PDA

View Full Version : The yearly favorite thread thread.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Talking about Kahoonas on another thread got me thinking, what is your favorite thread for 2014 and for added spice, your favorite thread ever?

timewilltell
19-11-2014, 08:02 AM
This one

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Last night's Scotland v England thread

Mikey
19-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Last night's Scotland v England thread

Are tomorrow's threads included in this?

What about the aftermath of Scouse's banning for being English :greengrin

Hermit Crab
19-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Leigh griffiths signing thread.

matty_f
19-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Been a poor year for threads, reflecting the team's relegation form and general turmoil at the club this year.

Gone are the days of the Calendar thread, Blame Rod Petrie, and Christian Nade is Pish.

All we have to look forward to while we are in this division is pictures of surprised owls or Jim Carey looking shocked in responses that don't really make any sense.

The sooner we are promoted, the better. If this BuyHibs lot want to get this poster onside, a commitment from them to improve the standard of threads to our previous highs in the cup winning season would be a good start.

flash
19-11-2014, 09:12 AM

They are without a doubt the worst threads ever on here.

Bostonhibby
19-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Been a poor year for threads, reflecting the team's relegation form and general turmoil at the club this year.

Gone are the days of the Calendar thread, Blame Rod Petrie, and Christian Nade is Pish.

All we have to look forward to while we are in this division is pictures of surprised owls or Jim Carey looking shocked in responses that don't really make any sense.

The sooner we are promoted, the better. If this BuyHibs lot want to get this poster onside, a commitment from them to improve the standard of threads to our previous highs in the cup winning season would be a good start.

:confused: Do they have some inside info on what the thread budget will be next year if we don't get promoted then? :wink:

The_Exile
19-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Steve's GIF thread is the stuff of legend, although if Time Team uncover it in a few hundred years they'll think we had an unhealthy fascination with ducks and frogs.

BroxburnHibee
19-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Best thread ever was the guy pretending to be Dean Shiels.

I got no work done that day :hilarious

Smartie
19-11-2014, 10:27 AM
It was the Ian Murray honeymoon thread for me.

The Green Goblin
19-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Does anyone else miss some of the old threads?

VivaHiberņa
19-11-2014, 10:43 AM
The Hearts Admin Thread. It didn't end the way a lot of people wanted it to but I wasted days of my life crying with laughter at some of the stuff on there. I was even going to (half) jokingly suggest having it made into a book. The golden summer of admin 2013 and the long "frozen shares" wait were good fun, even if we did end up looking a bit daft.

leggeto
19-11-2014, 10:54 AM
The gif thread by a country mile,what a laugh

NAE NOOKIE
19-11-2014, 11:01 AM
The Indy Ref thread on the Holy Ground this year and the Yams Admin and Rangers meltdown threads for joint all time favourites.

FranckSuzy
19-11-2014, 11:01 AM
For me it's got to be the MK Dons v AFC Wimbledon thread :tee hee:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250224-MK-dons-v-AFC-Wimbledon/page3&highlight=MK+Dons

Hibs fans not going to the game either :faf:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=1770&fid=545&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113755908

NAE NOOKIE
19-11-2014, 11:03 AM
The Hearts Admin Thread. It didn't end the way a lot of people wanted it to but I wasted days of my life crying with laughter at some of the stuff on there. I was even going to (half) jokingly suggest having it made into a book. The golden summer of admin 2013 and the long "frozen shares" wait were good fun, even if we did end up looking a bit daft.

Not alone mate .... there was times that crossed my mind too :agree:

Haymaker
19-11-2014, 11:46 AM

:hyper:

The_Exile
19-11-2014, 11:57 AM

100%.

Gatecrasher
19-11-2014, 12:27 PM

I loved that I saw Haymaker replied and I knew what it was going to be but I clicked on it anyway just to see. :greengrin

Keith_M
19-11-2014, 12:33 PM

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250224-MK-dons-v-AFC-Wimbledon/page3&highlight=MK+Dons

Hibs fans not going to the game either :faf:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=1770&fid=545&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113755908

Forgot about that one.

It gets my vote for the Thread Of The Year Award

:agree:

EDIT: Oops, that was actually from 2 years ago. Is it really that long?

Haymaker
19-11-2014, 12:48 PM
I loved that I saw Haymaker replied and I knew what it was going to be but I clicked on it anyway just to see. :greengrin

This.

VivaHiberņa
19-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Any chance of a link to the gif thread? I don't remember it and feel like I'm missing out :confused:

Distraught.

Wighty76
19-11-2014, 01:17 PM
What aboutt desperate dans GIRFUY thread?

what ever happened to him ?

Keith_M
19-11-2014, 01:20 PM

Didn't he get Mutually Consented?

This summer must hold the record for the number of long term posters given the heave-ho. This place went into melt down in May/June.

Greencore
19-11-2014, 01:28 PM

Link?

SteveHFC
19-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Any chance of a link to the gif thread? I don't remember it and feel like I'm missing out :confused:

Distraught.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?290476-The-Leigh-Griffiths-signing-gif-guf-thread&highlight=

Diclonius
19-11-2014, 01:40 PM
My yearly favourite thread would be the yearly favourite thread thread thread.

FranckSuzy
19-11-2014, 01:41 PM

:agree: Good shout :aok:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?264004-Girfuy&highlight=GIRFUY

He changed his username to Saorsa and you can tell by the first post what happened to him :wink:

Spike Mandela
19-11-2014, 01:56 PM

Wasted months of my life obsessing with this thread and the Sevco thread.

Should have listened to the wise men on the first page stating "they will get away with it" and should have just switched off .net and rediscovered family, friends and indeed life.

Definitely best threads ever for highs and lows though.

Leith Mo
19-11-2014, 02:05 PM
The thread about them dying was great but for sheer inventiveness the "Yamosaurus" (One and Two, Possibly Three?) dictionary-type threads were hilarious

BroxburnHibee
19-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Link?

Sadly - it was removed by admin at the time and was lost in the Internet :greengrin

One of the funniest things I have ever read on here IMO - was literally in tears at that boy and I think it was 'MattyF' who kept winding him up even more........

Wighty76
19-11-2014, 02:51 PM

This summer must hold the record for the number of long term posters given the heave-ho. This place went into melt down in May/June.

Aye I vaguely mind him getting more and more peeved about things.

Twas a good thread though.

Wighty76
19-11-2014, 02:52 PM

He changed his username to Saorsa and you can tell by the first post what happened to him :wink:

Danke

PatHead
19-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Mikey's "You can forget about relegation thread" has to be the worst, even worse than them getting away with it.

Got more and more depressing as time went on.

Pobably get banned for even mentioning it now :)

silverhibee
19-11-2014, 03:30 PM

Yep, superb stuff. :thumbsup:

Mikey
19-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Mikey's "You can forget about relegation thread" has to be the worst

Aye. Trying to show some sort of support towards the team at that time proved to be extremely unpopular.

The Modfather
19-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Aye. Trying to show some sort of support towards the team at that time proved to be extremely unpopular.

:ostrich:

Hibbyradge
19-11-2014, 05:29 PM

Consequently, it's the apple she nurtured that went furthest. :cb

http://www.nndb.com/people/757/000022691/jim1-80.jpg

Hibernia&Alba
19-11-2014, 05:30 PM

Absolutely. Tempers understandably frayed amongst the support, and it all got too much for a few.

Rangers and Hearts meltdown threads were a very satisfying distraction and get my vote. Post of the year to Steve's shocked eagle, which still makes me laugh. Small things amuse small minds :-D

cowdenhibby
19-11-2014, 07:23 PM
I laughed my head off at the thread when Rix got the Yams job.:greengrin

Pretty Boy
19-11-2014, 07:34 PM
I laughed my head off at the thread when Rix got the Yams job.:greengrin

The one where Burley got sacked was even better.

The yam who came on with the immortal line 'just when I thought the straw clutching on here couldn't get any worse'.

Mr White
19-11-2014, 07:38 PM
The world cup thread this year was enjoyable- quality entertainment to go with such a good tournament :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
19-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Does anyone else miss some of the old threads?

I do, all the time.

Does anyone know what the ginger one in girls aloud is up to nowadays?

Hiber-nation
19-11-2014, 08:17 PM

This was my DD favourite :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?271359-Pleasing!-(and-proud-So-very-proud-)&p=3837403&viewfull=1#post3837403

Danderhall Hibs
19-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Is Mr Magoo still on here?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?62046-re-calender-signing

FranckSuzy
19-11-2014, 09:14 PM

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?271359-Pleasing!-(and-proud-So-very-proud-)&p=3837403&viewfull=1#post3837403

:faf: :thumbsup:

R'Albin
19-11-2014, 09:26 PM
The "We are Hibs, we are good, we've got Celtic on the run" thread is still my all time favourite. It still makes me giggle thinking that somebody genuinely thought that was a decent song :greengrin

VivaHiberņa
20-11-2014, 02:10 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?290476-The-Leigh-Griffiths-signing-gif-guf-thread&highlight=

:hilarious:hilarious FANX

Decent thread, but not quite thread of the year material. It appears to be this one (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285591-Paul-Kane-has-Met-Sir-Tom&p=4059836&viewfull=1#post4059836) that got him banned.

That was a belter of a thread (and a cracking post). Contributed to many a wasted afternoon... :greengrin

(This post is my tribute to Westandwannabe's contribution to my favourite thread, can't have a thread of year thread without that coming up. Long-live the multiquote.)

Diclonius
23-11-2014, 02:48 AM
The "We are Hibs, we are good, we've got Celtic on the run" thread is still my all time favourite. It still makes me giggle thinking that somebody genuinely thought that was a decent song :greengrin

That sounds amazing. Is the thread still about?

My_Wife_Camille
23-11-2014, 01:16 PM
A couple of old ones that were a good laugh.

Around 2005, a Celtic fan by the name of ScottyBhoy came on here before we played Celtic away with a horrific patronising spiel about how he didn't mind Hibs and all the usual 'little cousin' ***** that Celtic fans like to give. He gave some more ***** about wishing us luck against the 'Champions Elect' and was nowhere to be seen when we went on to pump them 3-1

Another one was a Hearts fan who came on here ranting about how Hearts were going to beat Hibs and go on another run of 22 unbeaten. Brian Kerr shut the creep up that day too haha

BroxburnHibee
23-11-2014, 01:27 PM
A couple of old ones that were a good laugh.

Around 2005, a Celtic fan by the name of ScottyBhoy came on here before we played Celtic away with a horrific patronising spiel about how he didn't mind Hibs and all the usual 'little cousin' ***** that Celtic fans like to give. He gave some more ***** about wishing us luck against the 'Champions Elect' and was nowhere to be seen when we went on to pump them 3-1

Another one was a Hearts fan who came on here ranting about how Hearts were going to beat Hibs and go on another run of 22 unbeaten. Brian Kerr shut the creep up that day too haha

The second one you speak of is in The Vault.......

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?88571-Are-Hearts-at-the-start-of-another-run-of-22-games

matty_f
23-11-2014, 01:50 PM
The Deano thread was epic, first thing I did when I joined the admin team was hunt for it, sadly it was gone.

That's the only time I've genuinely felt ashamed to have taken a salary for being at work because not a thing got done!

HibbyAndy
23-11-2014, 01:57 PM
The Deano thread was epic, first thing I did when I joined the admin team was hunt for it, sadly it was gone.

That's the only time I've genuinely felt ashamed to have taken a salary for being at work because not a thing got done!

:agree:

That thread was outstanding :greengrin

Diclonius
23-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Actually, I'd probably say the "waiting on the fans getting back" thread under Mixu when we beat Hamilton was probably the highlight of hibs.net. Did we ever confirm that all the fans did indeed come back?

Another great highlight from Hamilton was when Murray came on for Miller. :agree:

Pretty Boy
23-11-2014, 03:40 PM
'Lol, he's gonnae pump her'

Mibbes Aye
23-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Blame Rod Petrie, and Christian Nade is Pish.

the guy pretending to be Dean Shiels.

the Ian Murray honeymoon thread for me.

the "waiting on the fans getting back" thread under Mixu when we beat Hamilton

:agree: with the calendar thread as the daddy of them all.

For PM Board value, the first Pirate Day thread was quality but my favourite was when Gramo started a thread about a new mystery energy drink he wasn't allowed to talk about. That was rare :greengrin

Peevemor
24-11-2014, 12:09 AM
The Nade photoshop thread was pretty epic too.

Mibbes Aye
24-11-2014, 12:41 AM
The Nade photoshop thread was pretty epic too.

Forgot that :agree:

Nade's packed lunch box

My_Wife_Camille
24-11-2014, 08:16 AM
:agree: with the calendar thread as the daddy of them all.

For PM Board value, the first Pirate Day thread was quality but my favourite was when Gramo started a thread about a new mystery energy drink he wasn't allowed to talk about. That was rare :greengrin

Haha Garmos Guy Goo!

stantonhibby
24-11-2014, 08:54 AM
'Lol, he's gonnae pump her'

Ha - was that the one where someone foolishly started a thread asking for suggestions for what to get his girlfriend for valentines/birthday or something............surprised there were about 4 or 5 sensible replies before someone posted " just pump her "

Peevemor
24-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Ha - was that the one where someone foolishly started a thread asking for suggestions for what to get his girlfriend for valentines/birthday or something............surprised there were about 4 or 5 sensible replies before someone posted " just pump her "

No, somebody very nicely started a thread about Ian Murray getting married, which very quickly filled with innuenso (dribbling in the box, etc.) then, after a couple of pages, somebody interjected with the classic "LOL, he's going to pump her".

Swedish hibee
24-11-2014, 08:16 PM

I agree. It used to be a laugh on here. I long for the fun to come back :partyhibb