PDA

View Full Version : BuyHibs Proposal

Mikeystewart
13-11-2014, 08:02 AM
Want to gauge the reaction to the BuyHIbs announcement and proposal. I'm still to be convinced.

basehibby
13-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Want to gauge the reaction to the BuyHIbs announcement and proposal. I'm still to be convinced.

Where's the "interested but haven't read it yet" option?

Hibs90
13-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Not convinced at all.

Mikey
13-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Or........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?294194-Buy-Hibs-Initial-Reaction

Mikeystewart
13-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Where's the "interested but haven't read it yet" option?

Still not convinced ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
13-11-2014, 12:13 PM
I could be convinced but will wait for more info before deciding either way.

I'm also interested to hear Hibs plans for ownership and/or structural change to see how similar they are to BuyHibs plans.

chippy
13-11-2014, 12:38 PM
I pledged but this won't let me vote and I'm logged in any siggestions?

offshorehibby
13-11-2014, 12:58 PM
I could be convinced but will wait for more info before deciding either way.

I'm also interested to hear Hibs plans for ownership and/or structural change to see how similar they are to BuyHibs plans.

This is roughly where i stand. I'm guessing we'll have to wait till the AGM to see if Hibs have a plan up their sleeves.

I have have voted 'yet to be convinced' - i have not made a pledge yet. PK said at the conference the had businessmen wanting to invest but they don't wont to put their heads above the parapet. I would prefer to know who was interested before i pledge.

CB_NO3
13-11-2014, 01:13 PM
I have pledged. I can't stand Petrie and Farmer. They got us in this mess. Facts are facts. Relegated twice under their management is ok if your a wee club like Inverness or Ross County, not Hibs. Regular bottom 6 finishes are ok for the St Johnstone's and Dundee's of the world, not Hibs. Changing managers every 18 months is like a pub team.

Ill always thank Farmer for saving us two and a half decades ago but times have changed in modern football. Clubs are self substainable.

I really hope we keep Dempster on though. I might re-think my pledge if she gets the boot.

greenlex
13-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Leaders put their heads above the parapet. I don't see the need for the secrecy. It's the clubs future we are messing with here. Whilst I think we all agree the need for change I don't think just any old change should be jumped upon without due diligence. No pledge from me I'm afraid. Show me who and what I'm getting behind.

Hermit Crab
13-11-2014, 10:10 PM
I pledged but this won't let me vote and I'm logged in any siggestions?

Spell check and then cancel your pledge? :greengrin

chippy
14-11-2014, 06:16 AM
Spell check and then cancel your pledge? :greengrin
Thanks so much for your help, how old are you?

Peevemor
14-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Leaders put their heads above the parapet. I don't see the need for the secrecy. It's the clubs future we are messing with here. Whilst I think we all agree the need for change I don't think just any old change should be jumped upon without due diligence. No pledge from me I'm afraid. Show me who and what I'm getting behind.

:agree:

Hibby70
14-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Thanks so much for your help, how old are you?

ASL?

Are you using the mobile version. You can't vote using it.

Turkish Green
14-11-2014, 07:31 AM
I do not believe in change for change's sake.

I am so far not convinced, but am open to persuasion.

Dinkydoo
14-11-2014, 11:23 AM
I do not believe in change for change's sake.

I am so far not convinced, but am open to persuasion.

I'm of the same opinion. The recent changes in management need to have more time to show us thier worth. Results and performances on the park have improved and we're doing a lot of work out-with the first team; I'd rather wait and see what that produces before changing ownership and shaking everything up again.

rcarter1
15-11-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm of the same opinion. The recent changes in management need to have more time to show us thier worth. Results and performances on the park have improved and we're doing a lot of work out-with the first team; I'd rather wait and see what that produces before changing ownership and shaking everything up again.

I hope that BuyHibs come out soon with some clarifications on how this would work, and over what timescale.

Ive heard many times that people are hesitant to get involved because they want the current management team to have time. As far as i see it, the buy out has nothing to do with changing the management team (Alan Stubbs/Leanne Dempster etc etc). It is about getting fans directly involved in the ownership of the club for the long term benefit of the club.

Even if the proposal were well backed by supporters, the actual buy out would take a few years to come to pass (??). It has nothing to do with changing this next week, month or even next year. The reason I have pledged is:

I want to contribute to Hibs, and can afford a £10 per month to help safe guard the clubs future.

Part ownership by supporters will allow more direct supporter input into how the club is run in the future.

If the deal falls through, I won't have paid a penny, as the direct debit will be cancelled.

If this fails now, it may be a long time before there is a will to try this again. It won't happen overnight, I would rather get involved now.

The fact that Paul Kane and Pat Stanton are involved leads me to believe that this is being driven by Hibs minded people, and isn't a quick buck scam.