PDA

View Full Version : Team Vs Dumbarton

TheFamous1875
20-11-2014, 10:55 PM
How should we line up on Saturday? I was thinking a risky 4-3-3 given our dearth of options in the squad just now:

GK.

Gray. Hanlon. Fontaine. Stevenson.

S. Allan. Robertson. Stanton.

Cummings. L. Allan. Sinclair.

(If Robertson's not available, stick Stevenson in the middle of the park and put Booth at left-back)

Craig, Kennedy and Harris weren't up to it last week and Stanton, Lewis Allan and Sinclair all had great games for the Under 20s during the week so I think this is a great opportunity to capitalise on their confidence and chuck them in whilst they're in good form. Due to the injuries we have just now, I think we need to utilise our squad as best as possible, and given that Craig, Heffernan, Harris etc aren't delivering, I think this would be the best time to give these youngsters their chance.

Lewis Allan's a big, strong laddie ("O'Connor with a brain" I read one poster describe him) and he's the closest thing we have to a target man. If he was supported by Cummings and Sinclair on each side, it could prove to be quite a formidable formula. Stanton's a box-to-box player and in a three I think he could really shine alongside Scott Allan.

It's a big risk as we're away from home and this lineup is a positive, attacking one, but given the players on offer and their current forms, I think it could be a risk worth taking.

Thoughts?

scoopyboy
21-11-2014, 04:48 PM
How should we line up on Saturday? I was thinking a risky 4-3-3 given our dearth of options in the squad just now:

GK.

Gray. Hanlon. Fontaine. Stevenson.

S. Allan. Robertson. Stanton.

Cummings. L. Allan. Sinclair.

(If Robertson's not available, stick Stevenson in the middle of the park and put Booth at left-back)

Craig, Kennedy and Harris weren't up to it last week and Stanton, Lewis Allan and Sinclair all had great games for the Under 20s during the week so I think this is a great opportunity to capitalise on their confidence and chuck them in whilst they're in good form. Due to the injuries we have just now, I think we need to utilise our squad as best as possible, and given that Craig, Heffernan, Harris etc aren't delivering, I think this would be the best time to give these youngsters their chance.

Lewis Allan's a big, strong laddie ("O'Connor with a brain" I read one poster describe him) and he's the closest thing we have to a target man. If he was supported by Cummings and Sinclair on each side, it could prove to be quite a formidable formula. Stanton's a box-to-box player and in a three I think he could really shine alongside Scott Allan.

It's a big risk as we're away from home and this lineup is a positive, attacking one, but given the players on offer and their current forms, I think it could be a risk worth taking.

Thoughts?

I would play Malonga.

JimBHibees
21-11-2014, 04:57 PM
I would play Malonga.

Agree would also play a midfield of

Robertson

Allan Stanton

Handling

andrew70
21-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Perntreou
Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson
Robertson
S. Allan Stanton
Handling
Malonga L. Allan

number9dream
21-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Definitely think Stanton deserves another crack at a starting place, either left side of the diamond or at the tip - not wide left, where he tends to get lost.
A lot depends on how Malonga is feeling after his long journey. If fit, he starts, if not, L Allan might be the answer. He should certainly keep his place on the bench.
Robertson should be fine with a cast on his hand, so Stubbs has a decision to make regarding his skipper. I suspect Craig will stay in the team.
Dumbarton have only lost twice at home - to sides above us - and held Hearts, so it's going to be another tough afternoon if the attitude is not spot on.

steviehibsleith
21-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Definitely think Stanton deserves another crack at a starting place, either left side of the diamond or at the tip - not wide left, where he tends to get lost.
A lot depends on how Malonga is feeling after his long journey. If fit, he starts, if not, L Allan might be the answer. He should certainly keep his place on the bench.
Robertson should be fine with a cast on his hand, so Stubbs has a decision to make regarding his skipper. I suspect Craig will stay in the team.
Dumbarton have only lost twice at home - to sides above us - and held Hearts, so it's going to be another tough afternoon if the attitude is not spot on.
Robertson wont be allowed to play if he has a stookie on think about it, the safety of others.

scoopyboy
21-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Robertson wont be allowed to play if he has a stookie on think about it, the safety of others.

Are you being serious?

oconnors_strip
21-11-2014, 05:41 PM

Many players play with a light cast on.

Franck Stanton
21-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Many players play with a light cast on.

If thats the case can we no' put a cast on Craig ? Maybe then we would see some football out of him.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Sinclair
Allan
Stanton
Kennedy

Malonga
CummZing

steviehibsleith
21-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Are you being serious?
LAW FOUR - PLAYERS' EQUIPMENT

Safety
A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to himself or another player (including any kind of jewellery).

If i was the referee and someone had a stookie on his hand he wouldnt play.
if its a bandage then no issues.

Bishop Hibee
21-11-2014, 06:14 PM
It's funny reading Lewis Allan is "a big strong laddie". Having never seen him in the flesh I assumed he was another from the Hibs midget forward production line. After suffering the QoS game it's worth giving him a start.

number9dream
21-11-2014, 06:14 PM

Safety
A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to himself or another player (including any kind of jewellery).

Guys have been playing with injured hands in casts since Rene van de Kerkhof in the 1978 World Cup final. It's not going to be an old-fashioned stookie!

Bronson
21-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Kennedy
Allan
Stanton
Craig

Cummings
Malonga

Considered throwing Max Todd in instead of Craig but I've never seen him play, seems to be very well thought of on here though. Also considered Jake Sinclair who seems to be doing well for the u20s. Lewis Allan must be pushing for a place in the team as well, hope he's on the bench.

Stuarty27
21-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Max Todd isn't getting a game git the under20s

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Will McGeouch be back?

TheFamous1875
21-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Will McGeouch be back?

If he was he'd be straight in everyone's team! As would Malonga, but I assumed he wouldn't be available so soon since returning.

Smartie
21-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Perntrou
Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson
Robertson
Allan, Craig
Stanton
Cummings, Malonga.

Is Oxley definitely out?

Same back 4 as last week. Stanton's best position is in the middle, not wide. I'd much prefer him to Handling there. I like the narrow midfield with the width coming from the fullbacks, also have little faith in our wide midfielders to create anything of note for our strikers. Craig gets a lot of grief but has played well in our best performances this season and I still think he has a lot to offer (I don't expect many/any to agree with this though). We need 2 up front and Cummings and Malonga are the most threatening pair from who we have available.

I'd like to see Lewis Allan get a chance but we're making pretty heavy weather of this season - every game, every point and every goal matters. I don't know if I'd fling him in from the start yet but if we have many more weeks like last week when we're as inept in the final 3rd as we were then we'll have no choice. Ideally we should ease him in gently though.

Crammond Hibee
21-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Allan
Robertson
Craig

Handling

Cummings
Malonga

Hermit Crab
21-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Allan
Robertson
Craig

Handling

Cummings
Malonga

No thanks.

silverhibee
22-11-2014, 01:27 AM
I would play Malonga.

Take it he has arrived back in the Capital.

Scooter
22-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Allan
Robertson
Craig

Handling

Cummings
Malonga

Handling wouldn't even make my bench

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Guys have been playing with injured hands in casts since Rene van de Kerkhof in the 1978 World Cup final. It's not going to be an old-fashioned stookie!

I've got an image of him now running around in a stookie that all the Hibs players have signed in permanent marker.

scoopyboy
22-11-2014, 11:24 AM

Safety

Are you in a time warp?

eastcoasthibby
22-11-2014, 11:38 AM
If Oxley is out I do have nightmares about our young goalie ! our back four did brilliantly last week to protect him so well, but I suspect that will not be allowed to happen this week that, it's a huge weakness sorry to say ! wonder how far Combe is from being able to start ?

back 4 same as last week

Robertson back into midfield for Harris and stanton at the tip of the diamond for Handling ..main reasons a clever player who can score goals more readily.
Hopefully Malonga is fit enough to start and give us 60 minutes and then give Lewis Allan half an hour, if not I would be happy to see Lewis start with Sinclair getting a bit of game as well ! main reason for not being keen on Sinclair starting is, I am not that happy with his workrate off the ball or even working the ball hard enough when defenders have it ! but on the ball no questions or doubts has something we need.
Kennedy another who needs to work harder defending from front !

Going throught o the game and will be interested to see who plays a obviously a few options for change since last week, I am interested to see how AS considers some of the performances of those who have been performing well in recent weeks for u 20's and those who haven't in the first team.
Hard game today and all about attitude, desire and a few bits of special skill.