PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Kennedy frustrated STV interview

Aaron
14-11-2014, 02:43 AM
Can't help but feel for the lad - he's been fantastic when I've seen him play. I hope he gets a good run soon.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/299528-frustrated-matthew-kennedy-wants-more-out-of-hibernian-loan-deal/

StarMan10
14-11-2014, 03:37 AM
Can't help but feel for the lad - he's been fantastic when I've seen him play. I hope he gets a good run soon.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/299528-frustrated-matthew-kennedy-wants-more-out-of-hibernian-loan-deal/

Don't need these kind of interviews. Couldn't give a jot if he wants game time, fact is we're unbeaten since late September using two formations that doesn't need wingers. He can complain when we start losing.

Libby Hibby
14-11-2014, 05:02 AM
Stick him up front against QOS to partner Cummins and let's see how he does...playing Heff is not the answer imo (watch this, wee Heff will score a brace now if selected to start)

macd123
14-11-2014, 05:04 AM
Don't need these kind of interviews. Couldn't give a jot if he wants game time, fact is we're unbeaten since late September using two formations that doesn't need wingers. He can complain when we start losing.

It does mean we might lose one of our best players in January though. I don't see why he can't play behind the striker.

Gatecrasher
14-11-2014, 05:55 AM
He has bags of potential but he's a bit Ivan sproule when it comes to the end product imo. Stubbs has found a team getting us some wins I'm not going to complain about that.

Jpdhfc
14-11-2014, 06:14 AM
Don't think there's anything wrong in what he's said just a young man who wants to play football

GordonHFC
14-11-2014, 07:06 AM
I would be disappointed if he wasn't frustrated.

Turkish Green
14-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Whether by design or by luck, AS has found a formation that works. Kennedy is on loan until January. Maybe he is just going to be unlucky.

Pretty Boy
14-11-2014, 07:38 AM
Glad he's frustrated.

Would be far nore worried if we had players sitting on the bench who were just happy to be picking up a wage. He wants to play and is desperate on a chance, that's a good thing.

JimBHibees
14-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Glad he's frustrated.

Would be far nore worried if we had players sitting on the bench who were just happy to be picking up a wage. He wants to play and is desperate on a chance, that's a good thing.

Absolutely you definitely dont want to hear he is happy not starting. Not enough with his attitude.

J-C
14-11-2014, 08:22 AM
I think Stubbs answer to him shows maybe what's wrong in his game, attacking players need to defend from the front, it's all well and good showing little dips of the shoulder etc but stopping the opposition from the front is a vital part of the game nowadays, maybe he needs to go and look at his all round game.

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Yet to be impressed with his final ball. Too many step-overs and tricks rather than end product for me.....

JimBHibees
14-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Yet to be impressed with his final ball. Too many step-overs and tricks rather than end product for me.....

Personally like the fact he can go past a player with a bit of skill, it is not as if we have had loads of that sort of player before. Final ball will come in saying that movement of strikers is important also.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-11-2014, 02:29 PM

:agree: Has flattered to deceive so far.

Hopefully with game time he'll find his feet and contribute more but will just need to stay patient.

R11Loaded
14-11-2014, 02:50 PM
It's football, you find a system that works and play the players who fit it and improve it.

Kennedy doesn't.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Brooster
14-11-2014, 04:02 PM

Tanner baw player. Needs to be more direct with a better end product as you say.

bingo70
14-11-2014, 04:44 PM
I don't think his final ball is that bad.

He would have had a few more assists had Farid not got injured imo.

Unseen work
14-11-2014, 11:53 PM
VERY VERY confident. I like it.

I actually think his final ball isn't as bad as what people make out and like he said he goes past players for fun and creates ALOT of chances.

Would like to get him signed permantly but can't see that happening.

"Tearing it up" cracked me up aswell

Godsahibby
15-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Today shows why he shouldn't be in the team, He just doesn't give enough. A couple of good runs doesn't make up for a poor final ball and complete lack of interest when we don't have the ball. Makes it worse when there were times he gave the ball away and didn't bother his arse to track back.

ancient hibee
15-11-2014, 06:55 PM
These young boys-Harris,Kennedy,Handling,Stanton and to a lesser extent Cummings should watch Stevenson.There's nothing of him but he fights for every ball and when he passes invariably runs on for a return and never hides whether he's having a good game or not.These wee pretendy tackles and half hearted covering will never cut it even at this level.

scoopyboy
15-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Thing that gets me is he often gets a good ball and is one on one with a defender, however he then waits for another so he can beat two.

Seen it with him so often I believe he does this deliberately.

I believe Martinez was in the West, he couldn't have been impressed.

Billy Whizz
15-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Thing that gets me is he often gets a good ball and is one on one with a defender, however he then waits for another so he can beat two.

Seen it with him so often I believe he does this deliberately.

I believe Martinez was in the West, he couldn't have been impressed.

I also think that Lewis doesn't play as well when he has a winger in front of him, stops him getting forward, he has no space to run into

Alfred E Newman
15-11-2014, 07:00 PM
He was given plenty ball but distribution was awful. Some on here are quick to slag off our own youngsters but this Everton youngster has absolutely no chance of ever making it at that high level. Even in this league he looks very ordinary.

Loopz
15-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Genuinely forgot he was was on the park on more than one occasion today.:confused:

Godsahibby
15-11-2014, 07:12 PM
The frustrating thing he has the ability to get past the defender and get a cross over but why once he beats a man does he feel the need to cut back again

Alfred E Newman
15-11-2014, 07:15 PM
The frustrating thing he has the ability to get past the defender and get a cross over but why once he beats a man does he feel the need to cut back again

He is yet another left winger that is totally right footed.

Hiber-nation
15-11-2014, 07:35 PM
There might be an excuse today in that he had no target man but he isn't direct enough and cannot cross a ball. Needs to keep at it on the training ground.

Heisenberg
15-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Martinez was definitely at the game and he wouldn't have been overly impressed i'd imagine. He stayed till the 90th minute which amazed me :greengrin

Brooster
15-11-2014, 08:13 PM
As I said earlier he is a tanner baw player. No end product whatsoever. Brings nothing to the team.

trev the hat
15-11-2014, 08:43 PM
I also think that Lewis doesn't play as well when he has a winger in front of him, stops him getting forward, he has no space to run into

Agreed, 451 at home is not winning many points. It's almost as if Kennedy & Harris were getting in the way, Lewis & Gray getting forward (as was very successful at ibrox) is much more effective. Whilst I appreciate we need 3 central defenders for this to work. Booth temporarily could do this.
Cummings should never be leading the line on his own it doesn't work.
Danny Handling bottling a tackle proves to me anyway that these group of youngsters ie Handling, Cummings, Harris, Stanton & to a degree Kennedy think they are way better than they actually are. I don't think I've ever seen such a one paced Hibs side.
Several of the U20's could easily replace the guys mentioned above with better more honest performances. A 3-0 Win would have shifted several hundred half season books imo. Very disappointing at home these days that's 2 months since our last home league win.

West hamBERNIAN
15-11-2014, 09:09 PM
We could and probably should be beating these teams irrelevant of the formation we play, we have enough quality in our squad to be scoring goals with a 4-6-0 formation. I sometimes wonder how the under 20's would be fairing in these league, they, from what I've read performed admirably against a fairly strong Celtic team. saying all that I'm looking forward to having malonga and farid up top if Stubbs will play them together.