PDA

View Full Version : Booing at the end

Bronson
15-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Okay, that wasn't the greatest spectacle I've ever seen, but it wasn't worthy of the chorus of boos at the end from a large proportion of our fans. Bear in mind we had 6 starting XI players (Malonga, El Alagui, Robertson, Oxley, McGeouch and Forster) out today, and a bunch of young laddies up front, and still dominated the game, just couldn't get the goal.

Seriously, if you were one of the boo-boys at the end today hang your head in shame. For me that is half the battle at Easter Road at times, the hindrance from the home support getting on the players' backs.

Heisenberg
15-11-2014, 07:49 PM
We are 16 points off the top of the table and we had just drawn another very winnable game. I can understand the booing. Not that I took part right enough.

Pretty Boy
15-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Is booing at the end a new thing?

Reason I ask is it seems to be getting a lot of attention the last couple of years on here yet I can remember it happening way back when I 1st started attending football and don't really remember it being an issue. If the team played poorly there was a boo at full time then everybody went home and that was that.

It seems we have discussions about it all the time now.

bingo70
15-11-2014, 07:52 PM
I didn't boo but I understand why folk did.

We are 4th in the championship, just drawn nil nil and barely even created a chance. on top of that we've not won at home in about a hundred years so of course people are getting frustrated.

Steve20
15-11-2014, 07:53 PM
It was garbage. We're 16 points of Hearts and we're not even into December. It's disgraceful.

bingo70
15-11-2014, 07:55 PM
It was garbage. We're 16 points of Hearts and we're not even into December. It's disgraceful.

Correct.

Bronson
15-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Negativity breeds negativity, and too many of our support are a hindrance in this respect.

emerald green
15-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Is booing at the end a new thing?

Reason I ask is it seems to be getting a lot of attention the last couple of years on here yet I can remember it happening way back when I 1st started attending football and don't really remember it being an issue. If the team played poorly there was a boo at full time then everybody went home and that was that.

It seems we have discussions about it all the time now.

:agree: I've supported Hibs for 50 years and it has always been like that when the fans are left disappointed at the end of a game. It's absolutely not new.

I can remember Turnbull's Tornadoes being booed at the end of a game at ER they lost! The point also to bear in mind though is that booing at the end of a match doesn't just happen at ER.

Just listen to the booing at Ibrox, Celtic Park, Tynecastle, or any ground you care to choose, when their teams lose and/or turn in a disappointing draw against a team they expect to beat. Hibs fans are no different in this respect.

As you say PB it seems to have become an issue on these threads, with some posters seemingly having some sort of agenda whereby they just cannot wait to raise it again and again. Why?

Pete
15-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Booing at the end happens everywhere.

It's booing during the game that's harmful, especially when it's aimed at the current scapegoat.

erin go bragh
15-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Maybe they were booing the QOTS players / management for their anti football crap . Parking the bus and happy to get a point . Ffs were not Barcalona .

Ggtth

Pretty Boy
15-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Booing at the end happens everywhere.

It's booing during the game that's harmful, especially when it's aimed at the current scapegoat.

Spot on.

emerald green
15-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Maybe they were booing the QOTS players / management for their anti football crap . Parking the bus and happy to get a point . Ffs were not Barcalona .

Ggtth

:agree: Good point. I for one am sick and tired of teams like this coming to ER with no intention whatsoever of playing for anything other than a draw, killing the game stone dead, time wasting, gamesmanship, stopping Hibs playing, and generally ruining the game as an entertaining spectacle which I pay a lot of money to watch.

Is it any wonder spectators let their feelings be known at being cheated in this way? Add in the fact they are disappointed that Hibs were unable to break them down, and I would hardly expect a standing ovation at the end FFS.

Loopz
15-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Negativity breeds negativity, and too many of our support are a hindrance in this respect.
Bronson, I left before the end and did not hear the booing. I jokingly text my QOTS colleague who was at the game saying I was leaving before they scored. You are correct though, negativity does breed negativity and too many of our PLAYERS are a hindrance in this respect.

R'Albin
15-11-2014, 08:35 PM

Ggtth

We are a much bigger team than QOTS so it's understandable that they'd come and play the way they did at a place like ER. It's not anti-football and I'd be happy to see Hibs play that way under the correct circumstances.

LancashireHibby
15-11-2014, 08:51 PM
I didn't boo but I understand why folk did.

We are 4th in the championship, just drawn nil nil and barely even created a chance. on top of that we've not won at home in about a hundred years so of course people are getting frustrated.

This, a thousand times over. Again, didn't boo myself but it was a pretty dismal performance all round.

HappyAsHellas
15-11-2014, 08:55 PM
I remember booing Turnbull's tornadoes after getting beat - so what? we didn't boo during the game so I'll take it as another step in the right direction - onwards and upwards.

Bishop Hibee
15-11-2014, 09:13 PM
I thought the fans were very patient given our dreadful home record over the last few seasons. Can't blame anyone who booed that although I didn't.

emerald green
15-11-2014, 09:28 PM
I remember booing Turnbull's tornadoes after getting beat - so what? we didn't boo during the game so I'll take it as another step in the right direction - onwards and upwards.

I'm not sure if the point I was trying to make has escaped you when you say "so what". I know the supporters didn't boo during the game.

I was simply trying to make the point that booing at the end of games is nothing new, it's being happening at football matches since the year dot, at all clubs grounds, not just at ER.

What do you mean by I'll take it as another step in the right direction? The fact that the fans didn't boo during the game?

Swedish hibee
15-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Okay, wasn't the greatest spectacle I've ever seen, but it wasn't worthy of the chorus of boos at the end from a large proportion of our fans. We had 6 starting XI players (Malonga, El Alagui, Robertson, Oxley, McGeouch and Forster) out today, and a bunch of young laddies up front

:applause:

silverhibee
15-11-2014, 09:30 PM

Nonsense.

They were booed after the FT whistle, during the game they got the backing and the fans weren't on the players backs, the players need to step it up at home.

Please don't go down the line that it's all the fans fault.

They were booed at FT, big deal, they played crap, there was plenty of clapping straight after the booing stopped.

emerald green
15-11-2014, 09:50 PM
We are a much bigger team than QOTS so it's understandable that they'd come and play the way they did at a place like ER. It's not anti-football and I'd be happy to see Hibs play that way under the correct circumstances.

They are third in the table 3 points in front of Hibs. Are they scared of us? Teams like this are killing football. It's awful watching stuff like that.

erin go bragh
15-11-2014, 09:56 PM
They are third in the table 3 points in front of Hibs. Are they scared of us? Teams like this are killing football. It's awful watching stuff like that.

Spot on EG . We beat Rangers many times 3-0 at Ipox by playing football the proper way , not by parking the bus . **** all the anti football killing the game ricks .

Ggtth

DH1875
15-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Okay, that wasn't the greatest spectacle I've ever seen, but it wasn't worthy of the chorus of boos at the end from a large proportion of our fans. Bear in mind we had 6 starting XI players (Malonga, El Alagui, Robertson, Oxley, McGeouch and Forster) out today, and a bunch of young laddies up front, and still dominated the game, just couldn't get the goal.

Seriously, if you were one of the boo-boys at the end today hang your head in shame. For me that is half the battle at Easter Road at times, the hindrance from the home support getting on the players' backs.

You could flip that around though. Maybe half the battle at Easter Road is that a section of our fans have been willing to accept a level mediocracy over the last few years :dunno:.

emerald green
15-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Spot on EG . We beat Rangers many times 3-0 at Ipox by playing football the proper way , not by parking the bus . **** all the anti football killing the game ricks .

Ggtth

Cheers EGB. Glad someone else feels the same as me! :aok:

erskine-hibby
16-11-2014, 12:01 AM
The way I looked at it was that the crowd was dying to cheer the team on all day, but they never, or rarely, produced anything to merit it. Frustration, I suppose, is the word and despair at a team that can turn it on against rankgers and them, but constantly underperform against, so called, smaller teams. Personally I didn't boo, but I can certainly understand why those that did, did.

Shields Hibee
16-11-2014, 12:43 AM
It was a frustrating day but I didn't boo although this old guy made it well known that a Hibs side should be taking sides like QOS to the cleaners & it wasn't good enough.

There are too many sides coming to ER with the sole aim of getting a draw and nothing else, to them its an achievement. Fair enough, we are a big team in this league and they will see taking points off us as something to cheer.

Audio Visual
16-11-2014, 01:20 AM

That's simply wrong. I had already left by full time, yet again disillusioned by another limp performance. I did not boo during the game, nor berate the players; nor would I have at the end of 90 minutes. However, we were, yet again, not good enough to take care of a team that we should brush aside at home, injuries or not. It's too easy to blame the fans for the players' and management's shortcomings. Simply, we were not good enough. Again.

LaMotta
16-11-2014, 01:27 AM
That's simply wrong. I had already left by full time, yet again disillusioned by another limp performance. I did not boo during the game, nor berate the players; nor would I have at the end of 90 minutes. However, we were, yet again, not good enough to take care of a team that we should brush aside at home, injuries or not. It's too easy to blame the fans for the players' and management's shortcomings. Simply, we were not good enough. Again.

Agreed. I'm surprised there wasn't more booing at the end. Both teams and management deserved a good booing for serving up a dreadful borefest of an afternoon.

Zazu62
16-11-2014, 02:45 AM
We can't win football games at home . Plus our laddies need to start performing because we need them .

hibbymac
16-11-2014, 05:11 AM

:confused: you're not being negative, are you? :rolleyes:

hibbiedon
16-11-2014, 07:39 AM
I will never boo Hibs. Bit of a contradiction to say you support a team then boo or abuse them, I have never understood that logic but I suppose it takes all sorts

hibbydog
16-11-2014, 08:32 AM
It was a frustrating day but I didn't boo although this old guy made it well known that a Hibs side should be taking sides like QOS to the cleaners & it wasn't good enough.

There are too many sides coming to ER with the sole aim of getting a draw and nothing else, to them its an achievement. Fair enough, we are a big team in this league and they will see taking points off us as something to cheer.

It is something to cheer for QOTS. They're a part-time side and they've got 4 points out of 6 against us. How they achieve that doesn't matter. Their manager deserves a pat on the back.

I don't expect the defensive tactics against us to change.

Hibs can't complain. As a side of full time professionals Hibs have to overcome this. We knew this would be the case when we got relegated, but were just not good enough.

scoopyboy
16-11-2014, 08:38 AM
It is something to cheer for QOTS. They're a part-time side and they've got 4 points out of 6 against us. How they achieve that doesn't matter. Their manager deserves a pat on the back.

I don't expect the defensive tactics against us to change.

Hibs can't complain. As a side of full time professionals Hibs have to overcome this. We knew this would be the case when we got relegated, but were just not good enough.

Are you sure QOTS part-time? I thought they were full time.

Hibeewilly
16-11-2014, 09:09 AM
I will never boo Hibs. Bit of a contradiction to say you support a team then boo or abuse them, I have never understood that logic but I suppose it takes all sorts
Spot on

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Booing aside .... did QOTS park the bus? As far as I could see they tried to play out when they had the ball, but a combination of a lack of decent forward play and for most of the game decent defending by Hibs stopped them from being affective apart from winning a few corners.

I have to admit that following some very decent displays recently yesterday was disappointing, but I thought booing the team off was a bit OTT.

Kaiser1962
16-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Are you sure QOTS part-time? I thought they were full time.

I am sure they are. Have been for a few seasons now.
I think Cowdenbeath are part time. I am not sure about Alloa and Dumbarton although they were a couple of years ago.

Jpdhfc
16-11-2014, 12:27 PM

Here we go all the fans fault again

Bronson
16-11-2014, 12:47 PM
You wonder why our home record is so abysmal yet we're quite decent away from home, but refuse to consider the possibility that the fans play any part in that. I'm not saying it's the fans fault that we are where we are, but christ we really do ourselves no favours sometimes.

B.H.F.C
16-11-2014, 01:31 PM
You wonder why our home record is so abysmal yet we're quite decent away from home, but refuse to consider the possibility that the fans play any part in that. I'm not saying it's the fans fault that we are where we are, but christ we really do ourselves no favours sometimes.

Keep reading about how much better we are away. Think we've won about 3 league games away in 2014. We are just as bad away as we are at home.

Bronson
16-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Keep reading about how much better we are away. Think we've won about 3 league games away in 2014. We are just as bad away as we are at home.

Blatantly not true, we've won our last 4 away games whereas we've drawn our last 4 home matches, we are definitely better away from home.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 02:02 PM
The team were booed because they follow up a few half decent performances with that pish yesterday. Punters have every right to boo the team if they haven't been good enough or the punters feel like they are not getting value for money. Not saying it's right but that's what happens.

lord bunberry
16-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Blatantly not true, we've won our last 4 away games whereas we've drawn our last 4 home matches, we are definitely better away from home.

We've won more points at home this season.

Leith Green
16-11-2014, 03:27 PM

Our home record is crap because of the team on the park. Stop trying to make a big deal out of nothing..

Bronson
16-11-2014, 03:43 PM
We've won more points at home this season.

We've also played more games at home and won more games away than at ER, twist it however you want.

Our home record is crap because of the team on the park. Stop trying to make a big deal out of nothing..

There's more to it that 'the team is crap', we've been far better away from home for the last few years. Different players, different managers, different chief exec, but the same fans and the same needless booing and heckling at every opportunity.

emerald green
16-11-2014, 03:57 PM
We've also played more games at home and won more games away than at ER, twist it however you want.

There's more to it that 'the team is crap', we've been far better away from home for the last few years. Different players, different managers, different chief exec, but the same fans and the same needless booing and heckling at every opportunity.

Can I ask you this? How many fans do you reckon are involved in this needless heckling and booing, at every opportunity? As a percentage of the home support, how many? Are you saying it's hundreds, thousands, or what?

I honestly did not hear any booing at ER yesterday until the final whistle. That, IMO, was out of sheer frustration and disappointment at a poor result, and should have been directed at QOS, some of it anyway, for the way they spoiled the game with their totally negative tactics.

Do these fans that you say are doing this needless heckling and booing, at every opportunity, all suddenly disappear for away games?

hibby6270
16-11-2014, 04:02 PM
I didn't boo yesterday. I have in the past though and not ashamed of doing so. I'm there to let my feelings known to the club we all love and if that means showing a bit negative support by booing a pretty dismal display, then so be it. Equally we naturally cheer an give the team encouragement when they play well or show commitment. Sadly, the commitment bit has not been as evident at ER this season a lot of time and that just isn't good enough.

You know what would make us feel a bit better?

If our record this season had meant the away wins we've had were actually home wins and all the home draws had been earned away, we'd all strangely be in a happier frame of mind. Maybe not ecstatic but in some psychological way it would somehow seem like a better state of affairs.

Just saying like!!

Pretty Boy
16-11-2014, 04:04 PM

Last season:

Home - P 20. W 4 D 7 L 9 Pts 19

Away - P 18. W 4 D 4 L 10 Pts 16

2012/13

Home - P 19 W 7 D 7 L 5 Pts 28

Away - P 19 W 6 D 5 L 8 Pts 23

2011/12

Home - P 19 W 2 D 7 L 10 Pts 13

Away - P 19 W 6 D 2 L 11 Pts 20

2010/11

Home - P 19 W 5 D 6 L 8 Pts 22

Away - P 19 W 5 D 1 L 13 Pts 16

So in actual fact only once in the last few years have we been 'far better' away from home.

Leith Green
16-11-2014, 04:33 PM

Its actually pretty pathetic to come on here and start having a go at supporters for booing at the end of 0-0 borefest.. In doing so your having a pop at the guys who still go to the matches, in spite of the utter embarrassment of a so called football team we have had to endure for the past five years.. If booing at the end of the game such a big deal then the players really should be looking at another career, and if it annoys you that much maybe you should stop going to the football, you could always try clown around or the trampoline centre

Bronson
16-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Its actually pretty pathetic to come on here and start having a go at supporters for booing at the end of 0-0 borefest.. In doing so your having a pop at the guys who still go to the matches, in spite of the utter embarrassment of a so called football team we have had to endure for the past five years.. If booing at the end of the game such a big deal then the players really should be looking at another career, and if it annoys you that much maybe you should stop going to the football, you could always try clown around or the trampoline centre

It does annoy me when it's needless. Last season was a complete disaster so I could understand it, although it helped absolutely nothing. But yesterday there was no need for it IMO, which frustrates me because we're there to support the team. They didn't play as terribly as some on here will have you believe, we dominated but lacked the killer instinct, probably due to the lack of striking options available.

You're right though, pathetic of me to moan about heckling a makeshift team full of young laddies. I should really take a leaf out your book and post snide comments to discourage hibs fans from going to ER:aok:

Sir David Gray
16-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Since February 2010 (almost five years), we've won 21 league games at Easter Road out of a possible 91 matches.

Over that time, we have had the lowest number of home wins out of all the 42 teams in the four Scottish leagues.

There has to be some explanation for a record as bad as that.

I have no idea what it is though, nor do I have any solution.

B.H.F.C
16-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Last season:

2012/13

2011/12

2010/11

So in actual fact only once in the last few years have we been 'far better' away from home.

Cheers for that PB. Kind of nails they myth that we are much better away from home. As I said earlier we are equally as bad most of the time!

I will add that I do think we will win more away from home this year due to the way teams come and set up at Easter Road.

familyman
16-11-2014, 05:30 PM

Yes it was sad to hear yet again. as the effort was there even though a lot of other things were not..sadly the cost of watching football is excessive and so it is only right that the team did not get a warm applause but booing this time around is poor indeed I agree .We must though address the fact that injuries are NORMAL in football and have a squad capable to deal with it..this squad lacks many things ,Quality not quantity A S said, but we can have both quantity with quality can we not?..after all we seem to have plenty quantity off the park!remember we paid premier league prices this year so expectations are rightly high.
I am far more concerned with young Alex Harris, he is so lost and a passenger ..send him on loan and give him a chance to get his confidence back,he will be an asset but not just now ...

Pretty Boy
16-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Since February 2010 (almost five years), we've won 21 league games at Easter Road out of a possible 91 matches.

Over that time, we have had the lowest number of home wins out of all the 42 teams in the four Scottish leagues.

I think the key reason for our poor home form is that over the last few years we just haven't been very good.

As the stats I posted above show our home and away records are both pretty poor going back 4 years or so. If one was noticeably inferior to the other I think it might be an issue worth looking at but as it is our record both home and away is poor which suggests it really is as simple as not being good enough on the park.

Leith Green
16-11-2014, 05:42 PM
It does annoy me when it's needless. Last season was a complete disaster so I could understand it, although it helped absolutely nothing. But yesterday there was no need for it IMO, which frustrates me because we're there to support the team. They didn't play as terribly as some on here will have you believe, we dominated but lacked the killer instinct, probably due to the lack of striking options available.

You're right though, pathetic of me to moan about heckling a makeshift team full of young laddies. I should really take a leaf out your book and post snide comments to discourage hibs fans from going to ER:aok:

Hold on a minute, we have gone from booing at the end of the match to heckling at young laddies? Didnae hear any heckling during the game.. The funny thing here is that your making a big deal out of our fans doing something that every football teams supporters does ... Dont let that fact get in the way of you slagging of your own support

Leith Green
16-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Yes it was sad to hear yet again. as the effort was there even though a lot of other things were not..sadly the cost of watching football is excessive and so it is only right that the team did not get a warm applause but booing this time around is poor indeed I agree .We must though address the fact that injuries are NORMAL in football and have a squad capable to deal with it..this squad lacks many things ,Quality not quantity A S said, but we can have both quantity with quality can we not?..after all we seem to have plenty quantity off the park!remember we paid premier league prices this year so expectations are rightly high.
I am far more concerned with young Alex Harris, he is so lost and a passenger ..send him on loan and give him a chance to get his confidence back,he will be an asset but not just now ...

Lots of effort and 16 points behind Hearts... Do some people have difficulty understanding that fact?

erin go bragh
16-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Booing aside .... did QOTS park the bus? As far as I could see they tried to play out when they had the ball, but a combination of a lack of decent forward play and for most of the game decent defending by Hibs stopped them from being affective apart from winning a few corners.

I have to admit that following some very decent displays recently yesterday was disappointing, but I thought booing the team off was a bit OTT.
Cant remember our keeper making a save or them even having a shot at our goal . I would have at least hit the target with the chance Heff skyed over the bar . Really hope Malanga is back for our next game .

Ggtth

Bronson
16-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Hold on a minute, we have gone from booing at the end of the match to heckling at young laddies? Didnae hear any heckling during the game.. The funny thing here is that your making a big deal out of our fans doing something that every football teams supporters does ... Dont let that fact get in the way of you slagging of your own support

I heard a fair bit of heckling last 10 mins around me but it's the boos across the stadium that annoyed me more, football is all about confidence and booing young laddies breaking into the first team off the park because they drew a match they should've won is going to do wonders for that right enough.

Slag my own support? You just told me to take up another hobby instead of going to ER, oh the irony!

Sir David Gray
16-11-2014, 06:02 PM
I think the key reason for our poor home form is that over the last few years we just haven't been very good.

As the stats I posted above show our home and away records are both pretty poor going back 4 years or so. If one was noticeably inferior to the other I think it might be an issue worth looking at but as it is our record both home and away is poor which suggests it really is as simple as not being good enough on the park.

I know we have been garbage for the last four or five years but to have the single worst home record out of every team in the country's four professional leagues during the last five years is quite shocking.

There's some teams in the lower divisions of Scotland, which are often derided, and they've won more home games during the past five years than we have.

erin go bragh
16-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Lots of effort and 16 points behind Hearts... Do some people have difficulty understanding that fact?

Hearts once went 36 games undefeated and won brussel sprout .
16 points could become 7 in three games time . Fluck them .

Ggtth

Leith Green
16-11-2014, 06:06 PM
I heard a fair bit of heckling last 10 mins around me but it's the boos across the stadium that annoyed me more, football is all about confidence and booing young laddies breaking into the first team off the park because they drew a match they should've won is going to do wonders for that right enough.

Slag my own support? You just told me to take up another hobby instead of going to ER, oh the irony!

I said it in response to you individually for slagging of your own supporters, if you see irony in that, then your bonkers or dont know the meaning of the word...

You are the one coming on here giving it the big one about your own fans.

Leith Green
16-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Hearts once went 36 games undefeated and won brussel sprout .
16 points could become 7 in three games time . Fluck them .

Ggtth

Or put another way, we are 16 points behind an automatic promotion spot

basehibby
16-11-2014, 06:52 PM

I agree with this - `ER is becoming a depressing place to go and it's partly down to the sheight atmosphere which has become the norm when playing any team perceived to be weaker than Hibs.

When playing any team that we are "supposed" to be beating (eg Falkirk, QoS or any lesser team), apart from the singing section in the East, 90% of the support sit on their hands waiting for something to moan about from what I can see. Certainly there is very little going on in the way of singing and getting behind the team at these matches.

I get that this is partly down to the team not giving us much to sing about, BUT surely it's meant to be more of a symbiotic relationship between fans and their football team - ie fans create atmosphere - team raises game accordingly - not just the other way round.

I suppose it's always been a bit like this - ie there's always been a big atmosphere vs the likes of the OF and the Yams whereas in other games it can be a bit flat - and yet the points to be won in these games are worth every bit as much.

I wish I had the answer to this - it has become far more noticeable since the advent of all seater stadia - so maybe a couple of new singing sections in different areas of the ground might help?

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Belgium just booed and whistled off after drawing with Wales.

emerald green
16-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Can I ask you this? How many fans do you reckon are involved in this needless heckling and booing, at every opportunity? As a percentage of the home support, how many? Are you saying it's hundreds, thousands, or what?

I honestly did not hear any booing at ER yesterday until the final whistle. That, IMO, was out of sheer frustration and disappointment at a poor result, and should have been directed at QOS, some of it anyway, for the way they spoiled the game with their totally negative tactics.

Do these fans that you say are doing this needless heckling and booing, at every opportunity, all suddenly disappear for away games?

I was just wondering what your response might be to my post above. Not being funny, just genuinely interested.

Wow these are horrendous statistics. I knew our home record was bad, but that is shocking.

This isn't simply down to some fans booing. That's far too simplistic. With a record like this, is it any wonder some fans frustration and anger boils over at times?

All clubs supporters show their anger when things are going badly. When things go well, and their club is playing well and/or winning matches regularly, fans are as happy as Larry. Football fans are fickle. They just want to see their team winning. Remember all the positivity on these threads when Hibs won recently at Ibrox.

The Green Goblin
16-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Last season:

2012/13

2011/12

2010/11

I'm bumping this post. Some people making up stats on this thread seem to have missed it...

Heisenberg
16-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Booing at the end happens when you are a bigger team expected to win and you don't. It's not the reason we don't win. Our squad isn't good enough to break down organised defensive teams, we've seen the same problem several times this season.

Bronson
16-11-2014, 07:19 PM

1. Impossible to give you a figure for that kind of thing, but around me in the East there's a fair few people I have to bite my tongue with due to their constant heckling. It's not a small minority though, certainly not where I sit.
2. I heard plenty abuse second half, Harris was on the receiving end until he was subbed, then it was mostly Craig getting a lashing.
3. It was a poor result, but you have to factor in the players missing as well as the way we still dominated the game. It was not worthy of boos at FT.
4. The boos were certainly for the hibs players, but without a doubt that was major anti-football from QoS.

emerald green
16-11-2014, 07:54 PM
1. Impossible to give you a figure for that kind of thing, but around me in the East there's a fair few people I have to bite my tongue with due to their constant heckling. It's not a small minority though, certainly not where I sit.
2. I heard plenty abuse second half, Harris was on the receiving end until he was subbed, then it was mostly Craig getting a lashing.
3. It was a poor result, but you have to factor in the players missing as well as the way we still dominated the game. It was not worthy of boos at FT.
4. The boos were certainly for the hibs players, but without a doubt that was major anti-football from QoS.

OK thanks for your reply. That's very disappointing to hear.

I can honestly say the only booing I heard yesterday was after the final whistle, and I've said previously why I think that happened. Anger and frustration at a poor result.

Sometimes, when the boos ring out at FT it's more to signal displeasure and disappointment at the result, and it's not necessarily always directed at the players.

Some football fans do shout the odds at players who are not playing well I'm afraid (it's interesting you mention Harris & Craig), but this is not something unique to Hibs supporters.

I still maintain that the vast majority of Hibs fans do support the team, and just want to see them do well. Some of them just have a different way of showing it.

emerald green
16-11-2014, 08:17 PM
I agree with this - `ER is becoming a depressing place to go and it's partly down to the sheight atmosphere which has become the norm when playing any team perceived to be weaker than Hibs.

When playing any team that we are "supposed" to be beating (eg Falkirk, QoS or any lesser team), apart from the singing section in the East, 90% of the support sit on their hands waiting for something to moan about from what I can see. Certainly there is very little going on in the way of singing and getting behind the team at these matches.

I get that this is partly down to the team not giving us much to sing about, BUT surely it's meant to be more of a symbiotic relationship between fans and their football team - ie fans create atmosphere - team raises game accordingly - not just the other way round.

I suppose it's always been a bit like this - ie there's always been a big atmosphere vs the likes of the OF and the Yams whereas in other games it can be a bit flat - and yet the points to be won in these games are worth every bit as much.

I wish I had the answer to this - it has become far more noticeable since the advent of all seater stadia - so maybe a couple of new singing sections in different areas of the ground might help?

You can go to lots of football grounds in Scotland (and elsewhere) where the atmosphere is like a funeral parlour, but the home team still manages to win matches fairly regularly, not get relegated, and so on.

I recall Alex Ferguson complaining about the only thing you could hear at Pittodrie was the rustle of the sweetie papers. Yet they went on to win several titles, four Scottish Cups I think, and a European trophy.

I agree with you on all seater stadia though. Going to football has been very much sanitised in the modern era.

basehibby
16-11-2014, 09:04 PM
You can go to lots of football grounds in Scotland (and elsewhere) where the atmosphere is like a funeral parlour, but the home team still manages to win matches fairly regularly, not get relegated, and so on.

I recall Alex Ferguson complaining about the only thing you could hear at Pittodrie was the rustle of the sweetie papers. Yet they went on to win several titles, four Scottish Cups I think, and a European trophy.

I agree with you on all seater stadia though. Going to football has been very much sanitised in the modern era.

You are right of course - it's not just a Hibs thing and the fans backing will not by itself yield results - but I'd still contend that a positive boisterous atmosphere helps spur the players on - and is just much more enjoyable to be a part of.

emerald green
17-11-2014, 09:50 AM
You are right of course - it's not just a Hibs thing and the fans backing will not by itself yield results - but I'd still contend that a positive boisterous atmosphere helps spur the players on - and is just much more enjoyable to be a part of.

:agree: The other point I'd make is that it's not easy trying to create the sort of atmosphere you describe in a 20,000+ all seated stadium which is half empty. You can go to Celtic Park or Ibrox when they are half empty and the atmosphere is non existent.

The supporters in Section 43 (as was) have tried very hard to create a good atmosphere in the stadium, and should be congratulated for the way they have supported the team through, lets face it, probably the worst period in the club's history. More should be made of the good efforts of the Hibs supporters rather than focus on the negative IMHO.

Once Hibs get a winning team on the pitch, many supporters will return. A fuller stadium and a winning team in itself creates a feel good factor and a much better atmosphere. Easier said than done I know.

emerald green
17-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Hopefully, last word from me on this thread. Quote from David Gray in tonight's EEN:

"Easter Road is a great place to come and play football. Our fans have been excellent, it's a great surface and there's no real excuse for us not to be winning at home."