PDA

View Full Version : End of season predictions

timewilltell
16-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Hearts to win the league....Hibs to beat The Rangers in the play-off..👍

Pretty Boy
16-11-2014, 05:03 PM
We'll be in the play offs.

After that I don't know. Assuming we finish 3rd or 4th I'm not sure I can see us successfully navigating 6 games to promotion.

silverhibee
16-11-2014, 05:04 PM
We won't be relegated.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Hearts to win the league....Hibs to beat The Rangers in the play-off..

Well, as your username suggests. Time will tell.

scoopyboy
16-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Hearts to win the league....Hibs to beat The Rangers in the play-off..

After we eliminate the cream buns how do we get on against the Premiership team?

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-11-2014, 05:06 PM
We'll be in the play offs.

After that I don't know. Assuming we finish 3rd or 4th I'm not sure I can see us successfully navigating 6 games to promotion.

This is how I see it too.

scoopyboy
16-11-2014, 05:09 PM
I think we will defeat the team that finishes third or fourth (ie we will finish third or fourth).

We will then lose out to the team that finishes second.

If we beat the team that finishes second then I think we would beat the 11th placed team to go up.

scuttle
16-11-2014, 05:18 PM
IMO Best we will achieve is 3rd, worst probably 5th, as it stands wouldn't be too optimistic about the playoffs

SteveHFC
16-11-2014, 05:19 PM
In the play-offs and lose to Hearts :rolleyes:

HH81
16-11-2014, 05:22 PM
I may be wrong but didn't Hamilton do the full play offs and build up a head of steam?

Sir David Gray
16-11-2014, 05:27 PM
I may be wrong but didn't Hamilton do the full play offs and build up a head of steam?

No.

They finished second so they only played two rounds.

Falkirk and Queen of the South were 3rd and 4th last year.

Pretty Boy
16-11-2014, 05:27 PM

Nope.

Hamilton finished 2nd. Falkirk played QOTS in the 1st play off match.

Edit: Too slow.

Hibrandenburg
16-11-2014, 05:44 PM
We won't be relegated.

Déjà vu!

HH81
16-11-2014, 05:53 PM
No.

They finished second so they only played two rounds.

Falkirk and Queen of the South were 3rd and 4th last year.

My memory is bad.

greengnome
16-11-2014, 06:22 PM
After 49 years of supporting the Hibs, I really hate to say this, but I believe we are destined for at least 2 seasons in this league.

This is just my thoughts, and I would hope to be proven wrong, but we are at present in a "Mess", so to speak, and until we get ourselves sorted out within the club, and on the park, nothing looks too rosy to me at present... The tin hat is on, but again, my thoughts only!

:flag::flag::flag: GGTTH

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-11-2014, 06:30 PM
In the play-offs and lose to Hearts :rolleyes:

That's how I'm imagining it as well mate 😩

Heisenberg
16-11-2014, 06:34 PM
3rd or 4th placed finish and knocked out of the playoffs at some stage. Hearts will win the league.

Steve20
16-11-2014, 06:42 PM
We'll lose to Rangers in the playoffs.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2014, 06:42 PM
My prediction is that we'll finish 3rd or 4th and lose to Sevco in the play offs.

California-Hibs
16-11-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm telling you right now, Rangers will win the league, I'm so confident of it, even given the start Hearts have made.

My prediction is...,

1. Rangers
2. Hearts
3. Hibs
4. Queen Of The South

We'll beat QOTS to set up a 2 leg cracker with Hearts.

Then it's anyone's game, too hard to call, but that's what's going to happen folks, sorry for the spoiler.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2014, 06:49 PM
I'm telling you right now, Rangers will win the league, I'm so confident of it, even given the start Hearts have made.

My prediction is...,

1. Rangers
2. Hearts
3. Hibs
4. Queen Of The South

We'll beat QOTS to set up a 2 leg cracker with Hearts.

Then it's anyone's game, too hard to call, but that's what's going to happen folks, sorry for the spoiler.

I don't see it.

Hearts' home record is fantastic and they're scoring for fun at Tynecastle.

I realise that there's still a long way to go but Sevco don't look anywhere near as good as Hearts right now and I fancy Hearts to beat them next week.

Pete
16-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Sevco will win the league and they'll beat their cousins next week.

We will prevail in the play offs.

Pretty Boy
16-11-2014, 06:57 PM
I don't see it.

I realise that there's still a long way to go but Sevco don't look anywhere near as good as Hearts right now and I fancy Hearts to beat them next week.

If Hearts win next week I'd be very worried indeed, 9 pointd ahead with same number of games played is a big lead going into December.

If Rangers win I think that throws the whole thing wide open again.

Next week really is the proverbial 6 pointer.

GlasgowHibee
16-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Hearts to win the league, us to finish 3rd with Rangers in the middle.

Think we'll beat Rangers in play-off but somehow manage to **** it up against the premiership team.

jacomo
16-11-2014, 07:15 PM
After 49 years of supporting the Hibs, I really hate to say this, but I believe we are destined for at least 2 seasons in this league.

This is just my thoughts, and I would hope to be proven wrong, but we are at present in a "Mess", so to speak, and until we get ourselves sorted out within the club, and on the park, nothing looks too rosy to me at present... The tin hat is on, but again, my thoughts only!

:flag::flag::flag: GGTTH

Two seasons in this division and LD's recovery plan will be way off course. It will be harder to keep the people we want to keep, of course.

The hierarchy at Hibs may look back at summer 2014 and ask themselves why they didn't do more to build a squad that could win the League.

My_Wife_Camille
16-11-2014, 07:17 PM
I don't see it.

Rangers have scored the same number of goals as Hearts this season. They've both scored 35

Heisenberg
16-11-2014, 07:19 PM
I just think Rangers are more likely to slip up and draw/lose games than Hearts. I'd say we have a much better chance in the playoffs against Rangers.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Rangers have scored the same number of goals as Hearts this season. They've both scored 35

And we have scored 18 with a plus goal difference of 5, yet apparently there's not much between the teams?

Sir David Gray
16-11-2014, 07:27 PM

Their record at Tynecastle, though, is perfect so far.

They're also scoring an average of almost four goals per home game.

Sevco's away record isn't bad either but it's not as good as Hearts' home record.

erskine-hibby
16-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Unless there is a HUGE step up by us, and THEY slip up, we will be playing in this division next year.

emerald green
16-11-2014, 07:33 PM
It's just pure guesswork this. A lot will depend on injuries and suspensions picked up by all teams from now until the end of the season, and what happens in the January transfer window. Who comes in and who goes?

A sixteen point lead already for the Yams is beyond Hibs to pull back unless they have a catastrophic collapse (I wish).

The newco will spend/borrow whatever it takes to strengthen in the January transfer window. I don't think Hibs have got the financial muscle to compete with them.

So, best case scenario for Hibs is third, but even that is not a given IMO. My heart says Hibs might make it through the play-offs with a bit of luck. Something we haven't had a lot of recently. My head says they won't make it through three play-off ties. Hope I'm wrong.

southern hibby
16-11-2014, 07:44 PM
I think there will be league reconstruction with 16 teams I'n the premiership. Nothing to base this on except two things, Gordon Strachan's comments and a gut feeling that Hibs are happy to just go along and get into the top 4 placings.

Obviously I think a lot of league reconstruction will depend on where The newest team I'n Scotland ends up. If they're first SFA will be happy if they go into administration again (unlikely with Ashley helping ) then no league reconstruction.

However The newest team to win league and us to beat the poppy thieves I'n play offs.

GGTTH

TheFamous1875
16-11-2014, 07:51 PM
We'll get into the playoffs, and Hearts should win the league. Depending on form/injuries, we should beat Rangers in the play offs. If Rangers win the league, it'll come down to bottle between us and them.

matty_f
16-11-2014, 08:00 PM
I think we'll go up in the play-off.

LancashireHibby
16-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Beat The Rangers in the play offs and then lose to Queen of the South.

Salisbury Hibby
16-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Beat The Rangers in the play offs and then lose to Queen of the South.

Do you seriously think QOTS will be second?

H18Y GW
16-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Im not fussed for 2nd 3rd or 4th,were not winning the league ,and im sure an extra game to keep it going ie the 3rd v 4th playoff may be a benefit in terms of keeping playing.