PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

cameronw-hfc
15-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Player Ratings,

Pentreou- 7, besides one poor kick thought he done well and took everything cleanly and even came out for a nice calm header in the first half haha! should keep his place next week.

Gray- 6 like him, very quick, and very good tackler and footballer however would like him to fizz in more cross rather than float them.

... Hanlon and Fontaine- 6, both solid, only complaints I'd have is Fontaine is 1. Reluctant to use his right foot and 2. Why does he never pass back to the keeper? ever? However nothing major, just something I spotted.

Stevenson- 7, so so quick and energetic, drills his crosses in and when they work theyre exceptional and usually end up as a goal, however one good cross out of 10 isn't enough, but good shift and besides his crosses, not much he could have done more

Craig- 5, while I don't think he is Zidane, I do think he is better than some fans see, he had a few nice flicks and fair enough he passes back too much but he had 2 brilliant little flicks in the seconds half, one to Cummings who had just strolled offside, and one to Kennedy who dwelled on the ball, overall, mediocre, average game, not half as bad as some might say.

Allan- 9, oh my god. strolled it

Harris- 2, wasn't involved at all, whenever he came inside the ball went out wide, whenever he went out wide the ball came inside, and no, I don't think its a coincidence.

Handling- 6, another one who I actually think does better than some say, links play up and keeps it going, however is no where near the class of Allan, but not half as bad as some say.

Kennedy- 6, touch of the Ivan Sproule about him. Pace? great. Beating a man? outstanding, Excitement on the ball? amazing, Final delivery? average.

Cummings- 4, first half deserved a 5, huffed and puffed and had a few on target long range shots, second half instead of getting involved seemed to sulk and go in a huff. Now I do like him, a lot, and also think he has bags of potential but maybe a wee word from Stubbys to bring him back down to earth?

Stanton and Heff- 4, ran about, but could tell they were lacking game time when they got the ball, crap on the ball. And Heffs miss could have won it for us, I've got a broken ankle and could have scored it!!

Sinclair- 5, good energy and pace and looked our most dangerous sub, nothing great though.

Fans- frustrated and frustrating. Have their players they boo no matter what they do and players that can do no wrong, however a half decent turn out for a game against QOS.

Stubbs- Wrong sub in heff in my opinion, would have brought Allen on instead, just for the added height, because if Cummings was half an inch taller he would have had 2/3 today.

Lee Marvin
15-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Player Ratings,

Pentreou- 7, besides one poor kick thought he done well and took everything cleanly and even came out for a nice calm header in the first half haha! should keep his place next week.

Gray- 6 like him, very quick, and very good tackler and footballer however would like him to fizz in more cross rather than float them.

... Hanlon and Fontaine- 6, both solid, only complaints I'd have is Fontaine is 1. Reluctant to use his right foot and 2. Why does he never pass back to the keeper? ever? However nothing major, just something I spotted.

Stevenson- 7, so so quick and energetic, drills his crosses in and when they work theyre exceptional and usually end up as a goal, however one good cross out of 10 isn't enough, but good shift and besides his crosses, not much he could have done more

Craig- 5, while I don't think he is Zidane, I do think he is better than some fans see, he had a few nice flicks and fair enough he passes back too much but he had 2 brilliant little flicks in the seconds half, one to Cummings who had just strolled offside, and one to Kennedy who dwelled on the ball, overall, mediocre, average game, not half as bad as some might say.

Allan- 9, oh my god. strolled it

Harris- 2, wasn't involved at all, whenever he came inside the ball went out wide, whenever he went out wide the ball came inside, and no, I don't think its a coincidence.

Handling- 6, another one who I actually think does better than some say, links play up and keeps it going, however is no where near the class of Allan, but not half as bad as some say.

Kennedy- 6, touch of the Ivan Sproule about him. Pace? great. Beating a man? outstanding, Excitement on the ball? amazing, Final delivery? average.

Cummings- 4, first half deserved a 5, huffed and puffed and had a few on target long range shots, second half instead of getting involved seemed to sulk and go in a huff. Now I do like him, a lot, and also think he has bags of potential but maybe a wee word from Stubbys to bring him back down to earth?

Stanton and Heff- 4, ran about, but could tell they were lacking game time when they got the ball, crap on the ball. And Heffs miss could have won it for us, I've got a broken ankle and could have scored it!!

Sinclair- 5, good energy and pace and looked our most dangerous sub, nothing great though.

Fans- frustrated and frustrating. Have their players they boo no matter what they do and players that can do no wrong, however a half decent turn out for a game against QOS.

Stubbs- Wrong sub in heff in my opinion, would have brought Allen on instead, just for the added height, because if Cummings was half an inch taller he would have had 2/3 today.

I think you are 2 points too kind for everyone in the midfield and strikers - including your Harris mark.

We were abysmal. Squad is extremely weak

Pretty Boy
15-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Pernteou 6

Gray 6
Hanlon 6
Fontaine 6
Stevenson 7

Harris 2
Craig 4
Allan 7
Kennedy 4
Handling 4

Cummings 5

hibbymick
15-11-2014, 10:00 PM
No more than 6s and 5s for me.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Harris 2 ?
What did he do to merit such a high mark?

J-C
16-11-2014, 12:17 AM
Pentreou 6 liked his header and quick throws, sweeper keeper

Gray 6 solid
Hanlon 6 solid
Fontaine 6 solid
Stevenson 6 solid

Harris 1 Flash in the pan player who had a few good games under Fenlon, came from nowhere in the youth ranks and will end up nowhere, no heart or desire.
Allan 8 bossed the midfield
Craig 5 Please take the armband off him, never a captain in a million years, tpp slow in his thinking and his play.
Kennedy 5 Moaned about game time and when it came did bugger all to justify his place, chicken and headless spring to mind.
Hanlon 5 has potential and some lovely touches/passes needs to start showing it now, he's no a wee laddie any more.

Cummings 4 Better start forgetting all his own hype and knuckle down a bit more, all too often ran into trouble losing the ball time and again

Heff 0 why is he still here??
Stanton 4 see Handling
Sinclair 5 looked fairly dangerous when he came on, would like to see him up top using his pace.

Beefster
16-11-2014, 06:37 AM
Everyone, bar Allan, was mediocre except Handling and Harris, who were woeful (IMHO their default state). Allan is head and shoulders above everyone else in the Championship IMHO. Bizarrely, I thought Heffernan did more than Cummings after coming on (and I don't rate Heffernan at all).

Biggest under-performer of the day was Stubbs though. Every time I think he's making progress and learning some lessons, he plays one up front at home in the Championship.

gegs70
16-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Allan strolled it....to me there was no urgency. They were too slow in moving the ball forward and this allowed Qos to get men behind the ball. It lacked the drive that we as supporters want to see....and I guess we just don't have the quality and depth of squad that we require. Hopefully the injury list will subside and January will see some players come in and perhaps some players going out?

Crammond Hibee
16-11-2014, 08:28 AM
I agree that Allan was MOTM
But I would like to see him get a goal or two
And throw in some assists and killer passes
He doesn't do enough to hurt teams but is always on the ball
A player in there though
He was a 6
The rest below that
Not a good performance

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Pernteou ..... 6 .... Not a lot to do but tried to get the ball out quicky

Gray ..... 6 ..... Defended well, but didn't contribute as much going forward as usual ... why is he not captain?

Hanlon .... 6 .... did nothing wrong

Fontaine .... 7 ... great first half, won everything

Stevenson .... 6 .... had a solid game at the back, got the ball more than any other player as he often does, but little end product this time

Harris ... 3 .... sorry mate, you were just awful.

Craig ... 5 .... He wasn't terrible, but as captain its his job on the park to drive the team forward and he just didn't, I blame him as much as AS for our failure to pressure the QOTS back 4 in the second half ... they had far too much easy possession.

Allan .... 7 .... A cut above the quality in this league, the usual stroll for him, perhaps needs to get closer to the box to make a real impact.

Kennedy ... 5 ... Little end product, but he had 2 and 3 players on him at times .. a direct result of our failure to get the ball to him quickly.

Handling ... 4 .... anonymous .... if AS thinks he is an attacking threat from midfield and it allows him to play one up front, he isn't and it doesn't.

Cummings ... 5 .... Hard going for him up front on his own, but when the defence gifts you the ball you have to do better than send a rushed shot two yards past the post.

Subs:

Stanton and Sinclair ... 3 .... little impact.

Heffernan ... 3 ... Was put through and took a heavy touch instead of shooting which ruined the chance. Though the ball was hit at him very hard the one he put over the bar has to go down as a sitter.

B.H.F.C
16-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Back 4 and goalie weren't tested at all. Full backs didn't give us enough with the ball though.

Allan was our best by a million miles.

Cummings isn't a loan striker.

Another game where I failed to see anything from Danny Handling. Keep reading that he's technically gifted. If getting the ball in the centre circle and passing it 10 yards makes you technically gifted then I guess he is.

GreenArmy1875
16-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Back 4 and goalie weren't tested at all. Full backs didn't give us enough with the ball though.

Allan was our best by a million miles.

Cummings isn't a loan striker.

Another game where I failed to see anything from Danny Handling. Keep reading that he's technically gifted. If getting the ball in the centre circle and passing it 10 yards makes you technically gifted then I guess he is.

The Handling bashing from Hibs fans is boring and quite frankly no need for it. The lad rarely looses the ball and is technically very good. Some world class players made their careers from 10 yard passes and keeping it simple. Yesterday he played one or two brilliant balls through the back four that were extremely unlucky to run out. Thought he had a decent game yesterday and was unlucky to be hooked. I dont think the subs done much to add anything to the game and i would of had one of the youngsters (Allen, Crane) that Heff & Sinclair.

BoomtownHibees
16-11-2014, 06:32 PM
The Handling bashing from Hibs fans is boring and quite frankly no need for it. The lad rarely looses the ball and is technically very good. Some world class players made their careers from 10 yard passes and keeping it simple. Yesterday he played one or two brilliant balls through the back four that were extremely unlucky to run out. Thought he had a decent game yesterday and was unlucky to be hooked. I dont think the subs done much to add anything to the game and i would of had one of the youngsters (Allen, Crane) that Heff & Sinclair.

Handling was no worse or no better than he ever has been. He's not good enough. What does he contribute to the team? Goals? No. Assists? No. Wins tackles? No. In the position he is playing in he needs to contribute a lot more than what he has been.

Beefster
16-11-2014, 06:33 PM

You may have some justification for the rest but the bit in bold is not true. He actually loses possession a fair amount.

Leith Green
16-11-2014, 07:26 PM
You may have some justification for the rest but the bit in bold is not true. He actually loses possession a fair amount.

Yip... He is brushed aside far too easily, Handling and Harris will never make it at Hibs, they are both too weak mentally and physically ..

cameronw-hfc
16-11-2014, 07:27 PM

I think Danny summed up his time at hibs in one move yesterday, where he hooked it out of the air away from 4/5 players with one touch, turned them all in that touch, nutmegged someone then tried to flick it to the side and lost possesion, very neat and tidy but not quite there yet.

I do rate Danny,and feel for him a little as to be fair, he has been put out wide, lone striker, in a two up front and off the striker, so he hasn't been settled in a specific role yet, I think this has stopped his development and also he seems to get a lot of annoying niggling injuries just as he has a good game so I am patient with him and I genuinely believe his role is as the 'fifa' cf/off the striker. I think if he got some confidence to beat a man and shoot more or even hold it up then we would see a top class player, and also buff up a little. However I do think because he has been around the first team for so long people forget he's still a young laddie, who a lot of people at the club say he is very technically gifted so they see something. I would give him this season in a settled role, as he doesn't disrupt play so there's no harm in playing him vs bottom 3/4 teams,and see if he picks up after a good run in a settled role.

B.H.F.C
16-11-2014, 07:50 PM

You're right, world class players have made careers out of playing 10 yard passes. However, playing in the position he does don't you think we are entitled to a look for a bit more than that? A player in that position has to regularly provide or score goals and he rarely does either. Hence the criticism he gets.

Winston Ingram
16-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Pernteou 7 steady enough debut, though he didn't really have much to do

Gray 7 usual steady performance
Hanlon 7 untroubled
Fontaine 7 untroubled
Stevenson 7 usual 7 out of 10 performance from him

Harris 6 faded 2nd half
Craig 6 ok
Allan 9 stunning performance
Kennedy 6 ok
Handling 3 usual anonymous performance from him

Cummings 6 tough job up there on his own but did ok. Thought we were poorer when he went off

ancient hibee
16-11-2014, 08:24 PM
You're right, world class players have made careers out of playing 10 yard passes. However, playing in the position he does don't you think we are entitled to a look for a bit more than that? A player in that position has to regularly provide or score goals and he rarely does either. Hence the criticism he gets.

He laid on a goal yesterday that wasn't taken.

BoomtownHibees
16-11-2014, 08:39 PM
He laid on a goal yesterday that wasn't taken.

So it wasn't a goal then?

GreenArmy1875
16-11-2014, 10:19 PM

We can expect more from him yeah as he is capable, he should score more and create more but people saying he is rubbish or not in the game is just lies. He did not have the best of games and people just look for a reason to knock him down.

HoboHarry
16-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Handling was no worse or no better than he ever has been. He's not good enough. What does he contribute to the team? Goals? No. Assists? No. Wins tackles? No. In the position he is playing in he needs to contribute a lot more than what he has been.
And yet he has just been called up for U-21's. You should call GS and tell him Handing is not good enough. In your opinion.

B.H.F.C
16-11-2014, 10:52 PM
We can expect more from him yeah as he is capable, he should score more and create more but people saying he is rubbish or not in the game is just lies. He did not have the best of games and people just look for a reason to knock him down.

Disagree that people want to knock him. People just want to see more as simple as that. 4 goals in 50 odd appearances isn't enough.

BoomtownHibees
16-11-2014, 10:57 PM
And yet he has just been called up for U-21's. You should call GS and tell him Handing is not good enough. In your opinion.

What has GS got to do with it?

gegs70
16-11-2014, 10:59 PM
I agree that Allan was MOTM
But I would like to see him get a goal or two
And throw in some assists and killer passes
He doesn't do enough to hurt teams but is always on the ball
A player in there though
He was a 6
The rest below that
Not a good performance

We've never really had a midfielder take a shot from midfield since riordan, mcginlay etc it's where we fall down roo much sideways passing and try to walk it into the back of the net.....shoot from anywhere and everywhere....