manage a full time club. Seems very bitter against the club he fleeced for an undeserved testimonial

Pretty Boy
23-11-2014, 03:58 PM

It was 1973.

(Bad) picture attached.

#FromTheCapital
23-11-2014, 04:07 PM

I preferred it when he knocked Ian Black out with the flying elbow.

Dalkeith Hibee
23-11-2014, 04:09 PM
I seem to recall there was nothing particularly 'big' about the love in at the testimonial :greengrin

Can't believe that, having this season seen first hand how he sets his team up to 'play', people are still suggesting he'll be a future Hibs manager.

Giving him a testimonial was bad enough........you are right though wasnt a big turnout if I recall

Iggy Pope
23-11-2014, 04:13 PM

You shouldnae use words like definitely my friend.

#FromTheCapital
23-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Giving him a testimonial was bad enough........you are right though wasnt a big turnout if I recall

Was about 2k iirc, very poor turnout but hardly surprising given the circumstances.

The Green Goblin
23-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Was about 2k iirc, very poor turnout but hardly surprising given the circumstances.

I think the committee vastly overcooked the whole thing. Wasn't there a seemingly never-ending series of events? If they had just made it a game, the attendance might have been higher.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2014, 04:28 PM
I think the club vastly overcooked the whole thing. Wasn't there a seemingly never-ending series of events? If they had just made it a game, the attendance might have been higher.

It would have been the committee rather than the club.

The Green Goblin
23-11-2014, 05:25 PM
It would have been the committee rather than the club.

Edited. Cheers!

Billy Whizz
23-11-2014, 05:44 PM
As an aside, when the Teams came off at half time yesterday, the Hibs fans gave a wee song of Boozy Boozy. He gave us a wee wave back.
Wonder how the dumbarton fans felt when their assistant manager was waving to the opposition fans when they were 3-0 down

Sir David Gray
23-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Don't have a problem with him sticking up for his team.

He's Dumbarton's manager now and his loyalties are with them.

The guy's a Hibs fan, I don't think there's any doubt about that. In the same way that Leigh Griffiths is a Hibs fan, despite his recent tweets regarding his apparent feelings towards Celtc.

Murray's not a legend though.

scoopyboy
23-11-2014, 06:26 PM
If he didn't park the bus in the 0-0 at Easter Road then I sure as hell wouldn't wish to see him park the bus.

23-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Don't have a problem with him sticking up for his team.

He's Dumbarton's manager now and his loyalties are with them.

The guy's a Hibs fan, I don't think there's any doubt about that. In the same way that Leigh Griffiths is a Hibs fan, despite his recent tweets regarding his apparent feelings towards Celtc.

Murray's not a legend though.

Agree with this. His loyalties are with them, he's their manager and he's obviously a bit frustrated they never got anything but it still does sound a wee bit ungracious IMO.

Lago
23-11-2014, 06:49 PM
You seem to be going out of your way to post ridiculous statements these days, this is up there with your best.

Dalkeith Hibee
23-11-2014, 06:54 PM
You seem to be going out of your way to post ridiculous statements these days, this is up there with your best.

I agree with him

SunshineOnLeith
23-11-2014, 07:02 PM

"Poor turnout" or, the turnout he deserved? The committee didn't do themselves any favours in the run up to the match by refusing to disclose what % of the profits/proceeds were going to charity beyond simply saying "a percentage".

Had it been 100% for charity I might have gone along but I and many others had no interest in topping up Ian Murray's pension fund.

greenlex
23-11-2014, 07:03 PM
An awful lot of negativity and bitterness to a hibs man here. just seems a complete waste of energy and time if you ask me. Who really cares what he thinks? We won and scored six in the process. :thumbsup:Be happy.

erin go bragh
23-11-2014, 07:10 PM
If he didn't park the bus in the 0-0 at Easter Road then I sure as hell wouldn't wish to see him park the bus.

The dirty barstewards bus must have been a nighthawk as they kicked our players up and down the park .

Ggtth

Holmesdale Hibs
23-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Not the most mature thing for a manager to say but he's probably just trying to show Dumbarten fans where his loyalty lies, which is fair enough.

basehibby
23-11-2014, 07:16 PM

....but not even half as much as some of the posts on this thread. :rolleyes:

His team got humped and he's a bit miffed about it - seems like he has far more reason to be grumpy than some of the gum bumpers on here!

Swedish hibee
23-11-2014, 08:07 PM
I found it also weird reading that too... Why did he say that???!!
He does come across as bitter- maybe upset Hibs chose Stubbs instead for the job :confused: After all he was the bookies fave? (not mine tho)

Jonnyboy
23-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Guy was hurting so understandable he said what he did. Maybe he was having a dig at the press, they used the 'parked the bus' term widely IIRC

Frazerbob
23-11-2014, 08:13 PM

It seems you are definitely wrong and my recollection was definitely spot on. :na na:

givescotlandfreedom
24-11-2014, 09:41 AM
If he's getting wound up instead of paying by attention to winning games and letting others influence his tactics then good. Doesn't reflect well on him as a manager though.

Golden Bear
24-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Maybe he's bearing a grudge as he's not our current Manager.

JimBHibees
24-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Sounds like he was irked at getting no credit when they drew at ER earlier in the season. Quite rightly too given they are a part time team and also were only beaten by Hibs late on after being 2 up in the League cup.

Seems to me not alot to do with Hibs and more about his team not getting due credit given the resources involved.

Thecat23
24-11-2014, 11:52 AM
He's manager of another team in the same league we are. Do I wish him well... NO! I only want my team to win every game and couldn't care less about any former player for that matter who is in direct competition with us.

You lost deal with it. :thumbsup:

WeeRussell
24-11-2014, 12:03 PM
....but not even half as much as some of the posts on this thread. :rolleyes:

His team got humped and he's a bit miffed about it - seems like he has far more reason to be grumpy than some of the gum bumpers on here!

:agree: Exactly...

Seems we always have to either completely love our ex-players and believe we should do everything to have them involved with the club again... OR hate them.

Murray has now been through both on instances on here within the space of 6 months.

whiskyhibby
24-11-2014, 05:55 PM

Completely agree! TBH I think it was his wounded pride at losing 6 goals at home that was doing the talking.....

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Aw Ian, don't be that guy

Cropley10
25-11-2014, 09:10 PM
We beat his team 6-3, took 3 points- what the heck do folk expect him to say.

Ian & Boozy are Hibs men. Get a grip folks

bigstu
26-11-2014, 08:07 AM
Usual crap from people on here, a guy leaves & says something in support of his new team & suddenly he was a crap player for us & everything good has been forgotten. Its happened with many players, including Lee Griffiths earlier this season.
It's very strange people's need to try & hate every ex player & get them to hate us also.
Ian Murray was a good player for us.

scoopyboy
26-11-2014, 08:37 AM
We beat his team 6-3, took 3 points- what the heck do folk expect him to say.

Ian & Boozy are Hibs men. Get a grip folks

Why mention the game at ER?

SFA to do with it.

WeeRussell
26-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Why mention the game at ER?

SFA to do with it.

The bloody SFA!!!!! :grr:

hibbiedon
26-11-2014, 05:49 PM
I like him, he always gave his all he now manages a rival club and he objects to losing six goals at home