PDA

View Full Version : Bed Wetters

dp00
16-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Geeez one poor performance where we never lost and we have all started wetting the bed again

This season was always going to be bumpy ride , we need to support the team thro think and thin

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Geeez one poor performance where we never lost and we have all started wetting the bed again

This season was always going to be bumpy ride , we need to support the team thro think and thin

Only one? Alloa away, QOS away, falkirk at home, dumbarton at home, QOS at home..... Folk are right to be pissed off. Hardly think it's wetting the bed. Fans who forked out for season tickets under false promises of the money being invested back into the team are pissed off and rightly so.

This is season so far has been unacceptable.

southsider
16-11-2014, 11:15 AM

So you think that is acceptable ? It is a league full of pub players my friend and we cannot beat teams that defend deep. Such a sad state of affairs.

J-C
16-11-2014, 11:20 AM
We went into a game playing 4-2-3-1 full of laddies that have so far failed to impress in the majority of games they've started, outwith our 1st eleven we have a pretty poor squad full of kids and underachievers like Heff etc.

We never added to the strike force when Alagui got injured as we were always needing another striker when Malonga came in, we needed him plus another( Griffiths or someone similar ) as it just showed yesterday how weak our 2nd string back up players are.

PatHead
16-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Think the problem is that is now 5 home draws on the trot. If we had won these games the league would look very different - so would this place

emerald green
16-11-2014, 11:31 AM

I simply don't know where to begin answering this one!

How about this? How many "poor performances" has the Hibs support had to endure at ER, lets say, over the last two seasons and this one so far?

Unbelievable that Hibs are still able to get 10,000+ these days. Those that still turn up DO support the team through thick and thin, but get slaughtered by fellow supporters if some dare voice their displeasure or frustration at another poor result.

I'll say again, there have been improvements under AS, but not enough and not quick enough. He can only work with what he has got, and clearly the first team squad hasn't got the strength in depth required to win this league - the Championship FFS.

SaulGoodman
16-11-2014, 11:32 AM
I find it funny how when we're playing well everyone's all "We're going to have blips, we're a work in progress and I can accept that"

And then after we DRAW (yes, we didn't actually lose yesterday, shock) one game after playing well for weeks this soon goes out the window and we're back to being the worst football team in the country.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Just like last season, with all the doom and gloomers that said we wouldn't finish top six and even suggested that we might go down.

Pretty Boy
16-11-2014, 11:46 AM
I find it funny how when we're playing well everyone's all "We're going to have blips, we're a work in progress and I can accept that"

And then after we DRAW (yes, we didn't actually lose yesterday, shock) one game after playing well for weeks this soon goes out the window and we're back to being the worst football team in the country.

I don't think it's funny. I think the last few weeks have shown that, contrary to popular belief, people are actually desperate to be positive about things.

Results like yesterday just drive home how far we are from being anywhere near we need and want to be. I keep hearing this is a tight league but 1 teams is miles clear and another has a comfortable grip on 2nd. If we were clear in 3rd we'd perhaps be able to say we were just unlucky to be up against Rangers and Hearts. As it is we are in a play off spot by the skin of our teeth, have won 2 home league games all season and are struggling badly against team we will likely be competing with for promotion next season.

People are worried about the situation at Hibs and how it has developed over a very long period of time and 4 or 5 weeks of improved performances isn't going to suddenly change that.

keep the faith
16-11-2014, 11:49 AM

Well said

truehibernian
16-11-2014, 11:49 AM

:aok:

This season above all was/is going to be one of marked inconsistency for a variety of reasons - new manager, ambitious but cutting his teeth at the top level for the first time, therefore mistakes will be made but also good progress and the introduction of really good traits and characteristics. We had a disjointed pre-season with fans disunited and a team getting disbanded and reassembled - that took time and the pre-season was a muddle.

The good results and showings have come when a settled side has emerged and the lads have got used to the system - sadly, our luck injury wise has been a real sickener and I cannot recall a season when all the vital players have been out at the one time - not only have we lost Oxley, Farid, Dylan, Jordon, Robertson and through no fault of his own Malonga - we lost Hanlon and Gray for a few games. And we are only 14 or so games into the season........that would really effect any side.

I keep saying it and it's proving correct - there will be inconsistent showings this season, some superb, some poor, some below standards expected by Stubbs.

For me it's no surprise that we do not score many when Craig plays - he slows play and plays square and safe - contrast that with Dylan and Allan and there is no contest. When that pair play there is a verve and drive and we creat, shoot, win corners, etc. Having players like Farid and Jordon out mean at set pieces we are also less potent. Malonga and Cummings were developing an understanding and Stubbs for me has to take a portion of blame for not going with two up top, perhaps giving Lewis Allan a try given we are/were a team full of confidence and unbeaten. Easier to introduce players into a confident team than a losing side in my opinion.

We didn't lose but the showing was insipid - games like that you need your experienced players centrally to take a grip........enter Liam Craig and his complete lack of ability, passion and drive. Sorry to be so scathing but again, for me, he is not a player I like seeing on the team sheet. We need two more players like Gray in the side - in the middle and up top (in the absence of Farid, who I think has captaincy traits too).

I'm not despondent at all - as long as we maintain an unbeaten run, win some games and create a gap between 3/4th and the rest, I want us to be playing well at the business end of the season as it will be the play-off's that we need to be playing well and full of confidence.

eastterrace
16-11-2014, 11:50 AM

sorry but were did you see someone saying we are the worst team in the country, all that i can see thats been said is we should be beaten teams like q.o.s but we aint and the fans are quite rightly peed off.

Bobby's Cinema
16-11-2014, 11:51 AM
I don't think it's funny. I think the last few weeks have shown that, contrary to popular belief, people are actually desperate to be positive about things.

Results like yesterday just drive home how far we are from being anywhere near we need and want to be. I keep hearing this is a tight league but 1 teams is miles clear and another has a comfortable grip on 2nd. If we were clear in 3rd we'd perhaps be able to say we were just unlucky to be up against Rangers and Hearts. As it is we are in a play off spot by the skin of our teeth, have won 2 home league games all season and are struggling badly against team we will likely be competing with for promotion next season.

People are worried about the situation at Hibs and how it has developed over a very long period of time and 4 or 5 weeks of improved performances isn't going to suddenly change that.
I agree. The crowd, although painfully quiet, were pretty restrained & supportive considering the lack of urgency. In my section anyway

Ryan69
16-11-2014, 11:54 AM

Why was it always gonna be a bumpy ride?
Look at the difference in player budgets,infrastructure to train,ability of the coaching staff in comparison to teams like QOS,Dumbarton...and most of our league!

We should be going into games like yesterday with more than one striker that is for sure! We seem to play like a mid table championship team most weeks!

If that's what your happy with...then so be it,but mediocrity should NEVER be accepted In my book. It's been like this for far too many years now!

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2014, 11:57 AM
I can accept inconsistency. We need to swap being good now and again, for being bad now and again.

Cod Boy
16-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Shows how low this club is when folk come out with comments saying oh well we are still on a unbeaten run.

scuttle
16-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Having seen Hearts twice this season, there is nothing between them and us in fact we should have won the last derby and if Craigs penalty had gone in then who knows . The difference is their mentality over ours ,they are beating every one else put in front of them whilst we struggle against the lesser teams,Why is this?

Billy McKirdy
16-11-2014, 12:15 PM

You've called it as it is my friend.

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Any football team which fails to win at home as often as we do is going to get a hard time from its supporters and we are no exception. We have won 2 out of 8 at home and in this league that's not good enough.

The league is already gone and that is a disappointment when you consider its not even December. In some of our matches we have shown we can be a decent side and you could feel the positivity increase on here as a result. But its a fragile positivity and performances like yesterday are going to provoke a bad reaction.

In view of that as far as I can see its going to be up to the 7 to 9 thousand of us who are turning up on a Saturday to stick with the club and support them to a play off place. If we fail to make even the play offs then heaven help us.

HappyAsHellas
16-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Having seen Hearts twice this season, there is nothing between them and us in fact we should have won the last derby and if Craigs penalty had gone in then who knows . The difference is their mentality over ours ,they are beating every one else put in front of them whilst we struggle against the lesser teams,Why is this?

Certainly not valid after listening to AS at EM last week. I think the main thing is they have had their full complement of strikers available for every game. Goals win games and we didn't have the required punch up front yesterday. We have had to play Heff or Jason up front as the main or indeed only striker due to injuries or international duty. We got relegated last season because we couldn't score goals - this season we can score but have been hampered by these injuries etc. Some of it is sheer bad luck, some managerial nous I suppose, but things will get better, and I still believe we will have the strongest team in the division come the business end of the season.

HoboHarry
16-11-2014, 12:56 PM

I don't think you have grasped the seriousness of the situation. I'm sure some on here would say we are the worst team in the world - maybe even the universe. Maybe if we win our next game we might only be the worst team in the league.

:wink:

The Green Goblin
16-11-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't think you have grasped the seriousness of the situation. I'm sure some on here would say we are the worst team in the world - maybe even the universe. Maybe if we win our next game we might only be the worst team in the league.

:wink:

I don't think it's worth joking about. Maybe it's you who don't realise how serious the situation is? Our shot at automatic promotion is all but gone and we have struggled against the teams which look like they will be top four, that is assuming we are one of them. We are in the championship and miles off the pace. Another season down here (at least) is a very real possibility. Yet here you are mocking/rebuking other fans for being unhappy about that, then joking about it into the bargain.

Dashing Bob S
16-11-2014, 01:12 PM
I don't think it's worth joking about. Maybe it's you who don't realise how serious the situation is? Our shot at automatic promotion is all but gone and we have struggled against the teams which look like they will be top four, that is assuming we are one of them. We are in the championship and miles off the pace. Another season down here (at least) is a very real possibility. Yet here you are mocking/rebuking other fans for being unhappy about that, then joking about it into the bargain.

Fair enough but the club has been in a mess for years and isn't going to be fixed instantly. At least we have people trying to do that and we're moving in the right direction, even if those annoying home draws against dross have damaged us.

Being miserable and moaning about things won't help. Football, like life, is there to be enjoyed. If the people running the club couldn't give a toss or didn't have a clue, then I would be frustrated. But I'm convinced that's not the case, so I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Ray_
16-11-2014, 01:18 PM

Very clever, throw in a hand granade and wait for the fall out.

I'm not buying it, nobody is stupid enough to seriously mean what you are trying to say.

PeeJay
16-11-2014, 01:19 PM

Well actually there is quite a lot between us - look at the table: wins/losses, points, goals scored, and then there's the points we take off them - overall, they are in fact better than us: it's that simple, face up to it. Simply saying it's not so, doesn't make it not so. Why you see it differently is a better question IMO?

emerald green
16-11-2014, 02:15 PM

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall anyone saying that on these threads.

scuttle
16-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Well actually there is quite a lot between us - look at the table: wins/losses, points, goals scored, and then there's the points we take off them - overall, they are in fact better than us: it's that simple, face up to it. Simply saying it's not so, doesn't make it not so. Why you see it differently is a better question IMO?

What I meant was there was nothing between us in the two games we played them ,in fact we were probably the better team, but that's as far as it goes .They are miles in front of us against the so called weaker sides ad its not just down to the quality of strikers, take Sow out and they appear toothless on paper

greenpaper55
16-11-2014, 03:35 PM
Some folk on here just need to think back to how we played at the back end of last season to see the difference in the team. It's difficult to see how we could have done any better yesterday with the squad we have, we were down to the bare bones yesterday as regards team selection against a team who came to sit in for a draw. It's no coincidence we have won more games away this season than at home as when we are away teams have to open up and have a go.

PeeJay
16-11-2014, 03:57 PM
What I meant was there was nothing between us in the two games we played them ,in fact we were probably the better team, but that's as far as it goes .They are miles in front of us against the so called weaker sides ad its not just down to the quality of strikers, take Sow out and they appear toothless on paper

This doesn't really mean anything, it's irrelevant - where we are in the table is relevant: the level of consistent performances (such as they are putting in) is what will achieve promotion. We're just like the so-called weaker teams, we can't beat them or compete with them either.
They won yesterday against a decent Falkirk team, away from home, without Sow - so toothless is off the mark too I think

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2014, 04:00 PM
I was up twice during the night.

scuttle
16-11-2014, 04:13 PM
This doesn't really mean anything, it's irrelevant - where we are in the table is relevant: the level of consistent performances (such as they are putting in) is what will achieve promotion. We're just like the so-called weaker teams, we can't beat them or compete with them either.
They won yesterday against a decent Falkirk team, away from home, without Sow - so toothless is off the mark too I think

Think you are just looking for an argument mate, I am actually agreeing that its not good enough but why despite being similar can they break down teams when we don't seem able to do so, its a mentality thing as they are hardly world beaters either

PeeJay
16-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Think you are just looking for an argument mate, I am actually agreeing that its not good enough but why despite being similar can they break down teams when we don't seem able to do so, its a mentality thing as they are hardly world beaters either

I see it differently, that's all. Not looking for an argument at all - honestly - I don't think we're "similar", not even slightly: you have to look at the bigger picture and there's a reason that we are not in the same area of the picture as they are. We can't score goals, they can.
I just watched the QoS game (1st half) courtesy of Hibs TV*s delayed broadcast - I saw nothing to convince me that we can score enough goals to get anywhere near the play-offs ... not even going to bother with the 2nd half.

You're right about the mentality thing BTW - there you go "mate" :greengrin

Ozyhibby
16-11-2014, 05:27 PM

That's the trouble with Scottish football these days, the standard is so high that one bad game can put you 16 points adrift in the championship.
:-)

sahib
16-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Fair enough but the club has been in a mess for years and isn't going to be fixed instantly. At least we have people trying to do that and we're moving in the right direction, even if those annoying home draws against dross have damaged us.

Being miserable and moaning about things won't help. Football, like life, is there to be enjoyed. If the people running the club couldn't give a toss or didn't have a clue, then I would be frustrated. But I'm convinced that's not the case, so I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

:agree:

Good post.

1two
16-11-2014, 09:01 PM
I say this fully aware that we are on an unbeaten run....

I thought we had hit rock bottom when we lost the penalty shoot out v Hamilton last May.

I now fear rock bottom is still to come, probably at the start of next season when the realisation hits that we're here for another year at least.

The more points we drop, the more likely that is

I didn't boo yesterday because I had ****ed off early for a pint. It was boring and we never looked like scoring.

It's a ***** state of affairs even if their has been some improvement.

Sorry if I'm not up for applauding dross.

I'm all for supporting the team but don't see a problem in letting them know when they weren't good enough.

To top it all off I still feel as though I've (we've) been shafted by the board for the past few years (£400 for a ST after getting relegated being the latest slap in the face) and until their are changes in the department I think I'll continue to hold a bit of 'detachment' from the club. I'm not saying this is why fans might be boo the team, but it certainly doesn't help.