PDA

View Full Version : Update on El Alagui return

Keith_M
21-11-2014, 12:46 PM
"We haven’t set any targets, but we don’t think he will be a million miles away. It could be the first week in January, it could be the last week or the first week in February but we do not envisage him being a lot longer than that"

As regards signing another Striker.........

“I was always going to be on the lookout, so we could have Farid potentially, Dominique and Jason Cummings and if there is the possibility of bringing in another one, a striker, I would. It wouldn’t pose me any problems having too many strikers.”

Alan Stubbs in the Evening News (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/el-alagui-on-course-to-fill-malonga-slot-for-hibs-1-3612197)

S4uzee
21-11-2014, 12:57 PM
"We haven’t set any targets, but we don’t think he will be a million miles away. It could be the first week in January, it could be the last week or the first week in February but we do not envisage him being a lot longer than that"

As regards signing another Striker.........

“I was always going to be on the lookout, so we could have Farid potentially, Dominique and Jason Cummings and if there is the possibility of bringing in another one, a striker, I would. It wouldn’t pose me any problems having too many strikers.”

Alan Stubbs in the Evening News (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/el-alagui-on-course-to-fill-malonga-slot-for-hibs-1-3612197)

Wonder how Heff feels that he wasn't mentioned

The Green Goblin
21-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Wonder how Heff feels that he wasn't mentioned

If you measure the three that Stubbs mentioned, plus Heffernan, and compare the number of goals they have all scored, i doubt he could have too many complaints. He needs to take his chances when he comes on, like he did against Livi. Fwiw, I really doubt Stubbs was making a point by not mentioning him.

S4uzee
21-11-2014, 01:09 PM
If you measure the three that Stubbs mentioned, plus Heffernan, and compare the number of goals they have all scored, i doubt he could have too many complaints. He needs to take his chances when he comes on, like he did against Livi. Fwiw, I really doubt Stubbs was making a point by not mentioning him.
Yeah doubt that also, maybe a sign that he is moving on in January

Kaff
21-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Thanks Keekaboo, good news about Farid. Which was the purpose of this thread i assume. GOOD NEWS!!!!

allezsauzee
21-11-2014, 01:16 PM
I think Heff already knows he isn't really in the picture. The fact that he chose not to move to St Johnstone might be a reflection of him being on better wages at Hibs than he'd be likely to be offered elsewhere so we may need to cut him a deal to get him to move on. I don't want us to sign another striker just to get the numbers up. I want quality....superleigh quality

jdships
21-11-2014, 01:27 PM

Agree vtotally and the East Mains " Gregg's" is saying likewise :greengrin

Centre Hawf
21-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Best news we've had in weeks. I wasn't too inspired when we signed him in the summer. But he really has impressed me with both his ability and attitude. If we can have a rotation of Dom/Jason/Farid fit and firing we could finally turn some of these draws into wins.

Andy74
21-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Not sure about this - I don't think there is any chance he will play games in January.

Keith_M
21-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Thanks Keekaboo, good news about Farid. Which was the purpose of this thread i assume. GOOD NEWS!!!!

Yep, I try to be a bit different

:wink:

patlowe
21-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Not sure about this - I don't think there is any chance he will play games in January.

Regardless, I think that the knowledge he is on the mend is really good news. Many were hinting that it was unlikely we would see Farid again this season so it's great to hear that he'll be back playing sooner than expected.

Jack
21-11-2014, 02:48 PM

Alan Stubbs, with the benefit of surgeons, doctors, physiotherapists and goodness knows who else's expert opinions, disagrees :-)

I think Heff already knows he isn't really in the picture. The fact that he chose not to move to St Johnstone might be a reflection of him being on better wages at Hibs than he'd be likely to be offered elsewhere so we may need to cut him a deal to get him to move on. I don't want us to sign another striker just to get the numbers up. I want quality....superleigh quality

IIRC chat at the time was he would have been on more money in Perth.

Andy74
21-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Alan Stubbs, with the benefit of surgeons, doctors, physiotherapists and goodness knows who else's expert opinions, disagrees :-)

IIRC chat at the time was he would have been on more money in Perth.

Aye, they thought Oxley might have played last week too!

ancient hibee
21-11-2014, 04:30 PM
I'll be amazed if he plays this season.

eastterrace
21-11-2014, 07:09 PM

i agree , think this is an excuse for when we dont buy another forward in january saying we dont need one as we have farid and malonga but they wont be near playing for us in january imo.

Lucius Apuleius
21-11-2014, 07:13 PM
i agree , think this is an excuse for when we dont buy another forward in january saying we dont need one as we have farid and malonga but they wont be near playing for us in january imo.

Oh to have such a distrusting and cynical mind. 😉

Bronson
21-11-2014, 07:13 PM

His injury was a bad one but I think you are both exaggerating. He'll play a big part in our season yet.

Jonnyboy
21-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Check out this pic for good news on another of our injured players

http://instagram.com/p/vq5QCMtnQ2/

eastterrace
21-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Oh to have such a distrusting and cynical mind. 

now you say that you could be right, i will need to stop looking too deep into things, what will be will be.

Lucius Apuleius
21-11-2014, 08:07 PM
now you say that you could be right, i will need to stop looking too deep into things, what will be will be.

Good man. 😇

Pretty Boy
21-11-2014, 09:43 PM
With medical advances a cruciate can be as little as 5 to 6 months now, still a long time but in years gone by it was at best a year and at worst a career ender.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Farid will be back playing around February.

eastterrace
21-11-2014, 09:56 PM
With medical advances a cruciate can be as little as 5 to 6 months now, still a long time but in years gone by it was at best a year and at worst a career ender.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Farid will be back playing around February.

so its not january then.......oops there i go again sorry

jacomo
22-11-2014, 03:21 PM

He's not done his cruciate though... it's his Achilles.

ancient hibee
22-11-2014, 07:39 PM

It's his achilles which can take a year or more-he's been treated with a new technique-no guarantee it will work.We'll sign a new striker in January.