PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

GGTTH07
22-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Any one care to share for those who couldn't make the game?

Stuarty27
22-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Oxley 6 - Didnt command his area when we were under pressure.

Gray- 8 Usual solid performance, some great tackles and link up play with Allan espically in first half
Stevenson 7 - Played ok
Fontaine 6 - Strolled the first half, look suspect in the first 15mins of 2nd half
Hanlon 7- Same as Fontaine, another goal

Allan 8- What a great first half performance, fell out of the 2nd
Robertson 8- Just shows what you miss when he isnt there, solid in tackle and used the ball well
Craig 7- Poor 1st half, better in the 2nd
Handling 7- Set up the first goal with a great thru ball, linked well with Cummings and Allan

Cummings 8- Held the ball up really well, some great runs, looked sharp and unlucky not to score
Malonga 9- Great finising for hat trick, 2nd was worth admission money alone

Subs:

Stanton- Great Finish
Harris- Didnt touch it
Kennedy- Should of scored

scoopyboy
22-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Oxley 6 - Didnt command his area when we were under pressure.

Gray- 8 Usual solid performance, some great tackles and link up play with Allan espically in first half
Stevenson 7 - Played ok
Fontaine 6 - Strolled the first half, look suspect in the first 15mins of 2nd half
Hanlon 7- Same as Fontaine, another goal

Allan 8- What a great first half performance, fell out of the 2nd
Robertson 8- Just shows what you miss when he isnt there, solid in tackle and used the ball well
Craig 7- Poor 1st half, better in the 2nd
Handling 7- Set up the first goal with a great thru ball, linked well with Cummings and Allan

Cummings 8- Held the ball up really well, some great runs, looked sharp and unlucky not to score
Malonga 9- Great finising for hat trick, 2nd was worth admission money alone

Subs:

Stanton- Great Finish
Harris- Didnt touch it
Kennedy- Should of scored

Agree with all of that.

I hope we sign a goalie in January.

Up The Bracket
22-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Oxley - 6 - Perhaps could have been more imposing but wouldn't blame him for any of the goals

Gray - 8 - Solid as ever
Hanlon - 7 - Scored and looked pretty solid, possibly could have done better in the spell after the second half
Fontaine - 6 - Bit mistake prone but cleared the ball well and was solid in the air
Stevenson - 6 - Lacked a bit of confidence going forward at times but he did fairly well

Allan - 8 - Looked like a world beater at times, was very wasteful at other times, fell out of it towards the end
Craig - 7.5 - I thought he did very well, set up 2 goals
Robertson - 7 - Should have applied more pressure at the 3rd goal but I thought he was okay
Handling - 4 - Sorry but I really don't rate him at all, gave the ball away more often than not

Cummings - 7 - Never got the breaks but he tried, deserved a goal
Malonga - 9 - Take a bow, that second goal was superb

Sir David Gray
22-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Oxley - 6 - Perhaps could have been more imposing but wouldn't blame him for any of the goals

Gray - 8 - Solid as ever
Hanlon - 7 - Scored and looked pretty solid, possibly could have done better in the spell after the second half
Fontaine - 6 - Bit mistake prone but cleared the ball well and was solid in the air
Stevenson - 6 - Lacked a bit of confidence going forward at times but he did fairly well

Allan - 8 - Looked like a world beater at times, was very wasteful at other times, fell out of it towards the end
Craig - 7.5 - I thought he did very well, set up 2 goals
Robertson - 7 - Should have applied more pressure at the 3rd goal but I thought he was okay
Handling - 4 - Sorry but I really don't rate him at all, gave the ball away more often than not

Cummings - 7 - Never got the breaks but he tried, deserved a goal
Malonga - 9 - Take a bow, that second goal was superb

I wasn't there today due to work but I'm quite surprised to see people giving the defence 6s and 7s and even an 8 after losing three goals to Dumbarton.

I'm guessing that, other than the three goals that they scored, our defenced coped with everything that Dumbarton had to offer.

Jonnyboy
22-11-2014, 09:26 PM
I wasn't there today due to work but I'm quite surprised to see people giving the defence 6s and 7s and even an 8 after losing three goals to Dumbarton.

I'm guessing that, other than the three goals that they scored, our defenced coped with everything that Dumbarton had to offer.

Three silly goals indeed but strangely, the defence did play well, especially in the first half. It's odd I know, but true :agree:

B.H.F.C
22-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Three silly goals indeed but strangely, the defence did play well, especially in the first half. It's odd I know, but true :agree:

Eh? How did they play well?

Jonnyboy
22-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Eh? How did they play well?

First hal Dumbarton never got a sniff. Poor for twenty minutes in the second but finished the match strongly. All IMO of course :wink:

B.H.F.C
22-11-2014, 10:09 PM
First hal Dumbarton never got a sniff. Poor for twenty minutes in the second but finished the match strongly. All IMO of course :wink:

We never got cut open yet lost 3 goals. All from balls in to the box. Simple stuff. Whether it's for 90 or 20 minutes that wasn't good at the back.

Jonnyboy
22-11-2014, 10:13 PM
We never got cut open yet lost 3 goals. All from balls in to the box. Simple stuff. Whether it's for 90 or 20 minutes that wasn't good at the back.

Worrying, I agree but I reckon Oxley could have been more commanding. He went down in instalments for the third goal which masde me wonder whether he's fully recovered from his injury

oconnors_strip
22-11-2014, 10:19 PM
Worrying, I agree but I reckon Oxley could have been more commanding. He went down in instalments for the third goal which masde me wonder whether he's fully recovered from his injury

I don't think he has as he wasn't moving as able as normal. He struggled to bend at times. Recovering from a cracked back can't take 2 weeks

Jonnyboy
22-11-2014, 10:20 PM
I don't think he has as he wasn't moving as able as normal. He struggled to bend at times. Recovering from a cracked back can't take 2 weeks

Looked that way to me too N :agree:

dp00
22-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Why not just play the young guy until he is fully fit, what is the worst that can happen

B.H.F.C
23-11-2014, 12:06 AM

I'm with you regards Oxley. He just doesn't inspire me. Strangely, without making many major mistakes.

In terms of the goals we lost today I thought the centre halves were poor. Very poor. The one goal I'd question Oxley for was the second. It just kind of floated in.

legends of 73
23-11-2014, 12:26 AM
I'm with you regards Oxley. He just doesn't inspire me. Strangely, without making many major mistakes.

In terms of the goals we lost today I thought the centre halves were poor. Very poor. The one goal I'd question Oxley for was the second. It just kind of floated in.

Was saying to the folk around me in the first half that Oxley didn't look very mobile.

3 goals easily defendable Hanlon and Fontaine must hold their hand ups

Looked good going forward

Libby Hibby
23-11-2014, 05:42 AM

I feel the same regarding Oxley, I can't think of many saves the guy makes (apart from when that guy was clean through for Hearts at ER) but he isn't prone to errors which is good and also leads me to think the goals we concede are preventable from an out field players point of view... Yesterday's goals concede -

1. Cross in from left, Nish knock down, scorer free to volley home - verdict NOT Oxleys fault, where was the marker?

2. Cross came in from right, their CH jumped well and headed ball from 8 or 9 yards into top corner - verdict NOT Oxleys fault, stop the cross or defend it better

3. Umpteen opportunities to clear ball around our 18yd line but it feel to one of their players and he guided the ball (wind assisted) into the Corner, cracking finish, with pace and precision - Verdict Not Oxleys fault, we should've cleared our lines much, much sooner!!!

That was my take anyway but it's typical of folk on here, try to blame or make a scape goat of a player when in truth, we won 6-3, played very very well for long periods, yes we conceded but yesterday's game reminded me of the Mowbray era!!! Even our hat trick hero is getting pelters on his thread...lets just be positive as a support, it may, just may get us somewhere...:flag::agree:

Libby Hibby
23-11-2014, 06:08 AM
Oxley - 6, very little to do except pick ball out net 3 times, no fault at goals or errors through game

Gray - 7, Good first, tired 2nd, solid
Hanlon - 6, still not commanding enough for me but did ok
Fontaine - 6, strolled through game, needed to lead more at start of 2nd half when the put us under pressure
Stevenson - 7, played well defensively and was a good out let for attacking especially in 2nd half, rarely wastes possession but unlucky not to get a couple of assists with his crossing

Allan - 8, class 1st half, 2nd, stuck more to the right, possibly marked a bit tighter and certainly tired. Enjoy watching this laddy
Robertson - 6, breaks up play well and always looked for a forward pass, at fault for 3rd goal, 2 or 3 opportunities to clear his lines
Craig - poor 1st, much better 2nd, clearly enjoys being with Hibs, always comes to fans when score but he needs to be more dominant in the middle of the park and stop the constant sideways or backwards passes

Handling - 7, good 1st, out of it 2nd, gets stuck in and had physically built himself up a bit more, given time and space on the park, he will hurt teams

Cummins - 7, what a shift, didn't get a goal that his play deserved
Malonga - 9, Hattrick and worked well, good team player but has that selfish streak that all goal scorers need

Stanton - 4, good goal but to me, looks light weight and dare I say it, uninterested when he comes on these days??
Kennedy - 2, very little time on park, should've scored
Harris - 2, don't think he touched the ball

Crowd - 10, sung, clapped and gave the boys 100% support