PDA

View Full Version : Question Questions for BuyHibs

Pretty Boy
13-11-2014, 12:42 PM
A lot of people have said they would like questions answered or more informatiom regarding the BuyHibs proposals.

I'm going to be compiling a list of questions from .net users and sending it over to them in the next couple of days, we'll then pop up a thread with the questions and answers when/if we get them.

So fire away and post your questions below. Obviously if there are a lot of similar questions I might collate them, also please keep it respectful and sensible. Finally there are other threads disucssing the merits of what the group have put forward so if we can keep this one just for questions please.

Ozyhibby
13-11-2014, 12:49 PM
I would like to ask them if they have had any encouragement from the club in their efforts so far?

Good idea btw.

Andy74
13-11-2014, 12:51 PM
A lot of people have said they would like questions answered or more informatiom regarding the BuyHibs proposals.

I'm going to be compiling a list of questions from .net users and sending it over to them in the next couple of days, we'll then pop up a thread with the questions and answers when/if we get them.

So fire away and post your questions below. Obviously if there are a lot of similar questions I might collate them, also please keep it respectful and sensible. Finally there are other threads disucssing the merits of what the group have put forward so if we can keep this one just for questions please.

Feedback from the recent club survey and also from the consultation nights showed that fan ownership wasn't really a key priority for most fans.

The experience at Motherwell is that although there may be some initial interest the actual number of people willing to contribute money to the club is very limited.

Given those two things what made you come forward just now to try to implement a scheme that not many people have said they want and that has failed largely at Motherwell?

Neil mentioned in the Evening News that the current budget was embarrasing and that hopefully this would provide the manager with more money to spend. How much do you know of our budget relevant to other clubs to form that opinion and in what way would the fans buying a majority of the club lead to more money being available to the manager?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
13-11-2014, 12:53 PM

What exactly are the pledges going to be used for?

How long will pledges from fans be expected to continue?

How will the business share element of the proposed ownership model be structured? How will these shares be valued? Why cant the fans pledging money simply buy shares, at the same value as the business investors?

Golden Bear
13-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Can we presume that Sir Tom has already been approached and is therefore happy with the concept of the proposed "drip feed" method of funding the purchase?

Golden Bear
13-11-2014, 12:57 PM
What will happen to the investment that existing shareholders already have in the Club?

JimBHibees
13-11-2014, 01:00 PM
There is a clear mention on the website that no investors were currently in place yet it appeared from the Launch that there was mention that backers were in place to invest. Which one is it ? and do you not think that the credibility of your initiative would increase markedly if some of these backers made themselves known.

Bostonhibby
13-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Were assessments of the pros and cons of other methods of acquiring an influence in the club explored? If so I think it might help inform a few of us to know why the Buyhibs option is a better option.

What is the Buyhibs view on getting the holding company to transfer some equity to the wider fanbase via a new share issue with funds raised being treated as new money to improve the playing side?

Will the directors of Buyhibs stand down / offer themselves for re-election along with others nominated to represent the fans being asked to fund the acquisition once or if the acquisition objective of Buyhibs has been achieved?

Do Buyhibs feel it would strengthen their hand in winning over fans if they got the question of mystery backers and their identity out of the way as soon as possible?

Have Buyhibs any plans to engage the numerous small shareholders? Have there been any barriers to them approaching what is likely to be a loyal and committed fanbase?

HappyAsHellas
13-11-2014, 01:26 PM
You say that you would like to base Hibs on a German model of fan ownership. Given that the German league itself is funded massively by TV, sponsorship and indeed government, exactly what part do you wish to copy as these main sources of funding are not available in Scotland due to demographics?

jdships
13-11-2014, 01:48 PM

Feedback from the recent club survey and also from the consultation nights showed that fan ownership wasn't really a key priority for most fans.

The experience at Motherwell is that although there may be some initial interest the actual number of people willing to contribute money to the club is very limited.

Given those two things what made you come forward just now to try to implement a scheme that not many people have said they want and that has failed largely at Motherwell?

Neil mentioned in the Evening News that the current budget was embarrasing and that hopefully this would provide the manager with more money to spend. How much do you know of our budget relevant to other clubs to form that opinion and in what way would the fans buying a majority of the club lead to more money being available to the manager?

Good post Andy :agree:

My son is friends with a couple of 'Well lads who signed up early doors.
It has turned out to be a (quote from the lads ) " a bit of a seven day wonder and at the last meeting there was grave doubts as to even the possibility of sufficient funds being raised to buy the majority shareholding . We need a Sheik Ali Ben Useless to help out !!"

Viva_Palmeiras
13-11-2014, 02:56 PM
As mentioned given there does not appear to be a huge number in favour of fan ownership, and given the challenges of others getting this off the ground and from the experiences of the constraints and challenges within the LWT/WT initiative, what fresh approach does the group propose to overcome these and win folks over?

If there is an embarrassing budget now what could we expect from a pledge-based based fan ownership scheme? And should funds be prioritised for the 1st team would youth development be sacrificed? What would your proritise be and would the foundations being put in place be threatened - which should surely be our competitive advantage (that's been a long time in coming!).

Since Club86 raised approximately £100k per year at its peak, is it realistic to hope that we achieve 6-7k pledging £20p/m esp with folks already saying football is too expensive (they'd pay this on top of their admission)

SmithyHibee
13-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Can you elaborate on the "lender of last resort buffer" you are currently in discussions about, what would this entail and who would be providing it?

lucky
13-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Why is the fans shared limited to 25% but private investors 49%?

With the promise of a maximum return of a 10% dividend, will this not take money out of the club into the private investors pockets?

Also as the fans would own 25% of the club would our dividend be used to purchase more shares or given back to the club as a gift?

Gatecrasher
13-11-2014, 03:23 PM
How many fans at the £20 average do they need to make this viable?

matty_f
13-11-2014, 03:28 PM
There has been a few references to buying the football club, the stadium, and the training centre as one entity and keeping them together. Aside from Leeann Dempster asking what people thought about the stadium and training centre being held separately to safeguard them (when discussing options) there has been nothing to suggest that there are any plans or that there is any risk of the stadium and the training centre being sold off.
Why has it become a priority point to ensure that they are kept together (the implication being that if this bid isn't successful, then the stadium and trainnig centre will be separated from the football club)?

I'd echo the question about dividends, how do you justify paying dividends which will essentially take up to 10% of the fans' money to go directly into private investors' pockets?

Hibstrooper
13-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Given that Hibs are already one of the most expensive clubs in Scotland to follow, what will an additional spend of £240 a year on top of the £400 I already spend on a season ticket truly bring me?

Selfish question I know however I don't believe we need to focus on fan ownership just now and believe that the club are already making the right changes to take us back to where we should be.

So if my support is wanted I need to be convinced on the benefits to me and/or Hibernian FC as I haven't been sold on these to date.

All it feels like is I'm being asked to fund someone else's takeover as I don't need a bit of paper saying I own part of the club (if I even get that?) or 1 vote in 5000 (again is that what I'm getting?) to feel like Hibs are part of who I am.

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Given that Hibs are already one of the most expensive clubs in Scotland to follow, what will an additional spend of £240 a year on top of the £400 I already spend on a season ticket truly bring me?

Selfish question I know however I don't believe we need to focus on fan ownership just now and believe that the club are already making the right changes to take us back to where we should be.

So if my support is wanted I need to be convinced on the benefits to me and/or Hibernian FC as I haven't been sold on these to date.

All it feels like is I'm being asked to fund someone else's takeover as I don't need a bit of paper saying I own part of the club (if I even get that?) or 1 vote in 5000 (again is that what I'm getting?) to feel like Hibs are part of who I am.

This is related to my main query regarding governance post 51% fan ownership. What will be the model of decision making at the club, and how will this work in practice? In short, what influence will the fan owners have?

emerald green
13-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Where does the BuyHibs initiative go if there simply aren't enough pledges from supporters? Do they just walk away? Do they have a Plan B? (Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere - haven't had time to read everything).

I'm kind of echoing a previous poster here, but have BuyHibs got any sort of numbers in mind in terms of 1) the number of pledges required from supporters to make this viable; 2) How much money do they reckon will be needed, in total, from supporters on a regular month to month basis; and 3) for how long?

I hope this doesn't sound too negative, because I currently have an open mind about the proposal in principle. I just don't know yet whether it's the best way forward for the club. Too many questions need to be answered, hence this thread.

Greencore
13-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Will we win the champions league in five years and sign World Cup stars?

Mikey
13-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Keep them coming folks.

Jonnyboy
13-11-2014, 08:01 PM
There has been a few references to buying the football club, the stadium, and the training centre as one entity and keeping them together. Aside from Leeann Dempster asking what people thought about the stadium and training centre being held separately to safeguard them (when discussing options) there has been nothing to suggest that there are any plans or that there is any risk of the stadium and the training centre being sold off.
Why has it become a priority point to ensure that they are kept together (the implication being that if this bid isn't successful, then the stadium and trainnig centre will be separated from the football club)?

I'd echo the question about dividends, how do you justify paying dividends which will essentially take up to 10% of the fans' money to go directly into private investors' pockets?

Saved me a lot of typing there Matty, thanks.

I'm disturbed by the fact that BuyHibs are echoing Hibileaks on this front and feel that if either or both groups have factual information regarding this point, that they have failed to share it with the fans they are looking to back them

Bostonhibby
13-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Are any investments from Buyhibs directors or mystery backers dependant / conditional on there being a dividend or other return on that investment?

RIP
13-11-2014, 11:43 PM
Sorry BuyHibs - multiple questions.

You have gone for the public/private community interest company model. Why do you believe that fan ownership would not work?
It has been stated that the Motherwell model (and the Killie model?) both failed becuase they were management-led? What makes you think than campaigns like yours can only succeed if they are fan-led?
Given that the Leanne Dempster/John Boyle management-led community scheme appears to have failed at Motherwell would you consider joining forces with Leeann on a joint venture to ensure greater success?

Mikey
14-11-2014, 07:49 AM
Any more folks? We won't be running this for long.

snedzuk
14-11-2014, 08:13 AM
Why has it been reported that buy hibs aim to acquire the east mains training centre but not the circa 50 acres of ground that forms part of it - what would happen to that asset?

car1973
14-11-2014, 08:25 AM
You refer to Hibs failing on and off the park. We appear to have made steps to address this now with the new football structure put in place and seem to have the right people to take us forward. Would this new structure remain unaffected by any buy out?

Bostonhibby
14-11-2014, 08:31 AM
On the possibility of a dividend being paid. What safeguards will their be to prevent a couple of larger shareholder/private investors being tempted to sell the club on for a profit to speculators who May have a different aim to the present buyhibs one.

Andy74
14-11-2014, 08:32 AM
If you get a pretty eary indication that you do not have a great deal of support will you back off and allow the club to concentrate on football and its own plans?

What are your measures in deciding at which point you progress or call it off?

marinello59
14-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Will we win the champions league in five years and sign World Cup stars?

:greengrin

ronaldo7
14-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Will you follow through with the current boards new infrastructure projects, or will they be scrapped.

Caversham Green
14-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Why is it considered necessary to set up a new CIC rather than converting the existing company?
Have any assurances been sought from the bank that debt forgiveness will be forthcoming? My concern is that in Kilmarnock's case (cited on the website) the debt was vulnerable because it was secured on an asset whose value was falling and therefore it was in the bank's interest to give a discount on repayment. That's not the case where the debt is secured by a personal guarantee.
With reference to 2., is there a plan B if the forgiveness does not materialise?
Would future budgets include the cost of removal of the current directors?

jdships
14-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Saved me a lot of typing there Matty, thanks.

I'm disturbed by the fact that BuyHibs are echoing Hibileaks on this front and feel that if either or both groups have factual information regarding this point, that they have failed to share it with the fans they are looking to back them

Exactly ! It has been spin,spin,spin, with no firm proposals - all straight out of the " Politicians handbook on how to try and fool people " !!!

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Exactly ! It has been spin,spin,spin, with no firm proposals - all straight out of the " Politicians handbook on how to try and fool people " !!!

Don't understand why they have not said who investor's are. How can you donate to something you know little about?

JimBHibees
14-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Don't understand why they have not said who investor's are. How can you donate to something you know little about?

I agree it is the biggest weakness. The website says no investors in place yet at the launch there were indications people were in the background. To expect people to support financially on top of existing spend on Hibs there needs to be a clear indication of who is behind this or if no-one say no-one is. The longer this lasts the more likely people are not going to commit until that is known

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2014, 10:57 AM
I agree it is the biggest weakness. The website says no investors in place yet at the launch there were indications people were in the background. To expect people to support financially on top of existing spend on Hibs there needs to be a clear indication of who is behind this or if no-one say no-one is. The longer this lasts the more likely people are not going to commit until that is known

Agree Jim, all very vague at present

Pretty Boy
14-11-2014, 11:21 AM
This thread will likely close late this evening or early tomorrow so anything you don't feel has been covered get it asked!

Barney McGrew
14-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Bump

guillaume
14-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Why have you decided to allow a dividend of 10%?

jacomo
14-11-2014, 03:53 PM
What would the management structure look like if the BuyHibs proposal succeeds?

Who would be on the Board?

How would they be appointed? Democratically elected? For what term?

Who would be chairman? If STF retains 26%, he could remain as largest shareholder... what if he insists that Rod Petrie continues in the role?

offshorehibby
14-11-2014, 04:20 PM
I know some of these questions have been asked already.

1 - With the statement from the CEO of Hibernian welcoming the idea, has any dialogue been started with Hibernian, has a meeting been arranged or are they still waiting to pick up the phone.

2 - Do BuyHibs have a detailed business plan in place

3 - Before I'm willing to commit to anything i need to know who these money men are that are willing to invest heavily in Hibs.

4 - The pledges, how do they see that running over time a) do they envisage this to be in place indefinitely
b) for x amount of years or
c) Till a certain amount is raised

5 - Maybe i'm being thick i how this 10% dividend works (only 10% of any total profit)

Black Kyle
14-11-2014, 05:37 PM
How can any business model operate when the projected income may significantly change on a monthly basis? For example, initially 5k fans sign up at £20pcm then this drops to 2k when results go against us or people's circumstances change or initial commitment wains and the direct debits get cancelled.

ancient hibee
14-11-2014, 06:35 PM
1.Why should I sign a pledge so that unknown investors will benefit.

2.10% Dividend-10%of what?-10% return on investment?Why should this money be taken out of the club?Nobody gets a 10% return in any legitimate investment.

3.What happens to the current loans-one of £2.5million is repayable in a lump sum in 2020.

4.What plans do the investors have for the current employees such as Dempster and Stubbs.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-11-2014, 12:16 AM
1) Has the overall concept stemmed from a similar thing happening across at Hearts?

2) Do we fully appreciate that our uptake will be nothing like theirs based on the fact that our entire existence isn't hanging in the balance? What happens to our current debt?

Pretty Boy
15-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Any more? Last chance.

The Falcon
15-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Any more? Last chance.

Why would the future of Easter Road an East Mains be in doubt should the support not get behind the Buy Hibs bid?

Quote from http://www.buyhibs.org/the-future/

"If fans do not support BuyHibs in sufficient numbers we believe Hibs face a difficult and uncertain future with the future of both Easter Road and the Hibernian Training Centre of particular concern."

Barney McGrew
15-11-2014, 08:28 AM
- You make mention of three and five year plans should you be successful. What is the detail of these and how will you go about achieving them?

- Other questions have already been put forward around the proposed dividend of up to 10% for business investors. Will everyone who potentially puts in money get their share of this 'windfall' and why do you consider it important to offer this dividend when most will agree that all money raised should remain within the club to be spent on/by it? Given that the club has made a profit for (I believe) seven of the last eleven years, this could be a significant amount.

- What will you do if the direct debit donations dry up? Have you budgeted for drop off, and if so by what amount/percentage?

- You talk about having engaged with people willing to 'help' fill 150 executive seats in the West Stand. What does this 'help' consist of?

guillaume
15-11-2014, 08:37 AM
One of the BuyHibs spokesmen referred to our recent player's budget as embarrassing in the Evening News article.

Can you tell us what the figures are and how they compare with our rivals?
Thanks.

Baldy Foghorn
15-11-2014, 08:44 AM
Why would the future of Easter Road an East Mains be in doubt should the support not get behind the Buy Hibs bid?

Quote from http://www.buyhibs.org/the-future/

"If fans do not support BuyHibs in sufficient numbers we believe Hibs face a difficult and uncertain future with the future of both Easter Road and the Hibernian Training Centre of particular concern."

Scaremongering?:confused::confused:

Bostonhibby
15-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Scaremongering?:confused::confused:

If they know something why not share it with the fans you are trying to win over? if they are making it up, then very poor indeed and we are probably better off ignoring.

matty_f
15-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Will there be a paid board of directors replacing the current board and how much in salary would we be expecting them to take?