PDA

View Full Version : Btg

theonlywayisup
15-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Chips and curry - how much do you think it would cost?

Pretty Boy
15-11-2014, 07:25 PM
It's £2.50 in my local chippy so allowing for the usual football fan mark up I'll go £3.50.

HH81
15-11-2014, 07:27 PM
2 quid. Sure last time i was in there chips were 1.50.

emerald green
15-11-2014, 07:27 PM
I've got a sneaky feeling it might be £4.50. :wink:

Loopz
15-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Voted £3.50 can't be more than that. Would not surprise me though. Used to go all the time but customer service is non existent.

silverhibee
15-11-2014, 07:39 PM

Well. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
15-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Guy in front of my brother in the queue asked how much a tray of chips was. £3.00 was the answer. Effin ridiculous was the response :wink:

Beefster
15-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Do we win a portion if we guess right?

Pete
15-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Do you mean curry as in an actual curry or curry sauce you get with chips and curry sauce?

judas
15-11-2014, 08:00 PM
The anticipation is killing me. Can you bring me to a climax?

theonlywayisup
15-11-2014, 08:05 PM
The anticipation is killing me. Can you bring me to a climax?

No...I'm going to let this run and run.

theonlywayisup
15-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Do you mean curry as in an actual curry or curry sauce you get with chips and curry sauce?

No sauce, as in sprinkled over the chips.

Bishop Hibee
15-11-2014, 08:10 PM
I hate 'Chinese' style curry sauce so I don't care! Has anyone tried the lentil soup yet?

DC_Hibs
15-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Anyone know what time this thrupenny bit is publishing the result?

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-11-2014, 08:39 PM
More excitement on this thread than at the game.
Also discovered in the Hibs club before the game that they now have Joker IPA on tap. Also more exciting than the game

Onceinawhile
15-11-2014, 09:30 PM
I was in there sitting some exams recently. Is it yellow enough?

silverhibee
15-11-2014, 09:34 PM
No...I'm going to let this run and run.

Was that due to the curry sauce.

Jack Hackett
16-11-2014, 12:06 PM
No idea what they're charging but expect it's exorbitant, pretty much the same as all catered foods/snacks/drinks everywhere in these islands.

Speaking for myself, I tend to avoid all of them purely on principle...the principle being that I refuse to be ripped off by robbing bassas :greengrin

iwasthere1972
16-11-2014, 12:17 PM
No idea but I'll take a stab in the dark that it's between £1.50 and £4.50.

When are we going to be told. The suspense is killing me.

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2014, 12:29 PM
On the subject of BTG ...... The lay out is rubbish, if you get there after 1:00pm you have no chance of a table ... I'm sure if they jiggered it about a bit they could get more tables in. Also, whats with the plastic glasses, they are a pain in the erse.

Ringothedog
16-11-2014, 04:49 PM
On the subject of BTG ...... The lay out is rubbish, if you get there after 1:00pm you have no chance of a table ... I'm sure if they jiggered it about a bit they could get more tables in. Also, whats with the plastic glasses, they are a pain in the erse.

Plastic glasses are only in the family part us real drinkers upstairs get our pints in real glasses. BTW can you get a plastic glass surely it should be called a "plastic"

Jonnyboy
16-11-2014, 06:33 PM
I was in BTG yesterday and witnessed one Rod Petrie having a wee laugh with a couple of kids. :agree:

Pretty Boy
16-11-2014, 06:47 PM
I was in BTG yesterday and witnessed one Rod Petrie having a wee laugh with a couple of kids. :agree:

Sweet talking them before sending them up the chimneys.

Probably.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-11-2014, 06:51 PM

I think Stephen Hawking would struggle to solve this conundrum.

Beefster
16-11-2014, 07:28 PM
We need a definitive answer. I can't go a second night without sleep.

Jonnyboy
16-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Sweet talking them before sending them up the chimneys.

Probably.

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Plastic glasses are only in the family part us real drinkers upstairs get our pints in real glasses. BTW can you get a plastic glass surely it should be called a "plastic"

My glasses have plastic lenses ..... does that mean I wear plastics? :nerd:

HFC 0-7
17-11-2014, 12:37 AM
My glasses have plastic lenses ..... does that mean I wear plastics? :nerd:

They are called spectacles

NAE NOOKIE
17-11-2014, 01:23 PM
They are called spectacles

:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2014, 01:41 PM

If you answer this question before the thread reaches at least five pages, I for one, will be bitterly disappointed.

Hermit Crab
17-11-2014, 02:06 PM
If you answer this question before the thread reaches at least five pages, I for one, will be bitterly disappointed.

20 pager.

McSwanky
17-11-2014, 02:14 PM
No sauce, as in sprinkled over the chips.

I'm not being funny, but do they actually sprinkle the sauce over the chips? Because that in itself would be worth paying the full £4.50 for.

If you wouldn't mind clarifying the method of depositing the sauce over the chips, I can then make an informed decision on which option to choose.

Many thanks.

sadtom
17-11-2014, 02:20 PM
£1.50 for a can of skoosh is bad enough. Huge mark up.
Always seems to be quiet whenever i go in after the games now.
Should defo try to use the facilities better than is being done at present.

silverhibee
17-11-2014, 02:28 PM

I overheard him saying"did your parents really pay £4.50 for the curry and chips, mugs" as RP laughed away. :greengrin

worcesterhibby
17-11-2014, 04:37 PM
You're going to have to be more specific about the ingredients list for the curry, some types of curry for instance include saffron as an ingredient..currently saffron costs around £10,000 a kilo..so that could make a huge difference to the cost of the sauce. In that case you might think it's expensive, but it may be an absolute bargain.

Full chemical analysis of the curry sauce required before you can expect us to make an informed estimate of the costs.

To be fair we could do with some info on the type of potato's used as well. If it's king edwards (god forbid, sassanach veg) or Maris Piper then again the costs will be higher. I am told that the Pentland Dell variety is the chip connoisseurs spud of choice..again their use would increase costs considerably.

Keith_M
17-11-2014, 04:52 PM

Admit it, you're the Catering Manager in BTG and trying to find out how much you can get away with charging.

If I could make a recommendation, you should start selling Currywurst. It'll sell like hot cakes.

Oh and you should obviously sell hot cakes as well, for the same reason.

NAE NOOKIE
17-11-2014, 04:54 PM
You're going to have to be more specific about the ingredients list for the curry, some types of curry for instance include saffron as an ingredient..currently saffron costs around £10,000 a kilo..so that could make a huge difference to the cost of the sauce. In that case you might think it's expensive, but it may be an absolute bargain.

Full chemical analysis of the curry sauce required before you can expect us to make an informed estimate of the costs.

To be fair we could do with some info on the type of potato's used as well. If it's king edwards (god forbid, sassanach veg) or Maris Piper then again the costs will be higher. I am told that the Pentland Dell variety is the chip connoisseurs spud of choice..again their use would increase costs considerably.

All this is true .... we could also question if the chips are twice fried, that would increase labour and fuel costs.

The_Exile
17-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Refuse to answer until there's confirmation there's a prize for the winner.

lord bunberry
17-11-2014, 07:44 PM

No saffron was harmed in the making of said curry sauce

Onceinawhile
17-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Refuse to answer until there's confirmation there's a prize for the winner.

Plasma tv been donated by jkb.

PatHead
17-11-2014, 08:27 PM
I overheard him saying"did your parents really pay £4.50 for the curry and chips, mugs" as RP laughed away. :greengrin

I heard him say another £1.50 for them, another £3.00 for me......... be able to retire soon at this rate .

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Admit it, you're the Catering Manager in BTG and trying to find out how much you can get away with charging.

If I could make a recommendation, you should start selling Currywurst. It'll sell like hot cakes.

Was in Germany for a stag weekend recently and lived on curry wurst for days. Outstanding

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-11-2014, 09:10 PM
£1.50 for a can of skoosh is bad enough. Huge mark up.
Always seems to be quiet whenever i go in after the games now.
Should defo try to use the facilities better than is being done at present.

Each guest in the South stand was handed a letter from the club(Leeann) on entrance last Saturday. It thanked them for helping commemorate the outbreak of WW1 and invited them all into BTG for a drink and the Scotland v All Blacks game afterwards. I also noticed when I drove past on Sunday that BTG was being used by some third party for an exhibition. Looked heaving. Hopefully it starts getting used more

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Eat a small lunch around mid-day, maybe a tin of soup and a slice of toast.

Have the Mrs rustle up up a Crombies steak pie with roasties and carrots for tea.

Leave the curried chips, pizza and cans of fizzy sugar to rot on the shelves. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-11-2014, 10:04 PM
I am guessing that the price will have gone up, since the thread started.

PatHead
18-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Each guest in the South stand was handed a letter from the club(Leeann) on entrance last Saturday. It thanked them for helping commemorate the outbreak of WW1 and invited them all into BTG for a drink and the Scotland v All Blacks game afterwards. I also noticed when I drove past on Sunday that BTG was being used by some third party for an exhibition. Looked heaving. Hopefully it starts getting used more

There were exams held in behind the goals last week

iwasthere1972
18-11-2014, 12:16 PM
There were exams held in behind the goals last week

Did they include the curry question? If so what was the answer.

theonlywayisup
18-11-2014, 09:06 PM

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f232/miss_minty/Salut/fanfare/drumroll.gif

Green Man
19-11-2014, 01:24 PM
You can't leave us hanging on like this. It's no way to curry favour.

McSwanky
19-11-2014, 01:33 PM
You can't leave us hanging on like this. It's no way to curry favour.

Dahlightful punnery from you there.

HOW MUCH, GOD DAMMIT? HOW MUCH?

HibbyRod
19-11-2014, 03:24 PM

:aok: I was in Berlin earlier in the year and discovered currywurst is brilliant! .... especially with the thinly sliced/chopped potato salad! :not worth

Keith_M
19-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Was in Germany for a stag weekend recently and lived on curry wurst for days. Outstanding

:aok: I was in Berlin earlier in the year and discovered currywurst is brilliant! .... especially with the thinly sliced/chopped potato salad! :not worth

So that's three of us for Currywurst then.

I think we should start a campaign to get BTG to start selling the stuff

:thumbsup:

p.s. For the those among you who are unaware (probably most people), Currywurst even has its own SONG! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlb_5QSBNBQ)

HibbyRod
19-11-2014, 05:57 PM

p.s. For the those among you who are unaware (probably most people), Currywurst even has its own SONG! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlb_5QSBNBQ)

I believe the Catering contract at the stadium expires at the end of this season .... so you never know! :greengrin

SMAXXA
19-11-2014, 06:08 PM
I hate 'Chinese' style curry sauce so I don't care! Has anyone tried the lentil soup yet?

Aye I have and it was ****ing burning, scalded the mooth of me.....but a say but...it was braw like, it took me a Gid half time and into the second half before a finished, kwality.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2014, 06:11 PM

Add me to the Currywurst campaign as well.

Lovely stuff.

mca
19-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Currywurst.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Jonnyboy
19-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Add me to the Currywurst campaign as well.

Lovely stuff.

Me too. Scrumptious :agree:

BurghHibby
19-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Somebody will need to open a Schnellimbiss at this rate, prefer Jager Schitzel mit bratkartoffeln myself!:not worth

Jack
19-11-2014, 07:30 PM
http://currywurstmuseum.com/en/

Between this and the doner kebab it seems the Germans could have taken over the street food scene instead of American burgers and chickens.

Phil MaGlass
20-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Currywurst and chips, washed doon with a beer or a gluhwein, is the bollox.