I'd prefer it if the Belgians win.

Chibs
16-11-2014, 05:10 PM
ok

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2014, 05:12 PM

:agree: Me too, cant stand a lot of the Welsh.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-11-2014, 05:15 PM

ok :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2014, 05:16 PM
ok :greengrin

Its a Blackpool thing. :greengrin

Chibs
16-11-2014, 05:24 PM
why?

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2014, 05:27 PM
why?

When i had a hotel in town, the geordies and the yorkshire folk along with a lot of the Welsh were some of the worst human beings i have ever met.

Pretty Boy
16-11-2014, 05:37 PM
When i had a hotel in town, the geordies and the yorkshire folk along with a lot of the Welsh were some of the worst human beings i have ever met.

Can't comment on Geordies or Yorkshire folk (the ones I know are all decent people) but my experience of the Welsh is poor as well.

Again aware it's a massive generalisation but when I was working in a hotel we used to dread them coming up for the rugby. The English, Irish and Scots could be tough but generally took a telling when it threatened to get out of hand. The Welsh always, always took it too far. Pissing in pint glasses then handing it to bar staff as a 'joke', groping young waitresses, trashing rooms, smoking inside, one of them took a ***** in the middle of the public toilet floor once.....

Chibs
16-11-2014, 05:52 PM
If my memory serves me correct you did not mention the Welsh in your post,
However if I am wrong I appolgise

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2014, 05:54 PM
If my memory serves me correct you did not mention the Welsh in your post,
However if I am wrong I appolgise

I didnt. :confused:

Billy Whizz
16-11-2014, 06:37 PM
For such a small country, they've got more players playing tonight in their starting 11 playing at the top level in England/Spain, than Scotland did against ROI

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Considering that football is a distant second to rugby, that is a quality team.

Hibs Class
16-11-2014, 07:55 PM
I lived in Wales for three years in the nineties, some of the best years of my life, and lifelong friendships made. I'm sure they have their fair share of clowns, but no more than we are stuck with up here. I'm always pleased to see the Welsh do well at sports.

LancashireHibby
16-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Considering that football is a distant second to rugby, that is a quality team.
Don't think that's the case these days, especially with Cardiff and Swansea a lot higher up the leagues than they used to be.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Mental scenes at the San Siro right now as the Croatian fans are throwing flares, fireworks and all sorts onto the pitch.

The game's currently stopped as they wait for the smoke to clear and for things to calm down in the away end.

Live on ITV 4.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Riot police are now being deployed.

nellio
16-11-2014, 09:41 PM
We were awesome, been waiting my whole life for us to qualify for a tournament.

Don't tar us all with the same brush, every place has its fair share of idiots but most of us are good folk. Have cracking banter with the scots daily in work, but have also seen some right idiots up here but wouldn't think of saying anything like I dislike all scots just based on a few idiots.

Peevemor
16-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Can't comment on Geordies or Yorkshire folk (the ones I know are all decent people) but my experience of the Welsh is poor as well.

Again aware it's a massive generalisation but when I was working in a hotel we used to dread them coming up for the rugby. The English, Irish and Scots could be tough but generally took a telling when it threatened to get out of hand. The Welsh always, always took it too far. Pissing in pint glasses then handing it to bar staff as a 'joke', groping young waitresses, trashing rooms, smoking inside, one of them took a ***** in the middle of the public toilet floor once.....

My mum worked in a wee hotel and the "Welsh weekend" was always looked forward to by the staff and the bar's locals, but almost everyone noticed a change in the atmosphere which coincided with the miners' strike/pit closures. Maybe just a coincidence, but I don't know how much effect what happened had on the national psyche? :dunno:

Bishop Hibee
16-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Interesting comment. The end of traditional industries certainly had a very negative effect on the communities of Co Durham. A lot of anger and helplessness.

The_Todd
17-11-2014, 11:14 AM
So you've all met a couple of Welsh rugby fans so you don't like the Welsh?

As a Welshman myself this would be the same as me meeting some Rangers fans then deciding I didn't like the Scottish very much. Idiots are idiots, and believe me I've seen many Scottish rugby fans acting like idiots as well.

nellio
17-11-2014, 11:57 AM

As a Welshman myself this would be the same as me meeting some Rangers fans then deciding I didn't like the Scottish very much. Idiots are idiots, and believe me I've seen many Scottish rugby fans acting like idiots as well.

Spot on mate. Same as me exactly.

jacomo
17-11-2014, 12:01 PM

Probably says more about Blackpool than the Geordies, Welsh or Gods Own Folk to be fair...

:wink:

The_Exile
17-11-2014, 12:41 PM

Correct, an ********'s an ******** wherever you go, and a big sporting event attracts plenty of them. Got a couple of Welsh mates and they're the kindest folk on this Earth. Booze combined with your sporting tribalism equals a f***in' nightmare for folk in the hospitality game.

Anyway, a fantastic point for Wales and I reckon they'll qualify from that group if they avoid picking up injuries/suspensions to their big players.

Keith_M
17-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Mental scenes at the San Siro right now as the Croatian fans are throwing flares, fireworks and all sorts onto the pitch.

The game's currently stopped as they wait for the smoke to clear and for things to calm down in the away end.

Live on ITV 4.

Riot police are now being deployed.

They seem to be competing in the disgusting behaviour stakes with the Turks at Dortmund recently.

Would be nice to see them both get bans from travelling to away games.

Oscar T Grouch
17-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Personally I have only good things to say about the Welsh I've come across in my life.

When I worked in a hotel I always looked forward to the Welsh rugby weekend. It was always tiring but the long hours and hassle was always out weighed by the sheer volume of bar sales. So a few things got broken, a couple of Fire extinguishers get set off, we still made a fortune over the weekend and they always left a great tip for the staff.

I miss those weekends ☺️

Lucius Apuleius
17-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Got a couple of very good Welsh mates. Even had a beautiful girlfriend from the old Sandfields estate many many moons ago. My old man however had a totally incomprehensible hatred for everything Welsh. Something to do with the war but never did get to the bottom of it. The fact my younger brother married someone of Welsh descent hurt him more than the fact he also turned into a yam.

Heedersnvolleys
17-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Don't think that's the case these days, especially with Cardiff and Swansea a lot higher up the leagues than they used to be.
Participating there is definitely still a massive difference between rugby and football, attending games it maybe growing but Cardiff and Swansea don't have the biggest of grounds in EPL.
it amazes me still that a village of a population of no more than 1k or 2k can field a rugby team maybe even 2 and the next village only 1 or 2 miles away can do the same!

pacorosssco
17-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Most rugby players fans behavoir with drink and in their work place is a disgrace.

Never liked them and dont get me started on the privately educated ones

lord bunberry
17-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Most rugby players fans behavoir with drink and in their work place is a disgrace.

Never liked them and dont get me started on the privately educated ones

That's true I hate working when the rugbys on, they maybe don't fight with each other but some of them behave appallingly. We don't really see large scale football matches in Edinburgh, but football crowds tend to be different. Most will have a good drink before the game then head home to wherever they're from after the game. Rugby fans drink before, during and after the game.

Scouse Hibee
17-11-2014, 08:51 PM
English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, have met erseholes from every nation and some right good folk too. I don't use the tar brush on any group of people.