PDA

View Full Version : Brutal

Hermit Crab
15-11-2014, 05:10 PM
As it says on the tin. We were brutal. No cutting edge and no urgency. Badly miss Dylan and malonga. Pass marks to Scott Allan that's it.

ozzie
15-11-2014, 05:12 PM
I think we missed Robertson in midfield as well, on the plus side Sinclair looks like he could be tricky if given a start.

Glory Lurker
15-11-2014, 05:13 PM
And the atmosphere was non-existent. And it was freezing. Rubbish all round.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Absolutely no urgency again! Dumbarton all over again. It's getting tiresome. These teams must love coming to play us as we put them under no pressure

Hermit Crab
15-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Agree with both posts lads. Another draw at home. Plus side that we are still unbeaten and another clean sheet.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2014, 05:16 PM
I think we missed Robertson in midfield as well, on the plus side Sinclair looks like he could be tricky if given a start.

Sinclair looked totally ineffective to me.
Needs replaced in Jan if he does not start making the team.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2014, 05:17 PM
When was our last home win?

Michael
15-11-2014, 05:19 PM
We've been unfortunate with injuries and when we're at full strength we're a good side. So, I'm not too concerned.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Seriously, what has happened to Alex Harris?! Can't even be a confidence thing anymore. He's truly awful

truehibernian
15-11-2014, 05:21 PM
No surprise for me when Liam Craig plays for Hibs - when he plays, play is slow and one dimensional. That will never change.

You can have a go at younger players and that's folks right - but for me my heart sinks when I see Craig picked to play. He offers zero both defensively and creatively and he has seasons of football under his belt. Because he is central midfield he is a key figure in a game - that area dictates play for me (over 90 minutes). So today was no surprise.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2014, 05:22 PM
We've been unfortunate with injuries and when we're at full strength we're a good side. So, I'm not too concerned.

All the evidence points to us being rubbish?

SneakersO'Toole
15-11-2014, 05:22 PM
This season has fast turned into a dampest of damp squibs. At beat pushing to achieve a play off spot. Forgive ne if I don't fall off my seat with excitement.

Michael
15-11-2014, 05:26 PM
All the evidence points to us being rubbish?

Admittedly, maybe 'good' was too stronger term. But I do think our luck will change.

bingo70
15-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Sinclair looked totally ineffective to me.
Needs replaced in Jan if he does not start making the team.

All things being consistent he'll get a 4 year deal.

Davy Mac
15-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Honking.

We are constantly passing with players on the back foot, no zip, and the final ball is non-existent.

Trudged stuff, the same old same old.

happiehibbie
15-11-2014, 05:32 PM
I do t know where to start Tbh pace off game to slow One man up front playing with 10 men when Handling playing. Just listened to AS was he at the game today not once did he come out of the dug out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
15-11-2014, 05:35 PM
As it says on the tin. We were brutal. No cutting edge and no urgency. Badly miss Dylan and malonga. Pass marks to Scott Allan that's it.

Thought Stevenson deserved pass marks as well and the goalie did little wrong.

Agree with the rest.

Smartie
15-11-2014, 05:35 PM
I thought our centre-halves were both excellent. Weren't under a great deal of pressure but win everything in the air, were good on the ball and excellent at bringing it out of defence.

I thought Stevenson and Allan did well too, Gray was ok, the young keeper did fine.

We were horrible going forward. Cummings way to isolated first half. Wide players were poor, if they ever managed to beat their man and get a ball in there would be nobody there.

I didn't see how we were ever going to score today.

Squad is thin and we missed the missing players badly. Stubbs stumbled across the good, narrow formation that played to our strengths when all our players were fit. We don't have the quality out wide or a striker to get on the end of crosses to play the way we did today.

Poor stuff indeed.

Pretty Boy
15-11-2014, 05:36 PM

Cowdenbeath I think.

I should remember because they are as rare as hens teeth. They'll be ringing the church bells when we get the next one.

Heisenberg
15-11-2014, 05:43 PM
I thought our centre-halves were both excellent. Weren't under a great deal of pressure but win everything in the air, were good on the ball and excellent at bringing it out of defence.

I thought Stevenson and Allan did well too, Gray was ok, the young keeper did fine.

We were horrible going forward. Cummings way to isolated first half. Wide players were poor, if they ever managed to beat their man and get a ball in there would be nobody there.

I didn't see how we were ever going to score today.

Squad is thin and we missed the missing players badly. Stubbs stumbled across the good, narrow formation that played to our strengths when all our players were fit. We don't have the quality out wide or a striker to get on the end of crosses to play the way we did today.

Poor stuff indeed.

Would agree with all of this. All of the younger players were terrible and ineffective. Moaning about not getting a game then doing **** all when starting won't do your chances any good. Scott Allan is easily our best player.

WestStandMoaner
15-11-2014, 05:43 PM

Not too worried, this is the reason we are in this division, guys like you who are not to worried that we cannot win home games against 1st division clubs. Get a grip, as the post states, we are Brutal

Hermit Crab
15-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Thought Stevenson deserved pass marks as well and the goalie did little wrong.

Agree with the rest.

Ok I agree with Lewis and keeper had little to do.

BroxburnHibee
15-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Not too worried, this is the reason we are in this division, guys like you who are not to worried that we cannot win home games against 1st division clubs. Get a grip, as the post states, we are Brutal

Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with your username :tee hee:

Stuarty27
15-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Stubbs subs today were honking.

Heffernan is truely awful, id much rather see Lewis Allan get a shot than that absolute wage thief!

Stanton for Cummings for me was really strange move, Cummings didnt have the best of second halfs but he knows were the back of the net is and was our only real goal threat.

Harris should be released, he hasnt got it anymore. Been given enough chances now,

KeithTheHibby
15-11-2014, 05:59 PM
QOTS were honking and not interested in winning the game. Job done for them. We had literally no presence up front with our midget attack.

Harris is as good as a man short. Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team never mind starting.

The Harp Awakes
15-11-2014, 06:05 PM

Heffernan is truely awful, id much rather see Lewis Allan get a shot than that absolute wage thief!

Stanton for Cummings for me was really strange move, Cummings didnt have the best of second halfs but he knows were the back of the net is and was our only real goal threat.

Harris should be released, he hasnt got it anymore. Been given enough chances now,

Alex has ability but his confidence is shot. Should not be anywhere near the first team. Every time he has the ball he loses possession or passes to the opposition. A spell in the youth team to regain his confidence would be the best option.

Andy74
15-11-2014, 06:08 PM
We are very short of options but as we've probably spent our budget there's not too much we can do until we can move some more people on.

None of the youngsters did themselves any favours.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-11-2014, 06:10 PM

You should be.

delbert
15-11-2014, 06:14 PM

Craig, Heffernan, Harris = empty jerseys

Taz_hibee
15-11-2014, 06:19 PM

Add Handling into that list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
15-11-2014, 06:20 PM
The bipolar nature of our support is brutal. Still on a good unbeaten run, plenty of effort, clean sheet despite a number of properly key injuries and absences - yet we're "brutal" again. Not our best game but a good point all considering the circumstances.

FFS :rolleyes:

Bobby's Cinema
15-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Feels like a step backwards after the derby performance.

The difference, the reason we won't be challenging for the league, is the mentality. We never look like a team that wants and needs to win at all costs.

Also, Stubbs selection and decision making all round today was confusing.

Pete
15-11-2014, 06:22 PM
The bipolar nature of our support is brutal. Still on a good unbeaten run, plenty of effort, clean sheet despite a number of properly key injuries and absences - yet we're "brutal" again. Not our best game but a good point all considering the circumstances.

Agree, but you have to allow for people's frustrations. The match has just finished after all.

SaulGoodman
15-11-2014, 06:23 PM

:agree:

Bobby's Cinema
15-11-2014, 06:23 PM

I agree the reaction to this may be a bit over the top in some places. But I tell you what, until the players realise there is pressure to win every game, and stop surrendering points to teams that come here not even looking to score, the criticism will come.

bingo70
15-11-2014, 06:25 PM

Is this a sarcastic post?

Apologies if this is a whoosh moment but we were playing queen of the south ffs

That was a dreadful performance and result, clean sheet or not.

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2014, 06:28 PM

Its a measure of the progress we have made, that we managed to keep a clean sheet against QOS when we had a few injuries.

bingo70
15-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Its a measure of the progress we have made, that we managed to keep a clean sheet against QOS when we had a few injuries.

To think folk were moaning about the price of season tickets as well.

Waxy
15-11-2014, 06:33 PM
I agree the reaction to this may be a bit over the top in some places. But I tell you what, until the players realise there is pressure to win every game, and stop surrendering points to teams that come here not even looking to score, the criticism will come.I've said before it takes one semi bad result to knock our support over the edge straight from optimistic to crisis.I don't blame the fans either in this league. We've set our standards a few times but can't do it consistantly. Look at how bad Falkirk are tonight. Abysmal.We must do better, we shouldn't settle for less.

scoopyboy
15-11-2014, 06:38 PM

You had better explain to me what the defence done wrong because I can't remember QOTS creating anything.

Yet you reckon only Scott Allan deserved pass marks.

bingo70
15-11-2014, 06:42 PM
You had better explain to me what the defence done wrong because I can't remember QOTS creating anything.

Fair point. I've been slating the performance today as we were awful imo, in fairness though the defence did all that was asked of them.

Jones28
15-11-2014, 06:43 PM

QOTS are above us in the league and that's not by luck. They are a good solid side who deserve to be where they are. We were missing a number of key players today and we all know that as soon as that happens we have inadequate cover in every position.

Considering how well we have been playing I'm not going to let me get too pissed off about this result.

silverhibee
15-11-2014, 06:45 PM

Thought Fontaine had a good game today as well as Hanlon, it was just a tad boring. :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
15-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Exactly the same sort of performance as we got against Raith and the Sons. Toothless up front and devoid of creativity from midfield. Allan and Kennedy tried and Cummings was ok first half. Defence never looked troubled and keeper had nothing to do. Harris, Handling, Craig and Heff not good enough on that showing. 2 more points dropped NOT 1 gained.

Weststandwanab
15-11-2014, 06:46 PM

Difficult to disagree with any of that

Did you not say that a year ago after the split ?

Spot on.

bobbyhibs1983
15-11-2014, 06:49 PM

i dont think the defence did anything wrong but pick 4 middle aged men(or ladies!) from the crowd today and they d have gotten a clean sheet(imo)

I felt, like a few games at er this season that teams seem to come here for a draw, there are happy with that.
It seems to me, (a bit weird prehaps?) that it's like .i guess the other team wont try to attack and i feel hibs seem to take it easy if that makes sense? i guess if we sense that the other team wont hurt us, we should NOT hurt them, Imo we should be in there for the kill.it just seems sometimes we take it nice and easy,

madhatter
15-11-2014, 06:50 PM
If they aren't already shouldn't these players be doing double or triple sessions? I can't remember a player improving at Hibs notably. When have we last seen a weak player become stronger? A player with a poor touch have better control? It seems to me that these players need more drive to succeed. And Kennedy needs to do less moaning about not getting a game. The boy has no end product. He'd quite happily do stepovers into No mans land.Kennedy, Harris, Craig, and Handling were completely ineffectual. I would get shot of loans in January. Only one that has looked the business is McGeouch. I would loan out Handling and Harris. Then run down Craig's contract unless can agree release.

Capt Mainwaring
15-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Lack of cutting edge today - no question that was the main reason we didn't secure 3 points. Otherwise defence was sound, goalie had nothing to do and Allan was creative and busy. Thought Kennedy provided good width but lacking someone on the end of his crosses.

Only Harris and Handling could have done better

So considering we were without Oxley, Forster, Robertson, McGeough, and Malonga ( add Farid to complete the unavailable list) then let's keep things in context

Dissapointing but hardly "brutal"

Borderhibbie76
15-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Brutal sums up our so called Captain...Stubbsy please empty this imposter in January...along with Heff!!

bobbyhibs1983
15-11-2014, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=madhatter;4226628]If they aren't already shouldn't these players be doing double or triple sessions? I can't remember a player improving at Hibs notably. When have we last seen a weak player become stronger? A player with a poor touch have better control? It seems to me that these players need more drive to succeed. QUOTE]

This part of your post have borthered me for a good good while.I understand that we have had alot of managers/players but why do we never look fit- eg pacey? we seem to be in slow motion alot of the time,prehaps with the exception of a game or two.
I think there is very little drive in our team,prehaps club too.imo
It just seems we have this motion of just accepting things as they are.

There have been posts on here for example about heartz getting alot of *dodgy* descions and we, as fans have moaned about it. and what has happened? we have just accepted it

Hibernia&Alba
15-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Not good at all today. A few important injuries, yes, but an awful match on a freezing day. I'm just happy to get warm.

emerald green
15-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Some observations on today's match:

The Hibs defence protected the young inexperienced goalkeeper well. That said, QOS were not interested in anything other than a 0-0. Some of QOS attempts at attacking in the 2nd half in particular were simply woeful. They had no intention of coming out and playing to win. Yet some folk are saying QOS are a good team. Sorry, but I disagree with that. It makes it all the more frustrating Hibs could not muster up a single goal against them at home.

Scott Allan deserved his MOM but it looks to me that some of his team mates are just not on his wavelength. We better hope he doesn't get injured too. I thought Fontaine had a good solid game, as did Gray and Stevenson.

I've tried to defend Alex Harris in the past, but honestly what did he contribute today? Not a great deal IMO, and the team really needs much more from him now.

Paul Heffernan is just not good enough, but if he is all the manager has got what can he do other than throw in another youngster?

Four consecutive home draws means Hibs have dropped 8 points in those 4 games. Now on 19 points instead of possibly 27 and right on the Yaks tails. It's killing us, and I just cannot see Hibs clawing that back now. Of course, the Huns drop 2 points at home, and we cannot take advantage, as per usual.

I cannot recall the QOS keeper having a difficult save to make in the second half. Hibs have had no luck with injuries, and the current situation has exposed just how threadbare the Hibs squad actually is, especially in the striker department.

15-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I thought we played ok but just didn't have anything up front. I thought Handling looked weak, he was out muscled so many times today. Heffernan is an absolute nightmare IMO, what a chance he had today right in front of goal!

Harris - too timid, too lightweight
Hanlon - never under much real threat but did everything right and stayed solid
Allan - sharp, direct and caused them problems
Stevenson - worked hard as always and made some good runs but gave away the ball too easily at times
Kennedy - thought he linked up well with Stevenson
Cummings - didn't contribute very much IMO
Craig - Not strong enough and i'm still struggling to see real captain material in him

carnoustiehibee
15-11-2014, 07:02 PM

This must be a sarcastic/poor joke..

Were still sitting 4th in the first division, 16 points behind hearts..

Stax
15-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Grim game. Qos were honking. Have to disagree with only scott Allan getting pass marks though. Back four were excellent IMO. Fontaine & Gray in particular were solid. Injuries definitely affecting us at the moment and we were murder in the final 3rd. Unfortunately our crap start has done us & a play off spot is all we can realistically aim for. If we have a fully fit team and a bit bit of momentum at the business end of the season I fancy us against anyone in this division and whoever drops down. No getting away from it though, today was a poor game of football.

thebakerboy
15-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Thought the Keeper and the 2 CH's were never really troubled and strolled the game , both full backs were good in defence and attack without creating too much. Craigs 1st move is always to the side or back so game is always slow through him , Handling tries hard and played OK but nothing seems to come off for him. Cummings played his heart out today but with no support he toiled. Scott Allen was excellent until the number of times he was kicked got too him and for most of the last 10 mins he was struggling. Harris needs to be taken out off first team duty for a while , another thread suggests sending him out on loan which might be an idea. Kennedy , after his speech about wanting to play well he got his chance and for me totally blew it , never once beat his man or sent cross over the bar. The subs did very little for us and didn't really change the game. Thought Stubbs got it wrong today , Cummings needed help up front and Lewis Allen should have been playing. Is Robertson injured or suspended?

bobbyhibs1983
15-11-2014, 07:09 PM
This must be a sarcastic/poor joke..

Were still sitting 4th in the first division, 16 points behind hearts..

but but its okay we have not lost in the league for a good while:greengrin

(how is that for sarcasm?):na na:

But in all seriousness, and i ve raised the point a few times before but the heartz manager (whoever the heck he is) has only had 2-3 weeks MORE than our manager, and he , i asusme is also a rookie abit with harry potter,(but heartz were doomed to div1 to be fair)
But it seems heartz are miles and miles in front of us, just look at our game against them, we did 95% of the what we needed to do and bang they come away with a 1-1 which they d be happy with everytime.

greenpaper55
15-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Qos came for a draw and nothing else, as i have said many times it is very difficult to break down a team who does this. Rangers drew with Alloa, Germany only beat Gibralter 4-0 when years ago it would have been double figures. We could have moved the ball quicker but when you consider the players that were missing then it was not to bad.

bingo70
15-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Qos came for a draw and nothing else, as i have said many times it is very difficult to break down a team who does this. Rangers drew with Alloa, Germany only beat Gibralter 4-0 when years ago it would have been double figures. We could have moved the ball quicker but when you consider the players that were missing then it was not to bad.

Even more difficult when we're playing with one up front

allezsauzee
15-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Keeper and defence were untroubled although I don't think Gray and Lewis produced as much attacking-wise as usual. Craig grafted and got tackles in but his distribution is far too slow. Handling, Kennedy, Harris and Cummings were pretty ineffectual in an attacking sense. I think Handling and Kennedy put the work in though. The subs didn't do too much either. Everyone knows Allan was the stand out player today. The lad should be playing at a much higher level than what he is. I think we'll be lucky to keep him in January. He must know he's a cut above the rest of the players in this division.

hibbymark
15-11-2014, 07:40 PM
We were poor today it reminded me of performances before the derby i.e to slow and side ways without taking the game to the opposition and not pressing the ball high enough up the park. The really frustrating thing for me with Harris,Handling,Stanton,Cummings etc having watched them consistently over the years out perform and beat the same Hearts youngsters that are running away with the league is that none of them look good enough playing at this level. I cant help think that the difference between their youngsters and ours is the experienced pros that we've surrounded these guys with. Not one leader to talk and direct them through games or carry them a bit when the chips are down. Our captains form and confidence is so bad is it any wonder our youngsters cant make the step up which means when we are missing 2 or 3 key players we are going to struggle imo

scoopyboy
15-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Thought Fontaine had a good game today as well as Hanlon, it was just a tad boring. :greengrin

Boring is correct Silv.

Thing that annoys me is that in the second half of games against Livi, Falkirk, Raith, Dumbarton, Hearts and now QOTS we have barely created a chance never mind a goal.

Only thing I can think of to change that is kick towards the North in the first half. :cb

Steve20
15-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Utter garbage. Disgraceful that we're so far off top spot and the ****bos have pretty much won the league.

Disgusting.

bingo70
15-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Utter garbage. Disgraceful that we're so far off top spot and the ****bos have pretty much won the league.

Disgusting.

They've hardly pretty much won the league, the rangers are no far behind them, plenty time for hearts to have a dip in form.

ancient hibee
15-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Queens goalie had 3 saves in the first half when he parried the ball in front of him.Not once was anyone following up.If you don't know to follow a shot in how can you be a pro footballer?

Alfred E Newman
15-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Cowdenbeath I think.

I should remember because they are as rare as hens teeth. They'll be ringing the church bells when we get the next one.

We are heading into December and Cowdenbeath is the only time I've seen them win this season. They just do not have the guile or ability to break down teams that are happy to sit in. Even with our strongest team we still lack a cutting edge. A big front man is a must in January and of course some luck would help.

Lee Marvin
15-11-2014, 08:16 PM

bookert
15-11-2014, 08:22 PM
2005 this is unbelievable, we were far from being brutal, last year we were brutal. Qos sat in and made it difficult, we struggled to break them down, that doesn't make us brutal. I think we are going in the right direction, this will be an incremental process, but I am more optimistic than I have been for seasons.

Hiber-nation
15-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Harris, Handling and Kennedy ranged from poor to absolutely awful and the same goes for the replacements. It's hard to win a game with 8 players.

We didn't let them have a shot on target so at least there's one minor positive.

HappyAsHellas
15-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling made Liverpool look positively pedestrian when Chelsea parked the bus. How can you attack a team with pace when they always have practically their entire team behind the ball? Kennedy was doubled up on every time in the first half, irrespective of which wing he was on. We were screaming our for Malonga today, and really missed him. His ability to hold the ball up with players round him and lay the ball off was something that Jason hasn't got yet. Also, Malonga makes intelligent runs to create space in behind him whereas Jason was happy to chase after any balls fired up front. But he's young and that will come with time, something we have to give this team. There will be more frustrations like this one today, but when we have a full squad on the park, we will have a good footballing side. I'm disappointed we didn't get the win today, but I'd never go as far as to say we were brutal. Teams that get everyone behind the ball do so for a reason - they will never take you on at the game of football. Visiting teams have a lot of respect for us - shame some of our supporters don't.

silverhibee
15-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Boring is correct Silv.

Thing that annoys me is that in the second half of games against Livi, Falkirk, Raith, Dumbarton, Hearts and now QOTS we have barely created a chance never mind a goal.

Only thing I can think of to change that is kick towards the North in the first half. :cb

We have far to many players not willing to have a shot on goal when they have the chance, a few times today i thought "shoot" and players played it out wide and when it was put in to the box there was no one to get on the end of things, players pick wrong choices a lot of the times in games, funnily enough i said at HT, shooting down the slope 2nd half and we will score a few, wrong again, :greengrin it looked like we were content to play for the draw in the 2nd half.

djs69
15-11-2014, 09:01 PM
No plus points from another home draw I'm afraid.

silverhibee
15-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Queens goalie had 3 saves in the first half when he parried the ball in front of him.Not once was anyone following up.If you don't know to follow a shot in how can you be a pro footballer?

Spoke to a ex Hibs player after the game and this was spoken about, think it was Cummings who just stood there when a shot was fired at the goalie, the player said you should be making the run towards the goalie as soon as the other player has had the shot as you just never no if the goalie will spill it or not, you have to take the gamble and follow up when another player shoots.

Pointless just standing there stuck in the headlights.

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2014, 09:13 PM

Spoke to a ex Hibs player after the game and this was spoken about, think it was Cummings who just stood there when a shot was fired at the goalie, the player said you should be making the run towards the goalie as soon as the other player has had the shot as you just never no if the goalie will spill it or not, you have to take the gamble and follow up when another player shoots.

Its basic centre forward play. :agree:

bookert
15-11-2014, 09:25 PM
2005 this is unbelievable, we were far from being brutal, last year we were brutal. Qos sat in and made it difficult, we struggled to break them down, that doesn't make us brutal. I think we are going in the right direction, this will be an incremental process, but I am more optimistic than I have been for seasons.

Pete
15-11-2014, 09:31 PM

Interesting .It was the exact opposite recently in big games like the derby and the cup game. They were sharp and quick to react to second balls so it's definitely in there. Preparation? Can't be bothered with the wee games? Not fancying the scrap? Subconsciously thinking that all they have to do is turn up and win?

Whatever it is they HAVE to be hungry in front of goals. They should smell blood the minute they see a team sitting back and bust a gut to add to their tally.

Disappointing stuff hearing that.

Ronniekirk
15-11-2014, 09:32 PM
this is unbelievable, we were far from being brutal, last year we were brutal. Qos sat in and made it difficult, we struggled to break them down, that doesn't make us brutal. I think we are going in the right direction, this will be an incremental process, but I am more optimistic than I have been for seasons.
But what today did expose is our lack of depth of squad when a couple of influential players are out
All the creativity was down to Allan and given what was at stake was a one nil win too much to expect

HFC 0-7
15-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Why is everyone going on about the players we had missing!!! Oxley is missing but the young keep done great. Malonga was brought in for cover for El Alugui so we can only count one of them missing really as both wouldnt play together. Back 4 played fine with forster missing, robertson isnt amazing IMO and isnt always picked anyway. Player we missed today was McGeouch.

The issue today was that lack of pace and urgency. Why is it that when we have a player running down the wing, the ball is passed to them where they are at, at point of pass causing the winger to stop, wait for the ball then start running again, why do we not play the ball in front of them so they keep the momentum????

We never dictated the pace of the game and put them under pressure. A few times we had a shot from distance with no one following it in when the keeper never dealt with it. We never chased down passes between their defenders and keeper enough. We had a ton of possession but no pressure.

JimBHibees
15-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Why is everyone going on about the players we had missing!!! Oxley is missing but the young keep done great. Malonga was brought in for cover for El Alugui so we can only count one of them missing really as both wouldnt play together. Back 4 played fine with forster missing, robertson isnt amazing IMO and isnt always picked anyway. Player we missed today was McGeouch.

The issue today was that lack of pace and urgency. Why is it that when we have a player running down the wing, the ball is passed to them where they are at, at point of pass causing the winger to stop, wait for the ball then start running again, why do we not play the ball in front of them so they keep the momentum????

We never dictated the pace of the game and put them under pressure. A few times we had a shot from distance with no one following it in when the keeper never dealt with it. We never chased down passes between their defenders and keeper enough. We had a ton of possession but no pressure.

Very poor quite why we never pushed up on their back 4 at any time was a joke especially in the last 10. Why is Craig the captain when he is and should not be a starter.

Cummings should have stayed on and been given a chance go play in a 2. We should have dropped Stanton back into midfield and pushed Scott Allan off the front.

Glorious St Pat
15-11-2014, 10:19 PM
They've hardly pretty much won the league, the rangers are no far behind them, plenty time for hearts to have a dip in form.

I've been waiting for them to have a dip in form for weeks...and I'm still waiting. The Yams will win the league whilst we Sally on in the hope of being in the top four.

Unacceptable.

Mikey09
15-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling made Liverpool look positively pedestrian when Chelsea parked the bus. How can you attack a team with pace when they always have practically their entire team behind the ball? Kennedy was doubled up on every time in the first half, irrespective of which wing he was on. We were screaming our for Malonga today, and really missed him. His ability to hold the ball up with players round him and lay the ball off was something that Jason hasn't got yet. Also, Malonga makes intelligent runs to create space in behind him whereas Jason was happy to chase after any balls fired up front. But he's young and that will come with time, something we have to give this team. There will be more frustrations like this one today, but when we have a full squad on the park, we will have a good footballing side. I'm disappointed we didn't get the win today, but I'd never go as far as to say we were brutal. Teams that get everyone behind the ball do so for a reason - they will never take you on at the game of football. Visiting teams have a lot of respect for us - shame some of our supporters don't.

Jesus.... A well thought out, sensible post?? It'll never catch on..... :top marks

LancashireHibby
15-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Its basic centre forward play. :agree:

Just got home, and the chat on the way back (including with "Not a Jambo Derek" :D) was that we lacked a centre forward in the purest sense of it. All well and good retaining possession in midfield, but Cummings has little presence as it is, never mind being surrounded by three centre backs every time the ball was being played in to his feet. Absolutely astounded me that it was so late in the game before started to try and get to the byline and pull the ball back - unfortunately in this case in to the path of Heffernan to take out a kid in the 4th row of FF Upper.

eastterrace
15-11-2014, 11:10 PM
this is unbelievable, we were far from being brutal, last year we were brutal. Qos sat in and made it difficult, we struggled to break them down, that doesn't make us brutal. I think we are going in the right direction, this will be an incremental process, but I am more optimistic than I have been for seasons.

it was brutal mate believe me. that was an endurance test today sitting watching that dross. we have to many passengers ie harris , craig , time to dump these so called football players.

seanshow
15-11-2014, 11:43 PM
Lack of cutting edge today - no question that was the main reason we didn't secure 3 points. Otherwise defence was sound, goalie had nothing to do and Allan was creative and busy. Thought Kennedy provided good width but lacking someone on the end of his crosses.

Only Harris and Handling could have done better

So considering we were without Oxley, Forster, Robertson, McGeough, and Malonga ( add Farid to complete the unavailable list) then let's keep things in context

Dissapointing but hardly "brutal"

I'll second all of the above, No strength in depth so if you take out four regulars then we are in the sh*taki, the only hope was that Allan could create something but it wasn't to be.

....I wonder what the guest family and friends of the military thought of the game, as it was hardly a thriller. lol

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Harris, handling, Craig and Cummings are just not up to it in my opinion.

Shrekko
16-11-2014, 01:15 AM
Boring game but the most depressing moment was actually when that announcer was doing his usual failed attempts at whipping up the crowd by saying several times that Hibs could go 3rd (in the championship FFS) if we won by '2 consecutive goals' (eh?!) as if we'd be in dreamland at the thought. Obviously we failed to, which rubbed it in a bit further.

Badge
16-11-2014, 01:23 AM

What about Kennedy and Sinclair
? What do they offer? I would much prefer to see Lewis Allen and Sam Stanton get a game before them.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 10:14 AM
What about Kennedy and Sinclair
? What do they offer? I would much prefer to see Lewis Allen and Sam Stanton get a game before them.

Kennedy and Sinclair offer nothing.

Baldy Foghorn
16-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Kennedy and Sinclair offer nothing.

Kennedy bemoaning lack of game time, and then did hee haw.....Quality over quantity anyone?:rolleyes:

scoopyboy
16-11-2014, 10:39 AM

First three I would agree with, I still have hope for Jason.

He's still only 19 and hasn't been playing football full time for a long period.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Seriously, what has happened to Alex Harris?! Can't even be a confidence thing anymore. He's truly awful

hes just not very good I'm afraid.

We are very short of options but as we've probably spent our budget there's not too much we can do until we can move some more people on.

I hope not Andy. Yesterday should tell stubbs that our fringe players are not good enough to fill in and stubbs has to strengthen in January for the big push.

None of the youngsters did themselves any favours.

Agree, honking today. :agree:

:agree: Harris, Craig and handling should be nowhere near the team.

[QUOTE=Northernhibee;4226585]The bipolar nature of our support is brutal. Still on a good unbeaten run, plenty of effort, clean sheet despite a number of properly key injuries and absences - yet we're "brutal" again. Not our best game but a good point all considering the circumstances.

We are losing or drawing matches at home we should be winning. How many home wins this season? People pay their money to see Hibs win game, right now we are getting short changed again

[QUOTE=bingo70;4226605]To think folk were moaning about the price of season tickets as well.

I cant see many half seasons being sold. Not at £205 of people's hard earned that's for sure.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Kennedy bemoaning lack of game time, and then did hee haw.....Quality over quantity anyone?:rolleyes:

Just another mouthpiece who can't do it on the park when a chance comes along.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 10:50 AM
First three I would agree with, I still have hope for Jason.

He's still only 19 and hasn't been playing football full time for a long period.

Scoopy, I understand that he's young and I know he was asked to play the lone striker role but he offered nothing. Basic things like following in shots that the keeper kept spilling just didn't happen. He has to do better or I'm afraid he'll be the next scapegoat.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 11:00 AM
I've been waiting for them to have a dip in form for weeks...and I'm still waiting. The Yams will win the league whilst we Sally on in the hope of being in the top four.

Unacceptable.

The board have settled for mid table finishes for years. This season appears to be no different.

southsider
16-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Add Handling into that list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Only Scottie A. Hanlon and Gray are anywhere near good enough to play for this Football Club. Fast losing faith in Stubbs also. One up front ?

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Only Scottie A. Hanlon and Gray are anywhere near good enough to play for this Football Club. Fast losing faith in Stubbs also. One up front ?

What about mcgeoch malonga and farid? Also Robertson.

Billy McKirdy
16-11-2014, 11:08 AM
This is going to be the story of our season, every under par performance against lesser sides met with greeting and crying that wouldn't be out of place at the wailing wall.
Ffs! Calm doon eh!
We all know where we need improved, results like this are not the end of the world.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 11:11 AM
This is going to be the story of our season, every under par performance against lesser sides met with greeting and crying that wouldn't be out of place at the wailing wall.
Ffs! Calm doon eh!
We all know where we need improved, results like this are not the end of the world.

Results like this this will see us remain in this league for a couple of seasons. If you're happy with that then that's fine. I'm not though.

southsider
16-11-2014, 11:15 AM
What about mcgeoch malonga and farid? Also Robertson.
None of them played yesterday, which i was talking about but i agree with you about McGeogh. The rest are selling platers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-11-2014, 11:19 AM
results like this are not the end of the world.

Have a look at the league table, results like this are nae use whatsoever. The number of Hibbies with your attitude shows just how far we've plummeted as a club though.

Phil MaGlass
16-11-2014, 11:28 AM
One striker up front tells you all you need to know about the state of hibs and the quality of manager we have. One up front at home ffs.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 11:29 AM
None of them played yesterday, which i was talking about but i agree with you about McGeogh. The rest are selling platers.

To be honest the only player in that team of any real value is Scott Allan.

scoopyboy
16-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Scoopy, I understand that he's young and I know he was asked to play the lone striker role but he offered nothing. Basic things like following in shots that the keeper kept spilling just didn't happen. He has to do better or I'm afraid he'll be the next scapegoat.

I can't remember clearly who had the shots that were spilled but think Jason maybe hit one or two of them.

They were far enough out that the person who hit them couldn't have been expected to get to the rebound, although I do agree someone should have been following up.

IMO he shouldn't be playing the lone striker role.

When Heffernan came on him and Jason should have been front two, I wouldn't have taken him off as he was the most likely to score, again IMO.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Have a look at the league table, results like this are nae use whatsoever. The number of Hibbies with your attitude shows just how far we've plummeted as a club though.

:agree: We are in a bad way on the park, especially at home. People seem happy to accept this.

One striker up front tells you all you need to know about the state of hibs and the quality of manager we have. One up front at home ffs.

One upfront at home indicates to me that stubbs didn't go out to try and win the game. I think he wanted to win the game but his team selection and formation says otherwise.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 11:37 AM
I can't remember clearly who had the shots that were spilled but think Jason maybe hit one or two of them.

They were far enough out that the person who hit them couldn't have been expected to get to the rebound, although I do agree someone should have been following up.

When Heffernan came on him and Jason should have been front two, I wouldn't have taken him off as he was the most likely to score, again IMO.

Yes, stubbs should have went to a 442 and went for it but for some reason he seemed happy with the draw.

Bobby's Cinema
16-11-2014, 11:45 AM
The lack of urgency in our game amazes me. That is a fundamental part of our game that just hasn't been put in place on a weekly basis.

There were many occasions in that first half yesterday, where the ball came in, dropped at the feet on a QoS player in his own 18yard box and we just backed off it. Why are we not up in their face, forcing a mistake, keeping them locked in?

We should be at it from the word go and killing off these sides by half time. Not floating about all over the park, backing off and thinking the chance will come. We must force the issue. That just doesn't seem to be coming through and for that I look at Stubbs.

How can we expect to be challenging with that kind of mentality. Let's not kid ourselves, that was awful yesterday.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 11:53 AM
The lack of urgency in our game amazes me. That is a fundamental part of our game that just hasn't been put in place on a weekly basis.

There were many occasions in that first half yesterday, where the ball came in, dropped at the feet on a QoS player in his own 18yard box and we just backed off it. Why are we not up in their face, forcing a mistake, keeping them locked in?

We should be at it from the word go and killing off these sides by half time. Not floating about all over the park, backing off and thinking the chance will come. We must force the issue. That just doesn't seem to be coming through and for that I look at Stubbs.

How can we expect to be challenging with that kind of mentality. Let's not kid ourselves, that was awful yesterday.

We never pressed them at all. I don't understand why. We did against hearts and last week at cowdenbeath. It's a system that seems to work so to not do it yesterday raises the questions, do stubbs and his management team study the opposition before we play them? Do they actually know what they are doing? Do they know the best players for each position? And do they know what formation to play? Answers on a postcard please.

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2014, 11:54 AM
It was disappointing yesterday no doubt about it, but no blame can be attached to any of the back 4 IMO ... I thought Fontaine was excellent in the first half especially. As I said on another thread QOTS did try to get forward, but were ineffective because we stopped them from threatening our goal.

I have defended Harris many times, but he offered nothing yesterday and a loan spell somewhere would do him good IMO.

We have played well enough in some games to show we can make an impact in the play offs, but we must learn to break down defences because winning at home is a must in a 2 leg game. On that note, I still cant understand why folk seem so keen to see the Yams overtaken at the top of the league. I would much rather play the Zombies than the Yams in a play off.

B.H.F.C
16-11-2014, 12:18 PM

I agree with you about Cummings. Shouldn't be up top on his own. I could be wrong but in all the games him and Malonga have played together I think at least one of them have scored.

He's got massive room for improvement but if he continues to play then he'll get 12-15 goals this year which wouldn't be a bad return. He's always a threat IMO. He was the only one that looked remotely like scoring yesterday. Harris, Handling and Kennedy gave us nothing.

Billy McKirdy
16-11-2014, 01:10 PM

We're playing much better as a unit, we're still rebuilding including team confidence, we're missing our main strikers at the moment so scoring is a problem, the manager called it wrong with one up yesterday but overall there is a MASSIVE improvement in performamce, my attitide is lets see how this season pans out....I'm not panicking. ...yet!!!

ancient hibee
16-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Cummings is fine -just needs proper coaching which hopefully he'll get-and hopefully he'll be told not to sulk if it's not going his way.

Lucius Apuleius
16-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Never having studied football management or tactics in any depth I don't know the technical ins and outs of different formations but I very much doubt if our manager sent out a team against QoS hoping for a draw. Things maybe did not go they the way he wanted it to but not for one second do I believe he started the game looking for a draw.

Heisenberg
16-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Never having studied football management or tactics in any depth I don't know the technical ins and outs of different formations but I very much doubt if our manager sent out a team against QoS hoping for a draw. Things maybe did not go they the way he wanted it to but not for one second do I believe he started the game looking for a draw.

Although we only had one striker it was a team that had another three attacking midfield players. Harris, Kennedy and Handling didn't offer anywhere near enough support to Cummings who was left to try and do it all himself which was very unfair on him. Scott Allan was trying to make things happen but he can only do so much by himself, he played in some lovely passes out wide and through the QOS defence but we always made a mess of it. Liam Craig contributed **** all AGAIN.

Lucius Apuleius
16-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Although we only had one striker it was a team that had another three attacking midfield players. Harris, Kennedy and Handling didn't offer anywhere near enough support to Cummings who was left to try and do it all himself which was very unfair on him. Scott Allan was trying to make things happen but he can only do so much by himself, he played in some lovely passes out wide and through the QOS defence but we always made a mess of it. Liam Craig contributed **** all AGAIN.

Which is where I am coming from. Who else could we have put into the team to turn it into an effective 442?

Hermit Crab
17-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Which is where I am coming from. Who else could we have put into the team to turn it into an effective 442?

I would have started heff and Cummings.

SMAXXA
17-11-2014, 09:01 AM
I would have started heff and Cummings.

:confused: But most on here were clearly saying Stubbs better not start Heff. It's the nature of football I'm afraid your dammed if you do and so on.

Hermit Crab
17-11-2014, 09:16 AM
:confused: But most on here were clearly saying Stubbs better not start Heff. It's the nature of football I'm afraid your dammed if you do and so on.

It was the obvious option for me. A bit experience up top to help Jason.

Smartie
17-11-2014, 10:47 AM
It was disappointing yesterday no doubt about it, but no blame can be attached to any of the back 4 IMO ... I thought Fontaine was excellent in the first half especially. As I said on another thread QOTS did try to get forward, but were ineffective because we stopped them from threatening our goal.

I have defended Harris many times, but he offered nothing yesterday and a loan spell somewhere would do him good IMO.

We have played well enough in some games to show we can make an impact in the play offs, but we must learn to break down defences because winning at home is a must in a 2 leg game. On that note, I still cant understand why folk seem so keen to see the Yams overtaken at the top of the league. I would much rather play the Zombies than the Yams in a play off.

I thought we were brilliant defensively on Saturday and that has been lost a bit amongst the doom and gloom. We were pitiful going forward and that's why we didn't win the game.

But given that we were protecting a very young goalkeeper making his first appearance, the back 4 (especially the centre-halves) I thought did very well.

I actually also thought Liam Craig did well defensively, but didn't offer enough going forward.

It's easy to pick the bones after the event and say we should have done this or that but I'm not convinced Stubbs could have done much with what was available. We were relying for goals on players who proved last year that they could not create or score and this was the reason we were relegated. We've blamed manager after manager for this but these players are simply not good enough yet (some may question whether they ever will be.)

Our squad has improved significantly and our first team is now good. You can chuck any one of Handling/Harris/Heff/Cummings in at a time and we should still do ok. But if you're relying on a combination of them to score you goals and win games then it simply won't happen.

Stubbs has so far built a team but he's far away from having built a squad. Any team in any country would struggle if they had to do without the spine of a team, like we had to do on Saturday.

BoomtownHibees
17-11-2014, 10:55 AM
I thought we were brilliant defensively on Saturday and that has been lost a bit amongst the doom and gloom. We were pitiful going forward and that's why we didn't win the game.

But given that we were protecting a very young goalkeeper making his first appearance, the back 4 (especially the centre-halves) I thought did very well.

I actually also thought Liam Craig did well defensively, but didn't offer enough going forward.

It's easy to pick the bones after the event and say we should have done this or that but I'm not convinced Stubbs could have done much with what was available. We were relying for goals on players who proved last year that they could not create or score and this was the reason we were relegated. We've blamed manager after manager for this but these players are simply not good enough yet (some may question whether they ever will be.)

Our squad has improved significantly and our first team is now good. You can chuck any one of Handling/Harris/Heff/Cummings in at a time and we should still do ok. But if you're relying on a combination of them to score you goals and win games then it simply won't happen.

Stubbs has so far built a team but he's far away from having built a squad. Any team in any country would struggle if they had to do without the spine of a team, like we had to do on Saturday.

"Brilliant defensively" is pushing it a bit. We were under no threat whatsoever. They offered even less going forward than we did

Smartie
17-11-2014, 11:05 AM
"Brilliant defensively" is pushing it a bit. We were under no threat whatsoever. They offered even less going forward than we did

I know what you mean, but I honestly thought that we made them look poor going forward, snuffing out every threat they offered early on.

Compare it to the Cowdenbeath home game where we tied ourselves in knots for a spell.

I just want to give the team credit where I think it's due. The Rangers didn't manage to keep a shut-out at home against a weaker team than we were playing.

Every cloud and all that.

BoomtownHibees
17-11-2014, 11:22 AM
I know what you mean, but I honestly thought that we made them look poor going forward, snuffing out every threat they offered early on.

Compare it to the Cowdenbeath home game where we tied ourselves in knots for a spell.

I just want to give the team credit where I think it's due. The Rangers didn't manage to keep a shut-out at home against a weaker team than we were playing.

Every cloud and all that.

You could reverse that though and ask do you think that QotS played brilliant defensively as they snuffed out our threat?

frazeHFC
17-11-2014, 12:17 PM
I thought we played ok, never looked like conceding and passed it about fairly well. But have to agree that without Farid/Malonga type player in the team we created very little. Had 0-0 written all over it.

silverhibee
17-11-2014, 12:24 PM
It was the obvious option for me. A bit experience up top to help Jason.

Would have been better putting me upfront with Jason before Heff.

Every week i hear how good Heff is doing through the week at training but yet when he gets his chance in a game he never takes it.

IWasThere2016
17-11-2014, 12:29 PM
I declined a lift and a free ticket on Saturday as my mate was going. He said pre-match his mojo was back and he was excited.

Post-match his text was "that's my mojo killed - totally!"

Smartie
17-11-2014, 12:31 PM
You could reverse that though and ask do you think that QotS played brilliant defensively as they snuffed out our threat?

A fair point.

I've seen QoS twice this season and in 180 minutes we've barely mustered a shot on goal so I suppose you could/should give them a bit of credit for that.

The personnel and formations deployed by us on both occasions have been far from our best though (based on what I've seen us do against teams better than QoS) so I still think it was more about our failings than about how well they did.

ahibby
17-11-2014, 12:39 PM
I can't describe the performance as brutal. I thought the back four and Scott Allan, did well but I wouldn't give pass marks to anyone else. SK and JC need to not look at their feet when they have the ball but look around them more. LC, well I didn't rate him before and Saturday certainly did nothing to change that. Heff should have put the ball away for a win but didn't realize he could have taken a first touch to kill the ball then pick his spot, at the time it appeared he had time to do that but he must have thought otherwise. Still left feeling disappointed but not surprised considering the number of first choice players we have out at the moment. Arguably missing our first choice two strikers, first choice attacking and holding midfielders and one of our centrebacks plus first choice goalie, Hibs B team didn't manage a win.

happiehibbie
17-11-2014, 01:22 PM
I had to wait to comment as I feel thAt posting in anger can cloud our judgement. The pace we play at is too slow. We have LC as captain 1 up front at home we play Danny Handling in what position ? He should do the next persil add he comes of the pitch as if he has stepped out of a shop window not a hair out of place. Yes we had a lot of players missing that does not excuse pace and 1 up front I have now accepted we will finish in the top 4 and have to try and win the play offs.

Phil MaGlass
17-11-2014, 01:25 PM
I had to wait to comment as I feel thAt posting in anger can cloud our judgement. The pace we play at is too slow. We have LC as captain 1 up front at home we play Danny Handling in what position ? He should do the next persil add he comes of the pitch as if he has stepped out of a shop window not a hair out of place. Yes we had a lot of players missing that does not excuse pace and 1 up front I have now accepted we will finish in the top 4 and have to try and win the play offs.

our pace is way too slow, needs to be uptempo, absolutely nae excuse that we missed players, hopefully get it right just in time for the playoffs.

Stuarty27
17-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Its Monday and I still can't believe how bad that performance was.

The last few weeks have been so positive but that was hibs of 6 months ago. Totally knocked the feel good factor. Still feel like ave been kicked in the baws!

It's plainly obvious guys like Liam Craig, Alex Harris and Paul Heffernan don't give to flying F ks about our club. I still cany get over Heffernans miss from the cut back from Gray. After blazing the ball over he turned around and walked back as if he didn't care one bit!

Breaks ma heart watching Liam Craig with the captains armband of our club, spending more time arguing with opposition players and refs and passing the ball backwards or sideways.

JimBHibees
17-11-2014, 05:20 PM

Ridiculous criticism. He was ok but had no support.

Queens are having a decent season and the number of players we had missing needs to be taken into account.

JimBHibees
17-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Fast losing faith in Stubbs also. ?

Laughable comment.

Smartie
17-11-2014, 05:33 PM

Queens are having a decent season and the number of players we had missing needs to be taken into account.

He did have no support and that can be used to explain times when he lost the ball when surrounded by their players whilst waiting for support. The service to him and help for him at times on Saturday was pitiful.

There was one time in the first half though when Allan hit a stinging shot that the keeper spilled. Cummings was dreaming and if he had followed it in then he would have had a tap-in. Chances were few and far between on Saturday, we created zip so we couldn't really afford this. Cummings is a cracking young player and I like him but when he fails to do the basics like this then he deserves the criticism that comes his way.

He'll become a better player for responding positively to fair criticism.

silverhibee
17-11-2014, 05:39 PM

Our subs should be as good as there 1st team players, so whoever is brought in should be as good as the QOTS player and we should have still had enough even with injuries to beat QOTS at home.

JimBHibees
17-11-2014, 05:40 PM
He did have no support and that can be used to explain times when he lost the ball when surrounded by their players whilst waiting for support. The service to him and help for him at times on Saturday was pitiful.

There was one time in the first half though when Allan hit a stinging shot that the keeper spilled. Cummings was dreaming and if he had followed it in then he would have had a tap-in. Chances were few and far between on Saturday, we created zip so we couldn't really afford this. Cummings is a cracking young player and I like him but when he fails to do the basics like this then he deserves the criticism that comes his way.

He'll become a better player for responding positively to fair criticism.

It isn't fair criticism though some people writing him off as a player on the basis of getting no support and poor service. The bit about following in is fair enough however didn't see anyone else doing it either. How many goals has the kid scored this season? 6 or so.

FromTheCapital
17-11-2014, 05:43 PM
I personally believe there was an overreaction to Saturday's game. We're missing 6 key players and had a lot of our fringe players playing. Harris is rank. Craig is even worse and Heffernan is awful. With McGeouch and Malonga playing we would have won that game convincingly. Allan looked exposed playing next to craig who either seems to be playing on the wing or in centre back. It's unfortunate all these injuries and Malonga being called up all fell in to one week. People need to take a look and be sensible about thing. Stubbs and Dempster are trying to build a better Hibs for the future, which is not just going to happen one year. At full strength, this Hibs team is one of the strongest we've had in a long time.

JimBHibees
17-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Our subs should be as good as there 1st team players, so whoever is brought in should be as good as the QOTS player and we should have still had enough even with injuries to beat QOTS at home.

Agree however I think the quality of some of our younger players is questionable.

Hermit Crab
17-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Agree however I think the quality of some of our younger players is questionable.

Just like i think cummings quality is questionable. For what it's worth I like him because he's cocky and full of confidence and looked pissed off at getting subbed but when Cody M returns to full fitness I think he might force his way into the first team. Rated higher than Cummings I believe.

For the time being though he has to better like doing the basics.

erskine-hibby
17-11-2014, 08:57 PM
I personally believe there was an overreaction to Saturday's game. We're missing 6 key players and had a lot of our fringe players playing. Harris is rank. Craig is even worse and Heffernan is awful. With McGeouch and Malonga playing we would have won that game convincingly. Allan looked exposed playing next to craig who either seems to be playing on the wing or in centre back. It's unfortunate all these injuries and Malonga being called up all fell in to one week. People need to take a look and be sensible about thing. Stubbs and Dempster are trying to build a better Hibs for the future, which is not just going to happen one year. At full strength, this Hibs team is one of the strongest we've had in a long time.

So what happened to quality over quantity then?
If we had, the said, quality it wouldn't matter. The truth is we have neither, so where is this team we are meant to be building?

FromTheCapital
17-11-2014, 09:02 PM
So what happened to quality over quantity then?
If we had, the said, quality it wouldn't matter. The truth is we have neither, so where is this team we are meant to be building?

Did you really expect Stubbs to build a great new Hibs team in 4 months? He's brought in Gray, Fontaine, Allan, McGeouch (who we'll hopefully get permanently), El Alagui and Malonga who are all good players, so there's the basis of a good side. Give it time, we're starting to move in the right direction.

erskine-hibby
17-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Did you really expect Stubbs to build a great new Hibs team in 4 months? He's brought in Gray, Fontaine, Allan, McGeouch (who we'll hopefully get permanently), El Alagui and Malonga who are all good players, so there's the basis of a good side. Give it time, we're starting to move in the right direction.

No I didn't, but I did expect a team that could challenge in this league...sadly we don't.

FromTheCapital
17-11-2014, 09:06 PM
No I didn't, but I did expect a team that could challenge in this league...sadly we don't.

So did I but I think we all have to remember that stubbs came in when we had 12 first team players! Squad is just beginning to gel and we get hit with international call ups and injuries! I think we'll go up this season!

erskine-hibby
17-11-2014, 09:08 PM
So did I but I think we all have to remember that stubbs came in when we had 12 first team players! Squad is just beginning to gel and we get hit with international call ups and injuries! I think we'll go up this season!

Well I see nothing to suggest that is a possibility, nothing!

easty
17-11-2014, 09:10 PM

I'm fed up of hearing this every time we get a new manager. Give it time. Why?

I just took a look at the Hearts side that beat Falkirk on Saturday. Neil Alexander, Ozturk, Pallardo, Gomis, Buaben, El Hassanaoui all started. They're all new players this season. Sow is another. Keatings another. Eckersley another. Well....they seem to have done not too badly given half their team is new.

But we have to wait? We're playing against teams with a fraction of our budget, in some cases against part-timers. It's no good enough, and I'm no having this "moving in the right direction" or "they need time" *****.

FromTheCapital
17-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Well I see nothing to suggest that is a possibility, nothing!

Well I have and so have a lot of other Hibs fans I've spoke to

erskine-hibby
17-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Well I have and so have a lot of other Hibs fans I've spoke to

Hope you're right buddy, can't see it though.

FromTheCapital
17-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Hope you're right buddy, can't see it though.

It's all just opinions mate. All hoping for the same thing, let's hope Stubbs & co deliver!

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2014, 09:49 PM

I just took a look at the Hearts side that beat Falkirk on Saturday. Neil Alexander, Ozturk, Pallardo, Gomis, Buaben, El Hassanaoui all started. They're all new players this season. Sow is another. Keatings another. Eckersley another. Well....they seem to have done not too badly given half their team is new.

But we have to wait? We're playing against teams with a fraction of our budget, in some cases against part-timers. It's no good enough, and I'm no having this "moving in the right direction" or "they need time" *****.

Its funny that eh, 9 new players yet they have gelled quickly. Its never happened at Hibs, i wonder why?

Broken Gnome
17-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Its funny that eh, 9 new players yet they have gelled quickly. Its never happened at Hibs, i wonder why?

In fairness, that's been a infuriating excuse used by Hibs over the last three or four years. It probably rings truer this year as we've gone for a completely different style. Airborne to grounded, specifically.

Hearts are an extension of what they were doing less successfully last season.

JimBHibees
17-11-2014, 09:57 PM

Are Hearts not a team we outplayed a couple of weeks back ? Progress is clearly being made.

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2014, 09:59 PM
In fairness, that's been a infuriating excuse used by Hibs over the last three or four years. It probably rings truer this year as we've gone for a completely different style. Airborne to grounded, specifically.

I'm not buying that, these are footballers who have all played football before, and probably only last season the hoofball we were subjected to.

We seem to want to make excuse after excuse for poor results and bad displays, when its clear as daylight we just are nothing great to talk about, and a very average team/squad in a bloody poor league.

erskine-hibby
17-11-2014, 10:00 PM

New management team, new players, new owner, hardly an extension to what they were doing last season.

easty
17-11-2014, 10:07 PM
Are Hearts not a team we outplayed a couple of weeks back ? Progress is clearly being made.

Well no, cos you dont get any points for outplaying teams, you get points for beating teams. We arent doing that enough. Not even nearly enough.

Progress for me is picking up the results we should be, not outplaying sides and almost getting wins.

ancient hibee
17-11-2014, 10:07 PM
When Craig plays the tempo clearly drops if he is trying to run the game.Cummings failed to follow in a shot that someone had put in and was told about it by the bench.He could have said that he'd had 2 shots that nobody had followed.It was clear that the goalie had a flaw in his technique as he kept on pushing the ball out into the danger area-we should have bombarded him for the rest of the game.

easty
17-11-2014, 10:08 PM
New management team, new players, new owner, hardly an extension to what they were doing last season.

Also, last season they were getting pumped most weeks, they've certainly not extended that to this season.

happiehibbie
18-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Cummings has had a poor game. A lot to learn he was up front as a lone striker with a player that looks like a Taylor's model handling when we play him we are playing with 10 men add in Craig we are into 9,5en add in Harris we are down to 8.5 Harris and Cummings can learn Danny needs to find a position and maybe just maybe get dirty and mess his hair Again tho Stubbs tactics at home not very good we need to press and move the ball quicker and quicker But really we are a championship side and we need to except it hard as it may be

JimBHibees
18-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Well no, cos you dont get any points for outplaying teams, you get points for beating teams. We arent doing that enough. Not even nearly enough.

Progress for me is picking up the results we should be, not outplaying sides and almost getting wins.

Outplaying sides is a clear sign of progress. You mentioned Hearts who have had months to get ready for this season, we or more importantly the new management team have had little time though have outplayed the supposed 2 best teams 3 out of the 4 games they have played. Saturday was disappointing though the circumstances of 4 or 5 players being out and QOS not actually being a bad team need to be taken into account. This self loathing helps no one.

hibs0666
18-11-2014, 10:46 AM

You have to start playing teams to give yourself a chance off winning. Are you trying to say that we should just keep on getting out played? If so that is total nonsense.

easty
18-11-2014, 10:59 AM
You have to start playing teams to give yourself a chance off winning. Are you trying to say that we should just keep on getting out played? If so that is total nonsense.

I think that's quite obviously not what I'm saying.

Look at Arsenal, outplaying teams for years, winning nowt. Progress there?

Points win football matches, putting the ball in the net gets goals which you need to win points. Excuse my nonsense for not being happy with simply getting through the season so far "outplaying" the likes of QOTS, Alloa and Raith but not beating them. Hearts and Rangers have both scored almost double the number of goals we have in the league, and conceded less than we have as well.....but we're playing no bad just now so its ok? It's work in progress. We've got players out injured.

Less excuses, more points please.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Outplaying sides is a clear sign of progress. You mentioned Hearts who have had months to get ready for this season, we or more importantly the new management team have had little time though have outplayed the supposed 2 best teams 3 out of the 4 games they have played. Saturday was disappointing though the circumstances of 4 or 5 players being out and QOS not actually being a bad team need to be taken into account. This self loathing helps no one.

I saw Hibs outplay teams under Calderwood, remember 0-3 at Ibrox? I saw Hibs outplay Hearts at Easter road a few times, we actually won one of them too.

Clear progress is a winning team, a team that wins regularly in a piss poor championship, not one who is 16 points off the top of it languishing in 4th place.

JimBHibees
18-11-2014, 12:33 PM
I saw Hibs outplay teams under Calderwood, remember 0-3 at Ibrox? I saw Hibs outplay Hearts at Easter road a few times, we actually won one of them too.

Clear progress is a winning team, a team that wins regularly in a piss poor championship, not one who is 16 points off the top of it languishing in 4th place.

Couldn't agree more however Stubbs team is at least trying to play the game in the right way. He has been hugely unlucky with injuries however you are right the results are the main thing though to me his signings have been good. Just hope he can rid of some of what he has been landed with player wise.

hibs0666
18-11-2014, 12:50 PM
I think that's quite obviously not what I'm saying.

Look at Arsenal, outplaying teams for years, winning nowt. Progress there?

Points win football matches, putting the ball in the net gets goals which you need to win points. Excuse my nonsense for not being happy with simply getting through the season so far "outplaying" the likes of QOTS, Alloa and Raith but not beating them. Hearts and Rangers have both scored almost double the number of goals we have in the league, and conceded less than we have as well.....but we're playing no bad just now so its ok? It's work in progress. We've got players out injured.

Less excuses, more points please.

Arsenal have not finished outside the top four since 1996 - that's what outplaying teams allows you to do.

easty
18-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Arsenal have not finished outside the top four since 1996 - that's what outplaying teams allows you to do.

But when put into perspective, they've not been successful. Which I'm sure you're well aware was the point I'm making.

hibs0666
18-11-2014, 01:05 PM
But when put into perspective, they've not been successful. Which I'm sure you're well aware was the point I'm making.

League winners three times and FA cup winners 5 times in that time. Every club in England bar one or two would love to be that unsuccessful.

easty
18-11-2014, 01:13 PM
League winners three times and FA cup winners 5 times in that time. Every club in England bar one or two would love to be that unsuccessful.

Aye, you're right, the last few years have been a massive success for them. Honestly, it's like banging my heid against a brick ****ing wall.

hibs0666
18-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Aye, you're right, the last few years have been a massive success for them. Honestly, it's like banging my heid against a brick ****ing wall.

I know the feeling.

Hermit Crab
19-11-2014, 04:58 AM

Arsenal are pish and currently their fans are less than impressed with wenger.

ancient hibee
19-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Arsenal are pish and currently their fans are less than impressed with wenger.

Thought they were one point away from progressing in the CL?

Hermit Crab
19-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Thought they were one point away from progressing in the CL?

Poor results against hull anderlect and Swansea have the fans questioning wengers tactics and decision making. They may qualify but will get humped in the knockout stage.

Hermit Crab
23-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Only a week ago threads like this were on the front page. What good performance does to people eh, myself included. Very refreshing yesterday.

Stevie Reid
23-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Only a week ago threads like this were on the front page. What good performance does to people eh, myself included. Very refreshing yesterday.

The reactions to last week's result and performance were OTT - we had six young players in our starting line up, as well as six first team regulars missing.

JimBHibees
24-11-2014, 11:09 AM
The reactions to last week's result and performance were OTT - we had six young players in our starting line up, as well as six first team regulars missing.

Completely agree.

TowerHibs
24-11-2014, 02:53 PM

Sadly makes things unenjoyable on here during the bad weeks. All of a sudden its massive amounts of doom and gloom. Difficult to think of a period of watching Hibs where we dominated every single game we played in.

Be a lot easier being a fan if we focussed on supporting/encouraging the guys after bad games. Also making sure we dont get too excited after a win either

Ah the fickle football fan