PDA

View Full Version : which would feel better...

AgentDaleCooper
22-11-2014, 07:37 PM
coming first this season, or being the very team to pap the huns out of the play offs, consigning them to yet another financial meltdown and probably another 3 years working their way back up again, or possibly even complete oblivion...?

don't get me wrong - i want to come first. but if we don't, that would be ample compensation :aok:

GreenArmyyy!
22-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Would much rather thump Hearts in the play-offs to be honest. Despise them and their guardian angel Craig Thompson more and more every week.

ancient hibee
22-11-2014, 07:41 PM
No danger Hearts will be in the play-offs.

AlbertK86
22-11-2014, 08:10 PM
No danger Hearts will be in the play-offs.

Surely they'll make the top 4 😏

I'll get ma coat !

SteveHFC
22-11-2014, 08:31 PM
We'll pump THE Rangers in the play-offs i'm that confident.

hibbymick
22-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Ask me at the end of February if Hearts will be in the play offs. They will lose games soon enough once their luck starts running out. That team is no better than ours at present.

andrew70
22-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Ask me at the end of February if Hearts will be in the play offs. They will lose games soon enough once their luck starts running out. That team is no better than ours at present.

That team is worse than ours by a long way. Only Holt and Nicholson i'd take out of their squad.
Altho I don't hold out the same hope that their luck will run out. It never has. Let's be honest here they shouldn't even be a club yet go about their business as if nothing happened.

Sir David Gray
22-11-2014, 08:46 PM
We've no chance of finishing top considering how far behind we are at the moment.

On that basis, I would go for beating Sevco in the play offs. It would only count for something though if we then went on to beat the Premiership side and got promoted.

iwasthere1972
22-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Either way it's going to be tough getting back to the top division unless by some miracle Hearts form takes a sudden nosedive and we go on a terrific winning run. Best I think we can hope for is second with The Rangers getting pumped by QOS or whoever takes third or fourth spot.

22-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Hearts do not have a great team but what they do have is a lot of confidence and belief atm. I think they will win the league no doubt. I don't see why we can't beat the huns in the play-offs - they are ****ing rank!

thebigman1875
22-11-2014, 08:58 PM
coming first this season, or being the very team to pap the huns out of the play offs, consigning them to yet another financial meltdown and probably another 3 years working their way back up again, or possibly even complete oblivion...?

don't get me wrong - i want to come first. but if we don't, that would be ample compensation :aok:

The Yams to win the league, we can take the Huns in the play off, I don't think we have the mentality to take hertz in a two legged game. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't like anything more than keep THEM down but I would take a game against the 11th place big league team because whoever it is are totally mince !:cb

sleeping giant
22-11-2014, 09:01 PM
It's still early doors in the season .
There is still 6 months to go. So much can change in that time.

emerald green
22-11-2014, 09:27 PM

It always feels better coming first. :wink:

HoboHarry
23-11-2014, 12:53 AM
It always feels better coming first. :wink:
Not if you have to tolerate two hours of complaints from the wife..........

Pete
23-11-2014, 03:24 AM
The Yams to win the league, we can take the Huns in the play off, I don't think we have the mentality to take hertz in a two legged game. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't like anything more than keep THEM down but I would take a game against the 11th place big league team because whoever it is are totally mince !:cb

I don't agree with that at all and I think you're giving credit to this myth that they are mentally stronger than us. It's all about ability and the facts are that a lot of their recent superiority was because they had better players or were better managed...or both. We've went toe to toe with them in both matches and have been unlucky not to get better results. True, their determination got them the draw but it was assisted by our naivety.

We aren't going to finish first so if it was down to choosing between hearts and sevco I'd choose hearts because think we'd have a better chance of beating them. It might sound like madness on the face of it but sevco have the better players and it's as if they are a Porsche that needs a good service while hearts are a Subaru that's at the top of its game. The league should really be a one horse race when you consider the amount of money spent by a certain team and the established players that they have. It shouldn't take much for them to get their act together and the worst possible scenario for me would be hearts winning the league followed by McCoist being replaced by someone who knows what he's doing just in time for the play offs.

I've no time for this new club and it would hilarious to see the two Edinburgh teams promoted before them but it's about self preservation at the end of the day.

bigwheel
23-11-2014, 07:28 AM
We've no chance of finishing top considering how far behind we are at the moment.

On that basis, I would go for beating Sevco in the play offs. It would only count for something though if we then went on to beat the Premiership side and got promoted.

This

Col2
23-11-2014, 08:44 AM
We can't finish 1st now. Not just the points gap but we don't have the depth of squad to win virtually every game from now and to end of season.

However.....

We will finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Likely to be 3rd.

It's all about momentum, progress and form. If sevco end up giving up on 1st the club will go into even more turmoil. And...the pressure on us in a playoff will be less against them than our oldest rivals.

We must keep progressing through and could do with strengthening in Jan window with another central defender and a striker.

Jones28
23-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Considering rangers are the only team we've pumped out of the top 4 I'd take them in playoffs over hearts or QOTS

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2014, 09:06 AM
If we meet Hearts in the play offs it will be as a result of an implosion in which they will have lost a series of vital games. The effect on their confidence, of throwing away an unassailable lead will be much the same as happened to Hibs in the second half of last season.

Put simply, if they are in the play offs, we will be able to knock them over with a feather.

H18Y GW
23-11-2014, 09:06 AM
I really don't give a **** about sniff sniff or the likes but to say only 2 of them would make our team is just plain stupid , Handling, Harris ,Stanton ,Cummings, Stevenson, Craig and any 1 of the 2 centre backs playing now or 2 of the 3 if you want to include Forster would struggle to get a spot on there bench..

They are not the best football team without a doubt, but they are the most consistent team and can score goals our biggest failure bar yesterday , we won't win the league but if we keep winning , keep playing well, get El aligui back , Mcgeogh back and build a head of steam for early May , we will win the play offs ..

Keith_M
23-11-2014, 10:25 AM
The quick satisfaction of coming first would be OK, but think of the long drawn out feeling of having multiple 'opposition' and eventually, after much effort, getting over the line, to much euphoria, when the one that came first has long since forgotten about it.

We are still talking about football, aren't we?

:wink:

Pretty Boy
23-11-2014, 10:40 AM
I've seen a few people say we are a better team than Hearts and I'm curious as to what this is based on.

In 2 games against them we have lost 1 and drawn 1. In league games against, give or take, the same opposition they have built up a 16 point lead on us, won 6 more games than us and lost none. Even during our recent good run they have still managed to pull further clear of us.

I've no doubt we are improving and we will comfortably be a play off team. I'm also in no doubt Hearts are not a particularly good team in the grand scheme of things but as it stands they are a bit better than us on a week to week basis, all the stats point to that being the case (games against each other, games won, games drawn, games lost, goals scored, goals conceded).

I just don't get how anyone can state we are a 'far better team that Hearts' with any conviction.

lord bunberry
23-11-2014, 10:47 AM
I've seen a few people say we are a better team than Hearts and I'm curious as to what this is based on.

In 2 games against them we have lost 1 and drawn 1. In league games against, give or take, the same opposition they have built up a 16 point lead on us, won 6 more games than us and lost none. Even during our recent good run they have still managed to pull further clear of us.

I've no doubt we are improving and we will comfortably be a play off team. I'm also in no doubt Hearts are not a particularly good team in the grand scheme of things but as it stands they are a bit better than us on a week to week basis, all the stats point to that being the case (games against each other, games won, games drawn, games lost, goals scored, goals conceded).

I just don't get how anyone can state we are a 'far better team that Hearts' with any conviction.

I think we're a team that's taken a bit of time to get going, if we had a full squad to chose from and we started the league again on Saturday it'd be a hell of a lot closer come the end of the season. Hearts have got a great team spirit and are playing with confidence, but don't have as many good players as we do.

rcarter1
23-11-2014, 10:58 AM

Agree. Its hard to see how anyone has come to the assessment we are better, far less than miles better than Hearts. I would however like to see Hearts suffer a few dull ones results wise, and for the squad to be stretched a bit. I think we are too far behind to catch them, but I agree that our team is strong enough to make inroads on them if they hit a poor patch.

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2014, 11:09 AM

Its delusion and a failure to see whats actually there in front of them. Also a bit of not wanting to admit the truth too.

Saying that, this is the case now, who knows what's going to happen in May, but we are improving and maybe just maybe we will have a good January?

I can't see us catching them, and it looks like if we are in the play offs its going to be sevco, who we have proved we can beat.

emerald green
23-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Not if you have to tolerate two hours of complaints from the wife..........

:agree: :greengrin